Speaker 1: Apogee Production. Welcome to the She Rises Podcast. I'm Ashy and I'm Tiana.
Speaker 2: This podcast is about female empowerment and encouraging you to be your biggest, boldest, and most authentic version of yourself.
Speaker 1: We help you shed the shame, grow to new level. We're gonna laugh, cry, and talk about the topics everyone else is too afraid to talk about.
Speaker 2: Get ready for your next level of self. Today's episode is all about grieving old versions of ourselves, which we all go through.
Speaker 1: But before we get into it, share really week, Yes you go first, Yes please. Mine is a new TV series. It's called The Better Sister. It's on Prime. It's got Jessica Bield. Do you guys know she is forty three years old. She looks insane. You've been raving about how good she looks. Oh my god. Her body is like a twenty year old not quite like it's mature and sporty. But I just she looks so fit, healthy and strong. But she's so feminine. She's just hot. I just think she's a babe. Forget what she looks like. I need to have a look like justin to well, yes, like There's just a couple of scenes where she like takes her clothes off and she's in a bran unders and I'm like, damn, turky, butt toned legs, like tone, tummy. She just looks amazing and she's a really great actress.
Speaker 2: Do you think she goes to the gym much takes care of herself?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Steve said to me, is she genetically small? Do you think she works out? And like, look at the tone, Like she trains hard for that body, and I'm sure she like eats really well as well. But yeah, this whole series is about a couple and they split up, they have a kid together. The sister of this girl gets with the ex husband and then the husband gets murdered. There's a son involved, There's twists and turns. You can't figure out who it is. There's so much that was happening behind the scenes of the relationship. The sister's been paining to someone that she's not and it's just every episode there's so much happening. So she love a bit of crime, a bit of mystery, a bit of toxic romance, and she's being on the edge of your seat trying to figure out who did it, like murdered mystery. It's cool interesting. Yeah, really good. I have to write it down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the better sister on Prime my share of the week is is actually something that actually bought for us, which sounds on going. Actually came to me one day and she's like, I got something for you.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm the worst culprit for getting targeted on friggin social media ads of stupid shit and I just buy it. Get so influenced inluenced.
Speaker 2: It comes around the friend of stuff, like here's a little beef teller thing for your face. So this product is called her Plus. They're provided gummies or something like that for your pH balance in your vagina flavored pineapple. So these actually I ended up really loving them. I've been using them for like the last month or so since we got them. Both tried them.
Speaker 1: I love them.
Speaker 2: I think they're amazing. So there's thousands and thousands of reviews of women who experience better sex, better pH balances, making sure that like they're obviously all good down there and that sort of thing. So I personally have found it has made me a little bit more wet for context for anybody who's listening. So that is one of the benefits of the gummies. Gummies so, yeah, I wanted to share them with you guys.
Speaker 1: And I've got no sense in it. I'm not convince they work because when I look at the ingredients and I still bought them, and when I buy them again, they're delicious. Any excuse me to have a lolli if it comes in some sort of item, I'm like, even better, it's better for me. I just tell myself that. But when I look at the back of the ingredients, there isn't much in there. There's pineapple flaving, there's smell atole, there's a little bit of sugar. There's not a lot of things in there. Like, it's definitely not a probotic, isn't it. No, And most probotics they have to be kept in the fridge too. Yes, once they put into a gummy, there's nothing alive in there that can actually build your health back up. So I'm not convinced that they actually help. However, I do really like them, yep. And if it helps me tastes and smell better, I'm like, oh for it.
Speaker 2: That's the big thing, is like it helps you taste and smell and yeah, making sure that your pH is on point basically, And I remember reading on the website and it being from like three female women doctors or something like that have come together to formulate it for women. And I just remember reading the website and be like, oh, that's so cool.
Speaker 1: Be very good marketing, though it could be I'm a marketer's on moment. Twenty thousand reviews. Yeah, and also when you say it makes you more wet, we will a s when the week of our population.
Speaker 2: Yes, so we're like true, you know, but also there's some reviews on there like that too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So anyway, looks.
Speaker 2: If you're struggling even with like sex and intercourse and intercourse, oh my god, I've never said that word.
Speaker 1: In my life. They're delicious, and yeah, give them a go. I will order them again just because they're freaking yum and if anything can help then why not. But I'm just yere, I'm not one hundred percent sure. I feel like when you look into supplements, you go to Flannery as you can really see what's in it, and they call it in the back by a natch path or a nutritionist or I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna have a look on the website, but we'll let you guys know.
Speaker 1: Next minutes, a scam have fake doctors not kidding for the yump. Anyways, moving on, so what are we talking about? Greeting past versions of ourselves and ego deaths and just deaths of our old selves. And this is something we all go through and maybe something you have never reflected on, but we've been through different phases of our lives where have had to kind of let go of a past version. And it can be har sometimes. Even though you know this next level version of yourself is even better. She's more evolved, she's more aware, she's more conscious, she's more flowy, calm, all the good things, there's still parts of your old self that you can grieve. I've had two that I feel the biggest ones of me, and the first was who I was before I became a mother, and there was quite a transition. I felt like, you do almost lose your old self. You have a rebirth. When you birth a child, you are different. It changes you. It changes your perspectives, it changes the way you show up, It changes your body, it changes your life, it changes everything. So I felt like I had to really get to know who I was as a mother and the parts of me that I still wanted to keep around the parts that I did, and I felt like we're maturing. I didn't want to lose the playful side of me, So I felt like I went through a period where I lost all of that and I was grieving this young free like free time, free energy, just end less, do whatever I wanted. I'm sat I love freedom as well, so I really missed that free spirit. I suppose I felt like I needed to be more in control, and I was more stressed and I was more anxious, and I was like, where has that fun, loving, cruisy, sexual, playful, energetic actually gone? She's gone? And is she coming back? And then it was the process of like, Okay, maybe she is gone and she's been rebirthed, but how can I get to know this new version of myself? Who do I want to be? I still want to be playful, I still want to be in touch with my sexuality. I still want to have fun. But it's just going to look and feel different. And it's changed at the different ages of my kids as well. Like the first two or three years at Tarj was just tough. She wasn't there.
Speaker 2: She was like keeping above water, she was deep in it.
Speaker 1: Literally just surviving like I was floating in an ocean full of sharks ready to be eaten. I don't know that's a really bad analogy, but I'm.
Speaker 2: Sure that's how it would have felt in the moment it did.
Speaker 1: I felt like I was just surviving, not thriving, Whereas with Tala, I found I was just way more regulated and I didn't feel like that full death, but I did feel like a new and more evolved version was and I was just more conscious, careful of my energy, and more confident in who I was. And then the second one was when I decided to give up on my career in the Finnis industry, and that was uncomfortable, even though I knew it was the right decision. Like things can be the right decision, it doesn't mean it's not going to be uncomfortable. So you can make move big Bob moves, make big decisions, whether it's ending a marriage or a relationship or a friendship, or quitting a job or leaving an industry that you know so well. It could be the right thing and still be uncomfortable. And that's what it was for me because I wrapped my identity around being the finness girl, so I'm like, who am I now that I'm not that? Why will people want to follow me? Why would they want to engage with me? What else is there about me? Because people have followed me for fitness, for workouts, for routines, for health tips, for food, for recipes. So I had to get to know who I was and then be able to show up authentically to who I was then and there, not just continue posting workouts because that's what everyone had known me for. But it was a massive death of my old self and it was hard to let go of. But I think I moved through that quite quickly because I loved who I was outside of the fitness industry, but I had to take space to figure out who that was and what I enjoyed and what I wanted to do moving forward. I found that more enjoyable as well as greeting it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like there were a few moments, like few finding moments throughout that process, but I feel like you did handle that quite well. It was just a couple of moments in time where you're like, oh, right now, it's feeling like a lot, and then yeah, we talk about it, process it, you know, and then you get closer and closer to what you actually wanted as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's like announcing something and doing something. And I remember actually like fully handing everything over to Levi, and I'm so glad that he was my business partner. I could hand it to someone who I know loves it so much. We'd built it together, were't going to just sell it to anyone and take over my name. It was handing it to someone who had helped build it. So I felt really good for that. But it was still like, oh, that's not mine anymore. All that work, all that time, the community, like the forums, the programs, the back end systems, the website, everything is just not mine anymore. And it felt like sad and uncomfortable. But also this is right and I'm excited for him to see what he does with it. So yeah, it was interesting.
Speaker 2: That was a big transition for you.
Speaker 1: It was, but it gave me more space to see, Yeah, who I wanted to be, what aligned with me, and what I want to do next, which has been part of the podcast, and giving some more energy to hide away. And it's been fun. I love it.
Speaker 2: You've come more and more into yourself. You've let all of these old chapters and things that aren't really feeling like not aligned, but not where you want to direct your energy anymore. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I love teaching, I always do, and I still love fitness, and if I got asked to run a big boot camp on stage or something, I'll probably say yes. But it's not all of who I am, and it's not all of what I wanted to do anymore. The podcast gave me a platform and a voice to be able to talk about other things that are really important to me, because it's not just about health and fitness. There's so much more to me and to life than just talking about food and exercise. So it's really cool that I can still have that passion and there's still a high value of mine, but I could talk about so many other things that are important conversations to have with women. So yeah, it's so beautiful as well.
Speaker 2: The way you've described it is like there's this grieving process but it's also equal parts beauty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a duality, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it sounds like you've had that moment where you've had to grieve and let go and be willing to let go of the certainty of something yes, to go into the unknown definitely come out on the other side of something really beautiful.
Speaker 1: And there's the financial side of it too. Yeah, anyone in a career transition or you start a business or give up a full time job to go out, card at your side, hustle or whatever, like that's a big thing. Yeah, let go of as well. There's so many layers to letting go of the old version of yourself that you have to work through and take risks and back yourself and just on a where you're.
Speaker 2: At right now and trust that you're making the right discay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, moment you know in your body though we always say this, when you actually stop, take a moment, slow down, breathe, just like recenter, connect with yourself. The answers are there. And I got all those answers when I was in hospital. Yeah, I had forty eight hours where I was like twiddling my thumbs, no distractions, no kids around. I was like, oh my gosh, this is what I need to do. But I've been putting it off for a while. I remember months before I even found out my brain on nurism, I was just so unhappy. It's crying to Steve all the time. I couldn't figure out why I was waking up not wanting to go to work. Everything felt hard. I didn't feel motivated. Yeah, I loved active wear, but I didn't love selling it anymore. I felt like I was just constantly selling, selling, selling, and I'd built a brand that was off my name and that's how we sold organically. All of it just didn't feel good anymore. Yeah, it was a strange thing to feel. But when you give yourself that space, the answers are there, and then you get a choice if you're honor them. So Mike Drop, like, what about you? What old versions of you have you had to say goodbye to and reinvent yourself and get to know who Tiana is now?
Speaker 2: Oh, reinvent myself. I feel like I've reinvented myself a million times.
Speaker 1: I love that. Yeah, but on you for being open to change.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's hard and uncomfortable, but it's also a really empowering thing as well, because the way that I like to see it is like, Wow, I have the opportunity for me to completely transform the current life that I'm living into some thing that actually feels a line for me and is like the reflection of who I want to be as a woman. You know, Like, if I could look at all the different variations of Tiana that.
Speaker 1: I've over the years, it's like a whirlwind. I would have loved seen younger vig.
Speaker 2: God, she's been busy, you know. I think probably the biggest transition for me when I was younger, I would say, the most like pivot one that kind of started all of the other was transitioned from party girl to self development. Yeah, growth consciousness. That was the biggest one. That was the biggest one that triggered all of the rest of them. That's cool, and that was a powerful one for me because I almost went from this version of myself who was one very unaware, very selfish, self led, didn't really care victim, Yeah, victim just was very self focused that I was like, just wanted to do what I wanted to do. I wanted to have what I wanted to have, you know, and everything was very quite self level. And then I went from that version of myself to somebody who started to gain more self awareness, realize myself, realize my patterns, realize my impact on other people and other people's impact on me. And that transition, even though it was a positive one, I went through like a grieving process.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: It's like I was letting go of the care free this is the story I had. I was letting go of the care free version of me who didn't really care, who had very little responsibility, Yeah, to becoming this woman who now cared about what everybody thought, cared about the decisions that I made, who I impacted, how I impacted them, how much impact I would create on other people in the world. And so it went from like a I almost aggrieved this real like care free version of my Yeah. And it was just a really interesting thing because even though I knew it was going to be good for me, I just had this story that carefree Tianna didn't get to come with me. Yeah, but that's not necessarily true. Carefree Tiana did come with me. She just showed up differently, you know, cool, instead of being careless and reckless and you know, didn't really care for consequences and things like that. I just be honestly whatever, Yeah, it'll sort of self out, that's fine. It was not absolutely not fine, Absolutely not fine. Yeah, the carefree version of me showed up in a different way. And so there was a grieving process of even though that version of me wasn't good for me, I still had to grieve that part of me. Yeah, I degrieve the version of me who loved to drink, who went out, who partied, who you know, loved attention from guys, who didn't take herself seriously. I had to grieve all of those parts of me that actually weren't serving me. But then I got to let that go and evolve into like a more beautiful version of myself, which I'm really really proud of. But I don't think people talk about that enough. It's like, when you're grieving bad habits, bad choices, bad actions, you know, unhealthy ways of thinking, you're grieving that part of you as well.
Speaker 1: And I'm assuming when you went through that process, did you also kind of have to disconnect from the party friends because you were doing different things. So you're not only grieving your old party, fun, care free Tiana, but you have to grieve the friendships you're going to lose because that's how they connect and that's how you guys have fun and do things. Have to grieve them as well.
Speaker 2: This is a conversation I actually had the other night, and I love that you said that because at every point in my journey. Whenever I have been drinking, I have lost those friends. But because they're not actually my friends' friends, they're my party friends.
Speaker 1: So the connections more surface level. It's not like that actually real authentic deep connection at all. Great got at all.
Speaker 2: Those people were meeting me on the same level that I was at, so migration, Yeah, it was surface level. It was let's go out for the weekend and go have fun and go stay in the city, and you know, we wouldn't even go get breakfast the next morning. Yeah, you know, So it wasn't deep connection getting to know each other, being there for each.
Speaker 1: Other front conversation instead of yeah, and.
Speaker 2: Then it's drama, you know, being there through all the chaos and all that sort of stuff. But outside of that, was there really any substance to the friendship. No, So yes, you grieve the version of you who was that, who attracted that, who liked that, and then you grieve the version of you who was choosing to be friends with all these people who weren't really choosing you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So that was a really big one for me, and the first one that really changed the trajectory of my life. Like I'm so grateful. I remember going through that transition and thinking, oh my god, I've been sleeping my whole life. I feel like I'm finally waking up.
Speaker 1: I sleep walking through life, yeah.
Speaker 2: And just having this new profound awareness of myself and my life. I was like, oh my god, like this is what life's about. Yeah, So that was really cool for me. I would say there's two other ones, but the one that I kind of want to point out is the one that has been the most recent for me, from coach Tiana to more mem.
Speaker 1: I love this one.
Speaker 2: This has been a really cool transition for me. I feel like for the longest time in my business, which has been like about four years now, I have hid behind coach Tiana.
Speaker 1: Explain that who is coach Tiana.
Speaker 2: So coach Tianna is very like well put together, very educated, know to shit, yeah, very well presented, and it's kind of like the very professional Tiana, if I could label it, you know, like you go into an office well dressed, well kept, speaks well, presents themselves well. And that for me has been kind of like my coach Tiana and my persona. Yeah, and I haven't intentionally meant to do that, but what I noticed is that I was like hiding behind the version of me who was just a coach. And it's not a bad thing, but it was like that became my world. It became my everything, and I really didn't make a lot of space for every other facet of who I am as a woman. And then I started to come and do this podcast and do things like this and show more of myself.
Speaker 1: And then I.
Speaker 2: Started to realize that I was almost like grieving coach Tiana, because whilst yes, there is an element of that being me, it's not all of me. Yeah, but I was presenting myself as.
Speaker 1: All of that. You had to grieve that for yourself, but also your online presence and like introduce these news parts of you, and I know there was fear for you around will people accept this? Like will they like this kind of content? And then when you didn't get as many views whatever, you be like, oh my people want my coaching videos. Yes. And it's been this dip in and out of just being like, Okay, well, I just have to show up as me, regardless of the numbers, regardless of what people may think, like I want to show all these sides for me because this is me and that's what I thought.
Speaker 2: I had this story that people only wanted to see me as Coach Tiana. Yeah, and so I posted three times a day and I was posting only talking videos on the educational based content. And yeah, it felt easy to do that, easy to be presented as that, but it also didn't feel fully authentic either.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: Fun, it wasn't as fun. Yeah, I don't get me wrong, I love it. Yeah, I really get a huge kick out of it. Mentally, it stimulates me so much. I'm like fuck, yeah, yeah, but it was becoming less and less fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're finding the balance of incorporating all of it.
Speaker 2: I literally thought that people wouldn't follow me anymore if I wasn't Coach Tiana.
Speaker 1: I was like the opposite. They want to see more of you, and you know, I get to see you behind the scenes and wan everyone else to experience this version of you.
Speaker 2: And I had a story that, like, I wouldn't be interesting enough to follow if I wasn't teaching them something.
Speaker 1: Yes, you know.
Speaker 2: So that's been me on learning that story and really grieving like the persona that is Coach Tiana and knowing that like I can still be Coach Tiana but I don't have to change who I am to do it, yeah, you know, and then showing all different sides of my human as well, and like that's allowed and welcomed. And the more that I've done that, the more authentic I feel, the more myself I feel, the easier it feels to discern who were for me, who were not, and all that sort of stuff. That's really cool a refinement process of that. So I felt like I really had to grieve that version of me, but in the best way because grieving that version of me allowed me to find more of me. Yes, and now the things that we even talk about on the podcast, Coach Gianna would have never shared that, But when I think about what I do, I'm like, of course that makes sense. Like my clients say to me all the time on our one on one sessions how much they love when I share openly about my personal experiences. But do I do that on social media before? No?
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely not.
Speaker 2: But it's when they get into the container and my this softer, vulnerable version of me that I actually am that's really cool. So that's been a really pivotal thing for me recently.
Speaker 1: That's beautiful. Another thing we want to touch on too, is like not only grieving old versions of yourself, but grieving past relationships. Yeah. I don't know if you've heard this before. I think it's a relationship coach that Steve and I saw. I think I was just asking him questions about couples he works with, and he said, in a male female relationship, when they break up, the woman has normally like grieved the relationship for at least a year prior, so when it comes to breaking up, she's ready to go. But for the male comes a bit of the shock, and then he goes through his grieving process as it's happening. So he's like, you do look like you don't even care, and she's like, I've been caring for over a year and you haven't taken notice. And I feel like in a friendship dynamic, that's happened to me as I've grieved the friendship while we're still friends, even though I know the friendship isn't aligned or isn't lighting me up for Our conversations are different because we've changed, we've become mothers now, we're just going on different paths. We've got different things going to laugh where our opinions have changed, and I've noticed that in a particular friendship dynamic that it just wasn't feeling good anymore. It wasn't anything bad happened, it just wasn't feeling aligned. But I were desperate to make that friendship work, so I just I remember feeling the grief of like I wish we could just go back to how connected were you used to be, But the connection's not there, and I can't put my finger on exactly what it is, but I remember grieving that friendship and then like as time went on, we spent less and less time together and now we don't really talk. There was that whole grieving process. Because you change, they change, the situation, change, life changes. It's just a part of the journey, unfortunately. But reaving relationship dynamics is really tough as well. And I've done that with Steve as well. You know, when I first met Steve to who he is now, he used to be so you wouldn't believe. It's so social, so extroverted. He was the glue. Steve would organize everything without big crew, with a crew of twenty friends, would do everything together on the weekends, parties like events. He was organized a big limo and organize everyone's drinks and like book the restaurants and if Steve didn't go, no one went, like it was him. And now he's so anti social and just wants to be home with his kids and live dad life. But yet there's grieving. Oh okay, that was an old version of him. Now now he's grown involved and values different things. And I remember going through those pros and it wasn't like a, oh, I don't lie this new version. It's like, oh, it's just different. So our relationship dynamic changes then, And I'm sure there's been times where he's felt like that with me where I've changed and gone through motherhood and postpart and depression and then found my spark again and you know, changed my careers and I've found different versions of myself. It's like it can be hard equally as exciting as equally grieving it and.
Speaker 2: Doing it with somebody else as well, because you're navigating through different people, not just one. Yeah, when you go through your own interunnel shifts, you're experiencing it on your own, you're like, wow, okay, I'm growing. But like when you have another person in the mix, Yeah, you have to get to know each other all over again.
Speaker 1: Definitely.
Speaker 2: Imagine it's been like that throughout the seventeen years. Yep.
Speaker 1: And even work relationships, like I've worked with a lot of friends over the years, and when they don't work for me anymore and the friendship fizzles out, I'm like, oh, that was a work friendship. Oh that wasn't a proper friendship. It was really hard, and I had to grieve what I thought our friendship was. And I had to obviously turn it around to just be like in acceptance and gratitude for that season. Yeah, some people I just meant to be your life for a season or a reason, and that work friendship it was that, you know. And other work friendships have continued on, like Mega worked for me, she's a PA for a while, and we've continued our friendship and it's beautiful. But there has been some that once they have gone and never hear from them, or it's like every now and again, a little swipe up and I'm like, oh, we're not as close as what we work.
Speaker 2: That's hard though, when you have that realization and you're like all of that coasty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you've just here to work. But that's also Okay, they serve their purpose and did an amazing job at their job when you're better do it without them, and you provided them a job.
Speaker 2: Now you're just in different seasons. Yeah, and it just so happens that you're just on different paths. Yeah, different places.
Speaker 1: And they'll make new work friends and go and have those friendships and that might be for a season two and that's cool and it's what it is. But the grief is real. Yeah, that's what we want to talk about and acknowledge because a lot of people don't talk about this, Like I've never heard anyone talk about this. True. Soonet anyone listening to be like, you're not alone. Yeah, we go through this too, do you'll go through this everyone? Many of people are. Yeah, so true.
Speaker 2: Like what you said about what happens in friendships, I've had that in relationships.
Speaker 1: We you have it in friendships. I have it in relationships. Talk about this all the time. This is a common conversation with anxiousness around relationships. You're into it, mind's friendship?
Speaker 2: Yes, Oh my god, I'm like anxious Tiana in a relationship is not confident Tiana.
Speaker 1: And anxious Ashley is not confident in friendship and it stems back to like literally primary school and when you're younger. There so many reasons why we like this, but it's so real and it's so hard.
Speaker 2: Is I've had that experience you mentioned before around grieving a relationship before actually leaving the relationship. Yes, because it is that you're fighting for the connection to stay plugged in that you're like over extending yourself and you're you know, overcompensating for the other person where they're not showing up or where you think that they're not showing up. Yeah, like keep the glue.
Speaker 1: To the relationship.
Speaker 2: And then I feel like this thing happens internally where you just shift.
Speaker 1: You do, but it can't explain it.
Speaker 2: No, But it's a long progression. It's like a build up of time and time again feeling something and then you just and you unplug right and then you're just like, oh, I get it now, this isn't it. But that grieving process, Yes, you just know, I think, because it doesn't matter what point in the grieving process you are, or what the reasoning is or how the contact of the situation is, it hurts the same.
Speaker 1: It does. It is such a good point. It hurts the same.
Speaker 2: It does whether you're being broken up with and it's the person you want to spend your life with. The grieving process is hard. Whether you're the person doing it. The grieving process is hard. Whether it's a friendship, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: Like the grieving process is hard.
Speaker 2: Oh, shit is uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: I remember asking this is so offt topic. I remember asking you, But it's just interesting because I haven't been broken up with. I've only done the breaking up. Remember I asked you, and I asked Steve too, what's harder being broken up with or you doing the breaking up? What did you say?
Speaker 2: I think I said being broken up with, and.
Speaker 1: Steve said the same thing. Because you're out of control and you have no choice, So you might want to be with that person. Yeah, and you have no choice but to move on. I definitely think.
Speaker 2: It's harder, especially if you're in love with the person, predicted the future vision of your life with them and all that sort of stuff. I do think it's harder. But also when somebody else breaks up with you and they're honest with you, it allows you to kind of detach. I feel like if they're honest with you, you can kind of like okay, like I respect myself enough to know that this person will want to be with me.
Speaker 1: That's okay. You're as conscious as what you are, Like most people would not find that.
Speaker 2: Otherwise, I find if you're the one doing the breaking up and that person still wants you, you have to have really strong boundaries. I think it's sometimes to go guilty. You feel guilty, it's easy to go back and entertain it because it feels nice and all the things. I don't know that makes sense.
Speaker 1: It does. I've always done the brain if I only had three partners, but my two before Steve, like I broke up with them, Yeah, and I just felt like I was destroying their world and I felt so guilty and it was an awful feeling. But then when Steve explained it on the other end, it's like when you want to be with someone and they don't want to be with you, you can't do anything to change their mind, and then you feel you don't want to beg for them, but you kind of do because you want them so much, and you'll do anything for them. You'll abandon yourself just to make it work because you love them so much. She's like, it's the worst feeling in the world.
Speaker 2: Because you're willing to do well whatever to make it work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then they're just like, Nope, this is my decision.
Speaker 2: You know something else on the topic of grieving, Yeah, the past relationship of mine. When I left that relationship, I felt like I had to grieve the version of myself that I was when I was with him.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah. I loved who I was.
Speaker 2: When I was with him, Yeah, in terms of how I showed up, my level of commitment, all of these things. And then when I wasn't with him, I thought, oh my god, if I'm not with him anymore, I'm going to lose this version of myself. Yeah, And so I felt like, in a way, I actually did have to grieve a version of me that I was when I was with him, because one, I wasn't being my authentic self fully, not one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: And then I yeah, I had.
Speaker 2: To grieve yeah, yeah, the parts of me that kind of left with him.
Speaker 1: That makes sense, Does that make sense? I think a lot of people will be able to relate to that. Yeah. Oh. It's a lot of grief in general, And no matter what situation, grief is just it hurts the same. It does it had the same We all go through it, we all experience it. That's something collectively that we all have to go.
Speaker 2: Through, and we'll be here crying to each other and grieving more future things.
Speaker 1: So come join us, Come join us, sir, Thank you, come again, So thank you for joining us. We hope you love that episode. We'd love also if you guys love any of our episodes. If you wanted to leave a review on Apple or Spotify, I really appreciate it. Help support our podcast. We love to grow it and get more guests on and keep expanding and reaching out to more people, or even screen shot upload it to your socials and tag us. We love seeing that as well. If you just scroll right down to the bottom, you can leave a star review and leave a written a review, and we really appreciate it. It's really nice to read the nice ones amongst some of the not so nice.
Speaker 2: That's right, and also as well, you know you're leaving a review might be the reason why someone looks at the podcast and go oh wow, yeah, like if this a chance and that can help one more woman who is you know, feeling lost or feeling like she needs a little bit more support going through something hard and we would really appreciate that. So thanks guys, we will see you in the next episode. Bye.