Speaker 1: Hey, beauties, it's Jamie, Joe and Jessmasud and welcome to Influence, a podcast dedicated to beauty, fashion and self love, turning your weakness into your uniqueness.
Speaker 2: Before we get started, we'd like to acknowledge the custodians of the land on which we record, the Gadago people of the Urination.
Speaker 1: We all know you eurogirlies are in a panic with what to bring on your eurosummer getaways, and we are going to tell you exactly what to pack for that long plane ride and essentials to make you look as fresh as your apparol sprits.
Speaker 2: In Santorini in twenty twenty two, we set out to Europe for our first Italy trip, me, my sister and my Mosa Girls trip.
Speaker 3: It was our first ever goal.
Speaker 2: It was so impulsive and it was incredible, but also with hindsight we look back and think, this is why we were ugly in Italy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was our tag line.
Speaker 1: It was unfortunately and it's so sad because we could have been stunning in Italy.
Speaker 3: In Italy, So we're going to give you the tips to be.
Speaker 1: Hot in Italy or wherever you are in Europe, because we really just did not know how to pack correctly. We packed all the wrong things, even outfits, but in terms of like makeup and beauty, we got.
Speaker 2: It so so wrong with it was nothing was right.
Speaker 3: It was oh god, we weren't prepared for the weather.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we weren't prepared for like carrying things around, and we weren't prepared for the sunburn.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's true. Honestly, having the right things packed in your Europe kit is going to make your holiday that much better and you're going to look back and be that much happier.
Speaker 2: And your photos are to be good and you're gonna look hot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so just just strap on in, guys, because we've got some good tips.
Speaker 3: These are the essential.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you need these essentials in your kit. And this is also a few things of what not to.
Speaker 2: Do because from our mistakes, so that you don't have to make them too well, I want.
Speaker 3: To preface with Jesse was correct.
Speaker 1: We were a little bit sinky in Italy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's start there.
Speaker 1: Let's start there, because it honestly haunts me. My least favorite thing on the earth is smelling bad. I must smell good. As we've spoken about in one of our previous episodes, and we didn't smell good because the weather. Mind you, it was literally forty degrees celsius.
Speaker 3: It was a heat wave when we were there.
Speaker 2: And you're also you're walking around a lot, like you're getting twenty five thousand steps plus each day, especially when you're in the cities and you're not by the Rome.
Speaker 3: You're like, it was like desert heat. I don't know it was. It was a heat I've never felt before.
Speaker 1: One thing that I have learned, and one thing we did really really wrong, was we were using the wrong shavers. This is what was making us smell extra bad.
Speaker 2: So just follow us here, because I know it sounds crazy, but let's just go.
Speaker 3: On a little bit of a journey.
Speaker 1: So we were using these like really plush shavers in Italy that had you know, like they've got that gel around it.
Speaker 3: That so that it glides, yeah, so that it glides.
Speaker 1: Nicely, and that it gives you a nice clean shave. This is what not to do. What they are made up of is actually sugar. So when that is you know, you're shaving underneath your arms with like this sugar, it overtime ferments and it smells so bad in the heat.
Speaker 2: Mixed with your sweat, sweat humidity and then this sugar fermentation process.
Speaker 3: It was like a smell we've never smelled before. Yeah, it was not good.
Speaker 1: I really had never smelled myself like feel like it was just disgusting.
Speaker 3: That's gross. I'm so embarrassed.
Speaker 2: But I want you actually figure that out, because I didn't know that was the issue until you told me in the cup.
Speaker 1: Well, I saw it online and then I was kind of experimenting.
Speaker 3: One day.
Speaker 1: I didn't use that razor. I use a different razor and then I scrubbed really well after I shaved, and then I didn't smell bad.
Speaker 2: Okay, well that makes sense. Yeah, so my love the story. Use those shitty sixty cent razors that you can.
Speaker 1: Get from literally, that's the ones we use instead, because those plush ones, like they feel really nice, but they are not good for underneath the arms.
Speaker 3: If you are going to use them.
Speaker 1: Shave before you use your loofer and then scrub like really well, and then scrub really really well underneath your arms to get rid of any of that residue.
Speaker 3: And that is the first step to not smelling bad. In Italy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, literally, it's just no one ever talks about this stuff. So you know, we want to be your big sism make sure you don't smell bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Facts.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's talk about what we actually think is worth having in your kit.
Speaker 3: Because we made the mistake.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we made the mistake of having way too much makeup.
Speaker 3: It was so heavy. Yeah, we brought the wrong makeup kit.
Speaker 2: We brought lots of makeup and it just wasn't like suitable makeup for the weather.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Let's start from top down. Yeap eyebrows.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you just need a good eyebrow gel, not not one of those like eyebrow lamonation gels that are like thick and glunky, because in the heat they like in your makeup kit when you're traveling, those are gonna go really bad and then you're gonna end up with white, gloopy eyebrows exactly that are pulling your hairs out. So we suggest the Eyebrow Jel Benefit twenty four hour Browsetter from Sophora forty eight dollars.
Speaker 3: It's the staple. You should always have it in your kit anyway. It's the best eyebrow jel.
Speaker 1: It doesn't leave you with that you know, rusky residue, and it does keep them in place all day, regardless of your sweating.
Speaker 3: You could even swim with this.
Speaker 2: I just want to say swimming with your son is good because you know, when you swim and your eyebrows go droopy because they're like weigh down by the water, that won't happen. And you can have good water picks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's so true. Swimming picks. Yeah, good, good swimming pigs. That's that's a really good point, Jess.
Speaker 1: It's just that's a really amazing staple, eyebrow gel. Nothing has ever beat it for me. I really can't find anything as good as it. So exactly so, when you're looking to do your makeup in Europe, what you want is that gorgeous, glowy, effortless look like you know, after you've had an app you're a little bit sunburn, you do a few quick things, and then you walk out looking like a glowing tan goddess. That's what we want to achieve. When you're going to like New York and it's winter time, you want a full beat and you want to look like that whole girl makeup. Yeah, you want to look so flawless. So this is really tailored to working well for in the heat and like getting out of the pool, being in the sun all day, this is what's going to look most beautiful exactly. So next we are going to use a good concealer. We're not even bothering packing a full covering foundation.
Speaker 2: No, no covering for covering factory. Yeah, honestly, I think you can sack the foundation and leave it at home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't need it. What we're going to do instead is use a really nice concealer and a really nice like liquid or cream bronzer. These two working together are going to give you the coverage that you want, but they're going to be really nice and and glowy, and that is what it's going to make you look the best.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Also, a thin concealer I think is kind of better, especially when you're in your sunah and you're getting a little bit of a burn and it just like spreads out really well. You can use your fingers, you can apply it. You don't need to bring heavy brushes.
Speaker 3: Either, Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: And you want something that's hydrating so that if your skin is dry, which can happen after salt water or the sun, this still smooths out really nicely and it is hydrated and it doesn't make you look creasy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you won't get crackly.
Speaker 2: So the lancom how do you say that, it's called the tint.
Speaker 1: I've really had to practice that before because I have worked with them on this product. It's so phenomenal.
Speaker 2: So this concilla is sixty dollars from Mecca, but it's just really really good conceal.
Speaker 1: I've been wearing this every single day.
Speaker 3: I truly love it.
Speaker 1: It is one of the best concealers I've ever used for a little bit less coverage, so hydrated.
Speaker 3: Like a good natural concealer.
Speaker 1: So for Bronzer, I thought that this product at first was really gimmicky, but I've learned to love it, and I think that the way that it's made is so unique.
Speaker 3: That's why I thought it was gimmicky.
Speaker 1: But it's the Pixie on the go bronze. If you haven't seen this on the glow bronze, oh, on the glow, not on the go, Well, it is good from the go. If you haven't seen it, it's like, how would you describe it?
Speaker 2: It's like a thin flat Oh okay.
Speaker 3: It's almost rectangular. It's quite thin and rectangular.
Speaker 1: But the edges are round it that.
Speaker 3: But not like a lollipop. You wind it up. You wind it up.
Speaker 1: It's a little bit of an interesting shape. So it's hard to describe for you guys. But it's a wind up product and it's a solid cream. And what you do with it is you wind it. You twist it up, and it looks like a thin, long rectangle, but the sides are quite like round it.
Speaker 3: Kind of like an icy pole.
Speaker 1: Yes, it literally is like a like an ice block.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's the one. It is cylindrical, like I suppose.
Speaker 1: And why it's so good and so easy to use is you don't need to you know, take it out of the packaging or anything.
Speaker 3: You just find to wipe it up your face.
Speaker 1: Wipe it off your face, wipe it up from it in mid cheek to your hairline on both sides, and then on the top of your forehead.
Speaker 3: You can use it on your eye lid. Yeah, that's what you want to do.
Speaker 1: You don't need eye shadow now, we don't need eye shadow in Europe. All we need is a good bronzer and a nice you knowaler and blush. So it's such a good product because it's so easy to apply and then as Jesse said, you can just tap it out with your fingers. We don't need to use brushes in Europe.
Speaker 3: I don't think so, it's not the vibe.
Speaker 1: Also, it's like way too hot to put that on your face.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so this is a beautiful shade, Like I really like this product.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And then honestly, after that, all you need is a good liquid blush, another thing that you can just like pat in with your fingers. And I think you could probably steer clear from powdered products. Yeah, because your skin's probably dry from the sun. I don't think it's going to sit on your face too well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one hundred percent. And you know, we've really recommended a million liquid blushes before.
Speaker 3: There's rare beauty.
Speaker 1: You've got the new Hourglass liquid drop.
Speaker 2: You've even got the Pixie on the Globe blush stick as well, like if you just have the duo.
Speaker 1: Just yeah, there's so many blushes whatever. Your favorite liquid blush is just pack maybe two shades in.
Speaker 3: You want like a pinky one and then you want more of a red one.
Speaker 1: To imitate that some kissed just a little bit, look, yeah exactly.
Speaker 2: And then before we talk about Mascaro's. I think what's more important is an eyelash color. Yeah, because if you're swimming a lot, you're not going to be wearing muscara on the daily. Yeah, because it's just gonna sweat off or you're going to swim it off, but you still want to open up your eyes and like look like you're awake. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So the eyelash Curla by Shidasu. No, it's the funniest thing you've ever said. I'm trying to read that.
Speaker 1: It's cacedoo is okay, just spelt rock, I just use it. Okay, it's the Shesado eyelash Curlor.
Speaker 3: It is so.
Speaker 1: It's thirty six dollars from Mecca. But this is the best Alish curler on the market. I am terrified of Ilish curlors.
Speaker 3: But this one is so so good.
Speaker 2: It's not going to repel your eyelashes like the ones from camar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't get a Camoe Eilish courlor, please curl. Yeah, this elash courla is next level. My eyelashes look phenomenal with it. And Jesse is I.
Speaker 3: Don't know my name, Jesse finished the sentence.
Speaker 1: You hardly wear mascara, you I don't war I ever wear mascara at our home.
Speaker 2: You only use this. I only use an eyelash color even when I'm going to UNI. Like it lasts all day.
Speaker 3: I don't know why, because it's a really good eyelish color. Yeah, you guys should get it. Yeah, it's really good.
Speaker 1: Now obviously you need to take one muscara to Europe. I cannot live without maskara.
Speaker 3: It's my favorite thing. Good dinner. I feel like I'd only wear it at dinner time. Yeah, you don't need it in the daytime dinner.
Speaker 1: You know, you want to make yourself pop a little bit.
Speaker 3: So a good muscaa.
Speaker 1: We've mentioned so many The Mabeling Firework mascara is just, you know, an amazing staple. Literally, and Mabeling muscara is so good you can take your pic.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And it's also not too expensive, so you lose it. It's fine, exactly. Okay, So we've got the base on.
Speaker 1: You know, we've got a gloe blash, we've got bronzer, we've got conceiala, and your eyebrows and eyelashes are done.
Speaker 3: Especially five products. Yeah, please, so great.
Speaker 1: Now you need things to kind of just finish off that look, so a setting spray.
Speaker 3: You need this.
Speaker 1: I think a setting spray is like a staple to have in your kit because it makes you look so dewy and so stunning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's also setting down the makeup so that when you're sweating, it's not gonna it's not gonna sweat exactly.
Speaker 1: There's two that I love, but the one we took was the Charlotte teel Bree Setting Spray. It's fifty four bucks from Mecca.
Speaker 3: And this is the only thing I say is worth bringing. That's a little bit bigger, that's true.
Speaker 2: Everything else can be smaller products, but this is like worth taking up the space.
Speaker 1: I'm sure we can find a mini one.
Speaker 3: Actually, oh yeah, minie. We all love little mini things. I love mini things. Minis are the best fog.
Speaker 1: This gives you that like wet look, and I love you know, when you're at the beach all day, you're super tan. Then you have a nap, then you have a shower, well, actually have a shower. Yeah, you go out with wet curls and then you want that like dewey, gorgeous, ethereal look on the face. This Charlotte teel be Setting Spray really gives that to you whilst locking in the makeup.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then other little essentials you need a couple of little like lipliners, the glosses. Just bring a couple because you might lose them here and there. And then you need like one core clip, two French prince. And then for the hair, a pretty scarf yecause you're in Europe. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Literally, we wore these in like the little towns of Tuscany and it was so cute.
Speaker 3: It felt like very.
Speaker 2: Italy and if you're having like a bad hair day, this saves you little Italy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well literally, I.
Speaker 1: Mean I just think it's such a pretty way to blend in a little bit and elevate the out Yeah. So just be smart with what you're packing. You don't need to go over the top because you just want to enhance you natural beauty. It's too hot to wear a full face, it really is.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, I also just wanted to quickly mention a few things about the plane, okay, because I've actually heard that doing your skincare on the plane is really bad for your skin. Yeah, and I've seen a lot of people promoting it lately, and there's there's this viral mask that people have been using on the plane. I just I've heard that, you know, opening up your paws and then the air that's continually recycled in the plane is like seeping into your skin. So it's not the best idea to be doing your beautiful, full, incredible skin care routine on the plane.
Speaker 2: Like you could feel good in the moment, obviously, but when you think about like the air that's in the plane, Like you hear stories about the flight attendants opening the plane from the other side and like nearly like gagging, Yeah, because it smells that bad air from all the breath the farts, like, so you don't want to be opening up your pause to all of those germs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, So maybe don't go crazy and extensive with your skincare range on the plane. Simple, keep it, yeah, keep it simple. But eye patches. I love eye patches. Rare beauty has incredible ones that is going to keep you hydrated, But it's not like opening up your paws and putting active ingredients on your skin.
Speaker 2: I personally think the most important essential to bring on the playe is an I mask so that you can sleep peacefully.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, I hope that's helped you, you know, conduct your Europe kits a little bit more. Make sure that you are not packing a lot of makeups so you can pack more clothes because trust me, you'll want more outfits.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you really will. All the stories that you want more clothes. Yeah, yeah, that is.
Speaker 1: That's a good more. Well, thank you so much for joining us today on Skimplant.
Speaker 2: If you are interested in any of the products mentioned in today's episode, there are links available in the episode description on your podcast app. If you love what you hear, leave us a rating and a review. And if you have a question or want us to cover anything on the pod, reach out by our socials. Mine is at Jamie jo and mine is at Jessimer Suit.
Speaker 1: I'll send us an email at Skinfluence at novapodcast dot com dot au.
Speaker 3: Love me again next time.