Speaker 1: Live on Skyn's Australia. This is to Nika de Georgio.
Speaker 2: Hello and welcome to the program coming up tonight. Labour celebrates as Australia escapes.
Speaker 3: An increase in Trump's tariffs. But it's not a win no matter how Labor spins it. I'll get reaction from Liberal MP Andrew Wallace.
Speaker 2: Shortly.
Speaker 3: We're standing by to hear whether the new South Wales Supreme Court will permit the anti Israel march across Sydney's Harbor Bridge this weekend. Plus fairness finally trumps insanity in the debate over women's sport. Yet the Senate doesn't want to talk about the definition of a woman. But first tonight, it's confirmed Australia will escape a tariff higher than ten percent on exports to the United States after Donald Trump handed down his long awaited decision today. Now Labor claims it's been vindicated that its watch and weight approach has worked, when really it's just taken the default tariff that we were always going.
Speaker 2: To get slapped with. Now let me break it down for you.
Speaker 3: Trump has kept Australia at his lowest baseline tariff rate, that's at ten percent. The most hard hit country is Canada, which has seen its tariffs rise from twenty five percent to thirty five percent. The UK will also remade at ten percent, while New Zealand is our subject to fifteen percent tariffs. Now, obviously this is good news for Australia when you do compare it to other countries, and clearly it is testament to the fact that we are long standing allies.
Speaker 2: But we really didn't dodge a bullet today.
Speaker 3: We've had a free trade agreement in place with the US for twenty years, yet we are still being slugged with ten percent baseline tariffs and still and aluminium imports to the US are already subject to a fifty percent tariff. Yet of course hubris has set in and labor is out today patting itself on the back.
Speaker 4: We believe this is a vindication of our call and calm negotiations with our trading partners. At no stage did we introduce tariffs on American goods. America still has a significant advantage in terms of our trading relationship. We export or the Americans export about double to US what we export to them. But we will continue the discussions until we get all of those tariffs removed.
Speaker 3: Cool and calm negotiations more like throw up your hands and hope for the best. We may be in a much better position than other countries, that's clear. But Trump was never going to budge on getting tariffs below that ten percent baseline. It was going to be the minimum default for every country, as announced by the Way House after Donald Trump was inaugurated, including those the US runs a trade surplus with, like Australia. So this isn't a win no matter how Labour spins it. Trade Minister Don Farrell also spoke there of getting that ten percent baseline removed. Well, what does Australia have Seriously, as a bargaining chip. We aren't budging on our defense spending. The US could target pharmaceuticals next, and we aren't budging on the pharmaceutical Benefit scheme. Labor lifted the ban on US beef without any assurances that our biosecurity.
Speaker 2: Standards would not be put at risk.
Speaker 3: In fact, the Senate voted down an inquiry into it put forward by the Nationals yesterday. We folded to the US using this cool and calm diplomacy before the PM can even be bothered to get on a plane and have a meeting with Trump.
Speaker 2: We took the default tariff that was handed to us.
Speaker 3: Being scared to engage with our number one ally does not make this a victory. Yet, it seems today's decision has given a labor a mandate to continue doing just that.
Speaker 4: What we did do was negotiate and use cool and calm diplomacy to prosecute our case that these tariffs were counterproductive. That's the approach we'll now take with the United States.
Speaker 2: Well, look, that's just not going to get us anywhere, is it?
Speaker 3: And what does that mean for a meeting between the Prime Minister and the president.
Speaker 4: The Prime Minister has had two very good discussions with President Trump and I'm sure that at the appropriate time there'll be be further discussions.
Speaker 2: Good, okay, So at the appropriate time there will be a discussion. Now, where have I heard something similar?
Speaker 1: When we have a meeting.
Speaker 4: We'll have a meeting and when it's scheduled that will occur.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Albo, keep going with that call and calm diplomacy. Well, finally, to some common sense, a woman's right to a fair and even sporting match has been restored after World Athletics mandated gender tests for female category eligibility.
Speaker 2: Now, let's just be real.
Speaker 3: This has only happened because men kept competing in the women's leagues. Remember the farce that was the Olympic Games last year when algery and boxer Ammann Khalif, who has male chromosomes and previously failed a gender test, was allowed to compete in the women's competition and went on to win gold. But it seems fairness has finally trumped insanity. Athletes will now be eligible to compete in the female category only if they clear a one off, non invasive gene test. World Athletics President Sebastian Coe said, I'm absolutely committed to doing everything I possibly can to protect and preserve the female category.
Speaker 2: If you don't do that, we know where that leads.
Speaker 3: I don't want my sport to witness what many of us witnessed in boxing or.
Speaker 2: Hallelujah for that.
Speaker 3: But here's Coe's quote that's really got the lefties in a spin. He said, it was always very clear to me and the World Athletics Council that gender cannot trump biology.
Speaker 2: Gee, who would have thought. It's simple.
Speaker 3: If you're a man, go compete in the male competition, where you belong, but Australia is now one of the only countries denying that very simple biological reality. The UK Supreme Court ruled in April that a woman is someone born biologically female. Donald Trump has signed an executive order recognizing only two sexes, male and female, and just this week, trans athletes have been banned from representing the US at the Olympics and Paralympics.
Speaker 2: The founder of Giggle.
Speaker 3: App Salgrov, put it best when I spoke to her on Sharry this week.
Speaker 5: Trans athletes are not banned from the Olympics, Males a band from competing in the woman's category.
Speaker 2: That's it. The men in dresses are.
Speaker 5: Completely welcome to go and compete with the men in shorts.
Speaker 2: It's that simple. And the other issue is our lawmakers still don't know what a woman is now. I happen to know a woman is an adult female.
Speaker 3: Apparently these days, just knowing the answer to that question makes you either a bigot, some sort of incredible genius, or just someone with common sense.
Speaker 2: It depends on who you ask.
Speaker 3: In the Senate yesterday, Labor Block debate on Senators Alex Antik and Matt Canavan's bill to restore biological definitions in the Sex Discrimination Act. Now Julia Gillard amended that Act in twenty thirteen and removed the definitions of sex man and woman, but Labor used its numbers to stop the bill even being read or whatever, there being twenty five eyes and thirty six no's, the matter is resolved in the negative. But it was this from the Minister for Women, Katie Gallagher that was quite extraordinary.
Speaker 6: We do not agree with the Senate being a place where individual harm can be done to young people across this country, and that is what would have happened had we allowed this fiel to proceed in a normal course, and we won't stand for it. Trans children deserve better from this chamber.
Speaker 3: I mean, why is the Minister for Women not concerned about the safety of women and girls whose spaces and sports have been invaded by men who claim to be women. And why is it now harmful to debate our own laws in parliament? I mean, seriously, what is the purpose of having a democratic country if we can't even discuss and debate ideas at all? For what to protect a small percentage of the population. I mean, Australia is gripping onto this woke ideology.
Speaker 2: A man in a dress is not a woman. You don't have to be a genius to know that. All right, let's get into it now. Joining me is Shadow Cabinet Secretary Andrew Wallace. Andrew, good to catch up. Thanks for joining me.
Speaker 3: I want to start with today's ten percent baseline tariff announcement by Donald Trump. Labour says it's been vindicated in its approach to this.
Speaker 2: Is that how you see it?
Speaker 1: Not at all.
Speaker 7: You know, look, we have seen the most tepid response from this government. I have sat back and really tried, didn't haven't even tried to get.
Speaker 1: A meeting with the US President Donald Trump.
Speaker 7: The Prime Minister is now two hundred and seventy days since President Trump has come to office, two hundred and seventy days that the Prime Minister has missed an opportunity to have a meeting with the President to really push forward the best interests of Australians and Australian workers. You know, once again, we've seen a situation where when we're in government, we had Joe Hockey and Arthur Sinnadinas.
Speaker 1: Were able to work together as our ambassador in the US to secure zero tariffs, and yet this government hasn't even tried.
Speaker 7: And here Don Farrell this evening talking about this sort of quiet diplomacy. Well, I mean it has been an extremely tepid response.
Speaker 1: Tepid and timid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, tepid and timid.
Speaker 3: And I said that that's a sort of approach they're going to keep going with.
Speaker 2: Well, good luck. Then you're never going to get a meeting with that sort of a ridiculous approach. Now we've just had some breaking news.
Speaker 1: I don't think they I don't think he wants a meeting.
Speaker 2: No, well I don't think so either as.
Speaker 1: The Prime Minister wants a meeting.
Speaker 3: No, well, clearly, I mean he doesn't want to get upstage like Kiir Istama this week and other leaders that have had a meeting with Donald Trump. But the reality is he's going to have to at some point and this is just not the way to do it. Now, Andrew, we've just had some breaking news in the New South Wales Supreme Court will rule tomorrow morning on whether this Sunday's harbor Bridge pro Palestine protest can go ahead. Look, I don't think it should go ahead regardless. I think you know, spare me this argument about the reconciliation protests or the Pride one that shut down the bridge in the past. The difference is that takes months of planning, yet this group wants to shut it down with only a few days notice. And Andrew, the issue is, who's not to say that they're not going to get out there shouting death to the IDF and the rest of those slogans on one of our national monuments.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 7: Yeah, look, I am absolutely and utterly opposed.
Speaker 1: To this demonstration.
Speaker 7: You know, just put aside for the moment the destruction that it would cause to Sydney Cider's traffic. We've seen demonstrations like this on the streets which have caused a significant amount of upheaval for local communis. But the hate and bile that spews from a lot of these people, there's no place for that in Australia in modern day. And I'm absolutely behind the New South Wales government and the New South Wales Police on this. It should not go ahead. No, you have I hope the court rules accordingly.
Speaker 2: No, I agree, and you're right.
Speaker 3: I mean it's going to shut down the main artery getting people to and from the CBD.
Speaker 2: You know, what about emergency services?
Speaker 3: There's so much to think about, huge impact and aside from the fact that the sort of slogans we can imagine.
Speaker 2: Now look I found.
Speaker 3: This well, I'm surprising and in a shock.
Speaker 2: To no one. The green dream has hit another.
Speaker 3: Hurdle after it was revealed a critical Victorian energy project has had cost blowouts of about three point seven billion dollars. The Australian Energy Market Operator report has revealed the Victoria to New South Wales interconnect A West so this is a series of high voltage power lines has blown out to seven point six billion, but uncertainty over the estimates mean it could saw to eleven point four billion. Andrew seriously, how much longer can this go on?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Look, it just defies belief that the Victorian in fact most of the state governments and importantly the federal government are continuing along with this. It is totally disrespectful of farmers and their property to be effectively, we're seeing large, broad scale destruction of natural habitat. You know what amazes me, Janika is that the greens are nowhere to be seen on this destruction of natural habitat. So farmers can't destroy trees on their property for grazing, but it's okay for transmission lines.
Speaker 1: The greens, they just know where to be seen. They don't talk about it.
Speaker 7: And in the meanwhile, Australian energy retailers are putting their prices up and you and I are the punters. We're paying thirty percent higher in our energy bills now than what we were three years ago. And the likes of Chris Bowen still stand up in Parliament and say renewables are the cheapest form of energy.
Speaker 1: Well, how can they be the cheapest form of energy when our prices have gone up by thirty percent?
Speaker 7: And don't get me started on the Prime Minister's two hundred and seventy five dollars price reductions.
Speaker 3: No, well, I mean Chris Bowen didn't want to answer any questions about that when pressed by the Opposition in question time this week before we let you go Andrew you you're running a marathon?
Speaker 2: Well where are you? What are you doing tonight?
Speaker 7: My marathon days are well and truly over, Danika. The best I've done is a half marathon here a couple of years ago. But no, we've got the Sunshine Case Marathon Festival on this weekend.
Speaker 1: It's fantastic.
Speaker 7: We'll see tens of thousands of runners to doing the forty two k and the half marathon, and there's also some other races of smaller races as well.
Speaker 1: But it's great. I'm a big I love running. I'm a big bo There's nothing like that.
Speaker 7: Run is high you get at the end of a good run, and it's just it's just a beautiful time.
Speaker 1: Of the year to be doing this year on the Sunny Coast.
Speaker 3: No good on you, As I said to you, you are such an advocate for your local community and I can hear there's some very excited kids around you tonight as well. Andrew, good to catch up as always, Thanks so much for joining.
Speaker 2: Me on the show.
Speaker 3: Well, joining me now is Macro Business chief economist Leith van Onslan.
Speaker 2: Leith, thank you for joining me.
Speaker 3: First, I just want to get your reaction as well to today's tariff's decision by Donald Trump. Is it really the vindication that labor claims it is.
Speaker 8: Look, it's certainly good news, and I guess the government can claim credit for not antagonizing the Trump administration administration. You can probably also gain a bit of credit for relaxing by security rules around beef imports, which obviously would have pleased President Trump. But the reality is, Danika, that the lower baseline tariff of.
Speaker 1: Ten percent that's been applied to.
Speaker 8: Australia makes sense because we are one of the few countries that has a very large trade deficit with the United States. We import more than double the amount that we export the United States. You also have a free trade agreement with the US which has been in place for twenty years, so the trade relationship with the US is very heavily.
Speaker 1: Weighted in the americans favor.
Speaker 8: And I think that's why we got the lower ten percent baseline tariff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, I mean it was always going to be the default, as announced by the Trump administration after the president's inauguration.
Speaker 2: Now, look, I want to ask you about this story.
Speaker 3: The Treasurer could introduce a new cash flow tax on Australia's largest companies. The recommendation was made by the Productivity Commission, of course, ahead of Labour's upcoming round table.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: It recommends the corporate tax rate for businesses with revenue under one billion be slashed in twenty percent, while around five hundred companies so major banks, miners and supermarkets would miss out on a cut leath.
Speaker 2: Is this a good move? Do you think?
Speaker 8: Look, I'm a little bit lukewarm the idea. The Protein Commission claims that the move is going to boost private investment, which is at recessory levels and it's part of the reason why Australia's productivity absolutely stinks. But personally, I think there's better ways to boost investment and cheaper as well. So I think first the federal government should offer time limited tax breaks for startup businesses. And the reason why startups is that they're more likely to employ staff than existing businesses, which already have the staff they need. They're more likely to innovate because they're typically looking to introduce new products and services or provide older ones in new ways, so they are very innovative. And also there's way fewer startup businesses than there are existing businesses, so it'd be very cheap. And of course, because it'd be time limited to startups and startups don't stay startups forever, it's also a way of containing the cost. And I think the government also needs to provide direct tax breaks for new investments only, so this would boost business investment directly by encouraging said business investment, and that's better than blanket corporate tax cuts because corporate the blanket tax cuts for everyone, or at least for businesses blow one billion basically rewards existing businesses for past investment, not new investment. And the government needs to stimulate new investment and it needs to do it the lowest cost way.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, I just said we've got this productivity round table coming up. Let's see what sort of taxes are on the table. And I'm sure that the Treasurer already knows what could be coming up, so stay tuned.
Speaker 2: Now let's talk immigration Leith.
Speaker 3: We've just witnessed the highest net arrival number on record in May, and now there's more proof that high immigration is harming productivity. Now, obviously productivity is a disaster in this country. But what's the link with Labour's Big Australia policy.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so I just mentioned that that business investments at processionary levels. But the flip side of that is the main reason that Australias productivities collapse is that we've grown the population aggressively eight point seven million this century through immigration, at the same time as we have not grown business investment, structure of housing anywhere near to keep up and as a result, the capital labor ratio has fallen significantly and what that's led to is so called capital shelling. So basically we've got less tools, less equipment per worker, and that means we've got less productivity growth. And we've also driven up housing and congestion costs through just traffic, congestion, those sorts of things, and they're harmful for productivity. So with Australia's population projected to grow by thirteen and a half million people in the next forty years officially Taneka that's another Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane, it basically means that Australia's population productivity is going to stink unless we can keep up with business investment with infrastructure and housing, which seems very unlikely. We basically need to replicate another Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane in forty years. So one of the ways to actually improve productivity is to slow the population growth so that business, housing, infrastructure investment can.
Speaker 3: Keep up well while we keep keeping the door open. I mean, we're just not heading in a good direction. But it seems to be Labour's big policy.
Speaker 2: Leak before we let you go.
Speaker 3: Inflation of course, as f Allan, based on the new results this week, can we expect a rate cut? Do you think when the board meets next Absolutely?
Speaker 1: Lock it in.
Speaker 8: So the RBO is waiting on two key pieces of data and that was basically the Q two CPI which you got this week and the tune labor force which we've got a few weeks back. Both of those were very benign for inflation. So I think a rate cut is virtually guaranteed.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, I'm sure mortgage holders were very pleased with that. Leif van Onsen, good to see you, Thanks very much for joining me on the show this evening. We're coming up after the break my panel, we'll discuss our relationship with the United States. More than twenty world leaders have met with Donald Trump. Wait till you hear which countries have while Albo, of course remains out in the cold.
Speaker 2: That's next. Welcome back, Johnny me now is Skinnies contributor Tina McQueen and New South Wales Independent MP Tanya mahalo Kai. Both of you. Good to see you. Thank you for joining me.
Speaker 3: Now we've been speaking about Donald Trump and would you believe it, more than twenty world leaders have met with the US President since his inauguration in January, but of course Anthony Albineasy.
Speaker 2: Is not one of them.
Speaker 3: The Daily Telegraph has gone back into the archives to find that that includes the West African nations of Senegal and Liberia, plus Gabon and Guinea Bissou, both with a population of just two million people.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's really been that easy. Have a look sitting across the table at the White House Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Etaniahu Bitjanana to have the Prime Minister of.
Speaker 6: Italy with US President Trump meeting this morning with UK Prime Minister Keir Starmery.
Speaker 1: Because you're a no position to dictate that.
Speaker 8: You're in no position to dictate what we're going to feel.
Speaker 3: It was a meeting that had all the potential hallmarks of another White House bust up.
Speaker 9: Donald Trump and Canada's new Prime Minister Mark Carney.
Speaker 10: For the third time in just over a week, the White House opened its doors to another world leader, this time India's Narendro Moody.
Speaker 2: Oh dear, no, but not Anthony Arberaneze. But you've even met with Donald Trump, Tina, you could be a world leader at this point. A few times. Yeah, but you know, but Albo Nope, still know. But these small countries in West Africa, West Africa nations rather no problems.
Speaker 11: I think at this point Albo's scared to meet with him. I mean he's seen the president demolish some of some of those leaders. I mean remember his meeting with Zelenski and others. So yeah, it's just unbelievable. I mean you look at that and you cannot believe that Australia, we're supposed to have this close relationship with America, which we have had for a number of years, that's.
Speaker 2: Been blown up. I mean it's quite it wasn't so laughable. It's sad. Well, it is sad, and it's also a concern. They're meant to be a number one ally.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're taking this wait and see approach, even with tariffs, despite the decision today. But now, Tanya, you've got the Prime Minister banking on a series of upcoming world meetings and summits and the hope that he might get five minutes on the sidelines.
Speaker 2: Well, I think we should actually be given it.
Speaker 9: That as what only ten percent for Australia, maybe we should actually be grateful that Alberanesi hasn't much. Probably maybe it would have been far worse the outcome if he did indeed meet with Trump. I think there's enormous pressure now on alban Easy because it's not just the outcome of the tariffs. We know the steel and aluminium ministries at fifty percent. Okay, let's beare a thought for the three hundred and seventy seven million dollar industry that really does need Albanesi to step up and actually meet with Trump and we'll have generally business confidence impact as a result of this. And in due course you've got to expect that more and more businesses and investors will think again about Australia because it doesn't have a closer relationship with the US.
Speaker 2: Yes or no.
Speaker 9: I think you've got Don Farrell coming out today, say you're going to continue negotiations.
Speaker 2: Who's listening to Don Farrell today?
Speaker 11: Farrell would go down like a tomato in America.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine him at the White House.
Speaker 11: I'm maison just and they're in disbelief and we've only got that ten percent tariff because we're taking the beef. You know, maybe no mistake of bee exactly this do nothing diplomacy is working for Albanez.
Speaker 9: Because the yeah, is it working for Australia though, Tina, No, and exactly, it's definitely not working.
Speaker 2: No, clearly it's not. Now.
Speaker 3: Look, it's been revealed Australian's forked out more than one hundred and fifty one million dollars in June alone to visit the GP.
Speaker 2: But hang on, remember this, this little green and gold card.
Speaker 4: This thing here your Medicare card. As this little green and gold piece of plastic.
Speaker 10: This your Medicare card, Medicare card.
Speaker 2: Look, it's an absolute nightmare, Tina.
Speaker 3: He waves that thing about as if it's the best friend that he's ever had. He is gripping onto it tightly. He was elected on a bulk billing mandate. Yet we've paid about two billion dollars out of pocket to see the doctor in the past two years.
Speaker 11: Time I go to the doctor, I've had a few issues, so I've been frequently lately. It's cost me ninety bucks. And in a room for patients, I remind them the Prime Minister promised me it would cost nothing. Here's my Medicare card.
Speaker 2: It doesn't work at the doctors. I can tell you.
Speaker 11: I think I get forty or forty five dollars back, but it's not the point. This is ridiculous and Labour has used this medi scare campaign a number of elections now and Liberals are so stupid they never counteracted.
Speaker 2: It's ridiculous. I don't think they're not going to have.
Speaker 11: By twenty It was twenty thirty, twenty thirty.
Speaker 2: Five, where you pay nothing. That's not going to happen. It was always be a long term goal and it's clearly not working. Doctors are against it. The doctors are against it.
Speaker 3: They're not going down the way of bulk billing that the majority of doctors are not. And it's impossible tenure to find a bulk billing clinic anywhere, and when you do find the rare ones, particularly here in Sydney, you've got away in a waiting room with hundreds of other people.
Speaker 9: Why would you expect a doctor to do that, given they've studied something like ten years.
Speaker 2: Or twelve years to be a doctor in the first place. The idea that they would accept what forty.
Speaker 9: Two dollars for a twenty minus minute session, I mean you're paying more for a head and neck and shoulder massage, Okay, I mean, you know, I think that you can completely understand why doctors expect to be charged more. But it is a terrible firthy and this article has raised a terrific issue because it should be exposed that Australians are indeed paying for health. This idea that we're not paying is a total furthy. It's a lie. Australians will hoodwink to believe that if you just have a Medicare card that their health service is free.
Speaker 2: It's not true.
Speaker 9: You want quality healthcare in Australia, you have to have a credit card.
Speaker 2: You've got to pay. That's the thing.
Speaker 3: You can wave that thing about. It was waving it about in question time or a week this week as well waved They all wave it around. They're obsessed with their Medicare cards. Now look, moves to a mortalized form of Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews in Bronze could be in doubt, with the controversial honor to be debated in Parliament. A petition opposing the statue was this week tabled with over twelve six hundred signatures calling for the State Labor government to abandon it. So look, we thought this would be a great opy wouldn't it to roll out Dad's greatest hands have exercise.
Speaker 12: Is just that it's not an opportunity for seven families to catch up in the park. There will be no removal of masks to consume alcohol outdoors. Whole bunch of people down the right back beach last night who thought the best thing to do is to go and watch the sunset. I'm sure it was a beautiful sunset, but that's not in the spirit or in the letter of these rules.
Speaker 2: It sends shivers up to Fine all these years later, doesn't it. Seriously? But look, hey good, it's going up for debate.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: Hopefully common sense.
Speaker 11: Will overdeering that he's going to be debated. But this poor guy, I mean, he's not the most attractive person on the planet in real life. I hate the bloody statue of so hopefully that will be hit on the head and you know, sanity prevailed once the costs and everything are revealed in parliament.
Speaker 2: Absolute. I'd love to know how much this, this, this bronze statue is going to cost of a.
Speaker 9: Former gay Yeah, well a Stalin style bronze.
Speaker 2: Yeah, actually in the middle of town.
Speaker 9: Well, actually, he wanted people to stay indoors, So maybe the statue could stay indoors about how that would be a criteria for this particular statue. You think he shows some humility and actually say no, I taught himself to mortalize himself.
Speaker 2: Past the ego and the big leaders come on. You know they're never going to they want this, They never want they do want this. They want the embarrassed.
Speaker 9: You think he'd be embarrassed, Well, it is his fault.
Speaker 11: True three thousand days true.
Speaker 2: Exactly comes back to like you, yeah, that's see exactly.
Speaker 3: Now, look, I've got to ask a question, what on earth is going on with gen Z job hunters. This oversharing cohort is asking what is appropriate to share with a prospective employer in a job interview.
Speaker 2: Including have a listen to this.
Speaker 3: Should you tell a prospective employer you have ADHD in an interview? Is it okay to share in an interview that you have anxiety?
Speaker 2: What about talking about your recent breakups? Would that be appropriate? I mean to look, seriously, it actually really annoys me.
Speaker 3: They just have no concept of the real world whatsoever.
Speaker 2: Seriously, do they want to get hired or not?
Speaker 11: And one makes them think they're going to get the job. If they're going to say, oh, I'm anxious and I've just wake up with my boyfriend, I think like it's not going to happen. Sopize BB strong and pretentious credentials without all these other flu.
Speaker 2: I'm actually embarrassed to hear that.
Speaker 9: But I mean you think that, you know, the whole point of your CV and your job interview is to talk about your skills, your achievements, and what has.
Speaker 2: Happened today's generation.
Speaker 9: To think that you can put a pile of your.
Speaker 2: Problems on Oh, it's embarrassing. It is embarrassing. Look, do they want the job or not?
Speaker 9: That's a real question in the I don't think so.
Speaker 3: Literally, if you were, if you're a boss, you would not hire these people, and for good reason, because they're going to end up being absolute shopping employees. You just would not want them on you pay off problems and future problems. Yeah, I feel like that they'd be the type that would claim workers compensation outf it's on your very basic.
Speaker 11: Lent me the wrong way. I'm crying at work exactly.
Speaker 2: Oh look, honestly, it's ridiculous. What is going on? Anyways?
Speaker 3: Good to see you both at Tina McQueen tamy Ma Alex thank you very much for joining me on the show.
Speaker 2: We'll see you again next week. We'll stay with us coming up.
Speaker 3: For Across to the UK and check out the list of the top baby names. There's a couple of surprises. More on that next.
Speaker 2: When back Well.
Speaker 3: I spoke earlier in the show about World Athletics mandating gender tests for female category eligibility and as I said, this has only happened because men keep competing in the women's leagues, so it's about time that they competed in male only competition where they belong. Joining me now is Women's Forum Australia CEO Rachel Wong.
Speaker 2: Rachel, good to see you.
Speaker 3: Look finally we're seeing sporting bodies make some crucial changes.
Speaker 13: Good evening, Danica, Well, this is fantastic news. And we know that World Athletics already had protections of female sport, but this latest GENIS requirement has made those protections much stronger and protective of female athletes, and we're seeing this all.
Speaker 2: Around the world.
Speaker 13: For the last few years, we've been seeing international sporting bodies like swimming, rugby, netball and so on putting protections in place to protect the female sporting category, and we're seeing at the national level as well, not in Australia, but in countries like the UK, like the US and like New Zealand.
Speaker 2: So great news for women and girls.
Speaker 3: Look, I agree, and I found it interesting because the Athletics president Sebastian Coe, he said that gender cannot trump biology. I mean, who would have thought, Yeah, why is it still so hard for woke governments, including our own here in Australia to understand this basic biological fact.
Speaker 13: Look, I think Australia is fast becoming an outlier on this issue, and there is no sensible explanation for why other than that they are entirely captured by gender ideology and maybe that they're fearful as well. But it's absolutely critical that the Australian government acts on this. I've spoken to elite sporting bodies who want to change theirs, but because of our tenures, discrimination laws and activist guidelines, they're scared to do that. And that's not good enough. The Australian government needs to do what the US has done, which is to mandate that there are single sis sports for women and girls. Otherwise, you know, the takeaway funding like, for example, what Trump has done. Otherwise, women's sport is going to continue to be eroded in this country.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's just it's already at that level right now.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: Look, you mentioned the Sex Discrimination Act in the Senate yesterday Labor blocked debate to restore biological definitions in that Act. And the most bizarre thing about this is that the Minister for Women, Katie Gallaher, said that the Government would not allow the Senate to become a forum which could enable harm.
Speaker 2: Have a listen.
Speaker 6: We do not agree with the Senate being a place where individual harm can be done to young people across this country and that is what would have happened had we allowed this fiel to proceed in the normal course, and we won't stand for it. Trans children deserve better from this chamber.
Speaker 3: Rachel, the Minister for Women doesn't at all seem worried about the safety of women.
Speaker 2: Look, Danika, it is bad enough that Labor and the Greens.
Speaker 13: Blocked the spill, but the fact that Australia's Minister for Women labeled as harmful a bill which would have restored women's sex base rights across Australia, which is so desperately needed. Is absolutely disgraceful. And how has she not given a second thought to the harm being done to women and girls who are being forced to share spaces and sports with men who clan to me women, Labor and the Greens love to share platitudes when it comes to talking about things like ending violence against women, but when it comes to, you know, ensuring that, for example, a domestic violence center or a rape shelter is free from men who clan to me women, they look the other way. Yeah, and I just also don't understand why it's now so harmful to apparently debate our own laws in parliament.
Speaker 3: I mean, where are we heading? Rachel Wong, It's nice to see you. Thank you so much for coming on the show this evening. Appreciate thank you well. The name Yaya saw a larger increase in baby name popularity than any other male name in the top one hundred in Britain last year.
Speaker 2: Now, why is this a problem?
Speaker 3: Well, the name is shared by the former leader of Hamas, Yaya Sinhwa, who.
Speaker 2: Was killed by Israeli forces.
Speaker 3: Meanwhile, Muhammad is now the number one baby boy's name in the UK for a second year running.
Speaker 2: Same though can't be said for Kia.
Speaker 3: There were no babies called that name shared by the dad of a Prime minister, Kiir Stama. And look, probably for good reason joining me now for more on this is reform. UK Counselor Darren Grives. Darren, it's always lovely to see you. Thank you for joining me. So we've got Yaya and Muhammad. What does that say about the cultural shift happening in the UK right now?
Speaker 10: Well, great to be with you, Danika. Look, I think the baby named charts they actually scream louder than one of those children you find in a supermarket throwing a tantrum. You know, it's absurd that we've got ourselves in a position where the likes of harmss are being linked to names in this country. These names are climbing out there faster than a sort of kangaroo on a trampoline. You've got Muhammad. It's been locked in actually for a number of years now, and I think what it suggests is that actually there is a demographic explosion in the country. Now people should be free to call their children whatever they want, but it's indicative of the fact that actually the population that haven't more recently arrived simply aren't having children, and certain communities absolutely are. And the fact of the matter is, if you were to look and analyze every name that's coming over the English Channel in record numbers, I imagine that that name wouldn't be too far away from the top of that list either of Danika.
Speaker 2: I think you probably are on the money there, Darren.
Speaker 3: I just find it fast I to say that the cultural shift that's particularly happening in Britain at the moment. Now, look, let's talk about keep Starmer's pledge to recognize Palestine. Of course basically rewarding Hamas, but it could actually be breaking the law. According to some of Britain's most prominent lawyers, forty members of the House of Lords say would not meet the criteria for recognition as set out under a nineteen thirty three treaty.
Speaker 2: Darren, So it might be illegal as well as immoral.
Speaker 10: Oh absolutely, I mean this is a if this is a cultural shift of the UK government actually making clear that Britain stands side by side with Hamas. I'm not sure I want to be part of it. I don't know about millions of other Brits, but you nailed it. There this pledge. It isn't just to recognize Palestine, it isn't just immoral. We've got top lawyers in this country actually saying, look, you cannot do this. Then that this is a legal brain that actually come up with the Rwanda scheme that was supposed to enable us to send and process migrant applications offshore. So ultimately, I think what we're doing here, And I was in Israel a month before October seventh, right, and I cannot imagine the horror and the post traumatic stress disorder that that nation still is going through to this day. Still there are hostages in Gasa who are not free, not released by those terrorists. So morally, it's an absolute disgrace because I can't imagine Danika, We're Scotland to suddenly adopt its own hamss that actually, if they came into the United Kingdom, kidnapped, hundreds, killed, one two hundred people, that Sekir Starmer and the UK Prime Minister would be patting themselves on the back to acknowledge this rogue state that had been created under the banner of an evil Islamist death cult. I find the whole thing frankly sickening and we in this country ought to be a shining example of better. We are pandering to the worst excesses of I think the new culture that is pervasive within the United Kingdom.
Speaker 2: And you know what I found extraordinary, Darren.
Speaker 3: When Kirs Starma made his announcement that he would, you know, we threatened to recognize a Palestinian state later this year, he said, well, it's about working towards a two state solution.
Speaker 2: Well, Hamas doesn't want a two state solution.
Speaker 3: And this is what I think the world leaders don't understand where they're making these pleasures, Darren, is that Hamas doesn't want.
Speaker 10: Peace absolutely right, you know, standing up at the United Nations, making yourself look nice around the dining tables of all these globalist leaders whilst waffling on, as you say about a two state solution, it's just him groveling to Hamas and the frankly, I'll be honest here to pro Hamas sympathize and MPs within his own party while actually betraying one of our closest allies. It's both illegal, it's both immoral, and if this is Starmer's foreign policy some in itself up, really then we need to actually be in this government. We need to stand with democracies, not terrorists. And actually, I think the fact that we haven't to see that Danika tells you everything we need to know about the state of the United Kingdom today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the state of the West.
Speaker 3: I mean, our prime ministers exactly the same as yours over there, Darren. Now look, Darren, fascinating what's going on with you and your counsel Durham County.
Speaker 2: You have officially scrapped diversity training for counselors. So what a shame you've been missing out on such a fundamental activity. But look good on you tell us about this decision.
Speaker 10: Oh well, Denika, you know I'm absolutely distraught. I'm distraught to have been missing these classes telling me that because I was born a white man and the grandson of a minor and more working class than certainly the Prime Minister and his lot, that actually I am guilty of some form of unconscious by Deneka, I don't know how I'll be able to operate in the world without that train. And no, look, there is no law force and counselors to sit through hours of tripe about racist notions such as unconscious bias.
Speaker 2: It's called for you are.
Speaker 10: You're a bigot and you don't know it.
Speaker 1: You need to be educated on it.
Speaker 10: It's devices clapped app it's slicing people up by race or background or immutable characteristics. And we here in the Northeast, we here in the Reform Party, are saying, well, equality means treating everyone the same full stop. Do you remember that, Deaneka. It wasn't all that long ago that we all recognized that laudable aim and objective. I want to fix the roads, I want to cut taxes, I want to backwork and class people. I don't want to actually winge on about under and progress in the form of a new neo racism. So to be perfectly honest with you, Deaneka, I will have no misgivens about ditching the war and buck in the fulks. That's what I'm here for.
Speaker 2: Darren. Can you come to Australia please and start injecting some of that common sense into our work council. Seriously, I mean, good on you, well done, and yet not surprised you're taking a stand on this. Good to hear, Darren Grimes.
Speaker 3: Lovely to see you as always, Thank you so much for joining me on the show this evening. Well back in a moment with the winners and losers of the week, including our Ossie swimmers dominating the World Championships, plus the ABC picks a fight with Blueye that's next.
Speaker 2: Welcome back.
Speaker 3: It is that time of the week where we sought the winners from the losers. And helping me to do that, as always is PROBMC Sween from verth Communicator.
Speaker 2: See here we go for another week.
Speaker 3: Gosh quick, Now your winner this week are our Aussie swimmers. The World Championships are underway in Singapore and Molly O'Callahan has equalled.
Speaker 2: Ian Thorpe's record of eleven gold medals. Have a look at this.
Speaker 14: Molly normally is unbeatable in this situation. Richie's racing Katie and she's going to take it right down to the finish. But Molly might have a big enough Marget, Molly I is getting tired, but the margin's too big. It's more glorious God for Ausonia's girls.
Speaker 2: How good's that? It's fabulous?
Speaker 15: And of course Callie mckinn as well, who was astounding with the dislocated shoulder four weeks beforehand winning gold. Look all, I just want to say about that is isn't it a great example? These kids are what twenty four? Yeah, you know, dedication. The sport is so important. All I say to parents, if you're having trouble with your kids, get them into sport. The discipline, the fact that it's so healthy for them, the team, you know, teamwork that's required.
Speaker 2: I just think that's a really positive message for all of us. I agree, good on them. Look, we've always done well in the pool, haven't we.
Speaker 3: But yay, it's really really good to see these young young women excelling. Now look my winner of the week pro I've actually given it to youth offenders in Victoria. And the reason is is because they're getting off of got free. Our Victorian parents are actually being told to find their kids machetes. So find these you know knives and throw in.
Speaker 2: A special bin.
Speaker 3: Would you believe it's been pushed by one of the state's top cops, Bret Curran, who's also conceded that the weapons weren't going to simply disappear and that criminals would actually find new weapons.
Speaker 2: Who would have thought? So, Look, pro, he're a you know, knife wielding team. Hey, mom and dad, you know I've got a machete. It might be a meat along it's sitting under me bed, But do us a favor.
Speaker 3: Would you go pick it up and drop it in a special sil you know, not get myself in trouble.
Speaker 2: So well done to youth crimes.
Speaker 15: What a shame They don't have disposal bins for politicians, so we could just.
Speaker 2: Go and use them.
Speaker 15: Wouldn't that be fabulous? You look at these people, and the problem is it's who's wielding the knives and why, And a lot of it is because of our immigration program where we have people coming in from countries where it's a national sport to have I mean, like machetes, like the accessory dazure, and you know, they're just not assimilated, probably hit properly here. So I just think, well, you know, it's not a laughing matter in terms of what they're doing, but clearly they've lost their way, their misfits in our society. They don't have our values or respectful of Some.
Speaker 3: Don't have our some don't have our mouty, some don't want to assimilate it where.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about the cons it at all. But you know, in this case, in this case, you know, I mean, how pathetic. Go here's a machete and there's a bin. You know, it's just it's just ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Seriously, Now look, your loser of the week is the UN's climate chief who's been out here lecturing.
Speaker 9: Us it is with mega drafts, make it fresh fruits and vege for one treat.
Speaker 2: Oh, please get a grip. Seriously, go home to your country, go go away.
Speaker 15: Please, yet another UN doomsday climate alarmist. And this is what really annoys me. What the hell is the UN's charter anymore? Because they just fly around the world emission's going crazy, come and lecture us, telling.
Speaker 2: Us what we should be doing.
Speaker 15: You know, now every vegan's in a fetal position worrying about their fruit and bitch because it's not going to be around for much longer. There's mega drought. I mean, it is just absurdity and defensive. And I just feel like this climate alarmism with the UN, all of these international bodies, who that International.
Speaker 2: Court of Justice?
Speaker 15: How dare they and how dumb are we to be paying them money and allowing them to dictate to us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well they're so woke.
Speaker 3: But also you've got to laugh when a guy like this makes Chris Bowen look meek and mild.
Speaker 2: I mean, Bowen's he's back.
Speaker 1: Heah.
Speaker 2: The fact that he makes Bowen look meek and mild speaks absolutely volumes. But you're right, you know, lecturing us we had to up our missions. Hello, we can't even reach our mission, Zach colliots as it is, as if we're going to be able to up them. I mean, look, please, it's ridiculous. Now.
Speaker 3: I had to give my loser this week pro to the ABC after it removed a Bunnings inspired episode of popular kids show blue from its streaming service because it can't take part in commercial partnerships. Now, look, bear with me, prou while I try and explain why this is sobers are. Firstly, the ABC handed over merchandising rights for Bluey to Britain's BBC. The ABC has already bungled its rights to commercialize Bluey through merchandise, with the Queensland based program now generating more than a billion dollars a year for the BBC and g The ABC could be actually funded entirely by Bluey instead of the taxpayer if they didn't mess that up, which makes this decision to remove the season two episode called Hammerbarn. Even more odd now, Bunnings has partnered with the BBC to sell Bluey merchandise and will even be rebranding itself as the fictional Hammer Barn in a marketing stunt. But the ABC says it's gone too far and it cannot align with a commercial brand or partnership, so pro this Hammerbarn episode. It's still available to stream on Disney Plus in the US and the UK, but Ossie's will not be able to find it on iView today. You've just got to wonder what on earth decisions is the ABC undertaking right now.
Speaker 15: Well, they're moronic, as we know. And when you think about the fact that most other networks, commercial networks in particular, would think this is pure gold. They're delivering a huge audience to me. Wouldn't you normally think whack, this is fabulous. This is the same organization that had doctored footage and gunfire you know that was all fake put in. I mean, they put themselves above everybody else or no too commercial, and yet they're doing things like that. They have very little integrity, their partisan as we know, and I just feel like, you know, this is insulting insulting to everybody in Australia because really it's a lovely idea and wouldn't we want to be encouraging young kids to have you enjoy gardening, to be thinking about all these things that are positive role model.
Speaker 2: I mean Bunnings is a local emblem of Australia. I mean, honestly, don't understand this decision.
Speaker 3: To understand these decisions prove good to see you. Thank you for having book weekend, appreciate it. Thanks for your company. I'll be back at seven pm for Deneka and James on Sunday. Steve Price is next.
Speaker 2: Good night,