Speaker 1: It's Thursday, Jack, and it's not just any old Thursday. Why do you look so nervous?
Speaker 2: Because usually I love a Thursday, but today I'm very I have a lot of nervous, anxious energy.
Speaker 1: Of course, we are talking about Jack making his catwalk debut in PayPal Melbourne Fashion Festival, and I want you to flip the script, okay, because you know, even though you are a very young man, it's very rare to be given the opportunity to do something that you've never done before. And let me tell you, it gets rarer and rarer as your life goes on. And if you've learnt anything from me, is that every opportunity that you get you must.
Speaker 2: Say yes, yes. And that's what that was a big mantle for me in twenty twenty five. Hence I said yes to this. But now that the day is here, I'm questioning my yes.
Speaker 1: No excite the excited will tomorrow will be just another ordinary day that today a great day. And it feels like a destination wedding is about to happen. You know, Lucy has arrived from Adelaide. I'm sure Isabella and Jane, these are our winners from the from the competition to come along to the show. Maybe they're getting a you know, a little blowway. Maybe they're getting their nails done. Our sunglasses have arrived from Specsavers. We're all going to be kitted out in the same dark glass.
Speaker 2: And they are fantastic. Thank you Spec Savers. Swannee, you've shown me them before. You're going to actually look like Chris Jenner and I cannot wait.
Speaker 1: I can't wait either. I wish I had her work.
Speaker 2: Hey, we've also got Miguel Maestray joining us. Is that how you say his last name? Is that maestro?
Speaker 1: Yes, Miguel Miguel Maestra.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's joining us after three o'clock because he's going to be doing the runway alongside me.
Speaker 1: Is there nothing he can't do?
Speaker 2: Literally? And also, of course it's Thursday, so we've still got to do sweeping statements. Start thinking of your unpopular opinions, because we're going to be asking you for them very soon.
Speaker 1: The Chrissy Swan Show. I'm not going to do an hour by our account done to your Catwalk debut. Let's get our mind off things, shall we, Swans. Sweeping statements. I mean, my sweeping statement is if you're not a model sturf the cat. Oh no, that's right. Twenty four ten gives a call with your sweeping statement, your unpopular opinion. I'm going to go first. Please, telehealth appointments with your doctor should be at least half price, at.
Speaker 2: Least strong sweeping statement.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I cannot believe a peg had an ear infection recently. She went to the doctor in person because the doctor had to look at the ear obviously. Then about a week later she was in so much pain. I called up the doctor and I said, you know, made the telehealth appointment, and I said, we're gonna need some painkillers, proper ones, because this child hasn't slept in ten days. E script came through. It was literally three minutes.
Speaker 2: Oh was it a song? I was here when you did that, right, exactly, It wasn't even three minutes. I reckon we were We would have been two minutes.
Speaker 1: Ninety dollars.
Speaker 2: You were not charged for that whack.
Speaker 1: That is outrageous. A there should be a little follow up, freebie. I agree if it's the same condition to at least half price for telehealth appointments, and.
Speaker 2: Like, I think half price is fair. I get it. It's still they're still doctors and they spoke to you. But a full fee for like a half fifteen minute doctors point prageous.
Speaker 1: That is outrageous the first time I've paid it either.
Speaker 2: Don't you think as well? When you've got like a family doctor and you've got that long relationship with them, like, it's kind of jarring when they do that, because it's like, hey, I thought we were meets.
Speaker 1: And also where was the prescription at the first one? Exactly?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's frustrating, really annoy. Okay, My sweeping statement is if you are am seeing a wedding or hosting something, never should this sentence be uttered. For those of you that don't know me, oh my god, absolutely, it drives me insane. So it's like if I were to say, say you were getting married, Yeah, well, and I said, huh, hi guys. For those of you that don't know me, my name is Jack and I've been friends with Chrissy for the last decade. No no, no, just hi, guys, my name is Jack and I've been friends with Creasy for the last decade.
Speaker 1: Read Because also you're at a wedding. Obviously whoever is getting married has spoken about the MC You're not a stranger to anyone.
Speaker 2: No, And if you happen to be when you say, hey, guys, my name is Jack, you're no longer strugging exactly.
Speaker 1: We've heard about him. He's the model.
Speaker 2: Stop that, okay. Thirteen twenty four to ten. What is your sweeping statement.
Speaker 1: The Chrissy Swan Show. It's Thursday on the Christy Swan Show on Nova, and that means this Swan's sweeping stents.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: This is the home of all your unpopular opinions. This is a safe place for you to land. You can say whatever you want. Indeed, I've just said that, telling her the appointments should be half priced.
Speaker 2: I think that's reasonable and fair with your doctor.
Speaker 1: I just don't know how they can justify it.
Speaker 2: Well, when yes for a two minute phone call, how is it the same as a fifteen minute in person chat.
Speaker 1: I do not know. Having said that, they are very convenient, you don't have to wait in the waiting room or anything. Anyway, should still spe should be hard.
Speaker 2: Price agreed, And if you are am seeing or hosting something, when you introduce yourself, you should never say for those of you that don't know me, you should just say, hey, my name is Jack, and I've known chriasy for the last decade.
Speaker 1: I agree one hundred percent. Hello Jamie, Hey guys, are we so good? What is your sweeping statement?
Speaker 3: As far as suck, they're terrible?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, these are fighting words. How long have you had it for? I bought one about six months ago. And what have you tried to cook in it? Almost everything?
Speaker 2: Well, I've done.
Speaker 1: I've done the kids, the basic chicken notice and the chips, and I try to pork in there. Nothing tastes good coming out of it. Really, I think you might be doing it wrong. I hope so.
Speaker 3: I hope it gets better because at the moment it sucks.
Speaker 1: Can I tell you what? Can I sell you? What the best thing is? This is the best hack and everyone should do it. When you go and get do you are you a hot chip lover? I mean you're human? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: So what you do is you buy a next time. We just saw you get minimum chips, get an extra minimum chips, and you don't eat them, and you put them in the freezer and then you put them in the air fry frozen. They taste exactly the same way as they do when they come out of the shop. I like that. That is a hack.
Speaker 4: It's a little cheat.
Speaker 1: I like that one. And it's seven minutes everything seven minutes. All right, that's your all thumb on the air fry. Everything is seven minutes, Jane. Okay, I'll have to regive it another go then, yeah, call me, call me Jamie.
Speaker 2: What's your baby's name?
Speaker 1: Cassidy too nice? I love that name.
Speaker 2: We're going to send your Banker's Delight voucher, and you in Cassidy can go and get some afternoon snacks.
Speaker 1: Awesome, Thank you guys. Good on you, Jamie. That's they're fighting words about their front No savage Caramela. Hello's just sweeping statement, mo love.
Speaker 3: Dogs should not be allowed in shopping centers, stores, shops, bunning cafes, anywhere dead dogs keep them home.
Speaker 2: Can I add apartment complexes to that?
Speaker 3: Well, yeah she can if you like Jack, because that's cruel. I agree with you.
Speaker 2: There, he is cruel. That's why I don't like it.
Speaker 1: And how does that affect you? Sorry, that sounded very accusatory, But Jack, how does it affect you?
Speaker 2: Because when I get home or if I'm home in the morning and the person that owns the dog is out. It's locked on the balcony all day barking, and I don't think it's fair that a dog is locked on a balcony.
Speaker 3: In an apartment so sad to see.
Speaker 2: It's actually just cruel and it's too small of a space for a labrador.
Speaker 3: I agree.
Speaker 1: I agree. Having said that, imagine I would love that. I'd love someone to lock me on a balcony myself.
Speaker 3: I mean, you're a human, Christy. See what we're doing to these animals. We're confusing the animals, making them think they're they're not dogs anymore. They're humans. Do what we do.
Speaker 1: How nice would it be, though, just alone on a balcony, nothing to do but scroll the I live alone.
Speaker 2: Chris all good, I'm all good, Jump off the balcony.
Speaker 1: It's controversial to say that they're not allowed in Bunnings, and that they're not. I mean, you know, what's so, what's a tradeing without his dog?
Speaker 3: What most trades? It's not the trades anymore than they're taking him. It's the normal carry shopping and they've got their little poodles sitting in the trolley. I'm like, come on, it's a dog. Treat it like a dog. You're computing the poor animal.
Speaker 2: Baker's Delight voucher for you. Come, let's finish with stilp turn your mind. Hello fella, Bhi guys.
Speaker 1: This is controversial. What's your sweeping statement?
Speaker 2: Yep, my one is paper products are better than plastic.
Speaker 1: I want the specifics of these products that you're talking about, because you cannot possibly be talking about straws. Pardon you cannot possibly be talking about straws.
Speaker 2: Yep, I am Philip.
Speaker 1: Are you all right in the head? The creepiest one show, the creepiest one show, very exciting day, indeed, let's do.
Speaker 2: Australia's largest PayPal Meldan Fashion Festival is back in March. Tickets PayPal MFF still gone to you.
Speaker 1: Jack's vivcs. How many minutes such out?
Speaker 2: Yeh hon't what is it now? It's nearly so it's two three thirty six hours until it's so exciting struck my stuff and hope you don't follow over.
Speaker 1: Of course we're talking about you making your fashion debut as a catwalk model at the PayPal Melbourne Fashion Festival. This is such a big deal, such a wonderful opportunity. I can't wait to be their front and center in my fancy black suit with my fancy black shades. I'm still a hundred I'm not one hundred percent sure about the music, and I think it's important. And I know I've been harping on about pread to Porte, which is really my only kind of fashion reference. I think from the nineties. There is an epic scene and the supermodels are walking out, almost like they're in a daze. They're really like low key and whatever, shuffling around and and the song is this.
Speaker 2: Fine. I love the Cranberries, so do I young.
Speaker 1: Moody yeah, and they're like they're just shuffling around, like, oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Too cool for school.
Speaker 1: I'm one of the most beautiful women in the world. Whatever. That would be cool, I reckon.
Speaker 2: I would love to do this with like a smoke machine. Yes, and then people kind of half can't see me walking alright.
Speaker 1: See who else is going to be watching this debut. It's you, Jane. Oh my goodness, I know it's so exciting, so excited. Have you got an outfit planned? I mean, because it is about you as well, Jane, I.
Speaker 2: Have a millionaires in outfits planned in my head.
Speaker 1: I've got this fantastic have you ever been to a proper fashion show catwalk thing? No?
Speaker 5: Never?
Speaker 1: Man, Well, are gonna love ourselves sick? Now? Have you got a musical suggestion for Jack to to pump him up and make him feel like himself when he's walking down the catwalk?
Speaker 5: I think how about sexy that?
Speaker 2: Hi? Oh yeah, I think this would make me laugh though, Jane, walking down to.
Speaker 4: This, you'll be perfect.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you'll be perfect. And if you're laughing, then you'll light No.
Speaker 2: I want to make a point to smile and laugh because I don't want people to think I'm actually taking myself seriously.
Speaker 1: But you are, though a little.
Speaker 2: But I can't know because I can't. Jane. We look forward to seeing you tonight. Thank you so much for coming and supporting.
Speaker 3: Thanks.
Speaker 1: I'm so excited. I can't wait too.
Speaker 2: We'll see you soon. Australia's largest fashion event, PayPal Melbourne Fashion Festival is back until March eight. For tickets and info, head to PayPal dot MFF dot com. You're okay, I think.
Speaker 1: The Chrissy Swan show. Let's go click at Chrissies CLICKA A source close to Jennifer Garner and Bed Affleck I've said the Gin is definitely scared of falling in love with him again.
Speaker 2: Well, they're clearly in love given that little hug they had yesterday at paintball.
Speaker 1: No, apparently not apparently. No, they're just absolutely good friends. People find it hard to believe. I get it.
Speaker 2: I suppose I was just manifesting it for them, and I want the outcome to be that they're back together.
Speaker 1: The thing is, though, I think people don't understand, like, if you haven't had kids with someone, which you haven't, no, you kind of think that the maximum feelings that you could have for somebody is as a partner. But actually I think the maximum feelings you can have for someone is the other parent of your children. Okay, and it's separate.
Speaker 2: A different kind of connection, And yes it is.
Speaker 1: It feels like best friends and family, and it's like it's a very unique combo. That's why I feel sad for people that when they, you know, split up, it's all awful and angry and acrimonious.
Speaker 2: Right, because on the other end of the scale, they could have that beautiful side sort of yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they miss out on you know, something very very unique and you know important. And I'm lucky enough to be to have that, which is great, and I think that Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck have it too, but it is quite rare, so people like, oh, they must be sleeping together or falling in love or whatever. But I think it's more than.
Speaker 2: That, given the circumstances around them, right, Like he's broken up with j Lo. It's like the natural progression. As like fans and the public, we just hope that he.
Speaker 1: Ends up back with Jenny because we like him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because we like him and we love her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right. And also, you know, we're sort of wired to think that mum and dad should be together, but sometimes true, they don't have to be. I've forgotten that he slept with their nanny and that was why they broke up. Remember the name Christine Uzunian.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: I'm completely forgotten. It's not it's not a great track record. And having said that, that was what it was so long ago, and I think that Jender Garner would have forgiven that. Really, you know, it's a water water under the bridge, is our Queen Adele would say, let's move on to the thing that everyone's talking about, the TV show where it debuted on Netflix. It is of course, Meghan Markles documentary called With Love Comma Meghan.
Speaker 2: I wish Netflix would stop trying to make me watch that. They keep serving it to me on my Netflix homepage. I'm like, guys, I'm never going to watch it? Are you no no interest? It looks so boring?
Speaker 1: Can Tom hear us? Tom? Oh? I can't hear Tom. Are you are you going to be watching the Meghan Michael documentary? Absolutely not. Oh my god, I'm saving it just a real good hate watch. I'm saving it for the ultimate hate wine.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, your teeth is so beautiful and w today. Yeah. Did you have whitening numb before tonight? No?
Speaker 1: I haven't had anything done. I think it's my new lipstick. Oh wow, Yeah, that's a Victoria Beckham that I bought in Paris and I forgot I had.
Speaker 2: That's reminded me. I do my whitening strips before tonight. Absolutely sorry. Back to the insufferable Megan Markel.
Speaker 1: Back to Megan Michael. So she's doing the publicity rounds. She went on, Drew Barrymore, who was you know? Very nice to it.
Speaker 5: I always make it a point when I'm traveling if I can't do bedtime stories with my kids because Archie and Lily are just three and five. So I'll always pack a really thin book and I'll videotape myself reading it, so whoever's with them or Papa can say, here's Mama reading your bedtime story. You find ways to show up for each other. And if that's the one thing that I can convey through the show or through as ever as a brand, I want people to know you can show up for each other, because you know how good it feels when someone shows up for you.
Speaker 1: I mean, I've just never heard anything so condescending in all my life. Like she's the person who has little kids. Also like we know how to parent, okay, and also okay.
Speaker 2: Don't make that's almost mum guilty. People that let their kids go away for a night and that they don't communicate with them. Let you kids have a night away from you and be with their grandparents or their aunties and uncles. They don't need to see a video of you reading a books.
Speaker 1: She just can't win with me. It's very, very unfortunate.
Speaker 2: I actually, you know, I loved her as Rachel's an't on suits. I'm probably one of the only people in the world that did. I can't love that anymore. It's so annoying.
Speaker 1: What I want to know is this because I you know, I've got to admit whenever I read anything of hers or so, it's terrible. It's a terrible confession of mine. I want to I want to dislike her more.
Speaker 2: So I look for it.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I look for holes in it. And in one little article I read that you know, Oh, they're very you know, we're very normal. Me and h are very normal.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: Evenings are just spent, you know, listening to music and making lunch boxes. Your kids are three and five? What do they need lunchboxes for? Why aren't they like everyone else as kids when they're three and five having lunch at home?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Sorry, why but why do they need lunchboxes at five?
Speaker 2: They'd be at school, but wouldn't.
Speaker 1: They Sometimes they're not all the time.
Speaker 2: There was a hole in that little grab there, she says, So whoever's with them, papa? Yeah, she just quickly changed the narrative. Oh, I can't say they're with a nanny, papa. Whoever's with them, papa? So mate?
Speaker 1: And also, don't refer to yourself as a working mother. Sorry, it's so privileged. Nobody lives like that.
Speaker 2: I can't believe Drew hadter On neither.
Speaker 1: I'm disappointed.
Speaker 2: Is a Christy Sun show.
Speaker 1: I won't mention your catwalk debut again after now, maybe I will.
Speaker 2: I mean, we've got Miguel come in, who's walking with me, so we'll have to we are.
Speaker 1: I'm so excited for you. You're going to get the biggest rush of endorphins and dopamine. You'll just be like breathless.
Speaker 2: I'm really excited for that to hit because right now it's just nerves. I know, once I hear and see you guys, I'll be put at ease.
Speaker 1: It's so exciting and I want as many people to see you make your catwalk debut on PayPal Melbourne Fashion Festival as possible. So Tom is one of our is out one of ours. If we teeth, Tom is our producer, and I'm going this is the entire team. Of course you as the other part of the team. Jack is going to be on stage. Tom, will you sit on my lap for the show and we can give away one more seat. I would love that. Yes, all right, Tom's gonna sit on my lap And that means that you just center are coming along to watch Jack's fashion debut.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, that's amazing.
Speaker 6: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Now we've got a little plan happening. We're going to be all like head to toe black suits and glasses and stuff. We've got your glasses covered. Do you have something black to wear?
Speaker 3: I'm sure I can work that out.
Speaker 1: Sure you can. Being a Melbourne girl, we're known for our black wardrobes.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, absolutely all right.
Speaker 1: Just to see you tonight, baby, Thank.
Speaker 2: You so much, See you tonight. Just ciner. Hey next Chrisy's quizy thirteen twenty four to ten. Jump on the line. If you would like to win a bum bag something that I will not.
Speaker 1: Be going to look amazing with my new Henny suit.
Speaker 2: And don't you dare ruin that outfit with a bum bag?
Speaker 1: Will?
Speaker 2: I will be living. I'll walk off the runway and snatch it out.
Speaker 1: If you won't ruin anything, it'll elevate it. That's the word, isn't it elevate? The Chrissy Swan Show, The Chrissy Swan Show. Let's give away a bumbagshaw Chrissy's quizzy whatever they're giving it away. Simone or Alex are going to earn it? Only one is Hello Simone, Hello Chrissy, how you going? What is the first thing that you would put in your bum bag if you won it? Yes? Yes, me too? I just put someone then, Alex, what would you whack in yours?
Speaker 2: Keith? Yeah?
Speaker 1: The you'll never lose them again? So good? All right, girls, your names are your buzzer. It's the best of five, meaning the first person to get three correct wins the game gets the bum bag. Question one this coming weekend marks round one, of which sporting code.
Speaker 2: I think it's actually opening round or round zero, but you get the vibe.
Speaker 1: Yes, AFL correct. Question number two, which sporting brand produces the somber sneaker the somber three stripes?
Speaker 2: Ah? Oh, Alex, you just got in there? Give it to me?
Speaker 1: Yes? Added as correct question. I'm three twenty five years ago today, this song Shiver was released. Who sings it?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 5: Mon cold Play?
Speaker 1: It is saving song off. That was that the lead single.
Speaker 2: The lead single of Parachutes Yellow No Yellow was second, and then Trouble was third.
Speaker 1: Interesting, isn't it? Question number four? What makes fruit sweet?
Speaker 2: God?
Speaker 1: You guys are really like Simona s More specific Please more information pleases. Tony Barble would say, Alex, yes, brooktose what's the score Jack?
Speaker 2: It is two points to Alex and two points to Simone. Question number five is for the win for one.
Speaker 1: Of yours in the human body. What is the proper name for the shin bone? Simone? Yes, Simon, it is the tibbia. Look at you go, Simon. What a clever monkey you are. Thank you Well, you've got yourself a thumbag. And I might actually bring a lip balm from home and put it in.
Speaker 2: Hey. Coming up next, the wonderful Miguel Maestra is joining us live in studio Swanee and he's gonna.
Speaker 1: Give me some tips for cooking and you tips four or something that you would never guess.
Speaker 2: Walking in a run, lay Tonight. Do you really think he's going to have advice for me?
Speaker 1: Will you never know?
Speaker 2: Anyway, he's doing it with me. That's next on the Christy swe Shows.
Speaker 1: The Christy swan Show, and welcome Miguel mstraight.
Speaker 2: Amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I pay them with moving boobies. Now you are here because you are pure sunshine. But also our Jack is walking for the first time in.
Speaker 2: The PayPal Melbourne Fashion.
Speaker 1: Festivalg deal and it's a very big deal. And we were thinking, well, God, who is available to teach him how to be a supermodel, a catwalk supermodel? And of course only one name came up and it was it wasn't yours but you you were available and miguil, you are also walking in Melbourne Fashion Festival.
Speaker 2: What are the tears?
Speaker 1: What are thees?
Speaker 2: Have you done this perform a girl? Have you walked in a runway before?
Speaker 4: Never? First time? First time, long time listener, first time?
Speaker 2: Color?
Speaker 1: Have you put in a call to anybody who's done this for a living that you could give us some tips?
Speaker 4: I spoke with Chris Smith, extremely handsome, biggest crazy with us in the living room. It's fun handsome, tall raped model.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And if you're going, oh Christmith, I know that name maya face of male Mayer and I'm also an ex of Danny Mino.
Speaker 2: Superstar.
Speaker 4: Fill up with the living room where Chris was away. Craze used to do the traveling segment Superstar. He said here, you know, I love when you're asking people there so professional or something?
Speaker 2: You're any tips?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yes, be yourself? What is done? Me? I'm freaking out help me over here. Oh no, just the charisma will do it.
Speaker 4: And I mean it's quite it's fifteen hundred people. You're gonna show you. You look like you never heard this before.
Speaker 2: I didn't know there were fifteen hundred people that this is.
Speaker 4: This is like, this is a worldwide event Melbourne fashion. This is not like he ha ha, this is ha. This is as good as it get. I was this morning in the media launching there. This is like the best brands, the most amazing special effects people has been setting up the lights for one week in there.
Speaker 6: I don't want to look at your face smaller.
Speaker 1: It's all the it's all the very you know, cutting edge, avant gard you know, unbelievable label. So why are you walking for those men's with.
Speaker 4: You know, that's a great question. Let me answer that our work with Luxury Escapes. It's a lovely show. The travel the best world's best holidays, And I mean I put that one in there tick. And the thing is, I mean they chose me their partner sponsor. They gotta be a pig guard. Then they look fantastic and they chose me to jump into the experience and just like that, Yes, finding the right place at the right time, and it's something I've never done. I cooked before in Fashion Week in Sydney, but I've never been in that site. I was rested up as a chef.
Speaker 1: I'm going to be there tonight and I cannot wait to see both of you.
Speaker 4: But it's just like I mean, because we don't know if it's like you're gonna encourage, because that's quite serious.
Speaker 2: You're doing so well, and like Miguel, you're such a smiley dude. Are you going to smile while you're walking down the runway or are you going to keep it serious.
Speaker 4: And kind of smile whole time? This is all mixed.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, this is all a mix of emotion.
Speaker 4: You want to get people a little taste of who you are. You got that one minute.
Speaker 6: Let's do let's do somethings take longer than one minute.
Speaker 1: I want to.
Speaker 2: Come in, come in a long time.
Speaker 1: I want to see I want to see how ready you are for this moment. You're about about the same age, yes, thirty two, And I remember preda Porte from back in the day of the film. I'm going to play innoses, here come the hot stepper, and you are going to pretend that you were at the top of the catwalk and you're going to do it exactly how.
Speaker 2: It's okay.
Speaker 4: You can take the headphones off if you are ok because honey, you've got you.
Speaker 1: Need the music. Leave it on.
Speaker 2: He's good.
Speaker 1: God, he's good. I've never seen you with a fat face on.
Speaker 2: He looks like he's going to kill us.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Okay, so what we've learnt is you've got to have a face on like you're going to punch someone and then wink at the end.
Speaker 2: Okay, try.
Speaker 1: Oh and hands in the pocket. I like it.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're going to punch me? And then now the week.
Speaker 2: Handsuel hands purchase exclusive packages for the PayPal Melbourne Fashion Festival at luxury escapes dot com. As Miguel said, Luxury Escapes are going to be in the fore court. They're giving away amazing trip for two to Paris. Miguel, don't go anywhere. We've got a game we want to play with you.
Speaker 1: Next Chrissy Swan show. He has a stuck around Miguel Mastray. Look, we've already spoken about your appearance tonight in Melbourne Fashion Festival. It's very exciting. You're there for luxury escapes. There you go. I've done that, Miguel.
Speaker 2: Are we allowed to do a little shot before we go for the role?
Speaker 4: I think? I mean the Cinevisian will be a good ingredient. I mean alcohol probably helps you with there, breaking down the ice, your internal ice.
Speaker 2: All right? Can you bring a bottle of tequila or something?
Speaker 1: Listen, honestly, movie.
Speaker 4: A little champere. There's a lot of sponsors, champagne of the sponsor is a nice champagne party. I like, have a nice you know, chambers, just to break the ass. Loosen up a.
Speaker 1: Little bit, Yeah, because you need that.
Speaker 4: Some of us listen to another.
Speaker 1: So you're so dull and up tight, let's do this.
Speaker 2: Lies. Google has told me.
Speaker 1: You've been, you know, in our television landscape for so long. Now, Miguel, you must get tired of the lies that circulate around you and other celebrities. This is a game we played. Will we google the person and we say did this happen or not?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Did you move to Scotland at twenty one to begin your culinary career nineteen? Moteen.
Speaker 4: I left home when I was nineteen to become a chef overseas.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 1: Why but why is Scotland that's hardly cutting edge.
Speaker 4: That's why I speak really funny because early in English in the Scottish kitchen, and you listen to my accent, it's some kind of William Wallace sounds of Scotland and Willian Wallace, you know, it's a little bit of a Scottish even in the Spanish accent. Because there was the only city in Europe outside of Spain, the I knew someone that was living there, and because I didn't speak English. Remember I didn't speak English. First time I write to Scotland zero nather zero and I had to go to someone's home. They could help me for the first fifteen twenty days. So my friend have a cousin stared she living there. She said, you're going to stay in my house for fifteen days. And fifteen days I was in Scotland with all these immigrants from countries like German, Indian, Spanish, pakistanis French, and everybody was in this apartment. And I didn't learn in English because no one is spoken in English anyway. So I like a sitcom from and the first time and this is crazy, the first time I met my wife. My wife now I couldn't speak one word of English.
Speaker 2: Zero wow and love. Actually I love how.
Speaker 1: You say zero like a full as now I mean weird zero. Was I there when you made your TV.
Speaker 4: You were one of my first supporters, was the least two people. Like when people a lot of TV people say, oh, Miel could never be on TV. Nobody can understanding.
Speaker 2: But did you know that Jack did not?
Speaker 4: And you were so supportive, Like and the kitchen was behind in there and you will always come before live TV. I mean haw scary that is. And I was like, oh my god, live TV and you'll be like, oh, you have so much fun.
Speaker 2: Miguel is here.
Speaker 4: And you always made such a big deal on moving in the show when I mean I will be waiting there, it'll be Brian Adams and Jack. It was the most famous people of Australia. I was just the cooking guy and you always make such a big deal. And I remember.
Speaker 1: Everyone's the same, everyone needs a shot as well. I think I learned early on that people were like, oh no, we don't want him, or no I can understand what he bloody says, and I'm like, he is my favorite and he will he will be a start and look at you go. Miguel Mastray is a self proclaimed clean freak.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's true, say clean.
Speaker 1: I would have thought with your mad head you wouldn't be that way.
Speaker 4: Chef, A good kitchen is a clean kitchen.
Speaker 1: What about in your real life?
Speaker 4: Bowl their nice shares? Do you make all hang shares? Shoes like that color?
Speaker 2: Do you make your bed every morning?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 2: Do you look after that?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: My god?
Speaker 4: The most important thing in your life when you get up is making your bed.
Speaker 2: I don't like people they don't make their Sorry you not starting the day. Bro, you made your bed.
Speaker 1: When you say make the bed? Do you're looking at me? If I don't know what, I.
Speaker 2: Don't know what? We have magas we're going against. Right.
Speaker 1: I do make my bed. Mind's very easy to make, but I don't do a huge production number. There's not like a flat sheet and all of that. It's just do you have a proper hotel bed?
Speaker 6: No hotel?
Speaker 2: But do you that has to come off?
Speaker 4: Little seats got to come off and a little fresh.
Speaker 6: You can't do like sandwich beal tea actually like that. You can't do like chicken on top of the bacon on top of the You know you need to fresh because the success on that is.
Speaker 4: When you arrive at night time. That is waiting for you first to explain, he said, the first genes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, it was a good one. You love Ricky Martin and you sent him a hamper of products and he called you to say thank you.
Speaker 2: The business story, that's true.
Speaker 1: That's true. We'll get that later. You received the Officer's Cross of the Order of Civil Merit from King Philippe the sixth of Spain, a prestigious award typically reserved for architects and doctors.
Speaker 2: Yes, wow, Spain, it's unbelievable.
Speaker 1: And you are responsible for chiros as dessert here in this country because they're breakfast in Spain, and you changed them to be soft inside and crispy on the outside for Australian palettes.
Speaker 2: Miguel, you have done so much Grassy Tonight you're going to be a model with me. I will see you in a few hours down the.
Speaker 1: End to your talent.
Speaker 2: Love you, Miguel, Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: The Crissy one show, We've got a bit more business to cover.
Speaker 2: Of Chrissy's clique. Fait.
Speaker 1: I want to talk about nineties child star Mara Wilson. You may not know that name. My god, she's one of our favorites. We've in my house. We've loved everything she's ever been in. First of all Missus Doubtfire in the nineties, then Miracle on thirty fourth Street. But the one that we really really love is, of course, the film adaptation of Matilda in the nineties. This is what she sounded like. Then, sweetheart, you promised you wouldn't go back in that house again.
Speaker 2: I didn't. I was on the crash roofs.
Speaker 1: She was so like breathless and cute in it. I mutual must have watched that film a thousand times.
Speaker 2: I think it's my favorite childhood film.
Speaker 1: Because Danny DeVito and Rhea Pelman are so fabulous as the mean parents. You can't believe your eyes when you're a kid or an adult.
Speaker 2: Their acting is brilliant. And also for me as a kid, Miss Trunk Bull was my favorite.
Speaker 1: So amazing, so.
Speaker 2: Nasty and so and he's a little bit of a mistuneable. Actually we can spell difficulty.
Speaker 7: You couldn't spelled difficulty if your life depended on it. She turn us with a poem, a poem.
Speaker 1: How sweet poem would that be? It's like Yeah, it's just a miracle. That was cause written by Rodah the famous author, and then it made way for the musical Matilda with the lyrics written by the magical. To mention, he came on my podcast All you Can Do Well the lyrics what the lyrics on this song are like so amazing about all sorts of stuff. But I wanted to thank him for the lyrics because were great and I just howled like a baby the whole time. Did you just wet the lyrics so powerful? Tom's going, yes, yes they are. Yeah, I am crazy today by the way, I can see what you're looking at you anyway, we talk about Mara Wilson because she appears and thrilling fans at one of those comic con things where people come and sign stuff, and she was just at a booth with her gorgeous little face popping out of a pop art banner.
Speaker 2: Because she's not in showbies is she No.
Speaker 1: She's not, she's not, but there she was in comic con in Aberdeen, Scotland.
Speaker 2: That would have been huge for diehard Matilda fans because I've not heard about her for like twenty years and.
Speaker 1: They knew that she was coming and everybody dressed up as little tiny Matilda's.
Speaker 2: Hey, if you want to watch Matilda this weekend, I believe it's on stan.
Speaker 1: You must watch it again. I must have watched it a thousand times. In fact, I love roll Dale stuff, and just the Christmas I've bought my son his autobiography, which is the grown up book is called Boy. It's fantastic. But we love Willly Wanker and the chocolate factory, all of them. And in fact, we have a category of parents and kids called roll Dale kids or Rolldale parents. And if you're a real little yeah, you're a roll Dale style kid. Like if you're trying to oh, I got this kid and he was really blah blah blah blah blah. And then eventually if you just go, you know who was a roll Dahl kid? You know exactly what it is. And then sometimes when I'm talking about parents that are a bit yeah, I'll say it was a roll Dhl there, mom, you know, like mean and overly controlling.
Speaker 2: That's great.
Speaker 1: All right, Now, this is it, This is it, Jack. We are at the end of the show. It is Thursday. We've been counting down these these these hours and days to your catwalk debut for the PayPal Melbourne Fashion Festival.
Speaker 2: I am so excited for nine pm tonight to hit because it means I will have walked and it's over.
Speaker 1: I'm going to be there. I've got my handy black suit. We've got all our beautiful listeners coming, Lucy, Isabella, Jay and Jacinta. We're all going to be there for you. Do I need to have a skinny bitch on ice waiting for you? Okay?
Speaker 2: Done?
Speaker 1: Or I can organize that.
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: And God, I've got to tell you about Petty Flir. I'll tell you about Petty Flir next week because it's amazing real house. And I thought, Jack, if it's okay with you, this is a big event for me.
Speaker 2: You know you're sitting in front right.
Speaker 1: I've never never had a child, get married or do anything like this, so I thought I might say a few words. And I've drawn some inspiration from Kate Moss.
Speaker 7: Good evening ladies and gentle Anthony and I've worked together for years since he started as Salaron. I could recognize this instinct.
Speaker 1: For fashion, So what about this something like Zac and I've worked together for many is the start of the Casanova. I thought it was too younger than I recognized his ability to be organized. Diary here is.
Speaker 2: That I would love it. Sick. I will see you tonight. Twenty break a leg, baby.
Speaker 1: This one show is a Nova podcast. For more great comedy shows like this, head to novapodcast dot com. Do you