Speaker 1: Welcome to How Do They Afford That? The podcast that peaks into the financial lives of everyday Australians. I'm Michael Thompson. I'm a writer and the co host of the podcast Fear and Greed business News, and as always, I'm with Canna Campbell, financial planner and founder of Sugar mam A TV, the financial literacy platform that you will find on Instagram and threads and YouTube, podcast books, TikTok, keynote speeches and more.
Speaker 2: Hello, Canna, good morning, How are you.
Speaker 1: I'm going well? I'm very excited for today's episode because it is essentially part two of a two part series that we have done on affordable technology. If you haven't listened to the last episode, maybe stop now, just pause, hit pause, go back and listen to that one. Because we talked all about affordable mobile technology, mobile phones and wearable smart watches, all that kind of thing. We do not have the expertise between us, Canna, you and I. I think if we're talking about superannuation, we would be fine because we have you. If we're talking about in or financial advice or anything where we're okay. When it comes to technology, we need help.
Speaker 2: Considering I have anxiety about charging my phone and letting it sit there and charge my phone. We can definitely say we have n f I.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, that's quite an extreme stuff. But we are joined in the studio once again by Stephen Fennick, one of Australia's top technology journalists, the editor of tech guide dot com dot au. Stephen, welcome back to how do they.
Speaker 3: Ford that great to be here? Here? You going? We are good? We are.
Speaker 1: I don't know whether Canna has any money left after the last episode. She missed out of the studio off to buy some new phones and a new new Apple Watch and all of these things. We need to cover some other tech today because TV shopping or computer shopping with me is an absolute nightmare because I do not know where to start. I walk into kind of a shop, whether it's kind of Harvey Norman or any one of those.
Speaker 2: I feel like any type of shopping with you would be a nightmare. Like I've seen what type of air fry you bought it. I was like, wow, I feels like just dominated your whole entire kitchens very bigger than your oven.
Speaker 1: It actually is, but we use it more than the oven now, so.
Speaker 2: It's always good advice from me.
Speaker 1: So you just criticized me, and then you take.
Speaker 2: The bread fry, not buy one the size of a mess to three.
Speaker 1: But when you've got kids and you need to cook like twenty nuggets at a time, you're going to need the bigger air fry. Anyway, That's that's kind of beside the point. What we are talking about here is if you go into a shop and you're looking at the wall of TVs, for instance, it is it is so easy to be overwhelmed and you kind of go straight to the brands that you know. You go to your Sony, or you go to your Samsung, or you go to your LG And how on earth are you comparing like for like and trying to decide what is value for money? And I feel like there is a risk of just being drawn to probably the more expensive one because you assume it costs more. Yep, it is going to be better quality, apparently we're starting with because it's just where I launched.
Speaker 3: Absolutely no. And I think when you consider a television, it's not something you buy often normally, like eight years normally people have their televisions for so you can imagine last time you bought a TV. It was eight years is a long time in technology. So they're out there looking at this whole new market of four K and quantum dot technology and all these for these things, these features that didn't exist for their other TV. So I think what what a customer needs to do is a look at the size they want. And we're going bigger TV sizes. It's go big or go home now where we're seventy five, eighty five, one hundred inch TVs we're buying. There is value in those still in those large sizes.
Speaker 1: Still, do you lose quality?
Speaker 3: You know you usually will. You can't not buy a four K TV. Every TV is four K. You can even buy an eight K TV if you wanted to spend the extra money. But four K is fine. So I think you just need to look for those factors, the size and obviously the brand as well, and where you're going to watch, the conditions as well on that where.
Speaker 1: You're going to watch it, and the size. And this is really we're getting off topic here, but I'm so curious about this. Is there some science behind how far back you need to be from a TV because you see kind of these eighty inch TVs one hundred inches and you're surely you must have a room that is so deep in order to be able to sit back and see it. Otherwise it's like sitting in the front rod of the cinema.
Speaker 3: Yeah, years ago, the formula was whatever the screen size is, you should sit two and a half times away from it. But that was an old formula because back with the HDTVs, if you sat too close you could see the pixels. So now with four K and eight K, I think that formulas sort of be thrown out the window a little bit. So maybe two times what the size of the TV is, even one and a half times what the size of the TV is, because even though you're sitting close, it's still going to be quite sharp and clear. And obviously size we're talking about size that affects the price too, So if the bigger the TV, the more it's going to cost. But it is a very competitive market. We're seeing obviously Samsung as the leader. You've got LG in the market as well. They also see that all these big brands have good, better, best options in TV. So you can buy the top of the line TV for twelve thousand, or the entry level TV two Triple nine.
Speaker 1: Can I put you on the spot here then and say we have a standard family which is that is not a thing, but just a normal family usage. Perhaps they watch it with watch some movies, watch a bit of sport, generally watching Netflix and things like this. What is and looking at the same medium size Let's say, what's an average size, say sixty sixty five inch? What would be the best value TV out there at the moment?
Speaker 3: I would have a look at either the Samsung Crystal UHD, which is kind of their entry level four K TVs which is still quite high quality, or also High Sense. High Sense in the last few years have really made a really huge urge in the market. They're a Chinese brand and they basically taking the place of Panasonic. Panasonic no longer sell TVs in Australia, so they've sort of become one of the what I call the Big four. So you've got your Samsung, Sony LG. High Sense has now become that fourth brand. So they offer a lot of value. So like inch inch to inch cost wise, I think you're getting a lot of value from High Sense. But other brands to look out for that also pretty aggressive companies like TCL tcls actually a display company. We mentioned with them in the previous show. They make phones as well, so they make screens from phone size to TV size. They offer a lot of value and the good thing with tcltvs is there the sound quality is also pretty good as well, so you don't have to buy a soundbar. The sound quality is all already built in, so that's an option. Also, I'm sure you've heard of Cogan. Cogan has been selling TVs online for many years, and the selling point for the lot of the Cogan TVs, and I think we were talking off here about this is that the panels in a Cogan TV aten made by Samsung, so you're getting a Samsung panel in a Cogan TV. Even Aldi sell their Born TVs. Those panels are often LG. Often they have the LG software running on board as well, so you can have the quality but have the value at the same time.
Speaker 2: This is my question, like about the white labeling, you know, you really buying a cheap TV that's really got like the sony of the Samsung or the LG technology behind it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well it's it's I wrote a story years ago who actually made my TV? So which TV? Which panel. Am I looking at like a Sony O Lead TV? For example? That O Lead panel is made by LG. LG makes O Lead and they sell it to other brands. So if you each other, well it's they're just doing business. So I guess buying different parts and components. But here's here's if not.
Speaker 1: Quite the TV can tell that that can is trying to all TV is something.
Speaker 3: That's really important. Use it every day. We're streaming, we'red use watching sport, watching, and it's a lot of air entertainment on it. So the temptation is to buy a new television, but there are ways to turn an older TV into a smart TV with a product called the Google Chrome Cast. So if you spend ninety nine dollars, you can plug this into your TV and you then will are given an interface that then allows you to watch Netflix and all the streaming services. Because that's another reason why people upgrade is they want to have the streaming services. The TV's older and they think, I can't watch Netflix, I can't watch Paramount Plus, I can't watch nine Now. But they spend ninety nine bucks and that will turn that old TV into a smart TV. So rather than spending three thousand on new Teley that could be an option. Spend ninety nine dollars on a Google Chrome Cast and you've got all those streaming services right at your fingertips.
Speaker 2: Can I ask you a personal question, It's okay, we won't be talking about ear canals. My conspiracy theory with the television manufacturers. Where would you buy your technology? Like you've got to say, your moving house and you've got doing a whole new fit out. Is there a store of preference asking for a friend, of.
Speaker 3: Course, I think there's no real one place that you get the best deal. I think if you shop around, there's a lot of specials. JB. Harvey's, Bingley, you name them. They all compete on price. So I think, yeah, if you do your homework, all the catalogs always have all the TVs on the front of there because they know it's an item that they can move. Another tip too, would be normally obviously, like phones, TVs are updated every year as well, so the twenty twenty four models, of course are going to be the latest and greatest and more expensive. They often have a runout on last year's TVs. You can get a bargain on the twenty twenty three TV, so I would ask for that. They often advertise these runout sales where you get to save thousands of dollars. Last year's TV is still excellent. This year's TV newer and more expensive, So that's an option to save a bit of money as well.
Speaker 1: That is a great tip, all right. So summarizing TVs, the things that you need to consider when you're going in there are the size that you're looking for, what you're going to use it for, the location we're going to be watching it, the conditions that kind of thing. Then consider the brands and kind of Samsung as the leader, you.
Speaker 3: Said, Samsung, LG, Sony. Yeah. High Sense is another really sort of top tier brand that's doing offering a lot of value, sort of like inch inch per inch. I think the best value is High Sense of the moment.
Speaker 1: And then you get into the lower price bracket, which is say you're TCL and then even further.
Speaker 3: Aldi, which often have panels from that are made by Samsung and LG and all these other companies. So obviously, look I compare the value you get from Cogan and Borne and Aldi of those brands. People say to me, look what are they good? So well, look, if you want to buy Mercedes Bins, then that's the best experience if you want to drive, okay, but if you want to buy a Kia, you're gonna it's still gonna get you where you need to go, but it's going to be a lot cheaper. It's not might not be the quality, might not be as high and the but it's still going to do what you needed to do. So there is there's that thing to consider as well.
Speaker 1: And then I suppose the question with the Born TV is like, if it's got potentially an LG panel, is it like an LG TV or is it a born TV. It's really struggling with its born identity.
Speaker 2: Oh god, that was the worst.
Speaker 3: Head not bad, that was it. And I know you're a movie buff. I figured that I got it straight away. Mate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have one person who will appreciate this. It is Stephen Fennick.
Speaker 2: It is not camp most definitely not. And also for other you know, fifty five thousand listeners today, they won't appreciate any of that.
Speaker 1: I think everyone appreciates that. Let's move on from TV's and from excellent jokes. Let's go to it's just judging myself the computers.
Speaker 3: Yes, so I.
Speaker 1: Again, I don't mean to start everything with Apple. Yes we did last time. But I am an Apple user, and which I kind of go straight to the MacBook.
Speaker 3: I'm a Mac I'm a Mac user too. I've got I've got a Mac Studio as my desktop computer with an external monitor, and I've got a MacBook Air.
Speaker 1: At the moment, does does a computer come down to in terms of what you're going to spend on it? Does it all come down to what you need it for? For instance, if you if you need a computer for work, for design, for gaming, or something like that, I imagine the price that you pay is going to be dictated by what you need it for.
Speaker 3: Absolutely right, So if you buy if you want to, let's use gaming start with that. So you need for a game, you need a bigger screen to enjoy the game. You also need a faster processor to make sure that you're getting the best experience. So that puts that at a higher bracket. If you're a videographer or a photographer, a creative professional, then you would similarly need high processing power, bigger screen to do what you need to do. If you and I get this question a lot, if like I want to buy a laptop, my question is, well, what are you going to use it for? Oh, just to check email, browse the web, and often the a solution under a thousand dollars if it's a Windows computer, even under eight hundred dollars, you can buy a Lenovo, a hp Asa, Azeus. All these brands have sub thousand dollars laptops and we'll do exactly what you need them to do because there's not a lot of the processing powers. Not reed, you don't need a lot of processing power to browse the web and to check an email. But my other advice to a lot of customers looking to get a laptop is I think they should consider a tablet as the alternative. Oh yeah, so rather than buying a laptop, buy a tablet and attach a keyboard. Especially if you're only just going to browse the web checking emails, then why go to that spend extra money, but also go to the extra trouble of having a computer another computer? A tablet could often be the solution.
Speaker 2: I recently did that I need. It was about to upgrade my laptop and then I decided, no, I'm just going to a new tablet and it's changed my.
Speaker 1: Life, and it be quite a bit cheaper, can't they They can be cheaper.
Speaker 3: You can, like everything, you can spend thousands of dollars on a tablet like the latest iPad pro or the new Samsung tab s nine that you can spend as much as you want. But there are a lot of other brands like Samsung included Apple Apple iPad you can buy it for under six hundred bucks now. So it's there are alternatives to the laptop, especially if you you're only going to use it for pretty what to call casual usage. But again, if you if you're you didn't want to play games or you need that process in power, then you've got to consider the options of a bigger screen, half fast a processor. So that really determines the budget that you're playing in.
Speaker 1: And say you didn't really know what you needed. Is this the kind of thing that you could go into a shop, for instance, and talk to the salesperson and just say this is this is what I need. I was listening to how Today Afford that. I was listening to Steven Fanick, and he said, if I don't need it for gaming, if I don't need it for this, to look at this and they should be to help you absolutely.
Speaker 3: What's happened recently is the release of you know, AI is the buzzword everywhere now. So there's a new class of laptops called Copilot plus PC. So these are basically AI PCs and being new technology there, they're a bit on the expensive side. So now what's happened. The PC market now has two halves, Copilot plus PC and the non Copilot plus PC, which if the non Copilot plus now has created this much cheaper market of laptops, So there is the affordability now is even higher. If AI is something you don't want to use on the device, if you're happy to go off to chat GPT whenever you need your AI, then these cheaper laptops now there exist in the market. The retailers are happy that they've got a more expensive PC to sell with the Copilot plus PC. But now the non Copilot plus PC's they are normal laptops I call them. They've come right down in price.
Speaker 1: What about then, for say your zoom calls and things, you should be looking at the quality of the camera in there and the microphone that's built in. Are these the factors as well that you should be totally right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there are a lot of the selling points now they know a lot of people work remotely, work from home, and that video conferencing is now part of your day, day to day workflow. And so there are a lot of brands that have cameras that have been optimized for you know, that are sensitive to light and can do noise cancelation and have all those features. So they're absolutely features that are even on entry level laptops. Now you'll see that those features taken into consideration.
Speaker 1: So really, I mean, you do not need to go for your top end Apple, your top end products if you are not necessarily going to be using all of the features and you don't need that amount of processing power that Lenovo HP potentially even a tablet with a keyboard kind of plugged into it. All these non copilt plus computers which are essentially you're older.
Speaker 3: Just your regular Windows eleven computers. Yeah, and even even the Mac. You talk about the MacBook Air like that's only you can get it I think for fifteen hundred bucks now, so that's the entry level on a Mac. On a MacBook Air has become a little bit more affordable. But again it's like the phone is you're either an iPhone user or an Android user. In this instance, you're either a Mac or a PC. And obviously PC eighty percent of the world's computers are run Windows, so a lot of more choices on the PC side.
Speaker 1: Where do you stand, Canna, Oh, I'm.
Speaker 2: An Apple, I'm Mac. Yes, everything in my life. Don't don't interrupt the flow, Okay, because me too.
Speaker 3: I've been a Mac user for thirty years. I've been a Mac user years. My first computer was the Apple LC two. I bought it in nineteen ninety two. You still had it, I don't know. I sold it to get my next one.
Speaker 1: That's the kind of thing that if he still had it, that would be well.
Speaker 3: It isn't a museum. There is a computer museum in San Francisco, in the in Silicon Valley.
Speaker 1: There interesting, that is amazing. All Right, we have covered computers, we have covered TVs. We'll take a quick break and we'll come back on something. Oh God, you've been just itching to discuss this, haven't you. We are talking about smart speakers, smart homes, all of the things that make your house schmick. Schmick was not the word I was going to use, but We're going to roll with it. We will come back in a second and discuss making your house Schmick Cana. We are talking affordable technology today. We have covered TVs, we have covered computers, and now we are getting into the part that really really excites you. Sound, sound and making your house just everything, just work when you need it too. We are joined in the studio today by Stephen Fannick, the editor of tech Guide dot com dot au, who knows I reckon more than any This is going to overstate it more than any human being alive about all ever.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's a big claim, but I try my best.
Speaker 1: Yes, well, you certainly no more than anyone in the studio, which, with Kata and I is a very low bar that you had to step over. Let's start with smart speakers, shall we, Because they were big. There was so much attention and so much excitement about around sound Alexa and your Google Assistant and all of these, and they don't Maybe this is wrong, but they don't seem to be as big in Australia, perhaps as they are elsewhere in the world, perhaps in the US. Are we going to get to that point.
Speaker 3: Where they are still big? I think the initial surge the initial interest. Really everyone invested early, and then it's the levels of sales are sort of being steady. Okay, so everyone was talking about because they were new, but they're still quite a popular product, and a lot of people they buy more than one as well, because they're actually quite affordable. Now you can buy an Go for like under fifty bucks, an Echo little little Spot speaker, and even the Google Assistant speakers are quite cheap as well. So I know at my place we've got several Alexas around the house, so it's it's an easy way to keep communicate with everyone in the house, so you might want to you've got smart speakers, you can actually what they're on a Lexi. You can do what they call a drop in, so you might say communicate with say your child's in their room, and you might say from the kitchen, dinner's ready, and it'll come through their speaker to say they're rather new yellow Yeah, hell loudly. But it's become I think, a good starting point for because you know everyone's talking smart homes and smart products. The smart speaker is a great little way to start and a great gift to gift to someone because they can build on it. They can. They can now add a like a smart light and then tell the speaker turn the light off, or turn the light red, or turn it off at nine o'clock. And so they can set these little rules in the house.
Speaker 1: Which one, though, do you choose? Because if if you buy, say you were gifting somebody and you buy them a smart speaker, are you then kind of confining them to only that certain brand. If they need all of their house to talk to everything else within the house and you buy an Echo, are you limiting their ops?
Speaker 3: No, no you're not. Because there's a new technology called Matter. So this is like a consistent technology that unites every brand. So consider Matter to be like Bluetooth on your phone, So you can use any brand of earphones and any phone as long as it's got Bluetooth, it's going to connect the two devices. So that's what Matter is for your smart home now. So no matter what brand you buy, whether you've got an Echo or a Google Assistant, or an Arlo security camera or a Phillips smart light, they're all going to talk to each other now thanks to this new Matter And that's on the packaging whenever you buy it, so you know that you're not going to be left with a relic. You're not going to be stranded with something you can't use. So again that's why smart speakers are a great way to start, because you can build on that system at a light, at a smart switch, at a security camera. It's really becoming and quite affordable too, which is the good news that these products. You can buy smart switch now for ten dollars and you plug that in the wall. You plug something into the smart switch, and then that product that's plugged into it can now be controlled using your app or using your routines in your house. So, for example, you might have a fan, plug the fan into the smart switch. You can then remotely turn the fan on, turn it off, see if it's on, see if it's off. Plug the iron into it so you can tell if you've left the iron on looking at your phone. So these are the little things that turn make your house smarter, and that day costs you a lot of money.
Speaker 2: Spy on my dogs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, cameras, cameras, they've come a long way. Security cameras you can get for under one hundred dollars. You get a security camera that will be able to check your pets, check your children, check your home, check your office. You can get noifications when there's a movement or sound delivery. You know when you've got a passel at the doorstep as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, because I see a lot of people with the is it a ring?
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's ring doorbell, there's the r Lo doorbell. Google Nest has a doorbell as well, all pretty affordable a couple hundred dollars, and you can talk to whoever's at your front door of I think someone rang my doorbell while we're recording right now, so you can I talked to someone at my door three times a day, so they're delivering review products and picking up stuff, and so you're able to answer your door without being home. But it's also a security camera as well that can tell if there's someone there, a package or whatever is at your front door step.
Speaker 1: I'm going to confess I find it overwhelming. I find that the idea of it overwhelming in terms of getting it set up. Yes, is it, Say, let's just start with the doorbell, because I would find that I would love to be able to know who was at the door, and then I can stay well hidden inside the house if it's someone that I don't like, I don't want to talk.
Speaker 3: They're sure.
Speaker 1: How how do you go about setting it up?
Speaker 3: It's really easy actually, it's just it's all done through your home Wi Fi, so there you whatever product you get, it'll attach to your home Wi Fi and just be part of your network.
Speaker 2: So do you need one? Really easy for each gadget?
Speaker 3: Not always? There are On On Samsung they have an app called smart Things which gathers them all. On Apple they've got an app called home Kit that also unites them all as well, and you can if you've got a smart speaker, you don't even need an app. You can talk to them and say, well, what turn turn the lights off in the kitchen, or if you've set routines as well. A lot of it happens by itself. But the good thing about the smart speaker is you can issue the command and it'll just it'll do. Like if you've got a robot vacuum cleaner, for example, you might say go clean the mess in the kitchen and it'll start up and go into the kitchen. Because all of these all of these devices are Google Assistant compatible, Alexa compatible, so they just become part of your network.
Speaker 2: And we have touched on this on a previous episode. Some insurance companies such as I Think True will actually give you a bit of a discount on your insurance premiums if you have a smart home with certain devices set up, because you can sense sturit account and break ins and.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well there's all senses you can buy. You can buy censors for the consens water leaks and sensors that know for door or windows were opened, and the cameras can listen out as well as you'll see any movement, so you get notifications. And so if you've got security on your home, you can you can monitor your home from anywhere, so.
Speaker 2: It may pay for itself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, So to wrap things up on the smart home side, can we make a little bit of a list, sure, right, EIX At the moment, assume that my home is not a smart home. That's a fairly safe assumption to make. Say I wanted it to meet the kind of definition of being a smarter home. What am I going to need? And I'm just because I'm going to put together some costs surely as we go.
Speaker 3: So I can give you the cost as we go. If you're like a smart speaker less than one hundred bucks, a security camera, or let's start with the doorbell. Doorbell you can buy are there's brands like Laser and Connect and these these different retailers have their own little home brands for under one hundred dollars. You can get a doorbell. Security cameras I've mentioned can be from ninety nine bucks up to I think there's a the Rlo Essential is like one hundred and fifty nine bucks. Smart lights you can buy a bulb for twelve bucks. You can buy a smart switch for ten dollars. So suddenly, now you've got this little ecosystem that you can then within the app set rules like at nine o'clock turn all the lights off, eight am, turn them all turn them all on, or lift the blinds or whatever, so you can start off. That's the beauty of having the smart products. You can start off pretty affordably and then build on it as you go, so to have to spend all your money at once, you can space it out.
Speaker 2: I think you've just made Michael's Yeah, it's like he's glowing.
Speaker 1: Now. I'm for kind of Christmas presents and birth and Father's Day and all of these because it says, Okay, I want something else to smartify the smartify the house, and in doing so, I've proven myself not to be qualified for a smart home. Okay, so just final question on the smart speaker, which one is your favorite?
Speaker 3: I use the Echo Show five, which is a smart speaker with a five inch display, so I can not only talk to it, but also look at it as well, so it gives me weather little news updates. Well, I can look at my to do lists on as well. So that. There are other echoes that have no displays. They call the Echo Echo Dot, which is like under one hundred bucks and it can display the time on it. And I just I use mostly use my smart speakers to listen to the radio, So I just say, hey, Alexa, play whatever's radio station I want to listen to. And that's that's another handy use for your smart speaker as well.
Speaker 1: And the audio qualities. Okay, fantastic. Yeah, I have learned an awful lot. You know what, I think you've achieved the impossible. You have maybe not feel overwhelmed by the idea of a smart home and just adding those costs up kind of we are looking at getting the basics here for say three hundred four hundred dollars, and then you just kind of add on more switches and more lies you as you as you need it. And I love the idea of if you were to have a switch, right, could you then plug that in and then I could get the coffee machine to turn on at six o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 3: Yes, you can, absolutely, Yep, that's part of that. You can set that up as a schedule. You can schedule stuff to turn on and off. You can even for the fan example, you can say turn on when it hits twenty eight degrees every day, turn the fan on. And that's part of the whole convenience of having a smart home. Hoh, You're going to go even deeper. There's a lot of homes of people like fully kit out their homes with smart systems so that they can have their curtains foot drop when it reaches a certain temperature to keep the heir cool. And not only for convenience, but also saves a lot of energy too. You're saving on your power bills. So if you can reduce your energy consumption or water usage too, there's smart products that can help you do all of that.
Speaker 2: Wow is your mind as blown as is right now, all I now need is someone to do my laundry, walk the do well.
Speaker 1: You can walk the dogs with one of the robot vacuums. Just attach attach the least I'm assuming.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well the cat the cats like you either call the back robo vacuums the cat magic carpet. Cats love to ride on the robe vacuums. Have you seen those?
Speaker 1: I'm sure you see those videos I have, and I'm seeing that people make like little tanks and things and put them on top of it. They have a little battle between a.
Speaker 3: Lot of the robots now have cameras. The robot vacuums have cameras, so you can actually use them like a security camera. You can check in on your pets, so you can actually steer that through the house and check on your pets, your kids can you And also at the same time you can't talk through them as well the speakers as well.
Speaker 1: You have helped us enormous today. Stephen, Thank you so much for coming in.
Speaker 3: It was my pleasure mate.
Speaker 1: That was Stephen Fennick, one of Australia's top technology journalists and the editor of tech guide dot com dot au. If you do nothing else today. Go to that website and check out Stephen's reviews of all the different products, everything that we're talking about today. You'll find it all over the website and it is definitely worth a look before you make any future purchases. Canna. I don't know, let's not even go there.
Speaker 2: I don't even I'm just I'm just blown away. I didn't think we could outdo our previous episode, and I'm just lost for words.
Speaker 1: I have a shopping list a mile long. It is extraordinary, isn't it.
Speaker 3: We're gonna have some fun, Canna.
Speaker 1: If we want to find out anything more from you, or to actually see your progress in turning your house into a smart home, where do we find you?
Speaker 2: You better follow me on can account official because that's where I sort of share the disturbing reality of my real life and this includes all the technology advancements.
Speaker 1: That is on inst So check canner out there and you can hear me every day with Sean Aylmer on Fear and Greed Business news for people who make their own decisions. Thank you very much for listening to how do they afford that? Remember to hit follow on the podcast and the very best thing you can do is to tell somebody else or send them this episode. Spread the word about how do they afford that? Thank you for your company, Join us again next week