Speaker 1: I want the fairy tale. I want the prince charming.
Speaker 2: She how do I put this? Isn't a fan of my kissing style?
Speaker 1: Boyfriend and girlfriend for about twelve hours. He's in a trash bin. He's non recyclable. Catching them up.
Speaker 2: I love being love, I love love.
Speaker 1: On today's episode of Where's Your Head At, we are asking the question should you train with your partner?
Speaker 2: We look at the pros and cons of using your partner as a gym buddy, and we decide whether it spices up the relationship or whether it's a turn off.
Speaker 1: We also discuss why it could be better to keep some things like hobbies and gym sessions to yourself.
Speaker 2: Stay tuned.
Speaker 1: Where's Your Head At is a podcast that talks all things relationships, breakups, reality TV, trending shows, and everything in between.
Speaker 2: This is your new go to destination for laughs, gossip, intimate details, advice, and much more.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Good morning. We're in the heart of winter.
Speaker 2: It is very cold outside with our warm teas.
Speaker 1: I was actually watching this documentary and it was saying, how.
Speaker 2: You sorry, guys who are listening, it's a hot tea.
Speaker 1: I was watching this documentary and it was saying how good for you? Green tea really is peppermint tea and all of the tea. So my goal at the moment is when I feel like a second or third coffee, I have a tea instead.
Speaker 2: Green tea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, green tea still has some caffeine in it, still use you a bit of a buzz?
Speaker 2: Did I not say this on a recommendation ages ago? The green tea I used to every day bring a firmas to work with me. I used to put, I reckon four green tea bags in there, four, yes, four in there. I used to put some lemon juice in there, a bit of apple sided vinegar nice, and I used to during the day just pour myself out some there you go. Yeah it was really good. I reckon it was really healthy for me and keep me going, stop me going to the cafe to get more coffees.
Speaker 1: Do they really stay hot all day?
Speaker 2: Thermises are fucking weird and wild.
Speaker 1: They do, so the whole day you had hot order.
Speaker 2: I've probably finished it at like twelve, Yeah eleven.
Speaker 1: You weren't like holding it off.
Speaker 2: Every as soon as I could? Yeah, they do, and they keep stuff cold as well. Yeah, they're a nifty invention.
Speaker 1: Yeah, quite good appreciation.
Speaker 2: Appreciation posts made that, Yeah, well there's your recommendation by a thermos.
Speaker 1: This is not a hot line. We're not giving over the I love the recommendation. Well, look, I woke up this morning and Michael and I had a plan, and the plan was that this morning we were going to get up together and go to the gym and work out together. And the plan has fallen to its knees. Didn't work out, and Michael's a little bit pissed.
Speaker 2: I was going to say, did he end up coming by himself.
Speaker 1: Or yeah, he went he went alone.
Speaker 2: One ASIX next to his name on the whiteboard. I know.
Speaker 1: So Michael and I we always do these like little four week challenges and we put like m on the board in a and we like try and get every time we work out, we get like a little stroke.
Speaker 2: Every time I'm at Anna's, I just take the piss out of it.
Speaker 1: It's mine always has.
Speaker 2: It has empty and Michaels is full, so I always have a laugh at it.
Speaker 1: Well, look, this the reason why I didn't go. I feel like it's a legitimate reason. So you tell me what you would do if you were in the same scenario. So you've made a pact with your partner to train in the morning at six am. Huh I train, you would train, yeah, but I wake up in the middle of the night. My neck is killing me. Right, I'm like, oh, what's that? Like, that's not feeling good. And then when the alarm goes off at five point thirty in the morning, I realize that my neck has completely seized up. Now when I get stressed out, my neck does seize up. I'm a little stress at the moment and equals my neck is seased up. So Michael was like, Okay, let's get to the gym, and I was like, babe, I can't go. My neck is thought And I think he thought I was like making an excuse because it was five thirty in the morning, but it was a genuine like it was genuine and my neck is still like I'm not moving well this morning.
Speaker 2: You okay, So you probably could have still gone to the gym and done like the exercise bike or stretchers on it or something like.
Speaker 1: You know, I can barely even look at me. I'm like turning my head like barely.
Speaker 2: Like ow.
Speaker 1: It's like all I was praying for, Like I moved my neck to the lager.
Speaker 2: Know when someone does something and they delay and then they like give you a side to see if you saw how far it is your that.
Speaker 1: Was literally, don't make me laugh, like I honestly like if I could have a neck brace on right now, I would because that's how sore my neck is. Do you know how painful it is to have like pain in your neck and back. It's not good.
Speaker 2: I used to wrestle twice a week and then three times during the week train. My neck has been stiff and saw I've had very sore, bad But you're fit.
Speaker 1: The thing is, and I know it's my own fault, but I'm not fit at the moment. Like I've had a lot going on. I've been stressed out, my mind has been elsewhere. So is it potentially my fault that I haven't been working out and therefore I'm even more stiff than you would ever potentially imagine? Yeah? I think a yeah. Literally I moved my head to the left then, and I felt like a pulling in my middle back.
Speaker 2: Do you reckon because you're stressed and haven't worked out that your back is more stiff big than me who's been getting dropped on my neck and back.
Speaker 1: You're not getting dropped on your neck my back. Yeah, I think I'm worse because at least would it is wood. Yeah but what Okay, but little debate here for you guys this morning. Your muscles around the pain area that you're feeling are strong.
Speaker 2: Mine's weak also, Okay, on that, I agree. I'm match fit. We say so like you are used to it, like if I was to go now, I haven't wrestled in over a year.
Speaker 1: The only thing I am I'm walking fit. That's walking with me, stranger. No, but I actually say, look, I'm going to take some accountability, but me not going to the gym with Michael this morning. Can I say it's not my fault. It's not my fault with the side of accountability.
Speaker 2: That is the biggest oxymoor? What ever makes sense?
Speaker 1: Okay, honey, I'm sorry. As soon as my neck is better, I promise you we will be Jim buddy.
Speaker 2: She'll get some more asterisks on the board. She'll do it for us, all all our listeners, twice a day, two asterisks.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, look on that note. Let's talk about training with your partner.
Speaker 2: And do you believe the old saying that partners who train together stay together.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think it's just different for every single couple.
Speaker 2: Do you. Yeah, Look, I've been in relationships where one person doesn't like to train, one person wants to like to train alone, and it just have I ever really trained. I don't think I've ever really trained with a partner. You seem to do it with Michael or when you can.
Speaker 1: I'm just it's so hard for me to even like laugh at the moment because my next I saw, So that's the level that I'm experiencing.
Speaker 2: Just FYI everyone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Look, I really enjoy training with Michael when I do train with him, and I know he loves it, Like he always says like he feels really connected to me once we've trained together. So it's definitely a thing I've definitely. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I remember when I was living with Nicky and Murphy came up in conversation that they don't train together, yeah, and that like they have like it was the words were thrown around, nothing in common.
Speaker 1: But I think and this is Jen's twins partner, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fiance, and I just don't I don't think, like sometimes I don't mind going to gym putting my noise, canceling airpop maxes on and just training and just throwing weights, definding gravity and physics at the same time.
Speaker 1: Well, it's like alone time, right, It's kind of like you're putting time into yourself.
Speaker 2: I've never enjoyed group fitness either. I remember I went to group fitness with my sister forty five, and the girl was like yelling at me as I was on the cross trainer, and I was just like she was like go, go, and I like stopped, looked dead in the eyes, and I was like, this is a game of chest not checkers. Still, like the rest of the circuit left conservative. So I don't really like training with someone. But I remember Jen. We would go to the gym and she would the treadmills, would face the weight room, and I remember she would after the gym be like really turned on by watching me, like work out, She'd enjoy that sweat on. Yeah, she loved the sweat. Yeah. I remember in the sauna one time and loved me when I was sweating as well. Do you find that attractive? No?
Speaker 1: Like the other day, Michael and I were training together pre neck injury, and he was like, so sweaty because Michael pushes himself to like an extreme limit, Like you know, I'm going thirteen on the treadmill, He's going twenty. Like here's nut.
Speaker 2: Imagine those legs going.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like crazy, crazy pushes himself to a crazy level. And we were like going home, and I remember we were like close beside each other and literally the sweat fell from his nose onto my face and I was like, hey, you fucking kidding. That's disgusting. It was so gross. Like if you're like sweating profusely, if you're like a person who goes to the gym and fucking does kectic amounts of cardio, then yeah, that's not like a turn on for me.
Speaker 2: Is this the time that I say that I really don't sweat, no matter how hard I pushed myself. I remember being made an elite level of football when I was on the cross. I was on the bike at Tack Footy if anyone's familiar with that, and I was riding on the bike and the fitness guy came up to me. He went like this on me anyway, She said, do you know what that means? And I was like, you have a crush on me? And he was like, you're not sweating, go harder, and I'm like, I'm fucking going for it.
Speaker 1: Have you had like botox and all of your paws or something.
Speaker 2: I mean, I sweat I'm in the sauna or like in a hot environment, but I can never sweat off like running and training really a life. I'm running in the sun.
Speaker 1: I will That's so random. So it's just like not really in you genetically to sweat, or.
Speaker 2: Maybe I just don't push myself as hard.
Speaker 1: That just goes for a leisurely run and he's like.
Speaker 2: I'm not a hundred Imagine if that story I just told about the black there's like a row of us and everyone else is just spinning and I'm just like, yeah, just a lot of casual exercise bike.
Speaker 1: Well, it's interesting that you say that you don't like group fitness, because I personally love group fitness and it's the only way. I'm not going to say that, but like, I really push myself in group fitness because then I feel like I'm doing it with other people.
Speaker 2: I'm too accountable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and like I'm not the only one experiencing the pain and suffering. They're all experiencing it. So I feel like better about it, but like things like apps and stuff do help me as well. Michael and I have a running app actually on my phone and we both will do the whole circuit together.
Speaker 2: There's there's apps. I know that when I was living with my roomies, they would have one and you can like see your everyone's run. It's almost like an Instagram. Oh really, you upload your runs and like from your watch and just people scrolling through it.
Speaker 1: That's so interesting.
Speaker 2: I don't imagine if you had a shitty off day then you posted it and yeah, so that hold you accountable in that respect.
Speaker 1: Okay, well look, why is it good to train with your partner matp.
Speaker 2: I think that you got to spend more time together so you and Michael would get like a one on one together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's some quality time as well. I guess would you call it quality time? Michael definitely like perceives it as quality time.
Speaker 2: Did you put headphones in?
Speaker 1: Well, we would like do the same training work out together, so we'd both have one in and do it together. But like, I don't know, I feel like.
Speaker 2: Are you like having conversations?
Speaker 1: I have a little kiss here and there that's cut but not really quality.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I mean if someone's really into training.
Speaker 1: And it's their happy place and then you and then your partners with them, it.
Speaker 2: Is that is quality time to them. Yeah.
Speaker 1: You can also I guess like as a couple become healthier, you have a healthy routine. You know, you're training together. You're kind of like maybe living a more healthy lifestyle together. So as a whole it can be quite good for your relationship.
Speaker 2: You can also there's another kind of gym buddy, so they can help motivate you and keep you on track. You're accountable, keep you accountable. To just get toxic when your partner's keeping you accountable. I know in previous relationships your partner keeps you accountable, you get annoyed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like Michael will be like I'm going to the gym and I'm like, ugh, do we have to because you're like working out together. Then you kind of almost It's not that Michael would make me feel guilty, but like I then feel bad because I'm like, well, he's doing it.
Speaker 2: You don't have to go every day, do you? No?
Speaker 1: I do like three times a week. Maybe I would say I have.
Speaker 2: To go even if it's to the gym, to just literally like be there and do like a like a lase a workout, like I have to.
Speaker 1: Go these workouts. I don't know. I feel like every day is accepted. But that's just personally. Maybe it's not. Maybe I'm under myself.
Speaker 3: I think the happy medium six for the rest day, that's a lot. Yeah, I think that's what Like, I think I having mediums for I will from what I want to achieve. All the people I would read.
Speaker 2: Up on and talk to, you'd have like six days and one would be low intensity in the middle and then yeah, my low intensity kind of creeps into a couple of pakes.
Speaker 1: But I think something we're learning from this episode is that Matt likes to go to the gym but doesn't put in all effort.
Speaker 2: Is it reflecting my body?
Speaker 1: No, absolutely not. I think you know, as annoying as it is, sometimes it is kind of good to be held accountable by your partner. And when you do have a gym workout, whether that be a partner or a friend, you know, holding each other accountable, you end up meeting your goals. So it's kind of like almost something that you can implement so that you do stay on track.
Speaker 2: It could make the word out more enjoyable as well, and you're spending time with your loved one. And I mean, if you're with someone, like you said, hold him accountable, they would know like the last time you'd want to. I don't know about you, but if I was watching my partner run at twenty and I was on thirteen, I would sort of want to get competitive and turn up mine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we look they're positive, but is there negatives? Like is there a potential for trading with your partner to be a turn off? Because that's a concern for a lot of people.
Speaker 2: It could be like you could feel like, oh, actually, I remember so one of my exes years ago, we had been dating for a while, but we'd never gone to gym together or training together. Yeah, so she would get up and go to a class every morning. I'd go in the like in the afternoon. I can only train in the afternoon.
Speaker 1: I can't really, I'm a morning person through and through.
Speaker 2: No, I can't leave weights in the morning. I'm always lighter on my runnings as like, like, I don't know, there's something about it in the mornings. I try to run in the mornings, but it's not as if I run in the afternoon be a lot better. I don't know, because maybe the day I'm woken up from the day in that.
Speaker 1: But don't you get like, aren't you exhausted from your day by like five o'clock. That's what I personally feel.
Speaker 2: I think it's maybe instilled from me from when I first started training, going to gym and that and footy training, like at a young age, it was always in the afternoon time. Yeah yeah, yeah, well so she would do that, I'd do that, so we'd never cross paths at a gym or at gym. She then went we went to Early Beach who were staying away, and we were like there for maybe ten days, two weeks, and I'm like, well, I was resting at the time, and I was wanting to keep my workout resume up, so I'm like, let's let's go sign up to the gym and go get casual entries there. And I remember she like we were working out. I had my headphones in and she was in the cardio room and I was in the weight room, and she came in and she's like, there was I think there's only like three of us in there in the weight room. And she came in and She's like, map, like, I think I have the ick. And I was like, what of me? And she's like yeah, and I'm like what do you mean? And she goes, you keep grunting every time you lift, and I'm like, what, that's not me. And then we figured out that there was some other guy who was doing something out and she thought it was me because there's only a couple of us in the room and he did, I guess, sound like me. And she was in the other room and could hear him full grunting, so she thought she got the E is a bit icky.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your partner, I mean, unless they're like holding extremely heavyweights, Like.
Speaker 2: I can't remember what he was doing. But I was like, no, no, I don't grunt while I work out.
Speaker 1: You're like, it's okay, it's okay, you don't have to call back. It does potentially cause some level of like insecurity if you are training with your partner and potentially you're at different fitness levels, which I think could be a reason not to train with your partner.
Speaker 2: Also on that, like you might be getting different results to your partner. So you know, if a guy and girl are training, I don't want to be like sexist or anything. But like a guy, if you're doing the same workout, he might be getting lifting heavier, you know what I mean, and it might just make it all a bit confusing.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I've always thought this? I reckon, guys get six packs way easier than girls.
Speaker 2: Where's that thought come?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I just feel like it's easier for a guy to get a six pack than a girl.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean, trust me right now, it's hard for me to get it back right, It's very hard. I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's just always something I've thought of, Like when guys go to the gym, they just lift heavy weights and they're just like shredded, whereas like for girls, we kind of need to like do lots of cardio to get that shredded.
Speaker 2: Look, I do agree, do you know what I mean? I need to do cardio to get the shredded. Look, Yeah, cardio is important to do that. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Where it's like, if you you know x's of mine who have like you know, been shredded up, they were just weightlifting NonStop, like they weren't doing an ounce of cardio. I'm like, you know, I'm out here like slogging it on the treadmill, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Do you find it attractive if a guy's really ripped?
Speaker 1: Now, No, I've always said this, when a guy has like a six pack or an eight pack, And if you're listening to this and have a six pack or an eight pack, or your partner has one or whatever, it's amazing, Like they obviously are working really hard. Good for them, you know, it shows a lot of what's the word commitment, commitment determination. You know, they're regularly attending the gym. But for me personally, what I've found is the more packs on the stomach, whether it be a six haacker, an eight pack, or a ten pack, the more self obsessed these people are because they're so focused on their body and shredding. And there's when you're spending that much time thinking about your body, that's less time on me.
Speaker 2: And less time on the relationship. And then, like I know, if you get to that, you have to put in and you have to make sacrifices.
Speaker 1: Sacrifices a lot of the time, if it's like events, or if it's like going out for dinner, if it's going out and drinking, you have to make sacrifice.
Speaker 2: Yes, and that can affect a relationship and the time you spend.
Speaker 1: With your partners totally. Like sometimes you just want to go out and have a couple of cocktails with your partner. When they're on the shred, they're like on the vodkasotas, and that's just a turn off, you know what I mean. I'm like, come on, like have an old fashioned at.
Speaker 2: Least, or then we go to the opposite end of the spectrum. Yeah, somebody doesn't train. Well.
Speaker 1: I've been guilty of this in relationships. I'm not going to judge to people that don't train, But in saying that, do you.
Speaker 2: Think people get comfortable in a relationship and stop training something.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, But that's about like not prioritizing yourself, And I think that's kind of what I've learned, Like whether you're in a relationship or not, you need to put you first. And like the amount of studies that have come out saying like people who work out like regularly they live like ten twenty years longer. Like the statistics are crazy, And the reason why you should be training is not for how your body looks, but how your body feels and how your brain feels, like your mind, you know, I've not trained for long periods of time, and the effects that it has, to my mind are not good. And coming from two people who do suffer from anxiety, Like we drive.
Speaker 2: During COVID, not lockdown. It's not training.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like the moment that you take your foot off the pulse, it shows like a lack of self love. So it's just you know, if you have taken your foot off the pulse, which I can put my hands up and say I have, you know, it's you don't beat yourself up about it. It's just like, Okay, I need to prioritize me, and this is how I'm gonna do it. I'm going to go for a run three times a week, or if that's too strenuous, I'm going to go for like I'm going to try and get ten thousand steps every day. I'm going to go for three long walks during the week. It can be so simple, but it's so valuable to you.
Speaker 2: Do you reckon. There's a happy medium then, as a partner in the middle where you're not a gym junkie freak who's sacrificing stuff on the relationship going there every day, not going out for dinners, having to eat religiously strictly, and then there's someone who's a sloth and not doing anything, because that's a bit of a turn off. I'm not going to lie if your partner is not going to the gym, not.
Speaker 1: Taking care of thelth and out. Yeah, like we look, but also we've all been there, so you don't want to be like judgmental. If and as you know, as soon as you get into a bad frame of mind or you're feeling anxious, rested, the last thing you want to do is take yourself to a gym where there's other people there, or take yourself to like a work like to do a workout like it's so mentally hard, but then once you actually get yourself to that point, you reap the rewards. Like my mental health gets so much better the moment I start working out.
Speaker 2: I've got a recommendation. If you're in that spot and you can't, you can't get up and go to the gym, put on Britney spears. Work bitch. It's when you want to look as good in bikini, you want a Lamborghini, you better work, bitch.
Speaker 1: Actually is a good workout.
Speaker 2: If somebody went up to be a gym and took my headphone out. You would hear that song fo.
Speaker 1: That's so funny. Before Love Island, I remember, obviously we have to be in bikinis on TV screens around Australia.
Speaker 2: Bestal ever look is on Love Island.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I think it is unrealistic pressures that are put on you. But I never did anything that was unhealthy. I just started to go for a run every single day for the three weeks leading up to Love Island. But obviously that's like outside of my comfort zone, Like I'm not the type of person who's going to run seven days a week. I did it specifically because I knew I was going to be on TV right and three weeks leading up to it is not a lot of time. I left it a little bit late.
Speaker 2: Fascinate for that in the too hard basket.
Speaker 1: But like running is so good for you, so good for your mental health. And then on top of that, having a really good playlist, and the playlist I listened to was the official Love Island playlist of the years cool, so I would like listen to it and like imagine myself like on the show. So then it helped me to kind of find some motivation. But finding motivation is so crucial, right, and it shouldn't come from your partner. It needs to come from within.
Speaker 2: I believe in that. Do you know Emma my sister, Emma's first day with her boyfriend Jake, they wanted to run? What that was their first They're still together and they're going strong, Like that's.
Speaker 1: Such a brandom first day because you'd be like out of breath, like, so what do you like to do for?
Speaker 2: They work together and they've been talking, but that was their official first day for a run. Jen and I were just ripping and we'll saying the same thing.
Speaker 1: That's wild.
Speaker 2: How are you going to do this?
Speaker 1: How do you get to know each other?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I don't know.
Speaker 1: That's interesting. Have you asked her like who wanted to do that?
Speaker 2: I think they both did. They both agreed on it because they knew each other work in an aquatic center gym, and I think that was like mutually how they knew each other. Do you I know a couple of people though, who go used to go train with their partner and they reckon. They were the horniest after Jim.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Michael says that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're hornis definitely do you.
Speaker 1: Reckon Michael says that I.
Speaker 2: Don't I know that I had this time with I was training at where I was living with my mates and we had the the iron Shed we used to call it, and it was the where we had all the gym equipment, and Jen was just out there with me. This was this was a couple of years ago and all training and she was getting like really turned on watching me, and I was getting turned on working out really So we ended up shagging out there in the Iron Paradise.
Speaker 1: Shagging, Yes, in the gym.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was. It wasn't like it's at my house. Just on the bench.
Speaker 1: Press of your house mates came out.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what did happen? Actually that was when that was when we were like when we first got in, they were like, what's that smell? That was just to smell in there?
Speaker 1: You're giving me the egg? What was the smell?
Speaker 2: It was a dead rat this big that one of the dogs.
Speaker 1: And then you had sex and we found that after so what the whole during the whole sex there.
Speaker 2: Was We've been in there for forty five minutes working out. We found that the dog had caught it.
Speaker 1: That's fair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, disgusting, not good but yeah, a lot of people do get horny from working out.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I think that's definitely a thing for Michael, Like he's like very but I mean it kind of makes sense. Right, you go to the gym, all of your hormones or what's the door phinnphs. Yeah, start running, you feel really happy. What do you want to do when you're happy?
Speaker 2: Have sex?
Speaker 1: Fuck?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well I find a gym, I go up, and then I crash. Yeah, I crash straight away when I really Yeah, so I'll be peaking at gym and by the time I get home, I'm crash.
Speaker 1: But that's because you work out at like seven pm at night after a full day of work.
Speaker 2: It's true.
Speaker 1: Probably coming to the podcast, you're probably mentally spent by the time you're done.
Speaker 2: And sometimes I go to the Sauner afterwards and I have to hear everyone solve world problems and then make them again.
Speaker 1: It's so annoying. It probably helps you sleep, right, Yes, so it kind of would help resolve some sort of like sleeping issues if someone's struggling to sleep at night.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So I probably get really like crash out and then I'll go watch whatever I want to feel like watching and then go to sleep. This is my routine when I get home.
Speaker 1: Well, interestingly, studies have found that working out with your partner versus a friend or gym buddy is associated with a more positive mood during exercise. So, I mean studies have been done and it does really like help those happy hormones.
Speaker 2: I remember I saw a study in Men's Health magazine back in the day and it was that if you're lifting weights and you get a girl to sit on your lap, you can lift heavier.
Speaker 1: So that's called ego, Matt, that's called ego.
Speaker 2: I mean, you want to lift heavier. There's testosterone pumping around you.
Speaker 1: So that's so funny.
Speaker 2: Let me know, try it out.
Speaker 1: What about guys who are gym junkies and go to the gym all the time, but maybe or even girls, and maybe they don't want you to train with them, So you don't want your partner to train with you. Is that suspicious?
Speaker 2: No, because I would say that I don't want someone to go training with me. I don't mind training with someone, but like sometimes I find it like my alone time. Yeah, I get the thing that I think that came into an issue with my relationship with Jane was, I don't see Jim as.
Speaker 1: A how do you put this on leisure leisure?
Speaker 2: Yes, that's the right way.
Speaker 1: It's kind of like on your to do it's.
Speaker 2: On my to do list. It's not a chore, but it's got to have to happen. I have to go there.
Speaker 1: So and what are a great mindset to be in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like I have to go gym. I have to go there. I have to get it done.
Speaker 1: Or maybe it's a little bit too obsessive.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm still I said that, You're like, yeah, bit, I mean, think about it. If you do have someone who's very into the gym, they're going there often for an hour every day, but they refuse to have their partner come with them, that could be a bit of a red flag. I mean, there's lots of hot people walking around at the gym. We've all heard the cheating stories at the gym. I know that on their Real Housewives, there's lots of allegations of the husband cheating at the gym.
Speaker 2: And it's always the PT for the girls. I feel they always like hook up with their PT. Really Yeah, on TV shows and movies and all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 1: I mean, it makes sense if you're in close quarters slowly start to form an emotional connection next minute.
Speaker 2: What's best for that is go to the gym ten minutes after your partner and sussy out what they're doing. Who's well, speaking of that Jim crushes, I realized the other day that I'm someone's Jim crush.
Speaker 1: Go on, tell us a story. I don't even banging to tell.
Speaker 2: Well, not that I actually asked anyone, but like everyone, you know, go to the gym and they have a gym crush. I feel, you know, there's that one person gym. You're like, oh, they're here again. Yay, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like, you know, I've never had a gym crush.
Speaker 2: I've never had a gym crush.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't think I've been at the gym long enough to crush.
Speaker 2: I reckon, I don't have one at the moment, but I've had one in the past, and I reckon at the moment, I might be someone's Jim crush.
Speaker 1: And what makes you think that.
Speaker 2: A lot of eye darting in my way, Well, you're obviously looking at her.
Speaker 1: If your eyes are connecting that he looks.
Speaker 2: Gus I'm just lifting weights. I'm throwing weights around.
Speaker 1: To just look at it like you're doing well.
Speaker 2: That's a good point. If you have a gym crush there and they're there, you're going to work out harder and.
Speaker 1: Trying to show off off in front of them. See that gives me anxiety. Michael's not going to the gym anymore, staying home.
Speaker 2: He could be someone's Jim crush. You never know.
Speaker 1: Well, if you're listening to go to the same gym as Michael, I'm watching, I've got eyes you're going to do?
Speaker 2: I think I said rock up ten minutes later and just suss it out.
Speaker 1: I mean, if that's not a good excuse for me to go to the gym with him, I don't know what it is.
Speaker 2: See that's your motivation to get to the gym.
Speaker 1: Well, look, I mean I think it is beneficial. As much as it is great to go with your partner to the gym, sometimes it is beneficial to have different hobbies. Do you agree with that?
Speaker 2: I do agree. I mean, I'm I'm a very big advocate of alone time. Yeah, I live and die by alone time. I actually forgot in previous relationships what alone time was and I couldn't put my finger on what I was missing, like, I do you feel like my glass was full? And I was like, what am I missing? I'm with my partner, I'm sending all this time or doing fun stuff. And I was looking at other parts of aspects of my life. But I realized that I am very big on alone time.
Speaker 1: I love alone time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's so good, very important.
Speaker 1: It's also good to kind of like mentally organize your brain just by not talking to anyone and just doing nothing.
Speaker 2: I will never organize this frame, but it is Yeah, it is quite you know, good to do that. And then it depends what the hobby is. If it's working out, it might be like I've got are other hobbies I don't.
Speaker 1: Know, painting, chickens, swimming, swimming. Yeah, well, I was thinking.
Speaker 2: I was just yeah, kayak, I was thinking about you know when people make model aeroplanes, no, and just like train sets and that for some reason.
Speaker 1: I mean, whenever you tickles, your fancy hobbies are vast and wide. I think it is healthier like you obviously as fun as it is to hang out with your partner, and it's great to go to the gym with them. Maybe once twice a week. But in saying that, you don't want to do everything with them, like you want to have time with your partner, but then you also want to have time where you are you and you have separate things to do. So if God forbid and touch, would the relationship does break up? Or everything that you've been doing isn't just like swaped from underneath it. You want to still have things that you do alone or with your friends.
Speaker 2: Or I'm very sentimental, so I wouldn't. I wouldn't be able to go do that thing. Well if I was broken up with them, whatever it is, like whatever the hobby was.
Speaker 1: If it was like give but Matt, you're not going to stop going to the gym if you went to the gym with your partner, I.
Speaker 2: Know, not gym, but like if it was another hobby, you know, and I enjoyed it, I'd really like sitting there.
Speaker 1: So just for context in case anyone's not following. For instance, Matt and his ex girlfriend used to watch Stranger Things together and then he could no longer watch Stranger Things because it made him upset because him and his ex used to watch it together. But I think that that's a mental hurdle that you could definitely get over.
Speaker 2: I have in the respect of now. I used to be like like actual franchise of movies, I couldn't watch if we watched it together. I've now gotten past that. I did end up watching strange things in the end. There you go, I did end up what I have to I see what's going on with the Gang. I want to see what the gang was up to. They're always up to something.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, guys, that's all we have time for. As always, make sure you give us a five star review. It means the world to us. We are giving merch out to people who are giving us a five star review, so just make sure you send us a DM on Where's your Head at pod Instagram. Also, we have our live show tour coming up.
Speaker 2: We're going on tour Baby.
Speaker 1: Tickets will be in the show notes and on the links on our Instagram bios. And until next time, Bye bye