Speaker 1: Welcome to the late debase.
Speaker 2: Leave the boxing day test where it is. It could be an Australian to move it. Good night and welcome to the pro Good evening and welcome to the program. I should say now you don't have to readjust your set. James McPherson is not suddenly far more attractive. You've upgraded to Cayla Bond for the next few weeks.
Speaker 3: That is what everyone was thinking.
Speaker 2: I know, I know he's off filling in for Andrew Bolt of course do enemy as always is Liz Storer and technically filling in for me for the next few weeks is Joe Hildebrow.
Speaker 1: James James Mack might not be far more attractive, but Kayla Bond certainly.
Speaker 2: And you know we've got a good look and rooster like you too, Joe. So we're really up on the stakes here. Some of the stuff will get into tonight. We've been given a window into what Australia might look like under Chinese rule. CCP has told Australian politicians what events they should and should not go to. The Australian uncovered more foreign child rapists who've been allowed to stay in the country thanks to Andrew Giles and wait for it, the biggest debate ever can you put your rubbish in other people's bins if yours is full. We'll get into all of that later on, but of course a question that's been on your lips and mine and plenty of others for the last few months. How has antisemitism got so bad in this country? Well, John Howard, who will be tomorrow night in a documentary here on Sky News at seven pm Never Again, The Fight against Antisemitism, which will of course be hosted by Josh Friedenberg. He says a lot of it comes down to the Prime Minister Anthony Albanisi, in the fact that he didn't come out strongly enough against antisemitism in the early stages of what has unfurled in this country. Of course, we all know what happened on October ninth on the steps of the Sydney Opera House. There was very little response from police and there was very little response from the federal government. That kind have sent a message to people that well, you can do whatever the hell you want, and so they have. We've had protests in parks and on streets all over the country almost every weekend ever since twenty thousand, thirty forty thousand, up to fifty thousand people at any time coming together to shout slogans like from the River to the Sea, which thankfully the federal government has spoken out against only in recent times. And of course we know that just a week or two ago, Australia, along with many other nations, voted in favor of recommending to the United Nations Security Council that Palestine be given a voice at the UN Will Adam Banded from the Greens has now decided that he is going to take that challenge directly to the Labor government to see exactly how serious they are about making this happen. He put up on X yesterday. Labour says today they support recognition of Palestine. We'll move in Parliament next week for Australia to recognize Palestine. Other countries are doing it. Let's see how Labor votes. It will put them on the spot as to exactly how serious they are about giving recognition to Palestine and whether or not they seriously believe in the two states solution that they keep talking about. But Adam band himself was on Insiders on the ABC yesterday. He was asked a very simple question, do you believe that Hamas are terrorists? And well, for such a simple question, he couldn't exactly give a simple answer.
Speaker 1: You will also agree Hamas is a terrorist organization that needs to be dismantled. Well, they're listed as a terrorist organization, and our point is now that the Palestinian civilians cannot be collectively punished.
Speaker 4: Having some trouble saying that Hamas is a terrorist organization, no, I just said it was.
Speaker 2: Now, of course, part of it, Liz is the leadership of the federal government. The federal government has flip flopped? So bad are we? You know, one minute it's yes, we care about anti Semitism, next minute it's no, we support mass essentially and.
Speaker 1: Said no, I can't say it out that support that.
Speaker 5: How else do you explain, Joe the support for a two state solution. They say, oh, that's that's only if Hamas aren't in charge.
Speaker 3: Well, we all know what's the exactly what's happening here.
Speaker 1: Support pretty much every country.
Speaker 5: To recognize Palestine as a UN member state. I think the Babylon b which is their satire, but they often hit on the dark truth of things. They recently shared their saying terrorists learn harsh lesson that if you rape and murder women, the UN will give you your own country and one billion dollars. This is This is basically what the UN has done and what Adam Band will be pushing for our federal government.
Speaker 3: To do for normally next week. Now.
Speaker 5: I don't think there's anyone on this panel that actually thinks that's going to be voted on.
Speaker 1: I have no doubt LABEL will not support Adam b Oh.
Speaker 5: They're going to make their stands even more uncomprehensive because I've had less baked dinners than the amount of time that.
Speaker 3: Penny Wong has called for cease.
Speaker 1: Visits half faked. These are all different things, right, there's different These are different things, right. So, firstly, every country in the world, including Israel's stronger supporter, the US, believes in a two state solution and has stated its support for a two state.
Speaker 5: Solution, and everyone qu aspiring Neuron knows that there is no touch thing now.
Speaker 1: Question the question is at the moment, there's not that's right, So it becomes all about timing. The problem with the UN vote, which I thought was very silly and naive on Australia's part, not to abstain from is that you are by voting for that now. And this was not voting for Palestine to be recognized and to have a said the UN. This was saying that he qualified that it met the criteria. Right, so it wasmantic. But that is different to what Adam But Adam Bant is now escalating that even higher. Right, So instead of saying, all right, Palestine, you meet the criteria for sept and so you know, you're one more step along the sort of playing board, if you like, he's saying, no, we recognize you as a state now, which of course I mean it's it's rubble than at the moment, like it's not even a functioning it not, it doesn't have barely a functioning institution in it, So to recognize it as a state now is absolutely absurd. But again, everyone with half a brain, a firing neurine, as you say, once a two state solution. The question the question.
Speaker 3: Solution, Joe, The question is when never.
Speaker 1: Question even the Israelitis. Yeah, I said everyone everyone, That's that's what I said. Hummers has turned it down and the extremists have turned it down. But everyone with a in the international community and supported including Israel. Israel has put forward proposals two.
Speaker 5: Stations, haven't the polling shoes Seventy five percent of Palestinians totally back the horrors that happened.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's why we're not giving the one star. It's meant to be a two state solution. That is the whole point. We are not giving the palaces everything they want. They wanted from the river to the sea, two state.
Speaker 5: Solutional scale as being their own body. Twistan is already leagues ahead here.
Speaker 1: So you're supporting Israel from the river to the sea, now, no.
Speaker 2: No, no, But a two state solution relies on the idea that you have two outfits both coming to the table.
Speaker 1: That's allowed to do it. Now, that's exactly what I know.
Speaker 2: It's never going to happen because Palestine.
Speaker 1: So it's never going to happen.
Speaker 3: Ageration Palace, that's not what they want.
Speaker 1: It can't happen till you get rid of her mass obviously, and that is going to.
Speaker 2: But we can't go into Raca or do anything to actually try and get rid of this is never going to happen. Well, if you, if it is to be believed that Israel cannot continue its incursion into the area, then how do you ever get rid of Hamas to achieve that?
Speaker 1: And that's exactly what obviously you Okay, so you don't support Minister Bowen's call that the.
Speaker 3: Ground invasion in Rappa must stop.
Speaker 1: Think there is clearly there is clearly a question. And again this includes you know, the killing of Australian aid workers and international aid workers. There's clearly a question. And this is happening within Israel as well. I know people in Israel who are very, very concerned about this and the fact that Yahu does not appear to have a political strategy to back up his military tactics, and I think his Defense min is with one of those people. So the point is, firstly, do you say, do you say, all right, where we want to get to eventually is Israel and Palestine living in some form of peaceful coexistence, right, two states by our Well that's right. Well, if you're saying it's never going to happen and that's it, we might have Well let's okay, fine, look just white Palestine from the map, just like that, what Israel white from the map? If you're saying it's never going to happen, Then why are we even having this develop It.
Speaker 5: Would have already happened were it not for the Palestinians turning it down.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, if it's never going to happen, so Israel just wipes out Palestine.
Speaker 3: I wanted they turned that down because they I know.
Speaker 1: I know that I've been there, I've seen all I've seen every single map of every single thing that they've offered. I'm not denying that. What I'm saying is the Palestinians should be made to accept, one way or another, a two state solution and Israel's right to exist. If it is a different thing to say, Oh, they're never going to do that, so we're just going to wipe them out.
Speaker 5: Okay, but see that the beginning of such a high pie in the sky possibility is the elimination of Hamas, which is exactly what the Israelis are trying to achieve and what Minister Bowen just can't understand.
Speaker 3: He tweeted today.
Speaker 5: Boohoo for me, this is defamatory that people are claiming that I said that Israel should stop their action in Rafa.
Speaker 3: Check out his tweet.
Speaker 5: I support international law and I oppose an Israeli ground offensive into Raffa. This is also the position of the Australian government. Yeah we know, mate, This headline by News Limited is offensive, inaccurate and defamatory, especially to the people of Raffa who deserve protection.
Speaker 3: The people of Raffa are not Hamas.
Speaker 5: Again, i'd point you to the seventy five percent of Palestinian support Hamas.
Speaker 3: But never mind Bowen.
Speaker 5: And here is the offending headline that Bowen is boohooing about Bowen, we must protect Hamas.
Speaker 3: Australia has backed.
Speaker 5: An International Court of Justice ruling that Israel must cease its offensive against the last Hamas holdout in Gaza.
Speaker 3: So there you have it.
Speaker 5: This government is once again just saying Israel stop it. Meanwhile supporting the UNS every call for ceasefire and recognizing Palestine as it is I think as an appropriate member to joined the UN.
Speaker 2: But this is why the vote that will be put up by Adam Band actually does mean something. It's essentially putting the government on the spot and saying how serious are you about your support for Palestine, and given that they have already voted at the UN to accept the proposition of Palestine being admitted as a nation on the UN and having a vote. They have by some degree given their support to Palestine as a nation, So why would they then not just extend that to a vote in the parliament. If that's what they truly believe, why would.
Speaker 1: They do There's a difference between saying we support Palestine becoming a nation and saying we recognize Palestine as a nation. We all understand that, right.
Speaker 2: Sure, but you've laid the groundwork. You're saying this is what we want to happen at the right.
Speaker 1: So is the US. This is what everyone has said. The problem with what happened at the UN is that it happened six months after the October seven terrorist attacks, So it looks like a reward for that. Such a problem. That's why I said it's a problem. It is everyone long term, everyone is expecting and wanting. Everyone again with half a brain and part from the extremists on either side, is expecting and wanting and working towards a two state solution. That is not controversial.
Speaker 2: Because a lot of the activists, particularly here in this country, keep shouting things like from the rich the scene, that's why we shouldn't be like I believe that there should not be an Israel, there should only be a Palestinian nation. And we see this time and time again. And there was an event recently hosted by the AJAA, the Australian Jewish Association online that included speakers such as John Anderson, the former Deputy Prime Minister, and the activists of course could not pass up the opportunity to gate crash even an online event and throw forward all sorts of vile abuse, to dress up with their faces with the kefiir over them, et cetera. Of course, these people all gutlass didn't show their faces. The one as you can see in that image there is wearing a kefia. Another one who you're about to hear in a clip didn't show his face at all and pretended his name was Tony Abbott. This is what happens when you don't get strong leadership to snuff this stuff.
Speaker 1: Out, religion and beliefs and.
Speaker 5: Well, ah can you show you mouth?
Speaker 1: Old stop this one has to go now.
Speaker 2: These people were also behind those encampments that we've seen across the universities recently. I mean, no wonder they feel like they can rock up and do this stuff is because they have basically been allowed to. And here we are eight nine months in to since and we're saying, we're saying, oh, finals we're going to have hate speech laws.
Speaker 3: And this meeting wasn't even about Israel.
Speaker 5: It was about Australia's foreign and domestic policy. So these guys are just trying to have a powow about that. This group, it's called the U said Muslim Encampments group organize this zoom bombing, so they let their guys know this is what we're doing. Everyone follow your instructions to the letter for maximum punch. People can't even have an unrelated meeting. But now because it involves Jewish people, these guys are looking to side.
Speaker 1: It's outrageous. I've time counted them myself. On Friday, I was at an event in Western City at a course stadium that was about providing housing and infrastructure for Western City, had absolutely nothing to do with the Israel Palestin conflict. And of course there's protesters outside screaming, screaming at people as they went in, screaming as me as I was in. Of course they're all waiting to scream at the Prime Minister as he went in, which is why they were there because they think he's a supporter of Zionus genocide. So again, oh wow, and they've been out, they've been city, they've been camp outside his electorate office for months. So again these people are.
Speaker 5: They don't even know he's on side. It's totally on side. Check out this graph. This is American universities. I believe it was the Washington Post or similar put this together and you can see they're the direct correlation between those green dots where the encampments are and the university campuses of America with the higher tuition and fees. So the more expensive the UNI, the more these encampments are amongst them.
Speaker 3: Talk about luxury beliefs.
Speaker 5: I do wonder how much of this is simply an upper class pastime because they're obviously the rich kids, and how much of it also has to do with the activists, because we know a lot of the people who organize these encampments aren't necessarily the students themselves. They're not even alumni, but they are coming onto campus to stir the pot and to keep the kids organized. How much these more elite universities have been targeted to buy these movements because we know from such universities come the leaders of the future, and if we can get them in the bag now, they'll be ours free.
Speaker 1: They're not targeting them, then they are homegrown. Socialism is an upper middle class pursuit. It is, it has been since it was invented. Karl Marx I believe his family owned vineyards. Frederick Engel's family actually own factories. They were actual factory owners, right again. And you look at you know, whereas all the hot spots been in Australia, They've been in the three most prestigious universities Sydney University, Melbourne University, Australia National University. Genuine poor people are not socialists. They've got no wealth to redistribute. They're not reading marks and angles. They just want to get ahead in life. They want to pay the bills. They usually want to get out of the crap that they were brought into, or the some of they were born into. Never ran, of course, said it best. The whole point of being working classes. You want to get out and don't romanticize the poverty.
Speaker 2: The students have got something else to worry about. But you know what annoys me so much is, once upon a time, all these lifty students that university. We're actually fighting for things that mattered, like free speech and freedom of expression. Back in your day, that's the kind of thing that you would have been carrying on about job. But of course now we have university students going out to protest for I don't know, subjugating gay people in Gaza and all sorts of stuff. They have moved because they have become the elite. They used to fight the elite. Now they are the elite. The left is the elite, so they've got nothing left to really complain about. They are running the show. There's nothing to rebel against. So they're going the whole hog and saying, well, we've taken over and the systems that built this country now, colonialism and all the rest. That is what we have an issue with, which is why they sympathize with a mob like Hamas over in Palestine, even though if they try to spend five minutes in the joint they'd be shot in the head. It doesn't matter because the core belief, which is that there is some sort of terrible colonial power trying to take over, is what they believe. It doesn't matter what the belief is cloaked in they'll jump on it every single time.
Speaker 5: And because there's been so little pushback from campus leaders, because there's been so little vehement, proper strong arm pushback from government, state or federal, I would argue, this is the kind of thing that we are now happening seeing happen in one of the world's leading Jewish schools. It's right here in Australia. It's called Mount Scopus in Burwood. Their campus was defiled with anti Semitic graffiti on the very front gate. Someone graffiti Youde written in black spray paint. Of course, Albanesi did then dust off the microphone and say what he keeps saying, talking out the other side.
Speaker 6: Of his mouth, it is no place for anti Semitism. I think Dan's right that we need to be as a country mature enough to be able to have a debate about what's going on over to allow people to have their completely legitimate right to express their views about what's happening overseas, but to do that in a way which does not challenge our own social cohesion.
Speaker 5: Sorry, that was an elbow, of course, that was Richard Miles. They keep using this line, there's no place, there's no place.
Speaker 3: There's no place for.
Speaker 5: This, and yet with every second tweet from this government and all their support at the UN State councils, well, it seems like you have created a place for it, haven't you, because you certainly haven't created a place for a lot of social cohesion around this particular issue. Melbourn Easy tweeted the same, there's no place for this.
Speaker 3: That seems to be their line.
Speaker 5: The frustration for anyone paying attention is they themselves are creating a place for this. They have not had a comprehensive stance on it, even since the October seventh massacres. Even their front bench is divided on it. They keep talking out of both sides of their mouth, and then when something like this happens, they say, oh, oh no, no, no, there's no place for them.
Speaker 2: And the government has sort of tried in vain in the last couple of weeks to seem like they are doing something, but it's very Johnny come lately, right. There was a motion put up that was supported by Labor to say that from the river to the sea was basically a chance for genocide. Of course that didn't stop. A couple of days earlier, a member of this of Labor in the Senate saying exactly that on the floor of the.
Speaker 1: Senate, but that motion was brought by Labor in direct I.
Speaker 2: Know, I how does a member of the Labor party feel comfortable saying that on the floor of the Senate in the first place?
Speaker 1: That then required That was absolutely appalling. And there was a new South Wales MP who's also said some similarly stupid correct yeah prap, and he's been putting his box by Premier Christians. And again you will have people in the party from time to time who say incredibly stupid things. I'd love to root the ball out if I could, but sadly that's not always possible. But the point is that the leadership has every single time completely rebuked them, put them in their box, even put it to a vote, so they'll put in their box. Anthony Abernezi has come out personally and said from the River to the Sea is not appropriate. He's effectively a core for inside and wiping out the Israeli States. So again I think you've got to give you know, when he does say the right thing, if you want to have a go at him, if he's being being equivocal, fine, But when he actually does come out and do the right thing. When Labor comes out and does the right thing, you've got to give him some credit.
Speaker 5: Chi While their actions totally defy absolutely everything that they're saying, of course they're going to be like, oh, there's been graffiti.
Speaker 3: On a leading Jewish school in Australia.
Speaker 2: There's no place for this.
Speaker 5: Every second thing that they say supports this kind of move. By supporting Palestine, these protesters feel emboldened.
Speaker 3: They feel like their cause is back.
Speaker 1: There is a difference between having a debate about how intensive the Jewish the Israeli sorry response to October seven should be and deserves to be. And I think you can understand anyone who's Jewish or Israeli would obviously think would be forgiven for things right. I just want to just wipe every one of these barceds from the face of the planet. But again, I think there is you can say. Listen, October the seventh was outrageous, that was indefensible. Israel has to be able to defend itself. Israel has to be able to take out how much thank.
Speaker 5: You was What you just said is far more than this government has said.
Speaker 2: And this is the stuff we should have heard right from the beginning and we wouldn't be in this position. And Josh Frodenberg, much longer tenor of what we've been talking about tonight, says a lot of this has come down to a failure in leadership.
Speaker 7: I think there's been a comprehensive failure of leadership across the board here in Australia to protect the Jewish community. This is their fundamental duty of leaders to protect us and they're failed to do that. They've been found wanting and I think they should hold their heads in shame.
Speaker 2: And of course Josh Frodenberg's documentary Never Again, the Fight Against Anti Semitism will be here on Sky News at seven pm tomorrow night. Do not miss it. Let's move on to some of the other news of the day, and we found out today that there is a growing number of foreigners who have committed serious crimes in this country. In this particular case, a child rapist allegedly his own stepdaughter, no less, while his partner was giving birth. This man was allowed to stay in the country due to a decision of the Administrative Appeals Tribunal on the basis of a directive sent down from the Immigration Minister Andrew Giles. Now, how this all began was essentially back in twenty twenty when Jasinda r Dun was running again for Prime Minister in New Zealand. She fronted up for a press conference next to Scott Morrison, where she complained about the number of criminal New Zealanders who were being sent back to her country. She said, too many of these buggers. They've lived in Australia almost all their lives. You're using New Zealand as a dumping ground now. Of course, none of these people are citizens of Australia. They may have lived here for twenty years, they may have lived here for thirty years, but they are citizens of New Zealand. They have come to Australia at some point, they have committed crimes in this country, and then the government has exercised its right to deport them back whence they came. But New Zealand said no, they live in your country even though they're not citizens, so they should remain there. Scott Morrison stayed strong and did not change the law. But once Anthony Albanezi came in, he said, well maybe we can take a look at this now. Of course, to Sinda Ardern is long gone from the Prime ministership in New Zealand, but Andrew Giles in January of last year sent down Directive number ninety nine which said that people who have been in this country for a long period of time, even if they are not citizens, should be given the benefit of the doubt when it comes to deportation. So now did Industrative Appeals Tribunal says when we have these cases come to us, what are we meant to do? We have to follow Direction ninety nine sent down by Andrew Giles. Now I could not get over the words of Richard Miles today who was trying to spin this as though the government has tried to get rid of the bloke and it was actually the Administrative Appeals Tribunal that has done them over.
Speaker 6: This was overturning a decision of the government. And secondly, the decision that was taken was one that was taken by an independent tribunal.
Speaker 2: Now, hang on a minute. So the government wanted to have the guide deported. Okay, we get that bit, But the government also sent down a directive that the Administrative Appeals Tribunal has to adhere to that says the man shouldn't be deported. Of course, it was a decision of the government. He was Dan Teen's response.
Speaker 4: To rape, a step to order while your partner is giving birth in hospital.
Speaker 1: What it shows is that.
Speaker 4: Ministerial direction is clearly failing. I don't think that you could get a worst example that that ministerial direction is clearly failing.
Speaker 2: I mean, for heaven, say you wouldn't trust Andrew Jarles to make a cup of tea Joe and trying to justify this. You know, the government wanted to deport the guy. Was the Administrative Appeals Tribunal, Well, if you didn't dictate to them how they meant to do them, they wouldn't have done it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Look, to be honest, I think there's plenty of blame to go around. I think both the government and the Administered Heels Tribunal have behaved absolutely appallingly and shamelessly and morally in this case. There So the government doesn't obviously give it necessarily a director. So the government can say, oh, you know, we're going to cancel his visa, deport him or whatever. But the guidelines that the AAT is meant to abide by say that you should that the length of time in Australia and their community ties should weigh in their favor. There should be leniency, but now it also provides for you not to make that decision. And I think it's absolutely appalling that the AAT made that decision. And tellingly, the AAT Tribunal Chief who made the decision is also a former Labor MP from I believe the left of the party. So you've got basically a former Labor mper former speaker from the left of the party. You've got a current Labor MP and Immigration minister from the left of the party. One's created this appalling guideline, a ridiculous guideline. I mean on earth would why on earth would you just say no sorry? If rape, domestic violence, murder, all those things you've got, there's no leniency. It doesn't matter how much you love Australia or how many kids you've had here.
Speaker 2: You are well, you love us so much, me from another country decided it co be crined.
Speaker 1: And again, and it's just absolutely I find this indefensible. There's there's nothing you can there's absolutely nothing you can say that isn't absolute a horror show out this issue generally and how it's been handled and Giles, I do not know how he's still in a job. But these I mean these cases that the Australian's got today and another one coming out tomorrow, not more than one coming out tomorrow. Indeed, is just it is like someone needs It's vile.
Speaker 3: It's utterly vile.
Speaker 5: But let's hear from said minister Minister Giles. When news broke today, what did he have to say for himself.
Speaker 8: I'm determined to keep working hard to ensure that we continue to put in place all of those mechanisms, strong laws and very significant resourcing a quarter of a begion dollars to ensure that our trusted law enforcement officials can do their.
Speaker 2: Job to keep the community safe.
Speaker 8: That is my focus and it will continue to be my focus.
Speaker 3: Focus harder.
Speaker 5: Please don't continue to do whatever you've been doing. We need you to do something drastically different, Minister Giles. That was actually him from last week when what was it then some murderer had been allowed to stay correct murder. It's a rapist tomorrow with several more rapists.
Speaker 3: Will get to that in the paper.
Speaker 5: This guy has proved that there is nothing he can do to be fired if at this point you are still not stood down from your ministerial responsibilities, then you're never going to be.
Speaker 2: Statisic twenty three that clip was from. But it is clearly that he has either something on the Prime Minister or the Prime Minister has a purpose for him, because otherwise you would get rid of that blow lickety split.
Speaker 1: I think the problem that the problem is that he is from the same faction as the PM. Sadly he is from the Victorian Left. He apparently runs the machine down there, so maybe the PM needs and keep people.
Speaker 2: I'm surprised he can run the machine well.
Speaker 1: I suspect with a fairly high degree of confidence that one of the reasons why he was sort of kept sweet over the last few months is because we had that Victorian State Labor Conference. He had a whole bunch of left He's saying they were going to go to Hell and back on Palestine, and he needed someone to sort of rain them in a bit and stop them from going too crazy. Didn't that work out well? So I think he's proved that, you know, he can't he can't keep his own learn he left Trots in line in Victoria. He can't run his own portfolio. It's getting to Python esque like it would be honestly fascical if it wasn't so desperately.
Speaker 5: But how discussing is it that Australians are now unsafe in their own country because the Prime Minister what is trying.
Speaker 3: To keep his faction happy? Being a hapless minister.
Speaker 1: I think he's trying to keep the show, keep the show going. I think he's trying to genuinely do the right thing. And he is the PM is loyal to a fault. He is not someone who who.
Speaker 3: Is loyal to the Australian people, who in.
Speaker 1: This case is being loyal to the wrong person.
Speaker 5: Utterly discus I don't speaking of loyalty. China's been caught bullying eleven New South Wales MPs who attended and celebrated the inauguration of the new Taiwanese Prime minister President. Rather, they sent an email to them saying not okay, guys, we don't like this. Taiwan is a province of China. You shouldn't be celebrating such an event. Their email was titled concerns regarding attendance at the Taiwan related event.
Speaker 3: It was sent to every.
Speaker 5: MP that attended the function in Rhodes last Monday. Makes you wonder, doesn't it. What is the nature of the relationship New South Wales politicians have with China that China thought it was okay to send them this missive expressing their disapproval.
Speaker 2: They don't even need to have a relationship. Chinleages thinks you can ride roughshod over absolutely anyone. And of course what they said in the email is that, oh, this puts at risk our links between the two countries, which of course the federal government has tried its best to renew since it came to power. And you can never forget when you're dealing with China that you are dealing with a communist country and they don't care about Australia, they don't care about anyone else. They certainly don't care about their own people. All they care about is achieving their own ends. And to send these threats, I'm not even going to call them idle threats, because I don't think with China they deal in idle threats. They deal in serious threats. And we know what they have already done to us in terms of tariffs and cutting off our exports exporting things into their country because we dared to question them about the origins of COVID, and they now feel so comfortable telling Australian politicians what they should or should not do, that the Consulate General would far and offer an email to live in New South Wales in pas saying you should not be going to evince that support Taiwan because it puts your links to well.
Speaker 1: Not even that. They sort of said, We're confused. How can you be going to celebrate the presidency of Taiwan when there's no such country, which it reminds me of the famous line or at least in some circles now that you should never praise a psychopath because they will just take it as a statement of fact and just do what they want anyway. And I think it's a bit like that with China. It doesn't matter how much of a good actor or a good faith actor Australia is, how much it tries to appease China. China is still going to do what it wants when it wants in its own interests, and we'll never give a second thought about Australian interest. I think you know, there are things you can do, like getting ching Lee out was a seriously amazing achievement. But again, will we get the next one out? I don't know, so I think I think we have to look to India. I think China is all over red rover. They are, as you say, a communist dictatorship. Jijinping has just made himself dictator for life. They show signs, if anything, of hardening their position rather than liberalizing it. And I think India is the future. India is a superpower. It's got more people than China now who will soon be almost as industrialized. And it's got a tradition of liberal democracy that China has never ever had. And I think China is a foregone conclusion. And maybe the only way we will pay more attention is not us talking to China, but us saying no what we reckon them?
Speaker 2: Superpower And of course a friend of the Commonwealth is a former British colonial outpost. That's right we should be looking to. Maybe we can just see Anthony Albin easy over to China to talk to Jijiping about, you know, whether Panda's cute or not. I'm sure that'll fix it up. Before we get to the break. The UK is now looking at National service. Would you believe it Rishie Sunak has worked out, of course, that he can't win the next election, so it's time to unfurl all the policies that you really didn't have the balls to do while you were Prime Minister. But hell, let's have a throw at the dice now. He says that eighteen year olds should be sent off for full time national service in the military or given the option of volunteering once a month with a volunteer group. Have listened to him announcing it today.
Speaker 9: Young people will gain valuable skills, make our country more secure and build a stronger national culture. This ambition benefits our country and our young people alike.
Speaker 2: Hang, I'm just going to talk to the camera like Richie Sunek does. What a fantastic idea to unfurl upon the people of the UK. Look, you know, I suspect that the idea of national service actually would have quite a bit of support, probably not from eighteen year olds. But isn't it funny that he didn't have the balls to do it when he was in bower and knowing that he's got nothing to lose now is.
Speaker 3: It decided to right chemikaze?
Speaker 5: But I love legendary Nigel Farage waiting and explaining to everyone, Wow, this will never work.
Speaker 10: Do you support the government's proposal for a national service? They don't support it either.
Speaker 1: It's a joke, isn't it. I mean, look what you do.
Speaker 10: You get a focus group of half a dozen reform voters in a room in the chairman says, now, what about national service?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 10: I think it's a very good idea. The rest say yeah, actually not a bad idea. Oh policy. So you know, look, when you're a week leader and Sunak is not a leader in any way at all, you're a follower. So you follow what the focus group says. We have a grown number of young people in this country who do not subscribe to British values, in fact, loathe much of what we stand for.
Speaker 1: So what do you do? Who are we talking about there?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 10: I think we see them on the streets of London every Saturday.
Speaker 1: What do they look like?
Speaker 6: Oh, we're talking about what do they look like?
Speaker 1: Are we talking about Muslims?
Speaker 9: Here?
Speaker 1: We are?
Speaker 5: Don't bait Nigel Farage, He's just going to say it for you anyway.
Speaker 3: A terrific point.
Speaker 5: I mean, the makeup of the London, especially the central cities, the demographic of them has changed drastically, and he's basically saying, do you really want all these people forming an army?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 2: There are merits. There are merits to the idea of national service.
Speaker 1: I think, Joe, I'll tell you something for free, and if anyone wants to put me on the Conservative Party payroll for the upcoming UK election, I could do with the money. To be honest, we've got to cost a living crisis here. Everyone who supports National service is already voting for you.
Speaker 2: Yes, indeed, all right after the break, we'll get into the papers and we'll bring you even more people who have been allowed to stay in this country, foreigners who've committed crimes thanks to the immigration min a standard Charles, that's on in front of the ods. Plenty more to come, don't go away, welcome back. Let's get stuck straight into the papers. The Australian Tomorrow has a story of course, that Cherry Markson has been breaking every night here on this Channel nine. See signed one million dollar exit payout Knownes chief executive Mark Sneezeby, who was responsible for giving a former news boss nearly one million dollars in a golden handshake for an avalanche of sexual harassment allegations against the veteran journalist, as the network claims chairman Peter Costello played no role in the payout. Another story on the front of Yours Tomorrow. But wait, there's more. Trio of rapists is on the Jarles leniency list. A trio of child rapists are among the growing list of Peter Files and sex offenders allowed to remain in the country under Andrew Giles' call for greater tolerance for foreign offenders with ties to Australia. As the Immigration Minister refuses to say if he will intervene in any of the visa approvals, he could have intervened by not intervening in the first place and sending down the direction that these people ought to be given the benefit of the doubt. You've said it, you don't want to say.
Speaker 5: This entire article reads like an absolute nightmare. It goes on to tell some of the stories of these individuals, like this forty five year old Lebanese citizen who permanently relocated to Australia in two and thirteen, raped a thirteen year old in twenty twenty and got to stay because the Appeals Tribunal were just like, oh, well, he's got so many ties to Australia. I don't care if you're want of the founding Bloody Fathers. If you are not an Australian and you come here and you commit the viless crimes, you should be out on your nose immediately.
Speaker 3: That's just one story.
Speaker 5: The article goes on to detail more, some of them involving murder, plenty of them involving pedophiles.
Speaker 3: And Giles is the one who.
Speaker 5: Made this direction ninety nine, which means they get to stay.
Speaker 3: How does this guy still have a job.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know. No.
Speaker 1: I think the best you could probably say about it is that one of them committed his that after he'd been so they didn't have that information for you.
Speaker 2: Sure sure.
Speaker 3: Are we doing me a favor to the front page of the advertiser.
Speaker 5: Now Minister lashes Chinese naval aggression Wong's red line. I'm so shocked she has a line when it comes to China. Chinese military operations are creating a growing risk of accidents and conflict. Foreign Affairs Minister Penny Wong will tell her defending Australia summit in Canberra today, I can't believe this. She's actually saying something along the lines of China are the aggressors, and this maybe is getting a bit dangerous.
Speaker 2: Search again, one minute we're over here, in the next minute, we're over here. I couldn't believe. I read a story today that at one point during the Radgillard years there was a time where we had effectively zero those submarines that we could send underwater. Right. That is how poorly equipped we have been for more than a decade when it comes to defense in this country, and we're really not fixing it all that fast. Off, I've got some submarines coming by the turn of the decade. Well, I mean that may well be too late.
Speaker 1: Turns out there's quite a big lead time for building submarine.
Speaker 2: We should have done it a long time again.
Speaker 1: No, it was a great, great yarn on the front of the Australian that showed that, and nobody knew it was so the situation. Ironically, the situation was so perilously bad that they couldn't even tell anyone that. You know, hey, guys, I just definitely I we don't have any sect moment, but we're hoping to get come by about twenty thirty five. If you could just hold off in your invasion, make hold off for the fashion just anyway. Now here's another This is also going to make you hold on to your hats. The camera times just a blockbuster story on the front page. The protesters warned they quote will be arrested. No talking about our upper middle class friends at elite universities protesting against Israel Students at the an News. I always thought that an News is all.
Speaker 2: I hadn't looked at it like that, but now that you pointed out, I'll never be able to look at it any other way.
Speaker 1: Anyway. You certainly don't want to get involved.
Speaker 2: Does describe what comes don't want to.
Speaker 1: Join the Australian National Association of Lamas anyway. Sudans at the an News pro Palestinian encampment have been given until noon today, that being tomorrow to move on or risk being arrested by police and disciplined under university rules. That's a bit, that's a bit of a far crape and will be arrested. I mean to risk being arrested by police and disciplined.
Speaker 5: And then they took a vote at eleven forty today and then inform the police.
Speaker 3: Now we'll be staying anyway.
Speaker 1: Because the whole point of being a crazy upper middle class socialist protest is you want to get arrested. That's the only way you get any That's.
Speaker 2: Exactly, and you know, all of the officers taking me away, my lily arms, God decade, you might get some strict cred and be able to pick up some you know, hot hippie chicks if you actually get put in the back of the I suppose, well, you're probably right, but there are some hippie bore very high. Probably agree, yeah, yeah, hot because their body temperature keeps rising because they haven't had a shower for a few weeks and they've got all sorts of infections. Let's move on to the Herald Sun, where it says tomorrow see if EMU aims to grab garbos, sparking fears of being collection strikes, pressure on council rates and services, trash takeover, militant, militant, sorry, construction union the c F you was trying to muscle into wage negotiations for thousands of blue collar council workers such as garbos and gardeners, alarming rate payer groups and rival unions, and raising fears of rising pressure on rates and services. Now, this already sort of goes on to some degree in councils whereby the big unions push out the smaller unions, and there are some smaller unions when it comes to pay negotiations. And if you really want to be part of the discussion, you have to join the you know, the AMWU or whatever it might be, at the particular council you're working at, in whatever division you're in. But I mean, if we really want to see our rates go up by twenty percent, and they're already going up by fourteen percent in some districts, just get the seam you involved.
Speaker 5: Mate, you'd be nuts to be a part of any other union.
Speaker 3: By the sounds of this, they get results for there.
Speaker 1: Then, exactly. And the armashuck is a great place to put all the bodies as well. That's right.
Speaker 2: And I'm just wondering, can I get the CEAFM you to come in and do my negotiations here. We'll see about that, John Setka, I'll get you on the phone after the show. All right, coming up after the break, we are going to have the discussion of the century. Is it okay to put your rubbish someone else? Has been. If yours is full webside, I know you're worried about it. For the point, now it seems every council is emptying our bins less and less. Now maybe if the sea, if you gets involved, like we said before, Joe, it'll be emptied even less. But it's sparked a big discussion.
Speaker 1: I looked forward to the c IFBU becoming our bin overlords and settling this million dollar question once and for all. Check it out.
Speaker 3: My red bin fills up so fast.
Speaker 6: So I wait to the dark of night and I put some bin bags and other neighbors bins, and I want to see is this illegal or frownd upon?
Speaker 1: Because I do wait till it's nighttime to go out and do it. Oh, she's like a ninja. I love her. She's a freedom fighter. It's everybody's right to be able to put their rubbish and anyone else's been as long as it's half the.
Speaker 5: Dark, well it is right because at that point it is space they're not going to use.
Speaker 2: It's the neighbor as soon as it's on the And you don't actually own the bin. The council owns the bin. You can't take it with you. To another property if you leave that council right, so why shouldn't you be able to put it's the council's bin here?
Speaker 5: Would be a waste of their efforts not to ensure that every bin on your street.
Speaker 2: Is full exactly, And apparently some people get so upset about it they actually pull the rubbish out of their bin and take it back to the person who put it in that imagine going that far anyway. That's it from us tonight. Up next, the red of Panicky Show Midnight