Speaker 1: On scor Lives Ostrodya. This is the Reader Panalty Show.
Speaker 2: Good evening and welcome to the Reader Panehy Show. We have a packed program for you tonight. We'll be crossing live to the Hague where US President Donald Trump is due to holday press conference.
Speaker 3: Anytime now, we'll bring you that live.
Speaker 2: Trump is in the Netherlands for the NATO summit, where European leaders have rolled out the red carpet for the US President, and we have a stellar lineup of guests for you tonight to discuss the day's top stories. Joining me are John Henderaker, Josh Hammer, Professor Max Abrams, and Peter Hassen covering all.
Speaker 3: The latest from NATO.
Speaker 2: But no matter what is happening around the world, we always make time for lefties losing it, and tonight the President had his say on the worst lefty media outlets.
Speaker 4: Shean Eda scums, he has scum.
Speaker 5: The New York Times has scme.
Speaker 2: They're bad people, They're sick, As I said, Donald Trump will be speaking shortly from.
Speaker 3: The NATO summit in the Netherlands. We did hear from the President.
Speaker 2: Earlier today, just a few hours ago, with NATO Secretary General Mark Rutter and the Secretary General had nothing but praise for the President.
Speaker 6: I just want to recognis you were the stage affection.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 1: You were a man of strength, which you're also a man of peace, and the fact that you were an old also successful in getting this sase fire done between Israel and Iram. I really want to.
Speaker 7: Command you for that.
Speaker 2: Now, NATO countries are expected to endorse higher defense spending, with a goal of five percent of GDP being devoted to defense.
Speaker 8: I've been asking them to go up to five percent for a number of years, and they're going up to five percent from two percent, and a lot of people don't even prepare the two percent. So I think it's going to be a very big news. NATO is going to become very strong with us.
Speaker 2: Let's bring in Newsweek's senior editor at Large and Article three senior Project Council Josh Hamma. Josh, it looks like the red carpet has been rolled out for the president. We're not hearing any more nonsense about the President being a threat to NATO. He only ever wanted the NATO partners to pull their weight and spend more on defense, and they're agreeing to do that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, read A.
Speaker 9: It's hard from my perspective to night distance or it's hard to separate this red carpet rollout that the President is currently receiving over in the Hague. It's hard to distance that from Operation Midnight Hammer in a riot. And I'll explain that for the following reason, which is that that was an unmitigated reminder I think Tonido, to the Western World, to the free World, whatever verbia you would like, it was an unmitigated reminder that America is still here. America is still here in America still means business on the world stage, and America is still going to assert its priorities in xyz ways there. To me, these two things are actually directly related. I mean, think back to Jdvan's speech at the Muniing Security Conference back back in February. There the Europeans were not particularly pleased with a lot of what JD.
Speaker 6: Evans had to say.
Speaker 9: You can you compare and contrast that back in February to this red carpet now with the NATO summit now there, it seems to me like the Europeans and NATO at large are starting to wake up and remember that America is still the big, the big elephant in the room. But to your point, yes, it's really not a particularly big ask, is it that these countries contribute to their own national defense? That is the basic MAGA America first nationalist realist perspective. As a geopolitics and form relations in general, Donald Trump does not want these various independent nations, let alone the European Union, as a collective block. He doesn't want them to be far flung American provinces or satrapy of the global American Empire. He wants them to be free, independent and flourishing nation states. And the only way that they can do that is if they contribute efficiently to their own self defense. The final thing they'll say is that this is all kind of part of a long term plan for the United States to ideally shift its resources to the Indo Pacific, which is a long time in the making there to deal with our number one threat, the Chinese Communist Party. The goal here is to try to build up the European powers to take care of their own backyard, namely lamer Putin and the Kremlin.
Speaker 2: Now, Josh, we also heard from Marco Rubio earlier today, and he is none too happy with some anonymous deep state hack trying to undermine what Operation Midnight Hammer achieved.
Speaker 10: Now, anything in the world can be rebuilt, but now we know where it is and they try to rebuild it, we'll have options there as well. But all this leaker stuff, these leakers are professional stabbers, that's what they are. They go out and they read this stuff and then they tell you what it says against the law, but they characterize.
Speaker 5: It for you in a way that absolutely faults.
Speaker 10: There's no way Iran comes to the table of somehow nothing had happened. This was complete and total obliteration.
Speaker 2: Josh, what of this report that claims that Iran's nuclear program has only suffered a minor setback.
Speaker 9: So it's worth noting, Rita that the reporter who first got this scoop from this leaker, Natasha Bertrand, is the same reporter who was first responsible for trying to dismiss the Hunter Biden laptop back in October of twenty twenty as so called Russian disinformation. So that should be a first, major, major gargantuan red flag is that the original source of this leaker is not a particularly trustworthy source. To put a mildly there, but I think what's happening here at Rita is you have a lot of people in the deep state of the intelligence community in the United States that are not merely probably sympathetic towards the Irani regime, are not merely hostile and opposed to America's ally Israel. They're probably opposed to the United States itself. They're definitely opposed a lot of these deep state bureaucrats and the intelligenmuis. They're definitely opposed to President Donald J.
Speaker 6: Trump.
Speaker 9: So if you're trying to undermine and throw Donald J. Trump under the bus, what is the easiest way to do so, other than to dismiss this spectacular military operation and say that immlily just set it back by a few months. Now, the Israeli is what it's worth. My understanding is that their intelligence is that the Iranian nucer program was set back at least by multiple years. Maybe it was not literally obliterated for here and there in all time. But here's what I'll say Ria, for the United States, the Iranians are obviously a major threat for Israel. It's an existential threat. So if Israel was willing to agree to the ceasefire, which they were. That says a lot. That means they were very satisfied with with what actually happened on Midnight Hammer.
Speaker 2: Now, Josh, let's hear from Donald Trump's Special envoy to the Middle A Stave Witkough. He spoke to Fox News earlier today about a possible new deal with Iran.
Speaker 11: We're already talking to each other, not just directly but also through interlock you tours. I think that the conversations are promising. We're hopeful that we can have a long term peace agreement that raise that resurrecs Iran, that brings it into the League of Nations.
Speaker 3: Josh, is that realistic?
Speaker 2: Could we have a long term piece still on the table, one that the Iranians will actually abide by?
Speaker 9: Red I've been critical at times of Steve Wikoff. I'm not entirely sure that he is that he is sober enough. Frankly, when it comes to some of the actors that he is sitting down at the negotiating table with and the Iranians, that the Mullahs are are probably the number one example of that. I mean, this is one of the greatest problems going back two and a half, three, maybe even four decades is that these people are the most sniveling, lying, Yeah, the biggest wires and the things of the earth. Frankly, for lack of bear description there, I mean, you simply cannot trust them to abide by anything remotely resembled the words that are written on a piece of paper. This is one of the myriad flaws of Barack Obama's JCPOA nuclear deal back in twenty fifteen. Is one of the reasons why I was skeptical of these repeated rounds of American diplomacy earlier on in this second administration.
Speaker 6: There is that you simply cannot trust.
Speaker 9: These people, which, by the way, also raised the question as to how you can expect them to abide by the actual ceasefire. Thus far, it seems like it's actually going very well in the very very very early stages here, so God willing that will hold there. But color me profoundly skeptical that this current regime, with this current leadership can be brought into the League of Nations, the Western panoply there. Look, I would love nothing less, I would love to be proven wrong there. I just simply do not see it happening. It's just not in the nature of who these people are. It's simply, it simply defies human nature and human reality.
Speaker 2: Now, staying with NATO, the Ukrainian President Voladimir Zelenski, he's arrived at the summit and interestingly he's wearing a suit, Josha, But I think he wants to annoy President Trump again. But on a more serious note, the end of the Russian Ukraine will must be a top priority for the President at this meeting.
Speaker 9: Oh, I think it's a number one priority. I think it is easily his top priority at this current meeting. There, Donald Donald Trump campaigned over and over and over again on getting a diplomatic off ramp, on getting a ceasefire to the Russia Ukraine War, a war that has gone on for way too long. You know, the media reports incessantly about the various conflicts in the Middle East. All the wars in the Middle East combined over the past three three and a half years pale in comparison, frankly, to the carnage and the death toll there in Eastern Europe.
Speaker 6: This has been a horrific, brutal war.
Speaker 9: The country of Ukraine has been set back by at least a half century, if not more. Talking about all the young men and women who have been killed, people who have fled. It's just awful. It's absolutely awful, and ultimately for what gain. I still kind of sometimes struggle to answer that question to myself there. So this is an absolute pressing priority for President Donald Trump. I'm inclined to think based on what we were just saying about this new REDI carpet treatment, this new agreement by some of the European powers to vow to raise their defense panding to five percent of GDP, I'm optimistic that maybe, just maybe the European powers are willing to play ball here and try to convince both Zolenski and Putin to get and sit down at the negotiating table. Look, for a while, Rita, I thought that there was more pressure that was needed on Zelenski there. At this point, I think that probably more pressure is currently need on Putin because the Russians have not slowed down at all. People are dying in Key of Ukraine on a basically nightly basis there. So we'll see, I mean, Trump's gonna have to be a little tougher.
Speaker 6: At the moment on Putin. Let's see what kind of sanctions are in the works there.
Speaker 9: But he's gonna do everything he can to try and get a peace deal that I know for sure.
Speaker 2: Now, just quickly to other news, we had the Democratic Socialist Zoran Mandani. He declared victory today in the New York City Democratic mayoral primary.
Speaker 3: An astonishing development, Josh.
Speaker 2: This man is a radicol and given the demographics of New York City, is likely to be the next mayor.
Speaker 9: What a catastrophe, you know, I was. I was born and raised in the New York suburbs. I still have a lot of family. Most of my family is still there in the broader New York City area. I mean, what an unmitigated catastrophe to to have a young thirty something year old socialist, a defund the police, defund ice kind of craze, far left, pseudo Marxist lunatic. I mean, what could possibly go wrong? I mean, New York City is still, in theory the beacon of American power when it comes to finance and technology and trade and this and that there. Look, I would expect a lot of industry, of banks, maybe even stock exchanges to start making a slow egress and exit out of New York in the years to come, and this is actually the way that that New Yorkers want to ultimately control their own sovereignty and the destiny of this. If this is what they want to do, then I think that that capital and business will respond in cond The one thing that I will add readA as a Floridian is that you know, I've Florida's close. I'm I'm not sure how many of these I'm not sure how many more of these flee New Yorkers. How we want to come down here to the Sunshine State. But you know, look joking aside there, I genuinely do expect that there will be pretty severe repercussions and ravocations when it comes to business and capital trying to flee New York. It is an unmitigate catastrop for New York City.
Speaker 2: Oh absolutely, I think property prices in places like Tennessee and Texas.
Speaker 3: And Florida are going to skyrocket.
Speaker 2: We've already got any flux of New Yorkers going into those states, and I think that's going to increase. But just on this particular character, he appears to have a bit of the Kamalas about him.
Speaker 3: Have a listened to this.
Speaker 7: On the subject of trust, You've adopted different speaking accents in different scenarios, but.
Speaker 5: They go to their local bodega.
Speaker 3: Is there one that's real and one that's affected?
Speaker 12: What I would say is, as any immigrant knows, having been born in Kampala, Uganda and then raised in South Africa and moving here when I'm seven years old, is there different parts of my life? World?
Speaker 5: I Joy is a world way, Joy is a world wad 'mon done?
Speaker 11: He was talking about a worldwide press tour back when he was.
Speaker 3: A rapper fish in a Disney movie directed by his mother clot Nepotism and hard work goes a long way, Josh, I am lost for words. What can you say?
Speaker 2: New York Because they keep voting for this, you can hardly feel sorry for them. They keep voting for these types of characters. Josh, Amma, thank you so much for your time. Let's bring in Peter Hassen. Now he's the Washington Free Beacon editor. Peter Donald Trump's going to be speaking soon at NATO, but we've heard from him earlier today, and we also heard from the NATO Secretary General Mark Rutta, and he's been full of praise for the President. He wrote a text President Trump saying Donald, you have driven us to a really really important moment for America and Europe and the world. You will achieve something no American president in decades could get done.
Speaker 3: This is all very.
Speaker 2: Different, Peta, to the sort of atmosphere that greater Donald Trump during his first term when he really didn't get a warm reception at NATO.
Speaker 13: Yeah, you know, I think that goes to one of the clear differences between Trump's first term and his second term is that Trump's first term was treated as a joke or an aberration by you know, elites, not just in the US but all over the world.
Speaker 5: That's something that they shouldn't have to take seriously.
Speaker 13: Whereas now Donald Trump's second term, it's very clear that he's here to stay. The MAGA movement is here to stay, and it's something to be taken seriously. And he is, you know, here's someone who keeps tabs on how people treat him and how people treat the country, and so I think he expects a certain amount of respect for world leaders.
Speaker 5: I think they're finally starting to catch up.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think that's something our Prime minister has found out the hard way. He and some of his senior ministers have said some uncomplimentary things about the President in the past, and guess what our Prime minister hasn't been able to secure what on one meeting with the President thus far. So this is I think, yes, something to remember that he has a very long memory. Now here is praise for the President from an unlikely source, former Biden National Security Council Coordinator for the Middle East, Brett McGirk.
Speaker 3: He had this to say on CNN.
Speaker 6: Look, bottom line, this is about the best place we can be.
Speaker 14: I give extremely high marks to this national security team and President Trump for managing this crisis and given where we are.
Speaker 5: But now let's follow through. There's a chance for diplomacy.
Speaker 2: Here and Peter, while there are Democrats who are pushing to impage Donald Trump for these strikes against Iran's nuclear sides, there were one hundred and twenty eight Democrats which joined the Republicans to block a bit bid to impeach the president. We only had seventy nine Democrats voting to proceed with an impeachment vote.
Speaker 3: What does that tell you, Peter?
Speaker 13: That tells me that the Democratic leadership is is fully aware of how out of touch the progressive base that has gotten with the rest of the country.
Speaker 5: I mean to even float an impeachment for that is wildly out of bouts.
Speaker 13: When you have Nancy Pelosi is saying it's not something to be taken seriously, and Nancy Pelosi is the last person that anybody is going to accuse of being too soft on Trump. When you have heard saying that this is a step too far, that really tells you all you need to know. But at the same time, you know that is kind of a sign of where their party is going in the long term. Is the AOC wing of the party and I think we saw that with so Ron Mondannie's win in the primary last night. It's as clear of a sign as it is that, you know, as out of step as the progressive wing may be, that is the direction that the party's voters wants them to go.
Speaker 2: Peter Hasson, thank you so much for your time, and we're just gonna go to a quick break because we expect to hear from Donald Trump on the other side.
Speaker 3: I'll see you in a couple of minutes.
Speaker 2: You're watching the Rider Panny Show, and it's time for lefties losing it and they've done it now.
Speaker 3: Daddy's mad.
Speaker 2: It's bad enough that the president has to deal with lefties losing it on networks like CNN and MSNBC, networks pumping out Li's hysteriaan Hate twenty four to seven.
Speaker 3: But the Commander in Chief was also fed up.
Speaker 2: With an ally and FO failing to live up to eight piece still and they all copped it, starting with the lefty media outlets.
Speaker 5: You know what they're doing.
Speaker 12: They're really hurting great pilots that put their lives in the line. CNN is scum and so is MSDNC. They're all and frankly, the networks aren't much better. It's all fakeders. But they should not have done that. Those pilots hit their targets. Those targets were obliterated, and the pilots should be given credit. Then not after the pilots are after me. They want to try and to meet you. I think CNN or to apologize to the pilots, the v twos. I think that MSD and co to apologize. I think these guys really, these networks are these cable networks are real losers? You really are? You're realizing.
Speaker 3: Your real losers?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes you are, CNN and MSNBC. Or was he calling them MSN DC. Well, frankly, he was just warming up gutless losers.
Speaker 12: I say that to CNN because I watch it. I have no choice. I gotta watch that garbage. It's all garbage, it's all fake news. But I think CNN is a gutless group of people and the people that run it. Nobody even knows. It's been sold so many times, but the people that run it out to be a shame. MSD and C again named Brian Roberts. He heads it. He's a disgrace. He's a weak, pathetic disgrace.
Speaker 2: Just fantastic stuff and well deserved. I'll show you shortly what inspired that spray. But the President was not done yet. We're going to have a look at one of the greatest moments in Donald Trump's presidency thus far, a moment that will go down in history. And this moment is significant for a number of reasons. The substance of his comments, the manner in which it was delivered, and the confidence is inspired.
Speaker 3: This is a leader, not a politician.
Speaker 15: Do you believe that a run We need to see it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I do.
Speaker 12: They violated it, but Israel violated it too. Israel. As soon as we made the deal, they came out and they dropped the load of Bob's the likes of which I've never seen before, the biggest load that we've seen. I'm not happy with Israel. You know, when I say, okay, now you have twelve hours, you don't go out in the first hour and just drop everything you have on them.
Speaker 4: So I'm not.
Speaker 12: Happy with them. I'm not happy with the Ron either, But I'm really unhappy if Israel's going out this morning because the one rocket that didn't land, that was shot perhaps by mistake, that didn't land, I'm not happy about that. You know what we have to basically have two countries that have been fighting so long and so hard that they don't know what they're doing. Do you understand that.
Speaker 2: Outstanding outstanding, and that sent a message. There was no forceful retaliation by Israel and none further by Iran for now, and folks from both sides.
Speaker 3: Of the political divide appreciated.
Speaker 2: The honesty, the transparency of the moment, but not this blow hard. Let's hear from possibly the dumbest man on British radio, James O'Brien.
Speaker 1: The aftermath of an attack upon nuclear facilities and Keith did my ears deceive me? I think what's clear is that Donald Trump doesn't know what the bleep is going?
Speaker 15: All right?
Speaker 1: Can we agree on that?
Speaker 2: No, we can't agree on that, you contemptible simpleton, just like we don't agree on this defamatory set of lies about the president. Perhaps it will sue LBC fe like he did ABC. That cost ABC a pretty penny, Yes he did. How much might this little rand cost James O'Brien's employer.
Speaker 1: But as it is, it's the self confessed sex offender who you're cheering for his attitude towards transgender women. It's a self confessed sex offender, the guy who boasts about grabbing women by their genitals.
Speaker 3: Did he say he grabbed them without their consent?
Speaker 2: Pretty sure he didn't say that, James. But let's get back to what had the president ropeable in the past twenty four hours, And it was reporting like this.
Speaker 3: Here is CNN.
Speaker 2: Reporting as gospel leaked to them by some desperate, hacked and anonymous low level loser from the Deep State, if I may quote the Press secretary.
Speaker 14: There essentially looking at the images and looking at what was actually damaged. The Defense Intelligence Agency has assessed that the components of Iran's nuclear program are largely intact, and that Iron's nuclear program has essentially only been set back by months.
Speaker 2: Sure, Jan just months nuclear sides bomb to Smitherines just set back a few months. Here is how dishonest CNN can be had their only objective is to damage Donald Trump.
Speaker 3: Let's have a look at this.
Speaker 2: Presenter, Aaron Burnett, first claiming last week that there was no need to bomb Iran's nuclear sides because there were years away from developing a weapon, if indeed Iran even wanted a weapon.
Speaker 7: This timeline of Iran being a few weeks away from a nuclear bomb is in direct contradiction to CNN's reporting. According to US intelligence assessments, Iran is three years away from being able to produce a nuclear weapon if they wanted to. So the facts on Iran getting a nuclear weapon do not bear out the claim at the heart of what has put the world on the verge of World war World.
Speaker 3: War hyperboly much.
Speaker 2: Here is the same activist journalists less than a week later saying the American strikes only put back Iran's nuclear weapon ambitions by a matter of months.
Speaker 7: Only set back the Iranian nuclear program by months.
Speaker 3: We got to call it like it is. It's a big deal, unbelievable.
Speaker 2: And here is sin in Aaron Burnett again claiming that those chanting death to America in.
Speaker 3: Iran are actually really friendly.
Speaker 2: Well, perhaps they're friendly to her because she's the very definition of a useful idiot.
Speaker 7: They're chanting death to America all around me, even as I say, oh, I'm an American reporting for CNN, and they were happy to speak to me. So those two sort of jarring realities of the chant and yet the friendliness have existed together, Nawanda.
Speaker 2: Donald Trump gave them made outlets another big serve earlier today during this press conference at the Hague.
Speaker 1: You had some great reporters, but you have scum.
Speaker 4: CNN is scum, MSDS is scum. The New York Times is scum. They're bad people, They're sick. And what they've done is they're trying to make this unbelievable victory into something worse.
Speaker 2: And we will be crossing to the NATO summit shortly to hear from President Trump.
Speaker 3: That press conference has.
Speaker 2: Been delayed because the President is having a private meeting with the Ukrainian leader, President Zelenski, and as soon as that press conference is underway, we will be crossing life to it.
Speaker 3: But joining me now.
Speaker 2: Is the president of the Center of the American Experiment, John Heindereiker.
Speaker 3: John, you don't hear straight.
Speaker 2: Talk like that from a politician too often. What was your reaction when you heard that raw commentary on Iran and Israel break the ceasepy do, Rita?
Speaker 16: We've all gotten used to this. There's never been a president in our history and very few political leaders who who talk like that. But we're used to it now and it doesn't shock us anymore. And frankly, it's hard not to agree with the substance of what Trump said. He's done a wonderful job here. He's devastated Iran's nuclear program, which was a serious threat to US as well as to Israel and others. He's brought about a ceasefire now between Israel and Iran, and the left can't stand it, you know, they hate success, and so this is what Trump gets so irate about.
Speaker 3: And what do you make.
Speaker 2: Of the claims that these strikes did little to hurt Iran's ability to develop nuclear weapons? Do you put any credibility to those claims?
Speaker 12: None?
Speaker 16: Rita A big problem we have in American government is that when we have a Republican president, Democrats the bureaucracy will continually leak things that they think are damaging to the president. Now they might be true, they might be completely false, but the media treats it like gospel, you know, because it's a leak, that means it must be true. And that's what's going on here. Somebody somewhere in the Intelligence Committee leaked a claim that, well, maybe there wasn't so much damage after all, but we really don't know. I think it's blindingly obvious. You drop those bunker busting bombs, you drop thirty Tomahawk missiles on Iran. We've all seen the photographs of what these areas look like. The damage that was done was absolutely enormous. And I think Trump is right to be angry at these news outlets and this leaker on behalf of the pilots and the military people who carried out the attack.
Speaker 2: And he really does seem to be genuinely angry about this one. I mean, he has all sorts of lies. In Hyssyrian high herbally said about his administration on a daily basis, But I've seldom seen him John take something so personally and so personally on behalf of those involved in this operation.
Speaker 16: Yeah, that's exactly right, reader. I would add one more thing. You know, some of the Democrats in Congress are complaining that Trump didn't give them any advance notice about the attack. Why didn't you tell Congress before? And Well, the answer is if he had done that, the Democrats in Congress would have leaked it. They would have destroyed the secrecy of the attack. That's the state of politics at America.
Speaker 2: Reader, Well, yeah, the element of surprise would have been lost, but I have no doubt that some Democrats would have leaked it. Now we've seen Joe Biden's National Secretary Council Coordinator for the Middle East, Brett McGirk, praise the president's decisive action against Iran, but there hasn't been any such praise from Biden's Secretary of State and Anthony Blincoln.
Speaker 3: He's condemned the.
Speaker 2: Strikes on Iran's nuclear facilities, who wrote a piece for The New York Times and he said the strikes on three of Iran's nuclear facilities by the United States was unwise and unnecessary. What do you make of that criticism? John Blinken is not happy with the President for tearing up the nuclear deal with Iran.
Speaker 16: Well, Anthony Blinkett is a hardcore Democratic Party partisan. He's the guy who organized the fifty one former intelligence officials commonly referred to as the Dirty fifty one to lie about Hunter Biden's laptop and the information it contained about Joe Biden. They knew it was genuine, but to help Joe Biden get elected, they organized this effort to lie about it. And Anthony Blinken is the number one guy who did that. So nothing that he says should be taken seriously. You know that Obama Plan, I think almost everyone agrees now it was a joke. He gave Iran billions of dollars, they signed a piece of paper, and they kept on working on enriching uranium. The UN Agency said over and over again, they're cheating. They're not disclosing that the Obama Joint Plan of Action was a fiasco, and I think almost everyone realizes that.
Speaker 2: Now, Let's have a look at some polling on how Americans feel about this issue, about how they feel on Iran having nuclear weapons. Let's listen to san An's polling expert Harry.
Speaker 15: Enton, there's more support for Donald Trump's positions than is comically acknowledged opposer Iran getting a nuclear weapon. I mean, look at this, seventy nine percent of adults agree on that they agree with Donald Trump and Ron cannot get a nuclear weapon, eighty three percent of Republicans, seventy nine percent of Independence, seventy nine percent of Democrats. When you get seventy nine percent of Democrats and eighty three percent of Republicans agreeing on anything, you know that that position is the very clear majority in this country.
Speaker 2: Wow, that is surprising that you've got almost identical numbers across the board. That rarely happens on any issue.
Speaker 16: John, It almost never happens, Rita. We're so divided in America. But what it shows is that people realize this is a major national security issue. We don't want to get hit with a nuclear bomb by Iran. And I mean, there's not a big minority on that issue. I see other polling Rita that people who identify themselves as MAGA Republicans, which is Trump's real base, over ninety percent support the action that he's taken here in Iran. The idea that there's a big division and the American people over this. It just isn't true.
Speaker 2: Now, as for the strikes against Iran, we do know there are many Republicans unhappy about the US's involvement. But though they are loud and some of them are very influential, there minority in the Republican Party.
Speaker 15: There's this idea. Okay, maybe the MAGA base wouldn't necessarily like this. Look, this is Donald Trump's Republican Party. That's why I think is so important to note GOP on the US air strikes in a run, seventy six percent in the average of the two Poles approved, compared to just eighteen percent who disapproved. Now, well, note that is a bit higher than Donald Trump's disapprove a rating within the Republican Party. But overall Republicans are with Donald Trump on this.
Speaker 3: John Harry is right there.
Speaker 2: This is now Donald Trump's Republican Party, and the base will go with him, even if they're a little bit uncomfortable about the direction he's varying.
Speaker 17: It.
Speaker 16: As long as things go, well, he's not going to lose any of that support. I don't think there's any prospect of US ground troops in Iran. I don't think there's any prospect of this somehow going bad, sort of like a rock did in two thousand and six. And as long as things continue to go well, he's going to have overwhelming support from American people, and especially overwhelming support from the Republican Party.
Speaker 2: How how is he going domestically. We have spent so much time looking at how he's performing in foreign affairs, But on those Corey shoes that he won the election on. There were the cultural war issues, there was the immigration crisis and inflation.
Speaker 3: Is he on top of those issues? I think he is.
Speaker 16: Reading Number one, He pledged to close the border. The Democrats said, oh no, it can't be done. When he closed the border, in a matter of weeks, illegal immigration has stopped. I mean it's come to virtually zero, and now they're carrying out deportations starting with the most dangerous criminal illegal aliens. He's got broad support for those actions throughout the American public. I think one thing that's important to keep our eye on is the so called Big Beautiful Bill, this massive spending bill that extends the tag cuts from Trump's first term that otherwise are going to expire at the end of the year. That has passed the House. It's working its way through the Senate in slightly different form. We're told the Senate is probably going to pass it by July fourth, and if they do and it gets signed into law, this is going to be the big win domestically of Donald Trump's first year.
Speaker 3: John Heinerecher, It's always a pleasure.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for your time tonight, and don't go anywhere after the break. Anthony Albanize is said to meet with Gijiping again for the fourth time, and yet he can't get that one on one meeting with President Trump.
Speaker 3: And we will hopefully be crossing to.
Speaker 2: The President in the Netherlands as he speaks to the press. Welcome back. We are still waiting to hear from the President, waiting with the rest of the wor world with baited breath, tour.
Speaker 3: Here from President Trump.
Speaker 2: He is at the NATO summit in the Netherlands, and we will cross to the summit as soon as that press conference is underway. But joining me now is international security expert and professor of political science at Northeastern University, Max Abrams.
Speaker 3: Max, welcome back to the program.
Speaker 2: I wanted to get your reaction to Donald Trump's comments earlier today regarding the success of the Iranian strike. He refuted very strongly these claims that Operation Midnight Hammer did little to damage Iran's nuclear ambitions.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 17: Well, there are two different views on this. I certainly am of the opinion that both the Americans and has realized did substantial damage to Iran's nuclear program. That seems to be the possession of Israeli intelligence. The Americans. Also, the head of the IAEA has said that there's been significant damage. Plus, I just trust the science. I mean, you drop fourteen of those massive bunker busters. We've seen in the photographic imagery that the hits were directly on target. Now you can't see, you know, a huge blast, but that's because the bombs actually penetrate through the mountain, and I suspect that they're increasingly we're going to get confirmation that whatever was underneath or nearby those bombs was taken out. Trump, of course, has a lot of haters, and he is haters even within his own administration. This story has been pumped out by CNN and The New York Times despite the science, actually the nuclear weapons program remains intact. As an empiricist, I'll continue to watch wherever the evidence leads, but at this point I think that Donald Trump is most likely correct.
Speaker 2: It's been amusing to watch CNN, in particular, I played some clips earlier in the program where the same reporter last week is claiming the Iranians are years away from any sort of nuclear capacity, and then she's saying, well, they've only been set back a couple of months. They could still have a weapon in a couple of months. I mean, it's a picolaid. But Donald Trump's success in handling the conflict in the Middle East has earned him another Noble Peace Prize nomination. We discussed on the program earlier this week, the nomination that came from Pakistan for Donald Trump. He's received another one today from US representative Body Kata, though.
Speaker 3: Max, I don't think he is likely to win an.
Speaker 2: Award that appears these days to be reserved exclusively for the political left.
Speaker 17: I've been very happy with Trump's handling of the Iran conflict. He's gotten all sorts of advice, and I think that he rejected a lot of advice and picked the best path forward. There were many people who said that, you know that the United States shouldn't attack at all. There were other people saying the United States should not just attack the nuclear weapons program, but should go even further into topple the regime in Tehran. I think he picked the best path by attacking the nuclear sites, but also knowing not to go too far. There are many Americans, I think very understandably who didn't want another regime change war, and in that sense, he rejected the neocons, but he also rejected many of the so called realists who didn't want the United States to do anything at all. And it seems like that both the Americans and Israelis have done substantial damage to the nuclear program without having American fingerprints on a country that could really go or rye. I'm not at all sympathetic to the regime in Tehran, but when there's a regime change war, it becomes extremely unpredictable, as we've seen in Libya, as we saw in Iraq, and so for that reason I do think that Trump should get a Nobel Peace Prize.
Speaker 12: Well.
Speaker 2: I do believe Iran is different from Libya and Iraq for a number of reasons. But you are one hundred percent right about Donald Trump being really trying to appease both sides of his party here, and he spoke earlier today about not pushing for regime change in Iran. He just said he doesn't want to have the chaos that that would bring. I want to ask you though about matts closer to home for US in Australia, there are reports that our Prime Minister Anthony Albanesi could have another meeting with Jijiping. This would be his fourth meeting, but he has so far not managed to secure a meeting with President Trump. Max, do you see the US Australia relationship as being strained in any way? We do know that the Albanesi government's attitude to Israel hasn't always been pleasing for the US, and neither has some of the things that the Prime Minister and some of his ministers have had to say over the years about President Trump himself.
Speaker 17: You know, that's a little bit outside of my wheelhouse. I focus more on on the Middle East terrorism stuff, so I don't want to misspeak about that. I'm really not sure.
Speaker 2: No, No, I appreciate I appreciate you saying that that is. That is, Yet we're always interested in how you married toxic the relationship.
Speaker 3: That's why I love having you on the program.
Speaker 17: One thing I do want to ask you.
Speaker 3: Is the main I know you've personally been.
Speaker 2: Well, yes, I want to ask you about that because I know you've been a victim of the rise in anti Semitism in America and American university campuses.
Speaker 3: We've spoken about that in the past. How do you feel about.
Speaker 2: A man who wants to globalize the Intervada winning New York City's democratic mayoral primaries or men? Dammy, well, he looks said to be mayor. New York City is a very blue area. This man could be the next mayor of New York.
Speaker 17: I think that the war on terrorism is officially over when it looks like the mayor of New York City could be an open supporter of the global into Fada. He wants to bring the war in Gaza home. And this is just so appalling to me. I'm from the Northeast. We were particularly affected by you know, nine to eleven, and it is just crazy that in the city of the World Trade Center towers, it looks like it's quite possible that the mayor could be an advocate for antifada inside of the United States. It seems to me that that's the last thing that the United States or any Western countries need is more extremism. This alliance between the far left in the islamis so I think that this is deeply troubling. I think that this is a bigger concern than just New York. I think it's indicative of the direction of the Democratic Party and where the United States and so many other Western countries are going.
Speaker 2: Well, let's have a look at a clip from a popular streamer called Sneaker. He explains why he voted for this character.
Speaker 7: I supported him because he's the only non Zionist candidate on that stage.
Speaker 3: I thought you needed to be bond and solved.
Speaker 16: But people are energetic, people aren't tired of the Zionism, and I'm excited.
Speaker 6: To see what he's got.
Speaker 3: I'm not a socialist myself.
Speaker 6: I don't want everyone to be a communist get free stuff.
Speaker 16: But I think, yes, some cool.
Speaker 2: Ideas, and I've heard that over and over again. I don't know how prevalent it was amongst his supporters, but there seemed to be this anti Zionist sentiment max as much as all the radical economic policies this character is putting forward.
Speaker 17: I think that it's really problematic because he is very well known for being anti Zionist. He started up a student group when he was younger in college, Students for Justice and Palestine, and they're not just pro Palestine, but many of them are really quite extremist. Simultaneously, he calls for a reduction in the police force, and so I would expect to see and you can quote me on this, I would expect to see a rise in violence in New York City. Yes, again the large Jewish population, but even more broadly against New Yorkers. What's also really worrisome is that he is depicting himself as a mainstream Democrat politician. And indeed the strategists, some of sort of like the Democrat establishment political strategists of Biden and Kamala agree and they say, yes, this guy is the future of the Democratic Party. He is an important model for Democrats to follow. And again that makes this a much bigger issue than just what's going on locally in New York. It makes it a national issue and arguably even an international issue. With the global Intofada, there are so many countries around the West that are suffering from this kind of extremism, and apparently he wants to bring that to New York City as well.
Speaker 13: Well.
Speaker 2: We've seen that sort of politics normalized, haven't we In the last few years. We had the Squad and they're as a radical as you will see, and they seem to have some of the loudest voices amongst the Democrats now who are sort of ruddless. So could this be what we expect to see from the Democrats going forward? This radical wing really setting the agenda.
Speaker 17: Absolutely, And the one benefit I could think is there could be some sort of dialectical process where you know, traditional Democrats look at this kind of extremism and they say, you know what, this isn't the party that I used to support. So hopefully some of them will flake off and enjoin what I consider to be the more sane party. I wouldn't even be surprised if some people move out of New York City because you know, with rising crime and all sorts of other problems that this socialist mayor would bring, it could lead to some you know, larger transitions.
Speaker 2: Now we are just waiting to hear from President Trump.
Speaker 3: He's a little bit late with.
Speaker 2: His press conference, but we'll be crossing to it shortly, expecting him in the next couple of minutes, Max, what would you see as a successful NATO summit for the president. Does he need to secure substantial increases in defense spending from the NATO partners.
Speaker 17: The irony is that Trump's critics have long accused him as being, you know, a Russian agent or a Russian asst, in cahoots with Russia, soft on Russia, and yet it's Trump who has substantially revitalize NATO. NATO isn't worth much if member states are not actually taking money from their national economies and building up this military alliance. And it already seems to be the case that he has scored crucial successes in raising the member state contributions from two percent to the projected five percent. He's sometimes accused of being anti NATO, but he's actually really good for NATO, and the fact that he is there really shows his commitment to this important alliance.
Speaker 2: Well, this is the thing so many of his critics miss about Donald Trump. And there's plenty from the conservative side who also missed the particularly conservative commentators in the West.
Speaker 3: He's all about outcomes, Max.
Speaker 2: He's willing to say some harsh things about NATO that people will say it puts the alliance at risk, and it's a threat to NATO. But what he's trying to do is to get increase spending to actually strengthen NATO. And that's the end result. With Trump, it's not about the retric.
Speaker 3: It's not about the tactics. It's all about outcomes.
Speaker 17: That's true. I mean, rhetorically, he has threatened to distance himself in the United States from NATO if member states don't get their act together. But that message actually seems to have worked.
Speaker 2: Okay, Professor Max Abrams, I'm going to have to thank you for your time because we're going to cross to the hag now and hear from President Donald Trump.