Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to the podcast.
Speaker 2: Hello.
Speaker 1: Hello, It's Mum and I and executive producer Roadmaster. Any more update on the snow.
Speaker 3: Again?
Speaker 4: I know I feel like we've covered it, but we're going to the snow.
Speaker 3: But is everyone coming?
Speaker 4: We still don't know. Okay, there's no up do you know how many rooms?
Speaker 3: The update is that there's no updates.
Speaker 1: Because I think it'll be nicely.
Speaker 2: We haven't really had a meeting yet because Macy was off sick yesterday.
Speaker 1: Is Macy on today?
Speaker 4: She will be back today?
Speaker 1: Sure, Mays dog will be back today.
Speaker 3: She better be home soon.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she'll be getting home. And about if not?
Speaker 1: Did you see my idea on the prep email last night?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: I think that'd be a good one today.
Speaker 3: Did I said it.
Speaker 1: Was on the email. It depends if you read it.
Speaker 3: No, I didn't read anything because I was on the.
Speaker 2: Girls with the girls, I've lost ad in town from Byron and they said come mat us for a while and I was like, yeah, babes, I'll do that.
Speaker 3: It's Monday.
Speaker 1: I have lost a box of booze in my move.
Speaker 3: You didn't lose it.
Speaker 1: Nohanah, No, I've lost it. I can lose surrounded out and had not really nice to kill her in it.
Speaker 2: Oh did I ever tell you about the time, you know, my friend's Nick and Anna they moved the house. No, no, no, they moved house. And Anna is very sentimental and she collects like her Christmas tree is her pride and joy and every year she gets there like Swarovski crystal tree and you can only get it Rosky in New York. So every Christmas you'll find someone that's in New York that to get it. She's got every year like ten.
Speaker 1: That's great.
Speaker 3: So we go most Yk into.
Speaker 1: What a thing to bring back for someone's tiny.
Speaker 2: It's like this big No, it's in a beautiful but it's it's it's easy. I bring one back every time I'm there for it. And she's very sentimental, like she's got some of her grandmother's ornaments. And when they're moving house, Nick threw out the box. Nick, you got in so much of for like two years. And then when I moved out, I found the box at my house. She'd been like cursing him every Christmas, like I can't believe you've done that.
Speaker 3: And I was like, and I called, well, I think because.
Speaker 2: When I went through my quarter life crisis and I was tragically asked to leave my marital home and I had a pretty grim Christmas.
Speaker 4: They came over and put a Christmas tree.
Speaker 2: Up for me because I just had hip surgery and I couldn't move you message and I was single and everything had been taken and I was like, oh my god.
Speaker 3: And they turned up.
Speaker 1: Really old one.
Speaker 2: They put up a Christmas tree for me, like good friends. I was like, I'm not doing a Christmas tree and they're like, you have to do it.
Speaker 1: Fucking hated Christmas.
Speaker 2: My dad put up a tree first, and I had to put in the spear rom and I pulled it out every time it came around.
Speaker 3: Was so ugly.
Speaker 2: But Nick and Anak bought another tree and it was beautiful. Dad came up one day He's like two trees.
Speaker 1: I was like, yeah, I would like a nice tree this year.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Now you're in your beautiful forever home.
Speaker 1: I want you know what, I'm gonna buy one of those trees that you were trying to get me onto the lights of building.
Speaker 4: No, it's got to be a real tree.
Speaker 1: Tree.
Speaker 4: It's so fun with the King.
Speaker 2: You go to the farm and you choose it, you run through the farm, the Christmas tree forest, and you pick the one.
Speaker 1: That you No, they put on the roof of your car. I'm not having that scratch of roof of the cat.
Speaker 4: God, you're a green.
Speaker 3: Why don't you just cancel Christmas?
Speaker 1: I love Christmas. I'm thinking about doing Christmas lights this year.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, full Chevy j style. We do it where you put it? Did I tell you about Paul and I trying to put mid the tree? He did the whole thing with his mate and then realized they put because we did it in our big oak tree on the front nature strip and then the court obviously had to just drop over the fence and into the front garden. He did the whole tree and then realized he put the power plug at the wrong ended, at the wrong end. He needed to start with the first light at the bottom and winded up the tree and he got to the bottom and he was like, where do I plug this into? I was like, oh my god, you've done the whole thing back, take it all off, start again.
Speaker 4: We live in a Christmas light street. The street does it except you? And we're in like because they've all got big, giant places and really beautiful places and then we're in like a little unit. Might well, we're not going to do it on the unit is a unit or like yeah, it's like a little villa and we're gonna move. We're moving there anyway. But I'm like, we didn't do it last.
Speaker 1: Year, like you've got to do it this year. You got to do it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so the new house will go down.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what, let's make a day of it. Have you got a ladder?
Speaker 4: Yeah, the ladder? Of course, you don't do it.
Speaker 1: Come over to mine, We'll do mine. Then we'll go over to yours and do yours.
Speaker 3: Can you come do mine too?
Speaker 1: If it sounds like a long day? Now?
Speaker 4: Is all?
Speaker 2: The ladder guy, Uh, yeah, he thinks he's pretty handy. But he sucked it up twice. We had to do it like three times from a ladder, and then he pulled it so tight. The second time the things snapped, so go I had to do it again.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Next this year, I'm outsourcing. But we had that. We have that Balsam Hill tree.
Speaker 2: We got sucked into those beautiful you know, fake trees that look real. They're definitely not real. They smell like plastic. And but we do that because we often go away on Boxing Day and we don't have time to get the tree out.
Speaker 3: I don't want to come home to a rotten tree.
Speaker 1: Enough shit going on, mate, I don't need a real tree. It's a lot of work.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it's very nice and the smell of a nice tree in a nice home and beautiful lounge rooms can sit perse.
Speaker 1: I want to put it in that front room, I think nice. And then Christmas Day we wake up, we sit in that room. All the ship's contained to one room. Last year, I spent all Christmas Day cleaning. I'm not doing that again this year. No, weird people come around at too all fucking day. Yeah, we'll clean to talk too. I didn't like it.
Speaker 2: No, I think we might be going away on Boxing Day potentially, and we'll get a house sitter in.
Speaker 4: But I think I'm in Munich.
Speaker 3: I don't want to be cleaning.
Speaker 4: You're what, Yeah, I think I'm in Munich for Christmas Day. So having a German Christmas.
Speaker 3: Day discussed to White Christmas.
Speaker 4: They were going skiing in Switzerland's were stopping by Germany. First you and your partner, Yeah, that is Roke. So there's a big Christmas market there that happens.
Speaker 3: How amazing, Yeah European American.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well you kept that on the way down book prad.
Speaker 3: Why are you going to Germany?
Speaker 1: Sorry?
Speaker 4: Oh, we're going skiing in Switzerland over the Christmas period, but were stopping. We need to be somewhere nice for Christmas.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: There's no significance to.
Speaker 4: I am German. Good janet, Yeah yeah, I say we gets and you have to say good dunk part of yours?
Speaker 1: Do you like a bratwurst? I love a bra So.
Speaker 3: Hang on, let's do some German.
Speaker 4: Get means how are you?
Speaker 2: And good dunker is good, thanks and means I love you.
Speaker 4: Yes, we used to say to my name a bit. Oh wow, I know that's half Japanese.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 3: I learned German and Japanese at school.
Speaker 4: We learned that's we learned Korean, which is the rogues.
Speaker 1: All the kids are learning a talent.
Speaker 2: Just wish I learned Spanish. I checked myself every day into Spanish because it's so handy. But yeah, I did Japanese in German. The only sentence I remember in German is it's warning in abam, which means I live in a tree over the bridge. Because I had to do an oral presentation from the perspective of the koala.
Speaker 3: That's all I remember.
Speaker 4: I remember.
Speaker 3: I don't even know if that's right. If there's any Germans out there.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry. I remember a song in Korean. I don't know how to say anything else except for the song sing It's called the television song Television that was so jump upper yeah, yeah, zoom zoom young ah no. And there's the hands it was. I don't know what it means. You are bilingual, brother, What does it mean? Television?
Speaker 1: Say?
Speaker 2: Television in Korean is television television television.
Speaker 1: I think we found out new lights On.
Speaker 3: Sing along from again, Singing again.
Speaker 1: You take us out, take us out, takes out. It's got to be a quick one today because we've got interviews galore going on day. But we will drag Mas Dog into the podcast tomorrow and get the full wrap up of the party, find out how mum ended up all right, and the seating chart for the snow.
Speaker 4: To take us out to the break.
Speaker 1: It's our lights On sing a long song.
Speaker 4: With our local Korean performer, Television Television Megan Zoom chupper choppy, yeah, chupper chuppy yeah zoom zoom.
Speaker 1: Young A
Speaker 3: On The Red That's So Good.