Speaker 1: Get you every morning, every day, adelaides.
Speaker 2: When you're a kid, sometimes mum and dad just brought out the special stuff, you know, whether it be food or drink. And we had a discussion about this the other day and you were talking about your dad on the farm in Beckham, New South Wales, population eight.
Speaker 3: And sixty five. Thank you very much, Sorry mate, my fault.
Speaker 2: Does it really matter when you're the only person in your year, not just your class, but your year.
Speaker 3: Post office hall and a pub?
Speaker 2: Perfect?
Speaker 3: Thank you very much. Preach that that that's nice.
Speaker 2: Every now and then your dad would venture out. Did you have a bottle shop or you just got your call from the pub?
Speaker 3: I don't know, actually I don't think.
Speaker 1: I think there was a bottle of shop at a nearer town, but I think there was a bottle shop connected to the pub's second one of those old school country pub it's really cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So there wasn't a Dan Murphy's absolutely not any who, So you were saying that when your dad brought out a particular beer, you were on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, we're well as kids, we wor on. Mom and dad were on.
Speaker 1: My dad mixed between VB and Melbourne bitters exactly, and then when there were crowdies in the fridge, Yeah, something good had happened. Yeah, it was a celebration, usually the end of harvest. Yeah, and I'm not alone in this space as well. Produced a flat Crownies was the top shelf celebration beer.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So my dad would only ever drink VB but for a special occasion, or if some friends were coming over or Christmas.
Speaker 3: Christmas, he'd say.
Speaker 4: To my mum, all right, love, gotta go get my box of Crownies. You know what the cutest thing is. To this day, he's in his sixties and Dad's still for a special occasion, we'll buy Crowdies.
Speaker 1: So they're still around, even cuter.
Speaker 3: He drink every single one of them. Oh twenty four and one hitting. Well done, mister Flak.
Speaker 4: It's actually not really alive, but sure.
Speaker 2: My stepdad always had Bundy rum buney rum in the cans, but when he got the actual bottle bunny rum out was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all of a sudden bad. That's what happens when people drink bunderberg Ram.
Speaker 2: You can get a little bit angry. Not poppy, Jeff, Though not poppy.
Speaker 3: Jeff mellowed him.
Speaker 2: That's nice and so when this is a sad story, I don't know if I should tell it. I've committed now though. But when he passed away because he had to Manta in the end, he.
Speaker 1: Poured rum on him, one last little dash.
Speaker 3: That rum stench going up to heaven.
Speaker 1: And then he got to the pearly gates and they're like, you're coming to he of Rummy.
Speaker 2: It's not where this story was continued, just saying he still had a cart and left over, so we all drank the Bunderberg rum to Poppy Jeff. That's a nice story, isn't it. Of course, anyway, your story was better about.
Speaker 1: Pooring because straight away when I saw that, it wasn't because Mum dad were about to get drunk.
Speaker 3: They probably weren't.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I think they've just had one crowds. But it was the fact that you knew Mum and Dad were an absolute great moods. All of a sudden, kids are like, yeah, we're partying. We don't know why, but we're on Chinese food.
Speaker 2: Oh that's such a good story.
Speaker 1: Never a dull moment. When this man is on board, Fits is joining us right now.
Speaker 3: Good morning to you, fits.
Speaker 5: E, Jodi and am I currently talking to Is it mister September of the Hot Dance of Adelaide?
Speaker 6: Calendar man, incourage, mister December.
Speaker 3: We're bringing it.
Speaker 6: We're bringing it home hard, lazy and gentlemen. Very Christmas. Imagine putting a bit of missiletoe over that one.
Speaker 5: Jode's.
Speaker 6: Actually, you do look hot. I don't know it's for me.
Speaker 5: It's a choice out of Andrew Hayes or if it's Tom Rin. I don't know who I'm going to be taking home for Christmas.
Speaker 2: F Yeah, it's a tricky one.
Speaker 3: We can both fit your stocking.
Speaker 5: Fitty fine, Tommy, you could fit eight tom Wren's in a stocking. Oregon.
Speaker 2: You were not giving Tommy enough credit here, Fitzy, son of Mick and Claire. We've been talking this morning about when you knew that something big was happening in your house, like your parents break out something special and fancy just to signify a special occasion, for example your parents. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Usually I think it was usually at the end of either harvest or when we're sewing, and if there was a box of crown he's in the fridge.
Speaker 3: And mister Bill Hayes, he was on he was really in celebration mode.
Speaker 6: I mean, this is what wasn't a big thing.
Speaker 5: But on a Friday night we used to pick up Mum from the dental surgery at More for Vale. She would jump into the garden. I used to love how Dad would go, Dal, you're not cooking at night. We're going to junk food corner nor lunger there and you'd have a choice, Jody, you have a choice between macas KFC or Pizza Haut. Dad would give you ten bucks. It was a two piece feed for me every time with a bit of Coleslaw. That was always KFC for me. But we always knew that we were having a big one. The other one was we lived in Christie Downs, right, and I had no idea until Mom and Dad told me this later on we bought this house. Mom and Dad bought a house in Christy Downs for thirty grand. That was two years ago. But we had two fences, right. We had a fence around the block of land and then there was another huge fence that was set five meters in from the fence.
Speaker 6: On the outside of the block. And I never understood it.
Speaker 5: I remember we used to have all these weird people knocking on our door saying is the party on today? We found out afterwards, but we bought the house off that were the head.
Speaker 6: Of a nudist colony.
Speaker 5: Yes, and they used to have parties in the backyard, completely starkers and that's why they had two fences so no one could see in WHOA. The three legged race was really weird, but I have apart from that it was.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 3: Tom Rand has re.
Speaker 2: Entered the conversation, speaking of athletic ability.
Speaker 6: Let's talk the draft.
Speaker 1: Sure hey fit as a fellow number four pick.
Speaker 3: What sort of advice have you given to new Crosed Draper.
Speaker 5: I felt like giving him a call last night and just saying, well, I know how you feel Wednesday night. I know how you feel mate, coming in at number four. The thing is he's got a bit of football ability.
Speaker 6: I didn't.
Speaker 5: I'm really pumped. He's a local boy, good Southern boy. He goes to card I in college and he's a jit. That's the other thing. He's quick, he's agile, and I think he's only going to get stronger, faster and he'll be great for the Crows.
Speaker 2: We also had a discussion and you might be able to help us out in this with the social media now and the fact that everything is filmed.
Speaker 6: When all these kids get drafted, it's.
Speaker 2: Like fifteen of their mates piling with pillows and just fist and it's like do their very best to try and injure their best mate who's just got drafted, like at that moment, like talk us through those celebrations.
Speaker 6: It's insane. I didn't. I didn't go to the draft. I didn't do it draft camp. I didn't go to the draft.
Speaker 5: I actually we had a big night at the Crown and Its Victor Harbor the night before. I remember this, and I was hung over the day. I suppose it says a lot about my football career. But yeah, we had a heap of friends around and you would hear it on the radio. I'm pretty sure we heard it on the radio and we were informed that I was going to Sydney. Mum was crying her eyes out. Dad was celebrating. He was getting rid of me. But it is, it's such a big day.
Speaker 6: But I wasn't. I wasn't actually at the draft.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, Did you get a night at junk food corner after you got drafted? Yes? Anyway, the Vince Geralds know how to celebrate with some if fits.
Speaker 3: Appreciate your time, mate, We'll do it all again next week.
Speaker 6: Good on you guys. Thanks mister December. Now that's a job.
Speaker 3: That was a joke.
Speaker 1: That's a joke, terrible joke, the best way to start the way we've said that in Stay Hot Humor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just give me your veins.
Speaker 1: I'm going to object you.
Speaker 6: Let's go.
Speaker 1: No, here's my pain. Oh sweet serum in there? Please do you want me to fill you up?
Speaker 3: But that sounds really.
Speaker 1: Rude goodness, although it is a good space for it. The Monday Morning joke Pop True Pretty Humor. A special guest this morning.
Speaker 6: I black, I'll be honest.
Speaker 1: I'm a little bit nervous.
Speaker 5: Be right.
Speaker 1: How about you kick us off and you set the tone this morning. Oh, this could be a very bad tone. Okay, I'll do it.
Speaker 4: A man walks into a library and orders fish and chips. The librarian says, excuse me, this is a library, and the man goes, oh, I'm so sorry, I'd.
Speaker 6: Like some fish and chips.
Speaker 1: It's not bad.
Speaker 4: I'll be really honest.
Speaker 3: I reckon.
Speaker 4: Jodie has just been real nice in every.
Speaker 1: Action there or she didn't get it Okay, I do get it.
Speaker 2: I do get it. What I will say is this, I reckon producers. Oh he did that joke a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 1: Oh really, if it's very familiar, Oh crap, we've probably got on the same website.
Speaker 6: I mean, you had one job this morning.
Speaker 2: One job was to come up with some original material.
Speaker 1: You didn't write that. Okay, you said, I'm setting the tone.
Speaker 4: It's a very bad start, So I'll throw it back to you two.
Speaker 1: Okay, Jo's fun.
Speaker 2: Hey did you hear that joke about the drunk who got kicked out of the museum for spanking the statues? You really hit rock bottoms? Thank you?
Speaker 1: Bring us home bottom classic?
Speaker 3: All right, you go.
Speaker 1: Two men are sitting drinking about the top of the Empire State Building when the first man turns the other and says, do you know what last week I discovered the if you jump from the top of this building, by the time you fall to the tenth floor, the winds around the building are so intense that they carry around the building and back into the window. It's crazy. What The bartender just shakes his head in disapproval while wiping the bar. The second guy says, you're insane. There's no way that could happen. He says, no, it's true. Let me prove it to you. So he gets up from the bar, jumps over the balcony, plumbs to the street below. When he passes the tenth floor, the high wind whips him around the building and back into the tenth floor window, and he takes the elevator back up to the bar. Once upstairs, he urges his fellow drinker just to go ahead and try it like Boke says, well, what the hell, I saw it my own eyes. It'll work. I'm gonna try it. So he jumps over the balcony and plunges down, hitting the sidewalk with a splat. Back upstairs, the bartender turns the other drinking and saying, you know what, you're a real knob when you drink, Superman. I've always said that, so don't go drinking. But Superman, because you're a gaslight. You are jumping out the window. Classic Draper is so fast.
Speaker 2: He's been an absolute staff for South Adelaide in the Sandford.
Speaker 5: What a win from Draper, inspirational from the captain.
Speaker 2: A favorite of our very own Fitzy.
Speaker 6: I'm really pumped. He's a local boy.
Speaker 5: He's quick, he's agile, and I think he's only going to get stronger and he'll be great for the Crows and.
Speaker 2: Has just been drafted at number four to play for the Adelaide Crows. Adelaide please welcome you Crows recruit Sin Draper, Lady.
Speaker 1: Jmen your number four pick, but number one in our hearts. It's Sid Draper.
Speaker 7: Morning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're just saying just off there, just quite wet you.
Speaker 1: Any much going on, it would have been up to Sid last week, a few days anything any substantial happen, just some.
Speaker 7: Quiet reading time, staying at home with the family.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now see, there was a lot of conjecture about whether the Crows were going to go local, a good South Adelaide boy, or they were going to head over to Victoria. I heard that Mattie Nicks gave you nothing. He didn't give you any sort of hint as to whether you were coming to the Crows or not. What was that feeling like when you realize Maddie was just playing ducks and drakes.
Speaker 7: It was a huge relief. As you said, he didn't really give me anything. So I was sort of in my head sort of you know what's going to happen now. But when my name got right out and it was the sort of said it was an easy choice.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 7: That just really filled my heart and it was awesome.
Speaker 1: Sid.
Speaker 2: What's your personal situation here if you had had you have gone into state, would you be leaving behind a girlfriend?
Speaker 7: Oh no, no, no tie down there.
Speaker 1: That's okay. It's a big year that concentrates on your new girlfriend, and that is a sharon he said. I love asking the new draft Day's about if they've got any text from particular people that's absolutely blowing their mind. You would have got maybe hundreds of texts, but your most high profile texts maybe from current teammates, former teammates of the Crows.
Speaker 7: Texts En Dawson, a couple of big ones, which is so cool. Benny Hart messaged me as a football club. Yeah, so that that was pretty special to see him. And three potential that he may be wearing his number as well would be pretty awesome.
Speaker 2: I wonder said, when when you go to reply to these guys, is it like you know, when you have a girl that you like and you start typing and then you go, oh my god, no, and then you delete, and then you start typing again, and then you check with your mates and go is this all right?
Speaker 7: I had my brother next to me sort of help me out. It's so cool to be able to apply to AFL players and the rest of the staff that are at the club.
Speaker 1: You know, it said you only get one chance, one chance in your life. To random number pops up and it's text Walker and you respond with, sorry, bro, don't know this number?
Speaker 3: Who is?
Speaker 1: Did you take that opportunity or did you keep it above board?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I kept it to just a thought.
Speaker 4: Luckily.
Speaker 7: I would be afraid what text would do to me if I.
Speaker 2: Did that, or just like haha emojiate. Yeah, just before we let you go see there were comparisons in the coverage of the draft between you and Jason Horn. Francis, I will warn you that Hazy has a massive man crush on Jason Horn. Frances you could be next sid drap, but you could be next.
Speaker 3: To tell me you move like Jason does.
Speaker 7: I have been told to do move similar to him. He's been a friend of our family and my brother for so long, so I've sort of seen him play for so long, and I did sort of see similarities in our game. But he's an awesome player and he's an absolutely start of the game right now, so to even get as even close to him would be unreal.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, you're in a very very unique group, and I feel like most of you guys are similar. Of course, I'm talking blokes have been picked in the top five from South Adelaide. You've got Draper, You've got Horn Francis, and then you've got Ryan Fitzgerald. Oh yes, and he had this to say about you a couple of days ago.
Speaker 5: Sid, I'm really pumped. He's a local boy, good Southern boy. He goes to card In College and he's a jit. That's the other thing. He's quick, he's agile, and I think he's only going to get stronger, faster, and he'll be great for the Crows. Right.
Speaker 1: So, any comparisons to Fitzgerald.
Speaker 7: No, I don't. I don't think so, unless he's you know, fast and quick and agile like.
Speaker 2: You said, I'm remember those were no, no, no, exactly, Well said Draper. It has been such a lovely chat. Nice to talk to you. Your challenge now is we've already enlisted Joshua Shelley. He's a good friend of the show. He listens to the show all the time. So you need to get all the Crows boys around Jody and Hazy in the morning. Are you up for it?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 7: Sure can Yeah?
Speaker 2: Perfect?
Speaker 1: Good on your see. Congratulations. We can't wait to watch your career unfold.
Speaker 3: The cricket's not fun at the moment. I'm not having a good time watching the Test. I'll be honest to be.
Speaker 2: Good at it. Let's the death taxes and the Aussies being good at cricket.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's with that?
Speaker 1: We're supposed to be smashing India, but in turn we're getting smashed by India.
Speaker 3: It doesn't feel very nice.
Speaker 2: That's not the script.
Speaker 1: Was that the status Well that hasn't scored a ton in five years until yesterday?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, way to break the drought. Tell me to Perth.
Speaker 6: They said, it's.
Speaker 1: Really painful Joe's explaining sport to either a youngster or a significant other.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, I had to explain how sixes and fours worked at the WBBL to my thirte on. You're on the other day.
Speaker 3: That should be reasonably straightfor you.
Speaker 2: Would think. Did you have to explain something to Lotty?
Speaker 3: I did no, I had to do it to Henry.
Speaker 1: But the funny thing is like just trying to explain things like you get someone out, it's a wicket. The stumps are also a wicket. And also to Henry, which blew his mind. I was like, no, mate, so you actually buught your bat twice yep. And then also you go, well, Australia is about to bat and I was like yeah. He's like, oh, so they'll win. I'm like, no, they.
Speaker 3: Definitely won't win.
Speaker 1: Why won't they win? And I think there's still heaps of time, but they won't win. Why won't they win because you just don't win from this position or why not? I don't know, mate, I don't know, but it's not going to happen. In short, we suck, yes, produce a flak. Your beautiful fiance as well also is very much a child in this space.
Speaker 4: I watched I wanted to watch verrat Getty's century yesterday, so and we're going to watch something else that.
Speaker 3: I just want to se him get his hundred. Yep, no worries.
Speaker 2: As we've just explained, he hasn't done it for five years.
Speaker 4: Exactly, so it's a big deal. Okay, First question, who's that verat Coley?
Speaker 3: Is he big?
Speaker 4: Yes, he's got about two hundred and seventy million followers on Instagram. Then I get a couple of minutes of silence and it's, oh my god, his wife is so hot. Yep, great? Why is he not batting anymore? Because they declared what's that? What does that mean?
Speaker 3: I give up?
Speaker 6: I forget it.
Speaker 3: I don't want to trick it anymore.
Speaker 1: It means they don't want to bat anymore. Why not? Oh gosh, because there's a time limit.
Speaker 3: This is so painful.
Speaker 1: And then eventually Henry goes, Dad, this is so boring, and I'm like, I know, and he goes, let's change the channel.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I can't. I have to watch this crap.