Speaker 1: Good morning, Melbourne.
Speaker 2: Jason Lauren started morning the right away.
Speaker 3: This is Jason Lauren nogel one.
Speaker 4: Well, good morning everybody, and he already on a Wednesday.
Speaker 1: I know, how good is it?
Speaker 4: I love this for.
Speaker 1: Us me too.
Speaker 4: How we doing?
Speaker 1: I'm really good. It's it was a hot night last night.
Speaker 4: It was warm. Huh, you're out.
Speaker 1: And about I was. I'll tell you about it shortly.
Speaker 5: But I caught up with Lando Norris from McLaren last night. He is one of the most likable characters in the Formula One.
Speaker 6: I would say I saw some footage going round of him out running around the Crown Precinct.
Speaker 5: Well, I was talking to yeah him last night and he was saying, I've been out running. But I said, how'd you go in the hate and he's like, well, we're from the UK, so this is really nice. But on Saturday, it's going to be thirty seven degrees in and some of the hottest temperatures they drive in are in the Middle East. It's it's around thirty five but obviously very.
Speaker 1: Very humid, but it's like sixty degrees on the track.
Speaker 2: Can we just address off the top what he was wearing last night?
Speaker 4: What was he wearing.
Speaker 2: He's wearing a turtleneck.
Speaker 1: A knit turtle sorry, and black trousers.
Speaker 5: That was my open knitted like like a turtleneck, a woolen turtleneck.
Speaker 4: But it was nine hundred degrees.
Speaker 1: My opening line. As soon as I was introduced to him, I said, oh, what are you wearing?
Speaker 4: But Ham was it one of those ones they wear under a racing suit like a skivvy?
Speaker 2: Wasn't it that this was a knit?
Speaker 1: He looked good. He's a very handsome roaster.
Speaker 4: I know, but I'm sweating even thinking about it.
Speaker 1: I was. I was in a suit last night.
Speaker 2: I thought he'd be small, but he's quite tall. Is he not? Did you? Is he small?
Speaker 1: He's quite peet a chance?
Speaker 2: Hello, nah, I said Lauren. Though I walked in, I was quite late.
Speaker 1: When I say I sat down Atlanta, Noris. It wasn't just a niner room sitting down chat. It was a Ralph Lauren event for the new Fragrance right. Anyway, I catch up with him a little later on the show. We're going to talk to him about how he smells. Ralph Laurent or Ralph Laurence, Ralph Lauren.
Speaker 4: I've been saying it wrong the whole life.
Speaker 2: Just think of that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I will now. I know. If you can't say it, you can't afford.
Speaker 5: I used to say it wrong and then someone said to me, no, it's like the girl's name, and.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, I think you should be able to try and work on that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like that Bogan girl's name, Lauren.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can't.
Speaker 4: If you can't say it, you can't afford it.
Speaker 2: It's mine. I can't afford.
Speaker 1: Her, not afford it.
Speaker 4: I know that that's not making them.
Speaker 5: I don't know about Ralph, but you can't have me. It was fun, though, we'll talk. We'll talk about that a little later.
Speaker 6: Well, we're actually going to hit the interview back just after six point thirty this morning. Just hearing your news. We've got big changes coming to Victoria Cleant.
Speaker 1: We can we do.
Speaker 2: The premier is describing it as the toughest anywhere in the country. Time will tell obviously exactly. I can't believe we don't have a ban on machetes already. I know, like, what are you using a machete for?
Speaker 6: I thought some such stores had gone out already on their own and said we're not going to be selling Giant Knights.
Speaker 4: But that was them, I.
Speaker 5: Know, But I don't think these kids ad are breakingto people's houses with machetes, are popping down to Knife King at Chadston getting nice King of Nights, King of Knives.
Speaker 1: Remember that shop that exists, You remember the King of Knights.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And they were going there to get my dad father's stay presents, a good carving now.
Speaker 2: Good Swiss Army the house shop that was disposals.
Speaker 4: Ipposed to go there when I was a kid to buy pellic guns.
Speaker 5: I used to go when I'd be like, oh, school cabs coming up, better go to Aussie disposal.
Speaker 1: My Mom's like where, Yeah, where do you think you're going for camp?
Speaker 5: You're knife and you're like, I need everything in camo and I in an army knife and I need combat boots.
Speaker 1: Mom's like, what are you talking about?
Speaker 6: After cardboard we go, yeah, hope we get you're going on to doing and all the fun stuff.
Speaker 1: Then you're going on a bus to camera. What do you need?
Speaker 2: Commando boots, silly explorer socks and inflating for them.
Speaker 5: I'd always be like, I want one of those self inflating mattresses, Mum. And they're about stick as a piece of cardboard.
Speaker 4: I can see you in commando.
Speaker 2: Boots off to camera on the bus disposed.
Speaker 1: I still love it.
Speaker 5: There was one at the Glen Shopping still exists that shop.
Speaker 4: I believe.
Speaker 6: So we must go very busy time a year for them with camps coming up.
Speaker 1: Camps.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we got money to give away before six point thirty this morning, huge shower head.
Speaker 4: Let's get into it. Come up very soon.
Speaker 6: Your chance to win moneyre how it worked is you've got to go to the an overplayer app or an over fm dot com dot au and register for a cash call the quickie you answer when we.
Speaker 1: Bring you back, ring ring, ring, ring.
Speaker 4: The more money.
Speaker 2: It was wildly successful. Yesterday you win.
Speaker 4: It went very well, well, very.
Speaker 1: Well it did.
Speaker 5: Hopefully it's as seamless today. Speaking of phone, soone got the new iPhone update?
Speaker 2: Is there another one?
Speaker 1: What is happening?
Speaker 5: It's like my phone is possessed. I didn't well, no, no, I didn't even mean to do it. It just happened over night the other night, and now all of a sudden, when you send a text, it can like I tried to send my manager a text saying could I please get some information about this thing, and it sent it as like oh, it like expanded into big words and back again.
Speaker 1: I to call and say, got it. I'm so sorry.
Speaker 5: It's not that urge bouncy words. It's got a mind of its own.
Speaker 2: Yes, a bounty word the other day.
Speaker 6: There is one advantage, So I've got it hooked up through the car with Apple Play right, yes, And like when people like, let's say, for example, Lauren sends you quite a long message.
Speaker 1: Can you see this here?
Speaker 4: When I click on it, it actually just gives me the highlight.
Speaker 5: It's summarized, but it's so confusing because it doesn't always summarize.
Speaker 1: I see this, I'm like, excuse me?
Speaker 5: Can I get you yelling? Like I'm yelling and that's content. I'm not mad.
Speaker 1: She's like, what are you talking about? She's like, why did you send that with such aggressment. I'm like, it just did it?
Speaker 4: That looks like an aggressive The other thing it.
Speaker 5: Does is when you get a text, like the other night, someone sent me a text and I opened my phone and it already had a written reply saying ha ha ha, that's funny. What it's got like predicted responses that you can is.
Speaker 2: That your go to you.
Speaker 1: That's funny. I was like, what, I'll delete your number if I got that.
Speaker 5: Every time you send me something, you're just going to get Does anyone else have it?
Speaker 1: Is it doing anyone else?
Speaker 2: Can I?
Speaker 5: And why does it go multi color around the screen when you accidentally side button and sirih doesn't work anymore.
Speaker 4: That's a weird sery voice.
Speaker 5: It's just going to set everyone if I say it, Hey sah, she doesn't listen to anyone.
Speaker 1: You have to push a button or something.
Speaker 2: My car sounds completely different at the old one. Hey Siri, Yeah, this is in my needs.
Speaker 5: Not doing that anymore, Yeah, this is She's still there. I don't know about the new iPhone.
Speaker 2: Email business as well, where they're categorizing emails.
Speaker 1: Yes, the emails are like.
Speaker 2: This one's for business, this one's for fantasy.
Speaker 1: Fantasy, Okay, I don't have a fantasy.
Speaker 2: It's a neg plan to merge.
Speaker 1: Mine's got.
Speaker 5: Primary transactions states promotion.
Speaker 2: There's a travel one.
Speaker 1: I don't have a travel one.
Speaker 2: I don't like shame.
Speaker 1: But also I.
Speaker 5: Never gave permission. It just did it overnight. I woke up one day and my phone was like, you must have.
Speaker 4: You must have the automatic update.
Speaker 1: A see if I know how to turn that on and off?
Speaker 4: I reckon on. You just don't know how to turn it off.
Speaker 2: I put Lauren's phone on dark mode about a month and a half. Remember that really rattled as your phone still.
Speaker 1: Still in dark on? I don't I get it off.
Speaker 2: It's a good function though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't know about this new update. It's a bit freaky teaky.
Speaker 4: Are you able to go back to the old one or not?
Speaker 6: Like when you've dated that a down like a downgrade tonight, I'm down grade.
Speaker 2: Should travel.
Speaker 1: He's busy, he is busy expert. Let's get let's come actually tell him to get busy. Let's get him on the phone. He's not busy with elon.
Speaker 7: Is he?
Speaker 4: Probably?
Speaker 2: He's interviewing everywhere.
Speaker 5: Someone told me that people are boycotting Teslas now and so they're like dropping.
Speaker 1: So I'm thinking about getting a cyber truck. Should be some available.
Speaker 2: What's a cyber truck? The big ones, the big space ship, the bulletproof bulletproof.
Speaker 1: You because I'd love to see your reaction if I driving in a cyber truck. You won't get it in the car, always in the.
Speaker 5: Office like, oh, no one wants Teslas anymore. I was like, great, more for me. I'm getting a cyber truck. Do we have the min Australia. I'm getting a left hand drive cyber tuck.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, you barely drive on the rock.
Speaker 5: I know, but imagine how safe I'd been in a cyber truck.
Speaker 4: I'm getting on to be like me, rocking up and working a ram.
Speaker 2: I love her, she said, because they're bulletproof.
Speaker 1: Like she's yeah, I know. Well, I mean with all the crime in Melbourne. Oh yeah, well, might.
Speaker 5: Pop down to Aussie Disposals and sock it up, getting my cyber truck and offer.
Speaker 4: Another assassination attempt on Lauren. They won't get her in the cyber truck.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Hey, coming up next, if you're still with the slows, we're going to give away money.
Speaker 1: Fine cyber truck.
Speaker 4: Of course we must get one registered, but.
Speaker 1: I've got one. You would be like, hey, it's.
Speaker 4: True, that's true. So many people want to shoot me.
Speaker 8: Try TI copy range iceed latte ice long black and ice brown sugar cookie latte.
Speaker 1: Jason Lawrens Coffee.
Speaker 4: Look hopefully this works a little bit better than yesterday.
Speaker 1: I don't know you're talking about.
Speaker 5: I thought yesterday was wonderful when when we accidentally used the office home phone to add to the call in.
Speaker 4: I don't even know we have a home phone in the studio and the one here.
Speaker 2: Do you got one as well?
Speaker 1: That's the first time I've ever seen how long have we been here? Are you?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: It's like if I touch it the same time yesterday, can.
Speaker 4: Emergency red phone in the oval office? You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: What am I going to do?
Speaker 2: Where does our phone like.
Speaker 1: Go to studio one? Producer?
Speaker 2: Who's that the situation? Right?
Speaker 4: Oh? Gosh, you know what we need.
Speaker 1: I don't want to call you.
Speaker 4: We need the button.
Speaker 2: Oh no, it's off the receiver.
Speaker 5: Why did you take it off the It was an accident, I pointed, And.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's going to stuff up the segment.
Speaker 6: Okay, well we're about to find out Trump's got a little button in the oval any time, No, anytime.
Speaker 4: He wants a privacy diet coke.
Speaker 2: Oh you're kidding.
Speaker 4: I swear to.
Speaker 1: God, I want one of those buttons.
Speaker 2: He'd be a full strength coke, wouldn't he.
Speaker 4: Like an original?
Speaker 2: Die Die? If you came into the coal carcidgenic one.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, got dit coke is so good. I don't drink coke anymore unless I'm real desperate.
Speaker 4: Zero.
Speaker 1: I hate zero.
Speaker 2: I put it in the sugar full.
Speaker 5: Fat coke for me, or dit coke, which is probably the worst for you.
Speaker 1: Like a real treat.
Speaker 6: Guys, let's make the call. If you've registered by then overplayer app. We are about to ring someone back ring ring. The quicker you answer, the more cash you win. Here we go, hi, Emily, Yeah, we'll call it at a thousand.
Speaker 9: Oh my god, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: There was more than eight hundred. But you know what, take the thousand, make the thousand, take the thousand. Well doneces, you're.
Speaker 4: Live on over by the way. Congratulations, thank you, thank you, thank you doing it At six twenty three am, Emily.
Speaker 10: I've just dropped my daughter at my mother in laws and I'm on my way to work.
Speaker 2: Lastly, that's a that's a hero mother in law.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's a busy morning, isn't it.
Speaker 4: God, So you're up pre six to get them out of the house. Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah. What time does your alarm go off?
Speaker 2: Five? Do you do? You engage with the mother in law. Is it a drop and run situation? Oh? She laughter, I think it's a drop.
Speaker 4: Emily slows down to a steady ten k's as a child. Hey, Emily, thanks to chart time a thousand bucks come in your wake. Congratulations, Thank you so much. No worries. Make you registered by the over player app or hit up the website.
Speaker 1: It's that easy.
Speaker 4: Put your details in.
Speaker 6: We're going to make another cash call tomorrow morning. Coming up next though, going to check you around to work.
Speaker 4: Latest in news, some big changes coming to Victoria about time.
Speaker 2: I'm here in you.
Speaker 6: Clint's got all the details. On the other side of this, well, good morning Melbourne. We've got a big shirt coming up. It is gorom Prix week here in Melbourne. Not only do we have your tickets to the f one a little bit later on, but Lozzi, you are catching up with one of the big names before.
Speaker 5: Seven, Lando Norris. He of course, is Oscar Piastre's partner at McLaren. He is a lovely man, young man. I mean he's these guys. He's twenty five, twenty five, twenty five, got his life together, just absolutely killing it. One of the best drivers in the Formula One at the moment, and I think I'm tipping Lando and Oscar one and two.
Speaker 4: I didn't have my license at twenty five.
Speaker 2: Well, it's funny you should say that. I spoke to a young Melbourne girl yesterday for a story I'm doing this weekend, and she's just been signed as part of the Formula one Academy, one of the teams. She's seventeen and she's zipping around f one tracks but she can't even she's got her learners here. She's like, Mum had to drive me to this interview.
Speaker 5: But because it's a different license, it's a cam's license. Yeah, it's a different type of license.
Speaker 6: Do they have to have l plates on the Formula one cart? So it's not that only now on the green peas?
Speaker 4: Gotcha? Gotcha?
Speaker 1: It's I mean, has anyone driven anywhere near Albert Park in the last two days?
Speaker 4: I fully shut down. Now they got the wife?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love it. I get so excited.
Speaker 5: There were these amazing aerial shots yesterday that came out over Albert Park and the set up out there looks unbelievable. It's bigger and bigger every Travis Old, the CEO, was saying the other day because last year sold out, broke the records, and they've sold more this year.
Speaker 2: Again you excited, big boy? I am? Are you making your gpboo?
Speaker 4: No, No, I've been before, but I'm looking forward to it this year.
Speaker 1: We're having your team day on Friday.
Speaker 4: We are names on the list.
Speaker 1: It is on the list.
Speaker 2: The function we're going to the Canapez marvel. I love a came so nice.
Speaker 5: Can you wait for the meltdown on Friday morning about what he's going to wear?
Speaker 1: Oh my god?
Speaker 2: Either way, there was a cannope last night which tickled my fancy. What was aaroncini mini potato cakes?
Speaker 5: So someone else said that they've got them at the Stove caust they do salt vinea potato.
Speaker 2: They were sorry they were potato the menu. I had seventeen of them.
Speaker 5: We must we we we should go to the store.
Speaker 2: Cast last time Lauren and I went the Stoke, he went for lunch and we stayed for dinner.
Speaker 1: Chairs, the chairs upstairs, downstairs.
Speaker 4: Upstairs, the ches.
Speaker 1: Oh no, you've sat on chairs because there's there's lounges.
Speaker 6: There's also something the lounges the food court chairs and I was like anniversary dinner there copter, bad chair bat.
Speaker 5: I went to the storecast it did after the Grand Prix last year on the Sunday, and I wasn't.
Speaker 1: I wasn't very well in here on the Monday morning.
Speaker 2: You were, yes, must have been the alcohol poisoning.
Speaker 1: No, it wasn't. It was exhaustion.
Speaker 4: The potato cake it got ya.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, no, no, no, no potato cakes.
Speaker 4: Oh my ges.
Speaker 6: On the topic of food, we were chatting yesterday about do you know someone who has the same meal every single day?
Speaker 1: My friend who has poached chicken and brocoli every day, and then this one guy called.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, this one guy called and said a dish that he has not every day, but every day for lunch and dinner.
Speaker 2: It really rattled.
Speaker 5: Us the most because I hate this meal. I couldn't even dream of having it once.
Speaker 1: Well I tried it until now so I'm walking out.
Speaker 6: Guys, it was this time yesterday we're talking about do you know someone who eats the same meal every day?
Speaker 4: And we got this call.
Speaker 2: I live with my father.
Speaker 7: We have carried for lunch and dinner on Sunday, and we prepare for the whole week with my mash and dinner.
Speaker 1: I hate courage as well. I hate them. Take them. I don't want to be in my house.
Speaker 5: My dad makes them and brings them over and had them.
Speaker 4: What do you think of curried sausages?
Speaker 1: La? I hate them?
Speaker 5: Actually, I think I remember maybe my dad making them as a kid, and I was like, what.
Speaker 2: Have they done to you? It's a nutritious.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well here they are. People love them. So I've got the recipe. This is the recipe.
Speaker 2: Well that's quite, it's got no.
Speaker 5: No, no, I don't think curried sausages can be elaborate.
Speaker 1: It is one recipe. That's it. You cannot curried sausage.
Speaker 2: Hit me with it.
Speaker 1: Well, there's sausages, curried.
Speaker 2: Powder to peel the skin off the sausages, or what you got to d skin the sausages.
Speaker 5: Sausage, mate, curry powder, carrot, onion, garlic, chicken stock, pease, flour, salt and pepper and sugar.
Speaker 1: To back a step because it says brown the sausages. Remove and cut into chunks.
Speaker 2: Oh, she's gone, she's got, she's decontra she's just like some people.
Speaker 1: Then looks like it looks some people.
Speaker 2: Go a bit of coconut milk in there as well, oh, I love coconut. The skinning of the sausage. Yes, so you boil, you boil them. Yeah, you boil your sausages.
Speaker 4: Just boil them so then there'd be no brownness to it.
Speaker 2: So you boil them. Then you put them under the cold water. It's to rip off the skin or peel off the skin. It's very elaborate. It's great, it's very therapeutic. I was about to say that.
Speaker 5: Something like watching one of those lizards when their skin comes off.
Speaker 6: Because you know, the skin of a sausage is yeah, yeah, you didn't know that it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you reckon. They squeeze out the intestines and then stuff it with sausage.
Speaker 6: No, they make the sausage skin within testine. It's like a sinew. No is that the word.
Speaker 5: I just think sausages of things that you shouldn't talk about. Just eat the sausage sizzle and don't over analyze it.
Speaker 6: When you sit on a bangers and mash, yeah, what about a bang?
Speaker 2: What about a banger? Is a mash with curry saw no curry?
Speaker 5: No, Now you're getting in courage sausage territory. And then you put peas and garrets with it.
Speaker 4: It's the boiling of the.
Speaker 1: Boiled sausages and then skin it.
Speaker 4: Now, look I've I've never tried it. Executive producer Brody.
Speaker 1: I've got like the watery mouth.
Speaker 2: I'm going to I've got the watery mouth because I'm salivating at the prospect.
Speaker 1: I don't know why.
Speaker 2: Oh, look at them, they're marvelous.
Speaker 1: That looks like a turd in a bowl that I'm about to try.
Speaker 2: It's multiple turds in a bowl. Can in this especially, it looks quite a posh recipe. Who can I get some contact?
Speaker 6: Yeah, we're about to get these from servo, job or anything like that?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 1: You can't get curried sausages at a servo. They're not mainstream.
Speaker 2: And so who's who's the chef? My good friends out and Narry Warren?
Speaker 4: What do you mean you good friends out and Marry Warren.
Speaker 3: It was a cafe and Narry Warren that was able to provide me with some curried sausages.
Speaker 1: Are you serious?
Speaker 5: Clint could have just made it in three seconds. You drove all the way to Narry Warren.
Speaker 1: Carried sausages to get curried sausages.
Speaker 2: Chef prepared curried sausages. That. Yeah, it's nice.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, this is bringing back my childhood. I remember Mum cooking this for that and I never ate it. I was like, no, that's a hard note from me.
Speaker 1: Get that disgusting look at that. Did you pay for these curriage sausages or do they give them to you?
Speaker 2: You have to go sausage though, I'm going to it doesn't it's just getting the mess, will be honest.
Speaker 4: It looks like it looks like the skin is still on the sausage.
Speaker 1: Is making me sick?
Speaker 2: Am I going to die? Come on?
Speaker 5: Yes, this is our grand plan to kill you.
Speaker 1: Come on.
Speaker 4: That's quite nice.
Speaker 2: So you're a man of simple pleasures like me. So I knew you'd love them again.
Speaker 4: Is that a hair.
Speaker 2: You put Bailey's in them?
Speaker 4: Lauren? That's delicious. You need to dry.
Speaker 1: No, Clint can have them.
Speaker 4: No, I think you should try.
Speaker 2: Will have a bit grown adult.
Speaker 1: I've had them before. I don't like them. I'm not having them.
Speaker 6: I can't forget. I can't remember one of the spoons discussing no, no, no, give it a try, a little bit of There are hungry people and other radio stations that would kill.
Speaker 5: Anyone from other radio stations wants them, I'll happily pop them in a taxi over for you.
Speaker 4: It's got a strong after taste.
Speaker 1: It stinks, get it away.
Speaker 4: Oh how does that compared to yours? Clint.
Speaker 2: They need to boil the sausages.
Speaker 1: That is repulsive.
Speaker 4: This is the breakfast to champions. I don't mind it. It's actually pretty good.
Speaker 5: People love them. My dad, Bobby Phillips, is like curried sausage something.
Speaker 6: Actually, I haven't told you about your dad, Jesus. I messaged him over.
Speaker 1: The Christmas break about curried sausage.
Speaker 2: No to getting sausage roll recipe.
Speaker 1: I did he send it to No?
Speaker 4: He offered to come round to the hats and cook them with me. Did you reply, Yeah, I couldn't do it that day, but I was just I was going.
Speaker 1: To see you, Bobby, just drop them over, pre mate.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, I was going to send you, Bobby and I my kitchen.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I would have he would have thought it would have wont an apron And I.
Speaker 6: Know he would have because I was going to cook him with the kids and he goes Jason free.
Speaker 4: Mate, I'll come over.
Speaker 1: He's very available.
Speaker 4: I love you, Bobby.
Speaker 2: Careful sational.
Speaker 5: He's two special three specialties sausage rolls, spaghetti, bolonnets and Courage sausages. And if that ain't a real like born and bred Melbourne boy, I don't know what it is.
Speaker 4: You're on the air with Jason Lauren Clints here as well as Grand Prix week.
Speaker 1: Here in Melbourne, it is Grand Prix week.
Speaker 5: All the stars have rolled into town, all the Formula One drivers. The cars were being delivered to Albert Park yesterday.
Speaker 4: You say it like it's an Amazon package.
Speaker 1: Well they were.
Speaker 5: They literally come out of these huge like shipping containers in different parts and pieces and they get to live it down to the Paddy Club into there what do you call into their garages?
Speaker 4: Yeah allen key job yourick?
Speaker 2: Yeah absolutely. I love seeing the drives out and about in Melbourne at the various funk shown and in the wild.
Speaker 1: Saw Lando Norris running along yesterday.
Speaker 2: Also Jack Dowan, who is one of the young bright Australian.
Speaker 1: Drivers, he was out last night with his dad.
Speaker 2: I saw he was on a bed. I love a media up.
Speaker 5: They all get these gigs for different brands and he's here for well, he was doing a mattress.
Speaker 2: Company mattress company. Him and his dad were on a bed and then he went and made a sai anything for the money. Is that what he's saying?
Speaker 10: Well?
Speaker 5: Last night Lando Norris was in town with Polo read by Ralph Laurence. Fragrance is his son is really Actually the campaign is really good. He's got like there's like a bottle of the Fragrance and he's doing I was trying to explain to him what a doe he was.
Speaker 1: Who's doing doweies around it? And I said to him, is it actually?
Speaker 5: How many takes did that take to not knock it over? And he said they got a stunt driver to do it.
Speaker 4: He didn't drive the car for the commercial.
Speaker 1: He's driving a bit of it.
Speaker 5: But when they're doing doweyes, he said they got a stunt driver because there was still limited bottles of the Fragrance and they didn't want him to knock it over. I'm like, how could there possibly be a better driver than you to do that? Anyway, it was at the Stoke cast last night.
Speaker 1: Clint came along and I was.
Speaker 2: More excited to see Lauren up there on stage.
Speaker 1: When you walked in, they had all these waiters trays of the polo red fragrance on a tray and the waiter when Clint said it came in, he said, would do like a sprits And Clint picked it up and tried to drink it, thinking.
Speaker 5: It was like a sprit and they were like, no, no, no, just a spray like.
Speaker 1: A sprit.
Speaker 4: I would have done.
Speaker 2: It was like a cherry sprits in some sort of flash bottle. How creative they're doing spirts in fragrance bottles.
Speaker 1: I know it a little any good ideas?
Speaker 2: What's happening us? No, sir no, I just like sprits and you have to put it back on the back on the trail.
Speaker 1: Honestly, you can't take us anywhere. How embarrassing.
Speaker 2: All right, Well last.
Speaker 4: Night Lenda Norris was in town. Ma Orn Phillips got up with him.
Speaker 7: Hello, Hello am I sitting or standing.
Speaker 1: Up to you.
Speaker 5: We can see if you like you did not get the memo about our long Melbourne summer.
Speaker 7: I noticed, no, hello everyone here. It's beautiful here, isn't it. I love it. It's like the complete contrast of the UK. So I'm making the most of it. I'm a bit burned and a bit red, but yeah, making the most of Australia, so I'm loving it.
Speaker 1: When did you arrive back in Australia? It must be nice to come back to start the season.
Speaker 7: It is, I mean twenty nineteen, I started my season here. It was my first race in Formula one actually, so some nice, nice memories.
Speaker 5: Does the weather coming to play this weekend? I know, I think on Saturday for qualifying it's gonna be thirty eight degrees here in Melbourne. I know you said the Middle East.
Speaker 1: Is some of the hottest places you race, but this is actually going to be hotter than some of those races. How hot does it get in the car and how does that come into you when you're competing in Formula one?
Speaker 7: It's pretty warm. Yeah, thirty seven degrees will probably be one of the hottest tracks I've been like, I've been driving at the time, so it's yeah, it's not nice.
Speaker 2: Pretty.
Speaker 7: It's a good way to start the season because it's like straight into the thick end and then I can slowly get used to it. But also some chances of rain, so we never know what's going to happen here in Melbourne.
Speaker 1: But that's classic Melbourne for you.
Speaker 7: I don't mind both, but I prefer the sun.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, well, let's part formula one for a moment and talk about Rolf, Laura and Fragrance. It's just what you were here for.
Speaker 5: Do you pride yourself as someone who you can smell before they see you walk into a room?
Speaker 7: I hope So, I don't know, Okay, I think it's very important. I think it's one of the most important things for people. You don't want to smell bad, do you?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 7: I think you to smell good And this is definitely something that makes you smell good. I think, especially on over a weekend, you know where we're working a lot with sweaty who are hot, changing clothes, changing into race suits of races.
Speaker 4: So it's not the most.
Speaker 7: Probably like a hygienic, nice, beautiful kind of thing, but you need something to kind of counter that, and that's this.
Speaker 1: Do you give yourself a sprits when you get out of the car as well straight after a race?
Speaker 7: It's a good idea.
Speaker 4: Actually I do.
Speaker 7: I do normally before because you know, when we go on the grid, there's a lot of people. Do you want to smug good when you're on the grid?
Speaker 1: How does it go?
Speaker 5: Coming to Australia, you're racing with a local boy. You and Oscar Piastre are teammates at McLaren Here in Australia. Do you feel the support of the Australians because people who don't have an F one team have automatically adopted you into our lives.
Speaker 1: You're sort of an honorary Australia.
Speaker 7: Now, I don't feel the support because they're all supporting for Oscar and normally normally because I've beaten them. So it doesn't help.
Speaker 4: It doesn't help these kind of things.
Speaker 1: So what happens. Then you're on the straight. It's the last rundown, the straight you wanted to do. You feel the pressure to go all right? You can have this one?
Speaker 7: No, because I want to make it out of Australia.
Speaker 4: I've I've loved my time.
Speaker 7: I mean I started with Daniel. I've said if carlos Daniel and now Oscar Daniel is one of the best guys I've ever made in my life. I spent a lot of time with him, and last New Year I flew to Perth and I spent some more time here, so I still talk to him. He's here this weekend, so I would go and say hi. As much as we hate each share that when you're on track, we're just we're competitors and we get along, and even between myself and Oscar we get along a lot. We don't have many other interests outside of Formula one, so it's kind of like we only talk about racing and that's about it. We know we want to we want to beat each other, like we know at the end of the day, there's nothing more we'd love for both of us than them to beat one another. But at the same time we want to just enjoy every minute and push each other and be competitors but also be teammates and not always the easiest compromise and a balance to have, but both with with Daniel and Oscar great Australians, I've enjoyed my time a lot.
Speaker 1: Have they taught you anything? Australians were unique characters. Have you learned any Australian mannerisms Australian slang?
Speaker 7: I mean I have, but Oscar doesn't. I wouldn't say Oscar says that much. I feel like he's more European than Australia now in terms of his use of the language.
Speaker 5: He did blow up the other day because there's a new rule that's come into Formula one when it comes to the drivers on their radios, and you're all gonna cop find of hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Speaker 1: If you say anything rude or if you swear. And he wasn't happy about that, which is a very Australian thing. Do you think that will be a problem.
Speaker 7: Yeah, for many of us, it shall be. I think it'll be harder for some others than I think myself. Oscar, I would say, swears that much. Like he's very I don't know how he looks so relaxed and calm like twenty for seven, but I feel like inside he's a bit of a beast and he's quite scary sometimes. So he definitely has his moments. But even when I would be so annoyed about something, his reaction is just very like yeah, yeah, mush at times.
Speaker 1: I mean, you're so competitive on the track, are you're a competitive person off the track as well?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, with everything, with everything any sport I do, whether it's my friends or my fam I mean I grew up with an elder brother, so I think there's no one that's a bigger competitor than your brothers. So when I grow up and you're racing together and competing together, I kind of I think I grow with that perfect knowledge of what a rivalry is between my brother and myself. So that was a nice thing. But I think that also made me a better competitor. But I still hate losing and whatever I do, and I'll do it whatever I can to make sure I don't lose, even if that means cheating, and you know, when all takes no matter what I do. But yeah, whether it's sport or games, whatever it is, I hate, I really hate losing, so I'll do whatever I can.
Speaker 1: Well, good luck, Thank you so much for being here tonight. Good luck on Sunday. We can't wait to see you out there. Ladies and gentlemen, please put your hands together. Orlando and Norals, thanks everyone, Thank you.
Speaker 4: What about ladies and gentlemen. Ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 1: Guy, nice, nice, nice guy.
Speaker 4: They're all bloody competitive.
Speaker 5: Because I did say, you're coming down the straight one and two.
Speaker 1: You an Oscar Piastre. It's the home crown, it's the first race of the season. Do you let him have it? It was like, absolutely not.
Speaker 2: He was very lovely turtleneck, wasn't.
Speaker 5: He was turtle neck. You get the memo about the hot weather was freezing?
Speaker 2: Would you be if you had a daughter, would you be happy for Leando Norris to date? It date your daughter?
Speaker 1: Yeah? He was lovely.
Speaker 4: It should be happy to date.
Speaker 5: When he said he was twenty, i'd like to I like, you know, thinking about the future and having a family, and like every girl in the room was like, oh hearts fluttering and he goes. But you know, I do have a lot of living ahead of me. I'm only twenty five.
Speaker 1: Twenty five, twenty five, twenty five years ago.
Speaker 2: Possible showers today, thirty three, we're going for.
Speaker 1: It, showers coming.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: There seems to be a lightning emergie.
Speaker 1: I know it does two pm. Potentially checking the weather app Yeah I am, I'm checking checking the bomb a possible storm.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, Well you know what. It's got that stormy feeling. But at the moment, Queenslander, no, it's not.
Speaker 5: It's beautiful out there. We just can't see out through the tint tapler posting on the ground that it's a beautiful morning.
Speaker 4: Can't till top of the morning.
Speaker 6: Hey, is technology getting better or a wee getting lazier?
Speaker 4: Both?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Right?
Speaker 5: But sometimes I feel like technology is going a bit far, Like I was having a meltdown about the new iPhone update. It automates response people messages.
Speaker 2: Did you ever tell me what I want to write?
Speaker 4: Ha?
Speaker 1: Ha ha, that's funny. It keeps popping up on mine.
Speaker 6: Did you ever go through a stage of using the this is full Bogan territory the electric salt and pepper shakers?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Na doesn't.
Speaker 5: They've got a light on them too, so you can make sure it is targeting.
Speaker 2: I don't have them. I don't have I'm an old school turning crack grinder.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love a big grinder, but I'm not.
Speaker 2: Surprised that you have the Bogans.
Speaker 4: No, no, I used to. I don't have that. I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: But are used to what it is now?
Speaker 4: Like an actual grinder?
Speaker 1: Are you so unimpressed about it?
Speaker 4: It's a bit of work.
Speaker 2: Do you have the long one?
Speaker 5: How sad is it when you go to grind and there's no pepper spinning and you're like, oh, then you can never find the refill?
Speaker 4: Mind's clear?
Speaker 1: So I can see you've got a clear clear your mind's not clear.
Speaker 6: There was something on the ground the other day because I'm into playing cards with my boys. Love card games in the afternoon.
Speaker 5: Well, your eight year old plays poker, that's not a great card game.
Speaker 4: To teach it better than sitting on a laptop, that's the way I figured.
Speaker 2: It's true, you know.
Speaker 6: And there's this little machine you can get now where it's a card shuffling machine. But then it goes around the table and deals the cards, it spits it out. Oh that's amazing. Yes, what do you mean are you opening a casino?
Speaker 5: The subjects Molly's Game? Did anyone watch Molly's Not Molly except you've got kids?
Speaker 4: Molly?
Speaker 6: And then lou my wife brought home a purchase the other day to make life a little bit easier, and I'm like.
Speaker 1: Did she go on by it? Or did you get to live it?
Speaker 4: Got to live it?
Speaker 2: Actually two giant boxes could be anything? And I was like, what could be anything?
Speaker 4: What's this?
Speaker 6: And he's like, this is going to make our life a whole lot easier. And I think you're going to want to take a lesson.
Speaker 2: Then you close it.
Speaker 4: What's this?
Speaker 1: You like that.
Speaker 2: That's listen.
Speaker 1: It's an electric rubbish. Why don't you just use a pedal like every other person? It's rubbish. Rubbish bin is hands free because you have a foot pedal.
Speaker 6: Now the foot pedal is always break. This one's got an electric lead. So you just wave your hand over the.
Speaker 5: Top, you're touching it. The point is that you're supposed to free. I actually think that's what about when you've got all the rubbish in your hands?
Speaker 2: No no, no, no no no.
Speaker 6: In the video I worked it out how to actually do it. But it's got a sense up. But if you just wave your hands over it.
Speaker 1: What if you're carrying all the rubbish.
Speaker 6: If you're just wind foot pedals, you don't have to touch anything.
Speaker 4: You just wave your hands.
Speaker 1: Hold on wavebb it knocks.
Speaker 2: The rubbish out of your hand.
Speaker 1: With what happens when it runs out of.
Speaker 4: Stop?
Speaker 1: Does it need to be plugged into power stop?
Speaker 4: Yes, you've been very negative. It runs on four double as.
Speaker 1: I can't wait for you to have your hands full of rubbish, and Jesus Luke get the screw driver in the four double as I've got a chicken carcass in my hands and I can't get it in the bin.
Speaker 5: Open my chicks, we're in the double as.
Speaker 2: Oh we've only got three run down of seven eleven Remote, you are incredibly lazy.
Speaker 1: Should have got the foot pedal? Does it warn you? And the alt No from enough a dozen your stuff.
Speaker 6: Jelly roll on the air here at Nova. You like that man, we want to send you to see him, Lave.
Speaker 1: You will need to meet our way Expedia. We're made to plan where halfway is Expedia Made to Travel.
Speaker 2: Delay in Vegas of US Red Room Global Tour powered by Expedia.
Speaker 6: Look, we've given away some pretty cool trips. Mate, this is up there. Jump on a plane, fly to all plan. Gracie Aprams, I love.
Speaker 2: Her, so it is my sister. She's harping to me.
Speaker 4: I come to I love Gracie Abrams. Once you're done with that, you get back on a plane. Head to La to catch up with our boy Dean Lewis. He's going to be playing at the House of Blues. Great venue.
Speaker 1: I thought the House of Blues burnt out? Did they rebuild? It?
Speaker 4: Must we must rebuild?
Speaker 2: And then the one when you do, it's moved.
Speaker 1: When you're done with Dean, I'm sure.
Speaker 6: It's then you're off to Sin City, Las Vegas, where you will see jelly Roll, Post Malone Live.
Speaker 2: What a double a.
Speaker 4: I'm hearing you.
Speaker 1: I love jelly Roll and I love Post.
Speaker 6: All you have to do is registered by the overplayer app. If we'll give you a call back and put you on the air, You're on the standby listed.
Speaker 2: Is that easy?
Speaker 4: Let's put a few people through, guys, Let's.
Speaker 1: Go to Kieran in don Vale morning, good morning, Hell? Are you very well? Would you like this trip of a lifetime? Oh my god, Lewis my heart is?
Speaker 4: You are on the list? Well, Karen, Kathy box Hill? How do you go on a plane?
Speaker 7: Oh yes, please, I'm ready?
Speaker 1: How do you go to gig in Vegas? Jerk and Kathy?
Speaker 7: I'm living the dream or be living the dream?
Speaker 1: Finally, have you ever been to Vegas?
Speaker 9: No dying?
Speaker 4: Do you sound like a high rock I'm gonna I'm gonna call it now and go. You'd be a bit of a liability and we love that.
Speaker 9: Oh yes, you need me.
Speaker 10: I would need to be there.
Speaker 1: Are you a woo girl at a concert? Like crazy?
Speaker 9: Crazy?
Speaker 10: Turn it down down, Kathy, turn.
Speaker 2: It up, Kathy? What do you sit on a Vegas pool party.
Speaker 10: I'm in the action and I need as much as alcohol as possible.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, going to say you need as much action as well, don't.
Speaker 2: I think she's going to get it.
Speaker 6: Go Kathy, Kay the standby list it is no fas red Room Global to a powered by Expedia. All you gotta do is hit up and over player app. We call you back, put you on the air. You could be heading to Vegas. Kathy's what I know.
Speaker 4: I like it. She sounds like a fun time could be. Yeah, I mean she wins.
Speaker 2: It's the concert.
Speaker 4: I can see a potential pr night man exactly.
Speaker 6: We've got big changes coming to Victoria, and I think we all agree that it's about bloody time.
Speaker 2: Well, I funny should say that, jas because I've just received a notification on my phone in the last minute that the Premier and Attorney General will be making a major announcement on bail reforms morning nine am.
Speaker 6: It's about we'll give you all the details on that coming up, and we are going to be probing the Popo in minutes, catching up with the Victorian police and your chance to win you aad to the Formula one Grand Prix.
Speaker 4: It's all still the come.
Speaker 6: This morning on an over It's one of her favorite segments.
Speaker 2: That I wanted you Jason Lawrence probo, tell me.
Speaker 6: What's your So every couple of weeks we catch up with the Victorian Police. We love the cops, other work they do and joining us from the Armed Crime Unit. This morning, Detective Sergeant Mark Welch Welshy, Good morning morning.
Speaker 2: What do you stressed? Well, I.
Speaker 4: Was going to be brought down. I'd want to be brought down by a good looking But.
Speaker 1: What does your department do?
Speaker 3: So we mainly focus on serious and organized crime, so things like non fatal shootings, kidnappings, bank robberies.
Speaker 6: Just when you say that, robberies, bank robberies and kidnappings, right, it's the stuff you see in the movies.
Speaker 5: I love bank robberies movies. They're my favorite.
Speaker 2: You need to emphasize the movies.
Speaker 1: Movies.
Speaker 5: There's so many movies and doggos about like the masks and.
Speaker 4: You're rolling into combat then with the.
Speaker 1: Share I'm fascinated.
Speaker 4: But is that really going on here in Victoria?
Speaker 3: Not so much anymore, I think with the declining cash.
Speaker 4: Right, but what about kidnappings and stuff?
Speaker 3: Yeah, kidnappings a little bit more common. We probably do one maybe a fortnight.
Speaker 2: And a few drive bars as well.
Speaker 3: Well, unless someone gets hit by one of the rounds being discharged. We don't do them.
Speaker 1: Instant.
Speaker 5: Something like what happened in South Era where just off Chapel Street and there was a guy there and someone drove past and had a few shots at them. Is that where your team comes in.
Speaker 3: Now only if one of those end up unfortunately hitting a person, right, we'll do that.
Speaker 5: Then you get involved, and what are you trying to do? Trying to work out who did it based on the bullets or.
Speaker 1: There a little bit of everything.
Speaker 3: I think with the advancement of technology now we're going back to CCTV footage and witnesses has been the most important things that we look for now.
Speaker 4: I sit there and go in twenty twenty five with the amount of cameras everywhere, like how you could pull off a crime these days and get away with it would blow me away.
Speaker 3: It's really amazing now and the quality of cameras and the amount of people that have them.
Speaker 6: So like say something, say if there was a shooting just outside over here on Clarendon Streep, you get access cameras from all the ATMs around here.
Speaker 3: Correct, everywhere, everywhere's with cameras. It's just the time it takes now to sit down and review everything and look for what's out of place.
Speaker 2: So how I mean, how prevalent is organized crime in Victoria right now?
Speaker 3: I don't think it's exclusive to Victoria. I think it's just in general.
Speaker 2: I mean, syndicate's run right anywhere, right, yeah.
Speaker 3: And it's just where there's an opportunity for them to grow and to find a business model which is favorable for them to be earning money, and they just take advantage of it. And we have to adapt weekly to what's happening and work out ways to combat that.
Speaker 2: With your hands full right now, Like, is it a busy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're busy, And I think that it's just in general terms of policings busy.
Speaker 5: Would we be surprised, as just commoners walking around Melbourne, would we be surprised to know how many guns there are out there in the city of the state.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I think where it's still a pretty safe state right to live in. We're not having shootings every day, We're not having people innocent people being shot in the Street very often, So I think overall it's still a fairly safe state to be.
Speaker 4: Back to the movies you want to talk hosts, Is it.
Speaker 6: Like like whether it's Inside Man or I mean maybe not Oceans eleven? But is there a movie you've watched and gone yeah like that. That's probably the closest to real life bank jobs that I've dealt with.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that the our bank robberies that we have now are pretty unsophisticated. But I don't think we have the large scale heightsts, right, and so it's.
Speaker 4: More idiot running in with a handgun, just.
Speaker 3: Hand the note over the counter and stuff like that, as opposed to you know, the full like.
Speaker 4: The movie stuff like chasing the ex president through gotcha. Yeah, they're fairly I feel.
Speaker 6: Like that's almost more scary though. You're a teller and got handed just a note by someone calm with instructions you know what I mean, run them?
Speaker 1: No, I don't know. I think the whole thing's scary.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is this the sorry? Is this is the job you always wanted to do?
Speaker 4: Is? Yeah?
Speaker 3: So growing up love blue.
Speaker 2: Heelers, you yourj yourj yeah, dressed like it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're driving a Falcon as well, actually a falcon first start, So yeah, Mount Thomas Police Station. It was definitely something that sold it to me. And then I got in the academy when I just turned nineteen and we have stayed ever since.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 5: Now it says here that you've been called to a kidnapping that turned out to be a Bucks party stunt.
Speaker 2: What.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So occasionally, apart from the series kidnappings, we get ones where maybe the guys have done it a little too well in terms of we had the boys they had hired a van and have gone and taken their friend off the street, kidnapped, kidnapped him. They acted it out really well to the point that obviously some bystanders that were walking past thought it was legit. And then we ended up make it doing our inquiries as we did, and we tracked them down.
Speaker 1: To how long did it take you to track them down? It was a few hours and they're at a pub at a Bucks Bundy.
Speaker 4: No it wasn't.
Speaker 3: It was actually we tracked them to the Sorrento area and we thought this is a pretty nice place to take your hostage, and then found the van parked outside and the dress and we did our cordon and everything and called them out.
Speaker 4: And hey, did you do your storm in or we we.
Speaker 3: Did a cordon and called them out.
Speaker 4: Run on the megaphone, come out, your hands up.
Speaker 1: And out came the bus.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well they were all pretty sheepish coming out and then the buck was covered in glitter.
Speaker 2: Did you so we had interrupted mid.
Speaker 4: Show?
Speaker 2: Did you arrest him with your yeah?
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, did they knew that we weren't part of the show because have loved to stay for one I think we're pretty tired by the end of the day after running around.
Speaker 4: You mean, poor candy putting on the show and then here and come out with your.
Speaker 1: Hands Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: So it's yeah, when you're doing these things, maybe just have a look around and see.
Speaker 4: Who's yeah, gotcha?
Speaker 3: You close the blind don't don't plan it.
Speaker 4: That well, close the blinds.
Speaker 1: That is funny.
Speaker 6: We are on the air with Detective Sergeant Mark Walts this morning from the Armed Crime Unit here in Victoria. Mate, you guys do an amazing job.
Speaker 4: Thanks very much for dropping by this morning. We love the Victorian police. That's great. And no charges or anything.
Speaker 3: They lap on the wrist that I said, Well, don't keep planning. But yeah, maybe next time, don't be as good as that.
Speaker 1: Don't be as brazen and oh my gosh, imagine waking up and just.
Speaker 4: To clarify, you love bank robbery movie.
Speaker 2: Gist.
Speaker 5: I know there's a there's a podcast Dollar Gold Heist featured on Police.
Speaker 1: Life, which is all about one of those.
Speaker 2: Are we listening to You wouldn't be a very good crook.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I've got I can't keep a secret.
Speaker 4: Guys, guess what I'm doing next Saturday. Hey Welsh, thanks for coming him, mate, Thank you. Good morning, Kimmy, Hello, welcome to the show. Hello, good morning. What's what's on the card this morning?
Speaker 2: Kim were hidden to work?
Speaker 4: What do you do with yourself?
Speaker 2: I'm a funeral director?
Speaker 1: Oh wow?
Speaker 5: Okay, well you guys, you guys, are you a white lady?
Speaker 1: An amazing job?
Speaker 2: Can you I answer me this question? Why don't the white ladies have white hats? Why they read burgundy.
Speaker 8: Because they matched the tie.
Speaker 2: The glove.
Speaker 6: A couple of them. I had a couple of mates in radio. When they left radio, they got into funeral directing.
Speaker 5: My hairdresser did too, my old hairdresser, and I was like, that's quite the career change.
Speaker 4: Well, it's job security.
Speaker 1: But also, Kim, you have.
Speaker 5: To be very personable. Like the people who are funeral directors and are involved in funerals are the kindest, bravest people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would we try to be.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you ever so personality? Do you have a sob over strangers and think, oh gosh.
Speaker 5: Yeah I do.
Speaker 2: You got a busy day today, Kim, Ah, yeah, I do.
Speaker 1: Actually, human, it's an industry that's not going on in fashion.
Speaker 4: No, it is not.
Speaker 6: All right, Kim, let's light the mood. You want to play for five hundred dollars this morning?
Speaker 1: Five hundred dollars?
Speaker 4: All right, let's.
Speaker 2: Try and give you the money to the white ladies.
Speaker 4: They do it.
Speaker 1: You can leave your Come on, dom, I want you to win this car.
Speaker 4: I do not sing that no the white lady. But they did not sing no no.
Speaker 1: We played Looking for Some Heart Stuff at My Name's.
Speaker 2: Really.
Speaker 1: She loved the movie.
Speaker 6: Before my dad played Land down Under, he requested that he say that's fun.
Speaker 1: Funerals can be fun.
Speaker 6: All right, Kim, you're gonna hear a question. You'll have three seconds to answer. You must answer in that time. Okay, here we go.
Speaker 2: What type of animal is the mascot for the Worldwide Fund for Nature three two. You can see it, can't you.
Speaker 4: I can see the logo. I can see the logo.
Speaker 1: It is the panda, little black and white thing. Kim, Sorry, Kimmy, all right, let's give him something, Kim.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you. How about check you one hundred dollars Grilled about you for playing.
Speaker 1: It'll be wonderful.
Speaker 4: Thank you, lunches on us. You can try the new oscar.
Speaker 1: Piastre burger Grill Delicious.
Speaker 6: Tell him about it one hundred percent Wago high protein, low suregar order now at Grilled.
Speaker 4: Hey, Kim, thanks for work you do.
Speaker 8: Thank you, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: You're welcome. Have a good day.
Speaker 5: Hey Kim, what's the weirdest thing you've ever seen at a funeral? The wildest thing?
Speaker 1: Oh, keep in mind the time, nothing really like wild.
Speaker 5: If I remember, we had that funeral director on once that said the grandson had uploaded the slide on it actually yeah, splash.
Speaker 2: And also sometimes you get like unsolicited guests like ghosts and.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Kim, bid you to.
Speaker 2: Stay for the wake food sausage rolls and party pass.
Speaker 9: Yeah we take them into refreshments.
Speaker 6: Yeah, a refreshments. Refreshment, So I just even love all the terms around them. Hey, Kim, hopefully we don't see each other soon, hope not break all right, there she is.
Speaker 2: Look, bail reform, that's front of mine right now. Given the wave of crime that we've seen admitted Victoria's you know, youth crime crisis, Ja Ciner Allen has promised to do something about it, and just moments ago she made this announcement.
Speaker 8: Today we are bringing in the toughest bail laws in the country. We are putting community safety first and foremost in bail decisions, and we're also reversing that change where romand or bail was seen as a last resort for youth offending. So that's a key change and a key change that we can make immediately.
Speaker 2: She's also announced a ban on the sale of machetes.
Speaker 5: Well, it's long over you, long over it. It's taken far too long to get to this.
Speaker 2: Well, unfortunate, Lauren. There's been so many families across this great state of ours impacted. One of them is the Gordon family. Natalie Gordon has been kind enough to join us today now. Heartbreakingly, her brother who was just thirty three years of age, just thirty three. Let that sink in. He was a doctor. He was stabbed and hit by a car while he pursued thugs in Doncaster who'd broken into his home. Natalie, thanks so much for your time. What's your reading? What's your reaction to the news The premier has just just.
Speaker 10: Broken just about time, you know, finally, Yes, she's listening, As everybody is aware, I've been working tirelessly over the past over twelve months to get you know, change his nates. It's great to hear this. It is great to hear this. She is finally listening, She's starting to act. Unfortunately, I still don't think this will be enough really, I mean, failing these youth offenders is one thing, and obviously tightening them bail laws will hold them in remark until they get into court. But once they get into court they still believe in rehabilitation and are just placing them on community based orders.
Speaker 8: The community is.
Speaker 10: Still at risk because unfortunately they don't have any respect for anybody.
Speaker 1: Nicelye.
Speaker 5: I mean, I remember watching the news stories about your brother and what an incredible man he was, and I know Melbourne grieved with you during that whole process. What happened to the people that did this to your brother?
Speaker 1: Where are they?
Speaker 10: It's still ongoing, so they are in ramand but it is still ongoing court case.
Speaker 2: How has it impacted your family, Natalie, Because your brother looked like an absolute legend. He was doing some remarkable work in the community.
Speaker 10: Oh, he was a buddy legend. I tell yeah, It's unimaginable. You can't explain the damage this is done to our family. You know, every single day is a constant struggle to just put on that brave face and continue on, because unfortunately, although we feel like our entire lives have just stopped, they haven't. The world still keeps turning. Where still expected to show up and do things. And I mean, I lost my best friend that day, Natalie, and Natalie.
Speaker 4: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: And these were kids, they were teenagers, right, yeah, yet they were.
Speaker 6: I can't I can't imagine what you and your family are feeling or going through. But all I can say is, like Mike, I'll be honest, I've got anger this morning after hearing the announcement. I just I feel like it's been used as a political football. I feel like we're doing something now, and I just don't get why it's taking it, so I get long.
Speaker 2: I mean, you also have to say that she's listening.
Speaker 4: Finally, I don't think she had a choice, Clint. I think that's all. Anybody in this city.
Speaker 2: Has been calling for her and the government to do something, and she's doing a long.
Speaker 4: Time, for a long time.
Speaker 10: I have to agree. I have to agree it is a political football. She is putting on a front because she knows she's a very unliked woman.
Speaker 5: I mean, I have.
Speaker 10: Repeatedly asked for her to sit down talk with me.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 10: I'm not an unreasonable person. I just want to have a conversation. Officer, some suggestions from a real victim's voice, but she flat refuses. But then we'll offer her condolencence to my entire family in an interview only a few weeks ago. Not before that, though, because she now knows that this backlash is catching up with her.
Speaker 5: Natalie, I'm like I said, I think I think we all felt our heartbreaks watching the story of your family and your brother, and hopefully today at least is a step in the right direction.
Speaker 2: Natalie, do you feel safe No, not at all now, I.
Speaker 4: Think any of us do. In Victoria, at the moment.
Speaker 10: Quinn, No, it's an unfortunate situation we find ourselves in, but it isn't safe. It's not safe to go to the supermarkets. I don't even feel safe watching my kids at their junior sporting events.
Speaker 5: Well, like I said, hopefully this is a step in the right direction. And Natalie, we are so sorry for your loss and for everything your family has gone through. And you're absolutely right, this has taken way too long.
Speaker 6: And I know today will be a hard day just bringing up everything for you guys, So we're sending out thoughts and prayers of your way and.
Speaker 1: We really appreciate you jumping on with us this morning.
Speaker 10: Natalie, no worries, Thanks guys.
Speaker 6: Thanks GUYSSF one week, it is.
Speaker 5: F one week. I love F one week. I'm tired. Sorry, I went out last night. Mom went out, Mum.
Speaker 6: Went out and I just looked over. Mum's got a feed up on one chair. She's would you like the cordless microphone so that you can lay on the floor.
Speaker 1: That would be great.
Speaker 4: Can we get Lauren the cordless?
Speaker 5: In all seriousness, it is one of the most hectic weeks in Melbourne. Formula one first week of AFL back. There are parties, functions, gala. I went out last night and had two iced waters, but I went to bed past my bedtime. Yeah, and I am tired. I've been catching up with all the drivers.
Speaker 2: Double down Tonight, I'm going to go to Glamor on the Greed. Are you going to come with me?
Speaker 5: I'm not going to Glamor on the Grid. I'm going to a dinner with George Russell tonight.
Speaker 2: Are you what?
Speaker 4: I'm going to sit home?
Speaker 1: Just Georgia.
Speaker 2: You are mixing with all the heart fine world.
Speaker 4: Get down on the.
Speaker 1: Get down on the floor and talk about georgeous Georgia.
Speaker 4: I stopped myself, Lauren. If you would like to make your way to the floor, you may lay down.
Speaker 1: I'm quite comfortable lounging on this chair.
Speaker 4: I'll just get you another mic if you want to just lay around, if you want.
Speaker 1: To get the couch, maybe the recliner in the d time did you get home? Ah?
Speaker 2: Like you lifted about thirty.
Speaker 1: That's untrue.
Speaker 2: So it was an all night forty five.
Speaker 5: I took producer Jews with me last night. Jeeze, what time did we leave?
Speaker 1: Nine? Each?
Speaker 2: I reckon we left? I was thinking seven forty five.
Speaker 1: He goes like, no, you're a pack of lines. I was a party animal last night.
Speaker 4: Don't you want to go out afterwards?
Speaker 1: Jerz?
Speaker 2: I mean I wanted to go out more right?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Gotcha?
Speaker 5: Yeah no, I'm too old for this kind of behavior. Wait, do you see me tomorrow after my Dinner's dinner with gorgeous Georgia's George Russell Formula driver.
Speaker 6: One louisit on Australian Grand Prix. It's Melbourne, expect nothing less?
Speaker 1: That is, who's your favorite driver? We've been talking about the grand Oscar pistre.
Speaker 4: I'm a Ricardo.
Speaker 5: You know he's not driving, but he's got his party. Did you get invited to his party last night? So you went on the least? There's three parties last night. Lando Norris had a party. He had Daniel Cardo had a party.
Speaker 1: And Charlotte Clare had a party. He's got a piano, pop up piano bar. I think it was Charlotte mess but I think so. I don't know.
Speaker 5: George gorgeous Georgies, Gorgeous George Russell has that thing tonight and Max v Steppin's got a thing.
Speaker 1: You been invited to any.
Speaker 6: Of them Max none none. I think I was allowed to go down to grill when burger You.
Speaker 1: Didn't even get invited to that. They sent you the burger.
Speaker 6: Into They were like, please, don't come down.
Speaker 1: Don't come we will send you the b eat one in your Aclina Dale. Stay home.
Speaker 5: Breaking news this morning. We're about to give away tickets to the formula and go on.
Speaker 4: Breaking news.
Speaker 1: Break breaking news this morning.
Speaker 5: Oscar Piastre has just signed a multi year extension with McLaren's. He has snapped Peter about forty minutes ago.
Speaker 4: That'd be a parka pender papire?
Speaker 2: What's that papaya?
Speaker 1: Papy is the orange?
Speaker 2: What's papeita?
Speaker 1: Isn't that a nut?
Speaker 2: I think it easy? How they Gotz's got your nuts mixed up with you?
Speaker 1: You got your fruit nut mixed up. He's got his fruit not mixed up.
Speaker 2: Bire, hang on for peterie is the orange?
Speaker 1: How would you spell for Peter?
Speaker 2: P e p I t a.
Speaker 5: It's a seed, it's a pumpkins seat, Well, pumpkins are kind of orange. But you've definitely got your fruit nuts and nuts and bevene mixed up. Anyway, No, no, no, let's do on this.
Speaker 4: How would you like to be trackside on Sunday?
Speaker 1: Get your papaya hats out the Roscar.
Speaker 4: The Formula one Louis Batan Australian Grand Prix. Expect nothing less than extraordinary. It is going to be incredible. We're going to know you're.
Speaker 5: Trying to shut it down because you don't get it. But the reason we're talking about it is because that's the tin colors that McLaren is like, it's papaya range.
Speaker 4: Right, we're going on Friday and when we're mingling, I'm going to roll that out.
Speaker 5: No no, no, no no, you're going with Mercedes, different team compete. They're kind of black and they've got a bit of teal, don't they black and white?
Speaker 4: And like green green? Don't bring up the yeah, okay, how this works?
Speaker 1: Macadami is a good nut, isn't it?
Speaker 4: Great nut?
Speaker 2: Great?
Speaker 1: Take the King of the nuts. Do you think these nuts?
Speaker 4: Yep Iry? Around Christmas time when they bring out the jars of the chocolate like peanuts, I.
Speaker 2: Think gum more, tamaron arm and kind of guy.
Speaker 1: I love the tamoron am.
Speaker 4: Expensive.
Speaker 1: They're expensive, have you seen?
Speaker 4: Sorry, we'll get to the Formula one the set, you know, the fruit and nuts. Selection like the.
Speaker 1: Coals and stuff, not like the nibble nobbies nuts.
Speaker 4: No, no, you know like it's you know, you pick a mixture. One of my kids the other day he was like, oh Dad, can we just get some little treats? Can we get some little treats? It was dog treats.
Speaker 2: Yes they do, they do the dog treats. Yes.
Speaker 4: I almost them to the kids.
Speaker 1: Can't have nuts, can they? You wouldn't want to get the mixed?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: Well I almost gave these little bones to the children.
Speaker 2: The bone good, yes, good for their teeth and the coat.
Speaker 4: All right, let's go to the phones.
Speaker 6: Whoever can pull off the best Formula one car sound, we'll win tickets to the Grand Prix.
Speaker 4: Wheels are off, you.
Speaker 2: Guys are cooked.
Speaker 5: No, the wheels are off. The wheels will be on them unless the noise that you want to make to win the tickets is the wheel change free with the drill. All right, get going to keyta out Zaye from Thornberry.
Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 5: Oh, it says that you have a deep voice, and it's not wrong. Who's your favorite who's your favorite race car driver? Luis excited to see him and hang on, what color will he be in.
Speaker 4: Jason Lewis's black and white?
Speaker 1: No, he was, He was Mercedes. It's the first time anyone's see him in red for Ferraris.
Speaker 4: Yes, thank you, deep voice, when you're ready?
Speaker 1: That was pretty good. Go again, focus, Come on, yep, that's pretty good for a deep voice. You went quite high to Bell Park, Stacey.
Speaker 4: Hello, Hello, all right, you're ready to go?
Speaker 2: I think so? So. It says here you want to win the tickets for your hobby? Do you not like.
Speaker 10: No, I've been with him for twenty four years and no, wonder you done like him?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 9: I love him?
Speaker 2: Hang there. Effort sounded like a Twitter kluger. More so, that's a good effort.
Speaker 4: You sound like my parents picked me up from school.
Speaker 1: It was getting the wheels off the drill, Harry.
Speaker 4: I think the wheels came.
Speaker 1: Who's your favorite driver? Harry from Blackburn?
Speaker 9: Definitely? Piastre.
Speaker 5: Are you excited that he's just signed a new multi year deal keeping him at McLaren in.
Speaker 9: I had no idea, I'm so part of I was driving to work. I heard it from you guys.
Speaker 5: This is where you get all your breaking news. It was literally just announced forty minutes for Peters. Okay, all right, your papaie hatch Jesus.
Speaker 4: Harry, when you're ready?
Speaker 2: Do your car sound mate?
Speaker 1: I started lot.
Speaker 4: I like the distance.
Speaker 1: Have you been to a Grand Prix before? Harry? No?
Speaker 9: No, this would be my first time ever.
Speaker 1: Well guess what, Harry?
Speaker 2: Well hang on?
Speaker 4: Whoa please hold I We need a group discussion.
Speaker 2: No, well, I think I think Stacey's going stay sorry, but enjoy your day.
Speaker 4: You have a great day.
Speaker 1: It's between Zay and Tim Harry.
Speaker 4: We need it.
Speaker 2: We need a drag race. Here we go.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, let's go again. Zayne first up, go for it. Let's go to Harry.
Speaker 1: Harry.
Speaker 4: Harry, are you going to the Grand Prix?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, take you so much? Oh my gosh, Harry, are you so excited? Who are you going to take?
Speaker 9: I've been taking my girlfriend. She's been looking for tickets ever since they dropped. My legs are shaking.
Speaker 1: Do you think Oscar Piastre can win the Australian Grand Prix?
Speaker 9: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: Who else? Who else will be on the podium with him? Drek and Harry.
Speaker 9: Look, it would be tough to not have Hamilton up there.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't that be good?
Speaker 4: Going to have a lucky name?
Speaker 1: Harry?
Speaker 2: Whoa Harry? You so you're a big redhead?
Speaker 9: Uh? Not as much as my girlfriend.
Speaker 2: I've got to do an interview with Max for Stappen in a few minutes time.
Speaker 4: How much prep of you?
Speaker 2: Very? What question would you ask Max for Stappin? What would be I.
Speaker 9: Don't know if he'd actually be able to answer this, but would be a strategy to get up on the podium.
Speaker 1: Okay, didn't be careful because.
Speaker 5: I think Max said this week though Clint he actually said we can't win.
Speaker 1: The Australian Grand Prix car Okay, we can. He's not happy with the car.
Speaker 2: I don't know if opened with that, would I would about the Oscar Burger?
Speaker 5: Have we seen the best? Have we seen the best of Red Bull? And do you want an Oscar piastre?
Speaker 1: But that grilled?
Speaker 2: And do you like the Peters?
Speaker 1: And does Red Bull really give you wings tomorrow? You got wings from Red Bull? Where would you fly.
Speaker 4: More tickets to the Australian Formula One Grand Prix?
Speaker 1: And I say one thing you don't do? Don't do? When I saw the Today Show, do do? They gave him a jar of Vengi Mark like it's getting a beat of Barrow scene.
Speaker 6: You are on the here at Ober one hundred. It is Jason and Lauren Clincier as well. We're doing thanks to our mates roll called Express.
Speaker 1: Hello. It's going to be one of those weeks, I think short week. We're all a bit like Randy. Aren't we a bit joyous and fun? Are you?
Speaker 2: Randy?
Speaker 1: Randy? Randy can be fun? Connor Well, Randy leads to fun and he's like, we're all a bit like.
Speaker 4: Poor your fiance telling me he's.
Speaker 1: On Sorry, he'll be out of that house cool, Like I just need to.
Speaker 4: Sort of meeting right now. Oh no, Randy, can you can you read out the description of Randy.
Speaker 1: Place Urban Dictionary and what does it say?
Speaker 2: Lauren?
Speaker 1: Well, no, not what I thought. Can you just read that place sexually aroused or excies?
Speaker 2: Have you been feeling this way all morning?
Speaker 1: No, Brandy was a bit like sore you're laying down in your joyous?
Speaker 2: That would be joyous, not Randy. Randy means Randy.
Speaker 1: Okay, are you switch again? Leads to we're all a bit like Lucy Goosey? Is that you know what?
Speaker 2: Seeking yourself a whole Randy, and I'm so do you know where?
Speaker 1: I feel like? This has been a bit fun speaking you know.
Speaker 2: We're broadcasting right now, went on the radio. I do.
Speaker 1: I was going to say, stay with this, it's going to be a fun week. We're all having fun. Randy was a bad word.
Speaker 2: I don't want to be having fun with you.
Speaker 4: I was having fun. That's gone.
Speaker 2: Thank you for being.
Speaker 1: Oh you know what I feel like?
Speaker 2: See you?
Speaker 9: What do you that?
Speaker 2: That Lando Norris meeting went very well? Didn't Sorry, I know that's my tumble at that seat though.
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, it's only Wednesday. It's gonna be a fun week. Indeed, I feel like, should we go get a sweet trip?
Speaker 6: Should we I'll go down to Fergus and plans get little slice of cake, apple turnover there they do?
Speaker 1: There, you go to the birthday cake.
Speaker 4: You're feeling randy getting down to Fergus.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I have a randy day, Meil.
Speaker 6: Oh, yeah, we're all feeling and we'll see tomorrow one of us will be exhausted.
Speaker 4: Have a good day. Bye, Thank you.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be a good Jason Lauren, Jason Lauren, wake up feeling good on number one hundred Jason Lauren only on socials,