Speaker 1: Hi, you sexy cans how.
Speaker 2: To day Hello?
Speaker 1: I never want to back it up with I couldn't not sing now though it's too unc you can form me just to come and go hello everyone, Like I just can't.
Speaker 2: Hey, how's this?
Speaker 1: So I've barely been leaving the house because for a lot of you listen to the podcast I did with Brook around chronic health, will know that I'm suffering with severe chronic, debilitating migraine. So I don't do much at the moment on top of having three kids and just you know, fucking life. So I'm in my trackies all the time, like all the time. If I'm not in workout gear. If I feel okay, I'm like great, i can go and do pilates and then I'll stay in my leggings all day.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Otherwise I'm in trackies. Right, And we're converting our garage into another I told you a while or ago other living space, the living room, so we've had trade is here all the time, right, So all they see me in is trackies constantly in trackies. The other day I put on jeans. It was a good day, got the jeens on. I walk outside the painter's like.
Speaker 3: Oh, look, at you all dold that that isn't embarrassing for no reason when someone comments on something you've changed, or when you try when you do something, it makes you so self conscious.
Speaker 2: Oh and then I just had to quickly justified it.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh, I know in my tracks all the time, I'm not really working at the moment, and la, la la, I wanted to die. I thought, how low is my benchmark that the fucking painter can tell when I've got jeens on and I'm out of trackies?
Speaker 2: You know what? My son, he says that to me a lot, like I'll put makeup on and stuff to do this, Yeah, which is so good. Did you normally put on makeup if I'm just around the house? Not usually. No, I've got nowhere to go, and Luke will say to me, oh, where are you going today? And I'm like why because you know, you've got jeans on, And I'm like, as opposed to my ipe wear bloody pajama pants around the house, Yeah, it's and you know, and then when you do put the jeans on, they feel terrible.
Speaker 1: I hate the feeling of jeans. But it is such a difference. I remember somebody saying dress for what you want your day to be. And at the moment, I'm like, Hoobo, this is grim, but I really need to make And I was talking to my psych coologists the other day. I do fortnightly sessions with her, which is so funny because the other month I was like, OK fine, I'm gonna push these back two monthly.
Speaker 2: And now I'm like, I think I need you daily. I need her on a drip.
Speaker 1: But anyway, I told her the story of the painter and stuff. She's like, how about you find even one outfit that feels comfortable and you feel good in? And I'm just like, that feels impossible to me. But now I'm on the hunt for cords.
Speaker 2: I feel like chords are.
Speaker 1: A good in between of jeans and track is for those days where I'm feeling like, Okay, you don't want to have jeans on because they're uncomfortable. But I've got to have one.
Speaker 2: Pair of cords.
Speaker 1: But there I wore them post birth, so they're a bit big for me.
Speaker 2: So they're huge on me. They're swimming on me. They're absolutely swimming on me.
Speaker 1: I could fit both legs into one.
Speaker 2: Leg, you know what. I feel like, I don't even know what's in fashion anymore. I had no idea. I don't know. I'm like, I haven't worn cords since my first year of UNI, and I'm like, cards, do you do a flair or do you do a straight as in with cords. When I think of cords, I think of a slight flare. Yeah, you gotta have a slap be cropped. That's what I think of in my head.
Speaker 1: I'm looking for them. I'm looking for those rollers. If anyone's got a good cord, send me your suggestions. I cannot find the one I want anywhere.
Speaker 2: I always find them to be unflattering. I never felt comfortable in cords. It may be it's the thickness. I feel like they're not flattering.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you probably went to Dangerfield to get your cords back in the day. Like chords come a long way. Chord has come a long way. Cord with If I wore a chord with a wedge, fuck, you know I'm in a good place.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, And like a vintage seventies, like a retro t shirt tucked in. That's a look. That's your look. Yeah, that's the look you should go for. That's my look.
Speaker 1: When I'm like human.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: It's casual, but a bit it's a little bit more than a Trackie. That's where I live.
Speaker 2: You know what. That's two things I think would be good every day you make a commitment. Mascara and some form of pant that is not of the track. For all, that's bullshit.
Speaker 1: I'm not doing that, you know. I won't do that.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I put on maskara when we record for our social clip.
Speaker 2: And that's it.
Speaker 1: Do you feel nicer? I do feel nicer. I had a big cry last night, like a huge whale, and my eyes are like so it looks like I've been stung by a bee.
Speaker 2: Well you can't really tell because the muscara has really opened them right on it.
Speaker 1: That's Selena Gomes mascara. So Selena Gomes is is it Benny Baranassi?
Speaker 2: No? Who's Benny Banassi? Any Fanassi? Is he the kindness that did that song? I'm going to insert it here. I'm not missing it song.
Speaker 1: Yes, Yes, that's Benny Vanassy And remember now were all the girls with the jackhammers?
Speaker 2: I love how you get names wrong. It's my most favorite thing.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: He is such an example of a picture of someone that you see and go, which is horrible but an immediate judgment. Oh, yes, did we're pairing. Yes, I've heard him talk before, like I've seen clips of him. I think he was on Howard Stern and I was like, I see. The attractiveness is extremely talented too. What's his name? Is it Benny Blanco or Benny Blanco?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they're so in love with each other. It's just gorgeous but indeed odd pairing, which is awful because we just don't find him as aesthetically pleasing as her. And normally you are equal in your asceticness.
Speaker 2: No, I think there's heaps of unequal but that is unequal on the surface. But as I said, it's like photo of someone versus seeing him in real life is very time and yes, and go the other way too.
Speaker 1: And when you see someone in action and them talk like it can completely change your attractiveness towards somebody. But I do feel that most couples are even in their attractiveness.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I feel like it's usually men punching above their weight in just the looks department, very surface level. But yeah, yeah, I do, because I think men just inherently have more confidence in themselves. Yeah, like they do, so they'll just go for whoever they want. You know what to find strange about Selena Gomez just very quickly. The way she speaks is funny to me. Only her mouth moves, but it doesn't move much. It's so jarring to me.
Speaker 1: You're talk enough to know.
Speaker 2: She's like, so she talks like this, that she doesn't really open her mouth when she talks. You have to watch something of her.
Speaker 1: Okay, I watched her DOCCO, but I didn't notice that I watched her Doctor ages ago. I'm gonna watch Selene Dion Stocko Tiol. Apparently it's really depressing. Yeah, my mate was like, don't watch it, and then she's like, actually it's all about chronic health.
Speaker 2: Maybe you should watch it. Yeah, well, I don't know. It would be depressing. But then also look at her, look at the power of your mind, what she's gone through, and that she said I will sing on stage again, and then she just sang at the opening ceremony. She's a queen a bit like your mind is so powerful. I need to do mindset training, which is Stace, my best mate. And let's go and tell two does all mindset training stuff? I should say to her, can you do a mindset thing with me? But I think that coming from her it might and be is it's powerful for me?
Speaker 1: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Because it's like she's trying to get her.
Speaker 1: Son to do it and she's like, he's just looking at me like I've got three heads.
Speaker 2: It's just it's too hard. It's like my sister's a psychologist. She can say stuff to me and I'm like, yeah, you're my sister. First. It's just it doesn't work. When you're too close, it doesn't work. It's not the same.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I have a little update for you on Original Kelly. So if you were new to the podcast, I'll reset the story quite quickly, but if you have been a longtime listener, you will know this story and your jaw would have dropped. How my friend has an older sister, but it's a half sister, right, So her name's Kelly. The dad and the mum broke up. The dad went and read married, didn't have anything to do with Original Kelly had another daughter and called her Kellie mind boggling. Mind boggling. So Original Kelly knew that her dad had moved on and basically replaced her with another kid called Kelly. Right, they're South African, so original Kelly moved to Australia. When they went back over to South Africa, the mum reached out to the dad and said we're here, and so original Kelly went over and played with Callie two point zero.
Speaker 2: Okay, hang on, what were their ages? I don't know that age gap, but we're talking like teenagers. Were they teach younger kids?
Speaker 1: Younger kids?
Speaker 2: Okay, it was like a play so there might have been four year age gap or something. I want to know if they looked that You're going to have to do some digging for me. Do they look similar having the same dad, you'd sort of assume so right, like you and your half brother and sister. You can see you related, yes, surprising because you look so much like your mum. You reckon, Yeah, you look Oh god, you look so much like your mom.
Speaker 1: I think, as I'm getting older, I'm looking like mum. Like I can see my eyes looking more like mummy's so much like her. No, there was a picture. Sorry it's going so off course, but there was a picture I saw of her when she was young. Fabulous picture looks like it's maybe in the seventies, my mom. Yeah, when I did her video, right, and you sent me a heap of pictures. I think she's wearing a hat in it. She looks like she's.
Speaker 2: On the str or something. It's an awesome picture. Yes, it looks so much like you, it's unbelievable. I'd love to watch that video again.
Speaker 1: I couldn't.
Speaker 2: Don't do that to yourself. No, no, but and now I'll forget where I was going. Where were you looking like your mom? Kelly? Does Kelly look like Yeah? So sort of wondering do they look the same? Would they have similar mannerism? Yeah, well they probably would have they seen each other. Since I don't.
Speaker 1: Think they are, I'll get an update because that's all fascinating, but just going, oh, hello Dad, Hi Kelly, this is your sister Kelly. Like it's so.
Speaker 2: Weird, and it's like, hello, dad, who just left? And I've probably had nothing really to do with your lasi's and you've replaced me with another kid with the same name. Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: And so that's like, say, the mum of Kelly two point zero didn't know he had a daughter called Kelly. Then she found out didn't she need to. I need to ask more questions.
Speaker 2: Have to really provide a solid update here.
Speaker 1: Okay, I will, I'll get on to it. I'll ask about did the mum know. I don't think she would know that much, though, my friend who's sister with it.
Speaker 2: I wonder if your friend would come on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we can ask her. Yeah, we can definitely ask Yeah, okay, I want to throw back to a few weeks ago when we were talking about the comedy Company and how much we loved it as kids, but how fucked gone the Fruiterer would be now Tula Ruler, Sula and a guppy a guppy anyway, and we were just I remember that there was a new video shop or something opening in town. I think I told you that where I grew up in Williamstown, and he conned the Fruiterer was the guest there, Yeah, to open it. You know how they'd bring a guest to open up stores and stuff. And he was standing on the back of a truck throwing out lollybags and I remember I caught like three of them and it was fucking grouse.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Shandy, who has actually been mentioned on the podcast before, great name, their name is so great.
Speaker 2: Yes, Shandy.
Speaker 1: Said, my auntie and uncle used to own a nightclub in the eighties when the Comedy Company was at its peak.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, they had.
Speaker 1: Conned the fruiterer in Bratt's Mark Mitchell do a guest appearance, and before the appearance he went to their house to have a shower and meal in brackets.
Speaker 2: Weird.
Speaker 1: He had stickers saying Merry Christmas from the Comedy Company with a photo of himself, and he signed it Dearshandy, have a beyond ufull day. She said, I thought I was a celebrity. She said, I thought I was a celebrity taking it to school for news. Okay, okay, I've got a couple of thoughts here. Number one, would you go and.
Speaker 2: Have a shower at someone else's That's why she put weird? That is so weird and unprofessional, unprofessional, I mean, very judgmental. I get that vibe from him.
Speaker 1: Probably the loveliest man of all time.
Speaker 2: Probably also you know, like people pay Kim Kardashian to do nightclub appearances that the Comedy Company like they probably would have paid good money to have him.
Speaker 1: Paid him, but how lax was it? That's like, get yeah, we'd love you to come. We've got a nightclub called the Metro, and it'd be great to get you up on stage. And anyway, I'm going to be cooking bangers and mash that night. If you want to come, you can have a shower and then I can drive you.
Speaker 2: You can come with us. That's so weird, isn't it. It's so weird. You know what I will say though, which is controversial, but whatever, I understand it. When it's a group, Oh god, my wording. I have to choose my wording so carefully with what I'm about to say. And NAUSI obviously, but you know, immigrant parents Taliano. Yeah, I don't see that as offensive. Con the fruit ra I really don't. I'm like when someone impersonates somebody with an accent or whatever like that, I don't think it's offensive. I can see that. There's a really big difference in say, putting on a Greek voice and pretending to be a fruit drucker, because there's a stereotype back then. Yes, they were fruiterer's whatever, and they probably did have five daughters, and one of their names were almost certainly a guppy. Anyway, it's like just the stereotype thing I do see, there's a difference when it's someone from a group that is still I don't know what the word is, racially vilified. Maybe there's still this feeling like their beneath yeah or not that I think that there's still a huge imbalance of power there.
Speaker 1: Yes, there's no equality between races there at all. But I hear what you're saying. It doesn't feel as offensive doing an Enny accents. Like if my kids put on an Asian accent, I'd be like, that is so racist.
Speaker 2: Yes, where if one of them was like, what are you talking about? I probably wouldn't say an. I know it's interesting because I look at it and I'm like, I don't know, I'm not offended by that. If someone did blackface or whatever, I see that's a problem.
Speaker 1: Yes, let's bring it back and see how he goes. Then hey, let's bring back old conno and see if he does alright or not?
Speaker 2: Uh, you asked me, I've had a scar. Just before I did. I saw this post. It was this millennial woman who is married to a gen xer, which that can be quite an age gap because gen X. The next no SOX with me, Sam would be gen X. You're a millennial, okay, right, because I think gen X stops at seventy nine or eighty okay, Rantine, yes, anyway, but you know, like that's a wide span of ages. But she was horrified to find out how her partner got this scar on his body, and it opened up this whole thing. She called out to people, how did you get your scars? And people were talking about how they got the scars on their body as gen X's and how loose parenting and stuff was back then compared to now. And I was wondering, if you have any scars from childhood doing something that like you would never let your kids do. Yes, So I've got one on my leg on top of like my thigh. And we used to There was a pier in Williamstown where I grew up called Gempier, and there was a massive ship that was there, like an old warship, and you could pay to gone on to the warship and it was like you know, history and stuff. This is also where heaps of boats would come in and out. This is also where it was just not nice water at all because there was all petrol and everything in there. Anyway, we would climb from Gempier onto the boat that wasn't open this ship, and it wasn't a boat, it was a ship, and go up to the very top of it, which was super high, and jump into the water, which we didn't know the depth or anything like that.
Speaker 1: It was just like there was just no way anyway. Then, I you, I would swim to the pier and climb up. But I scraped my leg on all the barnacles on the ladder and it sliced me open and it just never healed properly. In knowing how scared you are of sharks, oh totally, That's why I would I swim so quickly underneath the pier. Is so scary how some people can swim, but like underneath the pier to go to the ladder on the other side. Never, never, ever, ever would I do that.
Speaker 2: I don't think I've ever jumped off a pier. I don't think I've ever jumped off anything.
Speaker 1: What do you jump off though? Besides the pier? What about on the chair? If you jumped off the chair, what about on trampoline? And then you jump off the trampoline on Yeah, although you know what I do you remember as a kid. I mean, obviously I've jumped off things. But I remember I was quite like. I spent a lot of time on the monkey bars, and I remember. Do you remember that feeling of shock when you in your ankles?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's probably why I've got plumet of first. Do you have planned to flashy artists?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: No? I don't have it now, I did used to have it. That shit is debilitating. Yes, Sam's had those first few steps you take in the morning.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, that's not nice, is it.
Speaker 2: Have you got a scar? I've got several. I actually love scars. I love them because I think they look cool and also there's always a story, But there's always a story behind cool. My daughter has a scar right down the middle of her forehead when she split her head open. She was running to get ready for school, and she had her school tights on it, and she fell forward right into the corner of the the wall, straight onto her head. Do you know sometimes the sound of her screaming when that happened, it replays in my head. Fuck mate Mark was home as well, and Mark was upstairs. Yeah. No, Mark was upstairs and he ran to her and by the time I got upstairs, he was holding her head in his chest, and I said, let me look, and I pulled her head back and her fucking head was open. I was like, and he looked at me like, don't react, and I said, it's okay, that's all right, you know what. Let's go to the Let's go to the hospital. Let's go to the hospital.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I've got several scars, but the main one is I've got a scar along my knee and thank god, no one sees my knees. Yeah. Me and my brother were having like a competition on the game won de Boy on Seega right. We used to have these like challenges where they talk about, you know, screen time now hours hours. We'd spend more in his bedroom. Anyway, when someone was like trying to you know, clock this level or whatever the other one, I'd sit there and just go jinx jinx jin stinks. Jins jins jinks jing jing stinks. Anyway, he was like so annoying. He was like going for the championship, like he was going to win everything, and I was jinx jinx jings and he lost and I started laughing. He threw the controller and I got up to walk way and he pushed me into his toy box and there was a nail sticking out. Oh, it sliced my knee. And then he grabbed my head and like slammed my head into the toy box. He was like you when you're a kid and you're that angry, you're so right, you're just so right, you know the rate, and then you know when and then you hurt your sibling and the sibling starts crying like sh because you know you're going to get into deep shit from your parents.
Speaker 1: I can't believen nail went into your knee though.
Speaker 2: Oh it just it didn't go in it like so it was sticking out and it scraped across my knee and no one will ever see it. No one will ever see that scar. All right, we're out of here. Hey, if you've got any good scar stories, let us no, let us know. Hit us up.
Speaker 1: Show and Tell Online is where you can find us on Instagram to our patrons, thank you, Patreon dot com forward slash Show and Tell online. If you want to grab a membership over there, you get an extra podcast.
Speaker 2: Every couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: Otherwise, would love a rating, or for you to share our pod with one of your buddies or something like that.
Speaker 2: It's just so hugely helpful. Thank you y'all, Bye, love yous,