Speaker 1: What's the go with Aston Martin?
Speaker 2: Okay, so they might not even get off the grid basically because they've got engine.
Speaker 3: Issues, engine issues or Fernando.
Speaker 2: Okay, so this is what's happened. So vibrations from the V six engine were causing the hybrid system's battery, which is housed in the chassis, to fail. So Aston Martin might declare a major engine failure and not even not even be able to start the rap.
Speaker 1: That's not a.
Speaker 3: Great well, Fernando Alonso, how many years to see I've left race?
Speaker 1: I know he's the oldest on the grid.
Speaker 3: Yep, Like you look at some of the younger drivers who are like seventeen and he's is it forty forty Alonso?
Speaker 1: It need help getting in now? That car? Wouldn't he fit?
Speaker 3: And he would have a great time swatting around Melbourne if he wasn't raised the.
Speaker 1: First first race technically first day at work.
Speaker 2: Well they sort of they've been testing in Bahrain and this is where they uncovered the issue.
Speaker 3: But at the.
Speaker 1: Moment, you've done more lapse of Albert Park than he has. Yes, I have.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well I also noticed this morning, coming in at this time when there's lots of traffic on the road, very busy because no one can get around Albert.
Speaker 1: But no, no.
Speaker 4: But there is a vibe driving a lot and just seeing that you know the stands set up and everything.
Speaker 1: You should be in the support race.
Speaker 2: You know in your Raptor have you seen that the utes how they go the jumps at some of the I'll have to share in the break.
Speaker 3: Not you're going to take the Raptor out to do one of those celebrity races where the car is like they featuring a new car. They could do it in the Raptor have twenty four celebris race in the Raptor round.
Speaker 1: But we jump. I like the idea of jumping.
Speaker 5: You want to be tough.
Speaker 1: I want to talk bad first days.
Speaker 3: Well that's a bad first race for but poor Auston Martin, isn't it.
Speaker 4: Thirteen twenty fourteen is our number to join us on the air. Have you had an absolute shocker how it comes to first at work? Or you want to dub someone in that you.
Speaker 3: Witness it's oh, it's nerve wracking anyway, first day in a new office.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what upper grabs.
Speaker 4: How about this a little steak at the pullman Melbourne. Yeah, Pullman Melbourne City Center. Comfort the location, stay for the experience. It's the cracker of a hotel. Thirteen twenty four ten. Worst first day you've had at work.
Speaker 1: It had an absolute shock up at a radio station.
Speaker 4: Yeap, Nope, nope, somewhere else. I'll tell you about it next. It is Grand Prix WI. Keep your eyes open. The drivers are popping up everywhere. Oscar Oscar Piastre yesterday out and about in Melbourne.
Speaker 6: It's a really cool event of cord Loock I've been able to put on and yeah, it's been nice to be able to lend out a little bit of memorabilia for from the last few years or certainly my junior career. And yeah, just be able to give people an opportunity to see, you know, some of the some of the cool things from my career.
Speaker 3: So he's had that on display. Has he done it there? Quadlock shop.
Speaker 2: He also spoke about driving back home. Now I know we've spoken to Oscar's mum about Nicole about him driving her around while he's in Melbourne. Now declare there is a spot that he avoids, like the plague. Oh that being the city, he says, I try to avoid the city. I avoid the hook turns because they still make me very anxious.
Speaker 1: Well, he's a Formula one car driver. Do you know what, you're not hard either.
Speaker 5: Do you have to stop problem? He's not used to stopping. He just wants to go a green light going ahead.
Speaker 1: And you know, you know what as being a kid who's only been here for nine.
Speaker 4: Years years old, being a manchild there's been here for nine years. Right when someone explained the hook turn really simply, I get it.
Speaker 7: It's always it totally makes sense, and I quite I love waiting for that red light to go green, to do the little Sometimes people go because you hit.
Speaker 3: A pedestrian or an idiot that goes through the it's not orange. Read now they've gone through it and you've gone to turn.
Speaker 1: Ye, you've gone away. You can't read t bone. Yeah, so you know how to do it.
Speaker 5: I grew up here. I know how to do a hooked driving lessons in the city. I'm not a.
Speaker 3: Child who came to the city lake as you described a kid.
Speaker 1: I'm a kid who's just come to the city as a kid.
Speaker 5: He's just come to the city.
Speaker 4: At these lots, I do remember where that functioned in the city a couple of years back and pull your fiance and to pick us up. And he wouldn't do a hook tour, so he kept doing a lap, turning left to turn left Leftlander, Are you.
Speaker 1: Going to be out six? I'm just doing another lap, just turn right. No, no, no.
Speaker 5: New Queenslanders can't quite get your heads around it.
Speaker 2: Okay, So we're talking bad first days in light of Aston Martin. Now Aston Martin, I might not even make the grid because you have engine issues with their Honda engine.
Speaker 1: Holly in Clyde, North bad first day? What do you got?
Speaker 8: I started at a car dealership in the department and I crushed two.
Speaker 1: Cars the crash of tar. Yeah, I crushed the customer's car into the loan car.
Speaker 5: How did you do that?
Speaker 1: Share this?
Speaker 8: Be honest. I was just panicking and yeah, first day, and.
Speaker 1: It's just did you lose your job?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 8: I said, And I have the best spot in the world And I was still left three years later.
Speaker 1: Oh, I mean god, imagine going home. Everyone be like, how's your first at work crash?
Speaker 5: Take us? Thanks for asking, dad?
Speaker 1: Are you doing a second at work?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 5: Change industry?
Speaker 3: Wow, let's go to Kirsten in Elsham, Good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 5: What happened to you on your first day at work?
Speaker 1: It was years ago.
Speaker 8: It was my first full time job in the city.
Speaker 9: Went in for a bank and.
Speaker 8: I work out with a work out what was going on, got dressed, here's the whole thing. So I was paced and went to.
Speaker 1: Work my foot foot stur and surah.
Speaker 9: Then the fire alarms went off.
Speaker 8: I didn't think about it and I jumped in the lift with two other people.
Speaker 1: The lift got bucked.
Speaker 8: We had to get five minutes to get us out, which was a nice way to meet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 8: And then by the end of the day I was having a temperature and there was this red line that was throwing all the way up my foot.
Speaker 5: And I couldn't go back for a week.
Speaker 8: Because I got blood poisoning from standing on something on the weekend.
Speaker 2: Blood poisoning poisoning, Jesus, So what you didn't need to go to hospital for that.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 5: She couldn't go to work for a week.
Speaker 3: She stood on something on the weekend, had a stew foot on her first day, and then got locked in the lift and then got blood poisoning.
Speaker 5: That's bad.
Speaker 1: First being rescued from a lift really rattles me.
Speaker 4: I think of that scene in Speed, you know, where the lady's legs almost get chopped off just as they pull her out of the lift and then the cable breaks.
Speaker 1: I can't remember that.
Speaker 5: Bit because you've mentioned have you never seen Speed?
Speaker 1: Have you not seen Speed?
Speaker 5: Is that tangible?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, I've never seen it. You're never wrong movie Speed.
Speaker 1: I can't remember the lift scene though, Are you serious?
Speaker 5: I'm serious.
Speaker 4: We must get her Speed? Can I get Speed to the studio for Lauren?
Speaker 5: The movie?
Speaker 1: The movie Speed? The movie in the meantime.
Speaker 5: I've never seen it, you know me, I'd like you to watch it.
Speaker 1: No, no, well this is sort of a because they fall in the kid in the sixth sense is dead.
Speaker 2: But the bus they all get off the bus as well. Shut up, get off the bat well.
Speaker 5: No, I don't need to say it now.
Speaker 1: No, it's good, like a terrible movie Speed, so.
Speaker 5: You can give everyone people get chopped in half?
Speaker 1: Agains What happened on your first day?
Speaker 5: I had guess my manager, where did you work? It was a newspaper.
Speaker 1: So the first day rock up?
Speaker 8: Feelings sick? I've got to go I've got to go, and my first words were.
Speaker 5: Oh, did you ever got? I don't think I could ever go back. Well, they namely Ralph after that, Why Ralph?
Speaker 1: It's a term for vomiting, you know, like Chuck Ralph. I haven't seen speed. You don't know Ralph?
Speaker 5: No, I've heard Chuck.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, why Ralph? You've had a little Ralph? Chris mute? What do you have? Chris? What's a Christmas Ralph?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 3: I don't know that, and I don't know I've never ever ever heard of vomit be called.
Speaker 5: A Ralph, haven't you? I would come in and go, guys last night? I Ralph?
Speaker 1: Yes, Ralph? What is it?
Speaker 5: Why is it named after someone who's well?
Speaker 1: Back in the eighteen was the first for spew.
Speaker 5: He invented the vomit Aaron and Rose and Chris mute, Chris mu, is that an actual perrap spart Aaron?
Speaker 4: He the same thing back in the eighteen really turned on their belly. First day, What do you got for us?
Speaker 8: Yes, just on the vomit thing. I've got another one. We call it Vladimir Puke.
Speaker 1: And that I love this all rights. First day? Where do you go?
Speaker 8: First day? We were working in the city. So the boss picked me up on the way and dropped me off for this big estate and I was setting up some tenpence and I started getting the poof sweats with nowhere to go, so I ended up kind of fight it out, but I lost the battle and I soiled myself. So what it came on?
Speaker 5: Sorry, Aaron? How wait? How old were you?
Speaker 8: Twenty?
Speaker 5: So why didn't you go to the bathroom in the sweat?
Speaker 8: I got a lift with my boss into there, and then he dropped me off and we were just in this big estate, which is this big, wide open area. Oh my god, nowhere no shops, no houses, and yes, I was all well myself, so I didn't know how to how to sort of battle that, so I ended up losing. And I found some shrubberry and removed my undies and tried to give myself a clean up with a sock.
Speaker 1: And did you carry on? Did you? Did you?
Speaker 9: You carried to work and then realized I was wearing one stock, which is weird, so I went back and get rid of the other one. And then the bus rocks up and goes, your sock's gone, and I said, I was never wearing.
Speaker 8: Socks, which I think he picked up on. But there, yeah, and then I just carried on. I didn't know what to do. I couldn't go anywhere anyway, so I didn't have a choice.
Speaker 3: And did you tell anyone or is this the first time you've had the courage to tell this story out about.
Speaker 8: I did tell him years later, and he thought it was pretty weird. And he did say he could smell something on the way.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, so.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I worked to work a full day and the work for the same guy.
Speaker 5: Now do you have a nickname?
Speaker 8: Oh not yet, but I probably will.
Speaker 1: That's great.
Speaker 2: I mean, Lauren put herself on the tent No Idea and Lauren.
Speaker 5: Lauren wake up feeling good. Follow them on the socials.