Speaker 1: On Scorne Lives Australia. It's the Reader Paney Show.
Speaker 2: Good evening and welcome to the Riata Panehy Show.
Speaker 3: Coming up tonight the New South Wales liberals in disarray? Will we see a leadership challenge? We'll cross to Chicago for the latest from the Democratic National Convention and the fallout from Harry and Meghan's tour of poverty stricken Columbia.
Speaker 2: And as we do each and every night, left He's losing it or joining me?
Speaker 3: No Is Mensis Research Center Senior fellow and also columnists with the Australian newspaper, Nick Kita.
Speaker 2: Nick, you're in Hungary this week. Every time I speak to you somewhere new.
Speaker 3: But I do want to speak about a column you've written for the Australian newspaper warning the Labor government against its big Australia by stealth push, pointing to the UK as an example of why mass migration with minimum controls could be a breeding ground for ethnic tensions and social disharmony. One could argue the Albanesi government is even more reckless than what we've seen in the UK, given their gaza policy. Even the UK has been more careful in who they let in from that region.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they certainly have read it. I mean the UK's big failing is the inability to control their borders.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: They say it's impossible, they say, to stop these small boats which are dangerously overladen with the asylum seekers crossing the channel. Whatever happened to the British navy by the way, I mean, it used to be able to fend off the Spanish Amatyr or Hitler. Now they can't do with a few small boats. That's the big problem. One hundred and twenty five thousand people have come that way in the last three years, and as I've poured out in the column, that is at the heart of this ethnic tension, there's no other word for it on the streets of Britain. And the focus in Britain has been on those hotels that have been taken over to become kind of mini Christmas Island detention centers right across Britain, more than three hundred of them, I think. So this is where the tension lies. And the point about Australia is well yes, and the alban Ezi is sensibly kept most of the border protection policies which he opposed of course in opposition, but he's kept them in place. We do deal with boats, although there's been some softening as we know some boats have landed. But on multiple other levels, he's letting the Australian population down. One on Gaza, letting these people in from Gaza who have no idea who they are. And the other one, of course, allowing dangerous criminals back onto the streets, people who should rightly be deported because they're not Australian citizens. So those two things, I think combined mean that we are in a terrible place and people have completely lost faith in the government's ability to handle migration. And when that happens, you know, it really is a very dangerous situation for Australia.
Speaker 3: There was no reason for Anthony Albernezi to go against every other Western country and bring in thousands of people from a region like Gaza that is controlled by her mass. Why he would do that, why would inflict troubles upon his own government, is beyond me. You think it'd have enough on his plate with the cost of living crisis that we're tackling at the moment.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's got form, though, hasn't he read? I mean, if you go back into the handside. Do you see that he was strongly opposed to John Howard's Tampa solution. He believed that all those asylum seekers on board the Tampa should be let into Australia and he even accused Gary Hargraves, who was in the Member for Morden mild Manner Gary Hargraves of being a racist for supporting John Howard's policies on this. So you know it does a leopard change its spots? I don't think so. I think at heart he's an out and out open borders, let them all in lefty. That's what we have in our Prime minister. He tries to keep them undercover, but not very well. Right at this moment.
Speaker 3: Now, I want to speak to you about the crisis in the New South Wales Liberals in a second.
Speaker 2: But first I saw this public health study from the.
Speaker 3: US that was just fascinating, showing that trust in doctors and hospitals had decreased substantially over the course of the pandemic. A fifty state survey of American adults found that in every sociodemographic group among the four hundred and forty three thousand odd unique respondents, trust in physicians and hospitals had decreased significantly. It's gone from seventy one point five percent in April twenty twenty to forty percent in January twenty twenty four. And Nick, I'd love to see a similar study in Australia and the UK and every other place that went COVID crazy.
Speaker 2: I'd say we'd probably get similar results.
Speaker 3: Maybe not as stark as that, but I know a lot of people who had great faith in the expert class in general who now question everything they hear.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is a tragic outcome from COVID. It was always going to happen. I mean some of us wrote about it at the time that if you have these coercive measures, coercive public health policy can work for a short time, but in the end it undermines trust in the whole health service and the public health process and leads to a distrustful population. There's literature on that, there's academic studies on that, but all those were ignored. But I think what's tragic here is we all ought to be able to trust the advice of our own doctor. I mean, even I do. I mean, from time to time you've got to go to him, and you expect him to know what he's talking about. But unfortunately, doctors gps were forced to give one line, and one line only, the official public health line, even though I know I know several doctors, two of whom I consulted, who had severe doubts about giving the vaccine, particularly to the under seventy five, so you know, to healthy people under seventy five, which I'm still I think in that category. They had severe doubts about that, but they couldn't voice them.
Speaker 1: They had to.
Speaker 4: It was almost like a sort of official Soviet line they had to impose, and they did it very unhappily, and I think as a result of that, people have lost trust in their GP, which is really worrying, and that's where they right from the start, I felt what they should have said is, you know, here's our public health guidelines, but go and see a GP. Take his advice, because he can take into account whether you're seventy five kilos or one hundred and seventy five, whether there as smoker, whether or not, all those things. But of course none of that happened. It was all top down, Dan Andrews down sort of management, and the doctors had to play along with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I think it went well beyond the vaccines and questions about whether they should be essentially mandatory or not.
Speaker 2: I think it was the health effects of.
Speaker 3: The lockdown, the fact that we were told there was consensus amongst the medical community that lockdowns were a way to go to minimize health risk, when there were plenty of experts speaking out, often at great cost to themselves, saying no, this is normally not how we handle a pandemic by locking up healthy people. In fact, the health outcomes could be significantly worse than the long term for all.
Speaker 2: Sorts of things, And yet there was just this.
Speaker 3: Censorship and hostility towards anyone who was questioning the official line. Now two New South Wales two GB hosts Ray Hadley read out private text messages live on air that revealed just how divided the New South Wales liberals have become. Hadley has called on the party to do something to stop whining and challenge the moderates running the show.
Speaker 6: Let's have a spill, Let's see what happens here, and let's see if the right have the courage, they might get beaten by the left, but let's have a bit of a blue to actually show the electorate to New South Wales. You people on the right, you know who I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: You people on the right, have a dig.
Speaker 6: Stop sending me text messages, cowardly letting me be your mouthpiece. Get on the air now and tell the left of your party you've had a gutfull of them. You know who you are from the right, Anthony Roberts, Alistair Henskins, Come on, get on here and challenge them.
Speaker 3: Nick, what do you make of this saga and the divisions in the New South Wales libs?
Speaker 4: Well, it was always too much for stuff up to be put down to incompetence, wasn't it. And now what's coming out is what a lot of us had imagined all along, that it's incompetence plus factionalism. You know that we've got done harm Whin as president, who is a factional player, who, according to these texts from manister Henskins, was trying to get his own people into the council nomination slots and that was what held the whole thing up. All that is absolutely true to form. It's exactly what happened at the last federal election. As you remember when Alex Hawk on behalf of the Prime Minister of the day held up the pre selection process then, because they wanted to ensure that people friendly to his side of politics got in. This is the bit about the Liberal Party, or politics more generally, because it happens across all parties, including the Greens incidentally, that I find really distasteful. I mean, a lot of us see politics as the way to get things done, the way to achieve better outcomes for the population. But unfortunately there are many people, not all of them, I used to say, but many people in politics who have just purely selfish and egotistical reasons to be in there, to pump up their own tires, to boost their own faction, and it's a game for them. I think this is disgraceful because people vote for parties to achieve something better in their life, not to mortar some factional balance in New South Wales. So the sooner we can read this out of the Liberal Party, if you can weed it out of the Liberal Party, it might just be a part of politics the better and I think, but certainly Don Harwin's position is untenable.
Speaker 3: I would have thought it was untenable, but he is holding on for dear life. And this is an issue we've got in the Liberals here in Victoria, We've got it in New South Wales. I've seen it elsewhere in the country where these moderates, if you want to use a nicer term than bedwetters or smaller liberals, whatever you want to call them, they seem to be completely preoccupied with defeating conservatives within their own party and that seems to be their number one priority above battling labor, battling the Greens. Actually I don't know getting elected. It seems to be to strip the Liberal Party or any remaining conservative voices, and I think that is largely behind the debacle we saw or with that deadline being missed in New South Wales. Now, before you go, let's talk about crime in Queensland, particularly in regional Queensland.
Speaker 2: That the rates have soared and they're exceeding those.
Speaker 3: Of metropolitan areas, with some areas seeing crime four times the rate that's in the city type of look at the Graftsman ISAs crime rate.
Speaker 2: You look at that compared to.
Speaker 3: Say South Brisbane, you've got foury twenty to seven hundred and thirteen per hundred thousand people. So a massive difference, and the trend has been rising for years across most of Queensland. Nick, do you see this as a significant issue leading up to the state election.
Speaker 4: I think it's a huge issue Reado. I mean, you know, as you know, law and order is a thing that people direct their anger largely at the state government when things aren't going right, and in this case for good reason. You know, you've got a progressive leaning, sort of Inner Brisbane focused government in place that has all those same sort of defund the police instincts, so that they don't actually say that as people in Los Angeles, San Francisco or Minneapolis, so that's where they're coming from. They've got that ideological bent. Plus you've got the imposition of the getting rid of the cash list welfare card and the other dreadful measures that have happened at the federal level which are causing a lot of these problems out in place like Mount Isaer and Townsville, and you've just got a recipe for lawlessness. I think the police clearly need not only to be better funded, but given a free hand. We've got to take the handbrakes off the police and say you get on and do what you used to do back in the nineteen sixties, and don't worry about all everything else that's going on. Just just get out there and keep the streets safe. Queenslanders have a right to expect that, and the government right now is not delivering for them.
Speaker 2: Nick Kaita, thank you so much for your time this evening.
Speaker 3: Joining me now is journalists and documentary filmmaker Army Horowitz. Day three of the Democratic National Convention has seen everyone from Stevie Wonder to Oprah to Nancy Poise and Bill Clinton spake. Old Bill made a point to attack Donald Trump on foreign policy. Army, how impactful has the DNC been in reaching undecided voters or those who are not particularly politically engaged.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Look, traditionally you always get a bit of a bump after your convention. I think that I'll probably be a little bit blunted by the fact that she's already kind of sugar high after the coup against Joe Biden. So I think there'll be a little bit of a bump, not much. I mean, the truth is the numbers, maybe seven percent of the country are watching on average the DNC every night. That's seven percent of the most politically engaged people that exist in the country. So I don't think it's a matter a whole lot when it comes independent. But the fact is that you made me do prep by watching Pelosi and Bill Clinton's speeches and rita. That's thirty five minutes I'm not getting back.
Speaker 1: So I'm a little bit peeved at you, to be honest. But you know, look, there's a bunch of takeaways. Yeah, looks what I do for eleven l It's fine.
Speaker 7: I think it's a couple of interesting takeaways on that. First of all, there's this narrative now that you're hearing, right. The narrative initially was Joe Biden is one hundred percent fine, Joe Biden is the top of his game. Well, the new Democratic talking point is, oh, we are so thankful to Joe Biden for stepping down and allowing this to take Are you kidding me?
Speaker 1: Nancy Pelogi shipped.
Speaker 7: Him in the back, right, which is going on about how great Joe Biden, how wonderfully was stepping down. He too, Pelosi, That's exactly how this went down.
Speaker 1: You know, it's so weird.
Speaker 7: And of course, can you feel the joy, right, can you feel the happiness? Yeah, it's all good vibes. You know, the left are the most unhappy people I've ever seen in my life. You know, when somebody says joy, feel the joy, too often you have to wonder if.
Speaker 1: They really actually mean it. So, yeah, look, it is what it is. Traditionally you get a little bit of a bump from this.
Speaker 7: I think she'll get a little bit, but this is really the this is her high right, It's not going to get better than this for her, and it's really still within spinning range.
Speaker 1: So if I'm the Trump campaign, I'm actually pretty happy with where I am.
Speaker 3: Well, you're right about the fake joy. I've been watching more than forty five minutes. I've been watching the whole thing daily, and there's a lot of anger there.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of attacks.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of talk about unity and happiness and joy and bringing the country together, but then they spend so much time attacking half the country, and that ugliness is outside the venue as well. Well, it's fact far worse you've been in the midst of it. Those protests continue outside the DNC in the streets of Chicago.
Speaker 2: Police are now having to sharp in enormous numbers.
Speaker 3: There was a counter protests a group of pro Israeli activists and that had to be protected army because the so called Love and Tolerance Brigade wanted to attack them. You've seen a lot of this with your own eyes. What is the mood like in the streets there?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't just see it, Rita.
Speaker 7: I felt that when these thugs were wrestling with me after my little stunt with them. Actually, truth, I don't blame them, you know. First of all, I want to say something. They're such litter bugs. I can't I have photos of the amount of trash these people leave. All their signs are left on the streets. They can to clean up after themselves, Rita, It's horrible. No, there's there's yeah, there's no good vibes.
Speaker 1: There's no joy among these people.
Speaker 7: These are not people who are going to get Kamala's support, despite the fact that she is cow telling to them, despite the fact that Joe Biden says they have a.
Speaker 1: Point, like they can try to bend the knee as.
Speaker 7: Much as they want to these animals, they are simply not going to support them. And look, you know what, there's a bunch of Jewish groups within the DNC who've had meetings. They've had to have these meetings in secret. Literally they can announce where these meetings are because they're afraid of physical violence from the hard left. That's what's going on, as opposed to the RNC, where Jewish people on stage saying bring the hostages back. They are vetted in the RNC, but the DNC they're like Maran, They're like the Moranos. They have to live in hiding among the Democrats because of violence.
Speaker 2: Well, this is the thing.
Speaker 3: He did give a good speech today, but he should pay VP. Anyone with any sense can see he is the most Well, he's a natural choice. Is the governor, very popular governor of Pennsylvania, a state that she needs to win if she's going to prevail. And to overlook him, essentially to appease those anti Israeli segments of the party I think is absolutely shameful. And there is a lot of division in the Democrats there trying to present this picture of one big, happy family and united, but Biden's obviously angry. He's not even there, he's not talking to Nancy Pelosi. It's going to be interesting to see these rifts, and someone's going to write the story one day about how that coup happened. Who made the final call? Was it Nancy Pelosi? Was it Barack Obama? Was he threatened with that was a twenty.
Speaker 2: Five the amendment? Will we one day know how it all happened?
Speaker 5: Me?
Speaker 7: It's yes, yes, and yes, yes, it is all of those things. I mean, yeah, they're they're they're definitely trying to make it a happy, go lucky We're all one big family. I know that watching CNN's coverage and MSNBC's coverage of this, of the d n C, they certainly.
Speaker 1: Are putting on a happy face. They're talking about how wonderful Tim waltzs was, what a great choice it was.
Speaker 7: It was a massive unforced error by Kamala and the Democratic Party to to to pass over Jos Shapiro, who may have given them the election, like you said, because really the ballgame is Pennsylvania.
Speaker 1: You ever wins Pennsylvania is gonna win this election.
Speaker 7: He's he's incredibly popular in Pennsylvania, and and they chose.
Speaker 1: Uh, let's again, let's be honest.
Speaker 7: Uh, this is a far leftist uh wack a doodle who supports people who are who have who have made stated support for October seventh, Right, this is the guy. This is a guy who has said who trying to push through an agenda of taking children away from their parents who are transgenderal.
Speaker 1: And by the way, that's a real thing.
Speaker 7: I know that the Democratic Party and the media carrying their water trying to say it's fake news.
Speaker 1: It's not fake news. I went into it.
Speaker 7: That's exactly what the courts we're going to be in bold to do. There was a massive mistake, and I think, look, if she loses, I think we can go back and point that and say that might have been the reason why she end up losing.
Speaker 3: Well, not only is he a far left socialist and he's proud of the socialist tag, but you know, putting tampons in boys restrooms throughout schools.
Speaker 2: But he's a governor of a state.
Speaker 3: That doesn't matter. So how she could have made that call is beyond me. And if it costs her the election, well there'll be a few books.
Speaker 2: Written about that.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: Donald Trump held his first outdoor rally since the assassination attempt on his life just over a month ago. He appeared behind bulletproof glass alongside his running mate JD.
Speaker 2: Vance. This is a sad development army.
Speaker 3: It's necessary obviously in the current environment, particularly when you've got the Democrats on mass calling him a threat to democracy and a threat to the future of the Republic. But to say him behind that glass, I think it's an indictment on the current state of things in the US.
Speaker 7: It's in particular indictment of the Democratic Party in the left right, because you don't see Joe Biden or Kamala Harris having a hide behind plexiglass and bulletproof glass.
Speaker 1: I think it's a hallmark of the left.
Speaker 7: I did a video where I walked around the day after the assassination attempt asking people in New York how they felt about it, and the vast majority of people I spoke to felt it was a lost opportunity.
Speaker 1: They hoped he was killed, They wish he was killed.
Speaker 7: Yeah, look, I mean, I don't want to waste the time of your audience going through the list of left as violence. But Steve Scalise, Congressman, Republican congressman was shot by Bernie Sander supporters at a cogrecial baseball game. Uh Supreme Court Justice Kavanaugh assassination attempt in his home, and of course Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: This is a hallmark of the left. They use violence as political means. This is nothing new.
Speaker 7: I think can go historically and look at the left and see that they use violence because the only way they get their agenda pushed across.
Speaker 1: It's a problem.
Speaker 7: I'm not saying that there's no violence on the right whatsoever, but if we look at modern day history, we can see the majority of it's coming from the hard left. Not again, not left of center democrats, but hard left people who are part of the democratic constituency.
Speaker 1: This is where most of the violence is coming from.
Speaker 2: We're being honest, Amy Horwitz, thank you so much for your time.
Speaker 1: This savening always a pleasure.
Speaker 2: Reader still to come. I left lazing it and Canadians c I. Vaughn and Donald Trump discussed welcome back.
Speaker 3: Now it's time for lefties losing it. Let's have a look at some of the insanity on the streets of Chicago from anti American left is. Watch here as a lone man tries to stop the American flag being set alight as masked maniacs scream in his face.
Speaker 7: Not on florry.
Speaker 2: They did burn the flag.
Speaker 3: They don't just hate Trump and Conservatives, they hate Israel. They hate America, they hate Western civilization, but at least they're open about their far left lunacy.
Speaker 2: Inside the they're trying to pretend they're.
Speaker 3: Just like the rest of the country. They're even playing country music. But the only thing that really unites these people is a hatred of their political opponents. Watch as this transactivist is given the mic to announce the new Jersey delegates are back in Kamala, but instead he goes on some pronoun announcing anti Trump rant instead.
Speaker 8: My name is doctor Joey Brolla pronounced she her hers.
Speaker 1: I'm a crowd president of a garden.
Speaker 2: See.
Speaker 7: I'm prod stand with Doubla Harris and Tim Wall because they stand with the LGBTQ community.
Speaker 5: It's time to turn the page on Trump hurt.
Speaker 2: Thank you, dude, you had one job. It wasn't that.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: Let's look at the sort of projection and hypocrisy that the DNC provides and I'll take your breath away. Let's start with former First Lady Michelle Obama talking about the Republicans being against children. But really she's talking here about Republicans being against children who are being transitioned with dangerous irreversible.
Speaker 9: Treatments, demonizing our children for being who they are and loving who they love. Look, that doesn't make anybody's life better.
Speaker 3: And here Michelle talks about how bad greedy is, how you should be suspicious of those who want more than their share. But thanks to Daily Wire for reminding us of the wealth Michelle and Baraque have accumulated.
Speaker 9: She and my father didn't aspire to be wealthy. In fact, they were suspicious of folks who took more than they needed.
Speaker 3: She paid more than one thousand dollars for those shoes that pay that much, never to see them again.
Speaker 2: They're all full.
Speaker 3: But while they're pretending to be all about jaw and positivity, Baraka Michelle Obama did again push the politics of envy, grievance, racial division, and to top it off, we had the entire DNC chanting for the political class to do something, do something.
Speaker 2: The Democrats are in power.
Speaker 3: The Biden Harris administration is running the show.
Speaker 2: Do they forget that?
Speaker 3: Indeed, the Democrats have been in power for twelve of the last sixteen years, and yet they decry the state of the country, the division, the economy.
Speaker 2: It's all on them.
Speaker 3: But the media has their new talking point, and the word of the day is electric.
Speaker 10: And it was though someone had plugged in a cable, a current was connected and there was pure electricity.
Speaker 3: In the room.
Speaker 2: Thank you for sharing with us some of the electricity. The energy is incredibly electric.
Speaker 1: You know it was just electric.
Speaker 7: That's sort of electric because I've ever seen it.
Speaker 1: It was absolutely electric.
Speaker 7: Well, talk to you about the atmosphere in here is an electric excitement bait.
Speaker 5: It is electric.
Speaker 7: Senator Schumer wasn't lying when he was saying that there's a lot of electricity and excitement right now. So it's incredibly electric.
Speaker 8: It's electric.
Speaker 2: Something just got uncorked.
Speaker 1: Room in Chicago quite electric today.
Speaker 11: Last night was electric.
Speaker 2: It'll be electric, electrifying the electrification.
Speaker 5: There was electricity in this room.
Speaker 3: That is preferable to Van Jones on CNN, almost crying after hearing the Obamas speak.
Speaker 2: Dude, get a gramp.
Speaker 12: I didn't know how much I missed missed them.
Speaker 5: I missed them.
Speaker 12: I missed that, I miss hearing that this was a masterful act of leadership.
Speaker 5: It was a sacred task.
Speaker 1: They took it on.
Speaker 12: Well, it was like an oasis. I didn't realize I had been in a spiritual desert until they created that oasis on that stage, and they did a beautiful job tonight.
Speaker 3: Oh my mind, dude, you need those around you to tell you to stop talking seriously now, just a shame saying and didn't interview this next guy. The BBC did, but that don't think they knew that he was actually a conservative mocking the lefties losing it.
Speaker 10: Well, brought you on a erdy No listen, my name is no source a uten pronouns.
Speaker 1: Like, I'm just really excited.
Speaker 10: How we have like the first black woman that could be the president of the United States. And you know, like my wife right, we're in a polyad resatip the lover that my wife took as African American, and like, I've learned so much about the struggle that people of color go through as a.
Speaker 9: Result of my wife's boyfriend.
Speaker 10: And so I'm excited to really do my partin soo dog erny my marginalized community, and like about why to do that is to get the first woman of color.
Speaker 1: To be That's a commander achievement.
Speaker 4: I'm really excited.
Speaker 3: I'm so fussed, And let's end lefties with Hollywood has been a DNC fanboy Mark Hamill.
Speaker 2: He has a message for the nation, and get ready to cringe hard.
Speaker 5: Well in the movies, I thought against make believe evil, or at a time in our history we were fighting against real evil.
Speaker 2: So I beg you please don't go into the Ora eas side. And we have plenty more lefties losing it with.
Speaker 3: My next guest joining me now is Sky News contributor Kosher Gator Kosher. We've had Bill Clinton, Nancy Pelosi, and Oprah speak at the Democratic National Convention.
Speaker 9: Carmen Sense tells you that Kamala Harris and Tim Walltz can give us decency. Let's all choose Kamala Harrah.
Speaker 2: Now Kosher.
Speaker 3: Oprah isn't the figure she used to be, but she still has a massive following amongst a certain demographic. You're sort of your middle aged female demographic. Will her presence there, her endorsement mean much to the electorate.
Speaker 13: You know, she's definitely past her peak. When her show was airing about a decade ago, she was getting fifty five million viewers from that key demographic. She's past that peak, but she still does have real star power in that group, and one of the most ascendant segments for the Democrat party is single women above the age of forty. I was looking at this the other day. They vote seventy two percent for the Democrat. That's the most monolithic voting pattern outside.
Speaker 11: Of African America.
Speaker 13: So if Sarah unmarried, unmarried, interesting married women, it's actually much closer split and they lean slightly.
Speaker 11: Republican, but unmarried women over forty.
Speaker 13: How much of those people today Oprah's reaching I don't know, But even if she turns a little bit of them, that is very powerful.
Speaker 3: But then that is the demographic that is already backing the backing the Democrats strongly.
Speaker 11: So does she move the needle more for them? Exactly?
Speaker 3: For the undecided, for those who are perhaps not politically engaged, that's gonna be the question now. Just about everyone who's taken to the d NC stage has played the victim to a certain extent, but none as much as Michelle Obama I, who had a lot to say, a lot of victim playing, a lot of angry attacks against Trump, and a lot of racial politics.
Speaker 9: Unfortunately, we know what comes next. We know folks are gonna do everything they can to distort her truth. My husband and I sadly know a little something about this. For years, Donald Trump did everything in his power to try to make people fear us.
Speaker 2: See his limited, narrow view of the world.
Speaker 9: Made him feel threatened by the existence of two hard work and highly educated, successful people who happened to be black.
Speaker 3: It's a little bit rich for Barack and Michelle Obama to play the victim and what do you mean kosher of the do something chant that Michelle started That was very interesting because the Democrats are in power, do the people there seem to have forgotten that fairly critical fact.
Speaker 13: Seems to be And it feels like this election isn't about two candidates or even the Republican Party versus the Democrat Party. It's between reality and illusion because they're creating this illusion as.
Speaker 11: Though they're not the ones in power. They're not the incumbents.
Speaker 13: And basically, Barack Obama had eight years his VP, Joe Biden has had another four years, and there was just a four year blip of Trump in the middle, so they've had the reins for a long time. Look, I think we all support people pulling up their bootstraps and making something of their lives.
Speaker 11: So that's a good thing about the Obamas.
Speaker 13: But it is a little bit rich to then try to cast themselves as these downtrodden people are speaking for the downtrodden people when they report them there worth seventy million dollars.
Speaker 11: Good for them.
Speaker 3: These issues that have with the country, all the things that aren't the way they should be, and they're going to change under a Harris administration. Well, like you've explained, twelve of the last sixteen years, Democrats have been in power. So if there's problems within the country, we know where we're coming from exactly now. Michelle Obama also shared sentiments about how rich people take more than they need and you should be distrustful of those sort of people. But this is a woman who earned seven hundred thousand euros for one hour speech at a forum in Germany. And they're bambas of enormous wealth, a lot of it from being in public life. And whatever you think of Trump, he hasn't made his money from the taxpayer.
Speaker 1: For sure.
Speaker 13: So they had a little stint Barack Obama and the State Senate and then a little bit in the United States Senate and then parlead that into the presidency and on the back of that seventy million dollars reportedly is there net worth Again, good for them, we celebrate that there are questions about how they made that money, which is interesting on the back of being public figures. But I think that's actually a sign of just the times we live in, where celebrity in every sphere, even in politics, gets rewarded and have in contrast that to somebody like Ulysses s Ground eighteenth president won the Civil War, he was abrown Lincoln's general and he died penniless.
Speaker 11: Yeah, at different times than versus.
Speaker 3: And it was interesting because Trump talked about he being a billionaire donated his presidential salary, and he thought that given so many presidents have been relatively wealthy over the years, they would have done the same, but no one had until the which was surprising in itself. Now, while the DNC is underway, Kamala Harris is busy campaigning. She held a rally about nineteen miles away from the Dancy Venue Milwaukee, where she again decry the state of the economy as if she's not part of the current administration.
Speaker 8: We believe in the future where we lower the cost of living for America's families, and when I am president, I will bring down the cost of groceries by making sure markets are competitive and fair.
Speaker 3: This tactic is working, but how long will the media allow her to divorce herself from her own past and from her own legacy as vice president and everything that came before it, because she is almost campaigning as if she's the challenger.
Speaker 13: Until the bitter end. Unfortunately, I think they're going to continue to provide cover for her. As we said, this election is about reality versus illusion. You know, people may like Trump personally, may like his policies or they may not, but you know what they are. You know what he stands for and the vision that he proposes, and on the side, it is a bit of an illusion and chameleon like nature. I also found it interesting that she's doubling down on the price caps because that was the one instance of first policy proposal she put out and it was widely panned, even via the left leaning media, And she's doubling down on going after the grocery stores that have one to two percent margins, and I find that interesting.
Speaker 3: It's bizarre, but I think she feels so that bulletproof because so much of the press she's getting is overwhelmingly positive.
Speaker 2: She's getting a lot more coverage than Trump at the moment, so I think she's thinking the stats are in her favor now.
Speaker 3: While the Democrats and Kamala try to rewrite history with the help of the media, Donald Trump is chatting with a range of popular personalities, comics, podcasters, and one who has an enormous following a very unique character is Theo Vaughn and I'm going to say Kocha.
Speaker 2: Their chat was fascinating. Listen to this exchange.
Speaker 3: Between wild Child, THEO and Donald Trump, who has never touched a drop of alcohol.
Speaker 2: They're discussing here cocaine.
Speaker 5: Well, no, I would just do cocaine. That was really yeah. So yeah, that's down and dirty. Yeah, and this is yeah, this, I mean it was, yeah, but you don't anymore. Now I don't do it anymore, man, And I'm not doing Is it too much? Too much to Some of the stuff started to get a real rattle in it too. I don't know where we were even getting it from in this country. By it, yeah, it started to make me feel like I was a mechanic or so. The thing you go back to.
Speaker 14: Then it's alcohol for the most part.
Speaker 5: Right, yeah, but what I want probably is cocaine. But I know that if I have a drink then it'll give me. It'll like be like, Okay, well I had a drink, then I can do this.
Speaker 14: Is cocaine a stronger? Oh yep, yeah, yeah yeah, So you're way up with cocaine more than anything else you can think of.
Speaker 5: Okain, I'll turn you into a damn our or homie, you know what I'm saying. It'll you'll be You'll be out on your own porch. You know, you'll be your own street lamp. You're freaking and is that a good feeling? Well, it's a more miserable feeling, but you do it anyway, just like the guy you're saying with the Scotch.
Speaker 3: I would encourage you to watch. The whole thing is just a fascinating discussion. They talked about all sorts of other things, the economy, Harris, But I think we shouldn't underestimate the power of those sorts of interactions, because the reach these people have is enormous. Whether you're talking about Joe or that Elon Musk chat he did last week, or Theovonne, the millions and millions will say that it's two things, reach and range that these conversations and formats provide and it is tens of millions of people.
Speaker 13: Theovon Aiden ross he did who was a streamer a couple of weeks ago, and these are people the mainstream consultants and advisors probably have no idea who they are. And it's going after people that now are old enough to vote. I don't know how many people from that age group from their followership it will turn out, but it could and an a raiser thin margin election. That's really smart high ROI doesn't cost him too much time or money to do these interviews, and you do see the range of the discussion. To your point, it was his conversational skills trumps are quite underrated because what makes him a good conversationalist is empathy. People don't say that about him, but you could see it their empathy and curiosity where he's a complete.
Speaker 3: Curiosity was k there, kay he And you see that with some of the chats where he's having where you really a surprise someone of his age and you know, being a billionaire and being sort.
Speaker 11: Of genuinely interested in what if he and that was really unexpected.
Speaker 3: I think in many it wasn't all judgment where you would expect, particularly someone who's a non drinker, it would be a bit more judgmental of that discussion and the over one, I think a lot a lot of other enormously successful and influential personality personalities like Joe Rogan, Ella Musk. They were from the left, they were Democrats and they've kind of been red pelled. And in this discussion they did talk about Bernie Sanders and how the Democrats have treated him.
Speaker 5: Dude, I got so angry when they sidetracked Bernie a few years ago. Or that wasn't fair to Bernie twice? Yeah, you got to think about it. Yeah, oh it was crazy, yeah, twenty sixteen, twenty two, he just got you know, it just wasn't cool. Like whatever you think. It's just like we have to be able to believe.
Speaker 1: Do you like Bernie?
Speaker 14: Is he Are you friends with him?
Speaker 5: I'd met him the other day, I was the first time.
Speaker 14: Were you rest by him? I?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 14: One thing, he's so sharp, right, oh yeah. He doesn't suffer from what Biden did. No, no, no, now mental dullness. Yeah, right, mentally.
Speaker 3: And it's interesting because now that the Democrats have a younger candidate, they're trying to paint Trump as having cognitive decline and getting confused and not being physically mentally.
Speaker 11: Fit for the job.
Speaker 3: They've switched that up real quick. And he's significantly older than Harris. Do you think that's going to be an issue coming to the poll?
Speaker 13: They're trying that because you're right, just based on the sheer facts, there's a twenty year difference between them. But I think everybody knows that not all eighty year olds are alike, and even Bernie versus Biden or Trump versus Biden.
Speaker 11: So I'm not sure how.
Speaker 13: Much I'll make make a difference to the people that ultimately come out, but it is a tactic that they're trying, and I think the bigger difference it makes has taken away one line of attack that the Trump campaign had, and now he's prosecuting the keys in that clip over there against Biden's age, and that's great. Do it, But then I think pivot quickly to prosecuting the Kese Againstkhma.
Speaker 3: And they can do it if she avoids interviews and press conferences, because when she's off the script, she's as ditsy.
Speaker 2: As they come. Koshagator, thank you so much for your time. This evening still to come.
Speaker 3: Hollywood's most unlikable couple announced their split and why are Colombians I write about.
Speaker 2: The cost of Harry and Meghan's tour.
Speaker 3: Of the impoverished country, watching the Reader Panehy Show and joining me now is Entertainment and royal reporter Kinsey Schofield its official Kinsey Benefit is over again. Jennifer Lopez has filed for divorce from Ben Affleck two years after they were married and two decades after they were first engaged. And the date she chose to follow those papers I think made a bit of a statement.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 15: Absolutely, It was the second anniversary of their wedding in Georgia. Page six reports that sources close to Jennifer Lopez says she specifically filed for divorce from Ben Affleck. Rumors were that he was prepared to do it to show that she's a woman standing up on her own. Several outlets have reported that Ben Affleck did not want to fix this marriage despite her efforts, and Daily Mail quoted a friend saying he was impossible to be married to. He is selfish, sullen and negative. She was constantly trying to lift his spirits, boost him up.
Speaker 11: It was exhausting.
Speaker 15: Eventually, the negativity was overwhelming, and after months of gossip that Jen found humiliating, she went ahead and called it quits.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, we've been talking about this for months. It seems like everyone's known this marriage was doomed.
Speaker 2: I don't know. They both seem particularly unpleasant if you ask me.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: Few celebrities have been appearing at the Democratic National Convention. We've had Oprah, Little John, Stevie Wonder. But in addition to the celebrities, the DNCS credentialed more than two hundred influences and content creators for the event. Some of the traditional journalists are not happy about this. Some are whining about the working conditions being terrible, then being sort of relegated to the cheap seats.
Speaker 2: Tell me about this.
Speaker 3: Why are the Democrats replacing activist journalists with activist content creators?
Speaker 15: I mean, the fast answer is desperation, But I mean, anyone that watches Left is losing it knows why this is such a risk. How much due diligence went into researching the two hundred content creators invited? In prioritizing influencers with no journalism background or guidelines feels hyper irresponsible White House correspondents are shoved in a dark corner. Influencers are running around taking selfies with high profile democrats, living their best lives with no journalistic integrity. I mean, we used to be the greatest country in the world and now we're throwing hearties for Harris parties at the DNC. Jesus take the wheel.
Speaker 2: Well, I did I think it was Monday.
Speaker 3: We looked at some of these influences, and the DNC themselves their official account, they put out a list of these influences that are going to be there, and some of the ones that were promoting are just radically fringe, dwelling, questionable characters. So they're lucky that they've got the media on side, otherwise there might be a little bit of scrutiny on this. Now let's switch to Harry and Meghan and the tour of poverty stricken Columbia. Politicians have been left furious at the cost of this quasi royal tur you are. Harry and Meghan have spent millions on security alone, seven hundred thousand dollars a day on heavily police soldiers, helicopters, and the Colombian politician Andreas Escobar has accused the vice president there, who invited the Sussexes, of squandering public money on vanity. Goodness, may this tour again questionable?
Speaker 2: What are they doing? They're not working royals? What are they doing touring in poverished countries? Kinsey?
Speaker 15: I mean he also said taxes were spent on rich white people for photo opportunities in social media.
Speaker 11: And really he's not.
Speaker 15: Don't tell Megan that exactly. Yeah, she doesn't, but you would not like that. But it does feel like it's all just a PR stunt. Columbia provided a fourteen car convoy and ballistic briefcase to shield them from bullets. The Daily Mail reported that three thousand police followed the couple's every move quote despite barely anyone turning up to see them, and most locals had no idea who they were. One individual hired to perform for them she was a singer, asked one of the reporters, who is Megan? This was clearly the VP in Columbia and the Sussex is trying to put themselves on the map. And what a waste of resources.
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Absolutely, And you've got a question the Sussex's judgment in doing these tours. I know it keeps them in the papers in America and the UK, and somehow that's what they want. Despite telling us they were leaving the Royals to have this private life and not be under media scrutiny, they seem to be doing everything in their power to be in the media, to be getting coverage. What good came out of this tour, I don't know. But while we're talking about their tour of Columbia, Meghan told a panel discussion titled Afro Descendant Women and Power Voice of Equity that her daughter has found her voice, and she's found her voice as an empowered woman of color.
Speaker 2: She's a straight kinsey.
Speaker 15: Well find me a three year old that hasn't found their voice screaming their heads off on the playground. But I found this one of the references as she was leading into this. I found it almost a slight to the Royal family. She said, I know how it feels when you don't utilize your voice when you need to be heard or have something to say. Think back to that Oprah Winfrey quote silent or silenced, you know, So it's almost like she's bringing that up again. Meanwhile, every time she does open her mouth. It's the same unverifiable story. We hear you loud and clear, Megan, you hated Procter and Gamble's dish soap commercials because assuming women spend a significant amount of time in the kitchen is sexist. Now tell us all about your new cooking show. Does it take place in a kitchen? The hypocrisy astounds.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: She's just desperately looking for victimhood wherever she can find her. KINSI Scofield, thank you so much for your time this evening, and that's it from me. Up next is Newsnight. I'll see you tomorrow. At nine point thirty four left. He's losing it.