Speaker 1: This is a nice surprise, isn't it.
Speaker 2: It is? Look, Trisha's away in China. I think we alluded to that last week.
Speaker 1: We just addressed that. I actually realized. Someone came up to me last night and said, oh, yeah, how's Trish going? Where's Trisha? And I said she's in China, and they said, what you're doing in China? I actually got no idea. I realized last night. I have no idea what Trish is in China. Let me just leave that.
Speaker 2: I think that's probably for the best. I think it is, too, do you know what I mean? Well, she's this, and I think she's buying furniture for the house.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Why furniture in China is better.
Speaker 3: I think she must be. I think there's like an app or something like that. I think it's in a Chinese exclusive app. I think she's been seeing someone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, Okay.
Speaker 2: So we've got obviously no Trish, and we wanted a female perspective on and we've been asking Jim to do this jump in sometimes Jack's partner, Jack's spouse, and she refuses it. So we've got the next man up, next woman up. Sorry, she's a wonderful lady. She's beautiful, She's my whate bodacious?
Speaker 3: Is that like, you know, like I'm going to google that just to try and.
Speaker 1: Hope.
Speaker 2: She's my sweetie pie, She's my sugar plum, Poppy Rainbow Bolts. You are welcome to the podcast. It's very.
Speaker 3: Ready. You know I need to say you, Matthew. Bodacious is an informal adjective meaning remarkable, out and out or impressively attractive.
Speaker 1: Just leave the attractive off the end because that sounds wrong, but yes, you are a remarkable that now. Absolutely you're bodacious in a certain way.
Speaker 2: That's got to that's that's your track record of saying that about our partners, that they're both.
Speaker 1: Please ignore everything he's going to say, Poppy. May I just congratulate you with your performance on the weekend. You play n aflfil W for g W West. A lot of letters there, a lot of letters. My big upset knocked over the West Coast Eagles and may I say you are a machine?
Speaker 4: She is? It felt good. A lot of tension between us and that team and they made finals last year and were the girls only won two games. G W S.
Speaker 2: You just not to be controlling. Push that mic in a little bit closer to the Okay.
Speaker 3: That's so toxic.
Speaker 1: Have the some of your now probably plays in defense. People have to play mate. You must have saved their are about father six times?
Speaker 4: Oh thank you. No, I think it's a team effort.
Speaker 1: It wasn't just me, just take honestly.
Speaker 2: You look, we don't talk about a fl on this podcast. So like when Dad says that because Dad, you don't you don't watch my ChFL but you recorded it.
Speaker 1: I recorded the game that was so nice, and got home from the show. I saw your family friends in the audience and I said, how hou's Poppy going? And they're about to give me the scores? And don't give me the scorores. Don't spoiler alert me.
Speaker 3: But she did.
Speaker 2: You did very well, honey, congratulations great, great use.
Speaker 3: There to Matthew of the term spoiler alert. Don't spoiler alert spoiler.
Speaker 2: I let me, guys, you have a so look they're waiting for you to.
Speaker 1: My phone just dings there, just on Titan's duty. There what I've done for you here, Poppy, of just a list of things that we require you to do if you want to fill the seed of Trish okay number one and guys, you back me up here. Think if I've got this accurate, please talk over us, please please, I mean, particularly if it's Jack. He loves that he's about to come in with something. He'll be quite for a while to go and the moment of to come in just talk.
Speaker 2: It is always it always happens to be Jack, because Jack's always like, yeah, he's made a few words and then he finally is about to oh, I got something to say. Here goes to say something and Trish just boom cut him.
Speaker 3: Also the furthest away.
Speaker 1: When Jack comes back at you okay and says what you know, basically what we want you to do there is withdraw and just sit there passively aggressive, just sort of just stewing, you know what I mean. That's very good.
Speaker 2: Angry, go silent.
Speaker 1: And then when we'll do finally we'll have one more sort of shot and like, come on, what are you doing there? She'll actually storm out storm back in with a joke that is not only not funny, but she actually bursts into laughter as she's delivering the punchline, which is inaudible. So if you can do those.
Speaker 4: Things, be really much appreciated, can you?
Speaker 2: Because we just spoke about you playing for g WSLAM because it was your club debut, not your debut in the afl W. But I can you tell so that she's met Joey, she's met the great Andrew Andrew John's. We took her over there to see Joey in the family not long ago, and Joey's he scrolls on Instagram a lot, so he's obviously scene. Oh, Poppy's having a club debut this week, and he sent you a message, can you?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What did he read out? What the message was? Now, I don't know whether he'd had.
Speaker 4: A few It was a Wednesday night as well, it.
Speaker 2: Was Wednesday night. I don't know whether he had a few drinks or something.
Speaker 4: He said he was very tight, Yeah apparently.
Speaker 2: But he like had a little bit of a like costly spell error which which just made a little bit uncomfortable.
Speaker 4: Stuper uncomfortable. Wednesday at nine pm, he said, good luck on your debut, Poopy every minute of it. Thanks, Joey, appreciate it. Poopy better not be a new nickname. Ha ha ha ha. Didn't have my glasses on. What an idiot. Then he goes to proceed to comment on your Instagram.
Speaker 2: To call it poopy. Call it poopy again.
Speaker 4: I've got bullied in primary school for that.
Speaker 1: Let him think that now, poopy.
Speaker 4: So you're born in cans No, I was born in England.
Speaker 1: Oh, you're born in newcastleupon Time. Yes, so your Jordie and your mom and dad both are Olympians.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they were both Olympians. Dad represented Switzerland and mum represented Great Britain.
Speaker 1: How good.
Speaker 3: Thanks for keeping on theme there too with your outfit, Matthew.
Speaker 1: H Well, that's the reason why I've come dressed in black and white as a support for you, Jordie like I was. Is that with the Jeordi colors, there's Newcastle pon Time colors. Yes. So what I've done for you, Pooby, I've done the top five Jordie's, my favorite five Jeordie's of all time. Now you be on that list now. But I've just didn't you know, I didn't put you on the just strike number one, the late Kevin Keegan man and we rang your mum. You guys didn't know who Kevin Keegan was. And I told you to ring your mum and say ken because I know I.
Speaker 2: Was my hero yeah, Kevin Keegan, who do you played for? Soccer player, played.
Speaker 1: For played for Liverpool, played for Hamburg and.
Speaker 2: Newcastle and dad. When you found out, when you found out Poppy was a Jeordie, you went, oh pretty sad news through the okay, and she goes, oh what Kevin Keegan? She goes, who the hell?
Speaker 3: Vin?
Speaker 1: Nonetheless number two, one of my favorite singers of all time. What a voice. Paul Young? You know Paul Young is yeah, you know, you don't, you don't, Okay, living in the love of the common people, wherever I lay my hat all those uh. Number three, Bobby Charlton, This is tye Jimmy Bobby Charlton. Of course he was soo posby Bodes. Yeah, legendary Manchester United player and England player. And uh and Jimmy Nale as well. Jimmy Nal, it's ty Jimmy Nale was an actor and he also had a one hit, one hit wonder. I don't want nobody else.
Speaker 2: She's laying no, no, you really like showing your age? Is snooky snooky from Jordy Short. Sure, yeah, she's up there.
Speaker 3: Jordie Smith Jeordie Smith.
Speaker 1: Never heard never Uh. Number number four I've gone Brian Johnson. They said, Brian Johnson. Yeah he was. Actually he's not only from Newcastle. He played in a band called Jeordie.
Speaker 2: Isn't Brian Johnson Scottish?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, he's from Newcastle, which sits right on the Scottish I.
Speaker 3: Think Bond Scott might have had Scottish ancestry.
Speaker 1: Bond Scott had Scottish ancestry, as did the Youngs. And my number one is the Great Gazer Paul Gas going. You know gazer is don't.
Speaker 4: You Gaza Gaza?
Speaker 2: Yeah, speaking Gary, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you're basically all my favorite Jeordi's you've never heard of before?
Speaker 2: You know, Kevin Keegan now of course, yeah, my mum should be on there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course your mum's on the list as well. I just dropped that one.
Speaker 2: The hey do you want to? Should we tell them?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: Because people always message me, how'd you guys meet? You got any sort of because you guys don't know this, but Poppy somewhat played hard to get with me for a very long, very very long time.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 2: Some some are still playing hard to get. It's been eight years. You know who you are and straining white van again. But yeah, you left me on. Can you give the people reasoning behind sort of? Was it a you thought I was like a Derrek or you didn't want to sort of speak.
Speaker 4: To me, or you just just wasn't that interested.
Speaker 2: At the start? Oh that's hurtful.
Speaker 4: To be fair, You're only message in me. You were replying to like everything on Instagram like it was a bit much. That's a bit much everything everything, butto of the sunrise. This reminds me of you.
Speaker 1: You really, you are a gift from the embarrassment Gods. Okay, this sun rose reminds me of you. That is just brilliant. Please, Poppy, may I have one more?
Speaker 4: What else was? There was a few like things and.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, bit of I remember you were at the racers one day and I was like, you want a horse tip or something? And it last.
Speaker 1: It took a photo of a horse that this reminds me so much of you.
Speaker 2: I did say that, Remember I said that to you? I think remember I said you had what did I say horse teeth? Was it?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yes, you did say I have horse teeth.
Speaker 2: Jesus Christ, Well, I think a horse has like they got nice teeth, you know what they're like apart from like as they get older they go a bit just colored than that.
Speaker 1: But John Ray Hadley tooth, Yeah, they got night like. They're perfectly like, they're thick and they're nice. Not the people like the teeth.
Speaker 4: I could be wrong, but horses fun fact, horses teeth don't stop growing, but they just continue to grind against each other. That's why they.
Speaker 3: Think.
Speaker 2: It's like when an immovable force meets a object something like that, and immovable force meets an immovable unstoppable force meets immovable object. So it's like they're growing, but they're grinding at the same rate, so it's just consistently stays at the same grinding away grind. You got that right, brow.
Speaker 3: Was anything poppy that surprised you about Cooper? Once you peel back those onion layers.
Speaker 2: Look, I don't care, you can be honest.
Speaker 4: No, Once I met you then it was sweet. I have to have that initial meeting.
Speaker 2: I remember she sent me a message like she left me sort of one because we were going to go on a date, and then she sort of brushed me and then she said she said too tired or something, and then sort of said, and then she was like, oh, you know, I don't think I'm ready for this, Like I feel like you seem like a great guy and we'll probably get along too well, and I don't think I'm ready for that. That sounds like the greatest And then I said, and then I said to her, what is I think I was drunk, so I went, that has to be the stupidest reason I've ever heard to not meet someone, the fact that you're going to along with them too well. I think she I think she sat it up for a few days and she kind of went, you know what, he's actually not wrong. And that's how I for all the people out of that's how I manipulated her.
Speaker 1: Well, can I just say something now? I think that is totally viable, Pobby, because you could be in a situation you go, you know what, I just don't need love in my life at the moment, and I'm afraid I'll get too I'll get on too old with that person and I don't need that my life.
Speaker 3: Is that accurate? Yeah? That was Cooper, like the how your mother I remember on that there used to be a there was a saying that Barney would say, awesome, can't get together with awesome because the awesomes will cancel each other out.
Speaker 2: Correct. Yeah, that's why I stat off for popping.
Speaker 1: Some stories over the course of the weekend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you made a wedding.
Speaker 1: We had a wedding. Yeah, across the road domin Olane's wedding. Of course, our Scogomilio family love going to the Italian weddings. You do an Italian wedding, sick, it's awesome?
Speaker 2: Was it a hunter valley?
Speaker 1: Had an hunt of valley in my neck of the woods. So up there were some of my favorite people in my favorite place. And it was unusual because Dom is he's a quantum physicist. Dom's a legitimate genius.
Speaker 2: And the only thing I was saying, what does that job lead to quantum physicists? Do you even? Was that even?
Speaker 1: Do we know? Maybe going to send the things to space? I've actually got.
Speaker 2: What are you throwing them? Throwing a dart?
Speaker 1: Throwing a dart at your field?
Speaker 3: He also goes quite hart at the Indian Indian cricket fans on Reddit.
Speaker 2: I believe as well he does. Oh yeah, because he's an avid cricket like so he I think whenever they get beaten the cricket dom like, and he's a quantum physicist. Yeah, but he's yeah, he goes pretty. He fights the cause for the Australian cricket does against all the haters.
Speaker 1: Yes, he's been busy of late with after Bangladesh booters. But he's MC was an astrophysicist, which is another level again. So at most weddings you get to you get the MC. He goes up and it says things like Kouba di have just gone, oh yeah, I have a look at the ground mate to you. There's a good story about the room you shit himself once where the physicist was getting okay there like a sweating starting gainst. Okay, guys right out there. So there's two molecules right now one just go sit there. What the fuck?
Speaker 2: He's too smart for his own good. Yes, you can't have as smart. That's that's what's the beauty of a comedian. Because they're a lot of comedians I reckon. They're really they're really smart, but they're great at like you gotta dumb it down so it's generic enough where everyone understands it because you can't be too smart, and then no one understands the joke. It's not a good joke if you have to explain it everyone.
Speaker 1: I listened to an interesting podcast yesterday with our men Rob Schneider, and he was talking about comedy.
Speaker 2: You know who Rob Schneider, is you ever seen Oh? She hasn't seen any you know, like The water Boy and the guy goes you can do it.
Speaker 4: Look, I haven't watched that many movies. Yeah, I just don't have the time.
Speaker 3: What's the one where he changes the body with the girl? What's the one?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the sweet Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: What is that? It's like a Freaky Friday?
Speaker 3: Is it's a Freaky Friday? It's like that though, It's like it's the same sort of theme he.
Speaker 1: Was in there. He was big male jiggler, just big.
Speaker 3: The sequel Bench warmans Benforman's Gus Bus.
Speaker 2: Have you seen Stan Stand when he's he goes to jail big still yeah, and he like yeah, he learns like karate and then the wife actually ends up. Remember he gets out of jil and the wife's sleeping with the karate instructure. Tom Brady, Hey Brady, Tom, because that's Tom Brady's wife slept with the jiu jitsu or karate instructor. Yeah, just make sure I don't know what you know these days.
Speaker 3: A little deep Tom, a little deep cut for you. There too, was that the it was the Hot Chick, but movie hot Chick. He's the guy, and then the guy that actually plays that martial arts expert is the from the Kill Bill franchise.
Speaker 2: Bill is that Billy? That's Bill.
Speaker 1: He's talks about the critics how much the critics hate his movies, and he said that critic. One critic wrote something recently and went, when when Rob Snyder appears on the movie screen, you were looking at everything except Rob night. Oh really, he said, Yeah.
Speaker 2: What was the thing you were going to say about.
Speaker 1: He was talking about? He was just talking about punchlines and stuff like that, and how you times you're gonna look at the audience and judge and adjust things on the run, like you were saying about comedians really really funny, but sometimes going to dumb it down. Then I'll probably get into other audiences and go, oh okay, got to lift it up a little bit here. Yeah, having the barometer.
Speaker 2: It's a hard git. It's a hard job, I okon comedians to be like, in terms of getting scared, I reckon, it'd be the equivalent of almost like different, but the feeling before going into like a boxing ring in terms of nerves, because it's just you up there. You know, team sports different a team sport, like there's enough people around you where like you can kind of your nervousness can hide in amongst other people. But like boxing, I imagine you're sitting in there before a boxing ring, or you're sitting in the locker room or the backstage about to get out for stand up comedy, give me shit yourself.
Speaker 1: Well, they see him, they pump themselves up and have a rider at the back. Will the same with it? Like music, it's a performance. Jerry Seinfeld tells tells a joke, but it's true fact. They said, mate, they did. They surveyed a thousand people and said what are you most scared of? And they number two was death? I guess what. Number one was?
Speaker 2: Embarrassment?
Speaker 1: Public speaking, that's my public speaking was number one? Number two was death?
Speaker 3: Didn't I didn't? You know? What made me think? That was our uncle John. We've spoken about Uncle John pop you ever met him before. He's Trish's brother. He loves a bit of a yarn and loves a very obscure yarn. But then we got him. He didn't. He got up there to do his speech for his door, his wedding, and then I didn't realize how much he didn't want everyone at the same time to listen to him talk because he can talk, but public speaking.
Speaker 1: Horrific for a bloke who honestly can just talk the years off you. I can talk to the years off every person in the room, so long as it's one on one. As when he spoke to the collective audience, it was just it was just awful to watch.
Speaker 2: And he's like a pathological liar, so he is like well, I wouldn't say that he hates to him me tell it, but like like he'll anything. He's also a massive one upper. So if you're like I was out surfing today, you go, how big was it? And you go it was pretty big, Like it was like eight foot, and he goes, I was out yesterday twelve foot or remember, like he what was the.
Speaker 3: Favorite the most wedding of the most recent family wedding we had. I filmed him on my phone from underneath and he was like just out of nowhere. I know this is going to be good, so I'll film it. And he started talking about how his blood type is the most rarest blood type in the world and that he is like one of the he's like one of the rarest people in the world that are like he'll be sent to like around the world for people to drain his blood and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: Is it real?
Speaker 2: No, I can't be real.
Speaker 1: I don't think it is real.
Speaker 2: And what's tell Poppy of the arm that you love?
Speaker 1: So Trish and I we drove. He lives up on the Gold Coast in the Ring, So we drove up there to see Rick Carly and uncle John. So he arrived up there and John met us at the car and go said, well, it must have been not long. Artitrition, I'm going out. We're just married. Anyway, she goes. He goes, oh, mate, it was a trip. But I said, oh, it was really good. It's good Johnny, it was good, good trip. Actually, he goes, how long it takes? I said, actually, pretty good drive. I said, it took us like about ten and a half hours. What And I said ten and a half hours. You're joking, right, he has made I can do it in like three hours. And I went what he goes there, I've done it, and then once he does his doubling down, I made I've done it before, like three and a half hours, and I went John, to be doing it in like three and a half hours, you'd have to be doing like two hundred and fifty k's an hour. Yeah, just back And anyway, one of the other one of the other uncles was there with the boys uncles, and he was like, I took like over two hundred k's and now John, what about like yes, speed cameras. And John was stuck on that and goes I thought for a second and goes, oh, yeah, I've been done a couple of times. And then but what I do. I just do a U turn, go back and like smash it, smash it to bits, and the other uncle over Martin goes, all right, it's funny. I'd always thought that, you know, they build those things a little bit more robust.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And also, like such a flaw in his argument. If a speed camera catches you, it's not like a mailbox, like you can't go back and destroy it and then there's no.
Speaker 4: Evidence of it.
Speaker 2: It's like a it's like an email, like they've got the data already. There's no point going back and destroying it. True the I went down to Melbourne during the week and I got a rule. I've never really been on Melbourne transport, like back in the day when I did one semester of union when I was first signed at the Storm, and I.
Speaker 1: Had forgot that Melbourne University student Cooper johns RMOT.
Speaker 2: I went to RMOT and I did marketing. But it was like a month and I paid the girl who I sat next in the class. I paid her to do our partner assignment. But then it dropped out and just deferred because they mate. Yeah, you get like an educational allowance, you have to do something. Anyway, I hadn't been on a tram since and I was down having dinner with Wishy and Harry, and Harry goes, you know, it'd be cool if we got the tram to dinner for once, like we got the tram in Well live a little but mate, tram is that sad? Like No, we thought it'd be like a fun experience, but you know, sometimes you get on the bus and like it's a bit of fun because you can talk in that well. The tram's so tight and everyone's like you're standing everyone shoulders shoulder, so you can't even speak. Otherwise everyone hears your conversation. And on top of that, you know it's ship because you tap with your card and then you got to tap off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you forget easily.
Speaker 2: And because I was doing a pay ida on my phone, I used one card to tap on and then I used another card to tap off, so I got double charted.
Speaker 1: Oh so what I'm saying, what a story?
Speaker 4: I was shocked to see you on that on the tram? What do you normally call it?
Speaker 2: The loser Cruiser? That's just all public transports to me.
Speaker 1: I love the Loser Cruiser, the bus going in, I love train travel. I'm sick for train travel. Actually, as people are listening to this, Jack and I may be heading up. Well, I'm definitely going up. I'm trying to get Jack into it. He's got a few things on up to Old Boys Day Newcastle versus me. It's this week Saturday Tomorrow, three pm at at the Old Marathon Stadium, Hunters Stadium.
Speaker 3: It's McDonald Jones.
Speaker 1: Apologies to a few iterations, and we get we're looking to get the Loser Cruiser up there. Well, the train up there. Oh, you're going to train it up, mate, pulls up right at the stadium.
Speaker 2: How far? Oh you're gonna get on the day? Yeah, like your list go and then back on the day we're going.
Speaker 1: To Trisha's going to get us a high car back. Mate, she's going to book someone or I know someone's going to drive back about nine o'clock, so we'll probably hit you right there. I think Uncle Joey is going to come with us.
Speaker 2: I said, yeah, I think Joey was half I think he's keen. If you guys are kain. I saw him the other day and his sound I'm calling that game actually on Saturday.
Speaker 1: Are you going to be up there?
Speaker 2: Na in the studio?
Speaker 1: What are you ask? Can you go up there?
Speaker 2: Well, because we're doing it out of the studio, I think they all just so yeah, But then like it's if they're in the studio, what's the point of crossing, you know, two hours amongst the airwaves just across to me.
Speaker 1: What do you What do your friends think of Cooper Poppy?
Speaker 4: Yeah, most of them. No, they all love you, Like, no one said anything bad to me about him, which is good.
Speaker 3: In front of it, in front in front of.
Speaker 2: Me, and I can I ask, because, like I said, last week, had a bit of a feud with the afl like just going at it quite a bit. You're obviously an afl W player. Were people saying shit at training trying to talk shit about me in that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got a bit of hate at training that week because you come into can I say that, come to the club to train and then yeah, people like what the fo's he doing? Sort of thing? But I just told him he doesn't hate the afl W.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, it's okay, yeah, not a member though.
Speaker 1: It's you know, I probably I'm not an afl man, but a tear what now I'm an afl W. I'm into it, I'm digging it. I'm like, mate, I tear what just quickly a couple of your slaves, as I said, the the one that was bouncing on the ground, You went in there, just knocked it out and someone was lazy on a second effort and they kicked it anyway. Yeah, So disappointed, text Cooper and she's a beast, she did, Brandon.
Speaker 2: So the cheese come out and Cheese didn't know what to expect, but he was keen to come out and see it. Brandon was just foaming, like frothing. It wants to go to every game. And he goes, there was a girl one of your teammates, Tarny Evans shout out to her. Then she lives on the Northern Beaches actually, but she waved it us as we're walking in and Brandon goes, oh, who's that girl? I said, I want to pop. His teammates kicked three goals out there, and then we went in the sheds after the game and and we were like, Brandon was like, there she is. There's years yeahto and she was like, He goes, all, do you want if I get a photo? And she was like, of course you're the cheese because I'm having to get a photo of the cheese.
Speaker 1: Just a quick question, Pop, because I watched your once you got the ball beat a couple of people of the bounce, A nice little disposal you did there. It was in the first half, gotten a couple of people. I thought before I've often watched the A f l and I tear. Something that's not done enough is the fact like okay, you guys drop part over the top of people or hand passed. What about like you know what I'm going to present something to you go actually get to drop part and all of a sudden just grab a ball around for yourself, bend the ball around yeah yeah to a teammate and then all yourself.
Speaker 4: There's a few people in the Mens do that, but not many people do it to themselves. A little chip and Chase.
Speaker 2: Chip and Chase. Yeah, well the old Jason Taylor back and they just chip. Over do that, because what do they do? And what do I say to you all the time?
Speaker 4: Over commit over what defenders?
Speaker 1: You actually said?
Speaker 2: They always know, they always over commit. They actually you know, like a bloke on fifth tackle of the league, kick pressure and they go to charge it down. Yeah, that's what all the athol people. So you can actually fake it hit him with the old I try or hit him with a little goosey or right foot, and I always trying to the committ and and Poppy says, if I did a goosey, everyone would laugh at.
Speaker 4: Me unless I put it off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but like we'll have to get practice.
Speaker 1: No one does it. It's amazing we're going to learn things from both games. I mean, if you look at the n r L, everyone used to talk. Everyone used to talk talk. You guys called it talk. They call it barrel You everyone wished to always taught barrel kick. You know, we work out different techniques how to barrel kick and whatnot. Where all of a sudden the Melbourne storm come in. Suddenly in vogue was the drop hunt. Because of the Melbourne storm, we're getting a fol players in there teaching about to drop hunt.
Speaker 4: Is that I don't know much rugby talk, but is that to get the ball really high for them just to.
Speaker 2: Be just to be real like precise, like with your kick, because it's easier a drop like a normal So you would.
Speaker 4: Talk to then try to get the wingers mark the ball and downfield.
Speaker 1: If you're going for a long distance kick, hit it long. Nowadays, the talk is the barrels still used, but it's used to put a bomb up because what happens probably when the ball comes down. If you traditional drop punt for a high kick, the ball stays constant, it's sort of like consistent coming down. But if you barrel and it goes in the air, what happens is the ball, the whole ball is exposed to the conditions and will come down. It swings all over the place. Yeah, but the NFL did that Yeah. Well, here's the thing with the NFL. They're used to those guys at the back who catch the barrels, right, They're used to the barrels when first of all, when AFL players started going down there with punts, they would dropped punting and they never caught a ball that was being drop punt before.
Speaker 2: Remember remember when like Jared Haynes went over there, and it was because he's used to playing fullback all the kicks. It was just so easy for him to catch it on punt return. It was like it was just because it's just the flight of the ball is used to.
Speaker 1: Yep, that's right. Probably like the other night when I was forced you to watch my grand File in ninety seven, did just see you know the bit we're talking about when I did that sort of little hook kick at the end there something similar to that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, remember that. Dad always Dad loves having you in the house as a new audience because you're always like the same story, like even some of the stories he's told you today our podcast listeners and will get in and going Madam you've told that one hundred times. But if it's for one new listener, one new person, I love it. He's very happy to do it.
Speaker 1: Fresh set of it is always important. Hey, you've got one in my stories.
Speaker 2: You've got a new segment as well. You want to introduce it? It is what's an old segment, It's a segment been on ice for the last.
Speaker 1: Six It's a new twist and an old favorite film fame of Vinyl. So what we do here, Poppy? I might pick an artist, an actor and whatever, and we take apart their career and what today We're gonna do something different? Okay, I'm going to use the term gambling and film fame and Vinyl. I want you to give me your favorite gambling song, your favorite gambling movie, and just give give me a gambling story, whether it's yourself or someone else you've heard or anything like that. Poppy, you lead off your favorite gambling firstly, do you gamble? Do you have a bit on the horses?
Speaker 4: I like the horse? Horses?
Speaker 2: Horses are your favorite animal? Favorite animal?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 2: She loves them? She loves them. When she went over to tam magic round, which is they call gather around in the afl Oh, yeah, she went over there and she found a little friend named Twiggy.
Speaker 1: It was a horse.
Speaker 4: Oh, yes, that was amazing. I though you're going to talk about bronkers their horse Buck, but yeah, I really wanted that job.
Speaker 2: Do you want or did you what to try to be the horse or like to ride it?
Speaker 4: To be the rider?
Speaker 2: Oh? Really?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Qualified to ride a horse?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like you have to?
Speaker 1: Is that like he's from cans mate?
Speaker 2: But do you have horse? Is it like like do you have to get a license to ride a horse? Like what is like a boat license?
Speaker 4: It's not like a car?
Speaker 2: No, But I imagine, like I don't just want anyone like to ride Buck around the stadium, Like I imagine you have to be somewhat qualified.
Speaker 1: Something tells me back in the day the Sioux Indian or the Apache when it would capture a horse on top. Something tells me they wouldn't have to go to the mode of registry to get a license to ride a horse.
Speaker 2: But I understand that, but I all mean today, it's so sorry. I would have thought they would have had like some sort of jockey license.
Speaker 1: Have you seen registry like a registry for horses? Like you go to the mall and all of a sudden there are is people and cowboy gear lined up to get a license to ride their horse.
Speaker 2: But if I wanted to race on a horse at Ramwick, I feel like I'd have to be qualified with it. Then you do excuse me. I'd love it. That sounds calling the tedle black.
Speaker 3: I'd love to have a jockey license. That sounds awesome because that allowed. You know what happens if you get a jockey license, Jockey club. Back into the jockey locker room. Yeah, everyone knows. It's the most sacred place on the planet. You go tockey the locker room of the jockeys, and it's.
Speaker 2: Like they have their own language.
Speaker 1: There's some dirt bags in regular league. But let me tell you something. There's some dirt bags.
Speaker 2: They're so undercover. Your song, okay.
Speaker 4: I we were thinking about this when we went and got coffee. I said poker face, but I didn't. I did some googling afterwards.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 4: It's not actually about it's about gambling, but it's also about gambling with your sexuality.
Speaker 2: It's very fitting for you. I was talking to you, Dan, Yeah, I like it.
Speaker 1: That's a great one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is good. I did do you like you like Abba? I did money money money, Yeah, by I love Aba man, I love they're Switzerland. They're from Swiss, Swedish, Swedish different.
Speaker 1: Listen every time you go past the equator north that people aren't all the same. No, over countries there are borders.
Speaker 2: But I I see Switzerland Sweden Sweden is very similar. Are they close on the can they sound the same? No, but like because he's.
Speaker 1: An idiot, because because little Cooper they've got an at the start n W.
Speaker 2: But I they're close on the map right like they be very because even like when you look at Swedish and Switzerland, Swiss people they're very similar looking. I would say, like's blonde, yeah, you know what.
Speaker 1: I mean, but a lot of like Swiss, you get a lot of you know, with.
Speaker 3: All the Nordics, Coop, you're just putting all the Nordics in.
Speaker 1: The Nordics and the Baltics. People there are very territorial.
Speaker 2: We've got a big listener ship over there. Actually really yeah, I think.
Speaker 3: Thirty three thirty three listeners in Norway today.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 3: I went with Ace of Spades by Motorhead went to Lemmy's Lounge last year in l A and that was that's where we saw Chake krogero Oh was that where we.
Speaker 2: Saw Chake Krog That's where he's the lead singer of Nickelback, Remember I told you that, And he invited us back to his spa at his house we went.
Speaker 3: What he was wearing this weird card again and he had like sort of triggering you, Matthew, but he had what do you call him coop the Veneers. Yeah, and like because he doesn't he thinks they're triggering. Everyone's a c LS at the moment hamstrings.
Speaker 2: That's right. Yeah, that's got a theory just quickly.
Speaker 1: So Bobby, you know who Chad Kroger is, but you don't know who Kevin cry.
Speaker 2: What's your song?
Speaker 1: My song is? Bob Sega is still the same?
Speaker 2: Is that about gambling?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's about gambling or they use all gambling terms in jack it is.
Speaker 3: It's a ninety seventy rock single. Blah blah blah blah blah bluffing. It's about bluffing for a living, just.
Speaker 2: About buffer them brain.
Speaker 3: I thought I got onto that pretty quick for you.
Speaker 2: A compliment, mate, Yeah, you know you did good?
Speaker 1: Did good? Uh?
Speaker 3: Poppy of your movie movie?
Speaker 4: I went with Focus and Margot Robbie one of the most underrated movies.
Speaker 1: Of all time.
Speaker 4: That is good gambling and a love story.
Speaker 2: If gambling and love go hand in hand, sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worst.
Speaker 3: And a little bit of fun fact for your woo. Fifty five the number in that scene, Matthew is fifty five this year. Oh yeah, for the devil, I have to guess.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's in the NFL game, mates, I picked. He's gambling with the like the Korean guy saying yes you know, and he's like, oh, you got to pick one number out there. That's a good scene. They set him up.
Speaker 1: Fletcher and Joel said, the guy went into the end recently. He was one of those guys you know with a thinker number. They said it was the most remarkable thing they've ever seen, Like there was none of them up to it. I think he went to Joel and said, think of a number, just think of it. It was chatting him away. Now I want to write it down. The guy went to another room right up and then came back in and said that's the number and get Yeah. So what they say is when they're having a conversation with the little triggers and they triggering, they're pushing you towards another that is like, how how amazing.
Speaker 2: Is that there's a guy? Was it Hard Knocks? They do the doco on ESPN, Like they go to an NFL team, Detroit Lions, Detroit Lions, and the guy did it. Didn't do numbers, but he was like, think of a team you want to play in the like the super Bowl this year, and like just all this different thing. Think of a teammate who's going to person in the leads and scored the most touchdowns and they write it down. He'd pick it and like real, not even like the most favor like just random people and he'd pick it.
Speaker 1: And I think the guy, I think the one they wrote down that he wrote down that we all playing the supermart held up with San Francisco forty nine ers and they did play. They did.
Speaker 3: Could you do, Matthew? What was your thing with the paper Sissor's rock where that sort of thing? If you do the poppy, mate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do it the poppy. You know that Dad's got a theory. Yeah, no, it's like a theory on paper.
Speaker 3: You commentated for the listeners.
Speaker 2: I'm just sure they'll be here. They'll be able to hear it because they need Dad to.
Speaker 1: Public you ready for this one secret as far as Townsville from Cans, you're the only one that's ever done because there's you.
Speaker 2: Know what it was because she answered it as you did. So before we do it, do it one more time and do it. Do a little bit, so ask it and then go scissors paper rock, because don't so it's on fie do you do paper scissors scissor paper rock?
Speaker 1: Did you anyway? You want to out poppy, So don't answer your question.
Speaker 2: Just just don't have any expectation to.
Speaker 1: Ever think about what I'm asking you, Like, what band do you prefer? More like Oasis or the Beetles? Paper scissors rock? Gotcha?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mean you did get it on the second time round, but well.
Speaker 4: I knew he was going to go rocks. I went something back.
Speaker 2: So his theory is and it worked on everyone else except you.
Speaker 1: Who worked on six people in a raw and which those stats don't lie.
Speaker 2: But he says, if you ask someone a question right before you do this paper rock while they're if they're distracted, they instantly go to scissors all the time because it's because it's easiest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's his natural reaction.
Speaker 2: That you obviously disprove that straight away.
Speaker 1: People who don't as sociopath, it's good. You untill get on fire.
Speaker 2: We cancel each other out my movie. So what was your one focus focus? I didn't Ollie's Game. Oh yeah, great movie, which is great one if you haven't seen that. It's about like the lady who starts a poker like an underground poker game. It's a true story, yes book, and there's a lot of and there's a lot of celebrities in it. They can't name for defamation reasons.
Speaker 1: They reckon. One was Toby mcguy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Michael Sarah plays him from super Bad. Yeah, who I love. I love Michael Sarah.
Speaker 1: Awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, spider Man Jack Attack.
Speaker 3: I went with Ocean's thirteen. I like the Oceans movies, but that one was the first one I saw. But I like it because it's not only a heist, but it's also a revenge movie.
Speaker 2: And I like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Oceans are good. They're smart. Brad see Brad Pitts back on the piers Because I saw that, Did you see that's sixty years? He was like, how long has he been sober? He wasn't six years? But like I suppose I think it was for like aging, like because he's looking good looking.
Speaker 1: He was about something to do with Angel and the kids. It was something not a flight.
Speaker 2: They could read really okay, But I saw he's back on the piece. Now, good on him to get one like one of us.
Speaker 1: All the hell the pit, I've gone The Color of Money movie Tom Cruise Paul Newman about pool Sharks. That's a good eighty six eighty eight ron Tomatoes probably have got these stories. I mean, you saw for anything about gambling, you ever had a big win on something.
Speaker 2: I'll let you have a think because I'll jump in with one that happened last night with Dad, just so you can have a good time. So I don't know if you want to bring some up or not, but it's up now. So Dad went down to the mums in China, obviously, and when rum's in China, Dad can do it every once. So Dad went down to his to the local. And there is a yarn that we've told on this when Jack used to work at this pub behind the bar and everyone used to they had a bucket of all these mini vodkas that Dad, because you know it's expensive in there, Dad would take them in his pockets and just get a soda.
Speaker 1: Wall, just go for a walk. And I'd have these on me and then I'd get there and they say, what do you want to drink?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 1: Now, I just it was my sort of little aim. It was like sort of get me kicks. I go, I'll just get a pint of ice water a little bit on and I had the crystal heads and I just want to get rid of them. So I had a mile of them and I and I just thought that for years. I just thought I was getting away with it a little. Did I know that they were collecting them and collecting them.
Speaker 2: They had a bucket behind the thing. Wasn't that right, Jack? When you were there?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we were collecting them. And then the girls had always come back when I was working with them and they go, oh, your dad's in the poking's like, oh, what kind of what kind of bets is he doing? I go, oh, I think he was doing like ten cent hits sometimes.
Speaker 2: Anyway, he went down last night and you're playing the pokers again. Now, this this pub has had a reno since, so they've obviously installed cameras and whatnot in there and doing.
Speaker 1: A runt them. So what happens. People give you gifts, right, I've got a mile of these sort of hit flast things. And I went for a walk and I thought him, so a bugger and a walk, I'll call in and have a quick slap. And I got in there and that they come up and well here they go, oh mad on the island, and yes, so I just I said, guys, you just haven't got my favorite type of vodka here. They said, I'll just tell us, we'll buy some. And oh god, I'm tiring myself.
Speaker 2: Were you when they come up to you? Were you run on?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: I was? Are you're laughing about it?
Speaker 3: To be honest with you? Looking like where the camera wasn't we probably right in front of you?
Speaker 1: No? I just I asked, I said, where is that camera just going up there?
Speaker 2: Can you imagine them all in the camera like they just got They would have grabbed the manager everyone. They're all sitting there just laughing, and.
Speaker 3: You're like.
Speaker 1: That someone not proud of pubbing.
Speaker 5: But I've got so much of it here, and you go look and this is the other thing, right, you go down there, I just have the VODK Like second, I've got a mile of it here.
Speaker 1: I've got to get rid of it somehow. Secondly, it's just so expensive when you get a public club for a like it's forteen dollars or something.
Speaker 2: Pubs and clubs, Yeah, I will say.
Speaker 1: Thirdly, I'm having to hit in the poker machines and I'm just getting rimmed there. I can't let him win a hundred. You're just going to get a little bit back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and did you did what did the score end up? Was it one hundred? Or did you win or did they win last night?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So I really was sorry. Yeah, okay, but I've done it in church three times. I've done it a wedding for the wedding is that three piece? Yeah?
Speaker 2: But no, it's a ceremony. They don't know that. They don't open the park. What's it like they let you drink before and then there's like an hour of the ceremony, but you're not allowed to drink.
Speaker 1: House of worship doing there. I hate going to church, So I just smuggled in this and make time go quick. And it's sort of entertaining because I'm looking around thinking right, and I slip one out. Now, dangerous a people, you know that the element of danger it's like a rush.
Speaker 2: It's like when you're going through like self checkout and you just won't scan that, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: No, I don't know. It's stealing. So I've done it a wedding. I've done it at a funeral. I did once a funeral because I didn't know the person that well.
Speaker 2: He actually didn't know them at all. He was just walking through.
Speaker 3: I can do it. Was just an open casket sitting now. He thought, I'll join the line mate.
Speaker 1: The third one was probably the most memorable. Again, at that point, I had people have given me sort of crystal head vod because send them to me because they knew the story. And so.
Speaker 2: Cooper had his at the church for his graduation.
Speaker 1: Graduation anyway, Trish goes, oh, I've just She was on a prayer in her pocket and she said, I'm going up to do a prayer of the faithful. You know they do that, They walk all the stuff to the altar. And then she got up. So I said, okay, So I had the crystal heads in my pocket and I was around a lot of people, so I can't. I can't do it. So what am I going to do? So the moment Trish goes, I've got to go up there and do that. As she got up and was walking down, I just shot off out out the back knocked it over. But as she was up doing the Prayer of the Faithful Mate, she was looking for me again, where's he gone? So I sit back down and she says down and goes, did you scale of what are you talking about? Now? She just went straight to.
Speaker 2: The pocket and because he had seventy in there, apparently she grabbed his jacket and she got it and it was like a piggy bank.
Speaker 1: But no more for me, No, no, no, you're done with that life gambling story? Oh I have one.
Speaker 4: Oh you're going well, it's a future one which can do really well. No, it's a gambling story that I've put on. It's a beat I put on a few weeks ago. Oh yeah, you did too for the worrior is because I personally think.
Speaker 2: That they're going to win them.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what it was, people agreeing with you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what was the stat today about?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, the NRL tickets. They had a look at, like, you know, which members and fans have bought the most Aneral tickets? They bought twenty six percent of the tickets side already for the Grand Final. Wives fans Yeah, yeah, four percent were like seagulls. What are you thinking, guys.
Speaker 1: Guys, just accept your fate.
Speaker 3: They would have been brought about mid year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, undred percent, they would have been.
Speaker 1: They reckoned a good percentage of Titans fans though.
Speaker 2: They have been bought last year.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Go my gamling story as well. Actually, I so I actually got this is an interesting one. So Star Casino a fair few years back, after a new New South Wales Cup game, I wrote this down. I the Connor Tracy and Corey Allen who played a lot of cut at South City. We actually ran into one of the boys recently and I wrote this down because they actually they were watching this. They were spectating this and I had a few drinks something my belt. So we went to the Star Casino and they have these, Like I had a few drinks somebody. It was like two in the morning. They have these on a Saturday night, these active poker tables.
Speaker 2: You know what they look like.
Speaker 3: So you can walk in and after three hands you can take what you've got and you can leave. And I entered one of these tables and I was pretty cruisy. I was having a good time, like I put like they put like one hundred bucks in or two hundred bucks in.
Speaker 2: Thought, aw, you had a few drinks.
Speaker 3: I had, I had, i'd I'd had a few drinks, and I was in a good mood. But the guy, the guy to the right of me, I remember him. He was awfully he had a bit of cash on the table. But he's like one of those you know, you get to those tables, there's guys are really serious. Like some of them put shades on. Some people just put on like an angry face just to like play this.
Speaker 2: They got a hoodie on and chat it's face.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just to be consistent, right, And I must have been aggravating because I was like in a good mood, trying a yearn There was nothing really going on, but I remember the boys were watching and we had a couple of hands. Nothing really happened, and I thought to myself, Now I was getting a bit sick of it. So I thought to myself, on this next hand, I'm going to go all in. At some stage, I said, I'm going to try and bluff the tables there flour people on the table, yep, and so then get your hands. You know. I got a hundred bucks sitting there. And what I did was I opened my cards. I had a pair of fours and I thought to myself, good, Yeah, it's never good. I thought, oh shit, I'm really have to play my hand here. And then they deal the cards. But I remember there was an ace out there. I don't remember what the other cards were, and I thought, oh, I'm in trouble here if someone gets an ace. And basically as soon as that came out, I put fifty in up the ante and the rest of the table except the guy to the ride of me, this guy that was a bit agro He was like, he went nah, he thought I was bluffing, which I was, and I thought to myself, Okay, I need to really up the anti next one. So I went all in and then he what he ended up doing was he he just backed me all the way and went, nah, I'm going in. He put one hundred in and then I remember the fourth card revealed. So the last card was revealed. So you have to show your cards when you go all in. I had one hundred, so he matched me. You have to know at the start you have to show them. You flip them before the last cards revealed, right, So what I when it was revealed, it was a it was a four. So I got a triple and he had an ace, so he thought he had me. And then I got a triple and won. And then I got up the table and he was fucking filthy, like I remember him being that filthy, and I got up. I thought I was like the king of the world. Took me two hundred bucks, walked away. They looked at his He had like two rands still sitting there on the table.
Speaker 2: Jack, okay, drive.
Speaker 1: For the John.
Speaker 4: A couple of dams.
Speaker 2: I don't think now we take them. We take the piece out of Jack sometimes for you know, having some bad jokes. But I don't think I've ever stretched a story that could have could have been could have been thirty seconds into I reckon that was three and a half.
Speaker 1: You're a hard man to follow there, Jack, did you get the gist of the story? I did.
Speaker 4: Had a couple of drinks.
Speaker 2: I think it was a few. I think it was a few drinks. No, I get it. I love it.
Speaker 1: That story. Mean, Jack bat once but got a two undred fifty one. Bet up. We've said a few times on the body or two that one privately mate. A couple of one, a very prominent rugular league identity, very prominent who's still prominent in the game. Fletch was. Fletch was at the Roosters at the time. They went as a club to the races at rose Hill and this prominent rugby league identity had a thousand each way on a horse at sixty sixty one and it got up, and it got up really and he took the money in cash and went across to the hotel across road. That's paramot of Park Royal. He used to be across there, went across there and put it in a safe over there. Is that amazing?
Speaker 3: You have a few drinks?
Speaker 1: I think so, And he redeemed yourself for that. You probably have heard a couple of famous. You heard a guy called Kerry Packer. Yeah, Kerry Packer was.
Speaker 2: The own Channel nine, the own Channel nine.
Speaker 1: He was probably the most famous, probably one of the most famous strains of all time. Like just huge businessman, like huge presence, and he was a really big gambler and he go to Vegas and put big, big bets on. But he was a fearless gambler. So he went in there once and he was sitting at the high rollers at Caesar's Palace and there was this big textan guy with the cowboy had on and he was bragging at the table about how much, oh mate, I got this farm and it's worth, you know, two hundred and fifty million dollars. Kerry Packard turned him and said, pull out of coin and said, I'll toss you for the the farm. For the farm, yep, said I'll toss you for it. And the guy of course himself. But there was other but he was famous for his generosity as well. And he was up there one night having an amazing run and the young lady who was she was dealing cards. He was like, oh, so, Dna, do you tell me about your life? And and as she's the only way, she goes, I'm a single mom and I've got a young child and we're doing it tough at the moment. And he goes, how much do you owe on your mortgage? And she said two hundred thousand dollars And he just went passed the chip over and said, there's your mortgage. Pay for it. Nice had a great story.
Speaker 2: That is good. What a man Hey, now it's a little long as well to shout out to a friend of the pot as well, Billy Slater. He's retired from Queensland coaching.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: I do not know who the hell they're going to get next, because I know Cameron Smith was first on their raidar, but he's pulled out of the race. He would have been great, but exect pressure on Cooper Krong to take it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I really loves taking the piss out of me Cooper and trying to put me in circumstances. Let's let's do it. Just push hard because for me, he's the ideal meaning for the job.
Speaker 2: Bloody eight, one of the Big three.
Speaker 1: He's not a big drinker. He leaves a fairly boring life and maybe he had plenty of time on I don't.
Speaker 2: Reckon many of the like I think outside of Slutsy Coops and Smitty, I don't know if many of those other guys could probably like from that generation, could coach it. A lot of them are good at the assistant roll. I don't know if they're ready to take on the big role and to be able to manipulate the media and whatnot, like they can to.
Speaker 1: Be continued yeah, we're a bit to hurry up here. We're at a hard out because Poppy has got to get the training.
Speaker 2: Yeah she does. We've got to do our tips now, Tricia Sunds.
Speaker 1: This week, by the.
Speaker 4: Way, we have Melbourne Demons.
Speaker 1: It doesn't sound right when you say yeah that cougar shake it just be D'll beat JACKO beat that.
Speaker 3: We're going to keep.
Speaker 1: We're going to kick their asses. You can't really yeah that technically ad Okay, stop, we're gonna win. We're gonna win.
Speaker 2: Okay, there, we got there, Jesus. Okay, so you're gonna do Atricia Tims she sent through hers, but I feel like if she's not here, she can't do it.
Speaker 1: You got to be in this.
Speaker 2: Okay, first game Storm versus Penrith. Poppy will start with you. Who do you think? Just go on based on the mascots, whoever you want or you know.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go. Is Harry playing?
Speaker 2: I believe he might be making a return this week.
Speaker 4: Harry, I mean Harry All.
Speaker 1: It has been poor weather this week, so nicely done.
Speaker 2: Matthew, Panthers, Jack Panthers. I will go. I'll go to Panthers as well.
Speaker 1: You're nearly nearly. I was going to say.
Speaker 2: Trish actually said the Storm as well, So you are on Storm. Next game, Raiders versus Broncos and shout out Josh Papalis last home game for the rat retirement the end of the year.
Speaker 3: Lots of the boys to lots of the boys supposed to be busted. Rickie Cent in his last press are is that there a lot of them are busted and they're refusing to go and get surgery because I want to play in Big Papa's last game.
Speaker 1: Cool.
Speaker 2: That's pretty cool. So that is the Raiders or the Broncos. Penelope, Umm, Raiders.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm going Raiders too, and we pop you on that one.
Speaker 2: Jack, Yeah, I'm going Raiders. Don't wait for me to say your name as well. Okay, well do it for I will go to the Raiders as well. Dolphins versus the Eels. Penelope and trist did the Raiders too, so you are in line with that.
Speaker 4: I'm going to go Dolphins.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm going Dolphins too.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna I'm gonna go to the Eels here. What I think the Eels have watching them last week? They are they can defend well, and Dolphins didn't convince me against many last week. I thought just the mainly were a bit off. Have the hot hand, jack and and they're looking on Mad Monday. And as I said last week, there's nothing more dangerous than the team that wants to go into Mad Monday as a success. Correct.
Speaker 1: Okay, Old Boys Day more dangerous.
Speaker 2: Old Boys Day Nights versus the Sea Eagles. Yeah, Poppy, mainly, that's all right, don't matter.
Speaker 1: Might better the round Knights up there? What is that your lock of the round, that's my lock.
Speaker 2: I will go kiss it death. Watch them just get flogged. Now, I'll go the Knights, and then I'll go the Knights as well. Trisha actually picked the Knights, but you've taken her to Manly. But it might be right. Rabbit O's versus the Wars up the Wars, Yeah, I'm with you. Wars was till I die.
Speaker 3: Saying there's a chance, hopefully soon, there's a chance that Jet Cleary.
Speaker 2: Could play for the Warriors.
Speaker 1: For the Hamstring.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, dragons, stay tuned for that. Dragons versus dogs.
Speaker 4: I don't really know much about these teams. I would rather be a dragon.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well you dragons, well, Poppy, you probably wouldn't do you want to go dragons?
Speaker 3: Yep?
Speaker 1: Okay, I would rather be a dragon or adult dragon. Okay, no worries, I'll go dogs.
Speaker 3: I'm going to go dragons. I like I'm seeing from the dragons. I thought I'm probably good against the Tigers last week, Doggies. They don't make the finals.
Speaker 1: Now they can't steal, they can't a little weary, don't they.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go the dogs, Dogs. Okay, Titans versse Sharks.
Speaker 4: I would like Nicko doing Sharks.
Speaker 2: Nice, Okay, loyal, nice, I like it. Matthew, I'd like me to win Titans dog.
Speaker 3: Jack Titans.
Speaker 2: All right, Well I'm with I'll go the Sharks then, because much like you, you got to stay loyal to your friends.
Speaker 1: Rather be a dog than the trader, would you.
Speaker 2: Okay? And last one of the round Rooster's best Tigers.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Nice, Well everyone going to I'm going Roosters.
Speaker 3: Roosters. They're on, they're on part of they're on part of the Grand Final.
Speaker 2: At the moment, I think they're coming first at the moment. Two Premiership.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they just they just over up Penrith, Penelope.
Speaker 2: We're gonna let you go to training. Thank you, honey. You are an amazing girlfriend and partner, and you are in future spouse and I just want you to know that I love you so much.
Speaker 1: I want to say that you're an amazing person, amazing amazing defender. I cannot tell you how impressed I was with your commitment to the cause. You I think you will be. I think you will end up being the greatest buy in g W g w S historys regardless men or women.
Speaker 2: There, that's a great what pressure.
Speaker 3: Jack, Nicely done, Poppy. You did a terrible job of being trish because you're probably too normal, but well done.
Speaker 2: Well done. Pressure makes Don't you got anything for us that you want to say?
Speaker 4: No? Not really, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Okay, get going, man,