Speaker 1: On scoring Lis Oustrodia. This is the Reader Panalty Show.
Speaker 2: Good evening and welcome to the Riata Paniny Show. Coming up a massive program for you tonight, Queensland Opposition leader David chris A fully pledges to keep cold fired power stations open and to dump the truth Telling and Healing Inquiry. Douglas Murray will join you shortly to discuss the latest from the US and the Middle East. Also on the program tonight Kosher Gator, Nick Kata and Kinsey Schofield and we never neglect Lefty's losing it, including this Kamala fan. She seems nice. God damn but first judges have been told to be trauma informed when handing down judgments. In a new manual commissioned by the New South Wales Judicial Watchdog and endorsed by the Australasian Institute of Judicial Administrationation, the guide's focus is on a postmodern legal concept called therapeutic jurisprudence. The goal is to make sure that consequences for breaking the law have a positive impact on the wellbeing of defendants. The manual, authored by lawyer and psychologist doctor Ronda water Worth, gives guidance on how to handle cases involving defendants of certain backgrounds. For Indigenous Australians, it says they are still dealing with the pervasive intergenerational effects of settler colonialism, as well as the impact of successive generations of externally imposed government policies and discriminatory legislation which have marginalized, exploited, forced the removal of children, and otherwise undermined First Nations communities. The legacy of trauma and dispossession is interconnected with other aspects of First nation's disadvantage, such as the disproportional high incarceration rates. The guide also tells judges to look to the clear moral and ethical guidelines of the Islamic faith when dealing with Muslim defendants, as the religion has a strong principle of justice that focuses on reconciliation and making amends rather than mere punishment. This approach can facilitate the healing process for both offenders and victims, fostering a sense of accountability and personal growth. Indeed, there is a whole section devoted to encouraging judges to consider aspects of the Islamic faith, including this on Muslim defendants having a sense of personal responsibility to react to world events in the context of religious injunctions to support others of the same faith. Goodness me Joining me now for more on this is senior fellow at the Menzi's Research Center, Nick cat Nick. This two hundred page guidebook is endorsed by the country's peak judicial body. Is it going to enhance or undermine the public's faith in the justice system?
Speaker 3: Well, I think you know the answer to that, READO, and I'll come to that in a minute. First, I think we've got to unpick this mumbo jumbo one piece of time, haven't we. If there's any literature, any studies, any peer reviewed evidence of intergenerational trauma to show how this is somehow passed down over multiple generations. So somebody is traumatized today because of a bad instant that might have happened to their long distance ancestor let's put it on the table, because right now I don't think there is any such evidence, So that whole idea of intergenerational trauma is just a complete made up furfee. I'm sorry to say that, but that's what it is. On this other question of whether we should, you know, judges should take account of Islamic morality or whatever it may be. Well, you know they might want to do that in their spare time, you know, if they want to study Islamic history or something, go ahead. But you're there in a different capacity. You're there to enforce the law, the Australian law, and you're there to do it according to the rule of law, which means that everybody gets treated absolutely equally. And I think the idea here is you give special treatment to at least two categories of people that we've mentioned, possibly more, because I dare say, all, you know, some of the other people in that intersectional district get some mentioned somewhere. But I think this is very dangerous. I think everyone should be able to go into court and have their case treated on its own merits, according to the law, not according to some made up stuff.
Speaker 2: This is just seems to be ideological idiocy. And you now that they're you're supposed to be equal before the law, regardless of who you are, what your background, You're supposed to be treated the same. It's supposed to be a pillar of our justice system. And that seems to be an old fashioned view these days. Now, let's go to Queensland. The L and P there is finally standing for something. This is nice to see. Opposition leader David Chris of Foley is promising to scrap Queensland's Truth Telling and Healing Inquiry if the Coalition do when the upcoming state election. The inquiries chaired Joshua Cremer has said this would be a significant step backwards for reconciliation and it will keep Queensland's true history hidden.
Speaker 4: Nick.
Speaker 2: I think it was around more than sixty eight percent of Queenslanders who voted no in the race based referendum. It's about time that politicians listen to them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's taken David Chris Foley what almost a year to catch up on this, and thank goodness he has, But I thank truth telling commissions. Rita, You and I would be absolutely in favor of any commission that would actually tell the truth about our history, about our past warts and all good sides, bad sides. But we know that's not what we're going to.
Speaker 1: Get from this truth Commission.
Speaker 3: That's not what they're there to do. They're there to further distort our history, to tell us how bad our ancestors were, what a terrible country this is, instead of pointing out that it's actually the best country on Earth, and that the Aboriginal people have the same rights as everybody else. That's just the fact.
Speaker 2: And David chris A fully has also vowed to keep Queensland's coal fired power stations open indefinitely, and this is to ensure there is reliable and affordable energy during the transition to renewables. Nick, I'm glad he's keeping the coal fired power stations open, but is he going to embrace nuclear power or is he going to persist with this renewable fantasy.
Speaker 3: One step at a time, one baby step at a time. This is looking. This is a very important thing that he's done. It's obvious and we need this here in New South Wales as much as anything because we can habitually run short of power and the renewable nonsense which is just ripping apart beautiful parts of native bushland and farmland in Queensland has to stop. It has to stop the moment he gets into office. He needs to put a complete stop on it and a review, and then of course, inevitably you get to nuclear. If you think, as we seem convinced, that we have to keep our electricity supply one carbon free, then there is only one option for baseload carbon free power, and that's nuclear. And he will come round to that, just as you know Microsoft has and the United States government under even Joe Biden has to realize that this is it's not a cushion of if it's it's inevitable, if you want to keep the lights on.
Speaker 2: It's disappointing how it's taking to come to these very obvious positions, particularly for someone who's supposed to be leading a center right coalition. Now former Labor senator, she's now an independent. Fatima Payment has launched her political party with the help of the Preference whisperer Glenn Drury, who's now her chief of staff. But a decision to name the party Australia's Voice has sparked outrage within some activist circles. Some have accused her of rebranding the Voice for her own agenda. Indigenous entrepreneurs Sean Gordon said that the use of the term Voice by Fatima Payment for her new political party is a further attempt by the pro Palestinian movement to leverage off the back of Aboriginal antrres, Strait Islander people and Ularu dialogue Coachair Mighan Davis described Senator Payman's announcement as curious timing given it's the anniversary of the referendum and many of our people are still nicka. I do hate it when the lefties turn on each other.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't mind the voice part, but it's the Australian part that I don't like.
Speaker 1: Australian voice.
Speaker 3: It should be called the un Australian voice from some of the things that sended a Payment has said in Parliament. But she's having trouble, isn't she. And I thought there were some very interesting and very considered points made by some of the critics from the Indigenous community saying that they're sick of the Indigenous, the Aboriginal cause being hijacked by the Palestinians. That's what the Palestinians have done. They've attempted to draw some moral equivalence between the ills that are supposedly happening to them and the ills happening to the Indigenous people. No, no, they's nothing at all to do with it.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm just going to have trouble.
Speaker 3: Establishing this party, isn't it. It's going to be the party of one. I think the way it's going, well, we'll.
Speaker 2: See how she goes. But if you've ever gone along to any of those pro Palestinian protests, you'd see that messaging is very, very prevalent tying what's happening in Israel and Gaza with what's happening in Australia and saying those causes are very similar. That's a topic for another day, and Nikita, thank you for your time this evening. Joining me now is best selling author and commentator Douglas Murray. Douglas Kamala Harris has gone from hiding from interviews to doing a multitude of them in recent days, from the vacuous and risque Call Her Daddy podcast to sitting down with the Ladies of the View. She also talked to Howard Stern and Stephen Colbert. Colbert asked her how she's different to Joe Biden when.
Speaker 5: We think about the significance of what this next generation of leadership looks like were I to be elected president, it is about Frankly, I love the American people and I believe in our country. I love that it is our character and nature to be an ambitious people. You know, we have aspirations.
Speaker 2: Douglas, Would you like to translate that for us? Are you fluent in a word salad?
Speaker 1: Well, I am, now like all of our rita, I've learned as we all have had two in the last few months. This has been the same sort of thing that she's done in every interview that you've just mentioned. In recent days, people said for a long time, why is Kamala Harris not giving interviews? We knew why it was because of this. She was asked in another this week about the border policy and she started talking about how you know, the American people are and opportunity, and it's the same thing. She just flounders like this, and it's just terrifying, quite frankly. She can't answer a straight question, she can't answer a policy question. She does these horrible, vague ramble and she hasn't even it seems, got them to just think on her feet. I mean, when she's asked, you know, about Joe Biden, she should be able by now to have a stock answer about how terrific he was, but how there's more to do and so on, and she can't do that despite all of these Democrat cheerleaders in the media giving her the softest of softball questions.
Speaker 2: Well, this is what's remarkable. She has had these soft questions and she's still flounders on the view. She was asked about how she would have done things differently over the last four years, and she said she couldn't think of a thing she would do differently. To Joe Biden, I would have thought, if you're the change candidate, you'd have at least a couple of things you'd mentioned there. Now we are hearing in this election time a lot of talk about disinformation and misinformation fact checks. You wrote in the New York Post recently that fact checks have become politicized and it's now not about the objective truth, but what's in the eye of the beholder. Tell me about that. Because it was a time where you could trust a fact check, you knew that was just going to be unequivocally accurate. No longer, Oh.
Speaker 1: That's the case. I mean, I thought this was particularly striking during the vice presidential debates last week. The debate last week when the moderator, once again, as with the presidential debates, only really fact checked one side, which is of course some Republicans. And when they did this with JD. Vance as they'd done it with Donald Trump before. He pushed back against the fact checker and said, actually, what you just said is inaccurate, and he was right as it happened on that occasion. There's this effort at the moment to pretend that the southern border has been pretty secure in recent years because Kamala Harris was for a looser border four years ago. She's for strong board and now it seems to extent that one can divine anything as I say. But JD Vance, you know, picked up on this thing. What the fact checkers were doing was trying to pretend that people who had got a Kamala Harris era effectively slip on immigration were in some ways fully holy American And how dare you say that these guys in Springfield, Ohio weren't as American as you and me? JD was effectively the point of the question. This is something that the media and American in particular, is doing. And it's very striking to me because I've said many times that you know, facts and truth in journalism are absolutely vital, but the very institutions that talk about how vital they are, like for instance, the BBC, which has set up something called BBC Verify in the last year to tell you about facts and to fact check. Keep on getting things wrong and not just wrong. But what's always noticable is they get them wrong in a particular direction. There's a pattern.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 1: You know. You could say objectivity in journalism is completely impossible. Complete objectivity is impossible. Fine, at least you know where some people are coming from. At least you know, as I said in the New York Post, you know that if you pick up a New York Post, we at the New York Post are not soft on crime. We don't love the stuff, we don't like it. So you know where the Post is coming from. On the issues of, for instance, being allowed to ransack your local CVS good or bad, you know the Post will be against that. But these other media, the BBC, ABC and someone that, they all do the same thing. They pretend to be in martial fact checkers. In actual fact, they're just not that subtly pushing everything in a very specific lockstep ideological direction.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, And on the New York Post, it had a remarkable front page recently about Kamala Harrison's husband, Doug Ermhoff, who's accused of slapping a former girlfriend. The allegations. They are terrible. This week there were fresh allegations of misogynistic and inappropriate behavior towards female staff during his stint at a top law firm in Los Angeles. And we know Douglas in his first marriage he cheated on his wife with a nanny, apparently got the nanny pregnant. But their remarkable thing is, despite the salacious nature of these allegations, the media is largely uninterested in following this, and in fact, some segments of the media have painted him as some sort of model of modern healthy masculinity.
Speaker 1: Oh well, well, that's straightforward. How the latter bit happened. He rainbow washed himself, as you saw there. All you have to do now is to wear a Love is Love t shirt and appear at some you know, pride baraide, and then that can sort of absolve you. It's like the Catholic Church throwing holy water on you in the past. So that's why he gets away with that. That and the fact that he's married to the Democrat candidate. You can look, I mean, these allegations, you know, if they were if they were against JD. Vance or Donald Trump or their spouses, if you know. But this would be absolutely front page news. I mean, j d Vance can't grow a beard without the entire Democrat media becoming obsessed about it and asking what it means for the future of the republic or something. If Jadie Vance had been found to have treated women in the ways that Doug Emhoff is accused of treating them, well, you can't pretend that this isn't something that they would take an interest in. Or again, okay, one removed the spouse of the candidate. It's just another demonstration of something. As I say, all of the public can see now. The interesting thing about the era of social media, among other things, is that it's made a lot of this old media completely transparent to the public. They can see the game now they didn't. We didn't used to be able to see the whole game like it's visible now. What was visible to journalists, people who had worked in journalism all their lives twenty years ago is now common knowledge to everybody. You know, the New York Times and stuff. They don't have secrets setting what they think they do, but they don't. We can see them.
Speaker 2: Well. Absolutely. It's possibly why trust in the media is at historic lows, certainly in the US there's been polling showing only one in ten Republicans trust the media. Social media has been a godsend in a lot of ways. Earlier this week, we marked October seven, the first anniversary of the biggest massacre of Jews since the Holocaust, and segments of the media use the date to attack Israel and its ongoing war with her mass The Independent in the UK had this front page, three hundred and sixty five days of horror since October seven, Douglas. They went on to list the number of bombs Israel has dropped, the number of hospitals damaged in Gaza, the number of buildings. You get the idea. They used October seven to highlight the impact of the ca ounter or offensive, not what actually started the war.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course it did. I mean, it's completely sick. But you know, it's a remarkable thing, this reta. And I've been thinking about this this week because a very brilliant skylar called Ruth Wise, ameritus professor at Harvard back from the days when institutions like Harvard really produced top rate people, said, it's quite hard to send thing knew about October seventh, you know, even a year on, because we can see it in plain sight. The terrorists broadcast everything, They didn't hide anything. Ruth Wise said something very interesting. She said, some people in the West have got the ability to understand what that day was against the Jewish state. Not everybody can. The Independent and some other idiots can't tell that. They can't even commemorate an anniversary without trying to flip it onto and another aspect of the story. But what she said that really struck me was she said, we may have the courage to do that, but the West is not displayed the ability to have the courage to identify the perpetrators. Had the courage Some people have had the courage the recognition of who the victims were, but the perpetrators. A year on, How is it possible that there are pro Hamaz demonstrations in Australia, in America, in Canada, across Europe. How come so much of the media has, like the Independent you just showed, they're the extent that it is still a paper. How have they ended up just regurgitating Hamaz figures? Why have we ended up in this period this was, as you say, it was the biggest mass produced since the Holocaust. We have the ability to identify that, But why not to identify the Nazis? Why not to identify the people who did it? Why not ask why it is? In countries like Australia, I have seen these demonstrations of supporters of the Nazis, of the people who did the massacres. Why do we have to see mobs in New York's smashing at car windows screaming support for the Nazis who carried out October seventh is because we met some people still have the ability, thank goodness, to recognize who the victims were, but almost nobody has the courage to identify who the perpetrators were, what's driving them and the fact that they are among us in the West.
Speaker 7: Ah.
Speaker 2: That is an excellent point. That is so true. And you would think all those protesters, how much more credibility they would have and how much more support if they could just condemn her mass even if you want to see the war end that their refusal to could, and in fact, the hostility to those who up to a protest holding a her massa terrorist sign I think speaks volumes before you go. A Russian arms dealer who was known as the Merchant of Death, who was released by the US to Russia as part of a prisoner swap in exchange for w NBA player Britney Griner, He's reportedly selling weapons to the Hooti terrorists who are wreaking havoc in the Red Sea. This looks like a terrible exchange for the US.
Speaker 1: Douglas, it does rather. Brittany Groiner has spent all of her time since being swapped by the US government. She has spent all of her time moaning about how awful the US is. Meantime, this guy ends up continuing his career in this case, arming terrorists wasn't a good deal that you know, maybe there's I mean, I always think that, you know, you can't judge what somebody, somebody who's been arrested and detained in the way that Brittany grind has. You can't judge what they they do to some extent because they've been through a terrible circumstance. But you'd have thought that there could be some gratitude to the country that nurtured them, made them rich, that they had slightly let down, and which had saved them. But no, no, of course, in our time, as you know, Reacher, as we've spoken about before, You can never express gratitude to a Western democracy. It's got to be moaning and carping and all of that and whining, but never gratitude, never realizing how lucky we are in the West, how lucky we are in America, in Australia and Britain and Europe. Never that, never gratitude, always whining.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's all about victimhood. That's the currency these days. Douglas. Thank you so much for your time this evening.
Speaker 1: It's a great pleasure. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Still to come a lefties are losing it. Plus Kamala Harris kicks back with a beer while Florida prepares great deadly hurricane. Welcome back, and now it's time for lefties losing it. And you may have heard about the white dudes for Kamala group. They're typically described as weak, COVID crazy, soy boy losers, but that sort of characterization is deeply unfair. Just look at this strapping young man charging like a buck wild bull at a Trump supporter. You can tell which ones are Kamala fans. They're the ones wearing masks outdoors in twenty twenty four, and they're the ones screaming abuse and threats Ida. She seems nice if she doesn't want her boy man handled, and perhaps tell him not to attack folks. Pretty simple, I would have thought. Now. CNN might be chock full of left is losing it, but sometimes they have a lone conservative up against the crazy Libs. And often that lone conservative is Scott Jennings, and God bless him, he just keeps recording w's.
Speaker 7: This is what Kamala Harrison Tom is that is none of your business what women do with their body, and so stay out of our doctor's offices and stay out of.
Speaker 2: Our bat well.
Speaker 6: I guess I had to speak up for the babies. They're not here to speak with themselves.
Speaker 7: Lord of mercy.
Speaker 2: Now, Kamala has been doing interviews with lefties all week, from the Call Her Daddy podcast to Stephen Colbert to the truly vile ho Howard Stern, who is apparently a male feminist nowadays.
Speaker 6: Do you think there are people who will not vote for a woman because she's a woman. You know, my best associations in radio and in business have been collaborating with women, and I don't understand this philosophy, especially guys who have daughters and sisters and mothers.
Speaker 2: This is the same Howard Stern who fantasized about sexually assaulting school shooting victims and sexualized the Olsen twins when they were just thirteen years old.
Speaker 6: There was like really good looking girls running out of there with their hands.
Speaker 1: Over their heads.
Speaker 5: Ye are still working?
Speaker 6: Does kids try to have sex with any of the good looking girls? They didn't even do that at least if you're going to go kill yourself and kill all the kids, why wouldn't you have some sex? And then they said, oh, get the Olsen twins, Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen.
Speaker 5: Where did they have to?
Speaker 6: Well, those are the two kids from Full House? Remember the two little girls from Full House? Here another like thirteen and they're pieces of ass.
Speaker 2: And he wasn't just vile about women and children. He also thought this was funny.
Speaker 6: Hey Rabin, what does you call a black rocket scientist?
Speaker 2: I don't know, but you know, anything can be forgiven and forgotten if you become a rabbit anti Trumper. Here's Howard Stern talking about how much he hates Trump voters.
Speaker 6: I don't hate the game. I hate the people who vote for him. I think they're stupid. I do I'll be honest with you. I have no respect for you.
Speaker 2: Joining me now with the latest from the US is Guy News contributor Kosher Gaeta Kosher. While Florida is hit with Hurricane Milton, which has pounded the state with ferocious one hundred mile per hour winds, producing a series of devastating tornadoes, the Vice President, the woman who wants to be leader of the free world, was kicking back having a beer with late night lefty TV hosts Stephen Colbert.
Speaker 1: I'm just curious.
Speaker 5: Okay, the last time I had beer was at a baseball game with Dougs. Okay, cheers, there you.
Speaker 2: Go, Kosher. We have hundreds dead after Hurricane Helene. We've got many more missing, injured, homeless. Hurricane Milton was about to make landfall in Florida, and the VP is lying about the Florida Governor Ron DeSantis and giggling and drinking beer with Colbert. I mean to me, that should be the next Trump ad.
Speaker 7: And it probably very well will be heater before this hour is up. He's been doing this thing where he just takes live raw footage of her and says, I'm Donald Trump. I approved this message. Look, I think on a macro level. It is interesting to see that she's suddenly doing this media blitz abeit with friendly outlets. It is I think telling a little bit because it's an about turn from the strategy her campaign was pursuing in the last thirty five days or so. But the specific outlet, the way it was set up with the beer and the laughing and all of that with the backdrop of unfortunately, despite the evacuation orders, we are going to see hundreds of people die, and hundreds of people already did with Hurricane Helene. It's a fair point. It does come across as not the best judgment or a little bit tone deaf. And I'll make another second quick point too. I get late night TV and it's meant to be sort of fun and drinking and all that on there is appropriate millions of people do. But I don't think it was actually the smartest move for her, because there have been memes on the internet about her, you know, maybe being a little bit more prone to the drinking and also just just trying to establish herself as a serious person, and I don't know that that really helps advance that. So on multiple levels, I don't think it was a wise move, but you know, in the media cycle that we're in, it'll probably be forgotten and covered with her next and some of the next double what she's going to do.
Speaker 2: You're right there, Kosha. Even Saturday Night Live that made some jokes about Kamala's fondness for wine. I think it's a little bit unfair, but that narrative is certainly out there now. Hurricane Milton has made land fall. Over five million Floridians have been forced to evacuate, marking the largest mass evacuation in over a decade. Over one million homes are without power. Here's what Florida Governor Ron Dessanta's had to say.
Speaker 8: We have seen a weakening of the storm over the last twenty four hours. We also saw it sped up, which means it's hitting the Gulf coast prior to high tide, which we hope will help mitigate some of the storm surge. There's already been one hundred and sixteen tornado warnings, with nineteen confirmed touchdowns throughout the state, nine flash flood warnings, and four additional flood watches, with many many more to come.
Speaker 2: Kosher. This is the second major storm to hit the US this month and famous response has been widely criticized as inadequate and this organized How much of an issue is this going to be coming up to the election because this has hit multiple states. It's not just Florida with Hurricane and Helene. We saw Georgia, North South Carolina all impacted.
Speaker 7: It is on top of just the natural disaster and the loss of life, it is becoming a political story on two fronts. One is it's highlighting another dysfunction in the government or misaligned priorities where the FEMA funding has been slow to come out or constrain to seven hundred dollars per person and were juxtaposed against the thousands of dollars that are being spent on housing illegal immigrants, on foreign interventions and all of that. It's just not about a good look and it certainly goes to the heart of the contrast between the two campaigns. Secondarily, it's also going to potentially play a role in the actual mechanics of the election, especially Georgia and North Carolina that are swing states and that have been won and lost in the last two elections. On Razor Raiser within margins ten fifty thousand votes, you could see that coming to bear if certain people can't actually get to the polls or the mail in ballots got destroyed in flooding, you know, wherever they were in the postal system. So that's a real problem too. There is thirty days or twenty eight days left to try and remedy that, but it very well could have an impact now.
Speaker 2: As Kamala Harris ramps up her last minute media blitz, Donald Trump has joined comedian Andrew Schultz on his podcast Flagrant, and Trump was in a fine form joking about Joe Biden's ability to fall asleep at the beach when you're ready two.
Speaker 9: Typically bathing suits are going to make you look great. You're not going to be enhanced, all right, It's just one of those things.
Speaker 2: I can't be sure about that.
Speaker 9: But typically you know he's packing.
Speaker 5: He could.
Speaker 9: I don't know why the helly's packing, but I don't want to and I don't want to know. I don't know, but he has an ability to fall asleep while on camera. He can lie down on one of those things and in minutes he's stone called out kosher.
Speaker 2: He also gave an insight into consequential matters, including his relationship with various world leaders, His comments about Mody were particularly interesting. He said, he's as tough as nails.
Speaker 9: He's the nicest human being. But we had a couple of occasions where somebody was threatening India.
Speaker 6: I said, let me help.
Speaker 9: I'm very good with those people.
Speaker 1: Let me help.
Speaker 9: I will do it. I will do it, and I will do anything necessary. We've defeated them for hundreds of years. Wow, he was talking about a certain country you can probably get but I said, WHOA, what happened there? So No, they're all tough, and they're all smart, and some of very good people. He's a good person, Some are good people, and some aren't good people, but they're all at the top of their game.
Speaker 2: Kosher just the world apart from what we see with Kamala's podcast appearance, whether it's a call her Daddy, where she was just giving platitudes, just doing the usual messaging that she would do on CNN or anywhere else. She didn't seem to relax and understand the medium. And even with Stephen Colbert there just was an authenticity there. They're just very different. And I do wonder whether these appearances they're doing on podcasts and platforms we don't normally see candidates. It's going to have a real impact leading up to that pole date on November five.
Speaker 7: I think that's the open question. It remains to be seen, but it is clear that Trump, his sense of humor, I've always said, is actually very underreaded. He actually really is quite funny. If people are able to look past the various quirks of his personality that many people don't like, he's actually really funny. And he has that common touch where he's able to just go and engage with people from all sorts of different ages and generations and formats and Bob and weave between making a joke of how when you're eighty two probably shouldn't be wearing a bathing suit in public, to talking about world affairs and Prime Minister Remodi of India and everything in between. And you're right, she does come across as more I've used this word synthetic or inauthentic or manufactured, where she's sort of got these programming notes in her head. You can see it, and she just keeps going back to those phrases or catchphrases or buzzwords that we've heard so many times, as opposed to be able to go with the flow. I think the fact that Trump is going on these podcasts and even Kama Harris will call her daddy is going to be interesting to see. Is it going to get out younger voters? These are typically listeners of these media outlets who don't show up to vote in general as much. And if we see a little bit of a lift in this election of the young vote, I do think that some of it probably could be attributed to the fact that they've really broadened the landscape of media outlets that they speak to as opposed to just sticking with the five corporate media outlets.
Speaker 2: Now to another knucklehead moment from Kamala Harris's running mate Tim Walls, who said the US needs to get rid of the electoral college. The comments were made during his speech at a fundraiser at the home of far left California Governor Gavin Newsom. The Harris Walls campaign has walked back those comments, already, saying in a statement that Walls believes that every vote matters in the electoral college and that he was merely commenting commenting to a crowd of strong supporters about how the campaign is built to win two hundred and seventy electoral votes. I don't know how they can explain that comment in those terms. But Tim Walls just seems to be a walking, talking disaster. Every time he's in front of a microphone, something goes wrong, whether it's a debate, an interview, or at a fundraiser.
Speaker 7: Here, Yes, and you know, maybe calls into question how much vetting had been done when you have this truncated campaign and she's just basically came out of nowhere to come along the ticket in seventy five days. Maybe this is a consequence of that. Not that Tim Waltz hasn't been around. He has been for a while, but not on the national stage. In terms of the electoral college thing, the Democrat Party has been crying about that for a long time because they do tend to win the popular vote even if they lose the electoral college. Hillary Clinton famously had that happen to her and made sort.
Speaker 2: Of jabs similar jobs.
Speaker 7: They talk about packing the Supreme Court, which is another thing that they flirt with, where if you don't like the current balance, you can have more judg justice added to it to change the ratio. They talk about giving statehood to Puerto Rico, which would also go to damaging the electoral College in its current state. So I think that is a belief held in many corners of the Democrat Party, and he just let it come out.
Speaker 2: Yep, he said. The Quiet out loud has done that a few times. And this is what's so remarkable about this election because Trump is presented as this threat to democracy, threat to norms, threat to the republic. But it's the Democrats, as you've just explained, who are challenging everything from the legitimacy of the Supreme Court to the electoral college system. Now sixty Minutes has come under intense criticism. We talked about this last night. It seems they've tried to save Kamala Harris removing one of her most incoherent answers from what was aired on Monday evening in the US. Here's a preview clip that Sixty Minutes themselves posted on Sunday. It's her full answer, which was widely mocked.
Speaker 8: But it seems that Prime Minister in Netnya who is not listening well.
Speaker 5: Bill, The work that we have done has resulted in a number of of movements in that region by Israel that we're very much prompted by or a result of many things, including our advocacy for what needs to happen in the region.
Speaker 2: But he is what view is actually sold on Monday, not on television.
Speaker 1: But it seems that Prime Minister Netanyahho is not listening.
Speaker 5: We are not going to stop pursuing what is necessary for the United States to be clear about where we stand on the need for this war to end.
Speaker 2: How do you explain that Kosher.
Speaker 7: The power of editing, it can take the rambling and the ribos and make it look more coherent, even though I will say even the edited piece had far too many words, like she always uses ten to twelve words where one word would suffice, and really effective communicators are good at using fewer words. Because you make the point sharper. It also goes to the point of how there are two realities. And there's sort of the younger group or the more high information consumers out there who live in social media and on the internet and on x who did see and we'll see those unedited comments they went viral. And then you've got the more traditional maybe more baby boomers, people still consuming only corporate media, intelligence media.
Speaker 2: We'll see that will be Nune the wiser kosher, they'll be numb the wiser. Thank you so much for your time. This evening still to come. The shocking sexual abuse allegations made by Lisa Marie Presley in her posthumously released memoir You're Watching the Reader Panny Show. Joining me now is celebrity and royal commentator Kinsey Schofield. Kinsey Ellen de Generes has copped major backlash on social media after reposting this, you can't tell someone you love them and then vote for someone that will hurt them. Here are some of the top comments underneath her posts. There were literally thousands. One user said, I'm gay and I'm voting for Trump. Do I hate myself? Absolutely not. Messages like this are what spreads hate. Another user said Trump respects gays, even hosts their weddings at mare Lago, and another one said, as a lesbian, I had more under Trump. He's got my vote, and I read through hundreds of these. Obviously I didn't read it. Over all, twenty seven thousand odd and overwhelmingly they were attacking Ellen DeGeneres for the position she took, calling it simplistic, saying it was spreading hate and doing the opposite of what she was claiming, what do you make of this little saga?
Speaker 4: I mean, Ellen's been counseled since twenty twenty. America loves a good comeback story. But for the love of God, please go away. You've got plenty of money, you have a trophy wife that's way too good for you. You're a hypocrite and we see read through you. I mean, please just go away. That is what I would say. You know, if she went away, we might have time to forgive and forget. But she just keeps reminding us why. She's just so annoying.
Speaker 2: She's and hypocrite is the key word, because she for so long, her entire image was about being kind, and then she was exposed as being anything but behind the scenes. Now, a number of celebrities have come forward to donate for relief efforts following two major hurricanes, and country music star Jason Oldean and his wife among them. They contributed five hundred thousand dollars personally to Donald Trump's GoFundMe, and the pair joined the former president to give over a seven million dollar check to Hurricane Helene victims. A number of other stars kin Zev also made personal donations, including other country music stars Morgan Wallen, Dolly Parton. Is there a major fundraising effort or concert or anything like that that's being organized. The widespread devastation in parts of the country, you would think would call for something more coordinated to occur.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 4: I think we will see that in the next coming you know, in the next few weeks. I believe we'll see something like that. What I can tell you is Taylor Swift five million, NFL collectively eight million, Miranda Lambert and Mutt Nation her Foundation one hundred thousand dollars to make sure that all of those pets are taken care of. Avanka Trump and her children went to volunteer in North Carolina and delivered three hundred starlink systems from SpaceX and Elon. So you know, there is a huge push. But bizarre that most of the people you and I list off are country stars. Where's George Clooney, Where's Harry and Meghan? Where are all of these virtue signalers? You and I just literally listed, you know, the Country Music Awards list, and not all of these Hollywood big wigs that tell us how we should spend our money and live our lives.
Speaker 2: Well, didn't beyond s go country. You would think she'd be donating something. One of the richest pop stars in the world, and she's put out of country album, so you would hope she's got some interest in that area. Now, the lawyers for the woman who has accused another country superstar, Garth Brooks, of sexual assault. Her lawyers have said they will be moving for maximum sanctions against Brooks after he publicly named the woman and announced that he's the victim of a shakedown. The woman's attorney said Garth Brooks just revealed his true self out of spite and to punish. He publicly named a rape victim. The woman's attorney also said, with no legal justification, Brooks outed her because he thinks the laws don't apply to him. What else can you tell us about this case? It's getting very ugly, isn't.
Speaker 4: It getting so ugly to the point where it feels too personal? And I will say that it is my personal opinion, based on covering this over the last week for Court TV, that this could be an extortion case, a consensual relationship that went south, and it's hard to digest allegations after you calm through the submitted evidence. And this woman in her attorney knew that this would hurt Garth and Tricia's pristine brand. But some of that evidence leaves real question marks surrounding the truth behind the relationship between this accuser and Garth Brooks.
Speaker 2: Well, you talked about some of that evidence that's public now. The text message exchanges are illuminating to say the laista, How is Garth Brooks's wife standing by him throughout this?
Speaker 4: And I do think that Tricia Yearwood is probably humiliated. We've discussed that there were rumors that they got together and he was married to another woman and she was married to another man. So this has to be I hate to use the word karmic, but it has to feel very awkward and awful for her. I don't you know, I think she's going to stand by her man, just tell me, why not? Said, I think she's just going to do it. But this is going If it turns out that he had this affair, it will hurt their brand, but it's not going to hurt their brand as much as a sexual assault would.
Speaker 2: Oh, of course, not, of course not now. Elvis Presley's late daughter, Lisa Marie Presley, has had a memoir From Here to the Great Unknown published and it's got some disturbing allegations in at Kinsey. In it, she alleges that she was molested by her mother, Priscilla's ex boyfriend, an actor called Mike Edwards, when she was just ten years old. What else can you tell us about this?
Speaker 4: Reader? In Mike Edward's nature eighty eight book Elvis, Priscilla and Me, Edwards wrote how he was craving Lisa sexually. He wrote that Priscilla and I had once been inseparable, and it was now Lisa and I who were together almost every day. Soon I found I was looking at my watch waiting for Lisa to get out of school, just as Elvis had once waited for Priscilla. He said he'd fallen in love with his girlfriend's daughter. Now he's denying these allegations today. But you could not write that nineteen eighty eight book today. That is disgusting. And you know, reading those words versus Lisa's, you have to it gives Lisa some credibility from beyond the grave.
Speaker 2: Oh, absolutely, that is disturbing. In day Kinsey, Schofield, thank you so much for your time, and that's all the time we have. I'll say you tomorrow and I for Left, he's losing it. At nine point thirty, good Night,