Speaker 1: On scoring lis Oustrodio. This is the Reader Panety Show.
Speaker 2: Good evening and welcome to the Rita Panety Show.
Speaker 3: Coming up tonight, a till style Muslim campaign being planned for select seats in Melbourne and Sydney.
Speaker 2: A teenage climate.
Speaker 3: Activist causes rail chaos blocking the Hunter Valley coal network. Josh Hammer will join me from the US with the facts not the media hysteria about a critical Supreme Court decision, and will also discuss President Biden's bizarre performance today they've been spray tanning the commander in chief. And also joining me tonight professor and primer Darren Grimes and Patrick Carline and Tonight's Left is Losing It features Kamala Harris, a bunch of confused French women and this Depravity. Joining me now is Harold's son, senior columnist Patrick Carl and Patrick. Let's start in New South Wales with another example of divisive race based nonsense in the education sector, this time from a school in the Lower Blue Mountains where children were told to put their hands on the ground and repeat always was, always will be Aboriginal Land. This was part of an acknowledgment of country ceremony before Assembly and apparently they do this before each and every assembly. Frank Chung reports that the anthem has also been changed to incorporate indigenous music.
Speaker 2: This is a primary school, Patrick.
Speaker 3: And when you say always was, always will be, what message are you sending to those of us who are not indigenous? Is it essentially telling us will never be able to call this land truly ours. We're not as entitled to feel like this is our land because of ethnicity.
Speaker 4: It's so divisive, isn't it. It's basically saying, you know, we don't belong here. It's not a statement of fact. It's a point of activism. And the fact that that's coming to schools now, I mean your politicizing education in a way that nobody wants. There is no groundswell of support to this sort of thing. And you look at the acknowledgment of country now, every speaker of every function you go to, it's too scared not to go to the end degree. It has got silly, and this is just another example of that.
Speaker 3: I think it's misused, over used.
Speaker 2: I think it's divisive.
Speaker 3: And Senator just Enter Price is spoken about this. She says it feels embarrassed sometimes when she hears this, and she looks around and she's the only person who's Indigenous in the room, and she's wondering why they're doing this. But I do wonder about who this is helping. We know it upsets a lot of people. We know it's divisive, but is it actually helping the Indigenous community? Is it closing the gap? Is it getting kids to school? Is it doing something about the domestic violence crisis in some communities. It's not actually doing anything practical to advance that cause.
Speaker 4: It annoys and irritates a lot of people who the Indigenous sort of cause actually need on site and actually divides it so it actually says you're either with it or you're against it, you fall in or you don't. A lot of Australians, just very average minded, fair minded Australians, just look at this and say this is nonsense.
Speaker 3: I see it as a polite way to say.
Speaker 2: We're full or leave.
Speaker 3: To me, as a migrant, it's an anti migrant message.
Speaker 2: It's telling me I can never be.
Speaker 3: As Australian or feel as entitled to call this landmine as others, purely because of ethnicity or from when I became an Australian. Now let's talk about labor suspension of Senator Fatama payment and it's triggered the launch of a Muslim Till style campaign in some areas of Sydney and Melbourne. The Muslim Vote campaign is actively seeking candidates to out labor MPs from high Muslim populated seats at the next elation. You know, some of these seats the Muslim population is around thirty percent and candidates will stand as independents but will be backed by the Muslim community.
Speaker 2: That's the plan.
Speaker 3: The campaign is eyeing the seats of Education Minister Jason Clair, Workplace Relations Minister Tony Burker the potential targets. This is very interesting indeed, and I guess the Tills have set out a game plan of how you can do this.
Speaker 4: It look the Tills capitalize on a moment in time. I mean a lot of people didn't like Scott Morrison, they didn't like what the Government of the day's environmental policies and it really did work magically if you like, in retrospect, because it actually tapped the mood. This is really interesting. This you've seen the Albansi government panner so much to those Muslim electorates since October seven, and now you're seeing this sort of thing happen. It's going to take a long time to play out. It'll be interesting to see what happens. But maybe there is a mood. Maybe this really is a big thing.
Speaker 3: Well, the Greens have been playing on those grievances. Greens have played a very dangerous game, dangerous for the country, not for those communities in particular. Meanwhile, we've got Senator Payment saying that she may quit the Labor Party after she said she was essentially exiled for voting with the Greens over the Palestine issues. She was suspended indefinitely from the caucus for refusing to abide by the party rules, which include a ban on crossing the floor. The Labor Party say what you like about them, they've got party discipline unlike the Liberals. But the wa senator says she will abstain from voting for the rest of the week while she considers her future. And you've got to say, Patrick, she's been very successful in diverting attention away from what ethany our ben easy and Labor want to talk about this week, which is the tax cuts.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 4: Look, Elbow was week last week. She has no future in the Labor Party. She doesn't want her future in the Labor Party. She's made it very clear by her choices, and she said on the weekend I might do this again.
Speaker 2: She did.
Speaker 3: She went on Insiders and rubbed the PM's face in it because he kind of gave her a pass which made him look terribly weak instead of precedent for Labor.
Speaker 2: But then she kind of made him.
Speaker 3: I don't know, she went there and embarrassed him further, which was a strange tactic.
Speaker 4: I think, I don't know if she's playing the victim card, but to sort of say I've been exiled, Well, what else was going to have happen? And some people have been intimidating to her what else was going to happen? This is not the Parliament's not for activism. It's for the representatives of parties. This is activism in the parliament and no mainstream party can allow.
Speaker 3: It to happen. No, No, the Prime Minister did what he had to do, just did it way too late. Let's talk about the rise of the right in the cross Europe, really everywhere except the UK in scenes and European stocks rose on Monday after the first round of the French election, were Marie La Pen's National Rally secured the most votes of any party, and deep divisions among the left in France on the issue of Gaza and the Israelimas war are hurting the left's efforts to combine to defeat the.
Speaker 2: Rise of the right.
Speaker 3: Patrick mccron took a big gamble calling this snap election, and it seems that gamble has not paid off.
Speaker 2: Is his part came in third?
Speaker 4: Yes, Look, it was either crazy brave or crazy stupid. No one's calling it crazy brave. At this point, it didn't have to happen. You've now got the extreme left to a very anti semitic in France, writing in the streets it's a powder keep. You've got a high Muslim population in France. Look, we're going to see what will happen, what will be the consequence of all of this next weekend when the election sort of ends. But it's troubling to see because France is so important, it's so symbolic, and it really does seem like it's been cleave down the middle at the moment.
Speaker 3: Well, there's so much, so much happening in Europe. It's such a fascinating thing to observe from afar when you see countries from Italy to Finland and Sweden to now France turning to the right, this revolt against big immigration, open borders, green.
Speaker 2: Lunacy, that is really energy, all the energy.
Speaker 3: Prices, and it's just so many countries are going the media say far right, and then we've got Labor about to win in a landslide in the UK and.
Speaker 2: They're hardly a moderate party these days. They're far left now.
Speaker 3: Dolly Parton is one of my favorite country music star and she's been accused of white saviorism for her reading scheme Imagination Library, which has given millions millions of free books to poor children for more than thirty years. Instead of thanking her, we've got a new academic paper by speech and language pathologist Jennifer Stone arguing that the library's focus on reading to succeed and perfecting parenting subjugates children by privilege and is a white middle class cisgendered, heteronormative, able bodied norm Really, I mean, Patrick, please.
Speaker 4: I don't know what half of those words actually mean. Apparently she was talking about the intersectional issues and they refuse to address intersectional most people don't even know what they are.
Speaker 3: That entire die tribe I just read out, which was a direct quote. Anytime anyone uses any one of those words, let alone two three in succession, you can just safely dismiss anything they're going to say because they're idiots, and they're often destructive idiots.
Speaker 4: That's right, poor Dolly, this is not fair.
Speaker 2: It's not fair. It's the national treasure.
Speaker 4: She is absolutely.
Speaker 3: Patrick Carline, thank you for your time this evening.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Joining me now is a steem geologist professor Ian Primer, And let's start with Chris Bowen, our fearless climate change and Energy minister and the coalition's greatest weapon in the coming election.
Speaker 2: But Bowen has been on.
Speaker 3: The attack, arguing Peter Dutton doesn't understand his own policy and is being evasive.
Speaker 5: It's been fifteen weeks and all we've got is a map with seven side that's six of which the.
Speaker 3: Owners have said they won't want nuclear and five of which are in states with a nuclear band.
Speaker 1: So this is all going swimmingly.
Speaker 3: Oh he's up and about. How do you see this debate? Ian? Is the opposition prevailing or is Labour's scare campaign getting through to voters a scare campaign. It works beautifully almost every time.
Speaker 5: Well, the government is running scared. They've been wrong footed by Dutton's very sensible policy is having long term stable twenty four to seven baseload power. Now I'm not really sure I can believe a minister he can't pronounce nuclear yet he tries to denigrate NUCIA and later on in that clip he talks about how there are twelve thousand, five hundred coke cans of waste that are produced from one modular reactor. Now do the sums that's forty two tons of waste that come out of one modular reactor. That is more waste produced than fuel years. So poor mister Bowen, he does need to get away from his activists who are advising him and talk to scientists, especially nuclear physicists. You cannot create something out of nothing, and that's what he's trying to tell us. So he's absolutely totally wrong and he's saying whatever comes to his head. I don't think he's been well briefed, and I think they're panicking.
Speaker 3: Now wind turbine in Victoria's southwest has caught fire that was over the week. Can caused a giant blade to fall to the ground and excuse me, sparked a grass fire beneath it. The CFA brigades across the state have been warning of such dangers for weeks. Many are taking a strike action, refusing to fight fires on land hosting wind and solar farms and high voltage transmission lines until the Alan government stops its reckless renewables expansion in Some of these renewable projects are being built on Australia's most fire prone land.
Speaker 2: You can understand why.
Speaker 3: There's real concern in those communities about the fire danger.
Speaker 5: Well, I can understand it, and I can understand what the CFA refuses to fight those fires. There are some very dangerous toxins or at least from burning those blades, there is a massive oil, about three hundred kilos of oil that he's burnt. They do start grass fires, and these ideas for alternative to energy or renewable energy have given Australia the greatest environmental damage ever in its history. We are killing birds and bats, We are killing koalas when we are putting in these turbines offshore. We are killing whales and a lot of BirdLife. We are destroying productive farm. There's just a blight on society and after fifteen years they need to be replaced, and you cannot demolish these. You're left with huge amounts of concrete, a lot of dead steel, and we buy all of these from China. Now China is putting in thirty seven nuclear reactors that they're building right now. They're putting in more than sixty coal fired power stations right now. We are the mugs they are selling us wind and solar, making huge amount of money, making us energy dependent upon China, where we are one of the greatest energy hubs in the world. We are an energy superpower. We will never be a renewable superpower, will be broke before then. So this is demonstrating the affleute stupidity of destroying our countryside, especially in rural areas where many city people can't see it and don't feel it. We're destroying this on ideological grounds. We should be following China using our uranium for a nuclear industry, using our coal for coal fired electricity, because we have the greater proportion of energy delivered, especially in these cold times, it's coming from coal, and the second great amount is coming from gas. If we ban fossil fuels, then you should freeze in the dark, because that's what's going to happen.
Speaker 3: We could have just the most thriving manufacturing sector if we had cheap, reliable energy, and we don't because we don't use those cheapest forms we exported to places like China, and then they sell us their renewable options that well, we're paying a lot more for energy. So I mean they are laughing, they are they must think, well, especially in Victoria, the biggest jackpot in the world.
Speaker 5: Yes, especially in Victoria. Energy. For a long time, with the brown coal that was some of the cheapest electricity in the world. This is why Victoria was a manufacturing heart of Australia. Now the energy costs have gone up.
Speaker 6: Not only is.
Speaker 5: Industry leaving Victoria, but people are leaving Victoria. The taxation base is getting less. So this is a catastrophe for Victoria.
Speaker 3: I've got to tell you, you should see my latest gas spill for two month period, in fact, less than two months, five hundred dollars and I've hardly got any gas in the house. It's cooking and hot water system. But they have just made it so expensive. I think also to make it palatable to get rid of gas appliances. New homes in Victoria aren't even going to have gas connections. Now, before you go and ask you about this issue we've got with Blockade Australia. Climate activists from Blockade Australia have struck again, this time causing rail chaos at one of the largest coal export terminals in the world. This is the third teed such an attack we've seen from them in about a week. The latest action saw a seventeen year old girl so spend herself over the Singleton Bridge in the Hunter Valley and that disrupted a really critical coal export terminal for hours. How much are these acts costing the taxpayer or one d and I know it's costing the country a great deal of money. But the taxpayer as far as the disruption that's caused the cost of police and paramedics or whoever else is needed to attend these protests and often has to attend to free the protesters.
Speaker 5: Well, these protesters don't appear to have jobs that I can spend so much time disrupting the economy, stopping royalty flow to governments, putting people out of work, and there aim is to kill off jobs economic treason in some countries. If you tried to do this in China or in Russia, they would line you up and get rid of you. Sixty of our power comes from coal. We cannot do without coal. We can export coal for the rest of the world who are building new coal fired power stations. These people are destroying our economy. Unless these people live in caves. You have to ask why are they destroying the economy. Why aren't they leading by example and living in a cave. And how did they get up to the Hunter Did they take the train, did they drive? Did they fly up to Williamtown? How did they get there? So we are dealing with id logs whose sole intention is to destroy our economy while they hypocritically moan about being morally correct. These people are idy logs and we should bring the full force of the law for the economic treason that these people are creating.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, no one wants to see any harm to come to any of them. We are not in China, but would be good to see the police enforce the law and stop these.
Speaker 2: Vision sometimes dangerous.
Speaker 5: If you're sustained it from a bridge in this cold weather. The best thing the police can do is to leave you this.
Speaker 3: Well, that would be unkindly and we couldn't possibly have that employment.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for your time. This evening still to come.
Speaker 3: Lefties losing it and Josh Hammer unpacks the Supreme Court's historic decision on presidential immunity.
Speaker 2: Welcome back.
Speaker 3: Now it's time for a lefties losing it.
Speaker 2: And I regret to inform you that the French women are at it again.
Speaker 3: This lot love nothing more than taking off their tops to protest, well anything. This time a bunch of white French women are protesting racism and the far right by bearing their breasts and mopping.
Speaker 7: Shut upstay.
Speaker 8: Enough, stop your fascist fascist.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure that protest is working the way they imagined. Now Pride Month is finally over, and what a month it was. Let's look at some of the highlights. Starting in Toronto, where these lefties were losing it. Was apparently a family friendly Pride event.
Speaker 2: Remember the good.
Speaker 3: Old days when first world city has had public indecency laws.
Speaker 2: I missed those days.
Speaker 3: Yes, some dude in a bugs bunny mask dangling his doodle in.
Speaker 2: A Pride rally. Not sure what pride there is in that or this.
Speaker 3: And in San Francisco, where anything goes nowadays, we had several school districts take young kids along to Pride rallies and this one. Look at this clip, you can clearly see a completely naked.
Speaker 2: Man in the front row watching kids march and staying.
Speaker 3: In San Francisco, there was plenty more depravity and lefties losing it. And if you're wondering why police didn't intervene, well listen.
Speaker 2: To what these officers had to say kids.
Speaker 5: You don't want to turn around the event.
Speaker 9: I'm not sure on San Francisco's laws or California's loss is it legal for nunity to be presented in front of kids?
Speaker 7: Unity is legal yet within within certain boundaries.
Speaker 2: With what are the boundaries?
Speaker 7: Do you know a couple, Yeah, anything coupled with a lute act or anything being done for sexual gratification that other people.
Speaker 10: Think, okay, But this event wouldn't be considered for sexual gratifyategu.
Speaker 7: If they're walking around and it's out, that's right. That'd be different than if they're masturbating.
Speaker 3: So it's fine as long as they're not masturbating. If they're parading around dancing suggestively in front of kids, naked. That's okay in San Francisco, but it's not just sand Fran. Let's go to that other lefty heartland, New York City and see how Pride celebrations went there. You know what, there are a growing number of gay people, men and women disowning this whole movement or cooling out the victimhood mentality, including this young woman.
Speaker 9: I recently got asked the question of do I think that there will ever be true equality between gays and streets? When I say that, I stopped at in my trucks because I have absolutely no idea what they're talking about, and I'm not even gaslighting on I don't know what you're talking about. I feel truly equal to my straight counterparts. Okay, I can do every single thing a straight person can do. I can get married, I can adopt kids. I can buy a house, I can buy a car, I can have a job. Is there something I'm missing? Because last I checked out not being thrown off a rooftop for being gay. On this country, we are equal, babe. You have all your rights. Being misgendered has nothing to do with rights, to do with entitlement and narcissism. Okay, we have the same right to straight people.
Speaker 3: Now to the woman who could be president if they managed to invoke the twenty fifth Amendment. But they won't because she's even less selectable than the decrepit puppet currently in the job. Here is Kamala Harris turning up the cringe two atomic levels.
Speaker 2: Thanks no, no, Taraji.
Speaker 11: Now you know I wouldn't do that, especially not to a fellow Bison, the real Atu, you know. So what's on your mind.
Speaker 2: Oh, Madam VP.
Speaker 8: Harris.
Speaker 2: I'm worried about the election.
Speaker 11: Women's reproductive rights are on the line, Our Supreme Court is on the line.
Speaker 2: Our basic freedoms are being tested. Madam VP.
Speaker 11: I know you've been sure having a cross country What.
Speaker 2: Are you hearing?
Speaker 11: Yeah, girl, I'm out here in these streets, and let me tell you you're right, Taraji. There is so much at stake in this moment. The majority of us believe in freedom and equality. But these extremists, as they say.
Speaker 8: Then I like us.
Speaker 3: Yeah girl, I'm out here on these streets.
Speaker 2: What the hell was that?
Speaker 3: And the Veep's call half the country indeed more than half according to recent polls, extremists?
Speaker 2: Did she call half the country? Extremists? You know?
Speaker 3: We mock lifties losing it, but sometimes they're just downright evil. And wasn't it nice to see one of Kamala's lies called out on X after she posted Donald Trump would ban abortion nationwide.
Speaker 2: Tweeps pointed out that information from the likes.
Speaker 3: Of CNN, BBC, the Associated Press, the New York Times, to name just a few, show that Kamala was aligning. Joining me now is Newsweek's senior editor at Large and Article three Projects Senior Council Josh Hammer Josh Today.
Speaker 2: President Joe Biden.
Speaker 3: Lashed out at the Supreme Court decision granting immune for official acts. He called the six ' to three decision a terrible disservice to the people of America and a dangerous precedent the newly spray hand. Joe Biden spent under five minutes reading a prepared statement from a pair of teleprompters.
Speaker 6: Each each of us is equal before the law. No one, no one is above the law, not even the President of the United States.
Speaker 3: He then refused to take any questions before walking away.
Speaker 2: Why drama, What did you make of that?
Speaker 3: It was quite an astonishing attack against the Supreme Court. Some very strong statements made there but again not willing to answer any questions, not willing to deviate from that prepared statement.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Well, first of all, I mean, he did himself absolutely no favors with that appearance right there. He did not quell any of the doubts that are mounting, not just among conservatives but among Democrats as well. You know, the poll that we saw over the weekend, RITO is that seventy two percent of Americans say that Joe Biden does not have the cognitive ability to serve a second term. Frankly, I see that poll and I say, who the heck are the twenty eight percent? I mean, did they watch the same debate that I watched last Thursday evening here in the United States. This man is obviously palpably seen. It's sad, honestly, on a human being level, it's frankly, just just quite sad. But when it comes to these specific merits of the Trump Communic case, which is a victory for Donald Trump, but it definitely is a victory. It's not an absolute victory, but it is the best possible outcome of all the plausible scenarios for Donald Trump. There, it's very important to understand what the court did there is. There has been so much lying in fabrication here in American liberal media. They're saying that the Supreme Court has allow of present to get away with bloody Well, no, they actually really happen. They very clearly said that unofficial acts that have nothing to do with your core constitutional prerogative can get prosecuted after you're a president. But even more to the point, rita this line that we hear from Sonya Soto Mayora, the liberal justice who dissented, this line that we hear from Joe Biden. Right there, they say over and over again, no one is above the law. No president is above the law. Well, do you know what the supreme law of the land here is in the United States, It's the Constitution. It literally says that in Article six. It's called the supremacy Clause. The Constitution is the supreme law of the land. And if the Constitution requires some level of immunity from prosecution so that the executive can do his job, then that is the law. That is the law. So no president is above the constitution. That doesn't mean we know what the constitution is. So the whole thing is just absolutely crazy. But Joe Biden is out to lunch as always. The only question now, obviously, is whether he's going to be forced out of this presidential race.
Speaker 3: It is so absurd and so simplistic to say, no, one's above the law. The president has powers that others don't have. It can declassified documents, it can pardon people for whatever.
Speaker 2: Reason he chooses.
Speaker 3: So this notion that the presidency is no different to any other person, I mean, it's just simplistic. But what's the latest on these efforts to replace Joe Biden before the November poll? With your legal background, you know better than most the limitations of what the Democrats can do here. What are the chances that we're going to get a new candidate?
Speaker 10: So I think the chances are pretty low now. The logistics of them swapping out Joe Biden at this point are very, very difficult. So you actually had so Here in America we have the FEC, the Federal Election Commission, which controls the or rather executes the campaign finance laws in this country. I'm actually interviewing on my show of the Josh hammer Shaw, one of the FEC commissioners tomorrow and the same commissioner, Tree Trainer, who I'm interviewing he She wrote an op ed for The Daily Caller on Friday, basically saying that the logistics at this late hour of pulling a candidates swabbed from a campaign finance perspective are very, very difficult because people who have donated to the Biden Harris campaign, they have donated to the Biden Harris campaign. They have not donated to a generic Democratic Party slush fund. So if you pull Joe Biden and Kamala Harris, that money either then gets reverted to the DNC, the Democrat National Convention, or just gets returned to the donors. So if Gavin Knewso, Gretchen Whitmer, or God help us, Michelle Obama, if one of them were to step in, they decentially be starting from scratch from a fundraising perspective. Now, now, Kamala Harris is the one person in the country who could possibly obviate those concerns, because you could do that while assuaging those fundraising concerns. The problem with Kamala Harris readA as you know that she's less popular than venereal disease. I mean, I mean, she's just an absolutely horrific politician. You know, no one particularly likes her leadership. People leave her office, they leak like a sieve to the mainstream media about what a terrible boss she is, so they're not going to do it. So I am increasingly convinced that Joe Biden actually is here to stay. And again, God help us, because it's not a pretty safe.
Speaker 3: Yeah right about Kamala Harris. She is just floundering. We played some footage of her earlier and it was cringe worthy. But in an effort to recover from that debate disaster, we saw the White House release this thirty three second video I'm about to play. God knows how many takes it took. There's around nine jump cuts just in this thirty three seconds.
Speaker 6: Democracy's yes, and of who we are. We're the most unique nation of the world, and that united based on race, listening, and geography. We're based on idea. We hold these truths to be self evident, that all women are men are created equal. So in our Decoration of independence, in our constitution, there are the two things that are the guardrails to make sure democracy is able to be sustained.
Speaker 12: It's all about being able to show up and vote, be able to have an opportunity to get a fair deal, an even chance. It all rests upon our constitution of democracy is the vehicle and a method all of that.
Speaker 3: Together, Josh, does that fill you with confidence?
Speaker 10: I mean, so, I actually have not seen that video. That's my first time seeing it. I mean, the man looks like he's about to kill over and die. And I don't say that with any kind of joy. I mean, this is the commander in chief of the United States military. This is the guy whose finger is on the nuclear football. This is the guy who who ostensibly is preventing Shi Jimping from going into Taiwan and just seizing Taiwan's semiconductor manufacturing company. And this is the guy who ostensibly is going to prevent Lamar put him from going further into Europe and Iran from going further into Israel in the Middle East. And that's what he looks like, and that's what he talks like. I mean, it's just absolutely appalling. You know, when I was watching that debate last Thursday evening read I couldn't get that thought about Shi Jimping and China out of my All I was thinking about was that surely in real time, somewhere in Beijing people very high up in the Chinese Communist Party, Hollaboro are having these conversations about let's seize Taiwan like now, or at least let's do it before in November. Because when you have someone who literally looks like that, who exudes just such obvious in essence and physical and mental decline, what message does that send to everyone around the world. I mean to say nothing of the American people who are suffering a grave crisis of morale as it is, but really the message to everyone around the world's foes, friends, allies, enemies, everyone, it's just awful.
Speaker 2: It's so said, it is.
Speaker 3: And I've heard some commentary from various stute people who've served under multiple presidents about just how vulnerable the US is right now because its enemies are looking on and they know they've got a short window of opportunity to do what they want to do under this week in Kohera and lost Biden administration, and that just puts the country and I think the world at greater risk from the likes of China, Iran, North Korea, Russia, whoever our enemies are at the moment. I want to ask you about the House Republicans. They're suing for access to those tapes, those interviews between Joe Biden a special counsel Robert her because based on those interviews, the special counsel decided not to criminally charge the president because he considered that Biden would come across to a jury as someone who's very elderly with a poor memory. Essentially, he determined the president was not fit for trial. We know from hers report that Biden could not remember when he was vice president, along with a bunch of other important dates and events. Josh, what could these tapes, which are the wide has block the release solved? What could these types reveal about the president's cognitive decline?
Speaker 10: Well, first of all, Rita, where is Robert Hurr's apology? I mean, he issued this report, this three hundred and forty three page report of memory serves. It was immediately just utterly excoriated. I mean, Joe Biden gets up there on national television that very evening and he's palpably angry. Everyone in the Democratic Party politics is angry. Everyone said that Robert Hurr was a far right maga plant to deepen the bowels of the Department of Justice, that he was a trump plant. I mean, I mean, they had all of these silly and juvenile insults for him. They said it was a hit job from a former Ranquist law clerk. He clerked for a Supreme Court justice is very conservative, and they had all these wild theories. Robert Hurt deserves an apology because everything that he said was just revealed to the entire world to be emphatically correct that Joe Biden obviously is not all there physically or mentally, and you know, you can endow your own conclusions about whether he's fit to stand trial, but certainly Robert Hurst's conclusions were definitely justifiable, at least in light of that. But what they're trying to do right now in the US House, Mike Johnson is filing this lawsuit to get this tape because they've released the transcript ya, but they refuse to give up the actual tape itself. And you might actually ask what the difference is, Well, the difference is kind of what we were just saying, actually, which is if this guy is getting up there and he's just stuttering and he's taking long, awkward pauses there Again, this becomes a national security imperative when you have the commander in chief who is just not there. And you're talking about possibly invoking the twenty fifth Amendment, which is our provision of the Constitution that essentially declares the president is incapacitated. You have Congressman Chiproy of Texas who is talking about trying to get that conversation started. It's not going to happen because it's the vice president and the Cabinet that have to put those wheels in motion. So it's more of a talking point than anything. But it is the proper role of the House to do that sort of check. They had a subpoena Merrick girl trained general ignored it. What else can you do? You file all lawsuit. So it's the right thing to do. So good for make Johnson for pursuing this, I think.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, And that's just a world of difference between reading a transcript and actually hearing the backwards and forwards between the president and her. So yeah, those tapes need to be released. Finally, Josh, before you go, this story is delicious and thank you to see an end for revealing the details of this debate.
Speaker 2: Watch party that was held in Los Angeles. It was attended by the likes of.
Speaker 3: Governor Wick mur and Kamala's husband and a bunch of Hollywood types. Now just picture this scene, Josh. Just a few answers into the debate, Rob Riiner was screaming about losing, and Jane Fonda had tears.
Speaker 2: In her eyes.
Speaker 3: How are the celebrity class dealing with the rest of the nation finding out what the media have known for some time, whether they've been honest about revealing it or not, that the president's cognitive decline is dramatic and real.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know read.
Speaker 10: I think this past Friday, the day after the debate, was my single favorite news cycle here in the US, probably in years, because the entire news cycle was just you know, a list actors, celebrities, democratic donors, you know, billionaire hedge funders, and obviously all the liberal columnists and pundits and editoral board. They were just having this big public meltdown before our eyes. It was absolutely glorious.
Speaker 5: I Mean.
Speaker 10: One of my favorite things about the English language, which Americans and Ousie's obviously both share, is that we borrow nice loanwords from other languages. And of course there's the German loanwords schadenfreud, which means that you have joy at the suffering of others. And I have to say that my chaden freud over the past week, frankly has been utterly through the roof readA. I'm positively euphoric watching things like this.
Speaker 3: I can understand because, yeah, that mass meltdown you talk about it has been spectacular. I would I argue these people are almost always in a state of meltdown, but it got turned up to weapon great levels after that debate, and yeah, just grab your popcorn and enjoy. Josh Hammatt, thank you for your time this evening.
Speaker 10: Thanks so much.
Speaker 3: Still to can't We're crossed to the UK, where Nigel Farage is battling against what he calls media stitch ups. You're watching the reader Panicky show and joining me now is the founder of Reasoned UK and gb News host Darren Grimes.
Speaker 2: Darren.
Speaker 3: The iconic Glastonbury Music Festival just concluded and we saw many festival goers chanting f the King, waving flags with bog Off Rish on them and carrying a supposed artwork by street artist Banksy depicting asylum seekers on an inflatable dinghy.
Speaker 2: Powerful message there.
Speaker 3: We also saw many Palestinian flags flying just months after so many other music goers were slaughtered in Israel at the super Nova Music festival, Darren.
Speaker 2: To me, this was just such a shameful.
Speaker 3: Display from privileged idiots, both on stage and.
Speaker 2: In the crowd.
Speaker 8: Absolutely, I mean, Rita, you hit the nail on the head there, because it's clearly lost on these privileged prats that they are at a festival that most couldn't afford to attend. Right they're spending there is a laboratory you can procure for five thousand pounds. That's the same amount of money that these people are paying people traffickers to actually get across the English Channel to break in to our country. This artwork by Banksy purportedly it's worth more than most will actually earn in their lifetimes due only to the fact that it's by this so called anti establishment artiste, you know, the fact that they he's never Banksy himself has never seen an elitist gathering. He doesn't have a paunch on for whether it's being opposed to the people's vote for Brexit Rita or the unwashed middle classes in their designer Wellington's and taking their disco biscuits whilst railing against the system, whilst being called Rita, Tabitha Rod Parquin and supreme beneficiaries of any capitalism that they say they're railing against, and they purport Rita to be pro open borders. I must point out to your audience that they're doing this whilst enjoying an experience at an event that with a security border so high and so deep that it would make Donald J. Trump's border wall have size envy the border wall with Egypt and Gaza. You know, it is absurd on its scale. It's much easier for a illegal migrant to break into Britain and live off of a Glastonbury attendees mother and father's taxes than it is to actually break into Glastonbury. And the irony, I'm afraid is totally lost on them. They zone themselves off from we plebs, whilst chastise and all of us for being ignorant racists. You just absolutely cannot script it. And you mentioned just very briefly, you mentioned the Palestinian flags. Cindi Lauper was there as part of the Legends cohort of Glastonbury and she actually changed the lyrics of what is her most famous song, girls just Want to Have Fun, to actually talking about girls just want to have fundamental rights and actually talking that in the context of Palace Stain, a place where, as you well know, Rita, girls do not have either fun in any meaningful sense or rights in any meaningful sense. You know, they don't have legal protection from physical or sexual violence. So here we are, in our position of privilege, bashan the patriarchy, while these fans fly the flag of a regime that is so far away from a quality for women. I mean, are you sensing any hypocrisy here, Rita? Because my alarm bells are going right off.
Speaker 3: Well, the men in the UK are in attack mode against Nigel Farage, as is right wing reform party continues to win support from disaffected labor and Tory voters. The BBC invited him one question time and there were several attempts to embarrass him, but they didn't really go to plan.
Speaker 13: You also run a You are online on a website called cameo where you'll record paid shorts of you doing roasts or pet talks for people. I was just wondering your cheapest one you do a seventy pounds If I paid you seventy pounds, now, would you admit that this country would be nothing without our rich history of immigration.
Speaker 1: Well Asentlly what I really right, Rety what and this is what's gone wrong because you talk about immigration and it ran from after the war up until the millennium and net thirty to forty thousand a year. And yes it worked. In fact, we had the most successful immigration policies of any country in the whole of Europe, no question. Now it is so totally out of control. Just think about this. Two and a half million people have come in the last two years. You wonder why you can't get a house. You wonder why your rents have got up twenty five percent in four years. You wonder why our infrastructure is struggling.
Speaker 2: She looks shell shocked there, Darren. It didn't work out how she planned, No.
Speaker 8: It didn't. Indeed, I wonder how long she was sat thinking about that question while she was packed into a BBC audience which is so skewed to the left that it might as well have been put together by Jeremy Corbyn. You know, the BBC has had an absolutely appalling general election campaign in which they've tried to do all they could to actually diminish the palling up take and increase that Reform UK through Nigel Farage have actually enjoyed and it hasn't worked. It's backfired. This is an establishment stitch up bigger than a biotapestry and it just has not worked. And I've been delighted to see that it hasn't worked. You know, there are so many young people Rita that are actually backing Reform UK, and people at the BBC say to me, I'm so shocked by this. What explains it? And I say, it's really quite easy. In parts of the world, just like this one in the northeast of England, you can't stand a chance of getting a house. You are in and out of competing with in factories and all the rest of it, with migrant labor that can undercut your wages and work for longer hours than you can. If you've got a family to support. The illegal migrants come over here, they get given bed board and benefits whilst you struggle to make ends meet. I can understand why those young people say, my future is going to be significantly worse than my forebears. And I don't think that's right or just or in the British tradition, and that I'm going to therefore vote for Nigel Farage and young privileged people just like this one who try to katao to the BBC line there against Farage. They just don't get it and I'm afraid that they aren't the kind of people that Nigel Farage is actually targeting. Could not give one flying flamingo about what someone like that actually thinks about him, right, That's not who he's appealing to. It is the working man and woman of Britain who are saying I'm going to give these guys a chance because we've been wholeheartedly failed by the establishment political class in this country and the media are right up there with them.
Speaker 3: Rita, you are so right, and we've seen across Europe that right wing vote. So many of the new supporters are young people, which was a shock to so many of us because we see young people as being left wing in places like the UK, Australia, US, But the experience in the rest of Europe is different, and perhaps it's changing in the UK. Darren Grimes, thank you so much for your time this evening, and that's it from me. Up next is Newsnight. I'll see you at eleven tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Good Night, five