Speaker 1: Los.
Speaker 2: You missed out on this. We we had to record this one yesterday after the show. You had to run off to an event.
Speaker 3: I did an international women's tomorrow.
Speaker 1: I reckon you would have loved this guy.
Speaker 2: However, I think you're going to be shocked by something he reveals at the end of the chat.
Speaker 4: Our next guest is a forward for North Melbourne, affectionately known as Chom.
Speaker 1: He doesn't just perform on the field, he.
Speaker 5: Also hosts his own podcast two hundred plus Comment.
Speaker 1: Cleanse right foot of the show, Charlie comment and he joins us. Now, Charlie, welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: Thanks that me. Dave shes a big fellow, isn't he.
Speaker 1: Mate?
Speaker 3: That's six six a half So it's.
Speaker 2: A lot of man, if you would have to come by world when you were two, you would have been high enough for all the rights.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got passed, got past it three.
Speaker 4: He's like the Pettija was a big Pennies guy.
Speaker 3: So the mighty Kangaroos there on the way up. Well we like to think.
Speaker 4: So anyway, how's the preseason been. It's looked really really good for us. We've we've seen a lot of improvement internally. We just played our first two practice matches in the last two weeks, and we did lose both of those games. But it's not alarmed belts for us. We've got some really encouraging signs out of those games. On the weekend, we just didn't finish our work against West Coast Eagles. They capitalized and they kicked goals or as we kicked a lot of points, but I feel we really dominated that game. So really good signs coming into the season. It's going to be really exciting what we can do against Western Bulldogs in round one.
Speaker 2: We spoke to a young fellaw who's the number two draftee. You know Solivan last year on the show.
Speaker 4: Yeah great lad, Yeah good Vala Yeah, big mumbler, mumbler he said he did.
Speaker 1: He was a bit mumbler.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a little bit, but then again that's us, so we didn't want to pull him up on it.
Speaker 1: Speak.
Speaker 4: How's he fitting in. He's going really really well. He's probably the one that's caught my the most this preseason. He looks like he'll play Round one. He's been playing a lot of time on the wing and he come down back and shot us up in defense on the weekend against the West Coast and mate, he's a star. I can mark, he's evasive, you can kick really well and he's a good lad too. Loves a bit of a gag and what.
Speaker 1: A moment for him playing one. Do you remember your like?
Speaker 3: Yeah, mine was different.
Speaker 4: I played my first game was twenty twenty one and we've just gone back into one of those little COVID lockdowns.
Speaker 1: So I had, yeah, the cardboard cutout to this guy.
Speaker 4: No crowd, there was just a big, big tarps over all the seats and have my family there, so we did a little zoom call before the game of my family. But yeah, really surreal, but a weird, weird debut.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: Are you scared of Clark Yeah a little bit.
Speaker 5: He's just Alistair Clarkson Jason right, just a fantastic footballer, an amazing premiership winning coach. But jeez, just puts the fear of God into me. As an he went away in the players.
Speaker 3: What's he like?
Speaker 4: He's brilliant I say that in Jazz Star. He's always up for a gag, he's always up for a joke and he's a really really caring guy strategically, just just brilliant he's got some really weird characteristics that come out out during the meetings and whatnot.
Speaker 3: He's got little nicknames for all this.
Speaker 4: My nickname is chomp so I get chim as a charm as a joint of my first and last name. But he calls me Chompers, and I think for three yeah, I think three years has been getting it wrong. But he's got some weird other ones. He called Tom Power Milky Camp's house spider, and they're all He's the only person that calls these people by those from him.
Speaker 3: I have. Yeah.
Speaker 4: At one point it was West Coast last year and I didn't defend very well and got a pretty good spray up the game. I think I was first came off the range.
Speaker 3: Look school coaches.
Speaker 1: Now, Charlie, you also do a podcast in your spare time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, good fun.
Speaker 1: Give give it a plug.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'd love to.
Speaker 4: Two hundred plus So it's a clubby sports podcast to do it with Nick Butler and Sam Draper. It's it's footy angled, but it's more conversationalists. We talk a lot of a lot of crack.
Speaker 3: More or less.
Speaker 1: I believe Clin got to run.
Speaker 4: Clint did get on that at one point. Only good things, Only good things, Clint, because.
Speaker 1: You made the cheap seats as well. You just keep popping up.
Speaker 4: It's dick that Clint's a better journalists than him. So I don't think Nick's broke a story in the last two years.
Speaker 1: He sent me some questions.
Speaker 3: Charlie, here we go.
Speaker 1: All right, you got a new girlfriend?
Speaker 3: I do it at the moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, at the moment, terrific.
Speaker 3: No, we've been we've been together for eight weeks.
Speaker 1: Well she's afreshy.
Speaker 4: Well know, she's an old flame. Oh reheating old soup. Yeah, mate, loves love. You can't shake today. How long did you break up?
Speaker 1: What's what's?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 4: We spent about two years apart, But yeah, I was eighteen as well, So we're now twenty three.
Speaker 2: But I went through my quarter life crossing twenty three. I broke up with a year and then we got back together and now we're married with three.
Speaker 4: Kids, two years earlier than twenty five. So is it time to debut her on the grid? I've been copying some sticks to this as well. I haven't posted a photo of her yet. I just don't have a good photo to post yet. We need to were probably her us together all right?
Speaker 2: And the other question, Hey, hang on, hang on hanging before we move on Clinton, why don't we give you the airtime to do a special shout out to Oh, I love you.
Speaker 3: That'd be lovely.
Speaker 1: Actually, it's what she wants.
Speaker 3: And what here we go? This is to Live.
Speaker 4: I'm going to get around to that Instagram photo Live and yeah, it would beautiful.
Speaker 3: It'd beautiful work for us.
Speaker 4: We'll get likes, we'll get comments, and I just can't wait to post it. So shout out to Live if you're listening. What do you love about it? Shout out to love her hair, eyes, beautiful personality.
Speaker 3: What's her hair like? Brine out, nice brown, long, straight?
Speaker 1: You are a keeper? Okay?
Speaker 3: And true or false? Are you the youngest player in Kangaroo's history?
Speaker 1: You have a car deal?
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 4: I've got one with mazde give them a plug to sale Mazda. So shout out to Jason.
Speaker 1: Shouting out to Jason at mad.
Speaker 4: Jason, honestly love you, mo all to live. Yeah, very good people down there, they do good deals.
Speaker 5: And what's your message to those Kangaroo supporters and supporters that aren't get members?
Speaker 3: Get on board? We'd love to get some more members on board.
Speaker 4: Well it's for the last few years it's been stick with us, but now I think it's get excited for what's to come. Young Core and that young cause is going to keep growing and growing together. So really get excited, jump on board and hopefully you see everyone down at around two for our first home game against Melbourne.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and if you don't, Alistair Clarkson will give you.
Speaker 2: A rocket taken on the d Sunday, March twenty three, and you can grab your memberships are on sale now membership dot NMFC, dot com dot au. We've got a couple to give away plus merch packs this morning, So thirteen twenty four to ten to score them a Charlie, good luck for the year, head mates, es and thanks Jase.
Speaker 4: Jason Lauren wake up feeling good.
Speaker 3: I know one hundred Jason Lauren. Finally then I'm socials s