Speaker 1: Good morning everyone.
Speaker 2: I have some very big Katie news for today's episode of the mat Sonya podcast.
Speaker 1: I'm so sorry if I sound a bit shit.
Speaker 2: I'm recording this in bed at six am, and aslad as i'm being I'm trying not to wake my housemate up, and the.
Speaker 1: Wind's banging against the window.
Speaker 2: But I've just woke up and I want to get this wonderful update to all of you people as soon as possible. But before I get to what's happening present day, here's a grab from last night's episode, just to remind ourselves of the latest what we've seen on screen of Katie and warning. I mean you've already watched it, but this is quite emotional to listen to.
Speaker 3: It's just so much there. I'm trying to get to know him, but like it's so obvious, like he's not into me because of my physical like when I am physically, Like there's no lust, there's no spark, like I can put it all together.
Speaker 1: I'm not an idiot, like.
Speaker 3: Like why come here if you're going to not trying to be open?
Speaker 1: This sucks.
Speaker 3: Like after so many years, like what else is there? Like rejection after rejection after rejection like the common denominator is me.
Speaker 1: I've tried everything else. Now this isn't working either.
Speaker 2: After revealing all of her insecurities and the body shaming she's received in the past from exes to the experts before our wedding. As we all watched earlier this week, you know, Katie was genuinely hopeful about doing the show. Then obviously we watched over the last four episodes as that hope and little bit of belief she had in herself has just been destroyed by Tim's continual rejection. Well, this was all filmed at the end of July and start of August last year, and if you're wondering how Katie is doing now six months later, she's basically a new woman. A close friend of hers, who runs Studio Republic, which is Australia's leading empowerment photo studio, reached out to me yesterday and shared some audio that I'm about to play to you. This audio was recorded earlier this month, so a couple of weeks ago in their photo studio, after Katie had asked them to do a photo shoot for her.
Speaker 1: Now take a listen to this.
Speaker 2: I'm warning you will not be able to get through this audio with a big smile farming on your face.
Speaker 4: It's all about self love, though, I really resonated with empowerment and feeling great within your own skin. I'm going on such a journey in my life. It's taken me like a long time to feel really good in my own skin, and I feel like this is just a good reinforcement of that. Like we get one body, and we get one chance about being like here now in this moment, and I want to do it like shining. I don't want to be all of me one hundred percent. Doing things like this helps bring that out in you, and all in all, I.
Speaker 1: Like what I see.
Speaker 4: I like my curves are like my stretch marks are like saggy bits, the lumpy bits, the good bits at all. The only person that I would to manifest love for is myself right now. Like I feel like if your cup's full, then it can overflow. You're the only one with your journey, You're the only one with your background. You're the only one that's had to pull yourself through the trenches to get where you are, and that's worthy of celebration. It doesn't matter what you look like, so celebrate. That's I'm here celebrating myself. You become your own soulmate. It's constant work to remind yourself to stay anchored in who you are. I've been through my whole life under the pressure of the scrutiny of society telling me what I should be doing as a woman and what I should be should look like as a woman.
Speaker 3: And like the.
Speaker 4: Shoulds of life always like it laid on everyone. Nobody's exempted from it unless you really learned to stand in your own power. So and everything else just fall the way.
Speaker 2: How incredible is the contrast between that first grab from last night's episode to.
Speaker 1: Her now speaking in that photo studio.
Speaker 2: It feels like, as horrible as the Luke stuff is to watch on screen right now, in a bizarre way, there's like a positive.
Speaker 1: In it all.
Speaker 2: And that experience was like the catalyst vocated to look within and work on these insecurities and things that you know she's struggled with and has been drowning in for so long.
Speaker 1: And now look at a literal queen.
Speaker 2: Also, I reckon a lot of us can kind of relate to that, Like we have all had that one person or shit situation or incident in our past that kind of led to our own bottom, and once at that level, we then realized like, nah, fuck this, like we've got a change and we're doing it for ourselves.
Speaker 1: I literally released a book about mine in November.
Speaker 2: And it was like my diary of the last few years, which started the day my husband left me. And when that happened, I just then I was destroyed. I spiraled into sleeping with as many people as possible just to try and get any kind of validation because I felt worthless and all these things I'd struggled with for all of my life, like confidence and a lack of belief, were now so heightened that Yeah, rather than looking within, I was trying to find that validation externally. But then over time, and that's kind of the journey of my book, I was like, oh, maybe like this is what you know, This that incident and him leaving was what I needed to work on these things.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's not exactly like Katie and said, but I think you know what I'm saying. And then yeah, just to wrap this up, I'm just happy for Katie because it seems like she's doing incredible present days. So as we're I watching these scenes and you know, becoming upset and heartbroken for her. Let's remember she's got through that. That was six months ago, and she's killing it now