Speaker 1: Good morning, Melbourne.
Speaker 2: Wakey, wakey, Jason Lauren, start your morning the right way.
Speaker 1: Gonna be great, gonna be a good day.
Speaker 3: This is Jason Lauren.
Speaker 4: No, you're one hundred.
Speaker 3: Well, good morning everybody, and happy for a Friday. We are good clan. Good to know you are safe and well. When I heard there was a nightclub fire on Chapel Street, I was like, oh no, my boy.
Speaker 1: That's near my house. I didn't even you didn't.
Speaker 3: Hear a thing.
Speaker 1: Didn't hear a thing?
Speaker 5: Fifty fire trucks?
Speaker 1: Did you really say fifty fifty that's a big fire. Look at it.
Speaker 6: And that where that is, So if you are in and around Chapel Street, that would be between High Street and Commercial Roads. Chapel Street is all blocked off morning No, but where that is is very residential around there, so they would have they would have been trying to get that out.
Speaker 1: Very cool because it's.
Speaker 5: Further up.
Speaker 1: It's further up actually.
Speaker 5: But the Pran end.
Speaker 2: But it was two am it broke out, and there'd be a lot of traffic around that KFC, which is located just a few the McDonald's.
Speaker 3: Ronald.
Speaker 6: Ronald looks okay so far, it's the opposite side of the road.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jesney Commercial Road there right.
Speaker 3: For a worry, I thought it was around Messina, but that's more winds.
Speaker 6: Chapel Street is a huge thoroughfare for people getting to them from work.
Speaker 3: There's McDonald's.
Speaker 5: Ye fifty we're watching live on the Today.
Speaker 3: Fifty fire trucks. That's unbelievable.
Speaker 1: In fact, I used to live one street from there.
Speaker 5: Did you go to lux nightclub.
Speaker 1: Club?
Speaker 5: And I've been to the night clab?
Speaker 1: Is it opposite the old Chases?
Speaker 5: I think so?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Where was frost Bites back in the day?
Speaker 1: Further up rods Now it wasn't Actually.
Speaker 5: I love frost Bites now called Temperance, isn't is it?
Speaker 1: He used to have the multi colid.
Speaker 3: Slippy imagine a seven eleven.
Speaker 1: That was the end of my street.
Speaker 6: Yeah, right, fell accidentally fell in there on the way home.
Speaker 1: A few times.
Speaker 3: Whenever I'd come and visit Melbourne, I'd end up at frost Spots.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: It was a bit of like people from out of town. They'd say where do you live? If they went from Melbourne and I go just near Chapel Street and they go, is that near frostpot? It was a bit of like an iconic location.
Speaker 3: Do you think we need to bring it back?
Speaker 5: No, I don't think so.
Speaker 3: We could just stand at the seven eleven, poor vodka and people slurpy.
Speaker 6: Talking about the glory days of Melbourne night clubs. Though what about it was actually an article about it that came out.
Speaker 5: Did you ever go to Star Bar?
Speaker 3: Is that like the poor Man's planet Hollywood? No?
Speaker 6: Star Bar was where anyone who wanted to shag a football player would.
Speaker 5: On a Sunday.
Speaker 6: Actually, I think you should only ever been there once. And I was like, get me the hell out of you. I was already dating football party and another one.
Speaker 3: Enough a speak show coming up today. Yesterday Clinton, I got the chance to catch up with the legend himself, Nick Curios. I'm gonna say I found him bloody endearing.
Speaker 1: Now this is interesting.
Speaker 6: I couldn't do the interview yesterday, but Nick Curios can be quite private. He doesn't do a lot of media and I did a big sit down interview with him on the Today Show years ago, and I remember saying that people, he is not what you see his.
Speaker 1: People think he's a bit of a brac.
Speaker 2: He's in a really good place, really happy and We just the interviews.
Speaker 5: We covered some ground.
Speaker 3: We spoke to free balling. Yes, after you hear this interview, you're going to look at him very differently. During the Australian Open, very very his racket and he's coming around to our house.
Speaker 5: He said he would come around to a.
Speaker 1: Tennis court.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, God. Multiple times he really pushed the enhanced it.
Speaker 1: He used to rent a house across the road from me.
Speaker 6: Remember during this day and when I lived in Richmond, every morning I'd get up to go to work, and it was when he was knocked out of the tournament and he'd be coming home training.
Speaker 3: We spoke training, We did chat about that, did you. Yeah, he had to say he had a story about living next door to you across road.
Speaker 1: Thank you put it that way, did he?
Speaker 3: Nick Curios. He's going to join us a little bit later on in the show. Those hand gestures will not make a video on our socials today, They won't. Morning, everyone, let's get into it. This is the kid LaRoy. Hey also coming up, we need to talk AFL draft as well. Our boy is a kangaroo. Morning everyone, this is nov. You are listening to Nova one hundred. You're on the air with Jason and Lauren. Clint is here as well.
Speaker 6: Just avoid that Chapel Street area this morning, Melbourne, which is get a little update from the scene.
Speaker 1: It has been a nightclub fire overnight.
Speaker 2: Our intrepid friend Christina Hearn from the Today Show is there. She centers this live update outside She while people are passing under the crime scene tape to get into McDonald's.
Speaker 6: Yes, it's across the road from McDonald's, but near the KFC on that side of the road on Chapel Street.
Speaker 3: Lucky she was already at the club. She was at the scene ready to cover the story.
Speaker 6: Do we know if the club is open when there's a fire. Get some more details from a McDonald's correspondent, Clint.
Speaker 1: They arrived.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 3: Man has his pulse on the fashion.
Speaker 1: World the other day his pulse on the finger.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the one. You reveal that there is a type of clothing which is slowly taking over the fashion world.
Speaker 2: People are wearing scrubs as casual wear because it's easy, it's comfortable.
Speaker 5: It's a thing.
Speaker 6: I think we've got a fashion crisis in this country. If this is true, Clinton, I.
Speaker 3: Think it's a bloody great idea in fact I've been on a website. Air scrubs are doing fifty. Well.
Speaker 6: I didn't get on air scrubs. I got an Amazon. Yeah some stuff off Bezos drop some hook now. I got black because I thought Melbourne cheek.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yours have arrived already. Look at them.
Speaker 3: You look like dental assistance.
Speaker 1: It's got pocket lots of the pockets.
Speaker 6: Although I'm a bit disappointed because some of them said they had on six pockets.
Speaker 1: Yeah there's sleep.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, that's where it depends.
Speaker 4: Go.
Speaker 3: You can put stuff in your sleeve like a like a police officer.
Speaker 1: They're a bit spandexy.
Speaker 2: Can I feel the material going to look great with your lanyard around your neck.
Speaker 1: And hang on ninety four to six.
Speaker 3: They feel flammable. They do feel flammable.
Speaker 5: I'm so excited for this.
Speaker 1: Put them on, but I'm dressed. Where am I going to get changed?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 6: It's like active where so people are getting around and wearing these at home, out to do the groceries, out to pick the kids up.
Speaker 3: How quick can someone change?
Speaker 9: You?
Speaker 1: Make me do it? Aren't you?
Speaker 5: Okay? Can you go change?
Speaker 1: I'm not a toy.
Speaker 3: We'll wait, we'll wait, how quickly we'll wait?
Speaker 1: So I've got to get my headphones off.
Speaker 2: There, you're probably this probably went from the fact that I had a few friends at Channel nine colleagues, one of which bought them for his wife because it's all she wanted.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's not high on Christmas list.
Speaker 3: But was it a role play like I've always wanted to be with the nurse? I think so.
Speaker 2: I think it's just more out of pure comfort. And then the beautiful and very talented Alicia Loxley said she was at school pickup.
Speaker 3: That's what you were saying.
Speaker 2: And a friend of hers that she knows doesn't work in the industry, like doesn't work in medicine, doesn't work in veterinary sides.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Oh she's here.
Speaker 5: Oh my godh god, look at you.
Speaker 6: I apologize to the guys who were in early in sales that just saw my bare ass in the office as I.
Speaker 5: Got it was worth it though. They look amazing.
Speaker 3: You look professional.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: The only thing you're missing.
Speaker 1: The Milliard and missing pocket up here for my pants.
Speaker 3: Pants you know you need.
Speaker 1: This is what people are wearing.
Speaker 5: Pull a shift at the Alphred.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, she needs a Cross.
Speaker 1: Cross guys. I can get. They're very comfortable.
Speaker 6: It's not a pocket here, so many pockets, there's so many activities.
Speaker 5: She looks great.
Speaker 1: It's very comfy, black, slimming. Well, then I should definitely keep the black.
Speaker 3: We have a new team uniform. We're wearing scrubs.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, stretchy, a bit comfy, a bit like.
Speaker 3: Show merch.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 1: We are not smart enough to be putting our name on scrubs.
Speaker 3: Come on, I think I think that's the only thing we put our name off.
Speaker 5: It's what the people want.
Speaker 3: People want scrubs, people will get.
Speaker 1: Do you think if I went down to Woolies right now, people will be nicer to me?
Speaker 3: Sound like yeah, yeah, probably. I don't know if I'd go to Woolies in South Melbourne at six am in the morning, they'll be honest, though.
Speaker 5: You might.
Speaker 6: Oh no, oh my god, could you help this man over here? No, I'm just wearing these because they're come for on my fire nurse.
Speaker 5: I'm not a nurse.
Speaker 3: I'm just wearing it because it's fashionable.
Speaker 6: Yesterday, Jace got a taste of your flavor, Clint, which is having multiple.
Speaker 3: Joss, I don't know how I don't know.
Speaker 6: How do you work multiple jobs? I work multiple jobs, but not as many as you clean.
Speaker 3: I'll be honest.
Speaker 6: Jace comes here and leaves at nine o'clock and he days his day's done.
Speaker 3: Yeah so at times drive So filed in for Tim Blackwell yesterday because blacks was hosting the Aris.
Speaker 1: Did a great job. Awesome, Joe, great job. I loved that of velvet, double breasted suit.
Speaker 5: Chuck.
Speaker 3: He was very nervous because he has made a career out of taking the piss out of hosts of award shows, and he was very nervous going into He was awesome. Didn't try and be funny, just got out.
Speaker 6: To all the ARIA winners, many of them I not familiar with their work, and I need to really get my finger on the pulse.
Speaker 3: Don't you worry?
Speaker 1: Dom Dollar knew him. Well done, Higgins, well done.
Speaker 3: I jumped in the chair with Ricky, Lee and Joel yesterday afternoon.
Speaker 6: Gee.
Speaker 1: That's easier than this, isn't it.
Speaker 3: It was easier than begging home with three kids. I'll give you the hot This place is very different in the afternoon.
Speaker 1: I bet it is.
Speaker 3: Anyway, a lot of traffic.
Speaker 6: On Ricky Tim and Joel. So I tried to have a listen. I couldn't quite work out how to do it.
Speaker 1: Three on that I couldn't find. Well, I was, I thought about it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I didn't realize you needed an app, an actual separate nover app, we say on. I never realized you actually had to download it from the app store.
Speaker 1: So I did that, and then I didn't have a sign in.
Speaker 3: We call it an app.
Speaker 1: So then I went on the website.
Speaker 6: Turns out our website is not Nova dot com dot are you that place is selling chairs?
Speaker 1: It's nov FM dot com dot the This is not news to us. It was news to me anyway, is not you? No, no, it's not.
Speaker 6: And then I had to get a sign in and I log in and I thought, stuff it, Clint, will tell me what's happening.
Speaker 3: That's because we're collecting your data.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so can I start with some pride?
Speaker 1: I thought it was a scam, so I was like, I'm not signing up here.
Speaker 5: Can I start with some praise? Please?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: I listened, Yeah, not life, but I listened for about four minutes.
Speaker 5: You made no.
Speaker 3: Mistakes, Thank you, Clint.
Speaker 5: Oh why do you make so surprised? How Why why.
Speaker 1: Do you make so many here?
Speaker 5: Exactly?
Speaker 1: Did you try hard?
Speaker 10: Here?
Speaker 1: Did you try harder there?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 5: I was just, folks, why just check in with.
Speaker 1: Our executive producer? Does he make many mistakes?
Speaker 4: Here?
Speaker 5: Document?
Speaker 3: Sorry? Your micon? Sorry? Go again.
Speaker 1: I fill out a document with all of your mistakes every day this week?
Speaker 5: It would be more than thirty. Is it because you were going national that you're hard?
Speaker 3: I think I was just I think I was just focused.
Speaker 1: Well done? What else?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: A few of the points he made on air fell a little flat.
Speaker 5: Should we say let's start with should we start with Joel? Or yeah?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 3: I don't think you know how with us, when we talk about something off air, we always just bring it up on the air.
Speaker 1: Well we sometimes, shouldn't you do we don't.
Speaker 3: I didn't realize they don't do that on this show. I just off singing lessons after the show.
Speaker 11: Oh my god, Yeah, that's been a secret, but okay.
Speaker 3: Show.
Speaker 5: Debut.
Speaker 1: Sorry, See that's a bad.
Speaker 5: Big reveal. You can't be revealing Joel's news.
Speaker 1: Maybe he's going to not be in hot shoe shuffle or something and more.
Speaker 3: I did apologize and then brought up again at the closer. Yeah, they hated about Ricky, her and I have I was about to say, yeastreak working together.
Speaker 1: Okay, what did you work together?
Speaker 3: On Breakfast Show and Brisbane? She filled in and on a maternity contract and she did a bit of time over at.
Speaker 1: The Jason Ricky Lee or Ricky Lee and Jayson.
Speaker 3: That would have been It's Radio. It would have been three nicknames.
Speaker 1: Yeah, labby Ricky and Ratty or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeap the Bacon Boys with Ricky the singer. Oh yeah, don't comment on a labe. I love Ricky, but you shouldn't comment on a lady's age.
Speaker 1: Tim made him say that I'm forty and I'm not forty forty.
Speaker 5: You're lucky.
Speaker 4: You're so lucky you're in.
Speaker 3: Boom alright, not like go really quiet, because I love this. It's just so refreshing.
Speaker 6: Oh I'm glad you do the same to her that you do to me, because you've been telling the whole of Melbourne that I'm forty two for three years.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I know I'm not.
Speaker 3: Look you should you be forty five by then?
Speaker 1: I've stayed stayed on for three years?
Speaker 5: Would you rid it a success?
Speaker 3: I didn't take us off anytime.
Speaker 1: You do that a lot. Here it was more of a success.
Speaker 3: It was good fun. I'm happy here in the mornings with you guys.
Speaker 1: I love Joel and Ricky. Who do you like better?
Speaker 3: I've got more history with Ricky.
Speaker 6: No, I meant out of them and us. Have you got more history with Ricky than are No?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no Ricky Lee No. Definitely you guys like that said with conviction. Big night in the world of AFL last night.
Speaker 2: An exciting night Jayce for more than twenty eight youngsters. I guess you could say teenagers who found their way onto AFL list.
Speaker 1: It's very exciting.
Speaker 6: Any father sons in there because that's where people there was a father.
Speaker 2: And son, Yeah, Levi Ashcroft who yeah, who goes to the Lions, which was really really lovely to see. Also picked up a young fella who we're going to take under our wing here at nov finn O'Sullivan. We spoke to him in the studio yesterday. Can I just say we are like draft oracles because we predicted that he might land at Arden Street. We spoke to him about the prospect yesterday.
Speaker 6: We've been tipped into the fact that North Melbourne might be we're going.
Speaker 1: Do you know the song?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Oh you do?
Speaker 1: Do you know all the songs?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Or no?
Speaker 1: You'd be embarrassed if you went to a club and you didn't know the song.
Speaker 3: Well fin where did he go?
Speaker 5: You better start singing son.
Speaker 12: With Picked two North Melbourne select Finn O'Sullivan from the Oakly Chargers and mcroining there for the pluck.
Speaker 1: Oh good, go pick number two.
Speaker 5: Pick two.
Speaker 1: He's going to be good.
Speaker 5: And he's going to join us in the show st after eight thirty Pick number one. Really, Sam Lawler is his name.
Speaker 2: Best mate to the Tigers now and you know that things are a bit grim this year at Richmond because three hundred of their fans had a draft watch party at Punt Road.
Speaker 5: The theme was hope and sausage rolls as well.
Speaker 1: We needed that we didn't we get like eight players.
Speaker 3: Let's go stuff it up coming the next we're going clubbing. They avoid Chapel Street this morning if you can. It is shut down big time.
Speaker 5: It is between Moulvin and two rac Roads.
Speaker 2: There was a fire overnight And I'm sorry if you're a fan of the Luxe nightclub, but I believe right now is a right Everyone's safe though, right, everyone's safe. It happened around two o'clock this morning. A huge mess. It's caused fifty fire fighters and fifty fire trucks. At the height of the blaze, when that straordinary.
Speaker 3: When that fire hit the toilets of a nightclub, there would have been stuff in there that's flammable. It would have just went.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, you think about if only the walls could talk in a place like that.
Speaker 3: I thank god they can't.
Speaker 5: Well they can't anymore.
Speaker 1: God.
Speaker 6: There were some good nightclubs around melbourneespecially Stretch right Chapel Street used to be humming.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this was a perhassive banger.
Speaker 1: When I was out, was still there, isn't it? Yeah, I think it's only foot one night though, I.
Speaker 3: Think, oh, he's on the site out of the front.
Speaker 6: I used to do every Thursday. I'd go to seven Nightclub fifty two albert Rose, fifty two Alba Road. They added together to seven, so that's how you always knew the address seven night Club.
Speaker 2: I was right, Yeah, I had no idea until you just said it.
Speaker 1: Fifty two Albert Row five and seven seven.
Speaker 6: It had like the nightclub side and then on the other side was like more retro. Yes, my friend Maddy d DJ that all the time. Did anyone out any of our production team go to seven nightclub and they.
Speaker 3: Had seven rooms?
Speaker 5: Yeah, what a surprise that you were.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I did that on a Thursday.
Speaker 3: What do you mean seven rooms?
Speaker 1: There were seven different rooms.
Speaker 3: They had seven different rooms.
Speaker 1: Yeah, different Yeah. My favorite Yeah.
Speaker 5: Cheers in Hawthorne.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Cheers was when I was eighteen.
Speaker 2: What like the old school TV shirt They tossed the box. They did toss the box. You had a coin. You had a coin so you order your drinks. You had a coin heads or tails. The bar man or woman would toss the coin and if you won, the drinks were free.
Speaker 1: Totally.
Speaker 6: They did that thirteen twenty four to ten Melbourne. Let's have a walk down memory lane. What was your favorite pub, bar or club from back in the day. Now every Friday I would go to Fog and then I'd go to Boutique Grebs Revel Straight. It's had many lives.
Speaker 3: It hasn't just the one with the party.
Speaker 1: Susan in Frankston, twenty first century.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sounds like a Chinese restaurant, but this was a night.
Speaker 1: It was a revolving dance floor a little lazy suit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there was another dance for in the city as well. Yeah, what the whole dance for.
Speaker 6: Yes, you'd be stuffed if you had one foot on and one foot off, you'd realized really slowly.
Speaker 3: Like those those restaurants.
Speaker 1: What was the one you said you used to love? Frost Bights, Oh, Frostbites, the multi colored. It had a whole wall of slurpy cocktails.
Speaker 3: Leaving Melbourne for a second, did you ever get a bedroom nightclub?
Speaker 5: On the bedroom?
Speaker 1: Wasn't that a strip joint?
Speaker 2: No, just that the people that worked there wore not a lot.
Speaker 1: It was hot.
Speaker 3: They were like and instead of instead of sitting down on a lounge like you would say clubs, you're on a bed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Clint, did you ever go to Saratoga?
Speaker 5: I went to Saratoga.
Speaker 6: Saratoga was off Track road in South Narrow, Yeah, like a Focus street or something. And it was one of the first night clubs that had unisex toilets.
Speaker 1: And I was like all kinds of.
Speaker 3: Going in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm going.
Speaker 5: To throw one more your way. It's gone now, I know what you're going to say.
Speaker 1: It was fun Cuba, Johnny Rockets was above it.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, the corner Hurrican back in the day you've got it was underground.
Speaker 1: It's where it's.
Speaker 5: On the corner of Capitol Brands and to.
Speaker 6: Rack Road, like where Yuga, the fancy Japanese restaurant is now. That used to be a club called Cuba and it was open to like six I reckon it.
Speaker 5: Was Forever and the Red Room. That's what's the rea. It was red Remember what happened in the Red Room?
Speaker 3: Sounds like.
Speaker 2: Thirteen twenty four to ten? What's your what's your favorite nightclub in Melbourne? Take us down Memory.
Speaker 3: Brody, Executive producer the Thumb. What was the one in Morty Aleck you were telling me about.
Speaker 5: There's a couple there that we shall not speak of.
Speaker 1: But my sister met her husband at Cuba Romances.
Speaker 3: I found one the other day. I don't think it's it's a club dash bar in Brighton near the Brighton train station.
Speaker 1: Club.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like like a little that'd be Locals cocktail bar. It's open to like three.
Speaker 5: The house parties in Brighton.
Speaker 1: There was a puby Glem Waverley.
Speaker 5: Oh, the Mountain Spew.
Speaker 1: The mount View. We are called it the spew.
Speaker 2: The spew you gave, You gave from the Wheelers Hill Hotel to the Spear, to the spew, and you had the night of your life.
Speaker 5: Crazy Horse had played.
Speaker 1: He didn't need to leave. Throw one five.
Speaker 3: Thirteen twenty fourteen night club mems bringing on Melbourne, We're going club and thirteen twenty four ten is our number favorite clubs that you grew up with in Melbourne.
Speaker 1: I got another one I loved was honky Tonks in the city. Honk honky Tonks in the city.
Speaker 6: And people played the saxophone. It was before that Sammy sax guy was cool.
Speaker 3: Do people used to get on it at Planet Hollywood or was it just a dinner Nah?
Speaker 5: It wasn't a big thing here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, failed everywhere.
Speaker 6: At Hollywood, the restaurants that Sylvester Stallone. Yes, I remember the opening at Yes, it was the thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I'm smiling thinking about it. Daisies Nightclub in Ringwood.
Speaker 1: I never went, but my brother, did you know what.
Speaker 2: I just google to see if it was still a thing. It's been bulldozed and it's now a retirement home.
Speaker 1: For people who once flourished there.
Speaker 3: Emily joining us on the line from Black Ben's South nightclub memories. What do you got?
Speaker 10: I have Track Nightclub so formerly Factory, Well I think was Friday night because to your point, I definitely went out to seven on Thursday. Yeah, sit together, and I definitely didn't do the two on the same night.
Speaker 6: Just seven Nightclub fifty two Albert Road on a Thursday into Track night Club, Oh silvers.
Speaker 3: You know that even the addresses of these joints.
Speaker 5: Geez, we parted a lot and how cool if.
Speaker 3: You knew the bouncer or the DJ. Even better Thurday twenty four ten night club memories, bring them on.
Speaker 2: We're talking nightclub memories this morning. Melbourne's nightclub haunts that you kin't of miss a bit that in twenty four ten. To get involved, Lwrence is going through her phone.
Speaker 1: But I'm going through the photo photos.
Speaker 5: On her phone.
Speaker 2: Do you remember when the nightclub photographers used to take photos and we have to.
Speaker 5: Check the website the.
Speaker 1: Next day and put them on Facebook.
Speaker 5: Let's check to see if you've got any nice photos together.
Speaker 3: Where was that photo taking that you just showed me during the song.
Speaker 6: It's Clint myself and just into Campbell then now Franklin at boutique nightclub thirteen years ago was Buddy there.
Speaker 1: I reckon it was right when they first just fresh fresh, she wasn't there or maybe yeah, they just started dating.
Speaker 5: We've got some good ones.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's go to the clubs.
Speaker 6: Nadia, good morning, take us back in time. What was your favorite Melbourne club?
Speaker 13: Good morning guys.
Speaker 2: Well, my first ever nightclub was Billboard.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, still going.
Speaker 13: I'm still going, I think.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I smashed the lumber.
Speaker 13: Used to love.
Speaker 1: I had my twenty third birthday at a Lumbra.
Speaker 6: Yeah, on the pier there and they had right at the end a walk to get down there.
Speaker 1: It was a bit of a height heels. Yeah, it's down. Do you know where Channel seen?
Speaker 6: Where the docklands, where the Marvel Stadium and there's those random.
Speaker 1: I think there's still a club there, but it's called something else.
Speaker 3: Anyone ever ended up in the suit.
Speaker 1: Someone would have tried to swim back.
Speaker 3: What was the club that I would have went to? Crown after the logis Warning or Molly used to.
Speaker 6: Twenty three club twenty three, twenty fifth birthday there?
Speaker 2: Before three it was Heat nightclub and I remember walking in once one day one night actually and Molly was in a cage dancing.
Speaker 3: I think I was.
Speaker 1: That same Heat nightclub is still there, but I don't think.
Speaker 3: It's called Heat anymore.
Speaker 1: That's the karaoke place above the food court at Crowd.
Speaker 3: Where we're going club and du I used to party on a Sunday at You were.
Speaker 6: Trying to hook up with a player, weren't you?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 14: Actually I wasn't away.
Speaker 1: They were all there, the footy player Sunday night.
Speaker 2: Just quickly to Loretta, did you ever start your night at the Depot, because on a Sunday you started at the Depot and you ended up at the Star Bar.
Speaker 1: Well, I actually grew.
Speaker 13: Up in a rabin, so we would party at the Edgy and.
Speaker 2: Then Wild Brills, nothing class, the.
Speaker 3: Shopping center, Shopping rock Bottom.
Speaker 6: A really cool like pubbar and on the Marabanong River in Essendon that everyone used to go to boat No, no, it wasn't called the boat Shed. But all my friends that lived over that side of town are obsessed.
Speaker 1: With this Angler's tavern. Angler's tavern.
Speaker 5: Title.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know you're in a good Let's go to Lauren and Oak Park morning. Where do you used to party? Melbourne everyday night?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 6: My god Eve night Club in South Melbourne so called. You would have been there. Across the road from the McDonald's in South Melbourne.
Speaker 1: Nick Russian owned it, Yes, springs a bell.
Speaker 6: Con Daniel Russian and there was like a room on the side that had these pillars that look if you took photos, look like you're in a cage.
Speaker 5: Yes, And then they introduced Adam.
Speaker 3: Sorry, oh yeah.
Speaker 1: The other side was called Adam, so there was Adam and Egg.
Speaker 2: Adam and good never get phone reception down.
Speaker 5: There was the in between the two a door. It's like a room, special room. She went to Adam. You were like, really cool when you get behind.
Speaker 3: The velvet rope.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: But the thing about Eve, it was a very sad day when that building got demolished.
Speaker 1: I shed a tear.
Speaker 6: Across the road was the South Melburn McDonald's and at about three am, the tax lineup of cars trying to get through the drive through was like insane but always worth it.
Speaker 3: Drive through You vomited him.
Speaker 1: No, that was coming home from a wedding.
Speaker 3: Gotcha much more classic?
Speaker 5: Got one last time? Hear me with Notorious, I did some of my best work. I didn'tous close to here motel.
Speaker 1: Moteltel was so.
Speaker 5: Membership it wasn't membership, did you?
Speaker 1: Motel was also in South Melburaney of the markets.
Speaker 3: I don't think I want to be clubbing at a motel.
Speaker 1: It was just called motel.
Speaker 6: I had a membership at Bootique with the desk stairs up and the stairs clip.
Speaker 1: Sister fell down the stairs a booteak and broke a leg.
Speaker 6: Didn't Breton ride his motorbike into motel one night?
Speaker 3: God, you don't get that fun stuff.
Speaker 5: We must do a nightclub to it.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: I used toill love an illusion shaker at room as well.
Speaker 3: That shots were big that back then. Weren't they get get.
Speaker 1: You'd get those illusion shake its? Yeah, do you remember those?
Speaker 3: Yeah? They light up on the Gold Coast they had lights in them.
Speaker 1: Did try and steal the shape?
Speaker 5: I think rooms a swingers club now, is it? I think we must go.
Speaker 3: We must go. Hey, Lauren, thanks for Johnny's on the air. I'm going to hook you up with the VIP double pass to go to Colfield's Spring final. It's happening November thirty for the Nova Spring Series. That's yours, Doe so much, No worries.
Speaker 1: We'll see you as the Swingers Iconic.
Speaker 3: It is just gone a minute past seven. We are talking nightclubs because there was a big fire at Lux Nightclub last night on Chapel Street. Everyone is safe, no one injured, but.
Speaker 6: Chapel Street is blocked off near the McDonald's and the KFC there, so avoid the area.
Speaker 1: If you can.
Speaker 3: Well, good morning everyone. Hey we've got a huge show coming up. How would you like to next Friday? Open your front door, see us there and say hey, we are here to take you to Tollerborrow.
Speaker 1: We are.
Speaker 6: We're here at your front door because you're going to Canada to see Taylor Swift.
Speaker 1: In her closing show of the Ears tour. Can you believe that.
Speaker 3: Team like accommodation and tickets to her final show in Vancouver.
Speaker 1: You know how good that is going to be.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: She'll imagine to her what are relief up to two years?
Speaker 3: I think it'll be a very emotional night.
Speaker 1: It's been the greatest tour of all time. You could be there.
Speaker 3: Then imagine me in the final twenty two hat person.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she'll do something special as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there'll be some sort of wicked surprise that coming.
Speaker 3: She might up the size of the twenty two hat, go Barrell.
Speaker 2: Will you so obsessed with the twenty two hats? So are you jealousy?
Speaker 1: Attention to any other part of the concert style?
Speaker 15: What about when she climbed on the roof, I went to the bars, so yeah, breaking out of the treehouse enchanted. Yeah, the enchanted era when the treehouse came out, pull your partner, merch store.
Speaker 5: He touched me. He goes, Ah, she's on the roof, Let's go to the merch store.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And he came back and he bought that merch store out of the hole, gave it to anyone around him. He took his niece and her friend.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: He was really Clinton and I were like, what about.
Speaker 8: Us, Well, what about us?
Speaker 3: Not in your size? Guys are coming up. We will give you a chance to get on the standby list to see in Canada.
Speaker 1: Not yet, but will make it very clear when it's time.
Speaker 3: Nick Curios on the show after eight o'clock, but coming up right after this Lozzi.
Speaker 6: Guys, there is something that everybody in Melbourne can get involved in. And I promise you it is going to make you feel great about the world.
Speaker 3: And I think it'll make you Christmas too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, something nice for everyone and he's the best.
Speaker 3: Bit doesn't cost you a cent?
Speaker 5: Not a cent.
Speaker 3: We'll go there after Billie Eilish coming up later on this hour. One of our favorite segments describe your partner as a meal your fiancee Paul described you as.
Speaker 6: A rice paper roll and why Lauren, because they look good, but they're a bit disappointed they don't hit the spot. I actually love them. I think he's picking the wrong flavor.
Speaker 4: Gods what.
Speaker 9: Jason Lawrence Frea connects to Christmas?
Speaker 3: You're a love actually fan. I was listening to Hugh Grant on the SmartLess podcast this week.
Speaker 1: Is he on it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's on it.
Speaker 1: I'll be listening to that tonight.
Speaker 6: Cheeky Love actually is my favorite movie of all time, and I watch it on the first of December every year on Christmas Eve because.
Speaker 5: The networks play it over and Overmber.
Speaker 3: He says on the pocat he makes his wife watch one of these movies each week?
Speaker 1: Does it?
Speaker 6: I think he's taking the piss Oh right, I make Paul listen to this show every morning from six a m.
Speaker 1: Don't that's not true? No, And we are just over a month till Christmas. So he started talking. I know, I know. People got their trees up. Everyone's gone early.
Speaker 3: Everyone this year started.
Speaker 6: Becky Judd's put up her her What would you call it? It's like a what do you call that? Hard plastic? Okay, it's not like a tree or branches.
Speaker 2: It's like a controversial inflatable Santa.
Speaker 6: No, it's not inflatable perspects pink perspects tree.
Speaker 1: It's really cool. Sorry tree once and ever, Judd's gone lots of Oh no, I love it.
Speaker 3: Maybe at the.
Speaker 6: She's away for Christmas, because I get a faky when I'm away for Christmas.
Speaker 3: Maybe at the front of Maya.
Speaker 5: Yes, so she's just flogged it from my she's working in visual merchandise.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 6: Good on your beck Everyone's got their trees up early this year. I think mine might go. This might be a Saturday job.
Speaker 2: I think people are doing it early because they want a nice little hit of festive joy.
Speaker 1: Something to be excited about it.
Speaker 6: Well, another thing that could brighten your day is what we are doing here next Wednesday, Melbourne. We want you to think about someone you miss because a girlfriend of mine messaged me that I haven't seen about five or six years last week and I cannot tell you how much it brightens my weekend just hearing her voice. She sent me a voice note, well, voice noting back and forth. So a lot of people in Melbourne have been contacting us saying they've got the person that they haven't spoken to for no reason.
Speaker 1: Life.
Speaker 3: There's no falling out and it's just, you know, life got in the way.
Speaker 6: Life gotten the way. Maybe you moved away, maybe they moved away. COVID ruined friendships. And we've been to talking to people about it because next Wednesday, twenty seventh of November, we want everyone in Melbourne to text someone they've been thinking of.
Speaker 1: So don't do it today. Give me a call, say hello.
Speaker 3: Next Wednesday will be next. Send a voice note as reconnect day.
Speaker 6: Reconnect to day next Wednesday, twenty seventh of November, Melbourne.
Speaker 3: We did get this phone call earlier this week. Melinda in Endeavor Hills. What's your story?
Speaker 16: Yeah, my friend Andique we used to work together six seven years ago. She was the best. She was there for me in a really hard time, no judgment, no anything. It's hard to find people like that.
Speaker 6: How much would you love just to reconnect and just have a laugh with her.
Speaker 16: I would love to go out with her.
Speaker 4: Censor reunion video.
Speaker 1: So that was Monday.
Speaker 6: Off the back of the conversation we had, right, we got a DM on Monday afternoon saying, hey, guys, my friend Belinda rang today and was on air talking about our friendship. She sounded so emotional. I'm shattered that she's been feeling like that because it truly feels like yesterday. We saw each other at work every day.
Speaker 3: We've got what are the odds that they were listening.
Speaker 6: I know, I know she heard her friend talking about it and thirteen twenty fourteen. If there's someone that you know that you feel the same about, we've got Monique on the line right now.
Speaker 1: Morning Monique, Morning, guys.
Speaker 14: Did you have to replay it?
Speaker 5: Right? It's beautiful.
Speaker 6: So you're driving along on the way to work and you heard Blender and you're like, oh my god, this is about me, this is us.
Speaker 17: Yeah.
Speaker 14: Initially I was a little bit naive to the situation because, like I said, it literally feels like yesterday that there's like no time in between. And then yeah, hearing what she said, I was just gut it that that's how she's been a feeling, But did it make.
Speaker 1: You miss the friendship as well?
Speaker 14: Oh of course yeah instantly. It's just like because yeah, it literally just had felt like not five and.
Speaker 3: Six years definitely haven't you reached out? Is it just my same reason? Just life gets in the way.
Speaker 14: Life gets in the way. She has a crazy little toddler, Luke, like you mentioned it as well, Jase, that I'm I'm the Clint in my friendship group. I'm the single girl. And yeah, sometimes you're just like, oh, they're busy, like the Yeah, they've got their busy life and a toddler. And we were both working early childhood, so I get it, and you don't want to be that inconvenience you're like, hey, like let's go out.
Speaker 5: Let's go do something.
Speaker 3: I think that would hurt her to know that. You look at.
Speaker 2: Like, just quickly, Monique, what is it that you love about your friend Belinda?
Speaker 14: I'm probably the one that's a little bit more blunt and like straight to the point where she has always sort of brought me back down and been like hang on, like look at it from this angle. Even with everything she's been through, she's like a very empathetic person. And I know like if I was to go through anything like, I could definitely reach out and yeah she'd be there.
Speaker 6: But you used to work together. It's been what five or six years since you've seen each other or spoken to each each other. Well, we've got Belinda on the line right now, girls say, hid all got.
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 3: I didn't want to.
Speaker 14: It's not good radio. If we're just gonna cry.
Speaker 1: Can someone say something I miss you?
Speaker 4: Do?
Speaker 3: I can eddie motion in your voice? Belinda? Was that nice? Hearing her talk about the friendship?
Speaker 16: It was so nice and I'm so glad that she heard it. And I meant every word.
Speaker 1: And what did she mean to you? Belinda?
Speaker 18: Oh?
Speaker 5: She was.
Speaker 16: She was just an all round friend. Like we we spoke about everything. Honestly, we spoke about everything.
Speaker 6: Got those friends, And sometimes it is at work because you leave that at work and you don't carry it with you all day.
Speaker 1: Right, many, How nice is it to hear Belinda's voice?
Speaker 17: Yeah?
Speaker 14: Really good.
Speaker 1: We'll let you guys connect off the air.
Speaker 6: But I thanks to be getting in touch and being a part of this, because I think everybody listening has that friend that they just haven't spoken to in a while for no reason.
Speaker 3: Well, our number is thirteen twenty four to ten to join us on the air. If you're listening to this and you've got that friend that jumped into your mind, it's and it's for so many different reasons, right yeah, let us know who it is and why you've drifted apart. Thirteen twenty four ten to join us on the air. And next Wednesday we are reconnecting for Christmas. Dudinus, what I move?
Speaker 9: Jason Laws reading next to Christmas.
Speaker 6: Yes, Melbourne, we want to bring us all together for Christmas. So put your thinking cap on and think about someone you miss, someone you haven't seen for a while, someone you haven't caught caught up with, purely because life's just gotten the way, but.
Speaker 5: Also it feels so good.
Speaker 3: Well, I've literally spent since we started doing this, each day when I'm driving home thinking of a different.
Speaker 6: Pers Yeah, yeah, yeah, So hold it. If you've got someone, just sit on it. And if you haven't thought of someone yet, just keep thinking about it, because next Wednesday is the day and we're all going to do it together.
Speaker 1: Because it takes the awkwardness.
Speaker 6: Off, you can say, hey, are you I heard this thing on no over on Jason Lauren saying it's time to reconnect with people we're miss and that's you.
Speaker 3: These people are getting involved what.
Speaker 19: I met this amazing girl called Chelsea through my ex boyfriend, and hearing you guys talk about it on air has just made me really want to reach out to her again. We haven't really spoken since my X and I broke up, and yeah, I really miss her.
Speaker 18: Hey, I'm Nick and I'd love to catch up with an old family friend, Tom. Our parents were family friends back in the day. We went to school together and then some stuff went down and we haven't really caught up since. So hopefully I'll be able to catch up with you, Tom.
Speaker 1: Hey, my name is Alison.
Speaker 20: I really want to reconnect with my old friend Kate. We used to get a UNI together. We were inseparable, but life got in the way. We've got different jobs. I haven't seen her in the years, but I really misheard. I've been thinking about it a lot now, especially the lead up to Christmas, and I think it'd be great.
Speaker 3: To reconnect with her. An interesting one that got brought up there. Sometimes you lose connection with a friend because you might have met them through an next partner.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and they've broken up people think they need to take a side, and really, you know, a few years down the track, you're like.
Speaker 3: Oh, m's take outside.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: But also things settle and all of a sudden you're like, oh, well, I was just really protective of my friends, and I probably now I've lost a great friend in the process too.
Speaker 1: So it's those kind of friendships that you miss.
Speaker 6: Maybe it's a colleague that you used to work with that you haven't spoken to in a long time. Maybe, like me, it was one of my best friends that I spent every weekend with in my sort of eighteen nineteen twenties thirty mid twenties.
Speaker 1: Can I miss her?
Speaker 5: Depends on the depends on the ex partner.
Speaker 6: Sometimes, Oh no, don't reconnect with an X. That no different story that is not reconnect with an X is another day next Wednesday.
Speaker 3: Throw the leg over one more time as a day will celebrate next year.
Speaker 1: Reheating old the sleep is another day this year.
Speaker 5: It is reconnect ate Some soup needs to go unheeded.
Speaker 3: Yep, can you remember down for me?
Speaker 5: Brother?
Speaker 3: Thanks mate, Joanne and Duloma.
Speaker 1: Right morning, Joe.
Speaker 13: Good morning, good morning, guys.
Speaker 1: How are we where? Good? Is this struck a chord with you. Is there someone yet thinking about it?
Speaker 13: Has it?
Speaker 10: Has?
Speaker 13: There is someone I'm thinking about. Her name is Sarah Yep. Sarah's from Brunswick, and we were besties all through primary school, all through high school, even a little after high school when I moved to Werribee and she was still in Brunswick. We still had that connection and then weddings happened, babies happen, and we just lost touch. It was just, yeah, just lost touch. She did come to my fortieth so I just reach out to her, but that was eight years ago and we haven't seen each other since.
Speaker 3: When she rocked up at the fortieth was it was it like there was no time the past.
Speaker 13: It was it was it really was. We just brought back old memories and you know, used each other's nicknames that we had for each.
Speaker 1: Other, names.
Speaker 5: Special Joe. Sorry, what made a special Joe?
Speaker 13: I think just that we grew up together and our families were friends as well, and her mum and dad are great. I think I believe they still live in the same count in Brunswick. And yeah, we just spoke about things that you wouldn't talk to other people about.
Speaker 3: And right, that's a theme that's coming up.
Speaker 1: You can't make that up with anyone else.
Speaker 6: Joe, do you love the idea of this day of reconnecting with an old pel I do?
Speaker 5: I do.
Speaker 13: I do love it, And it sort of gives me an excuse too. I mean I probably could. I've only got her on Messinger, so that's okay. You know, I could easily just send her a message.
Speaker 3: But it's just that initial message, isn't it.
Speaker 13: Yes, Yes, most definitely.
Speaker 1: So you're going to do it next Wednesday on reconnect Day?
Speaker 7: I am.
Speaker 13: I am gonna definitely do it, And I do hope she's listening because she'll know exactly, she'll recognize my voice, she'll know the history name. Her nickname was Soccer and mine was Joza.
Speaker 18: Know that.
Speaker 1: So she's listening.
Speaker 6: Get ready next Wednesday, you guys are gonna catchup and you.
Speaker 3: Know what, she's at the nail on the head. Use this as the reason or excuse to reach out. It takes away the awkwardness. Just Hey, I heard about reconnect Day on Nova. You jumped into my mind straight away. How you're being It doesn't.
Speaker 6: Mean you have to have this huge commitment that you're going to see each other every week and it's just like, hey, I've been thinking of you, and it's so nice to think so fondly of someone that you used to spend so much time with and know that you've still got it.
Speaker 3: And then you don't have to talk to them for another year until we roll this day out again next year once again. No one injured, thank god. But a huge nightclub fire last night on Chapel Street.
Speaker 1: I believe the road might still be closed nightclub.
Speaker 3: If you've got anything in the lost and found, it is a lost so it's.
Speaker 6: It's new commercial road there. Just trying to avoid that area. Chapel Street is closed.
Speaker 5: Between two Rak and Mulven Road. It's closed.
Speaker 3: He imagine the lost and found and in the nightclub.
Speaker 5: So they lost some stuff in a nightclub, including my crew.
Speaker 6: You know what, all the things I've lost in a nightclub, I've never once gone back to pick it up. Really, I've never once called the Lost and Found because I'm just like, I want to return to the seat of the crime.
Speaker 1: Nope, I ain't going back there.
Speaker 3: What have you lost there?
Speaker 1: Like jackets?
Speaker 6: It's always jackets, Yeah, that the girls take off and then you go just leave it here and I'll grab it later.
Speaker 3: He got some stuff you missed in news, Clint.
Speaker 2: There's a new word of the year. You know how we have this basically November every year. They being the sore stop exactly.
Speaker 3: Some of the ones that like that.
Speaker 6: What's the big dictionary company h.
Speaker 11: Encyclopedia Colins No, there's like a something dictionary that add a word, you know, the ad new word Oxford Oxford, thank you the Oxford.
Speaker 5: This is an Oxford one because this is the Australian word. It is Colesworth.
Speaker 3: What I've never.
Speaker 6: Heard of to put it in a sentence and we'll see if we can work out what it means.
Speaker 2: I'm really angry at Colesworth, Colesworth. I'm being ripped off at Colesworth.
Speaker 3: Colesworth and Cole's combined.
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 1: It's coles and got a rawer end of the deal there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 5: So basically people are outraged. Obviously, cost of living.
Speaker 3: Remember Bilow.
Speaker 5: Cash and carries worth. That's not a word, well it is now.
Speaker 1: Has anyone in Melbourne ever used that word?
Speaker 5: Colds or worth?
Speaker 21: No thrills, thrills, frills, frills, frills, thrills, frills, frills. I'm saying that frills, Campbell's Cash and Carry, Franklin's no frills, Franklin Frills.
Speaker 5: You know what we're talking about.
Speaker 1: No, I'm too young, any I know an in Melbourne's ever.
Speaker 5: Said that was worth just getting Nick down to Colesworth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you go either. That's a hard note from me. Colds you guys don't costca yet yet.
Speaker 1: What do you mean it's been like fifteen years of course, just.
Speaker 3: Checking you don't you don't scream bolt to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I got over it after a while, but I did quite enjoy it because it's in the Docklands when I worked at Channel L Costco.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I need Oh my gosh, thirteen twenty four ten is out and I'm going to get on the standby list. We are hooking you up with flights, accommodation and tickets to the closing night of the eras to our win. It here on over one hundred a guaranteed Melbourne winner. We will leave the studio next Friday, but we'll drive to someone's house in Melbourne to pick them up and take them to tell them Marie.
Speaker 6: Oh my gosh, these tickets are virtually impossible to get. Yeah, like the hardest hottest tickets in town and we could be sending you. All right, let's take some calls. Maddie from Sorry Hill's good morning.
Speaker 3: Good morning, you are on the list.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, thank you.
Speaker 6: No welcome, Let's go to thank hilden our Belle, good morning. You take your son, mom and son trip to Canada to bad Cooper.
Speaker 5: It's not just Marvel Stadium, this is Canada.
Speaker 3: Well, good luck, you are on the list. Well done.
Speaker 5: How about Bethany, good morning?
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 5: Do you love?
Speaker 1: Are you a swifty? Did you get to go when she was in Australia?
Speaker 10: I did.
Speaker 22: They went to one of the nights.
Speaker 10: It was amazing.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, how good was it? I just loved it.
Speaker 6: I got goosebumps when she appears on that big yeah feather thing at the.
Speaker 3: Start, even the countdown when the clock came up, screaming, it was so loud.
Speaker 6: It was so loud. All right, good luck Bethany. You need to take your boyfriend if you go.
Speaker 5: Boy.
Speaker 3: This was the closing song, wasn't it for al Summer?
Speaker 5: No, that was the opening song.
Speaker 3: I was the open Yeah.
Speaker 5: She finished with karma Ah did you got me?
Speaker 1: The boy on the Chiefs Coming home to move.
Speaker 3: The wind was up the other day her concert, so.
Speaker 1: It took two people to carry the giant feathers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the feather people. People got blown away.
Speaker 1: They thought they were going to take off feathers like kite.
Speaker 6: Surfers into the crowd with the big feathers.
Speaker 3: This was the closer.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, the weekend, your chance to see in Vancouver, with another chance coming up later in the show to stay.
Speaker 2: Care would how would Taylor describe Travis Big Travis as a.
Speaker 3: Meal, a buffet? Do you reckon because there's plenty of him to go around?
Speaker 1: She ain't sharing, She ain't Sharon Travis.
Speaker 3: Co describe your partner as a meal? Royo otis taking out four big awards to last night to Arias hosted by Nova's very own Tim Blackwell. He did a ripping job. He did.
Speaker 1: He did a great job, very smart. The royal load disguise.
Speaker 6: Does he not because he wants to be not recognized, just keeping up the illusion. I didn't realize that until I saw him on the Arias last night. He was on a fair now get a load of this. He was on a fairest wheel in Copenhagen, accepting all his awards covering.
Speaker 5: They also do a good murder on the dance floor on the dance very very cool.
Speaker 3: I'm going to need that. Maybe, can you get me murder of the dance for please? So they're doing the original Wilson from Home Improvement.
Speaker 6: Yeah, covering their face like Sea and Sea wore the giant bomb.
Speaker 5: Yes, he was. He was the first.
Speaker 3: He was ahead of his time.
Speaker 6: You could see his eyes though you can't see anything about you know, when.
Speaker 3: They used to do the premiere of Home Improvement each season, he would rock up with a little wooden fence and he'd hold it over his face while walking the carter.
Speaker 5: He did.
Speaker 2: Wilson not reveal himself in the last Home Improvement episode.
Speaker 5: Don don don don don't.
Speaker 3: Dun doun.
Speaker 6: Held with Mimosa Homes an award winning new home builder. Is that one of Mimosa Homes fifty display homes across Metro Melbourne.
Speaker 4: And Geelong.
Speaker 3: In I gave before we give out details on our Home Improvement viewing party, let's go to the phones.
Speaker 6: Thirteen twenty four ten is our number to describe your partner as amial.
Speaker 3: I can't believe this segment's now sponsored Mimosa Homes re collection homes starting from one hundred and only nine thousand, nine hundred plus free sidecasts. A visit Mimosa homes dot com dot are you They know how to build the people love it.
Speaker 6: They're a nice time all right, let's go. Let's go to Adele in Geelong Morning. Describe your partner as a meal.
Speaker 14: Hi, I would describe my partner as a PARMI why, he's just super reliable.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's a classic, that's true. You can't go wrong with the parmy, can you.
Speaker 5: It's a parma you're doing?
Speaker 3: What are you?
Speaker 1: You're a Queensland. Do you say parme or parma?
Speaker 5: He'd say, buddy, something completely different.
Speaker 1: A schnitzel, chase Hammon tomorrow, that's so.
Speaker 5: You'd say, and pineapple on it. They'd hope pineap.
Speaker 3: I just get a schnitzel.
Speaker 1: Snitty. I'm more a snitty gal.
Speaker 3: The hand freaks me out. I don't like to combine.
Speaker 1: Meats, meat on meat, all right.
Speaker 3: Thirteen twenty four ten is our numbers.
Speaker 2: Check in with Lena from Oakley, Good Morning Money.
Speaker 3: To describe your partners a meal?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 23: I would just tribe another as an avocado.
Speaker 14: He's super sensive, So if you say something a little bit too high, she doesn't recover from it.
Speaker 1: Yees, does he get bruised.
Speaker 14: He's bruised and he threw the whole thing out.
Speaker 5: Do you give him a little squeeze to make sure that he's ripe?
Speaker 23: No, I just go straight for it.
Speaker 1: Good on you, Emma, Emma, morning morning.
Speaker 10: I would say that my partner is like a steak because he's tough and hard on the outside, but he's juicy and lovely on the inside.
Speaker 1: Oh he sounds hot, Emma, he's what in the middle? Sorry, juice inside?
Speaker 3: Like him medium?
Speaker 7: Ran medium?
Speaker 5: Do you sometimes source him up?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Do you like a hot mustard?
Speaker 3: Okay, Lauren, come on, this is just a little fun little game.
Speaker 1: No one described user hot angle, carry and Ballarat.
Speaker 3: What do you got for us morning?
Speaker 1: Guys?
Speaker 3: We are good.
Speaker 14: That's my husband's Martha. Why because he makes me work, rest and play?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Boy, yes, carry Wow, Carry's house is fun.
Speaker 3: Looais an Ace Melbourne. Describe your partner as a meal.
Speaker 10: Hi, guys, he's a cake.
Speaker 22: He's delicious, but he's not for you.
Speaker 1: Delicious but not good for you.
Speaker 3: He's a bad boy.
Speaker 5: Sometimes that icing on top is just delicious.
Speaker 3: Be all right, that's funny because you're not with you, Quinn, I like my cakes moist.
Speaker 1: Well, no one likes to drig hake.
Speaker 3: No, that is true, Jane us up, describing partner as a meal. Good morning, Good guys, you're born.
Speaker 16: I toast the sandwich and hits the spot.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's not bad. You can't go wrong with the toast.
Speaker 3: You cannot go wrong with a toasty to take us to the break, it's cool, Yeah, it's not bad.
Speaker 1: Cleaned up last night on every Aria possibly.
Speaker 3: Well they won fau.
Speaker 1: That's every every area they possibly could.
Speaker 5: Good cool And Lauren, you were saying they cover their face.
Speaker 1: Well only one, Only one covers.
Speaker 5: Wilson in the finale of Home Improvement revealed his face. But look, what do you want to see?
Speaker 3: God? That break really had a lot in it, didn't there he is to his face.
Speaker 5: Oh he shouldn't have revealed it. He looked better behind the fence.
Speaker 3: Good morning, mel In car Niggie, welcome to the show.
Speaker 6: Hi, I love Carnig.
Speaker 1: It's got some great is it cun nang roight yep?
Speaker 3: I was there picking up a check yesterday. What's the bank like? I was outside the bank there? Mail is that? Is that a pub?
Speaker 10: It looks pretty cool.
Speaker 14: But I haven't made my way down there yet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right in pub, bro, do you leave that way?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 6: That makes sense because you can't actually get into a bank these days. They're all turning into pubs.
Speaker 5: It's great. You can actually have dinner in the vault where they open the vault and they've got like a little table in there. It's really cool, really.
Speaker 6: Really the bank in Carnegie Carne.
Speaker 1: All right, mal, let's see if we can win use some cash.
Speaker 6: Speaking of banks, I believe you want to go for the five hundred dollars question, the medium question.
Speaker 3: Yes, please, smart lady, five hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: I heard this before and I got it right. Yeah, Jake's got it wrong. I got it right.
Speaker 6: You're gonna hear a question. You're can hear a three two, one countdown mail. You have to answer that within that time. If you are correct, five hundred bucks coming your way?
Speaker 3: Can I remind on you if you don't know? Yes, it is all thanks to fun Fields. Fun Fields has it all? Australia's biggest water slides grabby season passed today at fun Fields Theme Park. You know they're building the lazy river.
Speaker 1: Oh you float, that's my kind of right, Yeah, I hear you just.
Speaker 5: Float, I promise Cleer.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, it like lazy.
Speaker 5: Sit on a tube? Yeah, YouTube, where you go?
Speaker 3: I promise Clinn if he's a good boy, I'll take him over summer.
Speaker 5: We're going.
Speaker 3: We are going, all right, mel are you ready?
Speaker 1: I'd be a bad boy just to avoid that.
Speaker 5: If I read.
Speaker 3: Five one hundred dollars he comes your question.
Speaker 5: Once.
Speaker 4: Two colors are on the Turkish flag.
Speaker 1: Three two flee and that's what you said, Jay screen red? No, it's red.
Speaker 6: And why it's a red flag? It's got the white crescent, moon and star.
Speaker 5: The Turkey.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's right. I'll tell you what. I'm going to hook up with the VIP double past I miss peaking up taking over Corefield Spring Final November thirty for the Nova Spring series. You can head off to the track on.
Speaker 5: Us and Happy Birthday tomorrow as well.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah for birthday guess or age? Oh no, say does say it on the screen.
Speaker 5: I'll give you that.
Speaker 3: It is Jas and Lauren Clint's here as well. We're doing and thanks to what If It's Ozzy for travel and yesterday afternoon, Clinton and I got the chance to catch up with our next guest.
Speaker 2: He's an intriguing character, Jace, and he's on the comeback trail as well, which I'm really excited about, and I think you will discover he's really pumped about as well.
Speaker 3: He will be the person everyone is talking about come January for the AO. It is Nick Curios.
Speaker 17: Our next guest is one of the few people in the world who has beaten the big three of.
Speaker 4: Tennis Djokovic, Federer and Nada.
Speaker 3: Oh what a shot.
Speaker 4: So he's at Australian legend no One for his fast serve and his fast mouth.
Speaker 5: Please welcome to the show, Nick, carry out.
Speaker 3: In the famous words of Dan Andrews, let's get on the beers.
Speaker 4: Hello mate, that's I'm good mate. That's very relevant.
Speaker 17: Although I haven't been on the beer as much because I'm preparing for the Eyes Open. But afterwards I can all assure you that we'll be getting on the strider, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: We'll get to the beer in a sec. But we've missed you, Nick, Have you missed us? Have you have you missed the game?
Speaker 17: Yeah, I mean, look, it's been a it's been a very eventful last couple of years. And look, I think earlier in my career, if I was injured like this, I'd probably be a bit shattered. But you know, it's part of I guess, being an athlete, and every athlete goes through and we see, you know, it's just another part of the journey. But I'm just really glad to be back. And you know, obviously playing the Brisbane International first is going to be a lot of fun, and and just been playing in front of the home crowd again and hopefully being able to you know, bring the crowds to entertainment and a couple of wins as well.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I'm really happy to be back.
Speaker 3: God, it'd be bloody good to have you back in Melbourne come January. And you're right, you know, a bit of entertainment because you know, I know sometimes it's odd Nick, You're loud, you're outspoken stuff, you bring a bit of life to the sport.
Speaker 4: I say, yeah, yeah, definitely.
Speaker 17: I think it's a very interesting time at the moment in the tennis world. Obviously we see you know, Djokovic, you know, I think we could all say he's at the tail end of his career, he's still a phenomenal player, but Nadel literally today officially his last ever time we're going to see him on the court. Federer gone. So look, there's some there's some amazing players still out there. But I think the game is a bit bland at the moment. And you know, everyone's like liking each other and everyone's friends with each other. I just I hate that ship, to be honest. Everyone's like everyone's best mate, and I'm just like, that's that's not I mean as Ossie's as well. Like you look at our sports, they're rough as they're rough as anything your AFL, NRL.
Speaker 4: Like that's why we watch. We watch for entertainment.
Speaker 17: We watch for bad blood, we watch for you know, something maybe happening, and we want. You know, I'm all for being friends off the call. I just think there's a bit too much respect inside the lines at the moment.
Speaker 3: It's the same in radio. I'll give you a hot tip. We're not going for l soon.
Speaker 5: Nick. You're happy, mate? Are you happy?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 17: I look, I think I guess I'm not sad. I guess that's how I do it. I mean, like my life at the moment's a whirlwind obviously been doing a lot of things on and off the court. But look, I just yeah, I mean I'm doing great. I'm always staying busy, and you know I've been I think I've been doing a lot more I guess charity work and spending a lot of more time.
Speaker 4: With kids and stuff.
Speaker 17: So I guess that's that's something that I genuinely enjoy I love doing, and I think that's almost probably been the most humbling and definitely the most powerful experience that I've been really tried to put an effort towards the last couple of years, so I think it's helping me. You know, not take anything for granted, but yeah, look, I feel I feel amazing, and I'm just really excited for the next couple of months.
Speaker 3: Go with me here. You got me in trouble. The other day, my w was walking past the bedroom door and the door was shut. She heard like some strange sounds coming out of the bedroom. It was a video Nick I was watching, but hang on, she opened the door and you had me in bloody tears. It was Adrian Portelli put this little sick kid on a play and flew him to meet Nick, and Nick was signed a tennis racket gave it over to what a little legend he was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Harrison was. He was.
Speaker 17: He was a character. And you know, obviously when you see someone like that who has the reality rare. Yeah, I mean he has, he has. He's the only person in Australia with with that condition.
Speaker 4: And I mean, look, he had a lot of life about him.
Speaker 17: To be honest, I mean, if he's going to be listening to this family, he was still cheeky, so that a lot attitude and still enjoyed every every little moment.
Speaker 4: And look that's what I mean.
Speaker 3: I mean, really you could tell you made his year mate. It was just such a nice moment. It was really really cool, well done, Yeah it was.
Speaker 4: It was awesome.
Speaker 17: So yeah, I'm be doing more of that and hopefully, you know, I could bring some of these people down to AO if they're able to come and give him a you know, cool experience.
Speaker 5: You need poor Telly's private jet, that's what you mean.
Speaker 4: I don't fly private often.
Speaker 3: To be honest.
Speaker 4: He's he's an.
Speaker 5: Older you're a man of the people.
Speaker 3: You're gonna buy next year's block.
Speaker 17: Ah, Man, He's he's hustling all respect the man. He's he's he's he's building the empire, that's for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're doing pretty well. All right, let's talker. He's got his own bite. Where did this come about?
Speaker 17: So it's actually it's it's a crazy story because you know, I've got a really good personal relationship with one of the other owners. I met him he actually owns a nightclub in Sydney and I was going out so often. We became good friends, and then I know what happens, and then we were like, you know what, let's let's do this, like let's you know, I mean it's all about I mean, it all comes down to just being you know, proud to be Australian. And look, I'm not going to deny like I love having a drink. You know, I'm my local pub all times. So I was like, look, I really want to do this and I feel like it's not slowing down here in Australia, you know, everyone loves to have a good time, and especially with the Aussie summer coming around, I felt it was so fitting to try and do something. And one of the breweries is literally in gold and forty five minutes from my house. I was there with my mum showing her how everything kind of runs and how it's how it's all made. So yeah, I was just an idea and we put it together and now it's in full flow and and also tastes amazing, by the way, Like I'll personally deliver it to your houses, both of you.
Speaker 4: Strider at four point fours.
Speaker 3: They're dangerous. Did your mum get on it when she was at the brewery.
Speaker 4: She did taste it, My mom, she did taste it. I'm not gonna lie. She's in hospital at the moment. The poor.
Speaker 17: Nah, she she'll be okay, she'll be okay. But yeah, she did have a little sip. She doesn't mind a little red wine.
Speaker 4: But she did have a bit of the beer and she loved it. And look, I just love the people.
Speaker 17: Like obviously, you know, I had a lot of you know, getting to this point in my career, you have a lot of options of who you want to work with. But the thing that stood out for me with this was it's all Ausy. You know, I've got a great relationship with the people in the in the business as well, and I think we can really, you know, do some amazing things in Australia with it. First of all, like all these other Australian beers at the moment, they're not even Australian owned. And I really want, I really want it to be like all about you know, in your backyard, you know, always being there when there's a good thing happening in celebration and then obviously getting it to the global stage one day would be would be amazing.
Speaker 3: We are on the air with tennis superstar Nick Kurrios this morning.
Speaker 2: Coming up next, our chat with Nick continues and I'm going to tell you where I saw him, and it wasn't on the tennis court.
Speaker 5: It was very late at night.
Speaker 3: I don't know if he was happy about sharing this story, but we'll do it next. Yesterday Clint and I got the chance to catch up with the tennis superstar himself and the man that will be returning to Melbourne for the A in January, Nick Kurios.
Speaker 2: Jason, last time I saw Nick, it wasn't doing an on court interview for Channel nine. It was actually at Electric with the NASI.
Speaker 5: So I'm hoping those stairs will get you when I'm hoping. I don't know about that place, I'm hoping it's on tap. When we next go back.
Speaker 3: I'll give it inside the clint here Nick, you sit there going you've got nightclub, You've got friends at own clubs. I was out with Clint one night. He left public House in the back of a taxi holding the DJ decks for the DJ going to the next venue.
Speaker 5: Oh that's right, but.
Speaker 4: No, that's life goals. That's life goals.
Speaker 2: The summer is approaching, Nick, and you've already told us how pumped you are. But just take us through the trials and tribulation. The wrist has been the big issue. But looks at your cherry right now. But you must have hit a few lows though there.
Speaker 17: Oh yeah, one hundred percent, man. I mean, look, had the best year of my career. I'll give you the best year of my career. Was I set away from Wimbledon basically, and yeah, I had had a bit of a risk niggle and then ended up being quite significant. I needed a risk reconstruction. And obviously, when you get told that playing a racket sport in your right wrists, you're standing down the barrel of maybe not ever playing again. And the surgeon was pretty transparent me. He was like, look like I've done this surgery we've done. It's only been performed about fifty times worldwide, and it's more like a contact injury, so it was very rare that a tennis player got it. And he was like, look, a couple plumbers have come back and got back into their profession. I was like, Okay, that is not really relevant for tennis player, but.
Speaker 3: But I appreciate it, and I appreciate the positive, positive.
Speaker 17: Look he did an he did an amazing job. Everything went well, and it was six months post surgery. I didn't feel any honestly, didn't feel any improvement. I was like, I don't think I'm ever going to play again. I spoke to my team and obviously let my family know that it wasn't going great. And then nine months out got some improvement and then just never really gave in. It was always, you know, trying to stay in shape, trying to do the right thing, stay patient, and here we are, you know, about fourteen months post surgery, with the risk reconstruction and back playing. That was this summer. So it's all a bonus. Honestly, now, I didn't really ever think I was going to be back to play at this level, and it's it's really a miracle.
Speaker 3: So and you can you can see the excitement in your face. How'd you go post surgery? Everyone have to batter your toast for you. Do we ever get as rock bottom wiping?
Speaker 17: Honestly, my fingers were like there were like sausages, Like my hand was.
Speaker 3: Yah fingers.
Speaker 4: Oh no, they're all right now. But like you can see the sky now, like see that sky there?
Speaker 17: Yeah, and then it's both sides as well.
Speaker 4: It's pretty disgusting, but U and.
Speaker 5: The risk is back to it?
Speaker 3: Would you say hundred percent strength?
Speaker 17: Oh yeah, no, like strength wise, it's right there. Like I just came off the court after three. I mean, I feel it feels obviously doesn't feel how it once was, but it's it's good enough to get out there and compete. I mean, as an athlete, you're never going to fell one hundred percent anyway. But I was in a cast for twelve weeks. I mean it was it was rough footing man.
Speaker 3: But when you're when you're ature, grown up, do people still sign your cast or is that just a school thing?
Speaker 4: No one signed my cast?
Speaker 5: Did you watch the fight the other day, Tyson?
Speaker 4: I did watch the fight?
Speaker 3: Thoughts you met Tyson before haven't you.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I've really close with Logan, but I've had Mike Tyson on my podcast and I've invested in Jake Paul's W brand as well, so I've got But look, let's let's not let's not sit here and say it wasn't like. I mean, they both made an incredible amount of money, and I'm not taking away anything from Jake Paul. Yeah, but let's let's be real, Like Jake Paul's is a hell of an athlete.
Speaker 4: He's put the work in.
Speaker 17: He's you can't deny that he's a legit boxer at the moment, Like, he's one of the biggest names in entertainment. So he's at that point where he can literally put anyone in front of him. People are gonna I mean, we're the idiots, to be honest, sitting down streaming it.
Speaker 4: But like, look, props to both of them.
Speaker 17: I mean, look, Tyson to even get in the ring at sixty is incredible.
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't like he looked like he was struggling.
Speaker 17: But those guys are some smart businessmen.
Speaker 4: That's all I'm going to say.
Speaker 3: Just off the back of Tyson, you always wear pants in the dressing room. Don't you Just in case the camera.
Speaker 17: Grabs you, guys, I free ball when I play tennis, so when I'm playing the Grand Slams, you can just picture me now, free ball.
Speaker 5: No, I'm good, I'm good, disguising a bit wow.
Speaker 4: Fun.
Speaker 5: We've got the exclusive here on no.
Speaker 3: But you forget how he's feeling in the lead up to the.
Speaker 17: No No No, I need I need to feel it nice and free down there.
Speaker 4: And I'm not break points.
Speaker 17: Nick.
Speaker 3: It's been absolute pleasure having your make Congratulations on the beer and you guys, we are genuinely excited here in Melbourne for the a I'm so promped to have you back.
Speaker 5: We want to see John Kyner in a humming Yeah, it'll.
Speaker 4: Be humming, that's for sure.
Speaker 17: But if you guys actually want the beer, just let me know and I'll get it to you.
Speaker 4: I'll get it to you and I'll get you a couple of cases. There's two options. Obvious is a lighter one as well.
Speaker 17: But it tastes really good. But I'll give you guys. I know, I knew as soon as I said the lighter.
Speaker 4: You guys are like.
Speaker 3: Chris.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll deliver it to you. To you personally.
Speaker 3: You're a good man. Hey, I hope your mum's doing okay.
Speaker 4: Mate, I appreciate you guys. Have a good a good weekend.
Speaker 2: Hey tell you what dreams came true? Last night at Marvel Stadium, just over twenty of the finest young teenage footballers landed at AFL clubs, including a bloke Qween chatted to yesterday who was deservedly wrapped with his new home.
Speaker 12: With pick two North Melbourne select Finn oh Sullivan from the Oakley Charges in McRoy.
Speaker 4: Puts on their four clay.
Speaker 6: Yes, we chatted to him yesterday, North Melbourne's latest recruit. We're gonna we're gonna claim him as our own.
Speaker 2: Day he's a North Melbourne player now, Fino Sullivan, Good morning and congratulations body.
Speaker 1: That's how are you feeling.
Speaker 23: I've been static at the moment. Yeah, how last I was their friends? So yeah, no, it over the moon.
Speaker 6: So you've gone to North Melbourne. You're now part of an AFL team.
Speaker 1: I know you. Best mate also got picked up by the Tigers.
Speaker 6: How did two eighteen year old boys celebrate when they find out they're about to live out their dreams?
Speaker 23: Oh no, I was a bit of carry on, but no, we're actually staying together at the moment, together to an apartment down the road. So no, it was just just a good night together and then friends they just made it ten times better.
Speaker 3: And I know we're chaining about it. Yesterday it's like, you know, everyone was quite the confident. You know you'll probably be picked up by the ruse and you know it all went to plan. But on the night when you're in the room, surely you must second guess yourself and have.
Speaker 1: A bit of doubt, still get a bit nervous.
Speaker 4: I think it's a.
Speaker 23: Bit of day out floating around for everyone in the room. So yeah, when I get cold out was just a massive relief and yeah, something that you know I'll remember forever.
Speaker 5: Hay Fin. How are the parentals? Were they happy?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 23: Study no.
Speaker 3: Worry.
Speaker 1: He's the third son, No dat know how to do it now?
Speaker 3: Is on the other siblings? Now you'd be looking at them. He's got himself.
Speaker 1: Do your brothers play footy?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 23: Yeah, I think yeah, he's trying to get.
Speaker 1: Do you want to get the whole fan there?
Speaker 5: What excites you about heading to Arden Street, Finn?
Speaker 23: There's so much to look out there. I already know a couple of boy's already. They'll just spent a week with him last year. And yeah, you just look at the young listeners. I think, well, fucking ye get into that team. Yeah, there's something specially there.
Speaker 5: Well the coach.
Speaker 23: There's some especially going on there at the moment. I can't like to be a part of it.
Speaker 3: Finn, yesterday, when you're on the show, you mentioned this.
Speaker 1: Fin, who's your hero? Who's your idol? In forty in foot.
Speaker 3: John? I bran if he won?
Speaker 2: So he's not from damn all day.
Speaker 3: Well, got someone on the line that wants to congratulate himself. Brownie back on over morning.
Speaker 7: Thanks Curry, good to be back on fi. Well on my congratulations on the whole family. He's absolutely Proudy you're the the alley I sell, Himan boy, I didn't get the couch down on which my Boddy's feeling a bit and now wanted to be catch reco was terrible.
Speaker 23: Geez cheez, thank you, thanks, as.
Speaker 7: A family would always do. I'm sure he celebrated and.
Speaker 23: I I got to bed and I raised it's all.
Speaker 3: I think time.
Speaker 1: So what time did you go to bed?
Speaker 6: Accounting drafts, what happens from here, Brownie. When does he have to hang up the eighteen year old dream thinking boots and start getting serious.
Speaker 7: Well, I think pre sessions already started. It's a real shock, but we know things. He's a young lady, looks after himself. He'll be straighting to I think. And what better place, not a better place together than under one of the great Alister Clarks and fulls on a premiership coach. Pretty cool experience, Brownie.
Speaker 3: Are you taking the mickey or have you coached these brothers?
Speaker 7: I did, Yeah, coach, I actually still coach when I go home. Maybe they are up in coins and I still go home and coach Hampton language which the boys have played through there. And Finnish's the youngest. So I was hanging on and hanging on to get feel. He came and trained with me this year, so I did actually get to meet him, but he didn't get to actually play with it. I knew he was a superstar all the ways through from a young age, and I thought, oh jeez, I wouldn't on hang around for this lab.
Speaker 2: What I nor North Melbourne fans got to talk for to Brownie? What do you like seeing in him? And what advice have you got for the young fellow.
Speaker 7: He's been compared to himsh a little bit Santa, So it's it's probably a little bit taller, but in a similar mold though. But I know I Sullivan Clan. I didn't have a good time, but I played against his brothers, sorry, against his dad and his uncle. Obviously his uncle's married to my sister and they're tough boys, and so he'll be uh, he'll be out of cope with it. The north stands are excited with what they're going to say. He should be a fifteen year gun midfield there.
Speaker 6: Wow, hey, hey, Finn, that must that must mean a lot coming from someone like brown He's a champion of the game and one of your heroes.
Speaker 23: Yeah, exactly in the way out of the game, man, Yeah, I get out.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Oh my god, I'm obsisted.
Speaker 5: You don't know which one is Jonathan?
Speaker 3: Which one? I think? Every time we talked to Finn, we should do a drinking game every time he says, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 7: It feels putting the.
Speaker 6: Thanks for jumping on with us, Brownie, and congratulations Finn. We're going to follow your career. We had you from the start. Remember us when you're a bud on.
Speaker 3: You boys, BROWDI take care guys, Well what a day for that kid.
Speaker 2: So cool And it continues tonight at Marvel Stadium. There are going to be dozens and dozens of kids waking up tomorrow morning and their AFL footballs living drain.
Speaker 3: It is just go on three past nine. You're on the air with Jason Lauren. Clint's here as well doing thanks to what if It is Aussie for travel avoid Chapel Street, Yes.
Speaker 6: In particular between commercial road and tour. It was a big fire at Lux nightclub last night. The road is currently closed off. Well they investigate a lot.
Speaker 3: Of people's credibility went up in flames at about two o'clock in the morning. Good news is no one injured.
Speaker 5: She is great and the KFC is still intact.
Speaker 1: Which I reckon. There'll be some damage in.
Speaker 3: A chicken will be hot and spicy today.
Speaker 1: McDonald's still up and running directly across the road.
Speaker 5: We hope. So I believe Chapel Street is just such a notorious party district.
Speaker 6: Though they're bringing back the Chapel Street Festival they announced yesterday or the day before.
Speaker 1: It hasn't run for like fifteen years.
Speaker 3: Is just down the road from Circus, around the corner, around the corner, let's see, you know all the landmarks.
Speaker 5: Let's call it the.
Speaker 2: McDonald's revolves stumbling distance right, Speaking of.
Speaker 3: Which, they sent her out there stumbling nice and early on the today she was.
Speaker 1: She wasn't in the night.
Speaker 5: She was in one piece crumbling down.
Speaker 6: She was having a six piece feed at KFC. When the fire starts.
Speaker 2: Our friend Christina her and Today's show correspondent extraordinary morning stunners.
Speaker 22: I thought I actually might see you somewhere along morning playing outside Revolver.
Speaker 1: I seen, like Christine, so Lux nightclubs burned down.
Speaker 22: It is completely destroyed laws, there is nothing less and look the witness statements.
Speaker 4: Look.
Speaker 22: I talked to one guy. He was eating a mac. He was eating a big mac outside Matches at the time, and he said to me, look, as he was just going into some frise, he saw two cars pull up. Three men and ballock fabers get out. Said they all had Jerry can. They broke into Lucks nightclub with an act set at the blaze. I ran out one with his leg on fire. Oh and they hot puted it in the car, screaming down Chapel Street North towards two Rack Roads.
Speaker 1: It's been deliberately least absolutely did.
Speaker 3: The guy finish his big mac?
Speaker 22: Christine, He did finish his big mac.
Speaker 5: He filmed.
Speaker 22: He filmed it at the time. We couldn't use the vision because he had a stiggy.
Speaker 1: Did he actually have his durry covering the camera?
Speaker 10: He had this there?
Speaker 5: It is he wanted.
Speaker 22: He wanted a little bit of cash for his video. He was a lovely guy that had to break it to him that unfortunately, because of its stari it was unusable.
Speaker 1: Who made you the fun police?
Speaker 3: How do you manage to keep yours out of the shop when they crossed it?
Speaker 10: Still from you?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 6: In all seriousness, everyone's okay right. There was no one, no one in the in the building.
Speaker 22: No one was in the building thankfully at the time. And firefighters just done an amazing job. Given if you have a look at this vision of the flame for two hours to get it under control, they've done an amazing job making sure it didn't spread to other businesses.
Speaker 6: Well, there's a lot of homes there as well. I used to live just behind that little pocket and it's full of house.
Speaker 3: Can we fact check something Clint's been saying news because Lauren and I don't believe it. Christine Clint's been leading his news with the fire and saying there was fifty fire trucks on the scene. That sounds like a lot.
Speaker 5: Let me down.
Speaker 22: Okay, I don't want to dis credits dons, but there was fifty firefighter's fifteen truck mistake.
Speaker 5: Mistake, you know what, someone else writes my news.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Chris Channel Today Show, Thank you very much.
Speaker 6: I'm assuming Chapel Street is still closed, so that the point of getting Christine on there was to find out if.
Speaker 1: You should drive down Chappeles Street.
Speaker 6: Or not, but instead it was just a pylong Clint, But I think Chupple Street is still closed in that little pocket between Commercial and Tac Road, so please avoid the area if possible.
Speaker 3: We're going down there today. We're going to watch the Robbie Williams doc o and then he is on the show with us next week. Looking forward to that.
Speaker 1: I love Robbie Williams much.
Speaker 6: His docker looks interesting. A lot of it was filmed in Melbourne. Really better man, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Not great. I want shorts.
Speaker 5: I know what you're about to say.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm going to say cold Play. Yes, with the Karate Kid. It's out the film clip that they filmed in Melbourne at the show.
Speaker 2: The nice quick turnaround, wasn't it And it looks fabulous sensational.
Speaker 1: From the Karate Kid.
Speaker 6: He did a film clip with Coldplay that they filmed at they filmed in Melbourne and during their concerts here and it just got released.
Speaker 3: Us to are we getting chop tops today?
Speaker 6: Okay, Jason's been stressed all morning because we've got to go to watch the new Robbie Williams movie before we talk about it on the show.
Speaker 1: And he's worn white shorts last time into.
Speaker 6: That he walked out of the cinema carve it in melted chocolate.
Speaker 1: It's like it's nine o'clock in the morning. We're not having chaptops at nine am.
Speaker 5: Just destroyed a breakfast bagel. Yes, and now you're already turning your attention.
Speaker 3: To this because it is it Tom all right, we are out of here. I'm a great day. Melchissen is an excell cinema.
Speaker 8: Bye, thank you, Lauren, Wake up feeling good?
Speaker 1: Number one hundred, Lauren, I'm on socials.
Speaker 6: MHM.