Speaker 1: So lucky that you were listening. We love you so much, you beaty little ky.
Speaker 2: Hi everyone, Hi yall, Hey y'all.
Speaker 1: This is our lucky dip episodes, a little bite size one where we just dive into a little nugget of something. Yeah, just for you to have a little nibble. This is the entree, so cheese platter.
Speaker 2: Let me reach in what you got today? Okay, I have got facts about this movie.
Speaker 1: One of the best.
Speaker 2: How many times do you reckon? You've seen Grease?
Speaker 1: Nine hundred thousand? When I was a kid, I could rewatch movies over and over. I could never rewatch a movie now.
Speaker 2: I almost liked Grease too bad.
Speaker 1: I was going to say Grease too was so shit to me.
Speaker 2: I loved it. Michelle Pfeifer, Oh God, Anyway, I'm going to tell you some facts that maybe you don't know. If you're a real hardcore Grease fan, you might, but I found these fascinating. Okay, So the first choice for Danny Zuko was actually Henry Winkler the Fonds.
Speaker 1: No, I can see, they've quite got a similar look. Key in John Travolta.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he didn't. He didn't want to take it because he didn't want to be sort of type cast in that role like the leather jacket. Yes, the situation. Do you know how long John travolt has been a scientologist for?
Speaker 1: No, Was he a scientologist then? I thought scientology was like a more recent now I thought it started in like twenty twenty two.
Speaker 2: So he was raised Catholic. He converted from Catholicism to scientology in nineteen seventy five. He was twenty one. Incredible. Sorry anyway, At the time of filming Greece, John Travolta was actually in serious mourning because he just lost his girlfriend, who was an actress named Diana Hyland, who died of breast cancer in nineteen seven seven. Yeah, and that is very sadly what his wife, Kelly Preston, will be gone to die from in twenty twenty. Okay, everyone knows. None of the cast were actually high school aged, right, like Olivia Newton John was twenty nine?
Speaker 1: Was she twenty nine?
Speaker 2: She was twenty nine when they filmed Grease.
Speaker 1: It isn't amazing when you look at them, like, what's her name? Rizzo?
Speaker 2: Rizzou was the oldest, so she looked old, thirty three, thirty three?
Speaker 1: Why did they cast such old people to play high.
Speaker 2: Get off playing a fucking seventeen year old at thirty three.
Speaker 1: And Kaniki he looked old. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Kinnicki was twenty six.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so he's not passing as a seventeen year old.
Speaker 2: John Travolta was twenty three. I thought Kaniki was hotter than Danny's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Kiniki was hot.
Speaker 2: Kiniki was the hot one. Yeah, Okay, Elvis Presley, I wish my name was Kaniki. It's a good name, isn't it. I always wanted a good nick.
Speaker 1: I wish my name was Katie Kaniki.
Speaker 2: Kati Kaniki is so good. That's never gonna happen for reasons. We will get to Alvis Presley, who generously provided us with our opening without knowing.
Speaker 1: Thanks Alf.
Speaker 2: He was actually the person who was first approached to play you know, the beauty school dropout bit Frankie Avalont. Yes, he didn't do it.
Speaker 1: He should have done it. It would have been amazing.
Speaker 2: The colonel probably didn't allow it. Yes, but listen to this one. Who's the colonel you know his manager? No, oh, that's a whole Maybe I'll do it, colonel, Yeah it will. Okay, so you know that scene the Sleepoversecene and Rizzou singing you know that look at me, I'm Sandra d And there's a line Elvis, keep your pelvis far from me.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: That scene was recorded on August sixteenth, nineteen seventy seven, which was a day that Elvis died. Isn't that a cowinky.
Speaker 1: Dink winky dink dead Palvis?
Speaker 2: The hickey from Kiniki, Yes, was a real hickey. He insisted. His name's Jeff Conaway. Kiniky is way better. He insisted on giving her real life hickeys. And I never understood the concept of hickeys. What what is it? You just suck on someone's skin so hard that it leaves a mark? Is that sexy?
Speaker 1: Because no, it's not. But I remember when I was young, desperately wanting one.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I remember when I was young, before knowing a hickey was anything doing it.
Speaker 1: Sucker.
Speaker 2: Must have just been watching TV, just fucking sucking on my forearm, myself hickeys all up my forearm, and my mom goes, my god, what have you been doing? I said nothing, I think She goes one of those marks. What have you been doing? And I said, I was just sucking on my arms because don't.
Speaker 1: Do Yeah, they're disgusting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I'm not into a hickey. Okay. So the glad rap that the guys were throwing around in the worst song of all time, the Greased Lightning.
Speaker 1: Part because you don't like the community and everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he hate that song. The glad rap was actually like a reference to condoms.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, tricky.
Speaker 2: Tricky Jeff Conaway. kN Nikki actually injured his back during that Grease Lightning thing where I don't know, dancers dropped him or something and he fell on the car and it resulted in a back injury, then resulted in an addiction to pain medication. No, yes, that ultimately took his life. So he's died hinik Yeah in twenty eleven at age sixty after Yeah.
Speaker 1: So he would have seventy four if he was alive.
Speaker 2: Now, isn't that super?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Rip Kiniky also the gang leader of the Scorpions aka Creative Face.
Speaker 1: Oh, creative Face, I forgot greater face.
Speaker 2: Imagine going for that audition. We just need someone with really bad can you starring? You're perfect for the role.
Speaker 1: Really unbelief? But how his girlfriend was hot?
Speaker 2: Chatcha well? Creative Face His name was Leo Balmudo. He died in nineteen ninety four, aged forty six, from aids. He was actually a really talented like he was a dancer and whatever. Gay man man. Yeah, died at forty six. Wow, that is young. Anette Charles, who played his girlfriend Charcha, died of cancer twenty eleven at sixty three, just three months after Kinicki died.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Susan Buckner, who played Patty Simcox, remember like the dork, but I always remember thinking she was beautiful with the glasses, the real try hard. Yes. Yeah. She died in May of this year, age seventy two.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: And we know our beloved Olivin Newton John has passed away. And this I found really interesting. Kinnicki was infatuated with Livin Newton John, like he used to get really nervous when she was around and stuff. I find this strange. He went on to marry her sister, Tea Rona Newton John, who is Toddy Goldsmith's mom. Ah, so he's not Toddy's dad of no, no, no, no, she passed away. Yeah, he's a Totty's mom.
Speaker 1: So because they would because he died of a drug overdose.
Speaker 2: No, it wasn't a drug overdose, but it was related to years of drug addiction.
Speaker 1: And were they still together when he passed or.
Speaker 2: No, they were married from nineteen eighty to eighty five. That's always been a question in that if you were the sister.
Speaker 1: It's like Travis used to love Kim Kardashian and didn't they go out for a minute.
Speaker 2: It's very weird. We had a friend who originally pursued this girl and then ended up marrying the sister, and I like, I don't think I could get past that. It's very weird.
Speaker 1: It's like the Syrah stuff that's going on with Tish marrying that guy who apparently used to have sex with the daughter what's her name?
Speaker 2: Noah, No, it's too weird. I couldn't get past that.
Speaker 1: I couldn't either be on my mind all the time.
Speaker 2: You like, so I know that you're attracted to my sister.
Speaker 1: Yes, because you are? You were, you were, so there's a part of you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how many fights? How many times did you fight? Oh? Well, because I was the second choice because you couldn't fuck my sister. And the last little fact, which a lot of people probably already know, but there is this big fan conspiracy that the whole movie is a setup of Sandy. In that first scene at the beach where they originally meet, she drowned and the whole movie is her like transition to heaven, which is why in the car at the end, the car takes off and they're looking back going into the sky.
Speaker 1: That's definitely a conspiracy. Yeah, I know, but wow, I like it though, because it doesn't make any sense why they take off into the sky.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 1: I love it all right. Everyone, thank you for joining as today. We appreciate you in so many ways. We'll chat to you soon.
Speaker 2: Love you,