Speaker 1: I want the fairy tale. I want the prince charming.
Speaker 2: She how do I put this? Isn't a fan of my kissing style.
Speaker 1: With the boyfriend and girlfriend for about twelve hours. He's in a trash bin. He's non recyclable catching them mu.
Speaker 2: I love being love. I love love.
Speaker 1: On today's episode of Where's Your Head Out, we are drunk texting one another and looking at the psychology behind why we feel the need to send risk a messages when we are ten shots deep.
Speaker 2: Look Anna, we've all been there, so we're going to help you successfully write and respond to those what are you doing text messages?
Speaker 1: Stay tuned to find out whether drunk texts are truly sober thoughts. Where's Your Head Out is a podcast that talks all things relationships, breakups, reality TV, trending shows, and everything in between.
Speaker 2: This is your new go to destination for laughs, gossip, intimate details, advice, and much more. Welcome back and another day in the studio. How are you feeling?
Speaker 1: I'm okay. Can you see a bit of deep heat? I've got to saw next. I feel like prey it on my neck to try and like loosen it. You know, when you just wake up Russ. Yeah, I've just been waking up a bit rough lately.
Speaker 2: I thought that smell was taking me back to the footy change rooms, getting the rubbed down by the weird looking trainers telling me that they've never seen muscles as big as mine.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I feel like sometimes you make up these comments.
Speaker 2: I swear I hear it, so I don't know if someone says it or I think it, it's still in my mind.
Speaker 1: Oh God, how's your week been?
Speaker 2: Good? Good? We haven't touched on something though. Yeah, the fashion show from a couple of weeks ago we went to. Do you remember that one?
Speaker 1: I do remember that one. Yeah. I actually can't believe you're bringing that back up, but yes, I do remember.
Speaker 2: Yes, we didn't touch on the fact that someone was walking in there and we had to watch them front row. I mean, you didn't want me to bring this up, teacher.
Speaker 1: I didn't really expect Matt to bring this up, So I'm a little bit sure. But yes, Matt and I did go to a fashion show a few weeks back. Now, I thought I had like avoided that chat. But here we are.
Speaker 2: I'min busy. We've had guests in the meantime, ut. But here it is. We need to bring it off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so do you want me to Well.
Speaker 2: We were sitting front row, sitting there it was you meeting Jen and Michael, sitting front row with our partners. Yes, we're watching this beautiful fashion show, some beautiful clothes. It was an all male runway, so they're coming out and who none other that comes out than your ex Josh Packham. I'll give you this. He actually did look good in what he was wearing.
Speaker 1: I did like it, But to be honest, I was surprised you weren't asked because you were an actual model, Like you're a six foot five.
Speaker 2: You've unfortunate.
Speaker 1: I'm saying no more, but I was surprised to see you weren't asked to do that runway show.
Speaker 2: But then, to be honest, maybe got lost in my junk mail.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's too popular everything.
Speaker 2: Maybe they knew they couldn't afford it. I don't know who knows, but yeah I was. I wasn't too surprised. I was an inn iveene. I haven't walked a catwalk in what years? When was the last time you walked one?
Speaker 1: A long time? I wouldn't do it again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we did say afterwards, so that I'd find it pretty weird to do. Now. I don't think i'd be able to take it as seriously as I used to, you know what I mean, it'd be different.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I used to take them very seriously, Like I was like full Zoolander mode on I know.
Speaker 2: You definitely I wanted to get that good photo, and I mean.
Speaker 1: The guys on the runway did an amazing job and they were very Zoolander.
Speaker 2: So let's talk about it though. Josh Packham, your ex, everyone knows that, come strutting out looking very Zoolander. You're sitting front row with your ring glistening in the light, with Michael sitting next to you. Join me talk you through what emotions you're feeling when that happens.
Speaker 1: I didn't really feel any emotions. I was just kind of like, I mean, pre show, you were like, hey, just a little heads up, Josh, your ex and his twin brother are walking in the show. So I was like, oh, okay, like that's fine, Like it is what it is. You know, Josh and I are on like fine terms. There's no bad blood. So I was just like that's cool. When I saw him, Like I didn't really feel any type of way. I was just like, it is what it is. I mean, you were like camera at the ready, like zooming in on him. Like that's a bit much you do you mad?
Speaker 2: I wanted to get here and then your reaction, but you told nothing. You didn't give anything away. It didn't look like anything.
Speaker 1: What was strange about that though, And I know that you knew this was happening. Was directly across from me and you on this runway catwalk was the Daily Mail and they had like a camera set up just pointing directly at me, Michael, you and Jen. And I was like, is this because they know that my ex boyfriend is walking in the rum way and I'm sitting here with my new fiance, Like, is that why they're pointing the camera at us? Because I was a little bit shook about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was a bit awkward. I reckon. I saw that as well, and I was like, oh, not look too to I don't know, look too angry at him or too like you just have.
Speaker 1: To be neutral, right, Like you can't be happy, you can't laugh, you definitely can't look angry.
Speaker 2: In wrestling, we call it no selling, just blank face.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I did a good blank face.
Speaker 2: You did well. Had you spoken to Josh since you guys got engaged?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Actually, so no congratulations message or anything from him?
Speaker 1: No, I didn't. I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe you've had too many messages you've lost his No.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure I didn't get a message from him. But that's okay.
Speaker 2: Well, speaking of messages, so Jen and I celebrated out one year a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 1: Rat it's a big milestone.
Speaker 2: It's gone so quickly.
Speaker 1: What did you guys do for it?
Speaker 2: Well, we went to Crown, spent the night there. I had a nice night, really played Holy moly, golf, had a little bit of friendly competition. Let's just put it this way. There was some sexual acts up for grabs for whoever wins a lot at steak. Really, a couple of hole in ones would lead to maybe a hole in one, who knows. But yeah, so we're gone. We were looking back at old messages and we're like, let's reminisce on before we started dating. So she's sitting there in the bed and we're going through them, and she took it right back. So she went back to the start of our Instagram conversation.
Speaker 1: It's hard to get right back. It's a lot of scrolling.
Speaker 2: It was a lot of scrolling, and she got there. And let's just say a couple of those messages from me, I think I've touched on them. They were thirsty, were they like I was sending some serious.
Speaker 1: Like you sending're my.
Speaker 2: Dream girl, You're eleven out of ten, I'm going to pick you up. I'll post these on the Facebook group if anyone wants to see them. There's some really She goes, I'm excited. I think one of them, she says, I go, I'm gonna pick you up for drinks on Monday. Let's share a bottle of red. And she's like, I don't drink red or something. I can't remember exactly word for word, but it was really painful to look back on. But we're looking at him, we're looking at the time that they were sent in the date because you see it obviously. And I was like, I was like, let's see what I was doing, because that time's a very random time. So I've gone into my camera roll. I paid for the iCloud Supreme, so I've got it all. I can look at photos from like four, five, six, years ago. So I scroll out. I'm going through my photos. I look, I try, I find the month, find the month, I find the time, and I figure out I was on the Gold Coast with my mates, having a fun trip with the boys that weekend.
Speaker 1: I see, having a boys trip when you sent these messages to.
Speaker 2: Jem So I'm looking through them. I'm looking through them, and I said, what time was that sentence? She was like, oh, it looks like eleven something or whatever time it was. And I was like, oh my god, you're kidding. And I don't remember the exact time, but it was like eleven twenty eight. I sent the messages and at eleven thirty there was a photo of me in a booth with my mates the huge fish bowl. Just absolutely pissed out of my eyelids, just like this with a fishbowl. So two minutes before I had taken that photo pissed, I was sending Jen thirsty messages.
Speaker 1: We love a drunk text, don't we.
Speaker 2: But it was completely not gonna get me anywhere. She was in Melbourne. I was on the Gold Coast.
Speaker 1: See that just shows the levels that you were willing to go for for Jen, Like you were so obsessed with her that even although you were in different states, you were like, I don't care. You're getting a drunk text night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're looking fit in whatever story you're posted. You're getting these messages. Someone please lock me up. Not doing well.
Speaker 1: Look on that note, I think it's time to took all things drunk texts. Okay, Matt, So you used to drunk text. You're now girl friend Jen before you guys had even met, and you used to send her heaps of drunk messages. But the question that I want to ask is why did you drunk text? Like, why do we drunk text?
Speaker 2: Well, I think that one was I was quite drunk. I'm not going to lie. I'm probably pretty horny throwing some feelers out. The hail mary is I like to call them. So in American football, hail mary is when the quarterback will throw it and just hope it lands.
Speaker 1: So you're sending out a few hail marys.
Speaker 2: Mary's when I used to get drunk and I was single, being one of them will land. You know, I'm not picking up right now, but she was in a different state. I was hoping it landed.
Speaker 1: It landed for the following weekend.
Speaker 2: It eventually landed and that's the point of hail Mary. It eventually so, but why would you send a drunk text?
Speaker 1: Well, look, I think we all send drunk texts because we have a bit of Dutch courage. We're feeling a little bit more confident. We probably think less about the ramifications of that text the next day when you're sober, So I guess we're maybe less accountable for our act.
Speaker 2: How about the next day when you wake up and you see some of the messages you've sent demons? Demons just straight swipe to leave.
Speaker 1: I don't even look stop it, so you won't even go in to see the chat.
Speaker 2: I never would.
Speaker 1: I'd just feel like that's it doesn't like they're not knowing, stress you out even more ignorance. That's not the mindset that I have.
Speaker 2: Like I just don't want to know what I've said, because I've known I've been in some states and I would have sent some real fucked up stuff and just delete it. I've got one for you. Yeah, do you know when a guy is sending you a hail Mary text?
Speaker 1: What do you mean? Like you're just throwing it out there drunk texts as in, like he's trying to get late.
Speaker 2: Do you know when they come through?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Absolutely surely. How do you like a wyd? Are? What you're doing is like if someone's throwing out a wyd, you know that it's a booty call, right, Like it's not even a hey, how you going?
Speaker 2: What guys are sent? Actually sending that.
Speaker 1: Someone sent me a wyd And I was like, I literally I remember he sent it to me the week prior and then the next week I was out at the club and I was like the audacity of you to send me a wyd, Like.
Speaker 2: How did you know him? How well did you know?
Speaker 1: He was? Just like he's just like the town player and fuck boy, so like it wasn't a surprise to get to what you're doing from him. But like I was just thinking, like I wonder how many wyds he sent out that night, like at least ten, at least at a minimum, at a minimum ten. But yeah, I think to answer your question personally, for me, I think the difference between a nine to fifty nine message and a ten o'clock message is massive because I think when it ticks over to ten o'clock, it's a booty call.
Speaker 2: Right, you said this before, and I was saying that. I think that's still a bit early, kicking around twelve one.
Speaker 1: I think like in general, if someone's messaging you are to seven pm on a Friday or a Saturday night, you can guarantee they're out drinking with their friends. They're not messaging you because they're trying to tea up a day. They're messaging you because they're like, I'm out, I want to see if you're out, and like let's link up later.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've definitely Yeah, everyone's definitely sent them. I just want to know if girls actually know that they're coming in hot as a wid text an actual like you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: What do you mean?
Speaker 2: No, So, like a guy sends you on, have you ever woken up to guys sending him to?
Speaker 1: Absolutely? Yeah, what do you do?
Speaker 2: Just laugh?
Speaker 1: I just don't reply and like that's embarrassing and like you're probably gonna look at that in the morning and go, yeah, but if you like them then but if you like them, then maybe you would reply be like haha, someone had a big night last night, you know, like a bit of cheekiness. Yeah. I remember, Actually I was seeing this guy probably like two years before I met Michael and it's actually one that Michael has met a couple of times. So Michael is aware of this person who I used to date.
Speaker 2: Obviously who you and the guy still civil?
Speaker 1: No, No, we don't talk and we hadn't talked for a while. Yeah, but I remember when that guy who I used to see found out that I was seeing Michael, he then sent me like a twelve o'clock message being like, what are you up to? Are you out? And then Michael saw them. Yeah, me and Michael were in bed and Michael saw the message, and he's like, he knows that we're seeing each other, and he hasn't messaged you in about six months, and the fact that this is a message at midnight that he's sending you when he knows that we're seeing each other, it's just playing rude, right, Yeah, So.
Speaker 2: What do you think the meaning behind that would be? Then?
Speaker 1: Well, I don't really know specifically, but I have a few theories. The first one would be like, obviously, this other guy is kind of like, well, I was seeing Anna before Michael, so he's kind of like seeing if I'm still open to the idea of him, which I wasn't, and I didn't reply, So maybe he was just like testing the waters to see like where my head was at, and my head was with Michael, and he never got a reply again and he got a ghosting.
Speaker 2: Poor guy throw throwing out those text messages. Well, there's a lot of reasons.
Speaker 1: I don't know would you do that. Like if you were seeing someone like six months ago and then let's just say you're single for the argument's sake, So you're seeing someone six months ago, and then someone who you've met a few times, like a guy, start seeing that.
Speaker 2: Person, wouldn't give a fuck, to be honest, Okay.
Speaker 1: So what would make you send a message like that?
Speaker 2: I don't know, why would you send a message unless you were trying to like cook back up with them. I don't think i'd give a shit if they were seeing someone else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so maybe he's trying to see Maybe you're.
Speaker 2: Trying to see how serious you are with the other person. So yeah, can you have another crack at him?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And I think that's why, Yeah, that happened.
Speaker 2: Okay. So there's a lot of meanings behind sending a drunk text. I feel a lot of them would be that if you've received a drunk text from someone, they're thinking of you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, And like, also, I feel like sometimes I reckon that I've sent drunk texts because I maybe feel a certain way about someone, but I really have no idea if those feelings are reciprocated, and so then I'm kind of like, well, I'm not going to say anything. But then when I get a little bit tipsy, I'm like, fuck it, I'm just gonna like tell them how I feel and test the waters and confess all of my feelings towards them kind of thing.
Speaker 2: You know, I've read it the next day and you got that hangover anxiety hangover from hell. Yeah. This so another reason be something reminded you of them. So I was I remember New Year's Eve, Jen, someone she used to see, texted her, Yeah, actually was something that reminded them of her. She didn't reply over sleep because me and her were having cute romantic thing. But like, that's an ambitious way to slide into someone's like DMS or rekindle something I've had.
Speaker 1: That though, have you. Yeah, Like someone will be like, oh, I'm at this restaurant that we once went to, and then they'll be like this reminded me of you, or like something like that and it is. It's definitely a slide in like and especially if someone's in a relationship, it's very like you know what I mean, Like it's definitely on that boundary of crossing a line, but it also could be super harmless with no malice.
Speaker 2: I don't think it was.
Speaker 1: It wasn't him.
Speaker 2: It was very share of details. They could feel intimidated by you and they just can't talk to you sober. So I think a lot of girls have felt this. Suff messaged me. Have you been intimidated by someone who message him while you were drunk and you can talk to him while you're sober? Michael, do that to you?
Speaker 1: I mean me and Michael definitely had like a lot of drunk messages like back and fall before we actually had a first day, Like we would kind of chat when he was out and I was out, and then we'd like try and kind of meet up, but then it wouldn't work out. But I have a question for you. Do you think that you can send a drunk text and it's just like a genuine mistake, Like it just has no meaning behind.
Speaker 2: It, like the wrong person or you used to know, like you.
Speaker 1: Send the message maybe because you're bored or like you're maybe reaching out to like everyone in your phone book who comes up, and like there's literally no meaning behind it. So you could send someone a message and I don't know, like flame react to something of someone, and then you wake up in the morning and you're like, oh, why did I do that? Like that's not how I feel at all.
Speaker 2: That used to be my Saturday flames.
Speaker 1: To everyone, and that's like giving out flames to the holand Melo.
Speaker 2: In Vegas time when I was like ham it. My dams were just not well. I have you ever drunk texted me?
Speaker 1: Have I drunk texted you in that way?
Speaker 2: But ever drunk texted anything? I think I drunk texted you the other day at the racist, didn't I It's something I can't remember. We were chatting and it was a fucking no.
Speaker 1: I got a message. So Matt was at the races the other day and I got this message from these two girls and they sent me a message. Let me see if I can find my screenshot you screenshot. I screenshot at it because it was so good. So it's these like two beautiful blonde girls with Matt and then it says where are you from? That So I got a drunk text recently from that through other people, and I was like, that is so hilarious, Like I don't know, like we'll put this photo on our Facebook page for everyone.
Speaker 2: Look I look on Wow.
Speaker 1: That looks like his eyes are like not there.
Speaker 2: But that's what endless amounts of champagne due to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good champagne, though, very good champagne at the race, very good champagne.
Speaker 2: So I haven't drunk texted you, only through someone else.
Speaker 1: Through someone else, You've drunk texted me, But yeah, no, I don't think. We don't really drunk text each other. Like it's not really a thing. I mean, do you drunk text Jen if you're having a boy's night all the time? Yeah, And what do you say?
Speaker 2: I can't wait to get home to you.
Speaker 1: Can't wait to snuggle.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to snuggle. I should see what I'm packing. It's coming in hot. Do you do that with Michael or Michael do that with you?
Speaker 1: Look, I'm if he's on a boy's night and I'm home, I kind of try to leave him to his own devices because I don't want to be like two overbearing. I'm like, we live together, we spend a lot of time together. We have like work projects that we're doing together. So like I'm going to leave him be, But like, the drunk messages that he sends me are so funny. He's like, I mean, before we were engaged, I want to marry you. I'm going to put a ring on that finger. He says, like, I want to have babies with you. I can't wait till we have kids. Michael's going to kill me.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, threw him straight under the bass. Okay, so what's the most cringe drunk message you've ever seen?
Speaker 1: I don't even know. I think I've like mentally blocked those out, like you said, Like, I definitely haven't deleted them. But in the realm of this, I do remember like a moment in time and I think I was nineteen, and I've told this story on the podcast. Before my first love, the first like proper boyfriend that I had. He went to schoolies cheated on me six times in seven days. I was a heartbroken. You know, we broke up and I remember the moment. It wasn't a drunk text, but it was, I mean, it was drunk text. It was drunk text. It was drunk calls. It was everything. So I was at the bowling alley with all of my friends. We were getting a lit and I was very drunk, and I had broken up with him and I'd gone like no contact, and I was just like, I'm cutting you out of my life. I'd been so strong, I was so proud of myself, and then I just like, you know when you just have one drink too many, yeah, and you just tip over to like drunk into like psychotic.
Speaker 2: It's like those tiktoks when it's like the girl's taking a sip of the drink and she's like, boyfriend thinks he's getting kinky me, but he's getting like muhammad a leading me or something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So, like I literally had one drink too many and I was with my friends. I was extremely intoxicated, and I remember thinking, it's a Friday night. This motherfucker who's cheated on me and broken my heart is out Because I think I could see that he was out on socials, and I think that was part of the part of the tipping process that triggered you. The triggering. Yeah, And then I was like, he's going to be cooking up with other girls. He's probably going to be sleeping with other girls, and I I'm actually ashamed to say this, but like we're going to be honest. I started blowing off his phone with calls. I think I called him like at least nineteen times no answer. No, I think he did answer, and then I started yelling at him and he hung up on me, and then I proceeded to retry and call him. I think he could tell I was slurring to the maximum. I think, I like, po, what do you mean, Paul Bloke? He cheated on me six times and seven.
Speaker 2: Days dog for doing that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he deserved everything that was coming to him. But like at the same time, like because I had been so strong, the whole like strong fasab that I was putting on came crumbling down, and I was like messaging him like answer my calls, do this? Do that? Anyway, there was a long.
Speaker 2: Call of call logs and message do you leave voicemails?
Speaker 1: No? Thank god? Fuck was the only thing worse than like drunk calling and drunk texting is drunk voicemails. That's like a whole new level. But anyway, I woke up the next day and I was mortified, like absolutely mortified. And the thing is is I wasn't going to call him an apologize because I was like, I mean, you cheated on me. Fuck you, like you've called to me so much trauma. Like my nineteen year old, trusting, you know, wholesome self was completely destroyed by this guy. And I became like this, like crazy trust issued person who, like you know what I mean, was a little unstable. So I was like, fuck you. But also I'm not apologizing.
Speaker 2: You deserve that. In all those drunk messages, absolutely had it come in. I can't think of the most cringe drunk message I've ever sent, but I remember the most painful drunk messaging encounter I've ever had. Right, So I went out with my mates. Jen went out with her mates. This was a little while ago when I lived with my mates and she lived by herself. So we've gone out. I've gone out, she's gone back home. She's like I'm home. We're sending you know, those fiery, those firing messages at each other, like I'm like, you better be ready. I'm coming in hot. You better get ready for this. It's going down. What I get there, I've had a couple more shots of tequila, I'm in the ubercoming. She's going to be quiet, though, so I'm like, you know, all right, she's getting ready. It's all happening now, just in the shower, freshening enough. And then I get there and I call her, no answer. I text her no answer, call he no answer, and I'm out the front really pissed, ready to go. I'm like, what's going on? Ring her doorbell, no answer. I'm calling her NonStop, throwing rocks at her window, literally like I'm out of a rom column, trying to wake her up. I'm like, wait, Jen, Jan, get the door. I'm throwing all these rocks. Nothing's happening. I'm sitting there. I reckon for like twenty minutes, and I'm like, you know what I reckon. She's either died, hopefully not, or passed out.
Speaker 1: So I was like, okay for the ladder, Oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I might. I wasn't too annoyed.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 2: I mean, I was quite annoyed. I was, so I was like, damn, what am I gonna do now? So I just got an uber went home. Luckily enough, it was when I was living with my mates. They were coincidentally still up playing NFL Madden, so I sat with them, had a couple of drinks with them, and then she actually woke up from her passed out state, and I then caught an we were back.
Speaker 1: At what time? Is it?
Speaker 2: Five am? Maybe?
Speaker 1: Wow, that's a big night for both of you. Jesus Christ.
Speaker 2: And let's say I got there and we went to bed. We're both pretty point, we're both so. But that was probably one of the most painful drunk encounters I've had.
Speaker 1: Over That's so annoying because you're like thinking, I'm about to get lucky and then it just is an absolute let down. It was, but it has a drunk text ever worked in your favor on Matt, because I know, like you know, when we're younger, we send these like drunk texts and like try and hit it. Maybe if you were like to a free to show your emotions to someone and then it ended up working out, Like have do you have a situation like that?
Speaker 2: I only have the obvious when you've sent someone a drunk message when you've left and they've come picked you up, and like you wouldn't message them.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, yeah came to them.
Speaker 2: None have shared my emotions. I don't think.
Speaker 1: Ah, look, I think there's nothing wrong with a good drunk text. I think, like if you're single, the other person's person is single, Like why not? You know what I mean? Like, sometimes it does break down that barrier that we hold up so high, and like sometimes we are scared to share our emotions. A lot of us have been hurt, and like we have walls up, and sometimes when we're drunk, the walls come down and we start seeing everything in like fairy tales. And it's sometimes nice to send one of those.
Speaker 2: Messages and see what happens.
Speaker 1: I see what happens, and roll the dice, you know, play the roulette.
Speaker 2: If you're a serial drunk text message like I was myself and it's not getting you anywhere. Do we have some advice on how people can deal with that?
Speaker 1: Okay, Matt, Look, let's talk about the ways to deal with the repercussions of drunk texts next.
Speaker 2: So you reckon, people should enact like me and just delete the messages and act like they never happened. What do you mean it's a safe way to deal with your drunk text I.
Speaker 1: Mean, look, I if they've not cheated on me multiple times, I think a good little apology, sorry, I was drunk is a really good way to just like dissolve a lot of that anxiety instead of it being surrounded by that person. So if you were to ever see them out again, you're like, holy shit, I have sent them numerous drunk text messages and I'm super embarrassed. Like I think, sometimes just a sorry, I was really hammered is a good way to go about.
Speaker 2: It, or just to laugh it off. Yeah, be like ha ha ha, sorry really drunk last night?
Speaker 1: Yeah hahaha, last night was big for me. I hope you had a good time.
Speaker 2: By the way, still feel that way.
Speaker 1: Free on the weekend for a day?
Speaker 2: Yeah, by the way, I still feel like that. Oh yeah, obviously, just do what I do, Just ignore it completely and it never happened. But like you said, those awkward run ins, we'll get awkward as it's a small world out there. You don't know when you're going to see him next, god forbid their work colleague or something.
Speaker 1: It's just too much like that is that is way more anxiety? And do you think and I think the only thing worse than that is drunk texting an X. That's a whole new realm of drunk texting right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like what you did. I've actually never drunk texted an X. I don't think because you don't think, I don't think. I, like I said, I not that you can recall that I've once like block their numbers. The other ones I don't really need to deal with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fair, it's just it's not really.
Speaker 2: But I guess people. Yeah, they obviously have unresolved feelings and they were just drunk call their X and it all to them.
Speaker 1: Well, I have a story about one of my exes drunk texting me via Snapchat. So, funnily enough, since we're on this my first love and my first boyfriend, the one who cheated on me six times and seven days, we've heard a lot about him in this episode.
Speaker 2: This guy gets more airtime than Michael at this point.
Speaker 1: Well, he actually so, I was in a six year relationship, and three years into that relationship, I actually got a drunk text from him and it was on Snapchat, so he was being a bit dodgy, and it was a paragraph, and the paragraph basically was saying how much he loved me, how he can't believe I'm still in a relationship. He thought it was like a thing that was going to pass and we'd get back together, and he was like telling me how like he like I'm his first love. Like I didn't obviously reply because I was like fuck cute, still salty. Five years later on, you guys.
Speaker 2: Have had a lot of drunk text messaging to each other.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean when I was drunk texting him, it was a very it was very fresh, like I was. I was very fragile at that point, but this was like I was like very settled in living with another boyfriend when I got that message from him. So it was a bit out of the blue for me, and I was a bit like taken aback. It was very unexpected. But look, Matt, let's talk about why X's drunk text us.
Speaker 2: All right, So one of the main ones would probably be there looking for an ego boost. They might need someone that, like, you know, you're an easy target if you're like an ex, you know, you need a target for them to pick up and try and get that affection from and those words of affirmation that make him feel good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's just getting that validation. Like obviously, if you were in a relationship with that person, there was a time where you were both in love you both would validate each other, and sometimes when you're single and alone, you do miss that validation. So I think that's one of the main reasons why you might be getting a text from.
Speaker 2: They could also just have unresolved feelings, like I said before, like a drunk person hasn't like you know, they haven't worked through their feelings like as a sober person. So when they're drunk, all those emotions have come to the surface and they just read it unload on you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I mean, I think the last reason why your exes texting is maybe they just want to get laid. Maybe they're like, the sex was really good. Should we have one last hurrah?
Speaker 2: And maybe that's that's such a certain easy way, and if you're up for it, take it because you know the sex was good, don't turn down good sex.
Speaker 1: Do you reckon that an ex is ever messaging you when they're drunk because they're wanting to get back together, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I reckon, But then they're drunk. But then is it true that, like sober thoughts are a drunk voice.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I think sometimes yes, and then in other times no.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think those fleeting like one second thoughts that you might have, and then if you're drunk, you might hold on to it and be like, let's send.
Speaker 2: To say that when you're drunk, you get really obsessed her with thoughts that when you're sober you probably wouldn't care about.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, Like I think sometimes people might hold on to drunk text that. Yeah, like if a guy was to message them and be like, oh my god, you're the one. You're amazing, Like you know, my ex said to me, you're the one that got away. If I hold onto that like, well.
Speaker 2: I did say to Jen that I was obsessed with her and look here we are. I don't know, maybe some.
Speaker 1: Truth in it, maybe, Well look, I think it's that time of the show that you guys have all been waiting for. Let's jump into where's our head? App? Okay, Matt, So, Lily has said I have been chatting to a guy and he usually texts me on a weekend around ten till eleven pm when he has been drinking. Is he interested in me and just needs the confidence from drinking or is it just a late night booty call.
Speaker 2: Do you want to break it to Lily or do you want me to Anna?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean you can tell it from a male perspective, and then I'll give my opinion.
Speaker 2: He doesn't message you all week and then messages you then to meet up? Is that what how she means?
Speaker 1: It sounds like that he usually texts me on the weekend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're a booty call Lily.
Speaker 1: That does sound a bit booty call ish. Although I just want to say one thing. When Michael and I first met and we hadn't gone on a first date, I did get a couple of like weekend messages from him, like around nine o'clock or something, and I think it was because I was on his mind. So just because someone is giving you those booty call messages, it doesn't necessarily have to be like doom and gloom. It could mean like, you know, set your boundary and be like, take me on a date. That's what I said. I was like, yeah, I'm busy tonight, but like you can take me on a date during the week if you're free.
Speaker 2: And maybe he's just not a really a good chat. He doesn't have good chats, and when he's been drinking, that's when he feels like he does and he's actually got, like said, the confidence to message. Yeah, but from me, my personal opinion ten to eleven's late.
Speaker 1: It's probably a booty co but like it doesn't mean it's the end, is what we're saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so maybe ask him, Yeah, just take you on a date during the week and see how he is. He's messaged him during the week and see if he replies. If he leaves you on scene, then you know where he said, don't talk to me again.
Speaker 1: Okay, So Claire has said I always send the most embarrassing drunk messages on a night out and have anxiety the next day waiting for people to either respond or laugh it off. How can I stop self sabotaging like.
Speaker 2: This, um, turn your plane onto aeroplane mode, I reckon while you're out? There should be you know what, there actually should be Like you know how it's got all those settings on your phone like dn D, like you know, sleep, work, all that sort of stuff. There should be one that's like don't text your ex. Well yeah yeah, that drinking mode and it like it filters your messages.
Speaker 1: For you and it would be so good.
Speaker 2: And why hasn't Apple thought of that? Imagine you go, all right, I'm.
Speaker 1: Going because think about it. If you're drunk enough you'll be like, fucking, let's turn this ship off.
Speaker 2: But you have to fully there's a full like step by step.
Speaker 1: You'd probably do it if you're drunk, if you're like, let's go.
Speaker 2: Through the process. Let's go through, but that would be unreal. So it actually warns you or it holds our message till the next day and then you get to send the message, because that's that would be nice if it did that, but if another way would probably just be I don't know, because it's who she's messaging. It's not like she's messaging a single person. She's messaging a bunch of people.
Speaker 1: Look clear, we've all been there, We've all sent drunk text messages, and look, I think it's a way that you deal with it the next day, just laugh it off. And I don't know, Like I think I got to a point where I would send a few drunk text messages here and there. But then you just have to develop that self control where you're like, I don't care what time it is, I don't care if I'm alone, I refuse to text someone and just start building up that self control. Like obviously it's not full proof. Sometimes you know, drunk, yeah, people slip through the cracks and you accidentally send that risk a message. But in general, I think it's just about.
Speaker 2: You know, maybe block people that you don't want to send the messages too.
Speaker 1: Maybe. Look, we can't block everyone, like the ones.
Speaker 2: Where it's really going to fuck your life up, you know, like your ex or your person you're chatting to at the time.
Speaker 1: I guess I remember my ex who I used to drunk text a lot. I literally changed his name on my phone to do not message, and then there was like the big cross, you know, the emoji cross, and then like I had a red flag as well.
Speaker 2: That doesn't always work. My best friend in old roommate, Joseph, he's now dating his boss's daughter. Mao. So you've met them. Yeah, she is still saved in his phone. It's don't be stupid, So that's undrude. Yeah, so he's saved for us, don't be stupid. So when he got drunk to not message her because it's his boss's daughter. Now they're dating, and because I remember I was sitting with him.
Speaker 1: On the now he's about to inherit that company, Yeah.
Speaker 2: He's yeah, So I literally sitting on the pouch and his phone pops up was like, don't be stupid, and I was like, who the fuck's messaging you don't be stupid? And he goes, it's mal.
Speaker 1: That's hilarious that he's kept it. I love that.
Speaker 2: Yeah that might work for some people, but for him it didn't work. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Look, good luck to you. We know how challenging it can be.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Just own them. I just you know what, Just own them, Delete them, cutting out your life. Act like they never happened.
Speaker 1: Either one works, live in fantasy lambs like back here.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's all we've got time for today.
Speaker 1: Make sure you follow our Facebook page. We are keeping you guys up to date with episodes. You guys are getting way more involved in the process, and we are loving seeing our Facebook group expand make sure you follow us on socials that's Where's your head at pod and make sure you give us a five star review on iTunes, on Apple Music, on Spotify, wherever you listen to our show. And thank you for sharing with your friends. Guys. We really appreciate you. We love our growing and expanding family, and until next time, bye, love Hi,