Speaker 1: High Scrollers is produced on gaddigul Land.
Speaker 2: We pay our respects to the traditional custodians of this country an elder's past and present.
Speaker 1: Always was, always will be Aboriginal Land.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sounded and I'm all right, hey, and this is high Strollers, the podcast version of your favorite group chat.
Speaker 3: We've been sharing our lives online for over ten years, so who better to catch you up on everything that's going viral.
Speaker 2: And we talk a lot about ourselves as well, and this week, well, Brittany has a really cute family to show us. Yeah, we also discuss more about the rise of AI, but we have a few good points this time around, and Brittany wants to clarify her stance on the whole thing, So deal me in, do let's go.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Matthew, Good morning, matt Yeah. You know how I wore my hair with this thing out not that long ago. Yeah, And for anyone that can't see me, it's just like I've got a tendril at the front of my hand. Yeah, that's the correct terminology, of course, slutstrand. Okay, So I wore my hair like that a couple of weeks ago, and I was talking to Matt and he's.
Speaker 1: Like, your hair looks really good like that. I was like, oh, thanks. So then I wore it again in front of Gay j and he goes, I like your hair like that?
Speaker 4: Yea.
Speaker 1: So now I'm wearing little tendrils.
Speaker 2: I'm a blueprint. I know. I'm a fashion trend icon. Yeah, and that's not a joke. You want to know what, Sorry, fly around me.
Speaker 1: I'm getting swarmed. That's what you got to say when a fly goes past you.
Speaker 2: I well, it's like when it.
Speaker 3: Rains, you say, bring it down, knew it, and when there's one fly you go, oh, swarm.
Speaker 1: That's what we say.
Speaker 2: I have always been a trendsetter. Sorry, I know where everyone's going to go. What? But I remember in primary school my mum used to be like, you just set the trends for the school because I would wear like a pair of shoes and then within three months every boy at the school was wearing that pair of shoes, and I would start the trend. I wanted to admit it. It was me. I'd get a new hat and then in three months everyone's got the same hat. Always been ahead of the train, So you don't get it. You don't get You see my fashion and you go get it. You wait, everyone's going to be dressing like this. See.
Speaker 1: I actually think the same about myself.
Speaker 3: I think I've always been like ten steps ahead at all times nice, and I.
Speaker 2: Think that sort of ethos in our brains has led us to where we are today, exactly playing Dress to Impress on Roadblocks so exactly, which we did, by the way, I remember, we were saying we were going to go, We're going to play Roadblocks. We played Roadblocks together, did bingo. We did bingo, which how fun was that? You have to admit, Yeah, it's so fun.
Speaker 1: And then we did Dress to Impress.
Speaker 2: We did Dress to Impress, which I didn't really get because I was trying my hardest. But it takes a lot to get used to.
Speaker 1: And I feel like, because you're on a PlayStation, it's way harder. Computer is where it's at.
Speaker 5: But yeah, on a PlayStation and you don't Yeah, I thought you played on your phone.
Speaker 1: You can play it on your phone too.
Speaker 5: So I can get it like the Xbox or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I reckon laptop is the easiest way to play it in terms of like having the buttons there.
Speaker 1: If you're walking around.
Speaker 2: Should we do a roadbox session tonight?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: So fine? And did you know everyone that you can't be with a child, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you play with people because.
Speaker 2: Everyone goes, oh, adults playing robots, But Robots has a thing where you have to put your birthday and I guess you could lie about it.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The only time that you would be playing with kids is if they've like lied about their birthday, or.
Speaker 2: If you've lied about your birthday. Though I forget what I said. Maybe you can play with kids anyway. The point is we're playing with adults, so it's not weird because like everyone goes roadboxes for kids and it is, but also it's really fine.
Speaker 1: Keeps of parents play with their kids.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's good. So yeah, we have been playing Robots together, and we've been in little private lobbies anyway where we're not really I mean bingo, W were with others. But you can't talk to them, can you?
Speaker 1: You can't.
Speaker 2: Oh, I couldn't figure out how to talk when there's a chat option on the PlayStation though for any of those games, I can't because you've.
Speaker 1: Got to go You've got to go away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gotta like go a B with the with the joystick, and I'm like, it takes too long to say hello. I'll be there for seven minutes, try to saylo. So anyway, that's been fun and we'll have to do another session soon tonight hopefully, So gay J, get yourself sorted. Maybe we could do a.
Speaker 3: Scroll those roadblocks fucking o's and you can just oh no, I think you got it.
Speaker 2: Has anyone added you since saying what your name was?
Speaker 1: I don't think so. I haven't checked.
Speaker 2: No one added me, but I said I made it clear, I'm blocking you blocker. Once this tour is over, I think I'm gonna give Twitch streaming another going. I reckon, that's a new venture for you.
Speaker 1: You reckon?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I reckon.
Speaker 1: See.
Speaker 3: I was gonna do that ages ago with the SIMS. Remember, Yeah, I made a whole YouTube channel.
Speaker 1: Called Symney Symney Saunders.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I was going to do a SIMS YouTube channel in like uh covid times because that's when I really got back into the SIMS. When we were all at home every weekend, I really got back into it.
Speaker 2: And then a weekend every day I still.
Speaker 1: Worked Monday to Friday in lockdown because we were allowed to.
Speaker 3: We were considered essential clothing. But yeah, I got really into it and made the Symney channel.
Speaker 1: It's still like logged.
Speaker 3: In on my YouTube on my laptop. But I never got into it because I think, like you, I looked into the Twitch thing.
Speaker 1: I'm like, this is too hard, I know.
Speaker 2: But Twitch got in contact and we're like, we.
Speaker 1: Saw you tried to help.
Speaker 2: I said, yeah, let me set up a meeting with you at some point later this year, after this tour is done. So yeah, we'll see, we'll see. I like the concept of it. It just it just was so difficult to sort out. So we'll get there. Anyway. What did I want to talk to you about today? Forget? Actually I had something to open up this episode with, didn't I I was meant to you had something?
Speaker 6: No, I've forgotten. Fuck it, let's just move on.
Speaker 3: This episode is actually sponsored by our friends at seven eleven.
Speaker 1: So we are doing another.
Speaker 2: Sweet Sour and Spicy. Yes, it's ever Royal Flush.
Speaker 5: Sweet Sour Spicy.
Speaker 2: Do you have a sweet? Yes?
Speaker 4: I do?
Speaker 2: Okay, what's your sweet? Okay?
Speaker 1: It is a TikTok account.
Speaker 2: You say your h two coco sweet the marcher? Yes, so sweet?
Speaker 1: Ye I need to try that.
Speaker 5: They've got a strawberry one too.
Speaker 3: I'm going to have to try it anyway. This is a family TikTok account. I think they're in America and the username is ninety nine years Creations.
Speaker 1: Her name is Kim. You might have seen their videos, but they are the sweetest family.
Speaker 3: Ever, And I honestly like, I don't know why I love these videos so much. I think it's because I wish that I had this when I was growing up. And it's a mum and her two sons. Have you seen them before? No, Okay, They're just the sweetest family and every now and then, for fun, they pull an all nighter together and so there's so many videos on their page. They've got millions of views, and it's them just going, okay, we're doing another all nighter and it's like a family activity, and the dad goes to bed early, and then they just like document different parts of their night. At the beginning, they say when they all think they're going to stay up until so they say, I think I'm going to stay out until five am and six am, and then they go, okay, well we'll be back soon, and then they just do another check in at like midnight and then at two am and a four am, and it's just the most sweet and whole some thing. And like they do puzzles and stuff and lego and they just like do a little vlog of their all nighters and it's just this fun little family activity and I think it's the most wholesome thing that I've ever seen on the internet.
Speaker 1: Do you want to show you a bit?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, couldn't imagine doing that with our family when we were younger. I'm a wag done getting in the bed. Don't bash your takee.
Speaker 1: Big Dog's going to bed.
Speaker 2: Prime possums in bed is.
Speaker 1: And Miss Kim remember Miss Kim?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And Monica? Where was Monica from place? At school? Yeah?
Speaker 1: But wait, I think Miss King was a Newcastle thing, was it?
Speaker 2: Monica was my favorite on play school? By the way, when.
Speaker 3: Big Dog would go to bed, do you remember Big Dog and Miss Kim would put Big Dog to bed?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: And the only way that Big Dog would look like it's asleep how to cover its eyes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it would. That was so funny. I forgot about that. Then we had prime possum as well. Did you have prime possum?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Prime possum something you paid that up prime prime possum.
Speaker 1: No, there was a song, oh.
Speaker 2: Prime google girl. I don't know if they.
Speaker 3: Was sitting in a tree, prime possum something gayly palme possum.
Speaker 2: How bad it is.
Speaker 1: Let's play this video all later.
Speaker 4: On later.
Speaker 5: So that we're having all nighter.
Speaker 1: To celebrate the end of the school year.
Speaker 2: We're heavy beginning the summer all lighter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, by the way I started my stay but outlass.
Speaker 1: Oh, they're just like the kids that like little nerdy kids. I can call them nerdy, right, sure that little nerdy boys love.
Speaker 2: That's not an insult. Yeah, and that's a smart It is currently approx.
Speaker 6: Ten pm.
Speaker 1: What time do you think you're fall asleep, Tyler, I'm gonna say six am.
Speaker 3: My goals to see the summerse.
Speaker 1: I want to see the summerse.
Speaker 2: Fun.
Speaker 1: They're just the hugest boys. She's got two sons. I don't know how old they are, seven and eleven. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't do that on purpose.
Speaker 1: And then that's the video.
Speaker 3: It's just them standing in the kitchen and then they just check back throughout the night tell us what they're getting up to.
Speaker 1: And then they update the next day and tell you what time they actually ended up going to sleep. And it's just like the most wholesome family account. I suggest everyone go and follow them.
Speaker 3: They also just do like food videos, going to target videos.
Speaker 1: It's just like wholesome family vlogging.
Speaker 3: And I know that family vlogging is like a touchy subject, but I feel like both of the boys are old enough that they know what's gone on.
Speaker 1: Do they still fully ask?
Speaker 3: But I don't know because they're getting millions of views. But that is my sweet of the week is that family, And I wish that I had that.
Speaker 1: I think I love it so much because I wish that was my family.
Speaker 2: Ceah, did you find the prime Possum song? Gay Jay? I believe so.
Speaker 1: I told you there was a sign.
Speaker 2: Well, hang on before you play it, you sing your version again. It's correct because I don't recognize this at all.
Speaker 3: Okay, prime Possum, sit in a try Prime Possum.
Speaker 1: And then it goes prime.
Speaker 5: Possum and that's when it goes to bed.
Speaker 1: I don't know when it is, but I.
Speaker 2: Just know that song. I thought Prime Possum was just the bedtime possum.
Speaker 5: So I've got the good night boys and Girls to play that.
Speaker 1: Sure, I don't think that's the song.
Speaker 3: Though.
Speaker 1: It's the end of another big day.
Speaker 3: We've all had fun and now it's time for Possum and all his pals.
Speaker 5: To go to bed.
Speaker 3: Good night Possum, Good night, Boys and Girls, Sweet dreams.
Speaker 1: No, there was another song, I swear or is this like a is it a man do effect?
Speaker 5: The Prime Possum Show?
Speaker 2: Because the background to that sounded like what you were singing? What's that? That's the song?
Speaker 1: I'm singing?
Speaker 2: Yea, but what is that like? What's that? From the Prime Possum Show? Right? Hi everybody?
Speaker 1: Hi Possum.
Speaker 2: So he told you a god, jaz You're revolts are just shit.
Speaker 1: If you like.
Speaker 3: If there's one thing that I remember, and maybe it says everything there is to know about my childhood.
Speaker 1: I remember every song of every Kid's.
Speaker 3: TV show, and I think that's curse. I was just plunged in front of the TV and left alone.
Speaker 2: We can unpack that trauma in one of our YouTube exclusive episodes later this week.
Speaker 1: I just watched a lot of cartoons. Okay, all right, well.
Speaker 2: Let's move on to my hour of the week. I'm a bit triggered by SOA at the moment because when I've been going around the country, my manager Julie loves a sour Patch kid. Think you get those are seven eleven? Yeah, And I notoriously am like not the biggest fan of sour anything, And she had the whole time with sour Patch kids, And every time I look at them, I just get like a little bit of the hebgb's from sour like anything sour. I'm always like, oh, not sure, but I my sour is actually a little well, I guess that goes in the sour category because it's it's all the discourse I'm seeing online of Scary Movie six, Is that what we're up to? Scary Movie six? No, I think nothing done.
Speaker 5: I think it's just called scary movie. That's just it's almost like a relaunch, but a continuation. Does that make sense?
Speaker 2: Oh, the new scary movie that's out, This new scary movie movie that's out right now in cinemas. All I've seen online is everybody being very sour about that and giving like really negative reviews on a scary.
Speaker 1: Movie right saying that they walked out.
Speaker 2: Yes, this is not rocket science. People. If you are not enjoying the new scary movie movie. In fact, let's talk about scary movie as a whole. Right, I think there's so much wrong with this. Where do I even begin? Okay, first and foremost, like I'm trying to gather my thoughts. What I want to say is scary movies, as in, it's always so annoying that they've called it scary movie because it sounds like I'm talking about we're talking about. Okay, the scary movie franchise has never been good, even though I am someone who would have defended the scary movie franchise. For years of my life. When I was in high school, everyone was watching Scary Movie. It was the funniest thing ever, right, Everyone found it funny, Everyone found it hilarious. We all were quoting Scary Movie all the time, Branda the TV, Cindy the TV's leaguing sorry, and everyone was like, oh my god, these are the best movies we've ever seen in our tire lives. When was the last time you watched a scary movie? As in from the franchise, it's I've never seen. I know, but you're an anomaly, as we've confirmed many times on this podcast. Have you seen the Scary Movie franchise. I've seen every single one times great same. So as a in high school, it was like the funniest thing ever. So last year, my friend and I we were like, oh my god, that's what we're gonna do tonight. We're gonna have a scary movie marathon and we're gonna watch them or and we are gonna piss ourselves. This is gonna be the funniest thing ever. They are the most terrible movies I have ever seen in my entire life. I did not crack even a smile once. Nothing about it is funny. I can't believe I ever found it funny. And nothing in the movie is even smart, Like it's really is that smart?
Speaker 1: Point? Are they meant to just be stupid?
Speaker 2: But but like okay, or was it.
Speaker 1: Back then it was funny?
Speaker 2: Okay? So what I'm thinking is, I'm thinking that the popularity around scary movie. This is my theory, is that in high school it was so controversial and unlike anything we'd ever seen before that we loved it because it was like, you know, there were really you know, all the drug references and the sex references and everything. As like a fourteen year old you haven't experienced any of that yet, so like it's really like new and crazy and oh my god, this is the most controversial thing. And there's also that, oh it's m a fifteen plus, but I'm watching it at fourteen and nine months, Like that's like crazy, I'm so and so because you think about it, do our parents love scary movie? Were they selling out theaters? No, it's all like the kids in high school when Scary Movie was coming out. So my thing is, I think at that time, we watched it through the lens of fourteen fifteen, sixteen year olds that like this was all new and crazy and wild. And then when I go back after fully developing my frontal lobe as an adult and watching any of the scary movies, I mean one of the movies literally opened, my friend and I just looked at each other and went, how jaw dropping at like some of the jokes that they're making, some of the things that they're saying, like things that just you would not get away with saying these days in a movie, no matter how, no matter what comedy spin you're trying to put on it, like you know, saying really awful things, making really awful jokes, and I guess just yeah, looking at it through the lens of twenty twenty six. Which, don't get me wrong, I'm one of those people because Sex and the City is another one that, like everyone finds really problematic. Like if you if you look at it through the lens of twenty twenty six, you go, ooh, this show is very problematic. They shouldn't have said that. They shouldn't have done that. But I think, like you can look at it and see that in the time that Sex and the City came out, it was actually super insightful and you can see what they were trying to do with it and all the rest of it. Whereas I look at this and I and I go, even looking through the lens of like whenever these movies came out, how long ago it was, I go, this just categorically isn't funny, Like it actually isn't good comedy. And you know what, I'm like, I weigh everything up and I go, Okay, so I didn't find that funny, but I can see why people would find that funny. You know. Nah, with these movies, I go, I actually can't believe they've had the success that they've had because they're not even funny, even in the slightest. We both were just in shock because we both were in the car going I can't wait to laugh, I can't wait to lave. It's gonna be so fun. And then we both watched them. We just looked at each other and went, how did anyone ever find these funny?
Speaker 1: Has a new one come out and it's like similar to the old ones? Yeah, and everyone's like, we don't like it anything.
Speaker 2: It's basically they've done the same format and everyone is sour about it online going scary movie. It's so bad. It's so bad. It's so bad. But I want to say to any scrollers who were like, oh, the movie can't be that bad because we love scary movie, Oh, I implore you to go and watch one of the scary movies over the next couple of weeks and just confirmed that it is the most hilarious thing in the world, because it is far from it. It is so I honestly was like, this is so stupid. I can't believe I was embarrassed that I ever laughed at it. Honestly, that's my hour of the week.
Speaker 3: Well, now we've got spicy, Oh.
Speaker 2: Do you have a spicy. My Spicy of the week is a recommendation on TikTok and it's a short series. Have you seen that TikTok's doing this? Now? I'm sorry. Basically, on TikTok, there's now certain pages that are dedicated to being TV series. Okay, So you know on TikTok you always see people just like put up a whole episode of Gray's Anatomy or something, and the whole episode is like split into one minute clips and you've got to keep swiping on the page. Same kind of concept, except TikTok has now gotten behind it to produce TikTok first content okay, and episodes of series and anyway, the funnily enough, the series that I came across is called screen Time, which is fun for high scrollers. But this is what it is, so hooray media is by it's a ray. Do you know it's a ray? I don't really know it's a ray either, but a lot of people she's very famous apparently, I don't know what she does exactly. Sorry, go Google Girl. Can you give me a rundown on? Who did you say?
Speaker 1: Google Girl?
Speaker 2: Go Google Girl? Is the action not the name?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Go Google Girl, Gay Jay. Sorry, wait, I forgot what do you want me to do? Ray Ray Issa Space raa Ray. She's got her Ray Media. So this is the page. The only thing on it is screen Time. It's got one hundred and ninety nine point four million views, fifty seven episodes. Each episode, I mean this is episode one. It has thirty one million views and ten million views, and three million views and eight million views and all the rest of it. Basically, what happens is you get into the to the playlist and the first episode plays, and then it will automatically slide to the next episode and play and automatically slide to the next episode. And each one is like obviously leaves on like a cliffhanger, and the next one starts with like a hook. Right, So their TV shows designed for TikTok and to watch in this format only right. Anyway, this one screen Time is about a couple who invites their friends over and then their electronics get hacked and someone comes over the speaker and is like, you must do what I say, or I'm going to release all of your secrets. And it's about all the secrets that each of the friends have, and it's all very intertwined. There's a few plot twists in there. Like, it's very fun. It's a bit of a thriller, right, It's not scary or anything at all. It's just a bit of a thriller. So fun. It took me like this, I mean this fifty seven episodes and they're about a minute long. So it took me about an hour to watch the whole TV series. But watch, yes you can. But because it goes automatically, it was fun because I was getting ready for bed, so I just put it on, put it there so I could watch it and it goes to the next one automatically, and so I'm brushing my teeth and doing my skincare. So it was really fun. Since seeing this, though, I've now seen so many pop up over the like now I will get them pop up my for you page, and then when I go to the page, I see it's like this, and some pages actually have this is the only one on this one. This is Some have lots unfortunately, some of them are AI and I saw one that was like a gay romance and I was like, oh, here we go, We've got gay romance. And then as soon as I started watching it, I was like, oh fully AI. Yeah, like ridiculously obvious that it was, and I was like getting rid of that, but yeah, I thought that was really fun. So it's actually a different tab so this is like the normal type and then they've got like this little movie tab the episode over there. So and it's my it's my spicy of the week because it was definitely the plot twist in it. I was like, oh, here we go in there's this bit of a spicy story of relationships intertwined and whatnot. But I won't spoil it for your scrollers. If you want to go and watch it, feel free. I actually saw something very interesting from the creator, Ginny, who's funnily enough, we spoke about her best friend Brady last week in the episode. But Ginny went recently to Pixar headquarters, I believe, and she asked someone from Pixar about the use of AI. And obviously we have Toy Story five coming out soon or it might be out now. I don't know.
Speaker 5: The premiere happened, so I checked that.
Speaker 2: Thursday. I can't go. Unfortunately in America, the American premierre happened, yes, and Taylor Swift sung You've got a friend in me love her. Didn't love that, if I'm honest, But anyway, I didn't. I thought, no, it's not the right something was off. I don't want to say the key was off, but I just felt like something was off. I like her new song.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if I'm being honest, I don't think that song is a Taylor Swift vibe.
Speaker 1: Like singing that song a friend in me? Yeah, yeah, I reckon. I could see like Sabrina Carpenter singing in it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Okay, it's out on Thursday, by the way, already be out by the time this goes live.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So Ginny about on the microphone, Sorry, Ginny asked them about AI.
Speaker 2: Yes, and let me get that video for you because I felt like that. It was very reassuring when I heard the response from Pixar. Although we will decipher it.
Speaker 3: I think I'm just curious of your opinion because AI is such a picko boy.
Speaker 2: So the use of.
Speaker 4: AI in film technology and what the future cycle, what you wish it would look like before computer animation existed. X has always been heavily involved with technology.
Speaker 2: We had to invent the tools that we used.
Speaker 4: To make the original Toy story, and today we still use many tools that are written and created here at Pixar, and we're always trying to keep up with the latest discoveries and innovations and technology, so we try to learn about everything and by in today's standards, we haven't found anything that lives up to the expectations of a Pixar film, but that's just today. Technology continues to evolve so rapidly that will continue to sort of test it out and experiment and assess it. We're always looking for ways to help our artists do their jobs. We don't want to take away the artistic touch of Pixar movies wouldn't exist with our people.
Speaker 2: We will always be invoiced first studio.
Speaker 3: Okay, first thing I want to say is why did you lay of music over the top That was almost louder than him talking. But that's you know, when people do that, you can turn the music down to be it because we're struggling to hear what he said.
Speaker 1: But that's really good.
Speaker 3: I think like Pixar's obviously got a massive history, like going so far back, and I remember seeing like them drawing characters like by.
Speaker 1: Hand and then animating them like using he said.
Speaker 3: The stuff that they've built, but he also said, like, yes, they're like an artist first business and they always want to, you know, explore opportunities to make their artist jobs easier. So he's saying that they're going to be using AI, but of course they're like artists come first. And I know we talk a lot about AI on the pod, and I know that we always like are very different about it. And whilst I'm all not for AI slop and just like absolute crap when we speak about you know AI and I'm like, nah, I'm for it, I'm not for it in a way where it destroys the planet and AI slop is everywhere and brain rot. But I think it's going to be part of our future where like you literally have no choice but to be part of it kind of thing. And if there's little tools that are built to make someone's job, it picksar a little bit easier with editing something. That's when I'm all for it, but I'm not for it in a way where it's just going to replace you know, humans.
Speaker 1: So that's like a good answer from him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel I really hope we don't get to a point where we have to use it.
Speaker 3: I think it's like going to be inevitable. I'm not here saying yeah, let's do it. I just think it's going to be the way of the future. It's going to get integrated into everything.
Speaker 1: It already is. Well, are you Google something?
Speaker 2: It's AI, but you can turn that off?
Speaker 1: Oh can you?
Speaker 2: Yes? And so if you turn it off, you tell Google that you don't want it. So like, if enough people tell Google we don't want this AI on there, then like maybe that's.
Speaker 5: All of our algorithms, aren't they like as an AI assists?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Different, That's what I mean. It's it's like when people use the the excuse that like Eve, I've been using Siri the whole time, or series a different AI Siri isn't using Have you seen those videos of the data centers that like have been popping up and you can literally even five kilometers away see a light. Now you can hear like twenty four to seven The people who live you know, even fifteen twenty twenty five kilometers away can just hear constantly.
Speaker 1: I think I've seen ones where you can see the light and.
Speaker 2: There's like class action stuff happening. And this is in America. But data centers are popping up here in Australia right now as well. There's protests going on about that. The point is that's a sour. Isn't add that that's sad that to a sour. The point is, I hope. I don't know. It's really hard for me to be like, yeah, if it makes someone's job easier, you've survived this long, Yeah, this is true. Survive this long doing your job without AI, surely you can continue to do it. I don't know. There's been nothing that has come out about AI that has convinced me that goes, Okay, yeah, it's worth it. And also, if AI is so good cure cancer, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I'm hoping it can come on AI.
Speaker 2: Not you rooting for AI.
Speaker 3: I'm not hit route, Okay, let me settle this debate. I'm not rooting for AI. Going yeah. I just think it's going to be much like when the Internet came out and everyone hated on that and they're like, we don't want this technology. Then it became a part of the world. I think we have no choice but for it to become part of the world. Because as much as we can say no to Google, no, we don't want that, they're gonna do it anyway. Like, I think it's going to become just a part of society and every piece of technology that we have.
Speaker 1: Yeah, am I saying that that's an amazing.
Speaker 2: If we can fight against it, it won't happen. That's that's where I come from.
Speaker 3: I go, but I don't think that's ever gonna happen, because when does the fucking world and government ever actually care about what people actually want?
Speaker 2: Yeah, But like the same thing will be said fifty years ago, people will probably sat there like you, and when gaze will never have rights, what's the point in fighting against it? Like in the gay community, the people like me going we need to fight for gay rights, and there would have been people going They're never gonna let us have what we want? Why bother? Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: And so I think it would be a big turn off for people in like five years time like it is now. But I think more so now people will be so much more turned off by AI because the effects is going to have on people, and there's going to be such a transition for when those effects are happening that people just gonna be completely.
Speaker 2: Like off it, you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Because society is going to have to change completely.
Speaker 2: It's going to Where's what I've seen already with one of my friends who works in like corporate, their company just laid off, however many employees because AI can do their jobs.
Speaker 1: And I'm not for that six.
Speaker 2: Months ago, lay off all the employees. You're replaced with AI, right, we're cut and costs whatever now because AI was then six months ago given for I don't know what they use, but whatever program it was was like free or really cheap. Well now that's gone up to hundreds and hundreds of dollars per account that you use or per however you set up. So now that company is spending almost as much as the humans that they were employing anyway. And on top of that, the AI they've now found is actually getting dumber and can't do the job. And now they're scrambling and they're like, fuck, we need to hire people. But they've had such a bad reputation because they fired everyone for AI that no one wants to work with them, and like eventually that company might not you know, work out. And I feel like the same as Usander, that everyone's going, oh AI cool, I can do it, Like if I can choose to put my money somewhere. I'm going to go to a brand that isn't using AI, like I won't put it. And there are some of course, like I am gonna have an iPhone, and unfortunately, if our iPhone comes out with Apple Intelligence, which I think is smart because AI Apple Intelligence, they're trying to change the trajectory of that and like reclaim AI in a way to be Apple Intelligence AI. They only announced it earlier this week, like you know, they do their big yearly thing, which by the way, there is a new iPhone coming and I'm due for a new iPhone which is exciting and it is cherry colored and it looks stunning.
Speaker 1: Eighteen though yes we're up to seventeen eighteen.
Speaker 2: It's coming out in September. Sorry, but I'll be buying that. So there are some things where I'm like, well, I'm going to buy an Apple iPhone, and if they're all about AI, surely I can switch it off. And sorry for supporting that, but you know, if there's plenty of business, there's plenty of businesses that if they're using AI, I'll go I'm not paying you, I'll go somewhere else.
Speaker 3: We've seen a lot of AI fashion brands using like AI models, which is crazy, and people are not happy when they see, like it's obviously then replacing a real model doing a photo shoot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's a really scary, dangerous thing because now I'm also seeing things that aren't AI, and people are going, is this AI? And I had I fell for one not long ago, and so did some other people. I mean name and shame, name and shame. But I saw Angela Bishop from Channel ten. She's a journalist, news reporter, and Angela Bishop shared to her story this video of the F one in Monaco. I believe it almost look me talking about sport. And I don't know if anyone else saw this, but it was all of the boats. Louis Vuitton was a major sponsor, and it was all of the boats in the shape of the l V monogram and you know the little decals that are on the bags. And Angela Bishop shared it. So, first of all, not only did I believe it when I saw it, I went, oh, my god, they've done that. And then when I looked into it as AI. But then you know, so nothing against Angela Bishop actually love her, love her, but you know, like if a journalist is sharing it to their Instagram story, whether she knew it was AI or not, Like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, was she just sharing it like this is cool?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Probably, but I don't know if she knew it was AI or not. But like what I'm saying is people would see a journalist no matter who it is, sharing that and taking this it's real. And I didn't even have that correlation. It's not like I saw her name and was like, oh, she's a trusted source, this must be real. I just saw it and thought it was real because it was such a good AI video. Turns out it was fake because I couldn't find anything else about it on the internet anywhere. It was just this one and then the page that had shared it. I looked at their bio and they were like digitally curated art or something like that, a way of getting around saying AI.
Speaker 3: I saw another brand too, had like done some sort of campaign. I can't remember who the brand was, might have been JEM, could be wrong like GEM.
Speaker 1: But they did a campaign.
Speaker 3: And then again, because everyone's getting so confused with all the AI content, everyone thought their campaign was AI yes, and then they had to be like no, we actually did a photo shoot for this.
Speaker 1: Here you go very interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so no AI for fate please.
Speaker 1: We're not good.
Speaker 3: I'll be modeling flat Brand till the day I die. Anyway, that's another episode, done and dusted, and thank you to seven eleven for sponsoring yet another episode. And remember any time this seven eleven times.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening. Scrollers, don't forget to turn on notifications. Leave us a comment. We've got YouTube episodes dropping every weekday Friday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so they get the Quick Quick Whip, they get a bonus.
Speaker 5: And they are getting Quick Whip this week, are they?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Oh my god, how much do we have to record? I need? Honestly? Anyway, Charles, I better let you go.
Speaker 4: Thank you the.
Speaker 3: Boy.
Speaker 2: We were going by the Boy.