Speaker 1: We got get you morning every day day. So it's can we just really open up and be honest with you just for a second. It's important, isn't it.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you've got something you want to get off your chest, I can.
Speaker 1: I mean, it wasn't that long ago I told you. In fact, it was about an hour ago. I told you that I like to give you a call back. And when I'm sitting on the throne. The other thing you need to know, as was some things that give people the icks. And it's one thing in particularly gives me such a nick that I almost turn this place upside down.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like to flip the.
Speaker 1: Desk, really flip the desk. Nearly just put my fist through the computer.
Speaker 2: Okay, So do I need to assume the brace position here? What's going on? No?
Speaker 1: No, no, we'll just discuss it. We'll discuss it in a really really positive environment. So late last week, Jody just inherited this little thing that she likes to call her baby voice, just in everyday life situations. And I'll tell you what the feedback was. Brutal. Just wrap your ears around them.
Speaker 3: What close to your barb? If you weather it's a cheek.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, makes a week. Can you stop speaking to their listeners like their babies.
Speaker 4: He's going to be Jase actually get to miss studio.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's making me want to fully this studio upside down. Let's do what? Hey everyone, what do we think of Jody's baby voice? Agreed? One hundred agreed, Which you're so predictable? Prime? Ick is a prime situation?
Speaker 2: Hang on, if we were to go back to that tape at one point, you did it too.
Speaker 3: You did a little bit of baby voice.
Speaker 1: Yeah I don't remember, Yeah I do. That's already deleted itself as well. That will unfortunately, right.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's interesting.
Speaker 1: So that gives me the IX. So we put this out there thirteen twenty four ten. What gives you a genuine ick? So just to explain as well, can you explain us what an icky is like? It's that situation where you're so off someone for a particular situation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm trying to.
Speaker 2: I want to frame this in a mature sense, and ike is something that would make you not want to have relations with someone.
Speaker 3: It makes sense. Okay, Okay, yeah, that's what nick is.
Speaker 1: Okay, thirteen twenty four to ten. What one gives you the year.
Speaker 2: I've got one, okay, okay, So men who write in response to text messages.
Speaker 1: Ha ha, what's wrong with that?
Speaker 3: Because it's lazy.
Speaker 2: It's lazy because I've obviously said something really witty and clever, right, and you come back at me with.
Speaker 1: Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. That is that how you read it?
Speaker 2: And that's not a response, you know what I mean? Grown men saying ha ha am I right?
Speaker 5: Abs? Correct?
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm sorry, ladies, what would you prefer? Lol?
Speaker 4: No, No, that's icky too.
Speaker 2: No, but come back and up one up me with humor, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Or I could just say huh seven times.
Speaker 3: Hah exactly, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I feel like? Abby would really be able to contribute my space?
Speaker 3: How many abs?
Speaker 1: What gives you the yick?
Speaker 3: Hang on? Hell, we've got fifteen minutes till we have to give away the pink tickets.
Speaker 4: I have a few, but one that I've I was going to do another one, but I'm going to do this one instead. Carrying an umbrella when the wind blows it inside out, just instant like, grow up, get it again. I know, I know, but just it just it just gross.
Speaker 2: And that's the hands of the elements. I know it's not something they've done.
Speaker 4: I know, but still, like it's on you, mate, that's tough.
Speaker 1: So what about what about this? Is this a nick as well? Someone who wears a dry as a bone?
Speaker 2: Yes, correct, Yes, there's no excuses for dry bones ever.
Speaker 1: Ever tough all right?
Speaker 4: Also food and teeth, like it's not their fault, but also like just get it together, no tough as well, that's not fairn Like you had lipstick on your teeth the other day. I always have lipstick, you tell me. Oh, yeah, I know, because I'm like you and I'm friends with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I appreciate that that people who yeah, like the spinach in their teeth like, no thanks.
Speaker 1: So once it happens and sometimes unavoidable, but that's a permanent ick, yea, even when you do tell them. Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Pretty much?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What about For a long time, Hazy had in VISI line. So again, it's not your fault.
Speaker 3: It is not your.
Speaker 1: Fault, yes it is selfie. With that, there were.
Speaker 3: Sometimes random bits of spish that would come out.
Speaker 1: In the corner. Oh really, you never told me about that.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I just let it go through as the keeper.
Speaker 1: Did everyone know about this and no one said anything?
Speaker 4: I thought that you were extra. I just thought you were a heavy saliva person, you know, like there's people out there who were heavy saliva people. I just thought that was you.
Speaker 1: This is very confronting. I don't even know I'm the one that's happening to and even I'm turned off at myself right now and the other the.
Speaker 4: Other thing as well.
Speaker 6: And I know it's not their fault when they're asleep, but like when people snore, like grow up passages fixed, but that's completely adny, I know, and they're asleep and they don't know they're doing it, but like grow up?
Speaker 1: Okay, wow wow?
Speaker 3: Who knew that Abby would have a list?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Now, very very.
Speaker 3: Who also knew that Abby is still single?
Speaker 4: No one would know that. No, I'm not single this week by the way.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, it's ever changing and evolving situation over the weekend.
Speaker 3: We can't keep up.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, Hey, as what gives you the ye I'm not sure a permanent relationship, what gives you the yeck? Best caller this morning as well, we've got tickets for you and three mates to History of House at All?
Speaker 3: Hey, Abby, what gives you the yick?
Speaker 1: Men? In general? What gives you the take your calls? Next thirty four ten, we're talking about what gives you the ick? Because I mean, I'm shaking even pressing play on this.
Speaker 3: But oh we don't have to.
Speaker 1: I mean just listen to Jodie already speaking baby voice. This is during birthday, pay day, late last week.
Speaker 3: Oh what those good barbecue weather?
Speaker 2: It's a cheek.
Speaker 1: Yes makes a week. Can you stop speaking to the listeners like that? Baby?
Speaker 4: He's going to be mentally you get to babes.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's make me want to fully this studio upside down. Let's see you what? And I did flip the studio upside down and there was a hell of a mess.
Speaker 2: Yeah yep, and you've got in big trouble. So the end is sucked in.
Speaker 1: And somehow I'm I'm the bad guy here.
Speaker 2: So in my defense, I don't really speak baby to my partner sometimes see the dog when I get home.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what Sid texted me the other day. I was like, oh my gosh, if I hear baby voice one more time, I am going to turn this house upside down?
Speaker 3: Did you really you would? Sid?
Speaker 1: Text?
Speaker 3: Do you that's interesting?
Speaker 1: Good text?
Speaker 3: Does she don't live like the little poor emoji at the end?
Speaker 1: Yes, absolutely, because that's her sign off. That's my.
Speaker 2: No, not SID doing that, but text messages where it's like ha at the end, that's.
Speaker 1: Not which is an interesting Do you want to laughing emoji? Or what do you want?
Speaker 3: I want something clever then?
Speaker 1: Ha ha ha interesting interesting use of words.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, Oh sorry, the grammar police is here? Hello producers are we Hello?
Speaker 5: Good morning? I love this topic. It's so good. There's so many excellent icks.
Speaker 7: It's a real trend on TikTok as well for people to give their really unique x and I have a couple of favorites that I just have to share with you guys. Okay, and keeping mind, this is when men are doing these things. Him running after a ping pong bowl, Yeah classic. Can you imagine him beer pong? They'd oh quick, got a trot off? Embarrassing.
Speaker 1: Can't make that look athletic.
Speaker 7: No, when he says the joke, just a little bit louder because no one laughed the first time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hey, guys, Yeah, I went for it and didn't work.
Speaker 3: Yes, let's double down.
Speaker 5: Yeah, men sitting in the bath.
Speaker 1: Do you know why? Because we're in a vulnerable position where your guts is crammed together. Yeah, you just can't. There's no way a bloke apart from someone who's absolutely ripped his reds can look sexy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, that's right. But I think this is my favorite one.
Speaker 7: When he's sitting on one of those fast it was, and his legs are just dangling freely.
Speaker 3: Yeah, can you sitting?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's not it's not good. It's not pretty anyway.
Speaker 7: I could go on forever, but there's too much good stuff out there.
Speaker 3: It was the one on the internet about having a little bit of spit just.
Speaker 5: Oh no, my, that was one of my favorites.
Speaker 7: When the signs of his mouth are orange from eating spaghetti.
Speaker 1: That's It happens to a lot of blokes, including myself, because we're passionate when it comes to it's not your.
Speaker 3: Fault, it's okay.
Speaker 2: Thirteen twenty four ten, YOU'REX this morning, Chloe's wat yours?
Speaker 1: You know when somebody drinks from a glass of water and you look through the bottom of the glass and you can see their mouth, and you can see their mouth and work in the water and you can see right in there.
Speaker 3: It is so true, Chloe, that's tough. Hey Kara, you're rick illo, Hi, Karra. What's your rick? Is?
Speaker 5: When people have food in their mouth, they take a drink and then they swallow said drink and then they continue to eat the.
Speaker 3: Food in their mouth, so it's effectively watered down feeds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm trying to break it down.
Speaker 2: What are you doing?
Speaker 7: You're just storing it for the winter.
Speaker 1: What about if Yourkara and you're on a date with Joey Chestnut who was the world champion, and he's nailing seventy two hot dogs in between each by just throwing a bit of water.
Speaker 2: And Cara' is like, oh my god, we are so over.
Speaker 3: We're done.
Speaker 2: You're waking up to allaid what news today? Okay, this is where we can that's all the big stories overnight into three type little packages.
Speaker 3: Let's go to you first.
Speaker 4: So we're talking all things Fringe this morning. Basically, the festival, which is one of seth Is South Show's largest, is being accused of inflating attendance record to get more taxpayer funds. So what they're saying.
Speaker 3: Sorry, the festival is or the fringes the fringe is.
Speaker 4: So the Fringe is being accused of inflating attendance records to try and get more taxpayer funding. Okay, So essentially things like there's an Indian festival that get around fifteen thousand people a year going. They were approached by the Fringe and told hey, you should become a part of the Fringe. And then the obviously bolsters attendance records. A few other festivals as well around the place that were contacted by the Fringe to come on board a bit of a watch this space. The Fringe have come out and they haven't denied it, but they've said, you know, we're always needing money to plug costs because it is one of the biggest festivals in South Australia and in Australia. So yeah, well we'll see what comes of it.
Speaker 3: I mean my question to that is does it matter.
Speaker 4: Well, that's the other thing is that it's getting like there's meant to be fifty thousand people who come from interstate and internationally to come to the Fringe. Plus then I was there last Wednesday and it was for a when say, night was pretty packed. And then I saw some photos from the weekend and I also sent two friends along as well. Yeah, and they said there was just people everywhere.
Speaker 2: And my brother was in town yesterday for me to state and he was like, this is amazing.
Speaker 3: And we literally just went into the garden. It's such a buzz.
Speaker 4: We were at Gluttney and you can you know, we went and saw a show, we went and had dinner. Everyone's sitting around. It's a nice, warm night, like, it's just such a buzz. So doesn't matter. I don't you know. I'm happy to pay as a taxpayer. I'm happy for something that brings so many people to the state and really puts us on the world stage. I'm happy to pay for with you good stuff.
Speaker 1: Newsy whack us with some maths gossip judes.
Speaker 2: So, I mean, the big talking point for Maths this year has been the dude who said put a muzzle on your wife.
Speaker 1: A collective shake of the head.
Speaker 2: All last night Psychologists slash friend of Jodie and Hazy johnick and went coco bananas at Johnno because he said he didn't defend his wife when this other bloke Jack told him to put muzzle on it.
Speaker 1: She is your wife. I got to tell you, if someone said that to me about my wife, I would not back down. I would come out, full throttle, all guns blaze. Anyone comes for her. It doesn't matter whether you feel uncomfortable about speaking up or not. She's number one man. I'd run through a brick row for John Akoms. He could motivate me to do some mountratings.
Speaker 3: You love him, don't you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's very good and he's very down to earth and makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 3: Johnny Aiken doesn't.
Speaker 1: He but he's got a very very good point.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Everyone just sort of stood there and stayed silent.
Speaker 3: I know, but also do you reckon?
Speaker 2: The producers were rubbing their hands together when those words.
Speaker 3: Came out of that guy. Yeah, they were like ratings.
Speaker 1: I did see aude article headline where it was like, Mama says, why can't they just get six nice blokes?
Speaker 3: Well, you're up to date on maps down watch.
Speaker 1: This space for more on Muzzlegate news. Suoshi a lot happening with Sam Pepper and the Port Adelaide Football Club. So we're going to find out today what's going to happen with the MRO So there was a trial match between the Crows and Power on Friday nights and the big thing that came out of it was pow Pepper late Bumper got mar Keine in the head, which can cust him for the rest of the game. And so you would think that he's probably going to get some weeks in the sideline. But given it's this time of the year, and also there's all sorts of new little rules, everyone's going to be confused about the process. So because the next two weeks of practice matches count, the initial one was it's not going to count, and if he gets a three week suspension as an example, it acount round one. And now's a new thing that's come out yesterday saying no, no, no, no. The AFL can say, oh no, no, you can serve at least one or two of them in the next two weeks for the practice matches. It's a very very strange gray area. Also, you traditionally get offered one or two weeks before it gets sent straight to the tribunal, which is an automatic three week plus suspension. Now the AFL can offer you three weeks as well. There's a lot going on.
Speaker 3: Abs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you get any of that. I thought it was interesting. The actual bump itself, I don't know.
Speaker 1: The bump itself was a genuine football act, And unfortunately for Sam power Pepper at the exact time where he was about to meet Martain, he got really really swung him into because really, well was just making a tackle, just one of those things. Really was just doing really things, which is absolutely beautiful the best of times, swung him into power Pepper, who got his shoulder on his head. But there's no now in the AFL, even if it's football like, there's no excuse. You make your head high contact, you're in trouble anyway.
Speaker 3: My response to all of this is it's pre season.
Speaker 1: Who guess, Well, you could say that, but when he gets suspended for the first part of the season.
Speaker 2: But no one is any the wiser after this discussion as to whether he will be suspended for the most I'm.
Speaker 1: I'm the one telling the story, and I don't know what the hell I'm talking about, So how we expected anyone else to know what's going on?
Speaker 2: I would have loved to have seen you across on Friday night or did this happen after the first that was.
Speaker 1: Blacked out for like a minute and a half and then I woke up and I'm like, right, I see, I'm like, did I just do the cross? It's gonna get straight to it, Joe. So what do you do when you're sitting on the throne? What do you get up to?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Just try and get the business done, you know, Yeah, you know sidetracked?
Speaker 1: You're not, you know, ticking off some other chores.
Speaker 3: Do I take my phone in there? Is that your question?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 5: I do not?
Speaker 1: You do not? Yes, you do. I don't. Everyone does, gross, absolutely everybody does.
Speaker 3: No poop particles on your phone?
Speaker 5: Can't have it?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, what are you doing in there? For goodness sake? Okay a, there's a new survey into Ozzie streaming habits has revealed one in five of us watching Netflix on the toilet. What yes, one and five?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: So you've probably been speaking to someone at some stage and they've just been netflixing their favorite show. Oh my goodness, streaming giant. Netflix partner with YouGov or a combination, by the way.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it's the partnership we've all been waiting for.
Speaker 1: You talk about Yin and Yang. You've got Netflix and Yugov. What an absolute bunch of party animals, the guys that you gover. So they got together to serve over a thousand eysies on their streaming habits, with results showing that viewers are taking in their favorite shows in some usual places twenty one percent of respondence and beneath the streaming Netflix on the toilet. I've done it once or twice before, but it's not a regular thing. No, Okay, Yeah? Can I be open and honest with you though some of the things that I get up to on the toilet go on? Yes, I'm going to.
Speaker 3: Because I don't think I can stop you at this point anyway.
Speaker 1: You can't because I just feel like this is a really open and honest and nurturing environment where you can just air all your dirty laundry. One of the things I like to do was call people back. What Yes, I've got a bunch of calls to make. I have no issue whatsoever calling and speaking to people whilst I'm on the throne.
Speaker 2: May I ask you this, and I dare say I'm going to regret it. But are you not worried that the person on the other end of the line can hear what you're doing?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: That's the thing though, wasn't it? And how many times have we had conversations and then just sort of mid conversation, it's like and then you'll go, what's going on? What are you actually doing? And then I'm into like in response modes, so straight away I'm like, oh, I'm just at a I'm just at a lake shucking some rocks into the water, and Joe's so beautiful and it's You're just completely believing, and then we keep on speaking, and then maybe a minute later, so sorry, sorry, where are you? And I'm like, now I've just now I've just entered a house with real creaky floorboards.
Speaker 3: I'm so cullorable. I'm like, oh, yeah, okay, house is the house on the lake?
Speaker 1: Is it nice? And sometimes that's why I slip up yeah, with the lack of detail. Absolutely, I'll bet you're on the loan in this too. Got some examples and it's maybe some of the other things that you do on the tour four double none my night. Don't textas, because definitely do Texas. Maybe I just need to know that I'm not alone in this.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, rageous.
Speaker 1: So please don't make me feel like a freak and hazy I don't know my name. Creepy floor boards. Now, that's a job, that's a joke. That's a job. That's a terrible job because despite her genuinely read complexion today and still deliver an award winning joke.
Speaker 2: Okay, So, and we do not endorse this behavior whatsoever. But news reader Abby spent a little bit of time in the sun on the weekend. It's now paying the price in the form of some third degree sunburn.
Speaker 4: I don't have a third degree sunburn.
Speaker 1: Fourth degree, yeah, fifth degree degree somewhere.
Speaker 4: Yes, she's a little sore, but she'll be fine by tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, you lead us so courageously each and every week. Do you want to kick off the Monday morning joke off?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, all right. So I actually went to a music festival over the weekend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you got so burn.
Speaker 4: And a pull out's the joke. And a police officer came up to me with one of those drug dogs. He said, excuse me, but the dog's telling me that you're on something. I said, well, that's a bit rich coming from you, because you're the one talking to the Dog's Okay.
Speaker 1: I think we're heading in a pretty good direction.
Speaker 3: Well, guess what happened.
Speaker 2: So I did some online shopping and I ordered a chicken and an egg from Amazon.
Speaker 4: Very on brand for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll let you know.
Speaker 1: Explain it.
Speaker 3: Then, do you get it? Hazy? Do you get it?
Speaker 4: Because there's this thing about like the twitch comes.
Speaker 1: First, is going to rewive? Yes, I get it because sometimes a notoriously late. Yes, I understand the joke. Let's round this up as well. Please get involved. Send as a joke for double nine nine one nine. So a family's driving behind a garbage truck when a very special toy, if you know what I mean, flies out and thumbs against the windshield. Embarrassed and trying to spare her young son's innocence, the mother turns around and says, don't worry, dear, that was just an insect. Wow. The boy replies, I'm surprised you could get off the ground with a doodle like that.
Speaker 3: Come old as that deserves more.
Speaker 4: I don't want to laugh too hard because old cough.
Speaker 1: I don't think abs gets it explained. Hey, quite seriously, though, Let's hope not the cafe. Okay, get on the front for a week's worth of the best coffee in the galaxy.
Speaker 3: Just make sure you shut the fly scram We want to keep the insects out.
Speaker 4: I might need an iced coffee today because my body temperature is.
Speaker 2: Our next guest is a British stand up comedian and television personality. He's a regular on the international comedy circuit.
Speaker 3: He's one of seven children and.
Speaker 2: Began his career as a combat at the Big Fish Comedy Clubs in South London and has officially performed at the Adelaide Fringe a bisquillion times. Please welcome to Jody and Hazy. Stephen Kahindy amos. Okay, Stephen amos.
Speaker 8: Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: It's great to be back.
Speaker 3: How many fringes have be done?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 2: Do you know?
Speaker 8: I was trying to think about it the other day. I think this is probably my something like eighteen. Yeah, I know I'm really aging myself.
Speaker 3: But you look exactly the same.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 3: You do not age.
Speaker 8: Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now return the compliment.
Speaker 8: It's good to.
Speaker 1: See you again. Thank you. I mate the show Oxymoron. I love the basis of the show. It's basically finding humor in maybe situations where you shouldn't well exactly.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you think about no oxymoron. The classic dictory definition of noxymoron is a self contradictory phrase, and that happens particularly me. I've noticed it more and more post pandemic, post dot down, when the English people say things like it it's awfully good or sweet sorrow or old news, or or the Australians, you guys, you go, oh, he's a good And I won't say the sea word, but you know what the one I mean lots of ox.
Speaker 2: I used the word oxymoron on this show not so long ago, and he just looked at me and went, you're a moron.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh, dear, I understand.
Speaker 1: I understand. That's sort of intellectly dealing with the sting.
Speaker 8: That's that's that's beautiful though, because we all listen and we learn that's what life's all about.
Speaker 3: Hey, listen, you're in the States not so long ago.
Speaker 1: How was that?
Speaker 8: Do you know what? I had a massive project to go to the America for I've all said it to go. I packed a lovely bag full of lovely goodies. I was going to go for six months and arrived just as they announced the writer strike and the actor strike, so Hollywood shut down. Oh my God, yeah, while I was there, so I was forced to join the picket line. The things I went to do we couldn't get to do. But I did end up doing lots of shows across America. But in between that I did a project.
Speaker 1: Spill the Bains Where Do We Go?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 8: I have signed what they call an n d A. It's a non disclosure agree. Basically, it's a it's a movie that's coming out later on this year and it is a sequel to a very very popular, very famous nineteen eighties horror stroke comedy film.
Speaker 2: That's exciting, right if you can guess what it is we have to hear back from. Can I ask you the difference between British humor, Australian humor and American humor, because I feel like our humor is more in line with the Brits than it is American.
Speaker 8: It is and I think the reason for that is because obviously there's a lot of cross pollination, not just only in terms of people coming here from the UK, but also the television you had you were exposed to. You know, in England we've got a great sense of humor and I think Australia does as well. We can laugh at ourselves. You know, there's only a free state phrases that Ossie's and Brits get. You know, we can laugh off a mistake, we can laugh our problems away, and even better, we can laugh somebody into bed, I mean other. No other country has that saying. It's quintessentially British. And whenever I go to America, the one thing I need to do there is to slow right down because they don't have that reciprocal agreement. They don't really get a lot of our shows. If they do get them, they're normally remade into American versions, and so they're not used to this type of tongue, you know, let alone coming out of a black man's face, just like what. It's quite extraordinary.
Speaker 2: Because I think the thing about Australian humor is we're Bogans, but we know it and we can laugh at that.
Speaker 8: Yes, and I use the word bogan, and I like to say like that that sounds more grand the bogan. I used it once. It just came out of my head for Opening Nights here in Adelaide, and I was talking about how I had been coming to the fringe for many, many years, and it's really interesting to see how when there was the calypso thing, the car thing going, that's when a different kind of breed of Bogan would arrive. And it was like it was like being in an Attamburg documentary. It was like spot them, catch them, Where are they?
Speaker 1: Where they go?
Speaker 8: It's interesting. And the thing is when you do that with a smile on your face, it's not about being offensive. That's not my kind of comedy at all. It's about inclusiveness and inclusion and hopefully if we can laugh at ourselves. I think that's that's a better way to move on in the world. If we take things too seriously. Where do we draw the line?
Speaker 3: Ricky Device, Have you met him?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: What's he like?
Speaker 8: He's a nice man?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 8: I think I think he's a nice man. I think some of the things he says that there's a way to say it and connect. I think it's a fine line if you're if you if you do jokes and the audience take them so literally that they think, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, he's right. Yeah he can say you can say what you want. Yeah, we know, no one should take offense to anything. If you allow the audience to believe that without giving it actual context and theory and going into it. Then that's quite that's quite a tough place to be, right. Some people seem to think that we are now the social commenters and we know we've got the answer to everything. No, that's why we're not in parliament. No, that's why we're on the sidelines. That's why if we stumble on the ground like certain Barnaby Joyces, people would go well done.
Speaker 3: Steve stephen Ks. The show is Oxymoron.
Speaker 2: It's on at the Box at the Garden of Unearthly Delights. Tickets from Adelaiefriene dot com dot are you. Thank you so much for coming in, Thanks so.
Speaker 8: Much, great to see you again.
Speaker 1: Twenty nine great scouts satellite today and we are doing it thanks to the very good folks. What if what if it is Ossie for travel after nine o'clock, our boy DC, he's going to hopefully pop you on the standby list for Pink and hopefully you're gonna win some tickets are one thady?
Speaker 3: Very nice.
Speaker 1: Let's take this opportunity to talk about something called narcissism.
Speaker 3: Oh I'm very familiar.
Speaker 1: Are you?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Because yeah, I've just been educated in this spot. Really for the first time I can.
Speaker 3: Say with my hand on, here we go.
Speaker 4: What's taken you thirty eight years to be educated on narcissism?
Speaker 3: You're not a narcissist.
Speaker 1: Though, how dare you?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 1: I am narcissism For those aren't familiar, thank you though. Jades is a self centered style of personality characterizes having an excessive preoccupation with oneself.
Speaker 3: So basically you completely very familiar with their work.
Speaker 1: Completely avoid all responsibility, and so much so even when you're in the fault, you try and shift it on others. Yeah, I can most known with the person who's firing the feedback towards you. So what they've done is they've come up with some red flag phrases that psychologists say narcissist typically use.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'd like to hear them.
Speaker 1: Ready for this Number one? You're overreacting, ladies, just before you overreact to this particular comment. Have you heard that before?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: And can I just say this, an abnormal reaction to abnormal behavior is perfectly normal.
Speaker 3: Do you understand that? Andrew?
Speaker 1: Absolutely not genuinely think you're over reacting.
Speaker 4: Telling a woman to calm down, will not see her calm down?
Speaker 1: When does a lady ever calm down after being told in a heated situation to come down.
Speaker 2: And in fact, if you want to heighten her behavior, tell her to calm down.
Speaker 1: That's a good way to go about it, all right. Second phrase, which is a massive red flag, is you never listen.
Speaker 3: You might have heard that one before, Andrew, Yeah, I have, but.
Speaker 1: I didn't take it as an insult because I'm not listening.
Speaker 3: Well, you can't hear, can't hurt you.
Speaker 1: Exactly right. Our next one is you're such and then insert the insulting name. Oh, quite aggressive behavior. Our next one is that's not true, you're being ridiculous. Gas lighting in that as well.
Speaker 2: Think every time you turn your behavior around on someone else, that's niceism.
Speaker 3: Do you know?
Speaker 4: The big one for me is I'm sorry that's how you feel. I'm sorry that that's how you feel. I'm sorry that's yeah, it drives me insane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay. The final one is if you don't do so and so, then I'll leave. That is turning the situation back on its head. Yeah, Like the person who is speaking to you has got the threat, and all of a sudden you're like no, no, no, no, no no. If you don't change. I'm threatening you with me leaving. Yeah right, that's a real so narcissistic behavior. So what about as well, ladies, if I'll suggest you, in the spirit of Jack from Maths that I don't know if I was to suggest that one was to say, put a muzzle on one's partner, how would that go down?
Speaker 8: You reckon?
Speaker 3: Not overly?
Speaker 1: Well, doesn't does it?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I've sort of found that as well.
Speaker 2: No, it's like tame your rapid dog, that is your partner. Know, he's not going to sit well to me?
Speaker 1: Right now, what you're saying sounds like you're overreacting.
Speaker 3: Can you put a muzzle on your partner?
Speaker 1: Hello? Is that Amazon? Yes? Can I visit one? Two, three?
Speaker 2: Fo?
Speaker 1: Can I get four muzzle snaksacting? We're going back in time on this Daisy heritable sex. See Monday, welcome, Grab Monday by the horns and just kick it in the gear. All right. You've got to be firm with this thing, otherwise it can take you in all sorts of errant directions.
Speaker 3: So glad you said horns?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so good? Is that what I said?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Twenty six to February. Let's take a little trip down memory lane. Let's go back to nineteen ninety one. Worldwide WHEB, that is WWW, the first Internet browser was introduced by Tim Berners Lee. That's not the wrestling, No, who's not the wrestling? The Internet forum? And who knows what sort of stuff people get up to on the Internet. And at what age you discovered that there was other things you look at it except for sport. I'm I'm just saying words. I'm just saying.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is not an autobiograph and tis for you to reflect on your teenage four years thank you.
Speaker 1: Anyway, we have spoken about it before the time. Our computer at home is getting viruses for some reasons. Yeah, so they got an expertie and to work out what was going on. Somebody the family had been doing some errant browsing.
Speaker 2: Okay, and did that somebody have to have a conversation with somebody's dad.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, and dad was very open about what had been searched and viewed.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And somebody was very embarrassing.
Speaker 3: That must have been awful for that for somebody.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, I never forgot it. Two thousand and four, Jetstar launched in Australia and they said, you know what, there will never be any belake. No, never, never, never, any.
Speaker 3: Cancel over, certainly not.
Speaker 2: We'll always be on time, it will be efficient, and we'll have one hundred percent customer satisfaction.
Speaker 1: Every single time. Might even make it one hundred and ten percent, so how that goes.
Speaker 2: Sure, we're cheaper, but oh my goodness, we're not going to skimp on customer service.
Speaker 1: Twenty twelve, the human Domino's record was broken in New Orleans. A total of eight hundred and fifty volunteers and their mattresses were pushed over backwards in turn, each one knocking over the next person they smashed the previous test record. Mattresses for the New Orleans events were donated and went to various local charities.
Speaker 3: Oh I love that.
Speaker 1: That sounds fun. That is a good fun six boy, and that would have been a fun news story.
Speaker 3: We should take on New Orleans in this space.
Speaker 1: Oh, I smell an idea coming. I can smell aport on and i'ment song. On feb twenty six In twenty eleven, was born this way by Gaga.
Speaker 5: My mom told me when
Speaker 6: Else young, we're rama superscars