Speaker 1: Good morning, Melbourne.
Speaker 2: Wakey, wakey, Jason Lauren, start your morning the right away.
Speaker 1: Gonna be great, gonna be a good day.
Speaker 2: This is Jason Lauren on No, you're one hundred.
Speaker 3: Well, good morning, everybody. Were welcoming a Wednesday. The beaches are going to.
Speaker 1: Be packed today, aren't they old Wednesday, it's gonna be hot.
Speaker 3: I know it's gonna be muggae Margie.
Speaker 1: But yesterday was like that in the morning, and then it was sensational yesterday.
Speaker 3: Kids are in the pool. Yesterday afternoon it was beautiful.
Speaker 2: What's hot all year round in your pool?
Speaker 3: No? No, I didn't have the heater up. He didn't. You're back to chilmode. Get back to chilmode. Still warning on that first bill.
Speaker 1: Have you got Bill shock yet?
Speaker 3: Not Bill shocked yet?
Speaker 1: First first summer with a pool? Little getcha.
Speaker 3: It will get you winter. We'll get you with the heater. Yeah, yeah, gotta that filter running. Night three kids, that's a lot of piss. How are we all? I'm well, Yeah, you're doing well.
Speaker 1: The roads are a bit slippery and very very wet and almost flooded.
Speaker 3: Some of them actually know. I am good. I got in the car this Mork the cars just freshly cleaned, and when you get in it's.
Speaker 1: Almost like it's.
Speaker 3: Almost that you're just bored and you can't. You don't want to drive it. You don't want to drive it now. And then I was at the coffee shop and George goes on a croissant and I was like, absolutely, no way crumbing.
Speaker 1: Crumbs in the car. Not for the first week at least, no exactly, And then you give up on life.
Speaker 3: Well, normally it's clean to the first school pickup, that's all right.
Speaker 1: What do they do at school pickup that makes it so dirty? Or they're just dirty?
Speaker 3: Kids are filthy, lureny, filthy and they talking diseases or just bitter, all of the above. So you're right, like you look in the back seat of a car after school pickup and it's just crap everywhere.
Speaker 1: But like they don't have this. Their school bags they can go through in the back seat.
Speaker 3: No, no, I chucked them in the boot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so what are they?
Speaker 3: And then you know, when when you're about to clean the car, you've got to get everything out of it. I swear to god, I pulled out like forty five water bottles.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I saw the funniest clip of you Grant the other day. Grants all of a sudden everywhere on Instagram reels and that time of year, it's love actually tummy and he was talking about why does my daughter need a water bottle just to transport water from one side of London to the other side of London to go to school? What's wrong with the water on that side of Exactly.
Speaker 3: I was like, it's a good boy, I sayd to my boys the other day. Why do you need to take water bottles? Use a bubbler that they've got bubblers at the school, but there's like three of them. Remember we just had truss and truss everywhere. It was like we're all like pigs, just exactly. And then someone to shove a stick in around.
Speaker 1: We love a Frank greenough, I love a.
Speaker 3: Frank Green the kids, don't.
Speaker 4: I love hearing about what parents have found in their kids' school bags.
Speaker 3: Have you found in kids?
Speaker 1: What about when the kids put the lunch box under the bed or something because they don't to show that they haven't eaten.
Speaker 2: Then you find it the worst.
Speaker 3: The worst is January when you're getting the school bag ready to go back and you get oh, we forgot the lunch from December.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yucky, it's discussing.
Speaker 3: I remember expect Judd posting your photo looked like something was growing in her chop.
Speaker 2: It actually was a science experimentally summer.
Speaker 1: Revolting, revolting in new way. Hey, we've got a big show today, guys. We've been talking about it for over a week now. Today's the day. It is a reconnect for Christmas Day. We want to reach out to someone you love, maybe someone you miss, just say hello, shout out.
Speaker 3: We started to reconnect guys. Coffee Boys group chat.
Speaker 1: You started it.
Speaker 3: It's the coffee Boys.
Speaker 4: Group Chat because you hadn't spoken to a lot of those guys in years and years and years.
Speaker 3: No, you're hear coming up the next twenty minutes. One of the boys actually like I think it was. Yeah, we used to go and do coffee every day after work and we're just about to have our first kid. And I said, nothing going to change, guys, I haven't seen those boys in eleven years. Yeah, but we finally reconnected. And that's what today is about. It's it's you know, it's not necessarily because you had a falling out with that person or anything like that.
Speaker 1: Nah, it's catching up and saying hello and letting people know that you think of them. You still think of those times fondly that you might have shared in high school or in your twenties or Uni Mate, Uni was my life. I loved it.
Speaker 3: I can't remember it. Would you go back into your twenties again?
Speaker 1: Absolutely, But I don't know if i'd do that many things differently.
Speaker 3: No, I'm the same.
Speaker 1: I loved it.
Speaker 3: If anything, I'd probably go a little bit harder.
Speaker 1: I loved it when you reckon you peak age was.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, the most fun.
Speaker 1: I like, I'm almost in it.
Speaker 3: Oh a lot response, that's a great yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean these hours have put a handbrake on my on my life style.
Speaker 3: But I'm like, what a great way to look at it.
Speaker 1: Like I remember my twenties, but I was like, oh, I can't do some of the things I want to do because like it was expensive and things are expensive. But I got a grown up job now, and I'm like, oh, yeah, I can go on holiday.
Speaker 3: That's so lucky that you're like, I'm.
Speaker 1: Going away for girls weekend this weekend. I'm smoking to pool about it.
Speaker 2: Got me all right, man, Jesus, what are you doing to me? What happens?
Speaker 3: Executive producer just walked up behind him to hand him a run sheet of the show.
Speaker 2: He just gave me a little oh k and clink.
Speaker 1: Living his best life at the moment.
Speaker 3: Mine is a distant memory. I reckon at thirty. It's a good time.
Speaker 1: Thirirty thirty guys singing in there, but I'm still in it.
Speaker 3: Pretty faint thirty coming up right, connect day. We want you to be a part of it. Thirteen twenty fourten is our number, and he told me how to join the show. But coming up thousand dollars nice and early this morning. We'll do it next on over.
Speaker 5: Get an awesome Black Friday deal at cocing dot com with up to seventy percent off a range of TV's take appliances and more. Coking dot Com Black Friday sales now on. That's clicking awesome, Jason Lawrence noise right.
Speaker 3: Yes, thanks to our mates, said Cogan. I'll tell you what if you're at a loss for Christmas present ideas. Everything, mate, everything is a Cogan dot com, including this lady Michelle. Michelle's not a Cogan dot com. She's on FaceTime currently. Hey, Michelle, tell us about your joint. How many bedrooms? How big is it? Four bedrooms?
Speaker 6: It's a single.
Speaker 1: Story that makes it easier.
Speaker 4: Yeah, three kids, cats and my husband and I.
Speaker 1: Okay, so there could be stuff everywhere, because here's what you got to do. We're going to name the appliance and you've got thirty seconds to run turn it on. We want to hear the sound. And if you get that done in thirty seconds, a thousand bucks is all yours. But the bigger the house, the more bedrooms, the more people in the way, the harder it is to achieve.
Speaker 3: I can imagine a thousand bucks had come in handy this time of year as well. Oh sure would, of course. Yes, we have we done the Christmas shopping yet I'm.
Speaker 7: About three quarters of the way through.
Speaker 1: Well done.
Speaker 3: Mums are all my bloody hate organized paper.
Speaker 1: I envy them every year. I get to like the twentieth of December, and I'm not leaving it this late next year.
Speaker 3: You know what I did one year? And Michelle, feel free to use this tip. You know you can buy that shiny silver Christmas wrapping paper. I used alfoil.
Speaker 1: Oh that's very expensive.
Speaker 3: Well, it was just it was last minute, last minute.
Speaker 1: Don't need tape because it's exactly right.
Speaker 3: It just folded. It was it was like, oh, you've give me leftovers.
Speaker 1: Okay, Michelle, Michelle.
Speaker 3: Thirty seconds on the clock, describe we're in the house. You're running because in the next thirty seconds we need to hear you turn on the vacuum. Because I just put up the tree.
Speaker 8: I'm still here.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, it's still here.
Speaker 8: Tree.
Speaker 1: There's the Christmas tree and left me revenue. Is it plugged in?
Speaker 3: Oh, come on, what's wrong?
Speaker 1: Fifteen seconds it's plugged in.
Speaker 9: She doesn't turned it on side ten seconds my room.
Speaker 3: Sorry, this is like watching the Blair Witch.
Speaker 8: Ah. Yes, a thousand dollars.
Speaker 9: Oh, thank god?
Speaker 1: Right in then time. Oh, I don't know what's wrong with the other pair of points. She's out of breath because I hand.
Speaker 6: It out for my tree, like I said, because I had to pick up all the little bits and pieces.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it goes everywhere, this tree.
Speaker 3: Michelle. Don't let anyone ever tell you you're no good in a crisis.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, my god, my god, my go to my god.
Speaker 2: You got a.
Speaker 3: Thousand dollars coming your way out of bread, all thanks to our mates at Coger and get an awesome Black Friday deal at cogin dot com with up to seventy percent off a range of TVs, tech appliances and more. Cogan dot com Black Friday Sale is on now. That is clicking awesome. Have a great Christmas, Michelle, thank you. That amazing weather from the weekend seems like a distant memory this morning, doesn't it.
Speaker 1: Well, it's still hot hot, it's steaming, were striving. It was like my car, you know, and it doesn't know what to do, and all the windows were steaming up.
Speaker 4: Because it was you never know what button depressed, which one does the wind screen which and then all of a sudden you press it.
Speaker 3: And it goes.
Speaker 1: But what about how high pressure the air comes out when you're trying to to there?
Speaker 2: And yeah, it's stupid.
Speaker 1: It's very confusing.
Speaker 3: He's an idea. Why don't we just say the word back in front instead of the stupid.
Speaker 1: Little the curved one is more the windscreen at the front.
Speaker 3: Must be started about the stupid little symbols on the oven.
Speaker 2: Oh, the.
Speaker 1: Jason laws next to Christmas?
Speaker 3: Which one's fan? More positive? All right? That it's not a fan, it's a windmill today is reaking State look Park, your Black Friday sales and all that sort of thing. This won't cost you a cent and it'll make you feel amazing going into Christmas. Well, I was had a brilliant idea a couple of weeks ago about reaching out to someone that you know you're really close with in your life but you just haven't spoken to in age's And it's not because of falling out or anything like that. It's just life.
Speaker 1: It's got busy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, life's gotten in the world.
Speaker 1: And we're saying the other day like sometimes you're just in different seasons, Like you know, maybe you had kids and your other friends didn't and your life just went separate ways. Because that's life, right, and that is life. It's like even when you split up in a relationship and all of a sudden you get in a new relationship and your friendship's groups changed, or you start a new job, or you move away and you sort of get a new life, but that doesn't mean that you don't crave or miss those people that were in it.
Speaker 3: I've been reconnecting each day as they head home. You're just reaching out to someone you know who I spoke to yesterday, Sash old news reader.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she is.
Speaker 3: Extraly having a mini dark, is she?
Speaker 1: She was having a bit of baby.
Speaker 3: She's a little dark. A dart's big on the vape, so she I call it a mini dark.
Speaker 1: That's a lovely way to call someone's impending trial. Well that's exciting, but I agree. I called like a guy. It was an accident, it was a pocket tile. But then I was like, no, I'm going to follow through that one of my brother's best rids from school, and we had like a full half hour catch up. We used to spend all our summers together.
Speaker 3: Clint, I know there was guilt surrounding someone you want to reach out to.
Speaker 4: There was, and it was a bit I found a bit awkward initially I'm an awkward person. Well, yeah, I did reach out to my darling friend Nicole, who, by the way, i've known since we were babies, since we were toddlers. She's recently battled and overcome breast cancer, which is fantastic, But I just haven't had a chance to talk to or to see her.
Speaker 3: Hell am I dear friend?
Speaker 7: Oh good morning?
Speaker 3: Are you as awkward as Clint? She be honest, you are?
Speaker 7: Is it meant to be a positive thing, because I feel like I'm going to come on and get angry and blame him.
Speaker 1: That's a real friend.
Speaker 7: The things been our friendship because it's been there for so long. We both know that we're always in each other's sports, but it doesn't mean we have to be talking to each other.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Like you can see how much I've changed during this conversation.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and absolutely I just miss I just know when we're together. We just have such a great, beautiful friendship and I don't have others like it. So hopefully soon we can reconnect and maybe next year I can ride your coattails to some fancy event.
Speaker 3: Proud to say, since then, you've lucked in a lunch.
Speaker 4: We have for gone lunch in a couple of weeks, which is nice, just on the Christmas.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: It's funny sometimes those friends you've known for the longest, for some reason, we think we have to make the least amount of effort with you try really hard with your friends. It's such a strange thing and then you're like, shit, I haven't seen them for a year or two years. It's weird. It's like a weird thing.
Speaker 2: We all do I think, Yeah, Christmas is the time to do it, to reconnect.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 3: So today we're doing reconnect for Christmas Day. All day, we're going to encourage you to reach out. So look, you know, if you're in the car on the way to work or you're heading home from night shift, just yeah, cast your mind back. Who haven't you seen or spoken to.
Speaker 1: And you miss them? Do you want to stay high?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And you know what, use us as your reason totally, just to get rid of the awkwardness at the start. Can yes simply be a text saying driving along listening to Nova, they're talking about reconnecting with an old friend. You popped into my mind.
Speaker 1: Just wanted to stay high?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's it, and your way how good?
Speaker 1: And I promise you'll feel good about it afterwards, even if it's one of those ones that you're like, no, it's been too long, I can't do it. I feel bad about it's the band aid off.
Speaker 3: Promise me you'll remain calm.
Speaker 1: What's happening.
Speaker 3: It's not you I'm worried about. It's the other one.
Speaker 2: Oh Clint, Oh goodness.
Speaker 3: I'm about to put something up on the screen, and I know how.
Speaker 1: You're going to read I get Clint Nickers in a not at six point thirty.
Speaker 3: I know how you're going to react. Promise me or stay calm?
Speaker 1: Oh? Oh is it disgusting?
Speaker 3: What does it? Promise me?
Speaker 2: Subject matter?
Speaker 3: I know it's going to be triggering. It will be triggering for you if but stay calm okay, oh no.
Speaker 2: On the oven.
Speaker 3: So we were just chatting before the break about all the symbols in the car rather than putting you know, front and windows, and then I brought up the symbols on the oven.
Speaker 1: So the ones with the arrows at the top, that's.
Speaker 3: That's where the heat comes from, isn't it.
Speaker 1: But if it's got the line underneath it, that means there's a bottom plate on.
Speaker 2: Yea line mean it's on.
Speaker 1: No, that's grill grill. But see where there's just two lines. That means oven on.
Speaker 4: The the hot plate and the grill on at the same time.
Speaker 1: Sure, no, that's when you want like hot cross buns. You want to cook them through, but you want to toast them as well.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 1: And what about the is that fan forced?
Speaker 4: What about when you get a collection of all three and you've got the grill, the hot plate and the fan.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's a good that's good cooking. But then there's the ones with the big cross through. What hell does that mean?
Speaker 2: You just don't turn it off?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, the crosses, the fan.
Speaker 1: Down, the bottom three across.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Yeah.
Speaker 2: See, it's just like saying, don't turn me on?
Speaker 3: Why don't they just right? What does the star mean?
Speaker 1: We had a we had an oven in a rental where all the symbols had like stretched off, So it's like a mystery. Every time you turn the oven on, you'd be like.
Speaker 3: Oh, which if you were starving and you put nuggets in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you didn't know if they were going to be grilled, or if they were going to be fan forced, or if they were going to be top and bottom element.
Speaker 3: What a crazy way to live. What does the key mean? I have no idea.
Speaker 1: That means it's a lot.
Speaker 2: What about the two overlapping clocks?
Speaker 3: No idea, mate, I barely know what play means. Lady Gaga Bruno, Mars eighteen to seven, Good morning, Melbourne, Your chance to see a Taylor Swift in Canada The closing night of the Earrors to our This was a banger remember this one, Brendan ur that Taylor Swift awesome film clip too. Your chance to be there at the closing night of the year is two. Will put you on the standby list coming up after seven this morning here.
Speaker 1: On Thomas that nobody's gonna not be like this. It is time for Naughty ny at six forty and I want to talk about June, the TV show which now has a prequels coming out, which is set I tot two Aussies in it, Josh Houston and Tessa Bonham.
Speaker 2: John Josh Houston is the Nest Cafe boy.
Speaker 3: What is he?
Speaker 2: I didn't know, the handsome Nest Cafe boy.
Speaker 3: Whatever happened to the old spice guy remember on the holl Yes, yeah, he got a few ads and then just throw it off into the ocean. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, these two result as starring in a spin off to the June movies. Except it's a prequel right, so it's set sounds there, but it's set ten thousand years before the events of the films. Anyway, we didn't do it. Within the films. There is a rather intimate scene. We see them all the time in movies, right, sex scenes.
Speaker 3: They were awkward watching them with your parents when you're grown up.
Speaker 1: Especially when you didn't expect it to pop up and no one had say anything.
Speaker 3: You just be like, okay, I'm getting ice creams. Anyone want ice cream?
Speaker 4: Understands when you're doing a flick and you end up on the SBS and the SBS for showing it when you're on a plane, Oh yeah, there's nothing worse.
Speaker 1: I don't mind it on a plane.
Speaker 2: When you're curling up into the seat watching you, watching the.
Speaker 3: Build we're watching to know on Wilson movie and sex scene, no one of them got out of the spa with no pants on and full penis out. And just as just as that was on the screen, ladies can supervised the screens.
Speaker 1: With the cabin you can't do anything about that, even genre.
Speaker 2: On my screen if the text would have hidden the schlock.
Speaker 1: Well these so in this movie when they do sex scenes, they have intimacy coordinators because you've got to make it look real and like you're into it anyway.
Speaker 3: Wear the patch.
Speaker 1: What's the patch?
Speaker 3: So box it's it's like a paper cricket.
Speaker 1: What you're wearing cricket, like like a paper g string. When you get a spray to hand.
Speaker 3: It's sort of it's just a paper sticker over that. Well, so it's not skin on skin hanging down, rubbing patch on patch to tape it down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you would, you'd have in those intimate scenes.
Speaker 3: Surely you don't want it.
Speaker 1: To make it believable, You've got to get a bit excited, don't You're just not I don't think anyway. Intimacy coordinator his name was David, who took over this scene. But the scene took three days to film.
Speaker 3: That's the thing.
Speaker 1: There were naked on set. Three days. You got it can be over and done with qua.
Speaker 3: I think we need another take.
Speaker 1: Cameras, you need the right angle. Gord knows. If I was naked on camera, I'd want I'd want to make sure the lighting was right.
Speaker 3: Now, yeah, god, you flipping in here when we've got to record a ten second video.
Speaker 1: Serious, make sure the lightning's right and I'm not naked.
Speaker 3: You are not. Just put a soft filter on that one. Otherwise people would spend a lot more advertising on the step.
Speaker 1: I don't think they would actually three days neked to do a sex scene.
Speaker 3: If I was like TV show on movie sex scene, you'll never forget like a moment were.
Speaker 1: Similar to this though, like with the Intimacy Coordinator. There's that scene in Love Actually because all I do in December when they talk about love actually, you know. With the there's the two two characters, John and Judy, and they're actors, but they're making the porno.
Speaker 2: Sorry to be a bit foward kind of going for a Christmas drink?
Speaker 8: Do you?
Speaker 1: I mean nothing, you know, nothing implied the tools.
Speaker 3: Just maybe go see.
Speaker 2: Something Christmas y or or something I would say.
Speaker 3: If you don't want to, you don't have to.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm rambling now, No, that would be lovely. So he's asking her out on a date while they're in rehearsals and she's nude and bent over holding onto a bed post, and he's like, yeah, they're practicing with the intimacy Coordinator, making small.
Speaker 3: Talk feel awkward, her saying nude bent.
Speaker 1: Over she was yeah, yeah, you know the scene we know, so awkward. She was, yeah, yeah, you know you scene.
Speaker 4: She was, mine's a bit more dramatic, a bit more hearty. Oh, mine's a bit it's not.
Speaker 1: Off a website, is it his actual movies?
Speaker 3: Clinton, Why don't we just play it and we'll see if we recognize it.
Speaker 7: Jack, I want you to draw me like one of your French girls wearing this, all right, wearing only this?
Speaker 3: Do you like the sketch girls when they come over? But is that essentral? It's Titanic.
Speaker 2: It's a bit sweaty the road, remember, and then you remember.
Speaker 1: This wait or the hot of hand down the window on the steamy hand down the window that. Now, you would have been youngish when that came. When that came out, we all kind of were and it was like I was nody because I was allowed to watch Titanic, but my parents.
Speaker 2: The chemistry, yeah, chemistry was struck.
Speaker 3: Do you think they would have yep, stood.
Speaker 1: I think you'd be surprised how often it happens?
Speaker 3: Do you reckon?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I reckon? Do you think when I say you'd be surprised, I've not known him?
Speaker 2: Into the caravan, into the winter bago.
Speaker 3: Hours to kill on? Don't they just?
Speaker 1: All right? You and your dirty mind over there? Surely you've got a favorite sex scene.
Speaker 3: Well mine sort of innscent. I remember, I can't even find it on you the cartoon. Oh we needn't get the VHS out. Yeah, it was when Roger Rabbit.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I thought you're going to say Roger ramjet.
Speaker 3: M Jacky. Growing up, I would watch Neighbors and I was in love with brooks Satchwell.
Speaker 1: Oh I wasn't every boy. I was in love with what's the guy, Jesse Spencer.
Speaker 3: So it was billionaire and they were like dating at school, billion billion And I remember it was like they went off into a tent and the camera was sort of panned off into the sky that you knew. I never ever wanted to go camping in my life until that point in.
Speaker 1: Case you found brook Satchwell. Was there a lot of X in Neighbors?
Speaker 3: Remember I don't remember Tody getting the sex.
Speaker 1: The sex. Oh, I know another show actually now that I think it was actually I want an ex scene that was like Bridgeston Colin and Penelope Featherington. The first time I was like this and love what about.
Speaker 3: Bridget Toy had three wives?
Speaker 1: On Neighbors, he was doing all right?
Speaker 3: Bloody hell? What really get out?
Speaker 1: Well? In the Castle Bridgington they were doing all right too.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I had lots of la mate a lot back in the old day.
Speaker 3: Well, they didn't have Netflix. There was nothing else to do.
Speaker 1: It's called love making. When it's that.
Speaker 3: Central, it's not called doing the having the sex thirteen twenty four ten. Is there a famous sex scene from a movie or TV show you will never forget?
Speaker 1: I'll never forget American Pie either.
Speaker 3: Oh, this one was an absolute classic.
Speaker 2: No, you are just in time.
Speaker 1: Oh oh this is incredible.
Speaker 3: Oh oh, oh my god. Remember he left his web cam on and she was changing in his room.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 3: I mean you could get locked up for that now, but you know, back then, there.
Speaker 1: Were many scenes in that movie. What's a favorite naughty scene? Melbourne?
Speaker 3: That warm apple bar thirteen twenty four ten is our number? To join us on the air. What's a famous sex scene from a movie or TV show You'll never forget? Join us on the air. We've got freezed up in return. I don't know what I give you that sort of ties in with this, but something to get. How about something that'll get your heart?
Speaker 1: I want to get your heart two.
Speaker 3: Hundred dollars Jack's Cafe about take a moment for yourself today with ay were rich, velvety, and smooth. Barista made coffee from Jack's Cafe. Mornings are better with Jack's Cafe and Hungry Jack's thirteen twenty four ten. A movie or TV show sex scene you'll never forget. I'm going to past seven here on nov Good morning. You're on the air with Jace and Lauren. They sound like they're having fun. That is the love scene from the movie Porky's.
Speaker 1: Oh pork I've never heard of Corky's. Spork is a cartoon.
Speaker 3: You used to watch meat Ballstalls five.
Speaker 1: Sporky is a cartoon.
Speaker 3: No Harky, Hollywood blockbusters, no Clint here as well. Look, we're talking about famous TV or movie sex scenes that you will never ever forget. Let's go to Tony Meadows. Good morning, Sorry morning, Hello?
Speaker 1: Is there is there a love scene? I'm gonna call it a love scene, a love making scene that you'll never forget.
Speaker 6: I think it's the cantilizing scene from Ghosts that the pottery. I hope it wasn't a master gine it's not.
Speaker 3: Now, Patrick Swayzey, what a loss. I've never seen it, have never seen it?
Speaker 1: Oh that's that scene? Is really? It made me want to do pottery?
Speaker 3: Did it? Yeah? Never never went to plaster fun House.
Speaker 1: Patrick Swayzey sitting behind me. Yeah, Well, Have you seen that hot pottery guy?
Speaker 4: Yeah, pottery about hot pottery falls on the floor and then it starts again.
Speaker 1: He cares, knock it down. We're going again.
Speaker 3: Done. He makes all sorts of interesting.
Speaker 1: That's what I would do on Instagram.
Speaker 2: Pottery boys his name Pottery.
Speaker 1: I'd knock it down again so we could start again too.
Speaker 3: Did you put her on him? I did?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's bad.
Speaker 3: Carey, good morning, Good morning. Famous sex scene from Sorry I Love scene from a TV show or movie. What do you got?
Speaker 10: I'm gonna have to say Serk and Meredith from Grazing at Me at the end of season two when they're in the boardroom.
Speaker 2: At the moment, a little bit of action in the shower.
Speaker 1: Damn trauma. Patrick is handsome. That's good because we just put that up on all the big screens and all our big bosses are in Melbourne today walking past going what are they doing?
Speaker 3: Amanda?
Speaker 1: It was Keeley's thought.
Speaker 3: A mandare in green Vale's got one that takes me straight back to my childhood.
Speaker 9: Really again, Adolescents Lessons twenty like.
Speaker 1: You didn't discover yourself till you about late twenties. Last Tuesday, Okay, what is it, Amanda Clint.
Speaker 3: I guarantee you remember this one.
Speaker 7: So it was really popular when I was a little bit younger, and it was the movie Spear with the.
Speaker 2: Roller coaster roller coaster, and they have the one on the.
Speaker 7: On the roller coaster.
Speaker 1: Okay, I haven't seen it at it.
Speaker 3: Okay, you describe what's happening.
Speaker 1: She's got the knee high boots on on the roller coaster and he's put his hand on her leg.
Speaker 3: It's Mark Wilbur.
Speaker 1: Mark Wilburg's so yeah.
Speaker 3: And that is oh, oh, what's happening.
Speaker 1: They're enjoying the roller coaster, enjoying the rides. It's I have even even gone off the big dip.
Speaker 3: Of it with a spoone.
Speaker 1: That's not the spoon it is.
Speaker 3: It is Reese with a spoon. Mark Wohlburg.
Speaker 1: Well, Luna Park was never that much fun.
Speaker 3: No, No, this ain't happened at Gumby. Well. Down the big dip now and down, my god, they're going.
Speaker 1: They just getting to the top. They are right to the top of the big dipper.
Speaker 3: Yes. And do they do a loop to loop on this roller coaster? Oh?
Speaker 1: I hope it doesn't go upside down. You've been all sorts. Okay, turn it off.
Speaker 2: Keep it going, keep it.
Speaker 3: She could have been on that.
Speaker 2: Ride all day.
Speaker 1: What movie was there?
Speaker 3: Fun Fields figure? Sorry? Sorry, you are listening to number one hundred because.
Speaker 1: It's their trouble in Paradise with Prince Harry and Meghan.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, if you believe the tabloids, Yeah, they.
Speaker 1: Haven't been seeing in public together for seventy five days.
Speaker 2: Five days.
Speaker 1: Also, it's also bet I mean, who cares if they're not seeing in public? Really, they're probably having a great time BT. Yes, but it's Thanksgiving this weekend, something with a turkey. Well, no, there's going to be four thousand kilometers apart. They're on different coasts of the US, one on the West coast, one on the East coast.
Speaker 3: Suddenly's happened. What might be traveling for work?
Speaker 1: Maybe? But do they work?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they pop up on Netflix for a few MILLI idea.
Speaker 1: Oh well you would know then, Clint.
Speaker 3: How many miles away?
Speaker 1: Four thousands?
Speaker 3: Four thousands a long way? I think we're jumping the conclusions, all right. One could be traveling.
Speaker 1: Obviously, one's travel because I don't live in you.
Speaker 3: Maybe someone's away for work. Long d can work. I've done the long long D long E d D?
Speaker 1: Were you given it a cute name? Long distance is a ball ake, trust me.
Speaker 3: I reckon. My relationship was at its best when it was long d Oh.
Speaker 1: No, I found it really hard. Well, well, actually it was great. At times. I was just going to send him back on the ol occasion.
Speaker 3: You were never finding they're flying for the weekend.
Speaker 1: No, it was so exciting. It was it was like it was the small things like, oh, you know, three of our friends are all going out in couples on Friday night and I'm going on my own.
Speaker 3: Jayce, how long was your Long Day? Went on for about a year and a bit between Brisbane and Sydney.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was Brisbane and Melbourne. That's longer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is longer. I jump the Friday afternoon flight. It's been Friday night, Saturday night, Sunday night there and then come back Monday.
Speaker 1: Brisbane and Sydney is doable. Melbourne and Sydney's kind of doable.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, it was great. It was awesome. We had no trying to fight Melbourn Brisbane Long Day at all week and funnily enough, Long Day on the weekend. Hey, let's find out how.
Speaker 2: Come long day timbo?
Speaker 3: Is that what we're doing is long day limbo?
Speaker 1: Long distance limbo? How far away do you live from your partner?
Speaker 3: Turning twenty fourth ten to join us on the air?
Speaker 1: Great, good morning, good morning far away to partner.
Speaker 10: Right next to me, we're thrown off.
Speaker 8: But sometimes in New Zealand.
Speaker 3: Oh, New Zealand's a tough one because that's dealing with the international airppear, that's sports and the immigration line in New Zealand because I don't let anything in. There's no snakes over the hell.
Speaker 11: About completely dodgy, clearly dodgy.
Speaker 3: No, don't say dodgy, You'll get flack.
Speaker 1: How long has the long distance been going?
Speaker 6: For?
Speaker 10: Only about six months on and off?
Speaker 1: Is there any plan to end it? I mean it's a long distance, it's not the relationship.
Speaker 10: Together for a long time.
Speaker 1: They're just six months to found itself in New Zealand for a little bit.
Speaker 2: And what's it like when you Reconnect's amazing?
Speaker 1: Exactly All right, Let's go to Jenny quite far and Croydon?
Speaker 3: How far away to partner?
Speaker 10: I currently used to.
Speaker 6: Be forty five minutes away until three months ago and he now lived in the same suburb.
Speaker 11: Six and a half minutes.
Speaker 3: Listen to the tone in your voice change as well.
Speaker 1: So you're together, but he's moved to the same suburb but not the same house. Yeah.
Speaker 11: No, we've never lived together and we've only been dating over We've been seeing each other ten months.
Speaker 1: The ten months. Okay, so what suburbs.
Speaker 5: Were you I was in I'm in Croydon and he actually didn't know I lived in Croydon.
Speaker 11: We met online and he lived in Berwick and he said, I'm moving to Croydon.
Speaker 10: I just sold my house.
Speaker 3: Where do you live?
Speaker 1: And I said, I live in Croydon. He knew you're in Croydon to get closer because I love her. I'm in love.
Speaker 3: I can also see you wearing red.
Speaker 1: No, no, you just had it. He knew.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I'm saying. He was watching her.
Speaker 1: I know what you're saying, and I'm not saying, Rachel, you're not also dating someone on the internet from Freuden.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 6: But what is it with Freuden?
Speaker 1: Rachel from Croydon? Where does your partner leturatura up in up in? Yeah, okay, putting it in, putting it in the well.
Speaker 3: At least you can get a good country.
Speaker 4: Snop block on the way dairy country, isn't it?
Speaker 3: How far?
Speaker 1: Two hours and six minutes and a half. Oh that's a punish Well.
Speaker 3: The only problem is if you have a blow up and you storm out to drive home. I mean you, that's worn off in two hours going home.
Speaker 11: I'm actually moving up there on the weekend anywhere.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, The long e d is over. No more long us. No, you excited, very Think about how much money you're going to save him petrol not having to drive ship in everywhere.
Speaker 3: Do you feel about moving in the country.
Speaker 1: Get really excited moving the country. I'm going to eat wonder iful.
Speaker 3: We'll talk to you for our topic next week. How long did the sho chick last when you moved in together?
Speaker 1: You're gonna have a great time, Rachel, Good on you.
Speaker 3: He's not a farmer, Ray, Yeah, farmer.
Speaker 6: His family worked.
Speaker 2: It's like farmer, what's a wife. No, it's not peaches.
Speaker 1: He's not moving to the country to eat me a lot of people.
Speaker 3: I don't think because men go to the country eat a lot of peaches move in to the country. It is alt. Just got on twenty four past seven. Clear the phone lines it is time you got a twenty four ten after one hundred over one hundred and fifty shows. I've gone early, haven't I.
Speaker 2: Now you're going to enrage.
Speaker 1: We're not supposed to be still later. I'm happy to do it. We're going to take you.
Speaker 9: I've gone right, sorry, I get them all in the draw.
Speaker 2: Is a bonus call.
Speaker 3: This is a bonus. What a treat Melbourne. I'm so I noticed what Taylor Swift next? I thought, you know what, man of the people.
Speaker 1: Good you give more people, more people.
Speaker 3: People love you. On Friday, we are going to be knocking on someone's door here in Melbourne.
Speaker 1: I didn't never know we've gone, Ellie, because I never know what's happening.
Speaker 2: Should have executive produces Space. He wants to kill Jason.
Speaker 1: He hates us anyway.
Speaker 3: Who knows what house will knock on on Friday?
Speaker 1: Exactly right?
Speaker 3: You know what?
Speaker 2: Surprise and say you are all right? Come on?
Speaker 1: Put someone across will accidentally put him in the running.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 9: Joe, Hello, Joey, Joe, you're on the list.
Speaker 1: Joe, Who are you there? We I'm here Lauren with my daughter Wallace Wollan. Good morning. How old is Wallen?
Speaker 3: Wallace.
Speaker 7: It's Wallace w a double.
Speaker 1: L I how old is she?
Speaker 6: Wallace is eleven years old.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, give us a shout out.
Speaker 12: Hi.
Speaker 3: All right, ladies, you are on the standby list. On Friday, we could be knocking on your door sending you to Taylor Swift in Canada and for everybody else, we are going to give you another chance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's just keep going.
Speaker 3: Today after eight o'clock your next chance to see this Lady Live. You are on the air with Jason Lauren clint here as well, and so is our expert, The Experts with Jason Lauren, your vessel specialists who specialize in very special things.
Speaker 8: Hi.
Speaker 6: I'm doctor Carmel Harrington, an honest sleep expert.
Speaker 3: Let's hear from the expert. Good morning, Doc, good morning.
Speaker 7: Good morning.
Speaker 10: I need to make sleep more.
Speaker 1: Specsy right now. We are people that get up very early in the morning, and I am sleep obsessed. I'm not. I'm actually not a more warning person, even though I'm in this job. Is there a perfect amount of hours to sleep at night? We hear six to eight hours? Is that true?
Speaker 7: Actually six?
Speaker 6: It's actually seven to nine. So everyone's trying to cut it down but our populations do show I'm.
Speaker 4: Happy seven to night anecdotally. Are we as a population getting enough sleep?
Speaker 11: No, we're not.
Speaker 6: So we're not doing it very well. So about wanting two. People aren't getting the sleeper they need for one reason or another.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's why everyone's so grumpy as a parent.
Speaker 3: As a parent, I know melotone and a lot of a lot of parents try and roll that out to help kids get to sleep. Is that a good thing? Is it something we should avoid?
Speaker 6: Look, we don't know long term effects of continuous melatonin, but you know what, we can give it to ourselves every single night when we just dim the lights around us, actually start paying attention to the light dark cycle. As as our I detect fading light or darkness, it starts to produce melotona.
Speaker 3: How long before the time you want to go to sleep should you be lowering the lights and introducing that dark environment. Yeah?
Speaker 6: About an hour? So that's a great idea, sort of just using lamplight as well. And as you say, I mean you know yourself internally that oh I feel relaxed now, Well, that's your brain starting to recognize it's time to go to sleep. It's time to get into my nurturing and nourishing time. So that's really important that you recognize that there.
Speaker 4: Are a lot of fads associated with sleep at the moment. There's a lot of wearables. I want to talk to technology in the psychology of technology and how it is impacting on the way people are overthinking sleep, because I find that if I'm doing that, I'm stressing more about getting sleep.
Speaker 6: Look, the technology has been great because it's actually raised awareness around how important sleep is. But you're quite right, people get very competitive and anxious. That the more anxious you are about sleep, so less likely you are to sleep.
Speaker 1: So we wake up in the dark. We get up very early, and we sit in a studio where the wind. I've been blowing up about this recently. The windows are so tinted that I can't actually see the sun come up, and it rattles. Is it unhealthy to not let your body wake up with the sun.
Speaker 6: We set our biological clock when we wake up and expose ourselves to light. That's when we stopped production the melotonin. So if you want to be alert and bright, which you are in the morning early morning, yes, bright light.
Speaker 1: We shouldn't have tinted windows in here in the morning, should.
Speaker 3: We so so we can use we can use your in that argument.
Speaker 1: Because our boss is sitting out there. Well, they've just spent all this money tinting the windows. Because the afternoon guys are complaining about the sun in their eyes where they just have a blind we should rip off the tint.
Speaker 6: Shouldn't we either that or had very bright light in the studio. If you're in darkness still you're awakened. In darkness, you're still producing.
Speaker 1: That meltone one aware as environmental.
Speaker 4: Doctor Carmel break it down for a simplifier, what are your top tips for Melbournians to get more sleep?
Speaker 6: Well, recognize what you need to start off with. So it's not six to eight but seven, so somewhere between seven tonight. Women need more sleep than men.
Speaker 1: Start later than you, guys, Why I should I should start at seven?
Speaker 4: Jokes aside, why do you Why do women need more sleep because we are exhausted?
Speaker 6: Yeah, because I come until puberty. Boys and girls need the same amount of sleep. But also I really recommend getting up at the same time every day as much as possible, because that's that and yeah, really important.
Speaker 11: Whole food diet.
Speaker 6: But that one hour before bedtime is really really important for switch down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how far before we go to sleep should we eat? Because remember, boys, I went through the stage where if I ate steak at night, I was getting meat sweats eat at night.
Speaker 3: It was at nine pm last night.
Speaker 2: You have meat sweats in the farts.
Speaker 1: I've never got just got meat sweats, thank you very much. But how long should we leave before eating and going to sleep?
Speaker 6: Well, as you get older we have to live longer. But as a gauge, probably somewhere between two and three hours, but over the age of forty five, really it should be three hours. And if you're hungry, then a little snack. Okay, it's a little snack.
Speaker 2: For you, Jason, Jase, you'll be idiot four per.
Speaker 3: Under gramm. I feel it is not a little snack. Rong, okay, gotcha.
Speaker 1: And also I want to ask about naps. I'm a napper. I love a nap because is it true that you shouldn't nap over twenty minutes?
Speaker 6: Absolutely so. The idea is if you have a nap, I was greater than twenty twenty five minutes, you can fall into deep sleep. I want to be in deep sleep because you wake up with that sleeping shop dis oriented, so you only want to be in light sleep.
Speaker 7: So light sleep is.
Speaker 6: Really good, and if you're only staying light sleep, it doesn't affect your ability to sleep that night, and that's called a nap. But I talk about a full sleep cycle, which is you go through light sleep, deep sleep, and dream sleep, and that's around about ninety two hundred minutes. And you do not want to sleep good.
Speaker 1: So does that mean you should either do twenty minutes or ninety minutes?
Speaker 6: Yes, no, no, no, you don't do ninety minutes unless I got to say in your situation, you're a shift worker. For some shift workers buy face six sleepers, so they don't get there eight hours overnight, but they break it up into two lots.
Speaker 3: Doctor Carmel, hypothetical English means which means I'm having a problem with. So say let's go hypothetical. Say if I went out for a few lemonades on a Friday night and I got home quite late. Therefore I only managed to get five and a half hour.
Speaker 1: Sleep, or three or two even.
Speaker 3: Let's even say three right very late night. Do I need to catch up over the next few nights? Will ever be able to catch that up.
Speaker 1: Should I sleep all day?
Speaker 6: Well, actually, we do have a thing called sleep debt, that's what you're talking about. So you're if you normally get eight hours, you got three, then's five hours. But fine, large, yes, you do have to pay it back, but find largest two for one. I don't want to have everyone in the sleep bit and then just hang it back to for one because the impositing is what we need to do.
Speaker 3: For one, you get two drinks for the price of one.
Speaker 6: So well, if you have a ten hour sleep that you probably need to sleep about five hours extra. Yeah, but the thing is one of the things you'll notice when you don't sleep, well we've only had about three hours sleep, you've probably got an increased appetite, increased.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, you reaped my mind.
Speaker 2: Where do you sit on electric blankets?
Speaker 1: Weighted blankets they can work for some.
Speaker 6: I don't like to see them being used in children or infant pople using infant and that's a no no.
Speaker 3: I think you should be using a weighted blanket under seventy.
Speaker 1: So what I've learned from this is that I should come in an hour later. We should get the tints stripped off the windows. And if it's normal to want to eat.
Speaker 3: All day, Doctor Carmel, just before we let you go, putting all jokes aside, not getting enough sleep? Is it going to shorten our lifespan?
Speaker 6: That is show that yes, that's okay. But also along the way, studies show that you're more vulnerable to developing dementia.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, that's frightening.
Speaker 6: Really actually, off to bed, that's right, we must.
Speaker 3: Doctor Carmel Harrington is our sleep expert joining us this morning. Sleep for heealth dot com dot au is a website if you want to read more. Hey, thank you so much for your time this morning. We appreciate its.
Speaker 1: What we will virtue.
Speaker 5: Jason Laws reaching next to Christmas.
Speaker 3: Well, good morning Melbourne, Lauren.
Speaker 1: It's a miserable old day out there, Melbourne. But if you want something to make yourself feel good about yourself, today's the day to reconnect with an old friend. It's reconnect the Christmas day or a month till Christmas. It's when we get all the fields.
Speaker 3: Best idea you motioned, Oh thanks, well, a lunch of Donovans was up there. But this this is a close second. Yeah, it's not going to cost you a cent. This isn't about people you've had, are falling out with or anything. It's like I mentioned to you guys before about Coffee Gang.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I had these bunch of lads in Brisbane and after work we would all go to Jamie's Coffee Shop every day and people would come and go throughout the afternoon. And I was the first one in the group to have a baby. And I remember saying to the group, like, things won't change, I'll still be here. I haven't seen those guys in eleven years, feeling yeah. And I was talking about this on the show and this blew me away. Max, one of the guys in the Coffee Gang, happened to be podcasting our show and reached out to reconnect. We would hang out every weekend and I was just telling the guys about how you out of nowhere. You sent me a message and I was listening to the show the podcast and you mentioned the Coffee Gang and you walked past Jamie's Coffee Shop and doesn't bring back memories?
Speaker 12: Took me straight back? Yeah, Yeah, And it was it was almost every day, like it was such a key part of our lives. Like you know, social media is so cool because you think, oh, we're still connected in.
Speaker 3: Some way, but it's not the same.
Speaker 12: I think more so a guy. My wife, she's just got a thousand mate she sees all the time and.
Speaker 3: Connects with all the time.
Speaker 6: I'm like, I haven't seen you ten years.
Speaker 3: Oh well, yeah, you're right, And then there is that little bit of girl. But you know what, park that aside? Mate, next time in Brisbane, let's let's head out one hundred percent. Yeah, bloody good to hear your voice, mate, you two. Since then, we've started the coffee boys group chat. That's funny and it's so true what Max said. It's such a big moment in your life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but did you feel good?
Speaker 3: Got great? I felt bloody great and I felt younger. I'm sure he would.
Speaker 1: Well, it takes you back to a moment in time and you never have that time again, right, But I don't think we spend enough time actually thinking about those times and reconnecting with those old friends, which is what today is all about. And I'm going to reconnect shortly with one of my best friends from my twenties. Were inseparable in our teenagers and twenties, and I haven't seen her in about seven years and strangely, I feel like, really overwhelmingly nervous about it.
Speaker 3: We're gonna have a front row seat for it. After eight o'clock. It is Reconnect your chance to get on Stamboy List to Taylor Swift Live in Canada.
Speaker 2: That is coming What's Wrong?
Speaker 3: That's coming up later on in the show.
Speaker 2: What's Wrong?
Speaker 3: Clint's eating more than air for breakfast and he just lifted his shirt and looked at his tummy.
Speaker 1: Oh, clintic a little bit bloated.
Speaker 3: You had one bite of a breakfast burreta.
Speaker 2: And the problem is I ate all the tortilla and not enough che So that's yoursh.
Speaker 3: Brown ripped the top of the tortillera. I've really wasted a bite. And he just looked at his tummy. I'm like, God, I'm bloated. Good Anya, the size of my right arm.
Speaker 1: You two done watching an episode The Biggest Loser over here thirteen. We're going to do a Wayne.
Speaker 3: You know who'd win that?
Speaker 2: I don't?
Speaker 1: Who are you looking at me? And or Jay?
Speaker 3: How dare you? Maybe I will win unless AJ rolls in here and tempts me with a males bar. Yeah they used to do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the temp was terrible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that show ain't going to work in twenty twenty four, would be canceled these days thirteen twenty four ten, What are you late to the party with?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what we want to know, because I've just discovered something and I am so excited about it. But I've just been told it actually is from twelve years ago. Twelve years that's like more than a decade. That's a long time. It's TV show that The other night I was at my brother's. It was a Friday night where exhaustors pauls away when I had dinner with my brother and sister in Laura, and I was like, let's watch a movie. And we're flicking through Netflix like everybody does, and my brother goes, how good is this show? And I said, I've never seen it? He said, that's it. We're going back to episode one, season one.
Speaker 5: Unfortunately, we only hear from and you haven't even gone to anyone else.
Speaker 4: What if I told you that I consume knowledge like no one you've ever met, and I've actually passed the bar, So you're full of crap.
Speaker 3: I a show, Okay, this is this was the last show I watched the full.
Speaker 1: Series of thirteen years later, I've caught onto Suits and it's it's a rise spoiler alert. It's so good.
Speaker 3: There was a resurgence about ten months ago people for some I think Netflix just.
Speaker 1: Brought the right I think there was some. Yeah, it's because it's on Netflix, I think. And also some article the other day that said Harvey Spector is coming back. Well started they ding another season.
Speaker 2: I started shooting what won you suits?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: And Gabrielle gabriel mucked is back.
Speaker 1: He is shot married to as Harvey Spector. So if if you like me, you are late to the party on something thirteen twenty four, ten is down number. But if you like me and you're late to suits, so it's Charvey Spector.
Speaker 2: Stephen Ammel is in the new series as well.
Speaker 1: So it's Rick Hoffman has Louis Yeah, Rick Kaufman is he silly?
Speaker 3: Lewis slit? I hope.
Speaker 1: So Meghan Markle obviously won't be on the new one because she's busy doing actually I don't know what she's busy doing, but she's not coming back. Having watched it now thirteen years later, that's great. Meghan Mirkal has aged, she has an aged to day, she's aged so well, she looks exactly the same. Then she she's a brilliant actress. Did everybody know she was this amazing actress?
Speaker 3: Wait till you get to the I'm only.
Speaker 1: In season one. I'm only in seasons.
Speaker 3: There's an already scene like in the filing room. But it's weird what she got now that she technically is a royal, because I'm like, oh, it's like seeing the video of Lizzie.
Speaker 1: Back in there, so you can imagine why the queen wasn't happy?
Speaker 2: Was happy?
Speaker 3: Actually she's a big suit. She was a big anyway.
Speaker 1: If you haven't seen it, you must do it. It's brilliant and that first episode is one of the greatest first episodes of any series I've ever seen.
Speaker 3: What about Donna? I love Donna. I love this secretary.
Speaker 1: She's a maudy. She's funny.
Speaker 3: What did they do with the can opener?
Speaker 1: What can opener? Your building?
Speaker 3: No hand opener. That's how they celebrate, like a big legal win. They put each other and go get the can opener. But you never know what they do with it.
Speaker 1: Oh I for got to that pit.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, it did tailor off.
Speaker 3: It got a little bit silly.
Speaker 1: That's what a few people have said that the first few seasons are great, and then it's so should I watch all nine to back? This time next year, I'll give you an update of where I'm at.
Speaker 3: Ali in many ponds. What were you late to the party with?
Speaker 7: I'm wearing croc?
Speaker 1: Have you just got them?
Speaker 3: I just bought some.
Speaker 1: You're late to the party too? But you got did you get the what did you go with the classic? Or do you get the fleecy land ones?
Speaker 7: Just the classic black? But all the gibbets are you?
Speaker 1: Are they comfy?
Speaker 3: Gibbit or gibbet?
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 7: They're pretty pumpy.
Speaker 1: I don't think they're that ugly. I think they get at the crocs. Click you and I got something?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we love them.
Speaker 1: Should wear them tomorrow? We shall great crop with because it's hot and.
Speaker 3: It's all about the neutral tones in the crocs.
Speaker 4: Now, I'm notkie, not the garish colors, just the beautiful neutralk.
Speaker 1: Is that no good?
Speaker 3: You've seen? They come in a heel. What is the heel? Like a high heel croc?
Speaker 1: That should be illegal. No, you are going straight to fashion prison if you were on cropper heels.
Speaker 3: Off you go Maddie and Bird would catch up with one of the kids. Now, Maddie, you sing from the movie or the TV show?
Speaker 7: Yes, I don't believe you don't like it.
Speaker 1: I love that anyone. But yeah, it was so bad. I thought it was so bad, but I loved it.
Speaker 3: It's awesome.
Speaker 2: I love.
Speaker 1: Was real.
Speaker 3: Do is Glenn Poweer the dude in the New Twister?
Speaker 1: There's a new Twister?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's terrible.
Speaker 1: Stuck with Twister?
Speaker 3: I walked out. It was terrible. I'd rather watch paint dry than that guy.
Speaker 2: Oh, he don't.
Speaker 3: Anything. He's serious. Yeah, my dad's one of the great actors of our generation.
Speaker 1: Clinton. I could see you being inspired by You're a big about you.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much. The abs to match?
Speaker 1: How to match you? Reckon? I'll tell you what. I don't have a body like Sidney Sweeney. Let's get into the five K question, shall we. Maddie, Hello, all right, let's do it. You got a question here for five thousand dollars. You're going to hear the question. You're gonna hear a three two, one countdown. If you answer correctly within that time before the buzzer, the money is yours. If you don't know. Guess would be my hot tip. Listen to the question if you don't know it, Yes, we.
Speaker 3: Are playing for five thousand dollars. Are you ready to go?
Speaker 7: Ready to ever?
Speaker 3: Okay, now remember what Lauren said, Yes, yes, I didn't know this. But if you really think about it can only be a number.
Speaker 1: And all right, how much you're going for five thousands?
Speaker 3: Playing four five thousand dollars? Here?
Speaker 1: It is there, it is all right? Here we go. Good luck, good luck. Maddie goes a long way when you're twenty six years old.
Speaker 3: Here we go. This is your five thousand dollars question. In which European city would you find?
Speaker 2: Orly airport three?
Speaker 1: Two one?
Speaker 7: Brobably not.
Speaker 1: Had a guess. No, it's Parish Bama. I go Bamba bamba Bama.
Speaker 3: I thought you want to guess Paris over Berlin.
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 2: I never.
Speaker 7: I don't know it's number because.
Speaker 2: He I guess the number one of three airports? There got Paris city?
Speaker 3: Or is there Avalon? Potentially everyone's got an Avalon? Don't We've got three airports here, don't we what's the third?
Speaker 1: We've got a rabbit hates of airport?
Speaker 3: Got airports coming out.
Speaker 1: Of our years since what sort of airline you're getting around on it.
Speaker 3: Havn't taken off of Morabin in a Virgin Jet anytime soon.
Speaker 1: No, but it's an airport.
Speaker 3: It is an airport where the ball is.
Speaker 1: Flying and out of on their pjs on.
Speaker 3: Their what Friday days. It's a different letter. Just go on twelve past eight still to come your chance to win your way to Taylor Swift And it is a very special day here in Melbourne. We'll tell you about it next. This is novel one hundred.
Speaker 1: So for the last week or so, we've been talking about reconnecting for Christmas.
Speaker 3: Today's the day.
Speaker 1: Today is the day. And this all started because I was telling you guys about a beautiful friend of mine who was one of my best friends. Were inseparable. We spent every weekend together. We spent all of our like what I call the most fun whild the years of my life, like eighteen nineteen twenty twenty one. We were all inseparable, this group of girls. And it occurred to me the other day that I haven't seen her in probably I want to say, six years.
Speaker 2: So now that you've spoken about it, you've verbalized it.
Speaker 3: Do you miss her.
Speaker 1: I really miss her, and I was telling you guys about it, and funnily enough, she sent me a voice note on Instagram the other day about a video that we'd posted, and so we sort of started reconnecting. But I haven't. I just I haven't seen her. Life has just gone by, and of course I miss her. She was one of my best friends.
Speaker 3: When you say you've sort of been reconnecting, she sent your voice note, you guys actually haven't spoken on the phone.
Speaker 1: We haven't. I sent her a voice note back, going, Oh my gosh, this has made my weekend. Hearing your voice and hearing her laugh just took me back fifteen years to the glory days I've been carefriend, young and wild.
Speaker 3: Would you like to pick up line one and say hello to someone who's hanging on hold?
Speaker 1: Hello, pretty pot putty.
Speaker 3: How are you?
Speaker 11: I'm great, I'm nervous.
Speaker 1: I know, saw am I. I've been telling the boys about you, and it just it feels like, well, it has been so long since I've seen you. But as soon as I heard your voice the other day, I was like, nothing has changed. That's my friend, and I miss you.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I missed you too, And a memory popped up on my phone last night from I don't know if this was the last time we saw each other. I'm hoping not, but it was from your Hen's night.
Speaker 3: Oh change that way it's and I was like, what is this?
Speaker 11: Like, who took this photo? It's very blurry and I zoomed in and it was me, you and Georgie and Georgie and I are pretty clear, but.
Speaker 1: You were not.
Speaker 11: In many ways were not clear, and it's got I was like, where were we And it's got crown towers.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, sounds like Lauren.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 11: I was like, okay, this was That was twenty fifth of November twenty seventeen.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. And it actually doesn't feel like that long since I've seen you. But no, You've you've got a baby, You've got this incredible life that it feels weird to not be a part of. But I've seen it on social media, so I feel like I know it. But I just I feel terrible that I haven't seen you. I really do.
Speaker 6: Oh it happens.
Speaker 11: It's like, we're very busy and you you were doing exactly what all of us, like the girl group, exactly what we thought that you would be doing. I don't know if you remember writing in a little book at school or something, what do you want to be when you grow up? And you wrote you were like an actress or something on stage, or you could have even written radio. I don't remember. But you're just living it, you know.
Speaker 1: It's so funny because this is what girls do. Right As teenagers. We used to sit there and write down what sort of boy we wanted to marry, what sort of life we wanted to have all together. But I just don't think we ever thought that it would be without each other. By our sides. Now the boys are just you're.
Speaker 3: Introduced Talia, Talia, Talia. It's as a friend of Lawrence. It's very nice to watch this right now, because not nice to see you so emotional in a bad way, Los, But she's got tears running down a face. I can see this means a lot to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it does. We had an extraordinary friendship and we've never had a falling out. But life's just got busy.
Speaker 11: Yeah yeah, And there's there's no one to blame and there's no fault and it's all perfect and we've been brought together in this moment. You know, publicly and it's beautiful.
Speaker 1: But tar and I'm sure still he is the most beautiful friend, like the friend that if I needed anything, she'd be there in two seconds. If I needed a wingman to back me up on anything, she'd come in and a feisty tile. And I hope you still are.
Speaker 3: That's what you two have got in comment.
Speaker 4: What I don't want to induce to me tears here, But Talia, what what you love about how Lauren?
Speaker 11: She's extremely generous that you guys would know that.
Speaker 7: That's why.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and I feel that's why so such good fortune and abundance and just good things come to her. Because she's got an open palm. Things easily flow out and things easily come in. And you know, she's lighthearted. And when we can become addicted to just doom and gloom and gossip and talking about the things that make us feel bad, Lauren will just come in with a you know, with a bood chin and it's like.
Speaker 6: Perspective.
Speaker 3: You get me, bloody.
Speaker 1: But that's what Tarlie's like, right this This woman has the most open heart and the most kind soul of anyone I've ever known. And I do really miss that so This has absolutely made my made my week and made my Christmas. And to anyone else who needs to reach out to a friend, A highly recommend you do it.
Speaker 3: Because everyone's got a Talia and everyone's got a Lauren in their life. I'm telling you, and that's what today is all about.
Speaker 1: And we live in different states now, but I said to Tyl the other day, it's send a message saying this is just kick this off. I'm coming up, I'm seeing you. I need to meet the baby. I want to hear all about your life and put I'm so proud of you because your life just seems like it's exactly where you need to be as well.
Speaker 11: No, thanks, pretty pie. Yes, it's pretty special my son. You know, anybody has kids would know. It's just I don't know what I was doing before him. Not much.
Speaker 1: No, but you were born to be a mum. We all know that. So I'm so glad life's just going swimmingly for you.
Speaker 3: Hey, Talia, can we can we be your friend too?
Speaker 1: She's great fun. Best friends you did just become best friends.
Speaker 3: I was actually thinking I didn't know two with my life after i'd kids.
Speaker 1: Oh I love you, I miss you, and I can't wait to see you.
Speaker 11: I love you too, Thanks so much for calling. I'll see you really soon.
Speaker 1: I'm doing a full ugly cry. You tell you'd be absolutely mortified.
Speaker 11: Online.
Speaker 3: That was that was really nice to work.
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, I didn't realize I'd be so emotional about that.
Speaker 3: Oh that's what today's about.
Speaker 1: I really miss her, I really really do. And I'm going to make sure and make the efforts.
Speaker 4: When you've got a genuine connection, it's something to treasure, right, and you will treasure that for the rest of your life.
Speaker 1: You know, She's a ripper.
Speaker 3: A lot of people try and bring happiness buying things Black Fridays sales are coming to get about that friendship heading into Christmas like, it's priceless.
Speaker 1: Call someone that you love and tell them that you love them and you miss them.
Speaker 3: It is reconnect Day here on Nova.
Speaker 1: We never go what a banger Bang a banger banger?
Speaker 3: Favorite song of the errors to us? Is that your favorite? We're just signed pen and paper to Nova. Yeah, the Lovely Bosses took us to the Nova box for the years to us talking to the Big Man BT. He is in the middle of the chat about what life and Nova's gonna be like and I'm like, I'm sorry, You're gonna have to hold that thought because.
Speaker 1: You are not the most important person in my life.
Speaker 3: Absolutely not. Taylor's doing style and I swear to the front. I pushed Chrissy's swan out of the way.
Speaker 1: Did you really? And I was you were living. Well guess what, Melbourne, you too could be living and dancing to that song. Not with the mcg though. In Vancouver, in Canada for Taylor Swift's final show of the Ears tour. Today and tomorrow are your last chances to get in the running to win. These will be announcing the winter on Friday, us to go, not.
Speaker 3: Just announcing we are going to leave the SHTYO, take the show on the road. Knock on your door, help you pack your bags and send you to Canada.
Speaker 1: You trouble and you want there?
Speaker 3: Ay, Maddie, Yeah, you are on the list.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, thank you. I really love you guys.
Speaker 7: I'm so glad you're back.
Speaker 1: Oh thanks man. Hopefully we see you on Friday. I hope so.
Speaker 7: I'll have a cup of tea and some cookies ready.
Speaker 1: If you are Gord, you had me cookies.
Speaker 3: We are more of a momesa family, but we will take that cup of tea.
Speaker 1: Let's go to Bronzie. Good morning. You want to take your bestie to see Taylor in Canada?
Speaker 6: I do.
Speaker 7: I want to see Taylor to seek Taylor.
Speaker 1: Well, congratulations, you're on the standby list?
Speaker 3: Is thank you?
Speaker 1: No worry on Friday plenty?
Speaker 3: Yes, come on the go for it?
Speaker 2: How bad we go with Bella? Bella from Botanic Bridge.
Speaker 3: Good morning?
Speaker 6: How are you?
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, you want to get.
Speaker 3: On the list?
Speaker 12: I do?
Speaker 11: I do so badly.
Speaker 1: Have you got someone to take Bella?
Speaker 12: I do?
Speaker 6: My twins sister.
Speaker 2: Double trouble.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, twins on tour.
Speaker 3: How good you're on the list?
Speaker 7: Thank you?
Speaker 1: So m your path thought ready to go in case we turn up on Friday?
Speaker 7: Yeh case is that good.
Speaker 1: Luck Bella to see that. This is one of the coolest things we've ever got to do.
Speaker 3: What are we can I do after this tour wraps up? What are we going to look at on the ground then.
Speaker 1: Highlights?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're just watch YouTube.
Speaker 1: I might go back to Harry Styles clips for a bit of Carpenter. Oh yeah, she's a bit naughty on the stage.
Speaker 3: Nat giving away trip yes, Melchrosina after nine, go on, that's a flex, isn't it. We're doing Taylor Swift? And then Mel's come out of the gates going all right, I'll play you at this sillidle little game she live music. I'm going to send you to Sabrina in London. You want to see the biggest acts around the world. Just keep her locked and over coming up. I would like to expose.
Speaker 1: You too, Oh dear, what for now?
Speaker 3: You two have been doing something during the songs all through today's show and a bit of yesterday's and I think a lot of people around Melbourne have what well?
Speaker 1: He just tried to talk down put his microphone on, because doing a good job today.
Speaker 3: Mate, you're a non button. I don't.
Speaker 1: Let's not fight, don't.
Speaker 3: There was something you.
Speaker 1: Got to training and it's a big glom outside. Let's all be friends.
Speaker 3: You guys been doing something during the songs that I don't think should be done in the workplace. We're going to chat about that.
Speaker 1: I think the workplace is the perfect spot for it, especially when you're sitting in this dark little box in here where no one can see you.
Speaker 2: It's dark here, isn't it.
Speaker 3: I got a surprise for everyone though. Before we get to that. You know how we're doing reconnect day. Guess who's on the phone? Who Grannie Die?
Speaker 1: Grannie Die?
Speaker 10: Hey?
Speaker 11: You going? Hes everyone going?
Speaker 1: Is there anyone you wanted to reconnect with today? Yeah?
Speaker 11: I love to rest when I haven't spoken to why.
Speaker 3: G girls used to go club and back in the day.
Speaker 6: Oh Sy, what was.
Speaker 1: Your favorite club of Burvale? Oh my gosh, the Burvale is still going strong. I think Ranny Die, you got to get back the bar.
Speaker 3: Why don't you You need to reconnect with the bar at the burn Valehi, d g o Ge die.
Speaker 1: Put on your die love the burden that doesn't expire you to reconnect with someone you loving you miss, I don't know what will.
Speaker 3: Very big day coming up on Friday, as well as us sending people to Tyler Swift. It is Black Friday sales. I mean, I don't get it though, I mean a lot of them are on now. In fact, we're going to be for.
Speaker 1: Like two weeks. I thought it was last Friday.
Speaker 3: We're going to be joined by a retail expert later on in the week as well. Who's going to tell you where you can get the bigger savings and the places to avoid.
Speaker 4: So some retailers will tease us with a pre Black Friday sale and then on Friday it gets to bonkers and they go so thirty percent becomes fifty percent. Yeah, so there can be extra like a bit of an inducement.
Speaker 3: So hang on.
Speaker 1: So you look at it, you look at it, you look at it.
Speaker 3: You see your browsing.
Speaker 2: But a lot of the stuff's gone by Friday anyway, because people already bought it right cheap, cheaper Friday.
Speaker 3: But here's the thing, right, like, so I'm looking at buying a sofa bed yeah for the office.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, in case you get kicked out of home.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't have to walk far, I don't need to book.
Speaker 1: Because can you get kicked out a bit?
Speaker 3: So that's why I've gone a really comfy one. Yeah. So that's what are they offering at the moment. Well, that that's thirty percent off. You're telling me it's going to go.
Speaker 4: To telling you that someday, way out on Fridays, some retailers will will make Friday big waits.
Speaker 3: I'm sleeping on concrete, I can say.
Speaker 1: When he gets put in the doghouse and he has to sleep on the floor.
Speaker 3: Yes, don't blame me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's wait. Well, I've been looking so by Lauren at these. It sounds ridiculous, but they're kind of bougie, these salt for Granders, the electric they're actually, oh, Clint, I.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't leave that lying around. People think you should have put that away before guests came to salt upbbins.
Speaker 1: But they're like balls on top of each It's like a pile of tennis balls sort of shape. There's small ones called chubbies.
Speaker 2: Give me a look, a small one called.
Speaker 1: Chubby bubby yep. And then there's medium ones called bobbins, and then they use stran day bobbins. So they're like they're like lacked, like royal, dark, duck duct deep blue.
Speaker 3: Do you use two at the same top if you.
Speaker 1: Want salt and pepper? It does look a bit suggestive? How that you say thatad of like, do you think it's a bit suggestive? It is? You know, if you get excited.
Speaker 2: At dinner time, good for you, you'd go to the grande.
Speaker 1: Well, don't you need a grande pepper and a chubby salt or the middle salt?
Speaker 3: Maybe? What are they worth? Well? Off for black Oh my god, that's how my wife responds to that.
Speaker 2: I got them from Monday.
Speaker 1: So Black Friday is world wide. They're coming from London.
Speaker 3: Oh great, so you'll just pay what nine hundred dollars import tax and then shipping?
Speaker 1: No, well I don't really know how to do pounds, so I didn't. I just didn't worry about it.
Speaker 3: Sort of double.
Speaker 1: No, it was fifty pounds for the smaller.
Speaker 3: One hundred dollars for a salt shaker.
Speaker 1: Is it double?
Speaker 3: It's pretty much double these days.
Speaker 1: And it's got twenty percent off.
Speaker 3: I know that's the thing. You're saving big time.
Speaker 1: So that's pretty good.
Speaker 3: I mean they're practically giving it away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm next day delivery available. That seems a bit rich coming from London. Have I been scammed?
Speaker 3: Well, you need the merchant.
Speaker 1: Do you know where I found this? On Instagram? I got the targeted ad. Oh yeah, And I was going to suggest that that might be a Christmas present from someone, and then I just bought it myself, because that's what happens Black Friday.
Speaker 3: I'm like, well, do you know what I just bought?
Speaker 1: Morejiba It was.
Speaker 3: Fifty percent off. Oh yes, that's Okay, how much was it doesn't matter. It was fifty percent off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're saving money.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: You're welcome.
Speaker 3: It's a high pressures, you know, like a gurney a car.
Speaker 1: Be careful with that.
Speaker 3: It attaches to the wall so permanently like a hose reel.
Speaker 2: So I get what I need to go somewhere else and culture I can't have to be careful.
Speaker 1: We turned the back terrace like the out of the bat. That's in the basket, and where's the young lady from?
Speaker 3: I bought it? What you buy? I bought, I bought active, I bought more.
Speaker 1: What is international? I mean? I bought my salt and pepshakers from London, So he knows what they're doing.
Speaker 3: We're getting your hair, guys. We're taking the shirt of Turkey.
Speaker 1: I'm sure Amazon did have some kind of two pay for you.
Speaker 3: Oh my dad used to have a sunrise and with the hair attached.
Speaker 1: Day you walk in with one of those.
Speaker 3: Give us look at those pepper shakes, old mind some nice it is just gone.
Speaker 1: They're not shakers. The grinders, I love a good grind.
Speaker 3: Coming up later in the week where we are going.
Speaker 1: To be stive grinders.
Speaker 3: A retarle expert too.
Speaker 1: Who is going to tell you like a grande or a chubby, just a little chubby.
Speaker 3: Can I just.
Speaker 1: Are you still here?
Speaker 3: Thousand dollars off in Turkey. We must go, We must go morning, Melbourne. It is just going eleven past nine. That is it, guys. We are getting out of here.
Speaker 1: We are. It's a miserable day out there.
Speaker 3: Great day to abuse the company credit card and.
Speaker 1: Get on the back fidea Black Friday sales. I don't have to any credit card.
Speaker 3: I just have to check to make sure my mIRC this is you're.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jason sleeps forgetting to turn you on today.
Speaker 3: Clear Sorry, I think it's intentional.
Speaker 1: Half your laugh, he hates me. It is groom out there, Melbourne. Please be careful if you're on the roads this morning.
Speaker 3: It's a bit wet and wam yeah, take it easy.
Speaker 1: No, it's muggy, it's weird. This doesn't feel like Melbourne weather. It feels like Sydney.
Speaker 3: Don't say the S word. The K words band says the work.
Speaker 1: It is a bit glam out there. But if you do, I feel like doing something to make yourself feel better. Lady, connect with an old friend today send me a text, say hello and to tell them you're missing them. Today is reconnect for Christmas Day.
Speaker 3: In fact, if you want to join us and reach out. If you have reached out to someone, let us know about it. Thirteen twenty fourteen, give us a ring. We'd love to chat with you on the show tomorrow of how have you.
Speaker 1: Sent a text? Have you made a call? You sent an Instagram den.
Speaker 4: Reach out on the socials as well. Yeah, it's a really special thing to do. We've each done it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I felt it was lovely.
Speaker 1: I felt very cool about beautiful today, by the way, but I feel really good about it now.
Speaker 3: All right, that is it all. We are out.
Speaker 8: Thank you for being.
Speaker 2: Sena is in next you're just talking about the company credit card.
Speaker 3: Why did you bring that up? We're going for an off site meeting with the big boss. Is are we getting them? I think the lunch, well I got I guess.
Speaker 1: I did say in the text to our bosses yesterday. Oh great, Well, I'll be there for the free lunch. Chairback, there's lunch. You can't make us sitting in the venue and just look at each other. We are hungry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I think generally in Australia. All meetings should be caterd Some of the best ideas come with sustenance.
Speaker 1: Yes, no one comes up with a good idea when they're hungry.
Speaker 3: No, you're telling me Bezos invented Amazon without a party. Pie in the room didn't happen. Feed the belly, feed the mind didn't happen.
Speaker 1: As on the phone.
Speaker 3: Have a great day, everyone will Cinema.
Speaker 8: Bye, thank you, Jon Laurens.
Speaker 1: Lauren wake up feeling Good on Nomber one hundred. Lauren on socials,