Speaker 1: Non Skyings Australia starts. Now this is outside Hello and welcome to outsiders.
Speaker 2: The opinion show that is to woke virtue signaling, identity politics, socialist economics, environmental scare mongering and playing the race card on steroids. What's soon to be departed? Labor heavy hitter and outgoing ndis Minister Bill Shorten is to cutting a rug.
Speaker 3: Yes, eat your heart out, Elaine Benner's I don't know what was going on there exactly, but it turns out dancing isn't the only thing. Bill Shorten is not very good at pop. Also had a controant for bad predictions, such as this mother of all bad calls back in twenty eighteen talking to visiting movie star Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Speaker 4: Now that was in twenty eighteen, but it was the following year, in twenty nineteen, when he would see his ambitions to one day hold the keys to the lodge come to grief in no small part due to this little incent on Q and A talking about his mother.
Speaker 5: And my mum.
Speaker 6: She became a teacher, but she wanted to be a lawyer. But she was the eldest in the family so needed to take the teacher scholarship to look after the rest of the kids. My mum was a brilliant woman. She wasn't bitter. She worked here for thirty five years. But I also know that if she had had other opportunities, she could have done anything. What motivates me if you really want to know who Bill Shorten is. I can't make it right for my mom, but I can make it right for everyone else.
Speaker 3: That sob story was meant to elicit sympathy and suggests that Shorten's mother was hard done by, But it turned out there was more to the story.
Speaker 2: Yes, because far from failing to realize her potential and short It was a successful trailblazer in legal education, winning a Supreme Court prize in nineteen eighty five. Now, my colleagues at the Daily Telegraph at the time reported this factually and praised miss Shortened's success, while also taking issue with her son's characterization of her as being hard done by. We were, of course, pillaried by all the usual suspects, but it was the truth, and it may have been the moment when that unlosable twenty nineteen election became anything but. And with that, let's have a look at what else is going on in the world with a little outsider's news. Oh well, I'm in the chair this week for Rowan while he takes a little well deserved break, And of course I'm joined as always by Rita Panahee and making a special one off appearance here at the desk our great friend James mick Pherson. Now, guys, huge week, I reckon on the economic front, we have seen cholbers albonomics just you know, coming to grief, our living standards going ever further backwards with the release of this week's national account figures. And Rita, what does Jim Chalmers do. He doesn't say, Oh, we're going to change a new way. We're gonna, you know, stop spending all this money, We're gonna stop driving inflation up. No, what does he do? He picks a fight with the RBA.
Speaker 3: He does. It's not the dumb thing. And those figures weren't great because we are in a per capita recession. We have been in one for some time.
Speaker 2: Now, six quarters in a row, eight.
Speaker 3: Months, and it's that's what matters. The per capita figures are what. It doesn't matter if you flood the country with new people. So economic activity goes up and those overall figures look okay when you look at it. When you break it down per person, we're going backwards and people are feeling that. And it's not surprising that these interest rate rises are not having the impact on inflation they expect. Robert Gobleson wrote a fantastic piece about this in The Australian during the week. The reasons are obvious to anyone with even a basic understanding of economics. The government pouring money into the economy. They are just spending like drunken sailors. That's pushing up inflation. We've gone as a country to one of the cheapest places for energy costs to one of the most expensive. That's pushing up inflation. We've got a push to have wages growth to give people some relief, but that's actually pushing up inflation and making it harder. So there is a number of reasons, all of them entirely dictable. But the number one reason, James, is that the virtual government is pouring a lot of money into the economy and these interest rates are hurting, but they're not hurting enough to bring down inflation.
Speaker 2: Well, Rita, that's a great explanation of the economics here, But James McPherson, I want to talk to you about the politics of this because you know, it seems to me that if you ever wanted to hear about and we hear about right wing populism all the time, this strikes me and James McPherson as classic left wing populism. You know, they've decided to go out and attack an institution, an independent institution, the RBA. It strikes me that had a conservative government blamed all of their troubles on the Reserve Bank rather than their own policies. You know, the RBA has only one lever interest rates. The government has a lot of different things that can do. It seems to me that they would be an affair, bit of strife.
Speaker 4: Well, of course Chalmers came out and accused the RBA of bullying Australians effectively with interest rates. But then to make matters better, he enlisted the help of the world's greatest ever treasurer Wayne Swan.
Speaker 2: Well, let's have a little bit of weir swine. You have a look at this.
Speaker 7: The Reserve Bank is putting economic dogma over rational economic decision making, hammering households, hammering mums, and dads with higher rates causing a collapse in spending and driving the economy backwards doesn't necessarily deal with the principal pushes when it comes to higher inflation. The government is doing a lot to bring down inflation, but the Reserve Bank is simply punching itself in the face. It's counterproductive and it's not good economic policy, and I'm incredibly disappointed at what they're doing.
Speaker 8: Well, that's wonderful.
Speaker 4: If the Reserve Bank is punching itself in the face, the government's kicking itself in the teeth. You've got record spending, you've got record immigration, all of which, as you said, Rita, is contributing to inflationary pressures.
Speaker 8: And I've got two questions.
Speaker 4: Firstly for Jim Chalmers, who are pointed handpicked appointed the Reserve Bank governors, so it's a bit rich to now complain about her. And as for Wayne Swan, how many surpluses was it the t managed to get over his six years as treasurer Well, but he.
Speaker 3: Didn't deliver any I've got to say one thing, though, one thing I do in a strange way, I agree with some of the retrick we're hearing from Labor. I think the Reserve Bank also has to understand that hurting every day Australians with his interest rate increases that are really making some people question whether they can hold on to their homes. They're going to have to be under so much mortgage stress that they're considering selling. People are going without, people are making all sorts of lifestyle decisions because of these interest rate increases at a time when the government is just spending in a crazy manner. I think that's got to be talked about as well, because yes, the Reserve Bank only has one method, but when that method is hurting every day Australians and it's not bringing down inflation successfully because the how man is spending, that've got to consider the dead as well. Are they just going to keep doing this until people are selling house?
Speaker 2: It is the mortgage stress. It is not just the spending. It is also you know what they're restraint of private enterprise versus h you know, shoveling everything into the government. The only employment growth we're seeing right now Rita and James is in government and government related services, you know, the NDIS and all of that. We saw Bill short and pull the pin on his job there to go get a million dollars a year from A and U. But this issue of inflation, this is something that I hear people at every level of society talk about. I heard somebody had a great line yesterday on Twitter. They said, since Albanisi took power, the Australian people to become so much more strong, they can carry five hundred dollars worth of groceries in just one hand. And I thought that was a good line. But people are really talking about it. But James mac Pherson here in New South Wales, we've got this other issue too, because we see they're added towards private enterprise and the things that will continue to make us rich, like mining. Peter Dutton this week has come out and said they will go to reverse this decision to shut down or stop the tailing stamp from this Phillamy's gold mine outside of Arms, which we employed hundreds of people, had huge flow on effects for the region. Tell us about it.
Speaker 4: We've got eight hundred potential jobs that are now gone because of this decision by Tenure Pliversecond, I should add a decision that she will not explain.
Speaker 8: She's made a decision to.
Speaker 3: Absurd as a reason why she won't explain it as she's not politically a fool. She knows she's going to take a bad situation and turned a catastrophic for herself if she tries to explain this and this is eight hundred well paid jobs in the regions two hundred million dollars worth.
Speaker 2: Instead coffers to the men's government.
Speaker 3: Chris Mins wants this project to go ahead. So you've got sensible labor people questioning Tanny Plivsek.
Speaker 2: But here's the thing, reader, you know tiny Plibersek as environment minister, this is going to be a huge worry if we go to an election. Well, we'll go to an election, but after that election, if you wind up with a Labor government in deep minority having to do deals with the Greens because now Rita the Greens are demanding that they have where the tiny plus have new powers to block fossil fuel projects. If she gets her way and has this new environmental department tell us about.
Speaker 3: This, well I would not be surprised. I don't think actually the Labor government needs much encouragement. They have been thoughting development out being just anti fossil fuels that are obsessed with their emission targets, though they are questioning whether they can meet some of those targets. But this is another reason why we're in the economic woes that we're in, is that this is a government filled with people who do not understand what it takes to run a successful business. They don't understand the economy that come from political backgrounds. There they been in the union movement or being staffers, they've been bureaucrats. How many people within the federal government, Dang James, you're in Canberra every week have any sort of business understanding or experience.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it's it's shockingly few, and it's shockingly few, particularly on the labor side, where the career to sit on those front benches or the backbenches is, you know, literally you start in student politics and then you get a job as a staffer for an MP or a minister, or you go work for one of the unions. And then if you're you know, good, and you play the politics and you work the machine right, then maybe you get pre selected. Then maybe you get a seat, and then that's how it works. Literally, these people spend their entire life doing this. I think Albanezy had a tiny little time working as a bank teller or something when he was a university. That's it tiny plaps her whole life in this system. That entire system of labor is keeping people divorce around it.
Speaker 4: This whole situation is a great to fall for this government. This government takes gold but leaves it in the ground, so won't maximize the wealth of.
Speaker 8: Out natural resources.
Speaker 4: But at the same time they want to start a solar panel building industry, which we can never do as cheaply as China. So everything that is inefficient this government is committed to, and everything that's obvious. We've got wealth right under the dirt. They want to leave it there.
Speaker 2: And I'll tell you Chris Ben's the Premier of New South Wales's labor, but he is one of the most sensible voices in this country. He has said that getting all of these other minerals out of the ground is the way that New South Wales and Australia will wind up continuing to maintain this prosperity. Because reader, I think there's this attitude on the left, particularly where they haven't worked in industry, that thinks that just prosperity is assured that Australia will always be a prosperous nation. Will always be rich. We've been rich before, will always be that way.
Speaker 3: It is, And I think that extends sadly to much of the public where they don't really have a con concerned for the national debt. They don't really look at the GDB because the figures. Obviously they know inflation's biting. It's hurting them week in and week out when they're buying their groceries and doing their budgeting. But there needs to be an appreciation that when we are in debt, as say, the state of Victoria is biggest debt in the country, state debt in the country, everybody pays. Eventually, if you want to own property, if you've got payland tax, it becomes so oppressive. If you employ people and you pay payroll tax, it becomes even more oppressive. So I think that understanding is going to become apparent as these policies actually hurt everyday people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now we're going to have Richard Richard kemp on in a couple of minutes to talk more about what's been going on in the Rebilite is going to join us live from Tel Aviv. But the politics of the Middle East are playing out Rita and James right here in Australia. And again this is another thing that I think shows Lever's weakness and their lack of fine. Here there is a high profile doctor out in Tony Burke's seat in Western Sydney. He has shared social media posts that essentially seemed to celebrate the October seventh attax terror Attached, which were coming up on the very grim almost one year anniversary of Now James McPherson tell me about this. It seemed like it took an awful long time for Tony Burke to come out and talk about this. He didn't talk about it in the Sydney Morning Herald article that first reported this. I asked his office the next day and I got a statement that basically said, look, he's always condemned this sort of thing, which like, fine, why did you say something at the time. Is labor running scared from voters who and voting blocks that might have a somewhat different view? Shall we say about Israel and it's continued existence those of us here on this desk.
Speaker 4: Surely that is a rhetorical question. I think the answer is very very clear. They are of course running scared. They're making foreign pols see based on a few Western seats, and Tony Burke was very slow to come out and condemn this post that for those who haven't seen it, though we showed it on screen just a moment ago, you had the image of a paraglider as they did, they went slaughtered four hundred Israeli young people. And the caption that this candidate in Tony Burke's seat put on the post was dreams do come true. So for Tony Burke, who is not just a local member, he's responsible for home affairs, he's responsible for keeping the community safe. For him not to come out immediately and condemn this shows his more in my view, he's more concerned about his local electorate and his standing in future electoral prospects then is about doing the job of keeping Australian safe from this kind of.
Speaker 2: Retro And this gets us to the whole visas for votes scandal, which I think really is a scandal because nobody, nobody was simply asking and say, hey, you know what we need to do. We need to give you know, thousands of visas to people from Gaza, where large proportions of the population support har Maas and in fact, today the Australia they've reported that even after this war, Harmas is likely to stay in power and still have the support. But you know, hey, why not give them visas, give them tourists visas, let them come on in. Really tell us what happened in Melbourne with Josh Friedenburg too, there was a.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's wanting to have an event at a schooled It's going to be Novapere's neb and I think is also going to be there. So it's a sort of event about unity and support, talking about anti semitism. But the schools now alarmed because they are worried about I mean, how can you be worried about a labor figure, a liberal figure. Also Deborah Conway, the musician, was going to be there, and they now worry that these crazy activists are going to perhaps attack the attendees. So there's there's all sorts of question marks about how this is going to go ahead. It is just it's justice le and there's just been way too much tolerance, permissive attitude from the political class for much of the media class, certainly the activist class to this anti semitism from the left. If they sniff anti Semitism on the right, they condemn it as that as they should, but when it's on the left and it actually has some institutional power because we're not just talking about you know, nobody is there people who are in academia, who are in politics, who've got some influence, and there seems to be very little condemnation.
Speaker 2: That's absolutely has been. Peter has had an absolutely perfect moral compass on this since October seventh. Of course, not just Melbourne and Sydney. Up in Brisbane, a Brisbane Green's councilor is being asked to repay twenty thousand dollars after printing a pamphlet for their constituents because of course it's what counsel is all about about Israel and why Palestine would be free within our lifetime. So that's happening up in Brisbane. Now. To bring us all the latest in the ever escalating conflicts in the Middle East is former British Commander Richard Kemp live from Tel Aviv. Richard, thanks so much for coming on the program. I want to start here because Rita had just mentioned the media class here and how they misreport so much of what goes on in the Middle East and between Israel and the Palestinians. There's just been a report come down about the BBC and the way they have mishandled their coverage of the Israel Palestinian conflicts since October seventh. What can you tell us about that?
Speaker 9: Yeah, well, I've read this report that's just been issued, and I've also been watching a fair bit of BBC coverage since the war began. Painful load is to watch because there is no question in my mind that every time the BBC covers the war out here in Israel, it is horrifically biased towards her mass There's always undue criticism Israel.
Speaker 10: And they go easy on Hermas.
Speaker 9: There's no doubt in my mind that is a consistent editorial policy, and it's been that way with the BBC for a long time, not just during this conflict, but certainly since I can.
Speaker 10: Ever remember BBC covering them.
Speaker 9: At least, there's just an ex and it's not even necessarily only a factual bias, but it's also in the tone of their reporting and the way that they try and interview, for example, IDEF spokespeople and things that always at least the implication that the Israeli spokespeople are alying and that's the kind of impression you get. And this report has essentially, i think, borne that out and suggested that I think since the war began, at least fifteen hundred times, the BBC has breached its own editorial guidelines for impartiality on the conflict over here.
Speaker 2: Shocking and of course in the UK you have to pay for a license to watch the BBC. I think it's a shocking dereliction of people's money.
Speaker 3: But anyway, reader, switching to the US and the support they're providing to Israel right now. But the Biden Harris administration seems to be wavering. We had Biden even that this week come out and say that Netanyahu isn't doing enough to secure a cease fire. Explain what's happening in that relationship and what the impact is on what Israel does next.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean, this is one of the key issues here in Israel at the moment is that the Seas via oblique hostage release negotiations that have been going on for a considerable time now. And you know, as you mentioned just recently, President and Biden suggested that who is not doing enough to get the released yet? In recent weeks and in days recent days, in fact, the Deputy Director of the CIA has praised Israel for going pretty much all the way as far as it can possibly go in terms of compromising on negotiations, and the same as true of Secretary of State.
Speaker 10: So there's mixed.
Speaker 9: Messages coming out of Washington, and then the Prime Minister over here, Prime Minister Neto recently spoke to try and parify the situation, which is effectively they're the ones that have shown flexibility as much as it is possible, and it's not possible to be to completely accept all of her master's terms, but her math have been completely intransigent. One of the key issues that is being discussed here is the Philadelphi Corridor, which is essentially the border between Gaza and Egypt, which Israel is currently in control. It's a lifeline for her, and there's some people who suggest that the idea of should withdraw from that corridor in order to encourage Hamas to come to some kind of deal. Other people, like the Prime Minister and some of the people around him, say this can't happen. This is this is basically our most probably the most critical grounding Gaza for completing the mission of destroying a mouse in Gaza.
Speaker 2: That's interesting, Richard.
Speaker 4: We're all aware that Iran, of course, is stirring up trouble in the region. But I want to ask you about Turkey, because overnight the president of Turkey has met with the leader of Egypt and he has said there needs to be an alliance of Islamic nations against Israel to stop what he calls Israeli expansion. Can you believe can you talk to me about Turkey's involvement in this? Is this just hot air or is this a serious threat from Turkey.
Speaker 9: I think there's a great deal of hot era has come out of Turkey since this conflict begun. And you know, even beforehand, Turkey was talking about Jerusalem belongs to us.
Speaker 10: We we we. You know, it's it's Turkish territory.
Speaker 9: And of course it was at one point the Ottoman Empire did control this entire territory, but that was in the distant past.
Speaker 10: So I think my view is that this is.
Speaker 9: More than anything else if part here, I don't think it's a real threat from Turkey against Israel. Obviously there is diplomatically, but of course Turkey is a member of NATO, and for Turkey to do anything aggressive against Israel would be met with, you know, considerable I think, displeasure from the United States. As for Egypt, Egypt, Egypt has been playing a double game. Egypt facilitated that the the arming of her mass, it is enabled allowed her mass to bring weapons, munitions and equipment to turn Gaza into.
Speaker 10: The fort the fortific it is.
Speaker 9: Today, sometimes maybe by playing a blind eye, sometimes by openly allowing stuff through, but nevertheless, it was really because of Egypt's position that harms developed as it did, supplied by Iran but allowed through by by Egypt. And the idea of destroyed I think my figures may not be one hundred percent correct, but I think they've identified and destroyed around two hundred tunnels crossing the border between Gaza and Egypt. I was in one of them myself a few days back inside Gaza, a tunnel that you could easily drive at least two vehicles side by side through that. Wow, And that was just one of a huge number of tunnels that have been dug by her mass to get munitions and not just munitions but other equipment through through the border there. And Egypt's been allowing it, and at the same time Egypt just closed its border for refugees. There are a lot of people from Gaza who could have escaped the war through the Egyptian border, as really is required under international treaty by Egypt, and Egypt has simply refused to do so. It's one of the few I'm aware of in history that a neighboring country that has it's that peace has completely closed off its border to refugees.
Speaker 10: From a country that's the war where they're in danger.
Speaker 2: Richard, I just wanted to ask you very quickly before we let you go, just to go back to the United States. You know, we had the horrible incident. There's six hostages being shot under Rafa the other day. Rapha, of course, was where the Biden administration and Kamala Harris said do not go in there, you know, leave leave Raphia alone. And now we have Tim Waltz, who could very well be the next Vice president, saying that protesters who are protesting at the Israel pro Palestine are processing for all the right reasons. Have a listen to this here.
Speaker 11: I think we're at a critical point right now. We need government to start moving in that direction. But I think those folks who are speaking out loudly in Michigan are speaking out for all the right reasons. It's a humanitarian crisis, Richard.
Speaker 2: With the presidential election of the US basically being probably a fifty to fifty toss up at this point, how much trepidation is thereat Israel about the prospect of a Harris Waltz administration and what they might do in terms of reorienting even further away from Israel.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's a very good question.
Speaker 9: I think the Biden administration has been in many ways a mixed blessing for Israel. They have provided a great deal of war for Israel, and they've deployed a large number of assets here and they helped defend Israel and talk about aircraft carriers, strike groups as well as numerous other naval and air assets. And they helped defend Israel against the Iranian stack on the fourteenth of April.
Speaker 10: So Israel the US has been quite strong.
Speaker 9: But on the other hand, they have been over critic and I think every time we've seen comments from the US which suggested a division between Israel and the United States, that's what har Mass capitalizes on. That encourages the mass keep fighting and har Mass, you know, they clearly want to see not just the US, but other countries in the world, like Australia bringing down pressure on Israel to stop the war. And it's you know, you mentioned the Kamala of the the US perspective on RAFFA trying to pay this with an impalpable operation which would prove totally wrong by Israel. It's that kind of pressure and that kind of international message which encourages the Mass. And I think it's really important that you know that if we get a Harris administration that she doesn't continue.
Speaker 10: To do that.
Speaker 9: And I think the Israelis, most of the Israelis that I speak to, are very concerned about the prospect of another administration like the Biden administration, and there you know, I think above all they would like to see Trump in the White House. Who whatever anyone thinks of Trump, as far as Israel's concerned, I think he would be Many people over here believe he would be the best president for Israel and will give them far greater support than they've had up until now.
Speaker 2: Absolutely hard to argue with that. Colonel Richard Camp, thank you so much for staying up to join us from Israel. Really appreciate it as always. Now stick with us here because after the break we've got res reality check and it's a fun one, and we're also going to speak to child psychologists Claire Row about well, I don't think concerning is even the word for it. Really shocking woke initiatives happening in school libraries.
Speaker 3: After the break, watching Outsiders with your host the James dew of Morrow and McPherson and I'm Rita Panahy and soon will be playing you possibly the funniest bit of political satire you have seen in many years about Albo and his unofficial bo Adam Bant. And it's funny because it's true. But first, just when you thought Victoria couldn't lerge any further left, the labor government there have launched another divisive campaign to push the state further into ideological lunacy. The justinto Alan government is proving it again that it will not allow little things like crippling debt and a looming energy crisis to disrupt its mad culture wars. The Rainbow Libraries tool Kid, which is forty eight pages of activist bull Dusk pushing radical gender theory which aims to entrench far left lgbtqqq IPSA plus plus indoctrination into public libraries. Children as young as five can look forward to men dressed in drag reading stories to them and having library staff ask them about their preferred pronouns.
Speaker 12: Children as young as five will be asked if they identify as she, he or they as part of a new program being rolled out across public libraries in Victoria, library staff are being told to ask what their preferred pronouns are for children, avoid gendered language and offer pronoun badgers, pins or laniards for any visitors. As part of the Rainbow toolkit, Victorian libraries will also add books on gender diversity and promote Drag Queen's story time events they go.
Speaker 3: Five year olds asked whether they identify as they, then that's just healthy and normal, not at all confusing and utterly unnecessary. This is precisely the type of woke idiocy that mainstream Australians are poor and the political class loves, and sadly that includes the thoroughly hopeless and gutless Victorian liberals who either back such initiatives all stay silent Victorian as a Labor Minister and Lissa Horn claims this toolkit is necessary to help LGBTQIA plus plus folk access libraries. She said the Rainbow Libraries Toolkit that all Victorians, regardless of identity, have a place in our public libraries, because libraries are a space that everyone should be able to access. I'm sorry, but since when has anyone been denied access to a public library because of their sexuality or their preference for non binary pronouns? Do we really need to teach library staff or resist using gendered language like boys and girls to make people feel safe? Should we also remove all the books that reference gender? This is the sort of lunacy that is so absurd that it's almost impossible to parody. But I'm sure the Good Focus Please Explain will do their best. But this week their focus is the toxic relationship between Australian labor and the Greens and how it threatens to destroy the country versus so good that we're going to play you the whole thing.
Speaker 13: You're welcome, Okay, it seems you too aren't getting along, But this is what couples there. He's all about, Anthony. Why don't you start what's on your mind? Well, Adam Band's been so mean to me lately.
Speaker 14: He's calling me names on Twitter, He's calling me names around the house. He's gas lighting me. I'm not gas lighting you. That's a lie. And you know it's all right. Maybe always wrong about the gas lighting, but I just feel so supported right now.
Speaker 13: He won't help bout around the upper house at all. I can't pass any of my silly little lawyers at the moment. Yes, good, good elbow, it's good. You can open up.
Speaker 14: Yeah, just like he's opened up twenty three new colon GADS projects. He's a hypocrite and he's a frecking liar. He won't even go all the way with me. I told you I'm not ready to go fully renewable, yet you promised me some real action. Ahi, Jay, So if yours don't right this, why are you.
Speaker 13: Texting this AIRFMMEU ha, How did you know? I looked through your phone.
Speaker 14: I've seen the messages, I've seen their sexy pictures. You should be ashamed of yourself. Suck it up to my sluppy seconds. Yes, and I'll take whatever I can get. Don't you shame me?
Speaker 13: That's it. I'm bocking you in the setting. See, this is what he does. He did it with my inadequate housing bill. Now he's doing it again. He blocks me, and.
Speaker 14: Then he gets to tell everyone how woken perfect he is.
Speaker 13: You're a coward.
Speaker 14: This is the same guy that won't tax the rich or because he's too scared of throwing his mates into a little class warfare. And don't even get me started with his best mate, Israel. Ough, I hate Israel so much.
Speaker 13: Look, I'm sorry.
Speaker 14: I can't be the liberal cut you want me to be, Adam, and I've got to barely function.
Speaker 13: In government to mismanage.
Speaker 14: Okay, everyone's calling me the worst prime minister ever. No you're not. You could have been so much worse. If you just listen to me together, we could have destroyed this country. I don't think your heart's in it anymore. I don't say that, Adam. Please come back. Good luck getting an election without me. I don't bring my electoral dysfunction into this. You know I don't actually have electoral dysfunction or anything.
Speaker 13: Anthony. You need to dump him.
Speaker 14: What I thought you place to fix our relationship, not break his O part.
Speaker 13: Look, I'm a way of man. I was one of the few people that voted for you. But this relationship you've got with the Greens, it's toxic.
Speaker 14: It's destroying the party and soon it'll destroy the country.
Speaker 13: Yeah, you're right. This relationship is not good for anyone. It's all Adam's fault, isn't it. No, it's your fault. Don't say that. It is your fault. Oh come on, man, not you, It is your fault.
Speaker 2: I know it's my fault.
Speaker 13: Oh what am I gonna do now?
Speaker 14: Doc, stop batting for the other team Conservatives.
Speaker 13: I hate Penny.
Speaker 14: Datt and I hate Pauline handsOn.
Speaker 13: I hate them so much.
Speaker 14: I'd rather destroy the country than flirt with conservatives.
Speaker 13: Wait, what do you mean you'd rather destroy the country?
Speaker 14: There's that ignorant ideolog I fell in love with Adam.
Speaker 13: You came back? Oh boy, stop it. No, I thought we were having a breakthrough. What do you say we start sharing some preferences right here? Right now? I think I can feel an election coming on.
Speaker 14: Oh bo, No, this is a toxic relationship, your rule in the country.
Speaker 13: Oh no, not again. How uneasy?
Speaker 10: When will you ever learn?
Speaker 15: I'm sorry you got a little traumatic at the end there. Perhaps whatever is that the gool with good will hunting reference were just that superb bit of extra and good to see Albo dealing with his electoral dysfunction issues.
Speaker 3: That's very important. Now before I go, we hear plenty from the TTS crowd about how Donald Trump is not a serious candidate, how we must back well a simpleton from California to save the republic and democracy itself. And you know what, I'm coming around to their way of thinking. Their arguments about VP Harris are persuasive. I mean, a woman who can deliver a speech like this is really a politician of rare insight and ability.
Speaker 16: So you know how those lids are, because this is I'm just gonna speak, okay, So this is it. So you know how those lids on the Starbucks comes. They're weight right, and so if you were a lipstick, they get all over the lid. And so then I find myself in meetings if I'm the only woman, and that's kind of and so I keep taking the lid off and having my cup out so that I don't have that big.
Speaker 5: Lips sick mark on the lit So.
Speaker 16: I said, can we do something about the color of the lip? So that was that conversation.
Speaker 3: Profound profound. I mean, how can you not back her after hearing that? But sadly the Kamala rebrand and propaganda campaign is faltering. The latest polling is showing Americans not as afflicted with TDS and short term amnesia as the Median Democrats hoped.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you for that, reader, to think of the traumatic vision of album and Adam bet Now you mentioned this whole story about what's going on in the libraries, and I am so pleased that we have joined here at the desk with us child and adolescent psychologist Claire Rowe. Claire, welcome, so much to outside, so great to have you tell us a bit more about this Rainbow program in the libraries and as an expert in child mental health development, why is this necessary?
Speaker 17: Well, as Rita said, I mean I think at best it's unnecessary and absurd, and at worst it's just dangerous. I mean, I have so many, so many issues with this. I think ten to fifteen years ago would this have gotten up. And I think, first of all, I think it just shows how far we've come to just I think the majority of parents would be against this, but we're not speaking of and I just don't think this would have got up fifteen years ago, but now it just shows we're just that frog boiling water, and that we're just allowing these extremist you know, even colleagues of mine this week said, oh, I think you're making a storm out of a teacup about this, Claire, But really, really, I mean, you know, so developmentally, first of all, as you said, we were talking about five year olds. I mean, their concept of gender is so concrete and in thinking and based on kind of observable physical characteristics, and a lot of five year olds are still trying to get language acquisition and know that you know, males are he and if you've got kids in your life, you know they switched them up all the time, and you're correcting them. And now I'm going to say, oh no, actually it's just a free for all. And it's very confusing.
Speaker 3: I've read through the forty eight page guide book. I don't wonder have any of your colleagues who think this is no big deal. I've actually bothered to do that, asking a five year old whether they identify as say them or he she. I mean, it's absurd, but I think it's even dangerous for those kids who perhaps don't fit the stereotype. I was a tomboy growing up. If these people got hell old of me, they would have probably put me on some puberty blockers and transitioning me by the age of twelve. Because there are kids who girls who are not very girly, boys who are a little bit more feminine, but that doesn't mean they're not boys and girls or they need medication for the rest of their life.
Speaker 17: I think, like most things, you know, the pendulum was swinging and it's just gone way too fun out. But we hit some kind of sweet spot around the kind of it in early two thousands where we started talking as parents about how well, you know, kids can play with whatever toy they want. Yeah, sids can dress however they want, you know, And I really like that idea that we can kind of just raise kids in this environment where you know, if my daughter wants to play with trucks, go for it, and there's not this kind of idea of gendered pressures on them, of stereotypes.
Speaker 5: But there is, but there is now And that's what I mean.
Speaker 17: Ironically, it's kind of, you know, doing the opposite instead of having this neutral environment where they can just be who they want to be Suddenly we're asking them over and over are you sure you're not the opposite, and you're sure you're not this and you know so it's actually, i think, achieving, ironically the opposite of what we were trying to.
Speaker 3: Do, and often on the most superficial stuff. If a boy likes pink.
Speaker 4: Oh oh body, Claire, as Rech said earlier, there's zero need for this. It's not like anybody is being discriminated against when they go.
Speaker 8: To get a book. You said, at best, this is confusing.
Speaker 4: It seems to me like there's a ploy here to implant ideas in children's heads that they would otherwise never come to think of, parents would certainly never talk about it. Is that the more sinister aspect of this.
Speaker 17: Yeah, it is, and not just implanting ideas in their heads. But the Victorian government haven't put this advice out to parents of how to talk to your children about it. They've selected your public servants librarians. I mean, what qualification does a librarian have in this way? And I'm really worried that you know, there's a power dynamic there for a young child with an adult in a position of kind of knowledgeable authority that children are very susceptible.
Speaker 2: But you know it's not just this particular thing. We're seeing this all over the place. Umi Stein, who made some of our viewers may be familiar with her graphic and I mean really graphic. And we won't go into this because it's Sunday morning and me, we just should do that sort of thing. She got a book called Welcome Sex, and it's four kids as young as eight nine, eighteen eight, and it talks about all sorts of things poor and sexting and a lot of things that are fairly out there in terms of sexual practice. This has been short listed now for the Prime Minister's Literary Awards. There are no words.
Speaker 17: There are no words, No there's Again I've had colleagues say this is very good for children. Well, I mean, the children really need this good sex education, and I do agree. It's harder for parents. I think in our generation when we ask parents to explain anything, they had the option of saying tell you when you're older.
Speaker 2: And these days kids google it. So there's this.
Speaker 17: There is a need for good, anatomical correct information out there, which we've always had in books.
Speaker 2: As you said, this goes.
Speaker 17: Into some pretty extreme sex practices that I think for adults on the Deathshop of Sunday Morning, we can't show them here for adults.
Speaker 3: Yes, there is graphics and descriptions in this book which apparently immature eight year old can Ennoy and is I think targeted for ten to fifteen year olds. We can't show it on an adult program, and yet a mature eight year old and the Prime ministers endorsing it by shortlisting it for an award. But what sort of a.
Speaker 2: Well, Claire does this? I mean, you know, I know we see the service about you know, when young people start to have sexual relations and things like this, But it would seem to me that this sort of thing would be encouraging kids to think about things that you know, are pretty smutty that they and spot's fine if you're an adult, but not when you're eight. They're encouraging kids to think, maybe experiment, do things much younger than they should.
Speaker 17: Well, we've thrown out completely the idea of information delivered to children at different stages, the same with the gender issue by the conferents and by their parents exactly, and this whole idea that we've talked about a lot. James about the shortening of childhood, that there is no childhood.
Speaker 2: Anyway, sort of weird thing where it seems like we have a shortened childhood but then an extent adolescence that lasts forever.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's that's true.
Speaker 17: But developmentally, there is no way a twelve year old, fourteen year old older it should be having some of these concepts in this book. Some of them, yes, okay, some of them are very basic kind of where do babies come from?
Speaker 5: Discussions.
Speaker 17: But there is information in that book that I would not want my teenager reading about. As you said, they wouldn't even be aware of it or on their radar anyway. And yeah, for the Prime Minister now to endorse it, I mean I just think that that speaks volumes on as you said, where the country's at.
Speaker 4: Well, this is another thing I can't work out. How is this listed for a literary award? I mean, I've read part of it. It's I mean, you know, the spelling is correct, there's pretty much correct grammar, but it's not gone with the win earl. So how on earth does this book get up as one of the great books in Australian literature this year? It makes no sense. It does unless there's an agenda being pushed.
Speaker 17: Yeah, that's right, And I don't know what the exactly the criteria. I would have thought a literary work should have some type of I think.
Speaker 3: That has a section on scissoring. So there's that in here. I'll well to talk about that on Sunday morning.
Speaker 2: We're talking about we're talking about arts and crafts, right, we're talking about arts and crafts. Everybody, everyone's not googling.
Speaker 3: But this is again we keep saying it, but the author herself said a mature eight year old could look at this book at eight year old.
Speaker 17: Yeah, and I don't understand what eight year old she's hanging out with. I mean, an eight year old will be very intrigued and shocked and probably quite traumatized if they're reading some of this information and what people apparently like to do to each other, because that's how graphic it goes into it.
Speaker 2: Wow. Yeah, yeah, well that's just absolutely shocking. A Prime Minister, if your watch, I'm sure you're watching on a Sunday morning, maybe have words to people doing the literary awards thing and say let's strike this one off. I mean, surely there's some little house on the prairie or something like that that the kids could be reading anyway. Thank you so much, child and an adolest and psychologist Claire row I appreciate it and the arts and crafts description from reader. Now stick around me because after the break, we've got a lot of crazy net Zady coming on as well as in lefty lunacy, bit a whagadaemia, and you're never gonna guess what they want you to do with your steak. That's right, stop eating it. After break, welcome back to the program. You're watching Outsiders with Rita Patahey and James McPherson sitting in for Rowan, who'll be back here on the desk next week. Now, in a moment, I'm going to show you some pretty incredible evidence of medium malpractice as the US press does its level best to turn Kamala Harris's word salads into something resembling steak. But first, speaking of word salads, it's incumbent on all of us to remember that, yes, Joe Biden, I know, Joe Biden is still the President of the United States, So you know, let's check in on the man hey, see how he's going.
Speaker 18: That Bill I got passed and so said that Biden couldn't do it. Guess what A trillion, three hundred billion dollars over ten years, I going.
Speaker 2: Reduce the budget at the same time. A trillion, three hundred billion dollars. Why that's almost a Brazilian I think I just loved that clip.
Speaker 5: There.
Speaker 2: You had all the classic Joe the creepy whisper and shouting. But at least he's not having trouble remembering the names of important people.
Speaker 18: I know the other team doesn't think it's any such thing as a global warming. Well, I like to put the other nominee for president. The former president liked to put him in the middle of Arizona for a while.
Speaker 2: You know, what's his name of the guy with the thing? You know, the candidate Arizona who knows anyway, Yes, so let's just remember that this is the man who is not capable of running for president, but is still apparently capable of being president, which I know makes me sleep well at night. So anyway, let's get on to Kamala Harris, shall we. Now we have over the past several weeks been part of a remarkable campaign to remake Kamala Harris from a joke to a sort of revolutionary, transformative figure who will turn the page, as she constantly reminds us, unburdened by what has been. As Lancemorrow Hi Dad eloquently put it in the Wall Street Journal this weekend. Quote now incredibly his Kawala Harris is wonder woman, high priestess of the politics of joy, a daughter of Jamaica at India, come to rescue reactionary white America from itself. The Democrats, in a few short weeks have mustard their own cult of personality around miss Harris, transfiguring the erstwhile hack into a world historical heroine unquote. And yep, that's about it. But none of this would be possible without the media, which once upon a time wrote disparaging stories about her, which has now cut like state media in a place like Russia or communist China, reversed course to support the new presumptive dear leader. What an example, Well, here's the Washington Post. You know, the democracy dies in darkness, guys. In twenty twenty one, they said, a Kamala Harris staff exodus reignites questions about her leadership style and her future ambitions. And here's the same newspaper, The Washington Post this past weekend. Kamala Harris ran her office like a prosecutor. Not everyone liked that.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 2: Here's what the Post wrote in twenty twenty one. Quote Staffers who worked for Harris before she was vice president said one consistent problem was that Harris would refuse to wade into briefing materials prepared by staff members, and then berate employees when she appeared unprepared unquote. Whew, Okay, that's twenty twenty one. But what are they writing now, Not that Kamala Harris, a woman who went to a third tier law school and feared the failed the California Bar, wasn't doing the reading. No, the problem with Kamala Harris, dowis she just works too hard at any criticism. Well, there's a DEI card to play there, because, as the Post writes, quote, the staff churn has spawned accusations of mismanagement by the vice president. But many Harris allies say that critique is overblown and sometimes root in. You knew this was coming in her gender and race unquote. Well, this is, of course, just like how all the different news outlets that happily reported on Harris's appointment to the role of borders are turned around and said she was never never she never been the borders are I know you're talking about when she was president. Of course, there is another reason why the press isn't looking too hard at what Harris actually stands for. Many of her ideas are simply playing bonkers, racially divisive, and you know, frankly exceedingly unpopular with people if they're actually introduced to them. So here's Kamala Harris endorsing slavery reparations at the behest of notorious race bader, Reverend Al Sharpton put in the area.
Speaker 6: Of reparations for descendants of Africasms.
Speaker 1: So if you elected president, would you sign that bill if it came across your death.
Speaker 16: When I am elected president, I will sign it.
Speaker 2: Anyway. You know, her values are unchanged. That's she keeps saying. And here she is seeming to endorse the idea that there's separate loans for black people.
Speaker 14: And we're talking about specifically something that happens to black people here in America.
Speaker 5: So we have to be.
Speaker 7: Specifically targeting to help those people, because if we put those people in a position.
Speaker 10: And everybody know the istory and everybody understands the history of America. That's right, America is to these people. You should write laws to put these people. Don't don't whoop us in with everybody, because everybody didn't happit.
Speaker 19: Ay, And let's be fair playing from behind the people wave that here four hundred years back here, We don't.
Speaker 10: We're not asking about to give us nothing.
Speaker 5: We as some right in law. Those of us who are willing and able to do.
Speaker 10: The work will do the work.
Speaker 12: That's right.
Speaker 10: That's what we need.
Speaker 2: That's right, that's right. Indeed, and here she is talking about free speech, or actually why we need less of it.
Speaker 16: And we'll put the Department of Justice of the United States back in the business of justice. We will double the Civil Rights Division and direct law enforcement to counter this extremism. We will hold social media platforms accountable for the hate infiltrating their platforms because they have a responsibility to help fight against this threat to our democracy.
Speaker 2: Ah, yes, our democracy, because we all know that anything that goes against the narrative of the left is misinformation and hate and anything is defensible in defense of as she loves to put it, and the whole left loves to put it, our democracy which is why the media is spreading so much misinformation right now to cover up for its own favorite dear leader, sorry, I mean candidate. All right, well, joining us now is University of Adelaide law professor doctor Joanna Howe to discuss concerns over the issue of babies born alive during late term terminations. And I've got to warn you some viewers may find the content in this segment a little distressing. Joanna how thank you so much for joining us again here on the program. Tell us a bit more about where things are up to over this controversy over baby is born alive and some of the shocking things we've been hearing discussed in parliament recently. Thank you.
Speaker 19: So, what we know is that it's one baby a week who is born alive and left to die without a legal right to care in certain Australian states, So in Victoria and Queensland there's no legislative protection for babies born alive after an abortion. That's there's also the case in the Northern Territory, WA and Tasmania. Only New South Wales and South Australia, where I'm from, have a positive legal duty that if a child is born alive after an abortion. They it be treated no differently to any other newborn Australian child. And what we now know because of the midwives that are coming forward to blow the whistle on what's going on, is that this means that these little newborns are being deliberately induced alive as a method of abortion. And we don't even do this to animals. And they're being deliberately induced alive and then left to die on metal kidney dishes or as Louise Adset said, little witches hats, which are urine dishes. So these little babies are being placed in these dishes, then put in the dirty pan room, door shut and left to die. It's just an absolute national disgrace. And in the Federal Parliament, thirty two senators voted against giving these babies a right to medical care. And currently in the Queensland Parliament, Robbie Cutter's bill is languishing because Stephen Miles is playing politics he doesn't want to vote on this before the Queensland election.
Speaker 3: Arana. Some of the testimony we heard. I listened to one midwife talk about this little baby born alive, breathing for five hours, clinging on to life for five hours, but not having any assistance and eventually dying dumbing. To me, it just sounds obscene that that could happen anywhere. Tell me about why people are voting against this, because this bill isn't going to curb any abortion rights. All it's saying is if an abortion is botched or for any reason, and a child is born alive late term during a late term abortion, that child gets some medical help. Tell me the reasons why MPs are voting against this, including a number of Liberal MPs.
Speaker 19: The only reason they're voting against this is because they want to cover up for the abortion interestry. Abortion industries. So we know the abortion industry is extremely powerful that they give money, You do the Greens they give money to labor And we don't know which Liberal MPs get money from the abortion industry. We know that Greens and p Larissa Waters is on the board of Children by Choice, one of the main abortion lobbyists in the country, and the abortion industry wants to cover this up. What astounds me is the fact that doctor Elisha Broom, a chief abortionist in this country, stood up in the Parliament and said we do this on purpose. We deliberately induce these babies alive, and we leave them to die, because that's the method of abortion. I had always thought, I think all of us had thought, this is an unintended consequence of abortion up to birth. And in reality, what we now know is these aren't failed abortions. This is a deliberate strategy, a cheap, easier, quicker strategy to kill babies. So they induced them alive, they leave them to die. Now, this was outlawed for baby calves in Australia in twenty twenty two.
Speaker 17: This was banned.
Speaker 19: We don't even do this to baby cows, yet we do it to human babies. And Maria Kovichik, who's a senator from the Liberal Party, she got up two weeks ago in the Australian Senate and she justified this practice. She said this was about women's rights to abortion. It has nothing to do with that, because the abortion has already happened, and all we're talking about reader is humane treatment for these little newborn babies who are left gasping for air, who are wondering what the heck is going on because they've gone from the place where they were safest in their mother's womb. They could respond to their mother's voice. They respond to light and sound at this gestation. These are not little clumps of cells at three four weeks. These are babies at twenty one weeks who are being left on metal kidney dishes to die. And Senator Maria Kovichik had the gold to stand up in the Parliament as a member of the Liberal Party and justify this barbaric practice. I have launched a petition to dump her from the Liberal Party because this type of person should not exist in our federal Parliament, and especially not in the Liberal Party.
Speaker 2: Shocking stuff, James for Erston.
Speaker 4: Yes, Senator Ralph Barbett asked the Senate simply to agree that babies born alive should have a right to care and comfort, and unbelievably, four Liberal senators voted against it. You mentioned Maria Kovichik. She complained she hadn't had enough time to consider whether or not babies born alive should receive care. That to me was the most shocking part of her speech.
Speaker 19: Absolutely, James, because this was before the Senate since twenty twenty two, Senator Matt Canavan, Senator alex Antique, Senator Ralpherbett had a private member's bill before the Senate, so for over eighteen months the Human Rights Children Born Allied Protection Bill. This bill gives a right to equal protection for any child born in Australia. So we already have that protection in New South Wales and South Australia. This is extending it across the country. We had a Senate inquiry in June twenty twenty three Senator Maria Covid Chic gets paid over two hundred and thirty thousand dollars a year to represent us in the Australian Senate.
Speaker 5: She needs to do her job.
Speaker 19: It was an absolute disgrace for her to say we haven't had enough time to look at this. And essentially it was her and the other three liberals Jane Hume, Simon Birmingham Andrew Bragg, all four of them siding with the abortion industry who instead of being like the dairy industry who owned up to the appalling treatment of little baby calves, these four liberals, the Greens and Labor are siding with the abortion industry and covering up the plight of these very vulnerable Australian newborn babies.
Speaker 2: Doc Joan, how thank you so much for your time. Really appreciate your keeping us informed out at this disturbing issue. Really appreciated. Thank you so much. And who knows, maybe one day we'll get Bria Kolchich here on the program and she can give us the other side. I'd love to hear that. Anyway, Stick around because after the break we're going to speak to a former senior Trump advisor about all things US. I'll actually after the break.
Speaker 8: Well, welcome back to outsiders.
Speaker 4: An alleged terrorists suspected to be linked to Islamic State stabbed three people to death at a diversity festival in Germany last month. Now say what you like about isis barbarians. You can't tell me they don't have a sense of occasion. European leaders opened their borders to more than a million people from the Middle East and North Africa, deflecting criticism of the policy by insisting at nauseum diversity is our strength, and it is right up until you get stabbed in the neck, as three Germans were. The Syrian national for whom ISIS has claimed responsibility, allegedly took the festival as an opportunity to showcase his particular kind of diversity. He was later hiding in a shelter for asylum seekers before turning himself in. So first he murdered Germans and then he trolled them. Clearly the jehartist hadn't heard the eye tolls edict that there are no jokes in Islam.
Speaker 8: The local mayor where.
Speaker 4: The attack took place, this is on record of saying it was shameful that Germany hadn't taken more refugees. He's a Christian from the left wing Social Democratic Party and he insisted it was the first Christian duty to take more refugees. It's a timely reminded that Jesus may save men's souls, but not their brains. The mayor's duty was to protect citizens, three of whom met Jesus prematurely speaking of men without brains.
Speaker 8: After laying a white.
Speaker 4: Rose at the site of the Diversity Festival, German Chancellor ol Off Schlaws promised rapid action would be taken against knives if only we could prevent button knives from being radicalized online.
Speaker 8: More of that in a moment.
Speaker 4: The great irony about terror attacks, of course, is that when they happen, the terrorists are the only ones who tell the truth about them. Isis released a statement saying the attack on a group of Christians was revenged for Muslims in Palestine and everywhere. Truth telling by Islamists is always a prompt for Western leader to sprout the very disinformation they continually warn us against. Islam is a religion of peace, no matter what the radical Islamists say, and Islamophobia, well, that's the real threat. Never mind the fact that the three body bags at the diversity festival all contained infidels. The stabbings are all just part of the rich tapestry of multiculturalism, which every now and then produces some anomalies, A bad curry over here, a few innocents stabbed in.
Speaker 8: The neck over there.
Speaker 4: Now, I'm not suggesting that all immigrants are criminals. The vast majority clearly are not. But we mustn't allow diversity to ruin our commitment to diversity, because diversity is our strength. Just ask anyone who's been stabbed in the neck. Prominent German politician Henrik Woost expressed his shock and grief at the stabbings, calling them an act of the most brutal and senseless violence. How many entirely predictable, senseless Islamic terror attacks will it take before radical Islamic terror attacks make sense. Will the answer is all the same, isn't it just one more? Hendrik Woost added helpfully, we stand by the people of Zulingen, especially the victims and their families. Well, it's comforting to know that, you know, should you ever be killed in a terrorist attack, the politicians whose loose immigration laws allowed the terrorists in will stand by your family at your gravesite. Imagine if Western politicians stood by citizens.
Speaker 8: While they were alive.
Speaker 4: But that would mean, for many cases a commitment to sovereign borders and robust immigration checks.
Speaker 8: So see you at your funeral.
Speaker 4: As I said earlier, the German Chancellor and his Interior minister reacted to the attack by repeating a promise to crack down on knife crime. As it currently stands in Germany, knives with a blade length of twelve centimeters are allowed to be carried in public. The Interior minister wants this reduced to six centimeters. If only we could reduce the length of blades, Islamic terrorism would stop overnight. It never seems to occur to our elites that jihadi's on their way to slap shinfidel's at a diversity festival might not concern themselves with the latest government regulations on blades, and what are police going to do if a Jahadi stabs people after the blade laws have come in to effect. I can hear authorities now we're sorry three people have been stabbed to death, but in good news, we're pleased to report the knife was within government approved limits and so we feel this was a very good outcome. You know, aside from the dead people, here's a white rose, and of course we stand with the families at your gravesite. Now I forgot to add the German government have also promised an awareness campaign about the dangers of knives. So if any Islamic terrorists still don't know about the dangers of stabbing people the awareness campaign, well that will let them know. The whole episode serves as a bloody reminder that the entire West is now one never ending diversity festival in which no one ever notices the killers, only the length of the blades.
Speaker 2: I thank you so much person for that pointed analysis. Now it is my pleasure to bring in Christian Witten, former senior Trump advisor, live from Colorado. Christian, thank you so much for coming on outside us today. Gosh, we've got a fair bit to talk about here. First of all, we've got a bit of news from the legal front around Donald Trump that the hush Mondy sentencing has been delayed until after the election. Now. I think there's been a fair bit of wailing and gnashing of teeth among the Democrats of the media who thought this was going to be their chance to see Trump in an orange jumpsuit before the election.
Speaker 20: Right, I think, And what it has to mean is the judge calculated that having Donald Trump put in jail and prevented from campaigning would backfire in the same way that all of these phony indictments and charges have backfired since they first started occurring. They actually elevated Donald Trump throughout the primary process. They didn't push support away from and they drew it to him. He defeated his opponents handily in the Republican primary. And you know, it's the I think a lot of people see it as the politicization of the justice system. It makes New York City look like you know, Alabama in the nineteen sixties. You could have a more pro law, pro business environment today in Alabama and places that used to be the butt of jokes thirty or forty years ago than in New York City, which now looks like it's run by a bunch of backward hicks using their judges as politicians. So yeah, it's I think an indication that these cases lack merit and that the voters ultimately will have to decide.
Speaker 3: Now the polls appear to have started shifting. Is the Kamala honeymoon coming to an end?
Speaker 5: You know? Poles indicate that it is.
Speaker 20: She did get a surge when she sort of came as a bolt out of the blue with Biden's surprise announcement that he was dropping off the ticket.
Speaker 5: She got as high bump, but not a big one.
Speaker 20: Same with a Democrat convention, she didn't really get a bump out of that. Now that national polls still have her one or two points ahead of Donald Trump, that's actually bad news because Trump usually performs better than he polls. As it turns out, people don't want to tell a stranger on the phone or over a computer who they're voting for when it's not politically correct to vote for Donald Trump. But it's also important to remember that our election is an election of fifty state It's not a national election and Trump is tied right now in Pennsylvania.
Speaker 5: That I think is just the key.
Speaker 20: Neither party really can win without it. And Trump loses that, he'd have to pick up states like Michigan and Wisconsin where he's a point or two behind. It's possible, but right now it's really a tidy election.
Speaker 5: But the big thing is next Tuesday.
Speaker 20: Where all eyes are on a debate between Harris and Trump.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to get into the debate and just a second, Christian, but just on Pennsylvania. You know, we have seen all of the flip flops around Kamala Harris. And one of the things that she said was in twenty nineteen, how it's on legislation banfracking. In twenty twenty she changed that. Her values though she says, have not changed. And you know, whatever those are, well we may find out one day. But Christian, how much of this is cutting through, especially in places like Pennsylvania where I Norreta and I were in twenty twenty round western Pennsylvania and there was a huge issue out there.
Speaker 20: It is. It's amazing to contrast Pennsylvania, where fracking hydraulic fracturing is permitted, versus New York State right next door where it is not, and the difference in prosperity in the rural areas and here in Colorado too, where oil really is a huge contribution to the economy and to people who don't have fancy degrees and work with their hands as a way to actually have a very decent middle class sometimes upper middle class income. So if Trump can really hammer that home and say, listen, this is Kamala just saying what she thinks she needs to to get elected, and once she's in there, it's the continuation of the Biden policies towards all hydrocarbons. Really there's a capital strike against hydrocarbons. It's ebbed a little bit, but this browbeating by the government against anyone investing in new oil and gas production really put a delay only recently, only in the last couple of months, where we back up to the level of oil production here where we were in the Trump peak before the pandemic is Christian.
Speaker 4: With the polls tightening, obviously, the debate takes on extraordinary significance. Just talk to us about what each candidate has to win and lose in that, and also tell me about the argument over the hot mic, and Kamala Harris eventually agreeing to go with the rules that were already laid out. But she was dragged, kicking and screaming to that decision, wasn't she.
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 20: Well, we start with that Originally for Biden versus Trump, Biden's people insisted that only the mic of the person whose time it was to speak was turned on, and Trump accepted that. This actually reminds me a little of twenty oh four when the Bush people were going up against John Kerry and they insisted that a yellow light and a red light come out when he was running out of time because Carrie was long winded. Actually, it had the counter effect. It made Carrie more concise. He still lost the election. Similarly, this rule actually prevents Donald Trump from interrupting as much. Now, if you speak loudly enough, the other mic will still pick up your voice. But it actually sort of made Trump a look a little more calm and reasoned and let people focus on Biden's incoherence with Kamala versus Trump. Similarly, you know, Kamala is going to have to do more than what she has in this campaign. She's a prosecuting attorney. That's her background. She thinks every campaign's beach is a closing argument. It doesn't really work with voters. It's coming across his phony, and you have to have substance. She's on our ABC News and that is a liberal network, but you know she still will have to answer some sort of substance of questions or else look like she's really a lightweight.
Speaker 2: I think, well, but Christion isn't like the whole debate. To the heart of this issue about the microphones is that the Harris campaign is just dying for some moment where Trump even so much as exhales into an open mic so that she can do exactly what she did to Mike Penson the twenty twenty debate and do the whole excuse me, I'm speaking routine and to the next day there'll be everybody wearing T shirt saying excuse me I'm speaking and create kind of a viral moment. Is that really the Harris strategy and why they were so disappointed not to have those open mics.
Speaker 20: I think that's a big part of it, the aggrieved black woman routine, which I think is wearing thin. I think the silent majority of Americans, including Frankly Black Americans dislike that a grandstanding. She accused Biden of being a segregationist because he had some slight concerns about forest bussing, which was an issue here in the nineteen sixties and seventies. But the other issue with the hot mics is they want Donald Trump to show up as he did against Biden in that first debate in twenty twenty, where he really did come across is angry and frankly a little unpresidential interrupting, and that debate was thought to be very crucial in his loss in twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: Reader, well, I think it is a blessing for Harris that the mix won't be like so that whole speaking speaking is just so greating. I think so many people.
Speaker 8: Robert F.
Speaker 3: Kennedy's names come off the ballot or will come off the ballot in North Carolina and Michigan. Tell me about the Democrats trying to keep his name on the ballot despite the fact that it's withdrawn from the race.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's interesting.
Speaker 20: So they're making the assumption that people voting for RFK will be draining would otherwise vote for Donald Trump, which is pretty amazing since the Kennedy name is synonymous with the Democrats, at least the liberal Democrats, not today's progressives. I think President Kennedy and Robert Kennedy Senior would be appalled by today's woke Democrat cultural warrior party. But anyway, courts have ruled that the name should come off and people should actually be choosing among people who are actually running for president, and the Democrats don't like that. Rfk's endorsement. It hasn't been hugely decisive, but they are people who previously were spurned by the Democrats, and the Democrats did so much waging political warfare against our FK Junior. That's one of the reasons he endorsed Trump Christmas.
Speaker 2: Before we let you go, I want to ask you about what seems to be a fairly pathetic attempt to reinvigorate the Russia hoax for I think the third time here we had this announcement for Merrick Garland about an influenced buying scheme by Russia and ten million dollars, which sounds like a lot until you compared to the billions of dollars that China spends trying to influence elections in the United States. And also LESBI frank in Australia tell us a bit about this. And when I say things like the deputy chief of staff in Kathy Hokel the New York Governor's office being indicted on allegations that she was doing influenced spying and stuff for China, I kind of have a hard time getting too exercised about some of this.
Speaker 20: Well, right now, if there is one country, well maybe two countries who spend a lot of money influencing US politics, China is one. Frankly Ukraine as another enormous amount is spent by them lobbying people, whether it's declared or not, or registered or not. Russia does. If you leave an open door to your elections in your political process, Russia is going to walk through it. There was a separate intelligence assessment they use fancy words for bureaucratse saying yeah, Russia is trying to influence things, but maybe not for one candidate another, maybe just to increase tension within American society.
Speaker 5: In fact, Vladimir Putin.
Speaker 20: Has explicitly endorsed Vice President Harris, and he explicitly endorsed President Biden.
Speaker 5: I think that might be Putin playing.
Speaker 20: Around, But as you point out these amounts are insignificant politically, ten million sounds like a lot, But if you are launching a new craft beer in a very specific local market like Cincinnati or Milwaukee, you'd probably have to spend more on advertising. You're not going to sway any single state or any election with funds like that.
Speaker 2: Christian Witten, We're gonna have to leave with there. Thank you so much for your time. Always a pleasure having you here on Outsiders. Now stick around after the break. This is exciting, No really, it is because there are local government elections coming up in New South Wales. Sydney's Mayor Clover Moore, she's been in power for twenty years and she's finally on the nose. We've got a local government candidate who's trying to unseat her. After the break, all right, welcome back to Outsiders with Rita Panahee and James McPherson this week. We'relling you back with you next week. But in the meantime we're coming to here from Sydney. The jewel of a Sydney, sunny harborside city by the sea and all of that stuff, but of course been run down by so it's political leaders including clover Bore the Lord Mayor. So joining us now is Sydney Libertarian candidate Sewn Masters, who is running for Council and Mayor, to tell us all about the local government elections happening in New South Wales and why this matters so much, not just for Sydney but all of Australia. Shawn Masters, welcome to the program. Now I've got to start this discussion by asking you a very important question. If you are elected Lord Mayor of Sydney, will all those bike lanes be plowed up well? If and when? If and when?
Speaker 5: If and when elected?
Speaker 21: Yeah, they look these barklines a scourge. I mean it seems as if the overarching plan for the barklines has been determined via.
Speaker 2: The aid of a map and a dot.
Speaker 21: They lead to nowhere. Quite often they're leading to conject on the roads and they're leading to nowhere to park. And the point I'd like to make is that in our never ending quest to reach net zero and rid the city of cars, all our leaders seem to have forgotten that people still drive cars. Certainly families drive cars. If you've got kids, you need to pick them up from daycare, you need to get them to the pool. You need to get get them to the beach, and when you get home you need somewhere to park. And these bike lanes are reading the city of car parks. Not everyone rides a bike in Sydney. I'd like to tell clovermore than this council.
Speaker 2: But tell us all about this anti car ideology we see across city, but also in other cities Melbourne, it's the same thing. You go to other cities, there's this hatred of the car. They make it difficult to park. They now want to bring in in Sydney thirty kph speed limits. I mean, surely that's madness.
Speaker 21: Well yeah, it's I mean it's absurd. It's part of this safety culture. But it's also part of this anti car as I say, net zero policy. Now, it should be pointed out that Clovermore's top priority quoite unquote, as she has stated numerous times, is climate change. Now, I put it to the good people of Sydney and yourselves that it is not the role of local council to solve the global problem of climate change or reach net zero. I mean, to give it some context, Australia is shipping close to three hundred million tons of coal overseas a year. China's building a coal fire power station every week. India is not far behind. And this mayor and this council think they can single handedly solve climate change with bike lanes. I guarantee you a generation in the future we'll look back with incredulity at how ostensibly the smartest people in the room could get it so wrong.
Speaker 3: I don't think anyone's accused counselors of being the smartest.
Speaker 2: Well I may very well be once I take.
Speaker 5: Exception to that.
Speaker 3: Well you can.
Speaker 5: But we do have this.
Speaker 3: Issue really across councils, not just Melbourne Sydney, but in the suburbs as well, where it seems to be ideologues who are really preoccupied with national and international issues that have got nothing to do with local government who get on councils. Perhaps I don't know because I can't get pre selected for federal seats or whatever other ambitions they have, but they they're acting about things like Australia Day and the Voice, and global warming and even international issues the conflict between Gaza and between Hamas and Israel, instead of the very unglamorous business of local government.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 21: Look, I'd want people to realize that we are living through a critical moment in history where every single one of our institutions is being attacked simultaneously on all side by a range of dangerous and divisive ideologies that this council and many councils have entirely taken the need to.
Speaker 2: They are now the moral.
Speaker 5: Arbiters of our day to day life.
Speaker 21: They are Clover Moore is reviewing our historical statues. They are telling us which way to vote in a referendum. They are pushing for a ceasefire in Gaza. They are installing hashtag racism not welcome street signs. These are all ideological issues that have no place on council. It's somewhat of a meme, but it's a truism that councils are all about roads, rates, rules rubbish and in Sydney's case, yes rats. So the five hours and this is the important thing.
Speaker 8: I mean.
Speaker 21: In twenty nineteen, Clover Moore stated that there was declared a climate emergency for Sydney. How many climate related deaths have there been since twenty nineteen? I mean, the question itself is absurd and gives you an idea of the hysterical virtue signaling. While she declares the climate emergency for Sydney in twenty nineteen, what about the real Sydney emergencies like cost of living, affordable housing, People can't pay their rents, their rates, as I say, congested roads, there's nowhere to park, small businesses are dying, there's zero nightlife. The list goes on. Yet this council and this mayor are seemingly solely focused on global issues like climate change. And I think it's a reasonable summation to make that they because of this global focus, they've missed aspestos in parks, they ignored warnings about asbestos in local parks. So you know, one of my platforms is local issues, not global issues.
Speaker 4: Sean, for people watching from outside of Sydney, I mean they might be shocked to find our Lord Meyt has been twenty years. Why has she been so successful? And is there an appetite for change now?
Speaker 21: Well, look, you know the party won't like me saying this Libertarian Party won't like me saying this, But I think in the first decade or so, which is quite a long time, she did a reasonable job. Parks were good and you know, the streets were claim. But then around the twenty tens, like so many politicians and yes, business leaders around the world, she took the knee to ideology and her shift, her attention, her priorities completely shifted away from local issues and we've arrived where we are today.
Speaker 2: They've taken there. I mean, they've done nothing to.
Speaker 21: Re establish the nighttime economy, which they've been dragging their feed on you. Sydney used to be a twenty four hour global city, you know, and clovermore on. This council have done nothing to help the nighttime economy with extended trading hours, which is what we desperately named, you know, extended. Look at Lonsstan's, you know, lifting restrictions on live music and small businesses are dying. Small businesses are the lifeblood of communities and should be the engine room of the economy off but they're dying.
Speaker 2: Fair enough, Thank you so much. Sean Masses really appreciate talking to us about the big race for Lord Mayor Cidney. So if you're living in the city of Sydney, you know what to do next Saturday. Anyway, stick around because we got a lot more outsiders for you after the break all your favorites, Hyper Bowl Weekly, Wocally and more so, do not go anywhere. Hello and welcome back to the program. If you're just joining us, then here's a little reminder that us, the Outsiders, me, James, Morrow, Rita and Rowan will be appearing in Brisbane at the twenty twenty four SEAPAC Conference at the Softel in Brisbane on the weekend of October five and six. Now, if you'd like to be there, we'd love to see you there. And here's how you get the tickets. You go to www dot CPACK dot network. That's www dot CPAC dot network to get your tickets. We're gonna host this show at Outsiders Live from the event on Sunday morning, So get on line, get those tickets and were gonna see you there. And here's another exciting bit about this. During the show, we're gonna throw it over to you. We're gonna take questions from the audience and if you are attending Sepack and want to get in the queue to ask a question, send that question send that email to Cepack at skynews dot com dot au. Now we're gonna have a lot more to tell you about this in the coming weeks, so stay tuned now, Rita James McPherson, we've got a bit of breaking news out of politics here. Apparently there's a Redbridge poll which suggests that in the Independent Peel held seats of Goldstein in Victoria which used to be held by Tim Wilson, and in Curtin in Wa, the Liberals are now ahead fifty three to forty seven.
Speaker 3: Reader, it is very interesting. Indeed. I've got to say Goldstein's my seat and I thought Zoe Daniel would be safe there because she's kind of flown under the radar. She hasn't really made the sort of headlines a Monique Ryan has made it from Qwyong, and I thought she'd be re elected. But according to this she's trailing fifty three forty seven. This is according to a red Bridge pole, so make of that what you will. The full data is going to be released later this afternoon, but it's certainly interesting and I wouldn't be surprised if there's more Teals who are in trouble. And I don't think those are necessarily liberal seats. This is no longer liberal heartland. I think these will become seats that will go backwards and forwards Independence labor, the Liberals, but shows that cost of living pressures are hurting even the most affluent in those inner city states.
Speaker 2: Well, I think you're right. I actually think guys, that there are three reasons why all of the teals we're going to see in at least some sort of strife, and I think some of them are going to be very vulnerable in the next election, and I think they are as you say, the cost of living is a big thing. I think number two, the fact is that you know, the movement James but First was born of a very particular moment in time, and a lot of it had to do with a crystallization of feeling around Scott Morrison. They don't have that anymore, and you can see the way Anthony Albinizi tries to recapture some of that spirit with Scott Morrison trying to tell ad of the Peter Dutton is divisive. Dutton. I don't frankly think that works. I don't think that that grows the labor base at all and the labor vote at all, because the labor vote, as we know, is just absolutely in the toilet. But also I think people are reasonable enough to understand now that when they have an independent as a local member. They don't have a voice in a party room, so they don't have any sort of advocacy for horse trading to get things to bring things back to their electorate. So I think these three factors are going to start to mitigate against the Teals, which will really read a kind of a vanity movement and kind of a luxury good.
Speaker 3: They were definitely a vanity movement. I think Simon Holmes, a court in fact, has done a brilliant service for the Liberal Party in ridding it of its bedwetters. It's smaller Liberals who caused so much division and really confusion, ideological confusion. I don't think Peter Dutton could be as sound disease now coming out against the voice, coming out with nuclear policy if he had all those destructive forces still within the party advocating against those positions. So now we've got a clear choice coming up to the next election. And yeah, the Tills if they were in a if the Labor were in minority government, and the Tills had some influence, but really the votes are superfluous. They're just kind of taking up space there.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: Every now and then they get up and have some sort of a tantrum about a.
Speaker 11: Mask.
Speaker 3: Just a few weeks ago we had the ridiculous situation of Zali Stegel lecturing everybody about standards in Parliament and how they weren't good enough, literally days after she had to apologize for calling Peter Dutton racist in parliament.
Speaker 2: So the standards only work, I think I think.
Speaker 3: People have had their feel Thank you, Simon Holmes a Court for your service to the country. But we're moving on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think we are. Hey, you know, you know we are moving on from and I don't think it's a good idea though. Here's a bit of a segue for you and your Rowan has talked about this, and I think Rowan is absolutely correct about this, this whole move away from cash. And I'll tell you what. I have been using cash more and more dealing with all sorts of businesses that I go out and patronize. And it's great because I tell you what, small businesses love cash. Big businesses hate dealing with cash. So as far as I'm using cash is a win. But Gloria Jeans, now James mc person has decided to say we're not taking cash anymore. Could you explain why.
Speaker 4: Well they've explained why, but well, explanations are not particularly good.
Speaker 8: They say two reasons.
Speaker 4: Number one, it'll create a safer environment for staff, So I guess Gloria Jeans are worried they're going to be robbed if they have cash on premises, Like no one's ever had cash on premises before. The second thing they say, and this is my favorite, they say having zero cash will streamline operations. What are they saying about our education system? Apparently they can't find staff who can count out enough change, and so if we get rid of that completely, all they've got to do is tap and go, and that's about all their staff are capable of, according to their explanation. Now, it's true that only thirteen percent of for transactions in twenty twenty two in this country were by cash, but doesn't every business, regardless of whether people are using cash or not, has an obligation to keep cash available so that we never go full digital economy.
Speaker 2: Well not only that, I mean we were talking before off the break about you know, the cloud strikeoutage and how computers can go down, and it's all very scary when you don't have anything to back that up. That is why every business should have the facilities to take cash. But speaking of it, I've got to.
Speaker 3: Say I'm a bit guilty of just paying for everything with my phone. I don't like carrying things.
Speaker 2: But senr purse reader.
Speaker 3: But it goes two ways. Of course, things can crash and businesses may not have foster facilities. But as we saw with the Canadian truckers, you can also have authorities come in and say we don't like your politics. We're freezing your bank accounts and if you don't have any cash on hand, how are you going to buy your central goods and services? I think the control that can be exerted if there is no cash is sinister. And Gloria Jeans, why would you throw away the trade of say, what did you say? Thirteen percent of Australia significant amount already And.
Speaker 2: Frankly, if you look at the patrons of Gloria Jeans, you know an awful lot of senior Australians order Australians who prefer cash, and quite rightfully so, as is the writer their desire, that's fine, and it just seems like they're alienating customers unnecessarily.
Speaker 3: I would say some in our ethnic community because I know a lot of us like Cash. I'm not one of them. Unfortunately, I would be disiwned.
Speaker 2: But under the mattress in the castle, we know the castle, we know the rules. So also just on technology here, I thought this was interesting. Time Magazine, you know, another incident where Henry Luce would be spinning in his grave. They have snubbed tech Titan and AI backer Elon Musk from their annual list of the one hundred most Influential people in Artificial Intelligence. But he guess who's on the cover here that noted artificial intelligence guru Scarlett Johansson James for us.
Speaker 4: And not because she did anything. She didn't contribute anything to AI. It's simply that her voice was sampled on an AI app.
Speaker 8: So that's my entire contribution.
Speaker 4: Compared to Elon Musk, who's created self driving cars, neurolink technology where your brain can be connected to the Internet, it's not like Musk has done anything.
Speaker 3: I'm sure that an AI platform.
Speaker 2: Are years of.
Speaker 8: Time magazine will be very upset about this. I'm sure.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, no, it's a real shape. But I mean, Rita, we were talking before about some of the technology and the threat that some of this technology also has in terms of you know, political control. I mean you are talking about Russian influence, but it seems like a lot of the search engines and the intelli the the you know things that people have like Alexa and things like that are all designed to influence elections.
Speaker 3: Absolutely big tech are They is an enormous threat to democrat It's how we find information. Google has this virtual monopoly. It is so ideological you don't have to dig too deep to see that. And just this week we saw Alexa, which is an Amazon product, get caught out where people asked, Alexa, why should I vote for Donald Trump? It refused to give an answer. But when he sat when you asked why should I vote for Harris, then there was a hundred reasons to vote for Kamala. She was a visionary, she was breaking barriers, had this amazing record. And Amazon came out and said, oh no, that was just an innocent mistake. It was an error. We're going to fix it.
Speaker 2: Direction.
Speaker 3: All of them go in the one direction. So I don't think anyone's buying that. And we're seeing even Zuckerberg, who and I still think Facebook and Instagram his platforms are amongst the most left leaning ideologic weak to censor. But he's now trying to play both sides. He's coming out and talk talking about how authorities are putting pressure on him to suppress legitimate information and how he's not happy with this. I think he's just scared of a second Trump term and what that could mean for meta.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, he had that incredible admission in that letter that basically he at the behest of the FBI and a government official sense and stuff about the Hunter Bydon Laptop, about COVID and all of that just quickly, James mcpreson, I think you know your way around a pulpit. Is greenism becoming its own new religion here, because apparently, according to National Public Radio in the States, there are now eco chaplains around to help get people over their climate.
Speaker 8: Grief environmental lower climate change.
Speaker 2: We had to do that.
Speaker 4: It's a religion course for urban atheists, James. But can you imagine anything worse than sitting around in a climate grief circle sharing your exercise.
Speaker 2: For accuso to confession and sy Yeah, let's me father, I bought a v eighth.
Speaker 4: Well, we've got saints, creta, we've got sinners.
Speaker 8: The miners. We've got penance.
Speaker 4: You can pay your carbon credits when you book your virgin fly. We've got all the benefits of religion without God. It's wonderful for urban atheists.
Speaker 2: Whether that's the grace either or the forgiveness. And we also have news that Kamala Harris has hired somebody as a top advisor in her campaign who is from the climate group that has been out there trying to get gas stoves. Band I always say from my cold dead hands on that one. Anyway, thanks so much for joining us here on outside of this week, we'll be back next week. Throughout the week, you can watch Rita on Lefties Losing It. You can watch James Nixon and the Rita Panny Show. We got, we got jameson Pierson. And of course I'm in the Usport eight pm every Friday night. See you there and see you next Sunday.