Speaker 1: Good morning Melbourne, Jason Lauren, start your morning the right away be great?
Speaker 2: Is Jason Lauren one.
Speaker 1: Well, good morning.
Speaker 2: And half a Furriday?
Speaker 1: Good morning, morning Lauds, Good morning, clenty, Good morning.
Speaker 3: How are we all?
Speaker 2: Uh, it's a lot of gusto in that Good morning.
Speaker 1: It's Friday eve from excited about the footing on the week jumping out of your story.
Speaker 3: Good fun time to in Melbourne?
Speaker 2: Isn't it good to get?
Speaker 4: And the weather was beautiful yesterday, lying in the sun in my backyard and I thought, God, a bit hot.
Speaker 2: Out here, yes, you know what?
Speaker 1: Until it was cloudy and then the cold came back.
Speaker 3: Clouds didn't come in my suburb. Sunny.
Speaker 1: What's our gut say? Dusty did the suns?
Speaker 2: Yep? Same? Nah, really happened. I don't think he's done for good.
Speaker 4: Now up on the gold Coats friends who bumped into him on the weekend.
Speaker 1: Really maybe he was just there going to time zone.
Speaker 3: Maybe Ripley's believe it or not? Could you know, have you ever been there? He sits in the chair to tall man you push, But.
Speaker 2: I think he was there to go on the aqueduct.
Speaker 1: I definitely see Dusty on the aqueduct you know what, and they'd be like dusty mountains on here? Do you want to drive into the water?
Speaker 3: Do they let people do that?
Speaker 1: No, but it's dusty. He'd probably get to beat the horn. You know what the horn is.
Speaker 2: Don't you.
Speaker 3: It'd be a quack it is. Have you been on it?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: No, no, I I'm surprised you haven't been on it. Growing up in Queensland.
Speaker 1: During my young jet skiing days, when they'd have my bleached hair backing in the jets ski at.
Speaker 2: The jet you're done.
Speaker 4: I could see you on a jet ski, thank you, Not on a what's the other one called water ski?
Speaker 2: Oh? What ski?
Speaker 4: Too much coll strength for the water skiings just like a motorbike on the water.
Speaker 1: I'm more of a knee board sort of guy.
Speaker 2: I ever see him at the top of the pyramid on the jet on the water skis.
Speaker 1: I could see the stress on their face.
Speaker 3: Speaking of activities, did you play golf yesterday? How was it?
Speaker 2: I went?
Speaker 1: I went through a phase yesterday? Didn't I said I was going to go for lunch.
Speaker 3: Did you go for lunch? I said six times to go for lunch today? No lunch.
Speaker 1: I didn't go for lunch.
Speaker 3: Did you go to golf?
Speaker 1: I went to golf. You went Brody and I went to golf.
Speaker 3: Oh, well done.
Speaker 1: I booked nine holes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was a great day for the.
Speaker 1: Brighton Public Course, my fourth time playing golf.
Speaker 3: Did you go because you turned up yesterday dressed like a golfer?
Speaker 1: There was a situation, To be honest, I didn't go to the situation. Let's just say Brody had an absolute field day. If you two, I just kept looking at Brady executive producing going with Lauren and Clint were here right now, that would be it for me. I'd never show my face again. Yeah, we're going to.
Speaker 3: Tell us about it. Embarrass yourself, secondhand embarrassment.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: I just noticed at the end of the day he was filming videos. So you've got videos.
Speaker 2: Did you know where I went yesterday? The Collingwood Children's.
Speaker 4: Fast looked so happy with their eyes shut.
Speaker 2: They were very happy. And Olie, my nephew, was very happy.
Speaker 1: If your birthday, did you get to milk the cow?
Speaker 2: Milking of the cows or the goats?
Speaker 3: Certainly two? I think I think that's safe for the bigger kids. Now you can have a Yeah, they'd pull it clean off. You know, kids, let go, let go, like I asked you to let go.
Speaker 1: You probably said the milk coming out, jump on it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no you don't want. I don't think babies should go near this.
Speaker 2: It was very, very fun.
Speaker 3: It's beautiful.
Speaker 2: Did you get to they give you a little bag of feed? No bag of fee? No, no, no, no, very hands off, no little bags, no party, very hands on.
Speaker 1: The guinea pigs, Oh yeah, they're like glorified rats, aren't they do you have to sit in the circle. Yeah, and you don't know what the guinea pig yeld the basket.
Speaker 2: There was a bust full of residents from a nursing home. They kept pushing in in front of the kids. Really, I thought, you've had your chat.
Speaker 3: We've got less time left on this planet.
Speaker 1: You need any day.
Speaker 2: It's a bit rude.
Speaker 1: Cable tied the little wheels on their.
Speaker 4: Walkers, like right away, respect your elders.
Speaker 2: Plenty of time to do this.
Speaker 3: Guinea pigs, it's a kid's turn.
Speaker 1: And stop eating the little bag of feet for the ducks. Thanks to bed shed, we've got five of the bucks up and grabs nice and only this morning. We'll tell you when to call soon. You are listening to Nober one hundred and coming up this morning. Thanks to bed Shed's mid season clearance, which is on now, I can save up to fifty percent off everything bed Shed. There's no one better in the bedroom. When you hear our alarm go.
Speaker 4: Off, now can you play it? It's a wake up alarm. Have a listen melbourneul.
Speaker 3: There it is.
Speaker 1: That's pretty much my alarm in the morning.
Speaker 3: The wake up along, Oh, is that you're a wake up alive.
Speaker 2: That's my So.
Speaker 1: I have a snooze, you deserve it, wake up and then get up you're late.
Speaker 3: Yeah, mine has to be more gentle than that.
Speaker 2: You have three sheds.
Speaker 1: I have a snooze, you deserve it.
Speaker 2: And then how many alarms do you florry?
Speaker 4: I have the one that I hit snooze on. And this is the problem because if I hit off instead of snooze, sometimes I don't get up.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I don't get two separate.
Speaker 2: I've got one.
Speaker 4: But mine has to be gentle otherwise Paul's like, what is going on? It's the middle of the night where mine goes.
Speaker 2: Charmes.
Speaker 4: It's chimes and sometimes I think that I'm having a dream and it's like the soundtrack to my dream and I'm like, oh, floating away with I don't know Gabrielle from Emily in Paris somewhere and the background and I'm.
Speaker 3: Like, oh, no, that's the wake up music. That's just a dream.
Speaker 1: Lean's overlooks at the fiance.
Speaker 3: You Paul, and not Gabrielle.
Speaker 1: Hey, guys, happy Gilmore hit the course.
Speaker 3: Yesterday, the golf course you just told us driving.
Speaker 1: Skip the driving round the hips we are can I just say, there's a lot of people out there that need to get a job on a Wednesday, trying to get a slot at the Brighton Public Course, which is a pretty rough course.
Speaker 3: Right, Maybe they work mornings like you.
Speaker 1: Well, it turns out I now realize what they do. A lot of them are retirees. And the reason I know that is because when Brady executive producer, and I rocked up for our one pm slot, they said, we're putting you with don't yeah what No?
Speaker 2: I hate being paired up with another couple.
Speaker 1: They paired us up with two other blokes always playing. It was Cyrel and Steve Martin who was the other blake. It looked like Steve Martin.
Speaker 3: Andre to Andre and Syrel with their name.
Speaker 2: Is it really?
Speaker 3: That's great?
Speaker 2: I love that, but it's the pressure in the small talk as well. Small talk, well here's the author golfers. Yeah, they're there pretty much every day. So did they question question? Did they have their own clubs? Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, mate, they had their own club?
Speaker 3: What did you do borrow there?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 6: I hired some of the shot and they were very into etiquette and Jase doesn't have any golf etiquette.
Speaker 3: Well you need to get some golf.
Speaker 1: I've only played four times. So I came out of the blocks and I said, look, guys, before we kick off this t off, I'm a beginner. So fine was their reaction? You know what they were? They're a bit quiet at the start, and then they've had a shot. So Rel's had a shot, Brady executive producers had a shot, and then I.
Speaker 2: Was up, Oh you went last? Yeah? Oh no?
Speaker 1: And the pressure And this is why I don't go and do golf because like, you know people and you into the sport, make him feel welcome. And I felt like I had a grand stand of people behind me and I've taken the first show.
Speaker 2: Did you have a golf club? No Ah? See that's where you go.
Speaker 4: Have you ever been to a driving range to learn? Or are you just free styling it?
Speaker 2: I was raw dog on it straight out. This is the first time you played golf ever?
Speaker 3: No, No, fourth, fourth, you've never had a driving range?
Speaker 1: Or yeah I have, but it's only you on the beers.
Speaker 6: Things got off to a bad start when he cracked a beer before we actually got to the first hole, and they didn't like that.
Speaker 3: Is it not allowed?
Speaker 1: No, they didn't. They didn't like that the rules.
Speaker 7: It's not, but it's just not the done thing.
Speaker 2: When you haven't played golf before.
Speaker 1: I think the rock bottom moment was after we'd all teed off it was time to walk down the course.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't have had to have walked too far though to get your ball.
Speaker 3: Didn't you have a buggy?
Speaker 2: I hired a buggy. Yes.
Speaker 1: The problem is these guys were twice our age and they were walking, so I drove the buggy next to them while they're.
Speaker 4: Walking, and that's on them for not having a buggy.
Speaker 2: That's what I should have given them a left.
Speaker 1: They were going quicker than the buggy, to be fair, do you want to see my form?
Speaker 2: Oh? My goodness, Brody.
Speaker 3: What do you mean?
Speaker 1: Sea form Brody filmed one of my shots. That's me in the rough.
Speaker 3: What are you wearing?
Speaker 2: You're not getting out of that bunker ever?
Speaker 3: Is that what you want to work?
Speaker 2: You're in there for.
Speaker 1: Life, just black shorts and a black teeth press.
Speaker 3: You were more dressed up for golf at work.
Speaker 2: That's a good shot. You you got out of the bunker.
Speaker 1: I got out of the bunker and into the other bunker.
Speaker 3: You hit it from one sand pit.
Speaker 7: To the other.
Speaker 1: I hate sand, Lauren, and I came home with so much sand.
Speaker 2: That's a terrible shot.
Speaker 3: Even I know that you took half of the grass out with you.
Speaker 2: Did you have a divot container or what? You carry some sand around with you to replace the divots?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: Are you wearing a polo T shirt or a black T shirt?
Speaker 1: A black T shirt?
Speaker 3: But you came in a word in golf golf shirt?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I went home.
Speaker 2: Is there any more shops?
Speaker 3: Did you wear that to play golf? He dressed down for golf.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's the biggest.
Speaker 2: There another one. All day.
Speaker 1: They took me under their wing and they started teaching me how to play. But I've got to say my game started, I proving I got a what is it, it's not a tweet?
Speaker 2: I got a pa.
Speaker 3: Oh that's good.
Speaker 2: Yes, hell.
Speaker 3: On the mini golf course afterwards.
Speaker 2: No, I actually got to throw the ball.
Speaker 1: No, I got a power on the path three. They were more shocked than anyone.
Speaker 2: Well done by any added ass wedges.
Speaker 7: Other foot wedge was high rotation.
Speaker 1: There what he meant like wedges with sour cream added a sage?
Speaker 2: Would you kick the ball a little bit to go to the after.
Speaker 1: No, I had to go and do a school pickup.
Speaker 3: It took so long, but I'm mad well done.
Speaker 1: These guys were awesome. They helped us out big time. I was almost They were showing me their like my grip and everything, and he almost put his arms around you know, like that's romantic. Yeah, that's that's well done.
Speaker 7: Apologize to Cyril because you almost hit him too.
Speaker 2: Did you say, yeah? I did? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I missed him by that much?
Speaker 3: Is it intentional? Maybe you couldn't have got to try?
Speaker 1: No, he could have been running around the target.
Speaker 3: I think back to the dragon range.
Speaker 2: I've got.
Speaker 1: I think I'm going to take up gold. I'm gonna go buy some clubs today.
Speaker 3: I'm just so confused.
Speaker 2: The game is so lucky to have you coming up later on this morning.
Speaker 1: Your chance to win tickets to our Grand Final breakfast for Finals footy at Melbourne's best rooftop. You can book at brumanity dot com dot are you. That's going to be a cracking morning.
Speaker 3: It is going to be so much fun.
Speaker 1: I'm excited neat seeing the crew are going to have us down there.
Speaker 4: It's his pub because the brute manity goes to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, prefers social enterprise.
Speaker 3: It's brewery as well.
Speaker 2: What's that just he prefers neatsy. That's right.
Speaker 4: Dave and Dave and Ice and netball team together. Sorry and Clint, thank you.
Speaker 2: Dave.
Speaker 3: He was our goal shooter until he got vertigo.
Speaker 2: He did too big unit for goal shooter. Yeah, we were very successful.
Speaker 3: The wags were called.
Speaker 2: We went back to back to back. Question.
Speaker 4: Hello, he's got vertigo and he couldn't shoot anymore because he's got the wobbles.
Speaker 1: Will Dave move around the court a lot?
Speaker 2: He say, stay in the circles.
Speaker 1: It's a big unit to be going up and down the court.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: We had him and Beck Judd in goal attack.
Speaker 1: Becker, bloody, your eyes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, be could be good.
Speaker 1: You'd be patting her down for a ship before the game's done.
Speaker 2: Play center. But then one day, of course she did. Gary kabbab Butt came in and took my spot for a game, oh my ex boyfriend, and he lined up. He went to take the all in center and the opponent just looked at him and said, are you serious.
Speaker 3: They weren't happy because I think Chris judd Field in that day.
Speaker 1: Too well, the boys rattles. There was no bounce.
Speaker 3: We had Gary and Chris playing it. Every was like, are these guys registered? You've got to play eight games in the stasion to me out, I'm We're like, oh, please chill out. It's fun, it's social Monday night needs.
Speaker 2: He's walking into a wall that we had back.
Speaker 1: So look your chance to come along and join us for our grand final breakfast. The Cup's going to be there. You can get a photo for the gram. How much of special.
Speaker 2: Gift ambassadories Josh Kennedy from the Eagles.
Speaker 3: Not the Josh Kennedy that was the Cup ambassador.
Speaker 2: From the Sydney version. This is the West Coast version. A couple of Josh Kennedy's Can you.
Speaker 1: Use my same questions from last year. I Josh, what's it like holding the cup?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Your chance to win tickets? After seven this morning.
Speaker 2: Christian Petrka, our friend of the show, Norm Smith medallist has been very very quiet. He's been laying low since that controversy. Controversy occurred in regards to his future, but he has finally broken his silence, engaging with the Melbourne Footy club fans about his future more immediately, his plans in the next few weeks. He's going to head off to Europe on holidays, on holidays, in fact, I think he's already already there. He talks about how it's burning, the fact that Melbourne missed the finals and how much work they have to put in between now and next year to get back to the top. But something raised eyebrows he spoke on the club website.
Speaker 3: Oh like a video to a club video.
Speaker 2: Yeah, something raised a few eyebrows, and that is the fact that he is going to be missing Melbourne's best and fairest.
Speaker 1: With the video, was he like holding Today's paper and Max Gorne standing above him?
Speaker 2: Was it like one of those Actually he looked pretty happy. He was you know, he had a smile on his face. He was wearing the club polo.
Speaker 3: That's fine, isn't it missing the best?
Speaker 2: And yeah it's not a great look.
Speaker 4: But if he's on holidays eating you know, spahetty and drinking rose, But isn't he at a training camp to try and get better to come back for next year.
Speaker 2: Isn't that the point? Well, that's the point he makes. But I guess the best and fairest is one of these things. It's I don't know if you could say sacred, but it's sort of expected that every player attends, right, It's one of these non negotiables. I don't have an issue with it. Anyway. Let's get Christian to do the talking off the.
Speaker 9: Red Bull camp, which would be awesome in off season and trying to switch off and train there, which will be which will be so valuable for me to get back to. I guess day one a preseason knowing I can compete with the players straight up. Yeah, it was important both of myself but also from a team point of view. I obviously was in quarantine for a little bit and I had to spend some time away to focus on myself, you know, because mentally I was really struggling with the injury. But you know, to be around the boys and the connections that I have with them and the friendships that I have is just amazing.
Speaker 2: And you know, some of.
Speaker 9: Them are my lifelong friends. And I've always loved, loved that about the footy club. Is the relationship that I have with the boys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, look, I get the sacred nature of a Weston Ferris, but also he hasn't been able to do anything in training. If he's just in a position now where he can train when everyone else is partying and doing whatever, and he can, I.
Speaker 2: Guess the point.
Speaker 1: I guess the point, So we won't be there because he loves being around the club.
Speaker 2: And I guess the point people are making right now is that the Red Bull camp is open all year.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's not set dates. It's not like school camp. It's this week or so.
Speaker 2: He can go any time.
Speaker 1: Damage control.
Speaker 2: Well, it's also I think he's concerned about and the club are probably concerned about, how awkward it might be, how anxiety inducing it might be.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't want to go with him.
Speaker 1: This isn't helping though, I wouldn't want to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, nah, because by next season because he's got.
Speaker 4: All the fans there on the hardcore video sho yapping and yappen and yapping at him.
Speaker 1: But just let him go off and do training camp. So people get hit up on the night to say he's off on a trail care it's a video just was a bit contrive to me.
Speaker 2: You know, footy legends like Matthew Loyd on Footy Classified last night, was worried about it sends a bad message to the rest of the plane group.
Speaker 8: With what he's been through, where he's been seen as selfish a lot through this. I think it's a real lack of awareness. He gets paid his money to represent Melbourne. It's one of their major functions for the year. Imagine the next player turns up and says he perty, something's popped up for me.
Speaker 2: Are you right if I missed the.
Speaker 7: Best in Ferris?
Speaker 8: And the next blog says, am I right to miss the best in Ferris? That's why you have problems within a club. If there's rules for someone, rules for others.
Speaker 3: Do you think you should be there, Glint, I think you should be there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get it. I get it. He's been through a lot of trauma. But for the sake of one night. I think maybe so you can manage it.
Speaker 1: He doesn't have to walk a red carpet and your avoid media interviews like just wripped the.
Speaker 2: Band aid off. He's going to have to do it at some stage, isn't he.
Speaker 1: And the longer he puts it off, people are still going to have those questions. At the start of next season, Moses answer and get him out of the way.
Speaker 4: Where is this red bullcat? Austria's going to say somewhere. I'd rather be there, Austria.
Speaker 2: It's Austria.
Speaker 1: I don't think they're eating chips with fetdat the no go to chips and feta. Oh but you're not getting that on the menu.
Speaker 2: Grape Morning, Melbourne.
Speaker 1: I love this just as our way of saying thanks for listening to the show, nice and early. Our mates a bed Chad want to hook you up with five hundred bucks. And then at the end of the week, Lozzi, we are going to upgrade you, aren't we.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 4: Tomorrow someone will be upgrading their prize and being awarded a temper Pro at Oppt Medium Queen bed Worth thirteen and a half thousand dollars thanks to bed Shed but five hundred bucks to.
Speaker 3: Go this morning Vanessa, good morning, good morning, God, you're our bedsd alarm?
Speaker 10: I did, indeed, I'm still in bed and I heard it and I said I must call.
Speaker 3: Oh my, you're calling in bed. How's you seen in bed this morning?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 11: I should be getting up to go to work, but I'm just sort of blazing around on you.
Speaker 4: Do you know my favorite activity is just to lie in bed. If I've got spare time, I'm like, what am I gonna do? I'm gonna go on lie in my bed?
Speaker 3: Do you bet me too?
Speaker 1: Do you eat in bed?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 12: No, no crumbs on the.
Speaker 4: She no crumbs on a Sunday morning. Or we'll go and get me a coffee and bring it back. And sometimes you'll bring a cross.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a lot of.
Speaker 3: Crumb, and I you kind of just careful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, but that'll crumble.
Speaker 3: It's living.
Speaker 1: I'll do ice cream in bed, really.
Speaker 3: And then what he leaves the bowl next to the bed.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, that's rock bottom. They get up and get back the kitchen to get more.
Speaker 4: Doing it at night time, then you've got to get up again. Once I'm in it's a real struggle getting me out.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure what my algorithm is, but I got fed some content on the gram the other day. They were bedside tables that had a mini fridge in them.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 4: That that is perfectly targeted advertising and marketing.
Speaker 2: And you think leaving a bowl on the bedside table is rock bottom?
Speaker 3: Can you imagine.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Vanessa?
Speaker 12: So much.
Speaker 1: Mid season clearances on a right now up to fifty percent off everything, bed shed, No one's better in the bedroom. You are on the air with Jason Lauren Clints here as well. Hey, coming up later on after seven guys, we are probing the Popo. The cops are going to be in the house. This is number one hundred. Good morning, I'm getting to explore my new area.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, are there some good pub Yeah?
Speaker 1: This is the Bentley Bentley So I've got the McKinnon hotel down the road, which apparently used to be one of those real rough pubs.
Speaker 3: Has it got like a I love a pub with a public front part.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's got a nice little public front part, which is cool.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: Is the boundary up the streets? I told you about the core Field One didn't know the Glasshouse.
Speaker 3: I haven't been to that one.
Speaker 2: It's it's a bit.
Speaker 1: West field of the pubs. The colored carpet.
Speaker 2: You've been to the ross Town? No? Where is that on the pen Highway? Very?
Speaker 3: The ross Town's great, very Remember I took you is that kinegie?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I took loads to the sand belt on the highway.
Speaker 2: Remember that.
Speaker 3: That's like a big modern thing. I like the old school pub.
Speaker 2: You loved the big.
Speaker 3: In Fitzroy, You know the old school in front of the bier garden at the back.
Speaker 1: Remember they took two bottles to fill the glossy without giving it away.
Speaker 2: Where I live, I live across the road from a pub.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah you do. That's a good that's got the public at the front. And what's that? You've got another big pub on the corner, don't you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, just down the road. Do you think you've got a problem? You live across the road from one, up the road from one. Why don't you just move in?
Speaker 2: I should do? I should do?
Speaker 1: You like the old bird?
Speaker 3: Give me the red head?
Speaker 2: What the redhead? Sandra Google? Red head? Christine? No, oh god, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Susan No Kennedy.
Speaker 2: Redhead got it?
Speaker 1: Blue heelers, blue early hair Publican I always thought Buddy john Wood was stupiner Maggie Doyle.
Speaker 2: No, that's her name was Chris Riley. Chris but no, no, hang on no, I think that was their real name.
Speaker 3: I love that you carried on like you remember any lace?
Speaker 1: No, not anyway, it's Chris Riley, got it?
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 4: Well, Chris Riley doesn't work at this pub in abbittsfad because the North side has some great pubs, old school pubs, and one of them has recently closed down.
Speaker 3: Have you ever been to the Carrying Bush Hotel?
Speaker 2: I've been to the Carrying Bush have you been?
Speaker 4: Ja, No, you don't go to Abbotsford. That's too north side it is. I live in It's roy So I used to.
Speaker 2: Freak youl pubs. I wasn't.
Speaker 4: You're still cool, that's what back to this side of town because I wasn't cute enough. But the Carrying Bush Hotel was a great pub in Abbotsford, had the big public bar front. But it has recently closed down, which is so sad when you see those iconic Melbourne pubs closing down and they are a lot of money, they've got got a lot of debt. But it's come out that when the venue closed, it had just sixty three cents in its bank account.
Speaker 3: Sixty three cents, sixty three cents. Why weren't we out supporting the carrying bush?
Speaker 1: Remember that moment, you know, early twenties, really no money in the account. You'd keep checking the current balance on payday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you can't come in like we'd be on.
Speaker 1: A night out and it'd get to nine o'clock and you're or out of money that we call them the night and then you check the ATM just to see if the pay's gone in. And when the pay went in.
Speaker 3: You blowed all.
Speaker 4: The problem was, you'd blow it in the first week if you got paid monthly.
Speaker 3: But even here at nover pre paid, pre pay day.
Speaker 4: When everyone's bank accounts down to about sixty's great.
Speaker 3: They put on a lunch for everyone. That shouts lunch. That's why there's a big barbecue. The other day, I was like, what's speaking celebration of it? Everyone said, everyone being poor?
Speaker 2: What do we call it? Here is a pre payday, pre payday lunch.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's awesome.
Speaker 4: I love a tight ars meal, though, when you're running low on cash and you're like, oh yeah, for me, it's always been brown rice and tuna, just mixing a bowl.
Speaker 3: Of olive oil.
Speaker 1: And if you really rock bottom, Macas do bottomless coffee. So if you keep the cup, they'll fill it up again.
Speaker 3: Let's looking to feel well?
Speaker 2: Just's if you seven bucks on a teh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 2: That's not at the cafe. I was living in London, and quite often in London because it's so expensive. You were down to your last couple of quid and we used to do two for one subways on a Tuesday.
Speaker 1: But would you hang on? Would you have to both agree on the same feelings? You know how some places will do too for one, but you you've got to get the same I think we did meatball.
Speaker 3: The second one needs to be cheaper than the one.
Speaker 1: Yes, can I get salami?
Speaker 2: Whoa, whoa?
Speaker 1: You can't add anything?
Speaker 2: Mate?
Speaker 1: What are you doing? We're doing the two for one? Yeah, terms and conditions.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, I love a tight ass meal.
Speaker 4: My other one is just playing past up with like tomato, not tomato sauce, but like one.
Speaker 2: Of those ye do sources right?
Speaker 1: Thirteen after our chicken tonight saved me my twenties, let me tell you thirteen twenty four ten let's talk rock bottom, right, you know, like when when you really there was no coin in the bank. Yeah, early twenties, you're moving out of home.
Speaker 3: You go to mum and Dad's steal a toilet paper?
Speaker 2: Yes, how rock bottom did it? Get off?
Speaker 1: You're getting a little salt and peppers at macas give us a call thirteen twenty four ten. In return, we got free stuff to go hook up at two hundred dollar coganboucher. Cogan dot com helps you get what you want for less Cogan dot com. Now that is clicking awesome thirteen twenty four ten. When you were broke, how rock bottom did you go? We are talking what'd you do when you were broke?
Speaker 3: Yeah? How had your saved cash?
Speaker 4: Was it going to the parentals and stealing their toilet paper? I a girlfriend of mine moved to la and she had no cash, and I was staying there with her. I was over there for six weeks and she rented this apartment. Was like, I've got this great apartment, come and stay. So I stayed with her, but she was like, now I can't afford anything. So we used to have to go down to the restaurant in the building downstairs had takeaway and steal all their cutlery, all the disposable cutlery. How crap of the wood and we'd washed it, We'd wash the disposable cutlery.
Speaker 1: At least it was hardcore plastic, good quality.
Speaker 3: Plastic, good quality plastic.
Speaker 1: The bamboo stuff's got okay, Nick?
Speaker 3: From morning to good morning.
Speaker 1: We're good, We're good. What do you go for us? I knew that I had some of the lowest points in my life when I.
Speaker 10: Was sitting on the couch and I could tell you how much was it my seneclopus.
Speaker 3: When you counted the coin?
Speaker 2: Oh God?
Speaker 1: But for you to actually know that's roight bottom.
Speaker 11: Wow.
Speaker 2: And what about when you stumble across a two dollar coin, the ones that put to the side.
Speaker 3: Yeah, nugget at Sovereign Hill.
Speaker 2: How much is in there? Nick? Around three dollars in the silver coin?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You counting your silver?
Speaker 2: What's upon a time at mac is you could get a two dollar meal deal? Yeah? A small price, mate.
Speaker 1: I took my kids through the drive through the other day and almost drove into the speaker when I saw the price of the soft serf.
Speaker 2: How much is it that, Brady?
Speaker 1: Probably nine bucks?
Speaker 3: Now the old thirty. The outrage when it went to a forty cent.
Speaker 2: It's ridiculous. Now they do chocolate sauce serve now what Yeah, I saw that. It's not just vanilla, it's chocol What do you mean it's very very reminiscent of Sizzler. Yes, remember he could get the chocolate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Brady, Executive producer. I mean you're on a fortune now, But back in your day.
Speaker 6: I remember filling up my car with the jerry can that my dad kept in the shed to fill up his slawn mower filled my car up.
Speaker 3: That's what about when you go to the petrol station.
Speaker 4: I've only got seven dollars and you had to put it in and just hold it and always like if you went over, you'd be like, what I do we you used the precepts.
Speaker 2: That's silly, used the precepts.
Speaker 4: You can only do that for up like twenty bucks.
Speaker 7: And you get the extra two cents because you'd round up.
Speaker 2: And you'd be like, I showed you shell got him.
Speaker 3: Got him. Andre Leviton, Good morning morning.
Speaker 11: Here we're going.
Speaker 3: What was your rock bottom?
Speaker 11: Well rock bottom back in the early nineties. I just thought my house, oh two kids, one made all the carpet my house. I used to a company called Answered Australia.
Speaker 2: Back there.
Speaker 11: All the carpet of my house was the old carpet out of the earlplane.
Speaker 3: No, No, that stuff was like steel wool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did it have the logo in the carpet?
Speaker 2: Binding chance it did actually.
Speaker 4: Got all through the house and it would have been such peculiar shapes as well.
Speaker 3: Let's shove it all in.
Speaker 2: Go to Rebecca, Rebecca, how broke you get?
Speaker 13: When I was a student, I used to glue tram tickets together to reuse.
Speaker 2: The hi that you used to cover your fingers that when they used to rip them clip them. Ye yep, oh my well, we.
Speaker 1: Never tried that condom trick with the.
Speaker 3: The wristband with the risks to sneak people in.
Speaker 4: If you've got like a like a festival band or something, put a condom over your hand and under the thing, then you can apparently slide it off.
Speaker 2: Apparently apparently.
Speaker 1: Apparently, Abby Glain Roy, get my abs.
Speaker 2: We're good.
Speaker 1: You're twenty one, you're you're currently living this?
Speaker 2: How rong on them? Did we get?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I'm twenty three now.
Speaker 12: But when I first moved out of home, technically a little.
Speaker 15: But I used to put everything through bullies as onions.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you're the reason they've got the cameras.
Speaker 3: Now, yeah, you put the avocados through and weigh them as onions.
Speaker 1: The other day the stealing, I left the keys in the basket and the A I registered as like, oh, you're not scanning something in your basket.
Speaker 3: Ca Oh that's annoying.
Speaker 2: I used to work at Boy's and can I tell you someone was giving me the ships. I still put my hand on the scales.
Speaker 3: Yeah, boy, make it heavier.
Speaker 1: This doesn't look like nine pm.
Speaker 2: I was like, you're giving me the ships?
Speaker 1: Have you seen the power trippers downstairs here on Clarendon Street. We've got a coals underneath us and they have like a garage remote to open the door.
Speaker 3: You know how many times I've walked into that and.
Speaker 1: You have to turn around Debbie to click.
Speaker 7: But it.
Speaker 3: Was she's not paying attention. I've banged into it many times. I think it's going to open.
Speaker 1: They must have that much shoplifting down there, she's going to I thought Debbie must have balls of locks. I saw a buzz around the neck.
Speaker 4: Also, the gate is so low it's like knee high. You can just step over it.
Speaker 2: It's like a hurdle.
Speaker 3: See I'm over Paris, knee boning out of here.
Speaker 2: She got seven.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 4: We're all on social media, and social media is all when it doesn't feel like a safe space. So sometimes things go up on socials and you think is that appropriate to be on there? Like I've seen some bad things on Instagram, people basically naked, like you know, there's kids on there. You don't need to see that. You see all kinds of naked like viol well, I don't know, it just pops up.
Speaker 1: I'm not getting much naked content.
Speaker 3: And you suggested naked. Yeah, you are like people doing dumbs.
Speaker 4: People doing dumb things like jumping off things, breaking things.
Speaker 3: People.
Speaker 4: You know, you see all of vision from overseas in terrible situations, and I often think and people write mean things, so you think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, people falling quite like like those videos. You know, yeah, there's a video the other day there was a there was a lady who fell down the stairs and another old lady watched the fall and she got up to try and help her, and she fell down stairs.
Speaker 2: And around the time of the Olympics, there are a lot of people falling off balanced beams.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, remember those videos that were like this is my auditions getting together?
Speaker 2: The video from the UK the lady trying to get into the house got stuck in the window.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: But they're top down and she's upside down. That is one of the funniest things I have ever ever seen in my life. But there's been people who have like impersonated me on there and are scamming people. Remember that, And I would complain all the time, and I'd put in things saying no, this, this person needs to be deleted.
Speaker 3: They're impersonating me, They're scamming people.
Speaker 4: And I get a note from Instagram saying no, unfortunately, this doesn't reach our guidelines.
Speaker 2: It wasn't that Lauren Phillips, So is the porn star? Is it?
Speaker 3: There's also Lauren Phillips, the porn star.
Speaker 1: So when we first started working together, I looked you up on social and I'm like, I don't think my wife's going to be happy met me working.
Speaker 4: It was much worse when I was hosting kids w bat let me tell you and that accidentally take the wrong Lauren Phillips and the mums and dads, especially the mums would not be happy.
Speaker 2: Fan mail, but the dad's watched the following week.
Speaker 4: Anyway, it's hard to get things taken off the internet or complain that people are trolling whatever.
Speaker 1: What have you.
Speaker 4: I've been reported and it's been stripped down.
Speaker 2: You've been reported by you.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I assage from Instagram saying we have removed your comment. Lauren Phillips.
Speaker 4: It looks like you shared something sentence, something that could encourage violence and lead to risk a physical harm or a direct threat to public.
Speaker 1: Screamed you. I was like, what did you comment on comment?
Speaker 4: You made yes, And I'm like, I did not that active on commenting on things. I'm clicking through. I commented on my friend ross.
Speaker 2: Edgeley Rossy, the world's strongest man.
Speaker 3: Known as the world's strongest man, swum around Great Britain like he's a freak.
Speaker 2: He's he don't want to be messing whole office.
Speaker 3: He used to live with us in Byron.
Speaker 4: He came out to train in creases for Limitless I think, and then he moved. He said can I stay for a week? Stayed for six months during.
Speaker 2: He's big and he's strong.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's like looking in a mirror.
Speaker 4: And he's back out here because we've got a friend's wedding coming out, so he's back in Byron and.
Speaker 3: I left him a mess. He said, get to Melbourne or I'm coming to kidnap you.
Speaker 1: That's a red flag, is it?
Speaker 2: Yes, I've been kicked off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, comment deleted. I've got an official warning.
Speaker 1: Well, you just threatened to kidnap someone.
Speaker 3: Have you seen the size of him and the size.
Speaker 1: Of me doesn't matter. You can't be going around saying you get to kidnapp people, mate, But people.
Speaker 3: Can pretend they're me and scam people out of hundreds of thousands of dollars and that's allowed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, kidnap you, I mean little Lauren Phillips is going to kidnap Ross Edgeley.
Speaker 1: I always freak out when I'm sending like mates text messages and I have the word airport or plane and yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah put an ignor going to be flagged by the id ah yeah through the airport shaking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that sniffer dogs is going to be all up me. Yeah, im't bec standing that funny little scam is flagging. Got one warning warning you need to lay off the booby shots and everything.
Speaker 2: Just go just just play a call for a while.
Speaker 1: Don't upload anymore news no no, no, lay off the nudes and the kidnapping and stuff. Play a call for FLA.
Speaker 2: I gotta be careful, sis, just do like little. I can't social media.
Speaker 3: I might pretend I'm going to kidnap everyone, so I get kicked off.
Speaker 2: The amount of videos Lauren and I fall to each other, people falling.
Speaker 14: No.
Speaker 4: One day we're going to We're going to forward a video about someone too, something.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, all right, it's just gone twenty past seven. Still to come this morning. Five thousand bucks Upper grabs Olivia Rodrigo tickets. When you hear Olivia Rodrigo on the air, call and win, it is that easy. Here on Nover one hundred, and this is Nober one hundred. We're going to be joined by the purper. The cops coming in soon. Remember last week we had the police chief, Shane Patton. Yeah, and he'd never heard the term popo.
Speaker 2: No. We educated him. We showed him.
Speaker 1: You're the top paper. Yeah, He's like, come what.
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: And we suggested they rebrand all the cop cars popo.
Speaker 3: The popos shut us down down, shirt is down.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Kesha Hey thirteen, twenty four ten. Do you have an attractive family member?
Speaker 4: I mean, at the risk of offending every person in my family, they're all gorgeous.
Speaker 3: But I don't have a family member.
Speaker 2: I'm suppose a good looking lead ill my brother. Are we pimping out our family?
Speaker 3: People think he looks like Ryan Gosling. I could can't see the resemblance. People say all the time, your brother looks like Ryan Gosling.
Speaker 2: Ryan Gospeling doesn't. Who are the.
Speaker 3: Peoples team o Ryan Gosling?
Speaker 2: Is it or.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow Ryan Gosling?
Speaker 1: Experts This is a bit of a clickbait headline, but experts have called for an overhaul in Victoria's fertility sector after a report found Australians born via IVF are at risk I mean, sorry, increasing risk of unknowingly having kids with their siblings.
Speaker 3: No, that's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: The chance is a pretty blab No.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, okay.
Speaker 4: I think IVF is one thing, and potentially if there's not a proper register of sperm donors, because but I think Australia is very regulated. Did you want on Netflix the man with ten thousand kids whatever it's called, and he's gone around the world and he broke.
Speaker 3: All the laws, all the rules.
Speaker 4: And he was donating. He was a sperm donor and he wants to have like a million kids. Yes, And he told all these women that he was only doing eight donations and he's done like ten.
Speaker 2: He should be locked he should be locked up.
Speaker 4: And now the concern is that it wasn't I think they were like posting them.
Speaker 3: He was doing random like turn up people's houses.
Speaker 1: That's messing with people's lives.
Speaker 3: And now there's not a proper register of all these kids that might be related. But that's that's not here, that's not in Australia.
Speaker 1: No, no, we're not just going down bloody opening the chest freezer and grabbing any old bloody you.
Speaker 3: Know, file this guy.
Speaker 4: You only suppose. It's sort of a bit of an honest policy too.
Speaker 1: Sperm cube like an ice cube a donation. No, I think I think you're right. God, I remember when I your vile. Yeah, I cube. Well we Archie was an IVF baby. But I had to get to talking about your.
Speaker 3: Reality.
Speaker 1: Medical This is how some people having kids.
Speaker 3: The reality of the world.
Speaker 4: Okay, you're such a baby. You can't do like, you can't do this kind of check. Can you look at him? I mean, I don't really, I don't really want to imagine him in the room getting it in the vial.
Speaker 2: Remember, I couldn't remember, I couldn't close. The first time I do rebook.
Speaker 3: A photo of the room and the rooms nothing that just a vinyl vinyl couch so they can hose it down.
Speaker 1: Well no, no, no, you know, like you know, like a dog pea pad, like a p mat.
Speaker 2: No, there's disposable.
Speaker 3: Let's put them on the couch.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The lady walks me into the room, puts that on the couch. He goes right there you go, and just I would suggest making sure the locker is on, and I'm like, no, worries.
Speaker 3: The lock is I'm like, what's the risk of someone walking in?
Speaker 2: Don't know?
Speaker 1: And then I was in there for twenty minutes. I was like twenty I was having an anxiety attack and nothing's happen. He to walk out and rebook. I was like, can I come back next week?
Speaker 4: If is amazing, It is unbelievable what it has done for people and their families and their lives.
Speaker 3: But it's not very sexy.
Speaker 1: No. The next time Lou found a place I could do the donation at home, but you had to get it there quick, like really.
Speaker 4: Had a matter that movie I watched that had to rush it in that to keep it yesh yeah, yeah, and rush it into the clinic.
Speaker 3: Hamish Blake was telling you more than fifteen minutes.
Speaker 2: I remember how Mush.
Speaker 1: Talking about it once because he had to do it and he kept the container between his legs and almost got the car accident. He said, thank god I wasn't in a car accident. People would have found me in the car covering in.
Speaker 2: Is it like the cars that carry the blood that say urgent blood? Yes? Yeah, I was flying a lot so urgent spin and my wife had gone out.
Speaker 1: She goes, I've left you a little bag to put it in on the kitchen bench. And I came out and remember it was a kid's party bag. That's all we had in the house. So I was running into the donation son of a.
Speaker 2: Hard party bag.
Speaker 3: They would have seen it all in there.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: Anyway, You've got your beautiful son, aren't you?
Speaker 2: Exactly? Have we digressed thirteen twenty four to ten?
Speaker 1: Do you have what an attractive family?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: Where are we going with this?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I'm just thinking like, you know, the man.
Speaker 3: With a thousand children? It Kira falling in love with your sibling.
Speaker 1: Just about your hot family member.
Speaker 13: Hi, guys, good morning morning. Apparently I have a hot uncle. My best friends tell me that my uncle's hot every single time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, when you're anoying, you don't see it.
Speaker 13: No, not to me, he's gross to me, but brother.
Speaker 3: But like someone for instance, is like Brad has blood Peters their brother exactly, and you reckon, she's going my brother is.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: But I think like if it was a cousin, like you never looked at a you know.
Speaker 3: Like if Margot Robbie was your cousin, would you be like, I've the hothest cousin. Absolutely, you just couldn't ever know. You just don't see them the same. You don't.
Speaker 4: There's no way you know too much about your family to see them as being attractive.
Speaker 2: It's got to be you're thinking of your cousins are gone through the lineup now you're hitting you on good. No, they're all pretty average.
Speaker 3: My cousin's are gorgeous.
Speaker 4: You have to have a female cousin, mayor who is just she's a hottie, right, she's stunning. But I don't think my brother's getting on saying.
Speaker 3: That you've met me and me's gorgeous. He's a good looking one in the family.
Speaker 1: It's just going five to eight. The police have just arrived. I can see him looking through the glasgow. Why they're talking about their hot cousins. We are going to be doing probe the popos. There is something that has just been all across the news all year here in Victoria.
Speaker 14: Contract killings, a plot to desecrate a grave. More than sixty tobacco shops firebombed in just over a year.
Speaker 1: In Melbourne.
Speaker 14: The so called tobacco Wars are reaching boiling point. Rival underworld gangs locked in a violent battle to the control of the billion dollar elicit tobacco trade money as the prime motivation. It could be valued up to two hundred million dollars a week that these crime gangs are.
Speaker 7: Making Jason Lawrence Robes tell me what's you know?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Every couple of weeks so we get a different area of the Victorian Police in this week it is Detective Acting Sergeant Carlie Murdock who is leading up the task force. Good morning for the tobacco shop Wars, mowning everyone good morning.
Speaker 4: Just to simplify things, because we see it on the news, the tobacco wars, people fire bombing tobacco shops. What exactly are these people for ing about? Because buying cigarettes isn't illegal.
Speaker 5: No, it's not, So it's it's the illicit tobacco side of things. So they're fighting over wanting control over that elicit tobacco tobacco market.
Speaker 4: So why is there an illicit tobacco market if it's if it's legal anyway, I guess.
Speaker 5: The illicit market market in regards to tobacco, it's very very high profit. So it's all to do with money.
Speaker 3: Is it stronger? Is it?
Speaker 5: I don't believe? So?
Speaker 3: Right, it's seaper, very right.
Speaker 4: That's why people don't want to go and pay, because buying a pack of cigarettes is like sixty dollars.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, okay, right, so the prices of varying from shop like loose.
Speaker 3: Leaf that loose Leaf tea, but for tobacco, gotcha?
Speaker 2: So correct?
Speaker 1: When I go past, I don't know, mister smokes, just a made up name, right, a tobacco tobacco shop just on my little corner group of shops?
Speaker 2: Are they like? Is it?
Speaker 1: Is it run by organized crime, or Joe who runs the store could be legit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so potentially could be legit store that's selling legitimate cigarettes, just like your coals and your wallworths.
Speaker 2: And random gifts and you notice this random gift.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and that's the hard part. So a lot of these the buildings are actually owned by building owners and then you'll get the business lease in who will set up this business And sometimes, as you just said, it's the brain as a tobacconist. Other times it's as simple as gifts and accessory shop. Yeah, So the building owners themselves might not actually know that the LEC is selling tobacco out of their store that they own.
Speaker 3: So thrilled gets fire bombed.
Speaker 5: Correct, which is there's a lot of work being done currently in terms of notifying the building owners.
Speaker 2: So does this, Kylie, does this speak to Melbourne's underworld because it is happening so much more in Victoria than it is in any other state around Australia. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Correct, So it's the definitely an organized crime element to it. We're finding that it's a mixture of Middle Eastern organized crime. There is a biky element to it. Different few other syndicates around Melbourne. It's just because it is so I guess low risk and high profit that organized crime have taken a liking to it due to that reason.
Speaker 2: It's the evolution of Melbourne's underworld effectively.
Speaker 1: Yeah correct, it's gonna be the next underbelly attack on the darts.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, you can screen.
Speaker 3: And it involved vapes because vapes confuse me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, vapes confuse me and I'm running no. So we're being told that, like, we're not the vape police, and we're not like the illicit tobacco, you know, even though we are dealing with tobacco day in, day out, we're not targeting those people that are walking in buying the discounted illicit cigarettes. So that's more of an issue when it comes to like the ATO and a health department. It's the art, sins and the crime that's coming out of it that we're getting involved and that's what we're looking into. And of course then the damage to the businesses and stuff like that that comes with the arsons.
Speaker 2: So we're seeing countless times a week cars being torched, driven into the front of shop fronts. There have been some instance of shootings and the like. Is there a concern among police that you know, potentially somebody who is innocent, innocently going about their daily life could become you know, into that hyme and collateral damage one hundred percent.
Speaker 5: And it hasn't happened yet, luckily, And it's to be honest, we kind of say to ourselves, we don't know how it hasn't happened yet that someone's been seriously injured. But there has been cases where there's been people either living above the stores, in the stores or neighboring properties beside the stores that have been treated at the scenes for smoking, elation and things like that.
Speaker 1: Have you guys rated any stores and found the owner is to be concealing firearms and like ready to go if their store is attacked.
Speaker 5: No, So, what we find is that the people that are working in these stores, sometimes there will be a link to the organized crime element that they've got an associate working in the store. But a lot of times we honestly find that it's your retiree who's just making a couple of hundred dollars a week just on cashing hand working.
Speaker 4: There, which is terrible sad, and they don't know what they're getting into.
Speaker 5: No, and to be honest, A few of them have spoken to They don't even realize that they're doing the wrong thing and what they're doing is actually illegal because they don't know.
Speaker 2: Do you know who these cooks are?
Speaker 5: We've got a fair idea. Of course I can't name them, of course we've got a fair idea. There's a Middle Eastern organized crime family that they're the ones that wants controlled. So they want control of the illicit tobacco market, not only in Victoria but Australia.
Speaker 3: And then you've got is it.
Speaker 2: Only a matter of time for them.
Speaker 5: While they're doing a good job potentially, but there's always going to be rival syndicates and rival gangs when there's so much money to be made that are going to be trying to get their foot in the door. And that's where the conflict is.
Speaker 3: And what's the industry worth? Like how much money is being made?
Speaker 5: Millions weekly the wrong game billions weekly, Yeah, Australia wide. That's what we're being told is a rough figure through the sale of the illicit tobacco.
Speaker 3: Is there an end to it? Insight?
Speaker 2: I hope?
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 5: I think there are some things being done at the moment at government level in terms of because Victoria is the only state that is unregulated when it comes to tobacco.
Speaker 1: It feels like it's Melbourne in the Victoria in the years, all the time about it. Hey, we've got to take a quick break. Stay with us. Where on the air with Detective Acting Sergeant Carli Murdock. She is leading up the task force that is trying to shut down the tobacco wars. There's actually a question I've got for you, Carli, which so the first thing it comes to mind when I go, hey, you've been given this job. I'll hit you up about it. On the other side of this here on Nova, Carlie Murdoch is sorry. Detective Acting Sergeant Carlie.
Speaker 3: Murdoch, cool title, thank you, thank you that it looks.
Speaker 1: Nice in a business card. Is letting up Task Force Lunar, which is focusing on the tobacco shop wars here in Melbourne.
Speaker 4: It's been scary in Melbourne. People are frightened on it exactly.
Speaker 2: Now, Look, let's be honest.
Speaker 1: At the root of this problem, it's people going to tobacco stores to buy cheaper tobacco than what they should be paying. When they're buying it, Like at the supermarket.
Speaker 3: I get because totally get cost.
Speaker 1: Of living crisis and stuff. Are the cops targeting the people who are buying it? Or is that not the issue?
Speaker 5: No, that's not what we're looking into. We're not going to sit outside a store and grab you if you leave with a cheap packet of cigarettes. That's not what we do day to day. It's for us. It's more about the organized crime behind it. Who what syndicates set up that store, who's that store aligned to?
Speaker 1: And here's a question. Say, if I'm I'm in the market for buying a cheap pack of siggi's because across the livery and everything. Now I know I'm doing the wrong thing. How do I know which stores are doing this? Are they advertising online?
Speaker 2: Is there?
Speaker 5: From what I've heard, some stores you walk into them and they've got like a list so on the counter l menus with the pricing.
Speaker 1: So a lot of it's just word of mouth.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I think.
Speaker 2: They're not hiding it. No, they're not hiding How how ful on this? A lot of these gangs are kids? Are they recruiting kids? Is that fair to say?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: So a lot of the what we find a lot of the people that are doing the arsons themselves. Ah, you're younger, younger kids and not only gang kids, Like we've also had just kids that have heard about making a couple of we're talking about.
Speaker 2: The inadvertently setting themselves on fire.
Speaker 5: Yes, so that's and look, no one's been hurt that I know of doing it, so we can laugh about it. But we have seen some singed eyebrows. We've seen people jump into cars and they're still smoldering. Oh my god, They'll flick off a glove and leave it behind, which is great for us.
Speaker 3: But yeah, you see some funny stuff like dumb criminals.
Speaker 2: Yes. Yeah.
Speaker 1: When you get given a role of being like the leader of a task force and you're tackling something which is gang related, is there a fear of you being tied up in that? Like do you worry about them coming after you?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: I guess there's different units in Victoria Police that target a lot of different things.
Speaker 1: Because I commend the job you guys do. But like when you go home at the end of the day, if you've just shut down nine tobacco stores and now you've got this family who's running the syndicates so to speak, are going to hate your guts. Surely that would play in your mind.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I guess it's the rival syndicates that are burning the stores. So I guess they take their anger out on that rival more so than us. We're just doing our job, trying to protect the businesses next door, the people that are in these stores.
Speaker 1: Actually, it's funny you say that. I remember when we were talking to the drug lab cops and they were saying, nine times out of ten, when a group gets raided.
Speaker 2: They're actually relieved to see it's the police raiding the drug.
Speaker 3: Lab, not a rival gang.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's oh the cops are here, Okay, now where his hands straight up? They don't put up a fight, you got us?
Speaker 5: Yeah, And that's exactly. I think they take their anger out on and put their time into figuring out, well, who's targeted my store and who did iron now need to retaliate, I guess and target one of their stores.
Speaker 1: Hey, before we let you go, we had the top cop your boss chain pattern in last week, and I believe.
Speaker 3: The auditor about it.
Speaker 5: I got briefed yesterday, yes that he came in and he he didn't actually know what Popo was.
Speaker 2: The audio listen to this very quickly true or false? Chief Commissioner Popo. You didn't know what Popo meant? Yeah, I've got to get out more, obviously. No.
Speaker 8: My media director the other day was speaking to me about Pope and she said, oh, they're all talking about this is what's popo?
Speaker 2: Just anyway, I've got to get out.
Speaker 1: Maybe look at a rebrand on the cop carts. Take off police, put on Poper God Love.
Speaker 2: You'll give him a bit of grief about that.
Speaker 5: Oh, look, we don't cross paths often.
Speaker 3: Now you've got a reason to reach out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I might be buying a cheap pack of winning blues when you do one of those actions.
Speaker 5: If I see him, there ll be worried.
Speaker 1: I'd give them a lead pass between you and I. Hey, thank you very much for the work you guys are doing.
Speaker 3: The Victoria Police.
Speaker 1: We love the cops. It's in all the headlines and this is a really important job you guys focusing on at the moment. So thanks coming in this morning, one question five thousand dollars. Let's try and offload it this morning, guys.
Speaker 3: Taylor and took a rook a good monk. Hello, are you good? You made it? Three girlfriends do you want to win some cash?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I'm so glad you guys are back on the radio.
Speaker 10: I came and met you when he came down.
Speaker 2: To took a Rook.
Speaker 4: Oh, thank you, thanks for thanks for sticking with us.
Speaker 1: Kayla.
Speaker 2: Yeah, part of the world Tookarok not as nice as Thailand.
Speaker 1: Hey, sister, I want to go.
Speaker 2: Yes, I do want to go to Thailand.
Speaker 1: I feel like Thailand's the big buzz place at the moment.
Speaker 3: It's the island and Fiji.
Speaker 1: It's a new Bali Bari Barlie's gone Coastamui Airport and Thailand. They're going at Kami Airport. No, justs Airport. It's like going on the backstage tour a movie. Well, they drive you out to the planes on these little carts. It looks like you're on the backstacked tour. It's very random.
Speaker 3: Love that all right, Kayler. Let's try and win you some cash.
Speaker 4: Do you want five thousand dollars for your holiday to Thailand's five hundred or fifty bucks for an easy question?
Speaker 15: I will roll the dice.
Speaker 10: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, five thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Here we go.
Speaker 4: We're going to ask you a question. You'll hear a three two one countdown. You have to answer before the end of that countdown. If you're right, five thousand dollars coming your way.
Speaker 1: Clink to me seems like a full moon party sort of, guy Bean, of course.
Speaker 2: Do you get on the buckets? Absolutely? I did. Did you jump the flaming skipping rope? I believe I did.
Speaker 4: Did you go to the beat that beach pp Island where the beach was filled?
Speaker 2: I haven't been to Pp nor play pink?
Speaker 1: Here we go. All right, this is your question. Remember if you don't know the answer, I haven't. Okay, feel free to take a guess for five thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Your question is what are diamonds made out of?
Speaker 7: Three two one?
Speaker 3: What were you going to say? Did you think of anything? I don't know.
Speaker 4: It's dark, you know what they asked me before too, and I had a bit of a mental blank.
Speaker 3: As soon as they told me, I kicked myself. It's carbon. Oh my pressure. Diamonds formed under pressure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, unless, thank you so much for the opportunity.
Speaker 3: That's the love grown ones though.
Speaker 1: How many people you reckon go and get their ring valued afterwards and they're like, what a beautiful Kibixiconia you have there.
Speaker 3: The love grown Diamonds are very impressive.
Speaker 2: These yeah they are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wish they had those out. I've got engaged.
Speaker 3: Are you very impressive listening?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're not going away empty handed. How about all we chuck you tickets to a world of excitement that's awaiting you at the Melbourne Cup Carnival.
Speaker 10: Oh my god, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: No worries happening from the second to the ninth of November. Tickets start from sixty five bucks just out of the RC dot com dot au. But we'll hook you up with some good ones all right.
Speaker 11: You guys are absolutely amazing.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much at all. Love you, Love you.
Speaker 4: I love that it's called her sister before because I call female callers kid sister.
Speaker 3: Kayla, love you saying it too, Love you, Love you, Love you.
Speaker 1: Philly Eilish, Birds of a Feather, Hey, remember keeping her out for Olivia or Roderigo this morning when you hear us play a vampires.
Speaker 2: Girls your age no better.
Speaker 1: Or when we play that and we will do it sometime in the next fifteen minutes when we do hit the phones thirteen twenty fourteen and you can win tickets to Olivia Rodriguez Gats World Tour here on Nova one hundred.
Speaker 2: Guys, there's someone in my life who I absolutely treasure. It's my beautiful nan oh Nan. Yeah, lucky enough to still have her in my life. She's the last one standing when it comes to my grandparents. Her name is Elva Priscilla Stanaway.
Speaker 3: We love Elva, and what a fabulous name.
Speaker 1: What a name for a nan.
Speaker 4: She's just gorgeous, Elva. I've got a soft spot for your ald.
Speaker 2: She's ninety three. Jeez, help what had ninety three? Yeah, I mean she's had issues. So she's just transitioned from being at home and very very independent to age care.
Speaker 1: That is like the mental toilet takes. I watched my mum go downhill very quick with that, because their independence is kind of hard.
Speaker 2: Well, the reason we had to get her into care is because she she fell at the start of the year and she broke her hip and she was in a pretty bad way, and you know, her mental health suffered as a result. She lost a lot of confidence. Yeah, and just it was it was hard to watch, and the decline had been quite dramatic and quite upsetting to see.
Speaker 3: This is Dad's month.
Speaker 2: This is dad. Yeah, yeah, yeah, absolutely, they are absolutely that and she is. She is a beautiful, beautiful person, is gorgeous.
Speaker 1: Are you Are you one of the favorites.
Speaker 2: Well, I'd like to think so, Jason, based on based on the scene yesterday.
Speaker 4: But she loves watching the news and also don't you smuggle her cheeseburgers in sometimes?
Speaker 2: I the ahe care facility so good, But there's what's strapped in your body. There's been a while it's been so confronting going to visit her that I've actually I've regressed in my visits, you know, I've and I really really it pains me to be so. I just liked courage. I couldn't go in and face up to it because if it's not Nana, it's the people around her, you know, it's not it's a reality check. It's a reality check, you know, getting old like that.
Speaker 1: For you, it sucks visiting her. Imagine what it's like for her living there.
Speaker 3: I imagine.
Speaker 2: You know, you're like, oh, here we go. I'm going in there. It's grim. It's confronting, right, Yeah. Anyway, I've been putting it off, putting off, been racked with guilt, but I finally went in to see her. She is as cheeky as all get out. She's just she doesn't listen to us, but she does watch the Today Show. And she reminded everybody that we walked past in the hall my grandson Klint. You might have seen him on the television.
Speaker 3: I can imagine proud as punch walk. Did you take us some merch? I should take her hat an over hat mate?
Speaker 2: Anyway, I love her very much, and just this is a little excerpt of our conversation yesterday. She's having a few issues with dad. Calls her another inmate, but a friend of.
Speaker 16: Hers, but she's always got to have her say. And I said, oh, for God's sake, you took that much rubbish. And I thought, well, I'm getting up. So I had finished my tea, so get up more away. I thought, you can't stand that. I'm not being like that. But I thought, no, I've got to stand on my own two feet. God, I'm going to be ninety three soon, and why shouldn't I put up with them?
Speaker 7: Ninety three?
Speaker 12: Now?
Speaker 16: Eighty three?
Speaker 7: Ninety three isn't that old.
Speaker 16: I'm not died tomorrow, I hope not. Well you might all get a bit of money.
Speaker 7: You've got a bit of living to do it.
Speaker 2: Are you feeling all right?
Speaker 16: Yes?
Speaker 3: Or am? There is a lot to unpack in that.
Speaker 4: Firstly, at ninety three, you're still wiping years off your age.
Speaker 3: I love that eighty three.
Speaker 1: She sounds bloody good for ninety three.
Speaker 3: So you might all get a bit of money.
Speaker 2: Bit of money. Suit, didn't you go through a house when you moved her in? No, we didn't do that. No, no, Jace, we would.
Speaker 3: Never do It's just beautiful.
Speaker 2: I guess what it is is that it's a remind to us all. Really we've all got, you know, loved ones, people we treasure in our lives. And I am so glad that I did that because it put a smile on my face, but more importantly put a smile on her face. He is done, and it was just a really beautiful moment. And I love her dearly.
Speaker 4: I just wanted to have we That makes I need to call my nan today after the show. Actually, you've put a rocket up me. My name's the same age as your nan, Nana. Marg shout out. If you're listening, I'm almost certain you're probably listening to through I w but Hi, if you are listening, you've reminded me. I've got to call her after the show, Clint.
Speaker 1: We've done a welfare check on the person your nan is standing up to.
Speaker 3: What were they fighting about?
Speaker 2: I think she just she just talks a bit too much and then had enough so she wants to stand.
Speaker 1: I know that was a threat. I know, not in the oxygen capable.
Speaker 2: Teaching me something. Man, that's what they're doing.
Speaker 1: They play dirty in there, mate.
Speaker 2: But if you've got someone you love and treasure, please don't and give them the hardgain reminder.
Speaker 1: Clean, absolutely, did you reserve a room in there?
Speaker 2: She resent me a corner, especially a vacancy.
Speaker 3: They don't like people who saw too much in their clean. He wouldn't be welcome.
Speaker 1: Good morning, everybody. You are on the air with Jason Lauren. We've got your tickets.
Speaker 7: Girls your age no better.
Speaker 4: You go to Ella Hey, Ella, Oh my god, Ella, you've made it through.
Speaker 2: You gotta Levia Rodrigo tickets.
Speaker 4: Is it Troy that she's here with her Gutswelled tour on the same date as your eighteenth birthday?
Speaker 10: Yes, she's here on the tenth of October, which is my eighteenth birthday.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, well she's throwing a party for you girlfriend. Congratulations.
Speaker 2: God, do we all remember a eighteenth Yes.
Speaker 4: One of my boyfriend's friends through a cupcake. It's one of his friends. And then it started a cupcake war and out a cupcake tower and they were all over the floor really mad about it.
Speaker 2: Sounds hardcore.
Speaker 3: They thought it was fun and I was filthy.
Speaker 1: Let's go to Ocean Grave, Pip. We're gonna send you to Olivia Rodrigo as well. Congratulations, Thank you, no worry, You're so welcome.
Speaker 3: You in and I have the best night. He been to a concert before, Pip. Oh yeah, I went to Taylor Swiss.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, Well this is a great one. To follow it up with what a mosh pit is and get in there, go Pip.
Speaker 1: We got more tickets to Olivia Rodrigo's Guts World tour tomorrow on the show. So make sure you are listening to Noumber one hundred. It is Jason Lauren clint here as well.
Speaker 3: Hey guys, let's go back to our year twelve exams.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: I still have nightmares about my Year twelve exams trauma. I don't know why I.
Speaker 4: Always felt I was underprepared, probably because I was, But I still have nightmares that I'm sitting in the exam and I've got no idea what the question?
Speaker 2: Is There a subject that troubles you the most?
Speaker 3: Still English English didn't make sense to me.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm a geography.
Speaker 4: When I say English didn't make sense. I liked Maths because there was a clear, definitive answer. English you have to be creative and.
Speaker 2: Like what I think to remember stuff like quotes.
Speaker 3: Well, we're coming into exams, so I was just going to.
Speaker 1: Say, yeah, we are coming new exams. A lot of kids out there who would have a lot of pressure on their shoulders at the moment, either from them, their peers or their parents. Yes, it's not the end of the world.
Speaker 3: Are you doing what you thought you were going to do when you finish your.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent? And I was terrible at school. I got the worst grades in the world, but I worked my ass off after school to get into this industry. There you go, just you know, I just I hate the pressure sometimes that are on these kids at the moment.
Speaker 2: You're going to be a PR whiz.
Speaker 3: Oh it was going to be a PR whiz.
Speaker 2: Roxy J. Senko.
Speaker 3: I could have been roxy J. Sinko. I got kicked out of UNI twice though.
Speaker 1: And now I'm me your partner hasn't done times.
Speaker 4: Anyway, Exams are coming up. Good luck to all the kids who are going into their senior school exams. But be wary because there is a teacher who had a feeling some of his students were cheating on their exams.
Speaker 3: And so you know how you do.
Speaker 4: There was just a lot of kids doing putting a hand up. I need to go to the bathroom, which are absolutely allowed to do. And I remember back in my day, if you had to go to the bathroom in a year twelve exam, a supervisor followed you there and told it out side.
Speaker 2: Still.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So this teacher said, there's been a lot of people popping out during tests to go to the toilet, go to the bathroom. So he decided to try and catch some of them out. And it was not a VC exam, it was like a pretest, and so he wrote a question that wasn't really a real question, and he had a friend of his set up a website that answered the question with this wild answer to see how many of the kids were going to the bathroom to google the question to get the answer.
Speaker 1: They would get the fake answer to the faint question.
Speaker 3: Fourteen kids got Bustard, got them, got him, got him, got him?
Speaker 2: God, Dad, you got him? Got him?
Speaker 4: In Uni, I remember I did. Let me just explain to you how difficult my PR degree was. We had a subject called Newsmakers, and every week we got a test on what had been in the news. You had to answer twins questions and I never today, nah, not back then, So I just copied. And I remember my friend Nick was sitting in front of me, and you had to sit one set apart, but we all staggered it so you could see over other people's shoulders. And one of the questions was which a famous Australian artist died this week?
Speaker 3: And he wrote pro Heart? Remember pro Hard?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the painter.
Speaker 3: His name was pro Heart.
Speaker 2: What have you done? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Miss so yeah, yeah, yeah him.
Speaker 4: His first name was pro and his last name was Hart. And I copied and I wrote, Professor Hart, it's an ad.
Speaker 1: They're looking at me, I remember, like, yeah, they're half your age though all the spaghetti and everything over the are you done?
Speaker 2: Miss?
Speaker 3: Remember that you're too young?
Speaker 1: I think they're looking at like you're going to be canceled voices like that. Something you're concerned is Brodie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just reciting the ad. Yeah, no, no, no, that's how it went. Yeah is that?
Speaker 1: Everyone was like, oh god, well there goes the show, mister Harte.
Speaker 7: Can we do it without the accent?
Speaker 3: It was a carpet claiming ad, wasn't it.
Speaker 1: Mister heart, what have you done? Doesn't have the same it was.
Speaker 2: It was a carpet avatars. I just reciting bro and it was spaghetti, Yes, spaghetty and paint.
Speaker 7: Have a go do the mister heart, what have you done?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: No, that's you're canceled. Yeah, okay, that's it for you. You're done. You can't be getting on the radio doing that.
Speaker 2: Man. Sorry everyone.
Speaker 4: Anyway, my year twelve cheating hack was the graphics calculator. Before the teachers realized you could write notes in your graphics calculator, we used to write notes in.
Speaker 3: All of them.
Speaker 2: I've got a high school confession. It's not cheating. It's just something I'm not proud of.
Speaker 1: You know how they do school, They do class captains. Yeah right, and you'd have to be nominated by your peers I remember my best mate, Sam Burke, and I made a deal.
Speaker 2: He goes, I'll nominate you and then you nominate me.
Speaker 3: You never nominated him. He nominated yourself, didn't you.
Speaker 1: Yeah you know that too.
Speaker 4: I reckon everyone did it, you dog because it was anonymous, so they wouldn't know if you nominated yourself.
Speaker 2: Can we talk high school confessions?
Speaker 1: Yeah, thirteen twenty four ten doesn't have to be about cheating. Now.
Speaker 3: Maybe your best friend's boyfriend.
Speaker 2: Oh that's good.
Speaker 3: Hook up with a teacher, Okay, Nope, I think that's more. That's a bigger issue. Maybe you kissed your sister's boyfriend.
Speaker 1: Oh there's a girl I used to work with at a radio station and had her graduation.
Speaker 2: She was eighteen.
Speaker 1: At her graduation when they walk across the stage and they shake the teacher's hands and get their little diploma thing, he passed her a bit of paper with his phone number and where to meet.
Speaker 3: How old were there?
Speaker 1: There wasn't a massive age gap. Eighteen she was eighteen, Okay, he would have been early twenties.
Speaker 2: Balls.
Speaker 3: Teachers were always the young ones at my school.
Speaker 4: Always right, it's time get it off your chest.
Speaker 3: Did you cheat to get somewhere.
Speaker 2: Did you rip off the actually did?
Speaker 3: Aaron's sneakers said that were yours?
Speaker 2: Answer was correct, though, but.
Speaker 3: I tried to copy and I wrote Professor Hart thinking I was being smart.
Speaker 1: Thirty twenty fourteen. Have you got a confession about something you did or got up to in high school? Well, good morning, Melbourne. Have are the phone lines lit up for this?
Speaker 2: Laws? What are we talking about?
Speaker 3: High school confessions?
Speaker 2: Sorry?
Speaker 3: Don't someone got I just like delicious little treat?
Speaker 2: Did you from where? Hello Kitty? Hello, Hello kitt in the Hello Kitty?
Speaker 3: And they've sent Hello Kitty cookies? Anyway, I'm having a tea question. I don't know.
Speaker 1: They just sent them saying I think they're cookies for your cat.
Speaker 3: It's not cat food.
Speaker 2: Is tay cat food? You just take cat food. It's for the pets, it's for the.
Speaker 3: I just read the letter.
Speaker 2: It's not.
Speaker 4: It's a chocolate chip cookie. And I just made a tea and I was like, I'm gonna dunk that in my tea. Anyway, it's not.
Speaker 3: What we're talking about. We're talking about high school confessions.
Speaker 4: Did you do something that, even now, twenty years later, you might want to get off your chest?
Speaker 3: Did you cheating an exam? Did you cheat on a boyfriend? Did you kiss your sister's boyfriend? I reckon there was a lot of that going.
Speaker 1: I remember dating a girl and then after a while I was like, hey, I'm hearing like a lot of rumors and stuff.
Speaker 2: What's like that you've poked up with other people? And she goes, oh, well, we exclusive.
Speaker 4: I said, kiss my brother's friends, and I'd never tell him. He was two year older than me. It's like the dumb thing at school. But I was off limits for them.
Speaker 3: That's something illegal. Get it off your chest. What have you done?
Speaker 10: Yeah, good morning guys. So yeah, definitely, I've got to say. I've got to say, don't condone this. Definitely, don't do this. When I was in high school, me and my mates used to go up to the Performing Arts Center into the control room where they had the paneling for all the lights and stuff, and I would think kissing our lunch break.
Speaker 3: Do you know what?
Speaker 2: I reckon?
Speaker 4: That was happening at my school too. The lighting guys were always naughty in that lighting booth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was always was. They said, a smoke machine off in there because it's very.
Speaker 4: I was down on the on the theater stage doing Annie the Musical, and I could see the big boys up the back in the lighting.
Speaker 6: Things.
Speaker 1: Again didn't make anyone was my brother's friends up there, go to Renee, Renee.
Speaker 2: What did you do?
Speaker 13: We had a party at a teacher's house while they were away for the weekend.
Speaker 3: Were in boarding school?
Speaker 10: No, no, we weren't in boarding school.
Speaker 13: Someone was asked to our fit for the weekend one of the students, bad idea, absolutely like and this was a long time ago, so it wouldn't happen today, I think. And then yeah, we had. We had a party. Most people were there from our level find out I think when the neighbors called.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But see back then there was no social media. You could get away with so much.
Speaker 2: More correct I did, saying too, what do you here? We go? Well, not just me. We put a teacher's car in the trading post.
Speaker 4: Oh, they used to do that on mack up day at my school and a really cheap price with their phone number, with the.
Speaker 2: Phone number of the reception.
Speaker 3: Did they know you, school captain?
Speaker 2: We did a better.
Speaker 3: Did you blame someone else?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: They never ever found out who the culprit was.
Speaker 1: I love that there was a teacher at our school drove a mini so we all picked it up put it sideways in the car, so they had to wait for one of the cars on that side. That strong funny.
Speaker 4: On mark up date My schools on High Street Road in very busy road and they someone stole these like road signs and D two signs and they detoured the whole of High Street Road through our school driveway, through the roundabout and back out.
Speaker 2: Guys, shall we play just before you do get an update? Very important that pro heart, oh miss worth of your know, we got it wrong what it should be. There should be a little audio there, can you see it?
Speaker 1: There's a lot of audio because we've had people call saying what we're saying, we've got on wrong.
Speaker 3: We're talking about the artists on the carpet call as.
Speaker 1: Oh mist what miss.
Speaker 2: Steak master state of the art in carpets. All of a sudden we say, there you go, that was worth it back into a glad we paused sessions.
Speaker 4: We've got my high school confessions after this thirteen twenty four ten.
Speaker 3: If you want to get something off your chest.
Speaker 1: Anything before you start singing, as we are talking high school confessions this morning.
Speaker 3: Did you do wrong?
Speaker 4: Did you do something and you let someone else take the fall for it? Did you cheat on a boyfriend with his best friend.
Speaker 1: Or did you hook up non stop with your brother's mates.
Speaker 3: Yes, I wouldn't do that.
Speaker 1: Let's go to Moore see fed.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Good morning guys.
Speaker 12: How's it going?
Speaker 2: What did you do?
Speaker 3: Get it off your chest? And how many years later is this that you're confessing?
Speaker 12: I probably happened almost ten years ago. Right right about ten years I figured out that you could take pubicle doors off the toilets extremely easy, right, so show my friends. I was like, well, there's god of trick. Show my little brother. Oh my gosh, this cool trick.
Speaker 11: You should you.
Speaker 12: Should try it? Next day, I know the entire school is doing it, and they're putting toilet doors all over the school. And there was announcements just to you know, try and figure out who did it, why are they're doing it?
Speaker 3: Who started this? Can just be Olivia to the office. Did we do things like.
Speaker 2: That because we're bored? Lauren?
Speaker 3: How did you even work out you could?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: Should we see if the toilet doors come off easily? Today? That's a fun thing to do at lunchtime.
Speaker 1: I like the facilities here at Nover.
Speaker 3: You're gonna go and try and take the cubicle doors.
Speaker 1: Together, Natalie in Caroline's Springs. Hi, Hi, Hi, so in yourself.
Speaker 3: Stop your sighing. Yes we can. He's been Natalie, he's so annoying. You're good, Ignore him.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I'm good.
Speaker 10: Okay.
Speaker 15: In year twelve, they had what classes, except we forgot that one of us had braces. So when you stopped classes, the teacher was like, oh, you got your braces off.
Speaker 3: Oh your twins? Are you identical twins?
Speaker 2: Yeah we are.
Speaker 3: See you could have got up to so much mischief at school.
Speaker 4: M hmm.
Speaker 1: That means that means yes we did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what was that?
Speaker 3: There was a movie?
Speaker 2: I remember your face yesterday had braces?
Speaker 3: Remember the movie about the twins and they swapped families.
Speaker 1: I thought you were talking about Danny DeVito on a Schwartznegger.
Speaker 3: No, they weren't identical twins.
Speaker 1: No, that's just that the movie. Let's get a Rebecca impacking and Rebecca, what did you do?
Speaker 2: Hi?
Speaker 11: Guys, how are you going doing well?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 15: I was at a party with a girl friend when we're like eighteen, and she really wanted to hook up with this guy at the party, and she goes, can you go talk to you?
Speaker 3: Like yeah or whatever.
Speaker 11: So I was like okay.
Speaker 15: So I went over him and I was like, hey, like, my friend really wants the hook up with you, and he goes, okay, only if you.
Speaker 12: Hook up with me first.
Speaker 2: You got to take a bullet do it? I did, did you?
Speaker 5: You know what?
Speaker 3: That's good wing Manny.
Speaker 1: That's what one of those ones. Ego is still Ego still friends today.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: If she ever annoys you one day, you can be like, well, you know what, Sharon, I hooked up with Dean before he patched on me.
Speaker 3: The only reason he passed you was because I did it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's one of those ones you roll out.
Speaker 3: It's always Dean. Dean was my one of my boyfriends, Jan Dean.
Speaker 1: Dean rides a motorbike. Dean's a bad boy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my Dean wasn't a bad boy at school, but he ended up being a bit of bad boy. I think he married someone.
Speaker 3: From maths school. Melanie and Melton good morning.
Speaker 13: So I had a very sexist sports teacher and one day I decided to tell him exactly what I thought of him and I ended up getting suspended, so I went home, I grabbed my.
Speaker 15: Toolbox, I went down to the school and I pulled his motorbike into.
Speaker 11: Beuty Pieces in the car park.
Speaker 1: Melanie, you sound like someone that would have a toolbox, good onion.
Speaker 3: Yes it was you, Melanie.
Speaker 2: I think he knew it was maybe, but he couldn't prove it because you know what boarding.
Speaker 12: So back then there wasn't cameras everywhere.
Speaker 2: You shound like someone I would not mess with. Melony melt from Melton.
Speaker 3: Yeah, mel from Melbourne's back at school. They're toolbox guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you put on your mail. You got him, beauty did It felt so good though As a kid you couldn't do a lot to get back at teachers that were nasty, and when you got one in like that, it was like got him.
Speaker 2: Got it in.
Speaker 1: We had a toolbox in high school.
Speaker 3: I still don't have a toolbox.
Speaker 1: That does not surprise me.
Speaker 10: To the whole.
Speaker 1: Jason Lawrence Grand Final breakfast wheels are up on the Port Adelaide plane. They are heading to Sydney for the big game against Swannee.
Speaker 2: Teams will be announced later tonight for both matches. Both preliminary Finals, so then there were four.
Speaker 1: Then we are off to Baby Cats on Saturday night because it's Clash of the Lions.
Speaker 3: Versus the Cats, Big Cats v Little Cats.
Speaker 4: Yes, and then next week it is Grand Final week and the whole week is exciting in Melbourne. But we are bringing excitement to the Thursday morning before Grand Final Eve. We are hosting our Jason Lauren Grand Final Breakfast and Melbourne. We want you to join us. Thirteen twenty fourteen is our number, Dave Neats. It's at his pub, Brewmanity here in South Melbourne, Great rooftop, Great Pub.
Speaker 3: We're going to cram people in for a live show. We've got Katy Perry on the show.
Speaker 1: Katy Perry will be on the show premy ship cup. You know what, that's a really big feature. I reckon like to be able to come along and get a photo with the cup. See the gramsh on Grand Final. Weg like I bought Honey, my little eight year old last year and he got a photo with the CA you haven't made just oh surprised him try and take it.
Speaker 2: He did. He was a hero at school. I give the cup back now, hud the call.
Speaker 3: If you would like to come because we would love you to join us. Mandy and Rosebud, Good morning Mining. Would you like to come to our Grand Final breakfast?
Speaker 2: I would absolutely love to.
Speaker 3: Well, we will see you this time next week, next Thursday. We can't wait to.
Speaker 11: Meet, No worry, you can't wait.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go to where are be? Oh my god, we've got another Clint. There's another one? He go Clint?
Speaker 10: Yeah, good, very good as together?
Speaker 9: Next week?
Speaker 4: Who the Grand Final? Clint any Geelong fan is a friend of mine. You're coming to the Grand Final breakfast?
Speaker 3: We'll see there.
Speaker 1: Clint's a question for you.
Speaker 2: We're going to have a tattoo artist on site. How committed are you to the Cats?
Speaker 1: Would you get a premiership tattoo before they play the Grand Final?
Speaker 4: Match? That nothing romance like matching Gil Cats tattoos.
Speaker 2: Do you have a difficulty with your name on coffee cups? Always?
Speaker 16: Mate?
Speaker 2: You always? Clint?
Speaker 3: Ways is very naughty.
Speaker 2: I think to be honest, that they're meaning to write that on Yeah, it's a strong name. Back away. Yeah, let's go to Zoe can I?
Speaker 15: Zoe?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 1: I want to come along to our Grand Final breakfast?
Speaker 11: Absolutely done.
Speaker 2: We would love to have you there.
Speaker 3: We will see an expensive.
Speaker 1: Thank you, no worries, mate, more chances to win. You wait there tomorrow on the show. Remember it is happening at Rhumanity for finals footy at Melbourne's best rooftop to Ripper. You can book at Brumanity dot com dot au and do it now. Thank you for being.
Speaker 3: Should we go down quickly on Rhumanity.
Speaker 2: We did postcards there bye for now?
Speaker 4: How good was the food when we we didn't want to leave? They had the dim sims that were like South Melbourne Market dim sims but better.
Speaker 1: They did a slow cook to Lamb show at Brumanity, but then they brought out these little like it was like soft shell tacos that were so young and you made your own tacos, but with the whole slow cook lamb in the middle of the table.
Speaker 2: Oh stop it, do you go?
Speaker 3: Dave need sons Rhumanity. Yeah, I love David.
Speaker 1: You kept asking well because we're filming postcards. She kept asking Dave about the place, and I'm like about where Brumanity yeah, And I'm like the food is getting cold, the Brhumanity food is getting cold.
Speaker 4: Nine now dot com dot a u Ford slash postcards if you'd like to watch Jason and I on Post Guards from Rhumanity.
Speaker 1: It's only a short stroll three minutes strong from South Melbourne.
Speaker 3: From where Lauren from our Nova Studios to.
Speaker 1: We're out of here. We'll send them everybody Week Friday by.
Speaker 3: Jason Lauren Lauren.
Speaker 7: Wake Up Feeling Good on No.
Speaker 1: One hundred.
Speaker 7: Lauren on Socials