Speaker 1: Late welcome the Late to play well.
Speaker 2: Good evening.
Speaker 3: I'm James Macpherson with Liz Storer and Caleb Bond. Coming up tonight, Jaguar unveil their latest car design. I'm not sure many people are going to like it, but I'll tell you who's going to love the latest Jaguar BMW, Audi Mercedes. They are absolutely going to love because that guarantees them more sales.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 3: Plus, when we look at the papers, banks starting to introduce forty year mortgages and unions threaten.
Speaker 2: More trouble for Woolworth's in the lead up to Christmas.
Speaker 3: All of that coming up shortly, But first of you noticed that when it comes to gay pride celebrations in sport, there's a massive double standard. When Muslim athletes choose not to participate, there's barely a word. In fact, there's often respect for their principles, but when Christian athletes boycott such sporting events, they are instantly Malaya. Back in twenty twenty two, you might remember seven Manly Siege or Rugby league players chose to sit out a game of football rather than war a gay pride jersey, and for that they were called bigots. They even received death threats. The irony was just a couple of months later, an afl W player for GWS Giants also chose to sit out a pride game because of her Muslim beliefs. Well, the ABC described her as an up and coming leader in the Muslim community who'd been caught in a difficult situation. Well, this played out all over again in the English Premier League over the weekend, where they celebrated their LGBTQ Pride Round. Now, as part of this celebration, captains of each team were required to wear a gay arm band, and this of course created problems for religious players. Now, the captain of Ipswich is a Muslim born in Egypt, Sam Morsey. He chose just not to wear the gay arm band at all, and nere a word was said as opposed to the captain of Crystal Palace, Mark Gayhu, who was born in the Ivory Coast. He's a committed Christian. His father is a Christian minister. He decided I'm going to wear the gay arm band because I bear no ill will towards the LGBTQ community.
Speaker 2: But I do have a higher allegiance.
Speaker 3: I don't share their worldview and so he wrote on the armband Jesus loves you. Now, I reckon that's a pretty good statement for inclusion. What could be more inclusive than Jesus loves everybody?
Speaker 1: Who could be.
Speaker 3: Offended by that? Well, as you can imagine, all hell broke loose. He was threatened with sanctions, There were suggestions he could lose his place on the English team, and that's before we talk about his lucrative contracts and sponsorships. Now, the Football Association argued that they don't allow political or religious statements to be made on the pitch, which he's the question, what is LGBTQ pride other than a political and religious statement. It's political because it demands not just acceptance, It demands celebration and adherence to a number of social policies. It demands that you support gay marriage. It demands that you support drag queens performing for children. It demands that you support miners being given puberty blockers to change sex. All of those are policy positions. It's political and it's also religious because the LGBTQ Pride movement is a worldview.
Speaker 2: It presents a view on life, on reality.
Speaker 3: You know, you can change gender, on morality, there should be no sexual boundaries, and like any religion, it brooks no compromise and will have no gods before it.
Speaker 2: And that's why no.
Speaker 3: Sporting organization, no corporation, no school, no government should compel people to take part in gay pride events. And to do so while claiming that you don't allow political and religious statements to be made indicates that the Football Association in the UK and others like it are either intellectual doults or catered. They're just playing cowards who are sucking up to organizations they believe have power, which right now is the LGBTQ movement.
Speaker 1: Or it could be both, and I suspect it is both. I mean, honestly, as you laid out at the beginning, the examples from Australia are pretty clear in what happens when a Muslim says that they're not part of Pride round and when a Christian says they're not part of Pride round. And it is exactly the same here. Like you said, Sam Morsey, who's that the captain of Ipswich just didn't wear the band at all, and for that he incurs no reprimand whatsoever because he has not in doing so apparently broken any of the uniform rules. But by simply writing Jesus loves you, which you know, yes, it is a religious message, which is against the rule, but who cares. It's like, it's not an offensive message in any way. He's still wearing the armband, so he's sending the message that the league has asked him to send. And at the same time you could argue that he is also saying that, you know, I, as a Christian, have no issue with you, and my God has no issue with you. God loves all his children. I mean, that is presumably what he's tried to say by writing that on his armband. I mean, is that not putting out the olive branch from the Christians to the LGBTQ community to say, look, we're all humans at the end of the day. But no, you get in trouble for that. It's just more proof that politics should not go anywhere near sport. I mean ninety nine percent of people. I'm sure there is a one percent out there, but ninety five percent of people who watch sport do so because it is different to the rest of their lives. It's removed from politics, it's removed from your job. It's removed from all the other nonsense you have to put up with. I mean, tomorrow morning, I'm on a plane to Adelaide to go and watch the Adelaide Test. It is one of my favorite times of the year. You know why because for five days, or hopefully five days, I can go and watch men throw leather at a piece of willow and I don't have to think about anything else. I can drink lots of beers, I can catch up with my mates, I can talk about the cricket. I don't have to get caught up in the rest of the world. That is what sport is meant to be. But increasingly it gets infected by politics. Not because the people who watch sport wanted, and not because the people who participate in sport wanted, but because the corporate jokers who are in charge of the place think they can make a buck out of it, because because then they sell all the jerseys that have got the Pride flag on them, et cetera. C I mean, it is the worst kind of corporate virtue signalink that there possibly is.
Speaker 4: There's no way they make that much money off a gay Pride jersey, though, And let's keep in mind, this isn't even gay Pride months that was due, So why are you foisting this on the unsuspected? But jillions of people either attending the game, watching the game, or participating in the game.
Speaker 5: Once again, the militancy of this movement is just your dropping.
Speaker 4: Can we not go about our daily lives without being reminded by a flag flying or aware at Purple Day that this is what you're supposed to be supporting. And of course it does single out people of the Christian faith, never the Muslims weirdly, which is strange because if you read the Quran and you read the Bible, one stands out as particularly against the LGBTQ community and it ain't Christianity. But this is now Taylor's oldest time. Remember back in the days when it was like bake my cake for a gay wedding, otherwise I'm suing you and sued those Christian bakers were. Now it's where at purple otherwise you're a bigot and everyone will know that these are for school as children.
Speaker 5: That's how young they've got to do this.
Speaker 4: Now, then we've got Christian schools being told no, no, you must employ people of the LGBTQ community. Even though it goes against your ethos, we're forcing you to this is a.
Speaker 5: Matter of human rights. On and on and on it goes.
Speaker 4: Christianity is constantly singled out.
Speaker 5: And here's a perfect example.
Speaker 4: Muslim player, everyone ticks, applauds, doesn't have.
Speaker 5: A problem with it.
Speaker 4: Christian player actually wears the armband but finds a way around.
Speaker 5: It, and everyone's up in arms.
Speaker 4: You've got to wonder what is really behind this agenda, because it's not protections.
Speaker 5: This isn't the nineteen sixties.
Speaker 4: We're not championing a downtrodden minority anymore.
Speaker 5: These guys rule the roost and we all know it.
Speaker 3: I've got to point out one more irony in this story, and that of course, is that the player's father, who immigrated to the UK from the Ivory Coast. He understands England better than most Englishmen. He told the media. God is everywhere in this country and I know things changed because of different beliefs, but it's still a Christian country. Now bear in mind, this is an immigrant to the UK telling Englishmen about their own country. He says, if you look at what the lgbt community, you're doing they're trying to impose on others what they believe in. It's belief against belief. But at the end of the day, everyone has the right to an opinion. And Caleb, that's the UK we used to know. The immigrant gets it, just the Englishman don't.
Speaker 1: It's quite often the case because generally you've gone to another country because you've seen something better in it than the one you've come from. But as to why Christians are targeted, it's an obvious Well, obviously Christians are easy prey, you might say, because they're a majority in a country like the UK, so you know, we can just go after them. Who cares about that? But of course, more broadly, it's about the fact is a hatred of the West, and that's why the Muslims get a free pass here because ultimately the socialists that pushed the this kind of thing don't really actually care about the things they say they care about gay rights, etc. They just care about pulling apart the supposedly colonial awful roots of these countries, and they will do it by any means possible, even if that means pandering to the groups that are against the groups they say they are. Four But that is life in twenty twenty four. Speaking of life in twenty twenty four and sticking in the UK, the BBC has come up with its list of top one hundred women for twenty twenty four. And what would a list of top one hundred women in twenty twenty four be without a biological man? Yes, you knew I was going to say it, And here it is again. I know I gave Freddie Murcury go last night, but I've got to give him another go tonight. Here is.
Speaker 6: I'm girling slightly, man, and going slightly, I mean one.
Speaker 1: Bridget Baptiste is the individual in question, Colombian scientist. Man. Of course you can see Baptiste there, but makes it onto the list of one hundred women. Now, through the work that Baptiste has done as a scientist, it's apparently been looking into things like how the rest of the world is transgender like Baptiste. Take for instance that in a twenty eighteen Ted talk, was Baptiste that Iss, according to The Telegraph, claimed scientists had discovered transsexual palm trees and stated that the change of sex and gender has been reported regularly in science on this basis. She that is, according to the Telegraph argued that it was wise to do away with the ideas of naturalness in nature, stating there is nothing more queer than nature and for that extraordinary work, biological male can now make it onto the list of top one hundred women. Now I know I've said this before, but I have spent most of my life saying that I am not a feminist, and I bhore the idea of feminism because you know, it's an outdated ideology that harks back to years and years ago, when, of course there were legitimate grievances with the fact that women had less rights than men, and then we sorted all of that out in the latter twentieth century and we got to a point where we were all equal. But now I'm actually thinking I got to start calling myself feminist because we are regressing so far now, like literal women are losing rights to men every day of the week. Now everything old is new again.
Speaker 2: When I saw that the BBC had produced this list.
Speaker 3: Of one hundred inspiring women and it contained a man, I actually.
Speaker 2: Felt relief because it was only one man. I was taking a lot more to be on their list.
Speaker 4: But I mean, you've got to follow the sad day we're congratulating them for that.
Speaker 2: It's only one bloke.
Speaker 3: You got to follow the logic though, I mean, he says there's nothing more queer than nature. I would argue the BBC are probably a bit more queer than that. But the logic is, if nature is queer, then we should be queer in solidarity with it. And this is a direct result of the rejection of the Christian faith. The Christian faith used to teach us. We all used to believe it, even if we didn't go to church, but we understood we're made in the image of God. So if we want to know what we're like or what we should be like, you look up. But then we've removed God from the horizon. So where do we look for cues on how to live our lives?
Speaker 2: Will we look down?
Speaker 3: So you literally get someone saying, hmm, what sort of person should I be? Well, I wonder what the palm trees are doing, and then follows that, and so this is where we have a major problem. Of course, you know, polar bears eat their young, but she's not suggesting we follow that. Dogs sniff each other's butts, but no one's saying that's how we ought to behave. So it's incredibly selective, isn't it, finding, you know, palm trees that are transsexual and say, we'll see, that's now.
Speaker 2: How we should behave.
Speaker 3: The other point I would make, Liz is the BBC have got a man as well of their most inspiring women. The BBC also boast continually about their brilliant fact checkers.
Speaker 2: Where are their fact checkers?
Speaker 4: Yes, do they know anything about chromosomes? It's supposed to be the one hundred most inspiring women. Well I found this very inspiring indeed, but not to do what they think they're inspiring people to do.
Speaker 5: Now to the USA, where the writer of.
Speaker 4: That famous song YMCA, which has once again made headlines. My goodness, it's pretty much the Trump song nowadays.
Speaker 5: Backed up with a dance and everything.
Speaker 4: Everyone's been doing it, from sports stars on.
Speaker 5: The field to you name it.
Speaker 4: This dance and song has once again gone viral. Well, the co writer of the YMCA song, his name's Victor Willis, he was one of the original Village people, has taken to his social media say when people stop calling this thing a gay anthem? It was never supposed to be that And as of next year, my wife's going to start suing people who say it is.
Speaker 5: A gay anthem. Check out his post.
Speaker 4: He says, to the extent that YMCA is considered a gay anthem based on the fact that gays once to use certain YMCA for illicit activity.
Speaker 5: The assumption that.
Speaker 4: The song alludes to that is completely misguided. Therefore, since I wrote the lyrics, I ought to know what the lyrics I wrote is really about. Come January twenty twenty five, my wife will start suing each and every news organization that falsely refers to YMCA as being somehow a gay anthem, because such a notion is based solely on the song's lyrics alluding to illicit activity for which it does not. Now, I just found this quite refreshing, because most people, whether they're thinking this or not, whether one of their songs has become a gay anthem or not, would not come out nowadays and say, by the way, just to be clear, no, no, They just be like, let him have it. I don't want to be called a bigot, I don't want to be sued, I don't want.
Speaker 5: To be called hateful. But this guy is not only coming out and being like a hold the phone everybody. This was never intended to be that.
Speaker 4: He's saying, my wife's gonna suit you, guys if you keep referring to it as such. Although having watched the original clip today, I gotta say you do start to begin to understand why people might have got that idea.
Speaker 1: Does not need to feel down down, it's just so.
Speaker 4: And yet he said calling it a gay anthem is quote defamatory.
Speaker 5: And damaging to the song. End quote.
Speaker 4: Well he's still very happy, man, because as we know, Trump has made his song very famous of late, and well he's collecting the royalties. It's like the masculine version of YMCA love It, Love It so top Dog doing his own verse.
Speaker 1: It's all quite interesting because he also says that he recognizes that the gay community uses it as an anthem, and he doesn't have a problem with them doing so. He just doesn't want it sort of officially known as that's what it was written for, because.
Speaker 2: Everyone thought the lyrics were describing.
Speaker 1: Yeah used as a gay exactly. And of course members of ymc A were gay, not all of them. Victor is not gay, but some members of ymc A were gay. And in the early days of Sorry Village, people is what I'm talking about. And in the early days of the Village people, you know, before it went mainstream, it was fundamentally followed by gay people, but at one point it cracked through with songs like YMCA and became a lot more broad than that. So you can understand why people would have thought that YAMCA was gay anthem. But he also originally said that he didn't want Trump using it during his campaigns, but he's then changed his mind on that, presumably because he's seen the manager.
Speaker 3: Of forty years after he wrote this song, it's now back number one, and it was number one for two weeks, so forty years after he wrote it, he's making absolute mots all over again. But I mean, you look at the bands and the performers who have said to Trump, you must not use our music, oh even if you pay for it, trummy.
Speaker 5: He's got a very small playlist to make you.
Speaker 3: If we were to go through them in alphabetical order, and I won't go through them all, but let me start with a These are people who said Trump, you cannot use our music. Abba Adele Aerosmith, Aha, Andrew Lloyd Webber, Beyondcey, Bruce Springsteen soon Credence clear Water Revival.
Speaker 2: Let's just see.
Speaker 3: I could keep going for another three or four minutes. This guy has said, no, I like Trump using it, and may I mean will.
Speaker 1: May I point out though, one of your favorite musicians and possibly one of the most famous gay men in the world, Elton John, has no track with Trump using his music. Trump uses Elton John all the time. He loves Elton John, right, So, I mean the whole thing is absurd in so far is because when you started using YMCA, a lot of people were asking that question, like, why is he using this song that is a gay anthem? I can't believe he's doing that. When are we going to hear from the village people about him doing so? Will the village me for at least the writer of the song is spoken now and said it's not a gay anthem, and I don't have a problem with Trump using it. But it just it proves to me again. You remember in school, you know, and you know, Year twelve English or whatever, and they give you a book or a poem or something, and you had to analyze it within a each of its life about what it's meaning was. And quite often I'd read these ticks and go, who am I to know what? Like, I'm just saying this is what I think it's about. The author when they wrote it probably had a completely different idea of what they thought it was about. And this proves that I think. I mean, the only person who can truly tell you what a piece of art is meant to mean is the artist himself. Sure, we look at pieces of art and decide what we think it means to us, but that's not ultimately the true meaning of the art. He is an artist taking back the meaning of his piece of art, and good on him. I wish we saw it more often before we start turning everything into meaning something else that it doesn't.
Speaker 2: I tell you what before we move on. You may be kind of sad mentioning Elton John. Have you heard the latest news on it?
Speaker 1: I know he's lost his eyes, but apparently it'll come back at a later stage.
Speaker 3: I mean, you can't beat Elton John music, and I reckon the reason Trump's using YMCA is because pretty much no one else other than Elton John would let.
Speaker 1: Him use it.
Speaker 4: I say, it doesn't mean that he can't play Hello, We've got It's.
Speaker 1: A good paint, A good point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, is a very good if anyone can Elton John will be able to do it. Let's stay overseas, but go to Canada. And still dealing with Trump, Trump of course, has announced that once he gets into the White House, he will put tariffs on nations that are misbehaving towards the US, including Canada to the north. He said he'll hit them with a twenty five percent tariff if they don't immediately stop the flow of illegals and drugs into America across that northern border. Now, Canada enjoys a one hundred billion dollar trade surplus with the US, so to be hit with a twenty five percent tariff, well that would hurt Canada. Justin Trudeau does not want that, so he got on a plane and flew straight to the US to have dinner with Trump. And well, I'll let Fox News's Peter Doocey take up the story, and.
Speaker 7: Tonight we're getting some new details about that Trump Trudeau dinner from two people who were at the table. We are told that whan Trudeau told President like Trump that new tariffs would kill the Canadian economy, Trump jogged to him that if Canada can't survive without ripping off the US to the tune of one hundred billion dollars a year. Then maybe Canada should become the fifty first state and Trudeau could become its governor.
Speaker 3: Well, it's great to finally have an alpha male back in the White House. Of course, Donald Trump was joking about Canada becoming the fifty first state of America, but he left Justin Trudeau in no doubt about his intentions and his seriousness. Like I said, it's just great to have an alpha male back in the White House.
Speaker 2: Here's a picture of their meeting.
Speaker 3: Actually, no, sorry, that's that's not the picture of their meeting, although that does look like Justin Trudeau.
Speaker 2: There's the site.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what though, The idea is that Canada could become the fifty first state of America. Could you imagine the panic of all those celebrities who said, if Trump wins, We're moving to Canada. There's no getting away from the now to US just subsumes Canada.
Speaker 4: There's a way around that, you're back in the United States.
Speaker 1: Lol.
Speaker 4: Of course Justin Trudeau shared that photo, not the first one, the second, to his Twitter, tweeting thanks for dinner last night. President Trump I look forward to the work we can do together again, to which everyone writing on his Twitter post was like.
Speaker 5: What are you doing sitting with Hitler?
Speaker 1: Mate?
Speaker 5: How does it feel to be working with the radical right wing again?
Speaker 4: Why are you smiling with Hitler, this man that you have defamed for years and years. Well, suddenly he says something about tariffs. You're there at marr Lago playing happy families flew in to kiss the ring and polish Trump's shoes, didn't y.
Speaker 5: Everyone is absolutely relishing.
Speaker 4: This because and Trump said the same to Mexican as we know, which got him a phone call very quickly of Mexico being like, we're coming to the.
Speaker 5: Party, what do you need?
Speaker 4: So it is it is wonderful to see strong leadership.
Speaker 5: And I said this during the first Trump term.
Speaker 4: It tends to have a little bit like boys playing in the playground when Trump is in the White House, it tends to have a flow on effect where world leaders walk a bit taller, puff their chests out a bit more, get more of that testosterone masculine energy happening in their own leadership profiles.
Speaker 5: Don't hold your breath for.
Speaker 4: Alban easy, because the leader of the free world, the commander in chief is not just an alpha male, but an alpha male on steroids, and they all have this way of responding to that in kind.
Speaker 1: And it's interesting as well because of course, it's the unpredictability of Trump that makes him such a great diplomat, because you don't really know what he's going to do at any given time, so it encourages encourages you sorry to negotiate with him before he's made up his mind. I mean, Vladimir Zelenski was on the phone to Trump before the election had even happened, because he'd sniffed the wind and worked out that he was likely to be the president, because Trump has said that one of the first things he will do and just read, but you know, one of the first things he will do is end the war between Russia and Ukraine. So Zelenski is straight on the phone to start doing the negotiating because Trump, if you leave him to his own devices, they will do something that you don't want him to do. So incomes Trudeau gets ahead of the game. Let's talk to him before things get too far down the line. It's actually a great form of diplomacy by saying, look, if you don't come to me, then I can't guarantee what I'm going to do to you later.
Speaker 4: And it's extraordinary because Trump is basically acting president already, I know, exactly getting on the phone, flocking to Mari Lago, let's have a.
Speaker 5: Sit down dinner.
Speaker 4: They are a desperate to plac hate the beast before he's actually in the White House. And it isn't just saying twenty five percent tariff on all the Canadian goods coming into our country until you stop the illegal drugs, the illegal aliens flowing over the northern border. They're trying to get ahead of the game. So he's basically already doing the job of president long before January twenty when he'll be in augur.
Speaker 1: We don't actually have a prison yet, but it was funny, one blow pointed out on ex if you have a funny twenty cent Dear Canada, if you want to join the United States, we have a few rules. The leaf flag must go far around, position must go up by five hundred percent per household. Justin Trudeau must be exiled to Cuba to be with his ancestry, which if you've ever looked at for del Castro, you might notice a little similarity in their faces and for you will be referred to as snow Mexicans. Sound like a deal, but it did bring to mind. You know, I've spent a lot of micury. You will know at home how much I hate councils, and I've spent most of my carey arguing for council amalgamations. And the argument that kept being put to me and is still put to me all the time. It's the problem with council amalgamations is you can have one council that's doing really well, and then you amalgamate it with a council that's not doing so well, and then suddenly the people from the really good council have to, you know, have their finances go downhill a bit, and the people from the council that wasn't doing well are really happy because their finances have suddenly shot through the roof.
Speaker 2: Would the US.
Speaker 1: Really want Canada to become another state because it's just a dead weight on the rest of the country.
Speaker 3: It will basically be importing hamas into America the way Canada is doing so. I think it would be great for Canada, not so great for the United States.
Speaker 5: Not so great.
Speaker 4: Something else that is very questionably is it really great for anyone? Is a new supplement that's being put into cow feed. It's called Beauvaya, and this is in order to save the planet.
Speaker 5: It is set to.
Speaker 4: Cut methane cows farting by up to fifty percent. But what exactly is this thing that we are putting in cow feed to stop them from farting to save the planet. It's creating a lot of concern by people throughout the Western world where this is being implemented. Now, the company's doing this and not breaking any laws. It has been approved by the relevant bodies in their country. But if you're anything like me, you don't really trust those relevant bodies very much. Maybe you do, and power to you, but I certainly do not. This beauvor has got some serious side effects, particularly one of the ingredients. Here's a lady, just an everyday person, who googled side effects of this particular ingredient, and I'll let her tell you what she found and what you will find if you google the same.
Speaker 8: All right, so let's take a look at some of the side effects of this Bovair skin and I irritant potentially harmful when inhaled this is the worst may damage male fertility and reproductive organs. So when you handle this chemical that they're going to feed to the cows, you must wear protective gear, dust mask, impervious gloves, wash your hands after handling, rinse your eyes. So how can they possibly call that safety?
Speaker 4: So if it's that toxic for the people handling it, what the heck is it doing to our cows? And is it going to affect meat, cheese, milk.
Speaker 5: One of the.
Speaker 4: Big supermarkets, all the Foods UK, put out a statement saying BOVA has been approved for use by both the European Food Safety Authority and the UK Food Standards Agency the FSA.
Speaker 5: Again, do you trust these people? I don't know, It's just me, but I personally don't.
Speaker 4: They are how PIFAs in all our franken food. They don't care about microplastics, They don't care about all the herbicides and pesticides that the cows are eating by virtue of eating grass anyway, like roundup and other things which we know aren't very good for us or the cows. Now, this idea of putting this supplement in cowfeed has been backed by none other than Bill Gates and the company who has produced beauva They are called DSM Fermink has received funding from Bill Gates, but not with regard to this particular Beauvea project, because he's got his own company called Ruminate, which is pushing out their own supplement that supposedly does exactly the same thing. But I want to give a shout out to those dairy farmers here in Australia who have gone on social media and done their dandas to reassure people we are.
Speaker 5: Not using this Bouveta nonsense.
Speaker 4: Norcoa Milk Milany dairies, Gippsland, Jersey and Bass River dairies here in Australia. They've said, we're not feeding our cows this crap, and we can assure you of that. It just goes to it bobbles the mind that we are so believing in this climate cult nonsense that we are now feeding cows something to stop their natural breakdown. We all know their rather complex creatures in terms of having three stomachs and doing what they do the cud they chew, the incredible benefits we get from them in terms of dairy meat etc. And here we are messing with the most natural bodily processes for these bovines.
Speaker 2: And you raised some great points.
Speaker 3: We don't trust governments, we don't trust government bureaucracies, we don't trust the climate science. We don't trust science. It's been so politicized. So I sympathize with your concern about this, and I'm sure there's many people who would say, there's no way I'm drinking that stuff, which then creates opportunity for milk companies such as you listed here in Australia, who are already advertising by our milk. We don't get it from cows that have been plied with this stuff. I heard of one milk company colored that's advertising how you get full cream milk. They're advertising full fat milk, which, by the sound.
Speaker 2: Of it, you might not go for it.
Speaker 3: But once you've heard, be like, hey, I want that.
Speaker 1: Well, it's funny you mentioned that. I'm sure of you the home will remember this ad pot of milk.
Speaker 2: Thanks.
Speaker 7: Well, I've had and I've had full cream, high calcium, high protein, sorry light skim a Mega three high calcium with vitamin D and folid or extra dollop.
Speaker 1: I just want milk to taste like real milk. I mean, maybe now they'll have to add full fat milk to to the list there. I mean, I shouldn't speak too much because I interfere with my own digestive system by taking proton pump inhibitors somac. You know, it's an antacid type thing. There's lots of most people I think are on them for the reason that.
Speaker 5: Is, whatever thing is taking.
Speaker 1: But I mean for who cares anyway. I mean, you know, cows fart and cows burp. It's actually the burps that most of the methane comes out of. I mean, cows have been walking around the Earth for how damn long burping and farting and carrying on, and suddenly it's a problem. Oh, we can't have them doing that anymore. Their natural tendencies. They're digestive systems working in the way that they have evolved to work, and suddenly that's bad because it's going to cook the planet or something.
Speaker 4: It's not going to save the cows anyway, because we know how dogged this agenda is at all euro omissions. So if it's only cutting them by fifty percent many articles say more like twenty seven percent, then it's never going to be good enough, is it? And we know the likes of Bill Gates says we just we need to get rid of beef all together.
Speaker 5: Here's a quote from him back in twenty twenty one.
Speaker 4: He said, I do think all rich countries should move to one hundred percent synthetic beef baff. You can get used to the taste difference, and the claim is they're going to make it taste even better over time. Eventually that green premium is modest enough that you can sort of change the behavior of people or use regulation to totally shift the demand. I just force people to eat fake meat. That was back in twenty twenty one, for crying out loud. These guys are very open about what their agenda is, and it's up to we the people, to push back on it and say we're not buying this rabbit.
Speaker 1: I mean, they are very clearly buttering us up here. And may I say there is a lot of steak. There is a lot at steak. Let's go to the United States. Now, hey, it's my last night on the late debate for the year. You've got to let me have a.
Speaker 2: Little you know, cut the doing will mate.
Speaker 3: The cream always rises to the not well done.
Speaker 1: Before we go to a break over in the United States, the House Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Pandemic. I had to make sure I got that entirely correct because it is a bit of a mouthful. But they have handed down their report into what they think happened the origins of COVID and of course the response to COVID in the United States, which was much as the same as here in Australia, and woe and behold. After pouring over more than one million pages of documents relating to the origins of COVID, they have come to the conclusion that it came from a lab in Wuhan. Yes, can you believe it? Exactly what we've been saying for years, all the great work that Cherry Marson did find her book on the origins of COVID if you haven't read it. And we were dismissed as conspiracy theorists for saying this was created in a lab, Well, no, we have more proof now to say that we were right. The report also said that lockdowns did more harm than good, that masked mandates were ineffective, and that there was no evidence for social distancing revel Who would have thought all this stuff that we were talking about for years, and someone has gone through millions and millions of pages of documents. Interviewed Anthony Fauci, who of course said that he didn't know where the six foot social distancing rule came from. He didn't know. He hadn't looked into any data about how masked mandates had affected children, et cetera. All on the record, and they go, oh, hang on a minute, this stuff didn't work. We could have told you that years ago.
Speaker 4: How people can trust a word these government agencies across the board, how they can trust a word?
Speaker 1: They say?
Speaker 5: Ever again, is it beyond.
Speaker 3: Me when you say they read over a million pages? I mean I read Sharry Markson's book What Really Happened in Wumart. It's just a couple of hundred page a lot of time. When you go to a break. When we come back, we'll look at what's making news tomorrow. That's coming up in the second. Okay, let's take a look at what's making headlines tomorrow. Will start with Sydney's Daily Telegraph, which states the obvious hip pocket pain hits home under labor recession of the people. Reads the headline, and the article says Australians are thousands of dollars worse off under the Albanezy government, as experts say the country is now mired in a recession of the people. The latest National account data, which was out today in tomorrow's paper We'll say yesterday, revealed economic growth has slowed to its lowest annual rate in more than thirty years. That's outside of the pandemic, as government spending and high levels of migration mask the true damage to household budgets. The article goes on to say that government spending is now twenty eight percent of GDP. That's compared to an average of about twenty two percent in the ten years leading up to the pandemic. That's sort of spending is just absolutely unsustainable. But not only that, it risks keeping inflation high so interest rates stay high.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter which way you look at this.
Speaker 3: Everybody is hurting and the government don't seem to know what to do other than just keep pumping money into the occas, even.
Speaker 5: Though they are the sole cause of the problem.
Speaker 4: As Milton Friedman famously said, inflation is created in Washington. It's completely done by government spending. And he also goes on to say that that's our fault because how many of us love a freebie from the government. So every time the government's coming up for reelection, what does it promise?
Speaker 5: More spending, more spending, more spending.
Speaker 4: You only have to take a look at a few of the things labors already saying that they're taking to the next election, like universal daycare, which is going to cost us billions of dollars. This is what they do. They come up with new ways of saying freebies for everyone, and then people vote for the.
Speaker 5: Freebies just once. Especially now, I'd love.
Speaker 4: To see a party with the Gonads to say, actually, we are running on a very fiscal agenda. We're actually going to be like, hey, Australia, want to tighten your belt so that your children's children's children aren't paying off this ridiculous debt. Because I think a lot of responsible Australians would say, yeah, actually, let's get it done instead of everyone being promised a pony and a pony for their pony, and everyone then voting for whichever party they think is going to give it them the most free bee.
Speaker 3: I wish that were true, but Kembell Newman got into government and then did that in Queensland.
Speaker 1: Service in a landslide, in a landslide quick time. But you know, over the days of Paul Keating, who once upon a time said we were going to have the recession we had to have, he was at least upfront about that fact.
Speaker 4: I think Camvil Newman, by the way, is a very unique situation. I mean, Queensland has been a labor state for a very long time. That was an exceptional election and I don't think anyone was surprised and that was not the number one that wasn't the reason why he was voted out.
Speaker 1: But at least Keating was honest about the fact that he was about to lead the country into recession. What Albanezi and Charmers have done here is preside over the longest household recession in half a century. Your money is going backwards, the household GDP is going backwards, but covering up the official numbers at a national level by pumping up the migration and as Paul Murray was explaining at the top of his program, employing more and more public servants and giving them pay rises because that makes it look like there is marginal economic growth, which there actually isn't. I also want to just note, if we can get the front of the Daily Telegraph back up again, who's this bird in the top left of the paper? Who's giving me the finger? She's good looking last, but I'm not quite sure. It seems that she's a superstar on a Sydney set. I'm assuming for a film or something. But what's she doing giving me the finger on the front of the paper. I don't know what that's all about.
Speaker 4: Don't know, don't care to the front page of the herald Son mortgage stretcher. If this doesn't make your guts grown, I don't know what will. The forty year mortgage has arrived in a move other major lenders are expected to follow. Pepper Money is launching a mortgage next week that will run out to December twenty sixty five. Borrowers would pay less each month, but the loans are dearer in the long term.
Speaker 5: Yeah, go figure.
Speaker 4: I just I don't even want to think about this. I don't know if I even want to be alive in twenty sixty five to think about paying How quickly people used to be able to buy a house back in the day. Get it done in a couple of decades. If that we're now talking about forty year mortgages because they're so expensive you're gonna need forty years or maybe even more to pay off even a one better apartment. And if you're looking at Central suburbs in Sydney and that's.
Speaker 5: For a hole in the wall, that's nothing fancy?
Speaker 3: Is it in Japan where they have mortgages now that are generational so it gets handed on to your kids, which has a certain attraction.
Speaker 1: Actually come, well, I'm sure it does, but I mean, the greatest thing about debt has always been that it is extinguished upon death. The creditor can come and take assets to recover as much of their money as possible, but you can't actually pass debt on to children. Imagine if that were the case. You know, but you could go out and take it a massive mortgage. About five minutes before you carget, You're like, you know, before I die, I really want to have a ferrari in a match. And then your kids like, Dad, what did your donos?
Speaker 2: I've got two of them. I'll get two cars. It's interesting.
Speaker 3: Over the last couple years, four hundred and thirty thousand Australians have extended the life of their mortgages.
Speaker 2: So clearly, when.
Speaker 3: People are struggling with repayments, even though you're worse off in the long run, it's going to be attractive to me.
Speaker 1: And that's the thing, right, Like it's sad, but what else have people meant to do? If you want to buy in the market that currently exists, you haven't got a lot of room to move and you don't have much choice. So if this allows you to get into the market, you'd say, okay, that's great. But of course that also then has the effect of allowing more people into the housing market, which when you haven't already stretched housing market, means the prices go up even further. So you really can't win here, can you. But you said you don't want to be alive in twenty sixty five, which is a sad thought, Liz, But I can't remember who sang the song, But you know it goes in the year twenty five, twenty five, if man is still alive, if woman can survive, you may find and then it goes on all these futuristic things. Donnary, wasn't it, these futuristic things that were supposedly going to happen. I occasionally go back and listen to it, because it goes on about you know, twenty twenty and all this stuff, and it's like, wow, that's not actually what the world turned out like. It's a bit like watching back to the future. They went forward to it was it twenty sixteen or twenty fifteen they went to and they were all getting around on hover boards and stuff, and it's like, that didn't happen, did it. Let's go to the front of the ods tomorrow where it sees Pearson's explicit plea roll out direct instructions to all classrooms. This is going on from the story we were talking about last night. You saw napland results have come out today and Catholic schools in the act you have had great success going back to direct instruction. Aboriginal leader Noel Pearson has demanded that all schools adopt direct instruction in classrooms and blasted education leaders for ignoring the reform for twenty years. Mister Pearson said it was bittersweet to see Catholic schools in through reading in mathematics results through direct instruction method also known as explicit teaching, after he lobbied for two decades to have it mandated in public schools. And as we said last time, I mean, this stuff is as plain as the nose on your face. It's been in front of us for so long. In fact, it's how things used to be done, and then we decided, oh I've got new fangled ways to do it. They just don't work. When are we going to get back to basics?
Speaker 2: Yep, they should absolutely do it.
Speaker 3: And if you had parents kids in schools, you'd be demanding that your schools go back to this kind of teaching we're going to break when we come back. Will show you the new Jaguar that's caused so much controversy. You can check it out for yourself and see if you like it.
Speaker 2: All. Right after Jaguar.
Speaker 3: Announced a controversial rebranding, we've all been waiting to see, Caleb, what the new car is going to look like.
Speaker 1: Oh my, I really don't want to show it to you actually, but you'll remember that new ad they came up with and it had no car in it whatsoever, and it had people in weird dresses and haircuts and whatever. Look if they just you know, run this, things might look a little better, you know, an actual Jaguar to sort them out. But unfortunately they didn't do that. Now I've shown you this before. I love Jaguars. They're beautiful British cars. You know the mark to the X J six, the E type, you know, I mean, look at that. That is just a beautiful car. You look at that. It feels britty. I mean the E type that is sex on wheels. Well, have a look at what they've come up with now, So I am with the all you Jaguar Type zero zero, which is a design vision.
Speaker 5: Check it out and looks absolutely insane.
Speaker 4: When we look at the front.
Speaker 5: We can have.
Speaker 8: Three of where insane.
Speaker 1: Likes as you can see.
Speaker 7: The doors open.
Speaker 1: Solutely crazy. Check out that interior which is unbelievable.
Speaker 5: The screens go off as world that is insane.
Speaker 1: See the flintstones have finally arrived. I mean that thing looks like one of those suicide pods that they use over in the in the Netherlands for people to say goodbye to the world. Who wants that? That is not a Januar. I mean, when you saw the beautiful things they once made, and now they're making boxy crap like.
Speaker 2: That, I couldn't work out.
Speaker 3: Is that the new Jaguar or is it the Barbie movie, which one is it?
Speaker 2: And they talk about.
Speaker 5: When it comes in blue?
Speaker 3: Well they talked about creativity, right, because creative and it's original, and so they've come up with blue and pink like for boys and girls.
Speaker 5: I mean great binary. They even that, You would have thought they would have got slam for that.
Speaker 3: If you remember the Thunderbirds, which I'm not sure you would have ever watched the Thunderbirds, you probably would have.
Speaker 2: That pink Jaguar is straight out of the Thunderbirds. Go back and look, it's straight out of it.
Speaker 1: But that's the only sort of person who would buy a thing like that is someone who is a puppet, who's got the strings. I will do what I am told to do by my wo I'd love.
Speaker 4: To know how many they end up selling new Range going directing.
Speaker 3: The executives at BMW or AUDI are really worried about the new Jaguar.
Speaker 2: I think not. I think not at all.
Speaker 3: That's all we've got time for tonight, but stick around. Coming up is the Reader Pennety Show.