Speaker 1: We got day. Welcome to the podcast. This is a really safe space.
Speaker 2: But not if you're the fiance of the woman who is very disappointed that you've pulled out of the wedding, and we'll take you to court.
Speaker 3: In particularly, if you're a dirty bird and you've cheated a bunch of times, maybe you deserve to get sued.
Speaker 1: Yeah, see what I mean. It's not a safe space that.
Speaker 3: You dirty bird. You heard dirty bird.
Speaker 2: Abby in the newsroom joins us in the studio because every now and then she stumbles across a story hazy that just really resonates.
Speaker 1: And just hits you in all the fields, doesn't it? As it does?
Speaker 4: This story is wild. I was reading it jaw open, just going what the hell? Only obviously can happen in America, because in America you can sue anyone for anything.
Speaker 5: It's right, just a legal system.
Speaker 2: It's like, Okay, someone glanced at you sideways, so them sue them everything.
Speaker 5: So I still got everything.
Speaker 3: She's imagine imagine having in that situation. If you're in America, someone looked at me sideways, as someone gave me resting this fatuby. It was just an armful of lawsuits.
Speaker 5: I would always be in court if that was the case.
Speaker 1: Anyway, for this woman, it's my face, you're on us.
Speaker 5: It's just the way that I am. It's the way that I was made.
Speaker 3: The judges like, ah, I'm saying you. Well.
Speaker 4: A woman has taken her who was meant to be her fiance to court because he she essentially sued him for breach of promise to marry.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: So they've been together, he's brought her this ten thousand dollars ring.
Speaker 5: He's cheated a few times.
Speaker 4: He has, he has turned around. She found it the first time, I'm going to stay. Second time he said, no, you know what, engagements off, get out, blah blah blah. And she thought, you know what, stuff you. I've quit my job to say, look after the kids. I've been looking after you, because obviously he sounds like a man child. And number three she just went, you know what, stuff you? You have stuffed me around and I'm not having this. So off they went to court and she was awarded fifty thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: So she won. She won. Wow.
Speaker 4: So women out there, if he's not proposing or he's being a turd, you see him.
Speaker 1: Also if Kara Hayes is listening this morning.
Speaker 2: There's a real strong legal case for suing if you're married to a man child, So I just need.
Speaker 3: Is it too much to us?
Speaker 2: Does beg the question you've been proposed to a few times as.
Speaker 4: Oh, look three o'clock in the morning out the front of you know, a Heinley Street nightclub.
Speaker 5: But I'll take it.
Speaker 1: I'll take it.
Speaker 2: Would you potentially consider suing someone if they backed out of Like, if you're engaged and they did the wrong thing, would you sue?
Speaker 5: I think it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, probably, I'm saying that I'm an aquarium. So we tend to just pretend that you never existed, Like, yeah, ex boyfriends of mine, I would walk past on the street and be like, I've never seen you for in my life. I just freeze them out. But there are lots of stories out there. When I was sort of having a bit of a research around this story, there's heaps of stories out there where women have sued their boyfriends because it's taken them like they've been together ten years and the boyfriend won't propose.
Speaker 1: Oh, you can't see that. You can't sue for that.
Speaker 5: Ten years of my life? Yeah, where's the ring?
Speaker 3: See that stuff? Also, did you say you live in an aquarium?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm dory.
Speaker 3: You only what if away from a holiday? With what if dot com?
Speaker 1: You could go to the dentist or the kids' sports But.
Speaker 3: What if it was a weekend on the coast?
Speaker 2: Instead tells holiday rental's apartments and more?
Speaker 3: What if it's Ozzie for travel?
Speaker 1: Here's where you're waking up to Adelaide.
Speaker 3: What's news today? Tell you Jade. Sometimes it can be confusing. You wake up and this big, old bright world, she's got so much information just smacks you in the face.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it can be overwhelming when you peruse your phone on the internet and there's so many different apps, and oh my god, we're just gonna make it easy for you dissect.
Speaker 3: Before you that's right. Yeah, we'll bring in news read app. Good on to you apps?
Speaker 5: Good morning? Are we good?
Speaker 3: How are you good?
Speaker 5: Fake kids? Friday? Yay?
Speaker 4: A bit of drama for be going off later. A bit of a drama for Adelaide metro commuters. So we obviously have the change of time for daylight saving on Sunday, but the clocks on more than four hundred buses haven't changed. Now, this has never happened before. They don't know what's going on. They're apologizing, but obviously when people are going to validate their tickets, the time hasn't changed.
Speaker 5: Therefore it's not you know, you get off peak or peak.
Speaker 4: I don't know, haven't caught a bus in a while, but there's off peak, there's peak, and so it's different pricing. Anyway, they've apologize, they're going to look at doing a free day of travel, probably next week.
Speaker 1: At some point.
Speaker 4: Okay, so yeah, if you're catching the bus, you might have to have a chat with the bus driver.
Speaker 1: Maybe can you just get a little refund?
Speaker 5: Well, you would assume. I think they're trying to do that.
Speaker 4: So if you've got Adelaide metro card and your accounts linked, I think they're trying to get in contact with people to give them or to refund them.
Speaker 5: But that would be a process in itself.
Speaker 4: The amount of people that catch public transport, yeah, so goodness me.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The reason you have to change your clocks, even if it's man nearly straight away if you get up early, is the reminder of how good it was the week before. So your first week when daylight saving kicks in and you're driving to work and it's four seventeen. Yeah. When the new time and you look at clock and it says three seventeen, You're like, I should have been in bed still this time last week I was in Yeah.
Speaker 1: But also moralizing.
Speaker 4: Your phone does it on its own, that's fine. Your clock up, your oven clock will ours did it straight away. But back in the day, you know, you left it for like six months until you changed it. My car, I leave, so I just leave the full six months and then it's right in six.
Speaker 3: Months time work itself out of it.
Speaker 5: It could be bothered figuring that out.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: It's honestly, it takes two seconds, I know, but I'm lazy.
Speaker 3: That's one of those things. It always seems to work out, that doesn't he exactly, I'm going to take you to the White House, or should I say? In reference to camera guy Josh the Bite House. Not surprisingly US President Joe Biden's beloved German sheard, but Commander has been removed from the House the Big House a bit more reports that he's bit more staff means and secret Service agents. This dog is out of control, so crazy. So when we spoke about Commander, and as you rightly pointed out commander in chief more like commander with teeth. He had bitten eleven secret agents slash servants. The guys are in fact, I'm I'm not aware of the mechanics of the disease, but I could almost bet you that that dog's got rabies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would have to say, well, it's often at the mouth's.
Speaker 1: Sun can Stephen too.
Speaker 2: Eleven different agents and who knows where they've been, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, and knowing those agents as well, it's probably maybe commanders onto something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there was some white powder found a little while ago. Maybe commander accidentally got to it before anyone else did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean live audio as well from commander there you go see your commanders.
Speaker 2: And I would argue that the eleventh victim would be like, why wasn't it removed after the first victim?
Speaker 1: Why didn't take for them to take some action?
Speaker 3: You've been warned when you buy twelve people, you're out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I just need to apologize for my obsession with the Netflix series that is Beckham.
Speaker 5: You are loving this, aren't you.
Speaker 2: I went to sleep at ten thirty last night, which is outrageous.
Speaker 1: Ten thirty, I just couldn't stop watching him. And it was actually.
Speaker 2: Really revealing because for those who are unaware of the whole soccer sphere, what happened was David Beckham went to a World cut was playing for England, blood rushed to the head, had a moment where he lashed out and kicked someone and got red carded, and so.
Speaker 1: People were like.
Speaker 2: Literally hanging effigies from the street outside of pubs like he was public enemy number one. So a good six months abs he was going to games and he was booed everywhere he went. And English soccer fans are brutal, so he would be on the street and people would get in his face and just shout abuse. And I was absolutely shocked to hear this story. And Victoria Beckham tells it she would go along to games and there was a chant that they would chant about her while David was on the pitch and excuse the language, but it's probably one of the worst things she could say about a wife or a mother, but this is what they were saying.
Speaker 1: I'll let her tell the story.
Speaker 5: Go posh takes it up.
Speaker 3: The excuse my language, not very lady like, but seventy five thousand people singing that.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's embarrassing, it's hurtful.
Speaker 3: I remember sitting down and the lady next to me, she turned to me.
Speaker 5: She didn't know what to say.
Speaker 1: She said, you're in a polo.
Speaker 3: The first part is fine.
Speaker 2: She's actually Victoria is actually very dry and very funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm on board this. I'm gonna watch for sure.
Speaker 2: It's unbelievable. I'm like, you know, I think she'd had children at that station. Imagine taking your kids.
Speaker 1: Along the game and the fans are fans are changing that.
Speaker 2: But what sickened me about this whole thing is all of England turned on him, and then Manchester United started having success and then they went toward he is the Champions League, so then it's effectively England against.
Speaker 1: Europe right European teams, and then.
Speaker 2: They all jump back on board the Beckham trainer. I'm like, you guys were early abuse. Yeah, he got massive depression, like for six months.
Speaker 3: Proper soccer hooligans the next level, the type of situation where you can't have rival supporters in the same pub because they're genuinely try and kill each other. Yeah, so you think it's a big rivalry between the crows. It's nothing to bear that some of stuff happens over there.
Speaker 1: It's it's pretty it's pretty intimidating.
Speaker 2: And I've been to a game over there and it's like it's actually you get what's going to happen here?
Speaker 1: This is like a cauldron? Is it going to explode?
Speaker 3: And then the next the absolute top tier is undraged netble.
Speaker 4: Of course, I wonder what a polo is though, Like I'm thinking what she's giving her a T shirt?
Speaker 2: T shirt I guess to wear them, so maybe she could she could hide incognito.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure as it's every morning. Asked me know my day to Friday when you sh had your coffee six and six thirty? Another little shout coming up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think David got through it. But when he was on the pitch he would just be like, if you want to be my lover? He just sung that to himself over.
Speaker 3: Don't talk, don't talk talk.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Picture is it's twilight Saturday.
Speaker 2: All the girls are at Alberton Oval for the AFL w ort Adelaide about to take the field up against Sydney. We've got all the spread, got all the food, we've got all the drinks. Jody's there just ready for a guitar.
Speaker 3: She's carrying on a bit, to be honest, She's carrying on a little bit because Port's got a nice little lead and she's getting very excited for their second win of the season, getting very vocal. Even the Albaton faithful, who can get very rowdy at times, I can are looking up at the top of the print thinct going who is that?
Speaker 1: Who is that? And calm down?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So if you can picture yourself in that little scene, then you need to give us a call.
Speaker 1: When you hear this song, please appropriate.
Speaker 3: It's just another one of these little girl anthems.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a nice little crew assembled already. So when we play that song thirteen twenty four to ten.
Speaker 2: And we're just going to make an arvo little at the footage, you know, because us girls, we just want to have fun.
Speaker 3: Twilight AFLW game, first time at albert And Oval. New lights are absolutely.
Speaker 2: Schmick Are they rageous? When you spend half your life at Alberton, so you would know, I know.
Speaker 3: And how a lot of studying there.
Speaker 2: How ironic that you spend every second day at Port training and you're not allowed to come on Saturday.
Speaker 3: It's ridiculous. I can't believe I've being blacklisted. It's okay, I'm gonna just turn up anyway, see what happens. Oh, you can see if I get through that.
Speaker 1: I've had a little chit of security deb it that so have I. You probably know them a little bit better than I do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, experience AFOW at Alberton Oval. Don't miss the first Twilight game of the season, Port v. Sidney Saturday, seventh of October. Adult tickets are just ten dollars. Juniors an under eighteen are free. So when you hear this song Cindy Awkward Classic give it's called thirteen twenty four ten for your chance head Greg Mullins and Carly Earl Mullow and Carl's These guys are a young couple that I've spoken of their shock at receiving a parking fine while giving birth. What about that nice and parking expectors? They don't have a great reputation to no, and I think I see outfit.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's because they're sort of half dressed as cops as well, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: What's going on here? And you're actually no, that's a genuine man wearing a Legionaires hat. That's part of work.
Speaker 2: But I also feel for them a little bit because imagine waking up every day going, you know, we get to wake up in this job and hopefully make people feel good. You imagine waking up and going, I'm just going to dispense a bit of misery everywhere I go today.
Speaker 3: Hard, and I've always done the whole So I've always gone. You know what, if you don't want to hate on parking inspectors don't do the wrong thing, true, but sometimes sometimes there are exceptions. So this we'll find one hundred and twenty dollars for exceeding the parking time linu by just twelve minutes after driving to a Sydney hospital for the birth of their daughter, the beautiful Hazel. So the couple contested the fine, thinking that a reasonable excuse is pretty reasonable. For weeks later, they were shocked to find that the fine would not be canceled. Does it say how much it wass Yeah, one hundred and twenty bucks. So and this is where you go. Well, if they can't get out of that fine, don't even bother contesting any other fine. Ever, No, it's been given to you.
Speaker 1: Oh god, that's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: I've walked past the women's and children's the other day and they were parking inspectors out and about is it? And I just I thought there are people in there dealing with sick children.
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Like that?
Speaker 2: Is that the worst place in Adelaide to receive a fine outside a hospital?
Speaker 3: Maybe? But if that's not going to get you out of it, I've still got the go to excuse to get you out of absolutely anything, whether it's a parking fine, whether it's a social situation somewhere where you don't want to be. Are you ready We've spoken about this before. Yeah, three words gastro both.
Speaker 1: Ends and it's got free. This is what I keep picturing though.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine that husband, if he had the absolute audacity to be town the end with the wife going, we've got twelve minutes before we get a fine.
Speaker 1: Potch, Dear Diary.
Speaker 2: A lot of interesting sounds omitted from callers this week.
Speaker 1: We paid Kayla's.
Speaker 2: Phone bill and we couldn't tell if she was happy or completely unhinged. Well, you can consider four hundred and fifty seven dollars and eighty six cents all yours, So if you're laughing or crying at Kayla.
Speaker 3: Getting nervous fire Firey gare fimy speaking of Kayla's our very own sweat.
Speaker 2: Queen is embroiled in a fitness fight, fight fight, and I'm in the battle of my life.
Speaker 1: To say her name.
Speaker 2: It's between Taylor it's anus and.
Speaker 3: So Kayla, it's Ananus. That's just the most offensive way that you could have said. It's Zenus of all time. It's getting out of my hands. To be honest, that's too late for me to dump that. Well, far too late.
Speaker 1: You had seven seconds. Why couldn't you get rid of it?
Speaker 3: I was just in shock.
Speaker 2: We played songs to song, song, song, and I was due for a win. We invited Bev to pitch in and help.
Speaker 3: I'm not getting this all.
Speaker 1: Singing in life, I know it?
Speaker 3: Why not too?
Speaker 2: Ye? Yeahs a song name and.
Speaker 1: You're real helpful, Bev.
Speaker 2: I guess I'll just have to pull off this rare and historic victory all.
Speaker 1: By myself, just after this little hiccup. It is very different.
Speaker 2: Sitting here behind the microwaved microwave, it's already one.
Speaker 1: Sit alright, bring it home now, Joe Ster.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, correct me if I'm wrong, no, no, no, correct me. If I'm wrong. If you say the wrong answer, you're done. You can't then jump.
Speaker 1: In with and you're still wrong. That makes it loll new for me, doesn't Its.
Speaker 2: Diary we also drill down on just how many times a week healthy couples play with their tree frogs.
Speaker 3: So I remember finding a little tree frog in the toilet.
Speaker 1: You, of course grew up on a farm.
Speaker 3: Yes, so there's frogs and all sorts of world and was all over the place, but this particular trade for I'm just remember, God, I need to show that half the show Dad and I remember going in and forcing the door open. Thing. It's so strange that there's.
Speaker 5: A chair blocking it.
Speaker 3: Got my way through and still didn't really understand what was going on. It was a frog because the frog was absolutely shocked out of it. Slash should have heard.
Speaker 7: It was like, incidentally, your dad was showing your mom from was.
Speaker 2: There were some near breakups on the show this week, us with sound guy Todd, who's actually putting this little diary together, after we falsely accused him of pronouncing the name of my Battle of the Banger's song wrong.
Speaker 3: It's a good song, yeah, it's a great tune. I'll give you that much. What I do love as well, because it's our sound guru, Todd, who's just in amongst the best to ever do it. Tod's a bit younger. Yeah, yeah, And I've just got a feeling that Todd doesn't know Jimmy eat Well because he's titled it the Middle by Jimmy Eats World. Peish Jimmy entire world.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Turns out that was producer M's error. Sorry, Todd, you're a unit. Don't kill me.
Speaker 2: While I got mocked for making a very sweet revelation about my husband.
Speaker 1: Listens, my husband's my best friend.
Speaker 3: You know, all.
Speaker 1: Shut up over there.
Speaker 2: Well, Hazy, you simply couldn't marry up the buttons with my voice.
Speaker 3: If you were.
Speaker 1: Born on the eighth of any given month, on.
Speaker 2: The eighth, we didn't really coordinate you fading down the bed.
Speaker 1: If you want to do again, if.
Speaker 2: You were born on the eighth, so do.
Speaker 1: Our girl, Kayla, Kayla.
Speaker 2: It's all the unhinged friends of the show.
Speaker 1: And Hazy's little tree Frog go off this weekend.
Speaker 2: Kings and Queens, Oh My Love Jody.
Speaker 3: Two songs, two opportunities. There'll be one winner, and the opportunity is a chance to start your Friday right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so just have a little thing about what song is going to get you up and about this Friday morning. We're going to play it in around half an hour's time. You just need to jump on the Jody and Hazy Instagram page and.
Speaker 1: Cast your vote.
Speaker 3: Okay for Jodie her selection this week. I mean there's two old school songs only we could say not a fresh shit. They're both throwbacks, but two good songs, I will say that.
Speaker 2: And my song, which is from jim Jimmy Eat World, the sentiment behind it. I googled the meaning. It says, you don't fit in with the cool kids and you don't play their games, but why should you write? So that was the motivation behind this song?
Speaker 3: Oh that was you? Oh no, you're a nerve back and tagging. I knew there was going to be some sort of heartfelt meaning behind this song.
Speaker 1: Don't raise the emotional trauma. That was me not being very popular in New Semina. I turned things around though.
Speaker 3: Yeah this was a gay yeah. I mean, if you used to get wedgies back at school, turn this up. We've all been there. But if you were the person giving the WEDG. Yeah, not the we.
Speaker 1: So you mean the bully.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this song, this is a bully free zame. But what I will say, I be pushing it to all week chokes. My song can't stop from the Red Hot Chili Peppers. I'm pushing a movement in r HCP O N yeah, and of course that is normalized Red Hot Chili Peppers on nov. Okay, we can make this a thing. I don't hate that.
Speaker 1: Do we have a score update? Just some sort of idea about.
Speaker 6: How can you do it?
Speaker 3: I don't know the specific scores, but last time I checked, you had a little bit of a lead by about ten to fifteen votes, okay, which is quite surprising. Can we just bring in news reader Abby just for a second, as if you voted.
Speaker 5: I haven't actually I just thought about that. Then I haven't.
Speaker 3: Yet well abscribed the movement.
Speaker 4: But see, the thing is right because I'm going to annoy one of you by not voting for you. So I have two Instagram accounts. I have my personal one on my business.
Speaker 5: One little burner account. Yeah it's not a burner accounts, it's actually a legit business.
Speaker 4: But I go and use either or or are you go and use both so that you guys can't yell at me and they're like, you betrayed me.
Speaker 5: Yeah right, because I'm smart.
Speaker 3: Yeah, business account, but when you look at it, there's no profile picture and it's just a whole bunch of numbers, and boy, oh boy, is that account hurtsome abuse.
Speaker 4: And messages to people saying hello, I'm interested in buying something from you, but you give me your bank account details first.
Speaker 3: Abbey is a secret Nigerian prince.
Speaker 2: So you haven't voted this Weekend Weekly, not yet, but I'll jump on now.
Speaker 1: Well, abstinence isn't normally your thing, so.
Speaker 4: What is it that's interesting of me? I've just been so busy, guys influencing.
Speaker 3: All right, two options the middle by Jimmy World or can't stop by the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Jump on jode In Hazy, cast your votes. We're going to announce the winner at eight o'clock and coming up very very soon, Joe's I need to tell you about a Golden Retriever who's a very good boy, just set a brand new Guinness World record.
Speaker 2: Good boy, because I see you as like the resident little Team Golden retriever.
Speaker 3: I've tried. I've tried to do what this retriever's done. You, yeah, can't get anywhere near it. Jose, I post a question before, how many tennis balls can you fit in your mouth?
Speaker 1: I wouldn't have thought one, and.
Speaker 3: You came back and said three, which I thought was quite unbelievable. So well done. But that is nothing compared to one of the best Golden retrievers on the planet at Finny Boy Malloy. He's a Golden retriever from New York City. He has the Guinness World Record for most tennis balls in his mouth.
Speaker 5: Oh good boy, Finny good boy, you can fit six in there.
Speaker 3: No, oh, my very goodness, it's outrageous. Six tennis balls in his mouth, so, which is just outrageous. So he became the official world record holder in twenty twenty, but he had to wait all this time to get his paws and a Guinness World Record with his title officially inside the book. That's unbelievab that's amazing. Then that is a skill in itself. So thirteen twenty four to ten. And if it's not your pets, maybe it's you. What's your special skill? Everyone's got something everybody on this planet. I reckon has some sort of skill that you reckon separate you from the herd. Well.
Speaker 1: We'd love to hear from you.
Speaker 2: And we've got a one hundred and fifty dollars Zone bowling voucher to give away. But can you quickly show me a photo f any boy with the tennis balls in? It's him or hurt?
Speaker 3: I think it's a him little hymn. A Look, it's quite amazing, isn't it. You Just you're like, where do those tennis balls go? Maybe there's one or two sort of hiding up the back like real squirrel vibes doesn't need like a mountain.
Speaker 1: You can only physically see four of them, So where are the other two?
Speaker 3: That's a great question. Only finny boy McCoy, it's a true answer to that.
Speaker 1: How is he breathing?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Good points. I don't think he's holding it for hours and hours. But still it's a stunt in itself, and that good boy is officially in the Guinness Book of World Records. I'll kick you off here, Joe. What I can do? I can dislocate my thumb. I can dislocate my thumb and put it back in and that's through years and years of trauma.
Speaker 1: That's disgusting.
Speaker 3: For a good season out of the ponds, stop, I dislocated it early, and instead of going to a doctor and potentially missing five or six weeks, so I would just genuinely ignore the paint. And sometimes I couldn't feel it to the point I'm like, I'm not even sure it's attached to anything.
Speaker 1: Can you stop doing it?
Speaker 3: But now we've got some sort of feeling back and some sort of connection with ligament, et cetera. I can make it go in and out.
Speaker 2: I've got a real finger thing, like you know, you know when people are on the blocks at the Olympics and their fingers end back. I can't watch that. So let alone what you're doing to me right now. Can you cease and desist or I won't work with you anymore if you keep doing it.
Speaker 3: I don't think any like that a threat has ever injured their finger on the starting blocks?
Speaker 2: Well, no, I know, but I don't. I don't like fingers bending back. I've got a real thing about it.
Speaker 3: You don't get nervous about that. I've also got some other schools for you. I can actually do animal impressions, incredible animal impressions. What do you want a dog?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Please already Yep, that's pretty good.
Speaker 2: That's so good, particularly given your mouth didn't I can do a care yez.
Speaker 1: You're amazing.
Speaker 3: What about you?
Speaker 2: So I don't think you know this about me, But when I was a small child, I was a jump rope for Heart Champion.
Speaker 3: So growing up in the heartland of Tasmania, why are we not surprised?
Speaker 2: So we actually went on a jump rope for hart Tour of Tasmania. We went round to all the schools all around the map.
Speaker 3: What signing autographs and take a papa.
Speaker 2: Also know well, my special trick was a front flip into the double Dutch.
Speaker 1: That was my specialty. And we got so good that we're on wind television.
Speaker 2: At one stage on a Saturday morning show, we did a little skipping demonstration. Well yeah, so if you had me a skipping rope right now, I can do up on unders, I can do triple unders, I can do it all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay, there you go. You just know that there's no skipping rope within about three kilometers, So you're say, because if I've pulled out a skipping rope right now and give me one of those front flips into a double dutch whatever it is. Yeah, I'm just not sure.
Speaker 2: I never said I could do a front flip for anymore, but I can definitely do double.
Speaker 1: Dutch, thank you very much. Send a producer over to Rebel Sport.
Speaker 5: I'll do it.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's a really good skill. But those skill stage.
Speaker 1: Oh seven, it's not open shame.
Speaker 3: That's such a shame, isn't it. Yeah, it's okay, we'll make it happen. Remember this, we'll do it again next week. Your special skill what I got?
Speaker 2: Also, I've had four children now, so the pelvic floor ain't what she used to be. So I don't know if handing miss skipping rope is going to be a good thing for anyone involved.
Speaker 3: What separates you from the herd? What's your special skill that maybe you pull out at parties. Maybe you just pull it out to spark a conversation. Maybe you do it to try, and I don't know, attract a lady back in the day never worked the old Guess what I can do. I can dislocate my thumb. Yeah, but still you've got to be in the winter.
Speaker 1: Because that's not attractive to make that right.
Speaker 3: Now, we're talking about Finny Boy malloy. Have a look at him on Instagram. Cheese. He's a handsome young character.
Speaker 1: Yeh.
Speaker 3: He's a Golden Retriever from New York. He has forty seven thousand followers and he's just even though it happened a couple of years ago, officially being inducted into the Guinness World Records for most tennis balls fitted in his mouth with a total of six sall edge, good boy?
Speaker 1: Can you come here, Rubbie Belly?
Speaker 3: So we put it out there on thirty and twenty fourteen. What's your special skill? It separates you from the herd? What's your party trip? Yeah, let's go to Joe. Joe. You come to us from Yorks? Yeah yeah, jeez, God's country, right yeah, beautiful country.
Speaker 1: Okay, Joe, watch you hidden talent?
Speaker 6: Okay, So I can stuck my tongue back on the top of my mouth to make it sound like a champagne bottle going off. All right, here we go, all right, ready, yep, your tongue. A lot of people can't do it.
Speaker 1: No, not really, just one more joke? Can it one more?
Speaker 6: Yep?
Speaker 3: That's good. It's good. Like a mini Brenton Ragless can friend it's cracked another one. He's actually very good at it.
Speaker 1: Matt from Salisbury North, Good morning, Matt, good morning.
Speaker 3: Now are you?
Speaker 1: We're great? Thank you? What's your special talent?
Speaker 3: So I can sort of drop my shoulder out of out of its joint? Yes, that's what we're talking about. Hey, let me let me guess, Matt. The ladies all love it. No, not at all.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you got me out of pea quite a few times.
Speaker 2: Yeah, although, why do you want to get out of pe that's the best subject?
Speaker 1: Yeah? When you when you're young, I guess you want to get out of the subjects you can.
Speaker 5: Get out of.
Speaker 3: You just do what you need to do. I guess, Hey, Matt, how did it come from? Where did you first?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: Did you originally dissccate it really badly? You just never got a proper shoulder reconstruction? What happened?
Speaker 2: Ah?
Speaker 1: I think it's going up. You always just find things you can do, like I can bring my thumb, my thumbs get back.
Speaker 3: We should hell, are you.
Speaker 1: To be able to suck my stomach and so that it's sort of went up and find my.
Speaker 3: Red and you could just see the two abdominal muscles.
Speaker 5: There's lots of funny thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he Matt, you're my guy.
Speaker 1: Matt had a lot of time on his own as a child. Good on you, Matt. Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: We've got a genuine instant connection with Matt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, but I am going to give the Zone bowling voucher to to Joe. That's one hundred and fifty dollars own bowling voucher coming your way, Joe.
Speaker 1: Well done. I think you should celebrate with some champagne.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 6: My birthday tomorrow, Oh, I think I will have a bout of stampagne.
Speaker 3: Go on, please please pop a bottle for us right now.
Speaker 6: Well I'm at work now, so maybe that's not good.
Speaker 2: We didn't mean a physical bottle, Joe. We just meant make the sound, that's.
Speaker 6: All we Yeah, you are right. Here we go the.
Speaker 3: Bangers. Yeah, nothing divides two people more than a genuine competition and fight for supremacy for Battle of the.
Speaker 1: Bangers, two songs going head to head.
Speaker 2: We get you to jump on the Jody and Hazy Instagram page and vote Kamaga.
Speaker 1: Josh joins us in the studio.
Speaker 2: Good morning, guys morning two very excellent songs as well.
Speaker 3: I don't think anyone can be upset. Credit where credits to? I mean, I'm happy if other song wins, to be honest with you, Yeah, and really do I say that because what burns my soul even more is when I lose Battle of the Bangers. But it's a putrid song that Jody's selected. But then the other flip side of that is that the people have voted for it. So I don't want to offend Jody and everyone else. So usually I just keep my mouth shut, but this time I spoke, and it's too late for me to dump what I just said. So here we are. Oh you better hope you win. Why don't you just stop talking, champion while you're so far behind?
Speaker 1: Oh god, myself, you just champed yourself.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, That's where I'm at, all right? Hey, do you want to hit that drum roll with the middle?
Speaker 7: That song?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, it's never been done? Is everyone sick?
Speaker 1: What's happening to?
Speaker 3: The double congratulation shows? But credit work, credits tree, absolutely outstanding song.
Speaker 2: Turn that up to the highest volume that you have please the winner.
Speaker 3: This week's Battle of the banger. Is that Jimmy eat World the middle A little done? You tell me you've got the time? Magine's on this daisy. You have nothing to see here, nothing to see all? Hang on. Second, it's Friday.
Speaker 1: Let's done.
Speaker 3: If you've had a week that was last season, get over it? Hey Today ac coincidentally is World Smile Day.
Speaker 1: Oh that's nice.
Speaker 3: Each and every year sixth of October we get right in then amongst it, so turn that frown upside down. Two thousand and one, Starbucks open its first store in Melbourne. There was their first Aussie store, So Starbucks, obviously in an absolute institution in America, of course, is anyone genuinely craving Starbucks kids.
Speaker 1: That's how parents get sucked in.
Speaker 2: It's the kids because they do all these like drinks with cream and flavoring and everything that sucked the kids in. And then poor old mums like I just want a skinny cappuchinnel. I don't want to have to wait for half an hour to make a frappuccino.
Speaker 3: Frappucino. I don't think I've ever ordered or consumed anything with frappolding in it from a coffee place.
Speaker 1: Hope not and I hope you never do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, me too. Twenty ten, Instagram launched in the US via the App Store. You thought, oh, this has got potential.
Speaker 1: See where they go?
Speaker 3: That's coming quite on, hasn't it just a little startup? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Like I see how long they last?
Speaker 3: I remember at the time being like, what's just about it? Just photos? Who cares? What's the point?
Speaker 2: Next minute, millions of people around the world are lining up for the latest iPhone whatever.
Speaker 3: Exactly thirteen years later, I've devoted maybe years of my life just scrolling my screen by Instagram. Two thousand and three, Al Schwartzen there became the governor of California. Yeah he did. He's doing a great job to just governing things.
Speaker 1: Is he still? Is he still a governor?
Speaker 3: I think so?
Speaker 2: Is not?
Speaker 3: He's not great job that really led the Promised Land into a good direction. Yeah. A number one song on October six, two thousand and eight, Womanizer by Britney.
Speaker 2: Spears manasm womannasm woman Manasa.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's just link that back to Instagram and right now, Britney Spears and her work on Instagram is just awful.
Speaker 2: And she's the reason why you've been attached to your.
Speaker 1: I phone from the last two years just watching.
Speaker 3: Actually quite the opposite. She's the reason I'm on a social media bank because my eyes are bleeding. What about you just chelling a few of your little Lessian vites? Yeah, I am.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you rub off on me, unfortunately, But Eddie maguire has become involved in a slanging match with Extra Long star Jimmy Bartel over a song choice at the mcg during the Grand Final. Okay, so this is what happens at the Gabba. Every time Charlie Cameron kicks a goal. There is a particular song that blares through the speakers and it gets everyone up and about s.
Speaker 3: And the gabbage goes off its face. Yeah, like Charlie's kicking another one. We're rapping about we'll play in a Grand Final this year. You just watch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And so they did play in a Grand Final and they decided to play that song at the start of the second quarter and what happens. Charlie kicks a couple bang bang bang. Next minute, Eddie's like, oh, the should be playing that song. So he got into it with Jimmy Bartel over the song choice at the g Take a listen.
Speaker 3: Hitty maguire sticking up for Colin Weird what why are you doing it? Are you kidding? Why would you? Boot Road would be the equivalent of playing good old Collingwood forever. No, it's no mate, you are kidding. You saw what happened. We're on top, they're flat.
Speaker 5: You ayn't worried that. You think the seconds the ball?
Speaker 3: Who's the song for? You've got to appreciate his enthusiasm passion.
Speaker 2: He was right though, because next minute Charlie's up about kicks a couple and Brisbane are right in.
Speaker 3: It, absolutely on board for a little unlikely Grand Final victory.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it just begs the question.
Speaker 2: On thirteen twenty four to ten, give score or get involved in the text line O full double O nine one nine nine one nine.
Speaker 1: If if you.
Speaker 2: Were fortunate enough to kick a goal in a Grand Final at the MCG, what song do you want to follow that?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Because the big fellow Joe Danaher, he channel's a bit of frozen, doesn't he?
Speaker 5: Let it go from a thro So the Gabba goes off to that song.
Speaker 4: Can I just say I've been to a few games and let it Go comes on and you get up and you sing your little lights out. Yeah right, except for all the parents who just want to you know, there are a few going hands in heads? Why why?
Speaker 3: But escape? Yeah? What do you going with? What do you got? Well, there's you kick your unlikely goal from the full back.
Speaker 2: There's an earworm song that I just could not get out of my head yesterday, and I just think it would get the crowd really up and about.
Speaker 3: Way to ruin the vibe, way to soften up the contest. What's going on? That's your theme song?
Speaker 1: Goodness me, we all know what yours is? Yeah, you go to every single time.
Speaker 3: It's easy, isn't it. He's kicked a goal from seventy two. However, it's like it's happened for the first time. He's kicked the goal and for the first time, Hinda's got a spin double nine nine nine or nine? What song would you celebrate? We'll go kicking a goal to what this from Laura Golf? You hot? She said, I love that song from end or okay, see just to get the guys up in the bat. Yeah, as everyone trots back to their positions, like I think I hear the post, but it doesn't matter. They're not going to review it. We spoke about Commander as well, Command of the Dog who's in the White House or as we call it now the Bite House, who has now officially been evicted after biting twelve people. So we actually texted through as well, did he Yeah, he said this would be my song another one.
Speaker 2: Command and also like how commander is texting with those paws on an iPhone.
Speaker 3: Good work, out rageous stuff.
Speaker 1: Maybe he's doing voice to text.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe watch this spat all right if you've got one textas throw boy for double nine one nine nine one nine June.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've been playing girl anthems all week and that was another one that was your queue de call to come along and see experience the afl W at Alberton Oval this Saturday, so Port Adelaide taking on Sydney. We're going to take your VIP stuff, food drinks all on me. Naomi from Cheltenham. Are you keen to come? I sure and thank you? How good first twilight match for the afl W is going to be amazing, Naomi?
Speaker 6: Exactly?
Speaker 2: And you know what, how good because I rang as sooner the film came on, and then I always get this engaged signal and then regrets.
Speaker 6: You know that you could get through.
Speaker 3: And then I got through again, so very I'm feeling very lucky. How good Zap for Friday?
Speaker 6: Just work, doesn't exactly.
Speaker 1: I'll write a strongly worded letter to optus for you as well.
Speaker 3: Naomi, thank you, thank you. And I think it's just ten dollars. Juniors under eighteen are free. But you guys are going to have a hell of a time. Joe, it's well done.
Speaker 2: Wait, yeah, it's going to be so much fun. Girls afternoon out out to the footy. Hey, we do birthday Payday every.
Speaker 1: Morning at eight o'clock.
Speaker 2: All you have to do to participate is have a birthday and that's exactly what Chelsea did.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, what a monumental day for us.
Speaker 1: We are going to Chelsea from Salisbury Downs.
Speaker 6: Hi, how are you good?
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 2: Confirmed that you were in fact born on the seventeenth.
Speaker 3: Yes, I was, guys happening, go and stuff this up, Jos, Okay, choose the right mask please.
Speaker 1: Job we'll see. Were you born on the seventeenth of October?
Speaker 3: Yes, it's just fun. Oh my gosh, it just happens so frequently.
Speaker 1: What a week it's been. Andrew Hayes a big weekend, phenomenal.
Speaker 3: We've had a lot of fun alrights have a fantastic weekend and go off and go poor at the afl W