Speaker 1: Apodhape Production. Welcome back to another episode of am I A Bad Mom Podcast? And actually the final episode before Christmas.
Speaker 2: It's been a hell of yet like meaning positive. The positive of this is that we've had some mighty big milestones this year.
Speaker 1: So Gracie's last year of primary.
Speaker 2: School, Yeah, graduating, she's all.
Speaker 1: Done after high school. She goes off, she goes.
Speaker 2: I think the line of that week was like.
Speaker 3: Sea, I hope you get eaten alive in there on a transition day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, such a good mum off.
Speaker 1: She goes with new shoes and new attitude. I look back at twenty twenty four, I was like, wow, that was a big year as a parent too. My kids have both got jobs. Yeah, so they're both working, which is something that I wanted for so long.
Speaker 2: That's then driving and then driving. Yeah, it's been a huge year.
Speaker 3: And they're now like seniors technically seniors of the school. Eleven and twelve going into eleven and twelve, aren't they So that's the seniors of the school.
Speaker 2: They become the seniors.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Elsie girl is pumped for what twenty twenty five, So she's.
Speaker 1: Going into seniors, isn't she.
Speaker 3: She's going into grade five. Yeap, and she's ready. She's ready to be at a school by herself. Kind of weird, but yeah, she's had.
Speaker 2: Another great, stellar year. And it's crazy.
Speaker 3: We're wrapping up to drop offs for you and for the first time in our schooling lives.
Speaker 2: So it'd be what like seven years of school.
Speaker 3: Next year will be the first year that I'll actually have to drive for drop off or pick up.
Speaker 2: I've had a good run.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you'd think I was late just walking across the oval.
Speaker 2: Let's wait to see what twenty twenty five will bring, and.
Speaker 1: Let's see how long it takes for you to work out the school bus.
Speaker 3: Am I a bad mum for going full detective mode? Yeah, this son is one of our friends that has gone all in.
Speaker 2: With detective mode.
Speaker 3: So can you imagine getting a word on the street that your son, whom is in high school has had their phone stolen from their own locker?
Speaker 1: Oh at school?
Speaker 2: At school, and I take it the locker wasn't locked.
Speaker 3: No, the lockers apparently were locked, and it wasn't just his. There was a group of like lockers hit and this is a proper private school, Like, yeah, this is the thing though, this kid whoever stolen the phone. It was just like that thing that you go, oh, mate, you stole the wrong phone because mom is straight onto it.
Speaker 2: But Dad is also a police officer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, probably didn't want to steal that one. No, Dad gets wind of it, and obviously mum's already like onto school and doing all of that stuff. So Dad straight onto it, goes to like look for the.
Speaker 2: Phone on Find your iPhone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and his son has turned off thinking he was a real smug, turned off the location settings, so there's no Find your iPhone on. So number one son is in big trouble. Yeah, Dad has like then gone straight into oh.
Speaker 2: Live three sixty. Yeah.
Speaker 3: As soon as Dad looked at that, he could see exactly where that person was with the phone house address, exact house. You can literally see it on the little map with like this exact address is where this phone is.
Speaker 1: So that's a real like rookie error for the thief because it's like, maye, you've stolen the phone, but we know where you are.
Speaker 3: I see the dad the day after and he's still on the phone to the actual school, going look, I'm giving you another chance to get this phone.
Speaker 2: I know the exact location. I know the exact address.
Speaker 1: Like the school would know if he gives them the address, the school would then surely be able to I mean, I don't know how hard that is for them to find, Like they could type it in or.
Speaker 3: They know exactly who it is because they've got the address of the property that the.
Speaker 2: Phone is at. Yeah, and you just link that.
Speaker 3: Back to the child who lives there that goes to the school.
Speaker 2: Like it was pretty Yeah.
Speaker 1: But what I mean is like, how like without going through five hundred kids addresses? Yeah, Like, is there a way where they can.
Speaker 2: Reco don't know.
Speaker 3: The other thing I had said to the dad was why didn't you just turn up to the house with your badge and a gun and just go right in your gun? The kid would never steal again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you would just have like.
Speaker 3: That moment while I would if that was me as a kid, where you'd be like, Wow, my whole life changed because.
Speaker 2: I would never do that again. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Also, with Life through sixty, you can see if the phone is charged, how much battery's left.
Speaker 2: He goes.
Speaker 3: I can see that whoever has got this is now charging it, and now at the same time, whilst they're charging it, like he could see it move around the house, go into the backyard, like all of this intricate detail that this kid's probably got no fucking idea that this is happening.
Speaker 2: Maybe they do well.
Speaker 1: This kid's like super excited he's got new phones.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But so this is the funniest part is the dad is sending message, oh, texting their phone, going mate, you've had a chance, Like we know exactly where the phone is, we know your exact addressed, Like, you've got a chance to return.
Speaker 1: This was the kid responding to the text nothing. No, because his kid's probably going shit, like what am I going to do now? Because his parents probably don't know that he's been stealing phones.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or ransacking other people's lockers. No. Fast forward the day and then in the afternoon we find out that he has got his phone back. And so what happened was I think maybe over the few text messages that he possibly had received from the dad via this phone, and I would imagine obviously a lot of other things going on, this particular child has returned it back to the school and said he has no idea how it got to the bottom of his bag. Someone else must have broken into the lockers and shoved it into his.
Speaker 1: Bag, and that someone else was also charging it, like walking around the house, taking it into the guard.
Speaker 3: Going into the back garden with the child has obviously gotten to the point of going, oh, I'm not going to get out of this. Come up with then a plan to be able to lie a bit more, and then returned it back to the school.
Speaker 1: See like, that's great, and it's great that he's got his phone back, but I can't help but be disappointed that no one showed up to the house, and like, because how much would you want to see that kid's face? Yeah, when you go in uniform, my son's phone is missing, and Life three sixty says it's here. Like imagine saying that to the parent that opens the front door and seeing the kid.
Speaker 3: That's what I thought might have happened.
Speaker 2: And I don't think obviously that.
Speaker 3: This particular dad was allowed to do that, not as a police officer, but you could have gone just as a normal dad, like with you don't show you.
Speaker 2: That particular dad also was out on his Christmas party on the night that.
Speaker 3: On the night that had happened, and I was like, oh gosh, this could go anyways, Imagine it was out with all of his work mates Christmas party right over right, O, blokes, let's go and get my phone.
Speaker 1: Police will jump out in a meat wagon.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh my gosh, if this did happen, it would be priceless.
Speaker 2: Imagine the kid's face.
Speaker 3: You would be horrified to see that happening, and rolling over a phone.
Speaker 1: That kid would be absolutely hot, Because what do you say in that moment? I'm so sorry I broke into your locker. And while you're here, I've got seven other phones just in case they've all got Live three sixty.
Speaker 2: I said that.
Speaker 3: I was like, this is a great way of seeing that. Obviously Live stree sixty actually does work. That's great for those reasons. The intricate detail of like exact locations, the exact address, like it's even got like the image of a house, how much of the land.
Speaker 2: It takes, like it's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just opening Life through sixty.
Speaker 2: Now your kids are still in bed.
Speaker 1: Yeah they absolutely are. No network or phone switched off since nine fifty six pm yesterday. Yeah, lazy fuck is still in and I know that because of life scuse. If they were awake, then they would be on their phones and they would be on. You know what else I can do. I can speak to the Google Home and I can shout wake up.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, get out of bed.
Speaker 3: My other last question to the Live three sixty is can they like location services?
Speaker 2: Can it be turned off?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: From their end, Yeah, they can turn it off.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: This is where you're gotta trust them or you've got to hammer in the story about stolen mobile phones and if you ever switch that off, you're not getting your phone back.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Ever, goodbye.
Speaker 1: Ever through sixty outsmarted him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, gotcha that smart.
Speaker 1: Smart lazy kids still in bed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't kids, don't get lay well.
Speaker 1: Have a merry Christmas, everybody. Yeah, Marry New Year, and we will see you on January sixth.
Speaker 2: Stay sane, stay healthy, don't forget.
Speaker 3: Obviously, wine sometimes can be the answer, not every time.
Speaker 2: Mostly depends how the kids are going for the day.