Speaker 1: Hello, super coaches, it is time for some mid range madness. Everyone thinks about the keepers and the cheapies, and we've talked about them a lot on this podcast, but the mid ranges there are some seriously good options on off of this year, We've got some seriously good a seriously good lineup here as well, with the super Gas Whisperer here for his podcasting debut.
Speaker 2: How's your team shaping up?
Speaker 3: Good Man?
Speaker 4: Good, very very fortunate to not open the app for a couple of days, which is our first for me, it's normally every couple hours, so it's going to be settled for maybe until teamless tonight.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I cannot get into that app.
Speaker 1: I just have to avoid it as much as possible otherwise it to do my head in jet. Good to have you back, mate. How are your tips for Partners dot Com on the weekend?
Speaker 5: Good mate, tip to winner on Friday night eleven dollars. Didn't tip one the rest of the weekend. But it's all good. There's racing every day, so fine, you.
Speaker 1: Can make it up mid range madness, as I said, But to start off, we're going to hit you with our hot take our part of the year from the mid range price bracket.
Speaker 2: Who are you.
Speaker 4: Thinking Tiger's Voyd, No surprise, Alex Safer four hundred and thirty five k He's he's a big one. Two point five percent ownerships are quite low average forty four last year.
Speaker 3: But he did play four games on an edge.
Speaker 4: Over sixty minutes where Tommy average sixty nine point three in those four games base of forty nine and a half as well.
Speaker 3: So good floor average thirty eight.
Speaker 4: Tackles a game outside of Lockie Galvin, which I think is oppositive. People are going to about Luai, but you expect more defensive pressure to be going to Lewis side, which could open up a spot for Safar.
Speaker 2: Very good. I don't mind that at all. And your sneaky pod comes in at what zero zero?
Speaker 6: Now do you there?
Speaker 5: Two and a half zero per cent ownership from the Warriors Ali Leott Tower, He's just like it.
Speaker 6: He's a big, powerful outside back.
Speaker 5: He debuted against Penrith at Magic Ground last year when the Warriors got the win, scored a try pints out sixty five. Two other big scores that year a few outside backs leaving Roger positional change. Maybe he's obviously a wait and see to see if he gets named. But a zero p cent ownerships.
Speaker 6: One I want.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I really like him. I can't believe he's actually at zero percent ownership. My one's a few a bit above that zero percent ownership bracket. It's Tyrone Munroe, so big season with injuries last year, but in games where he played eighty minutes, he averaged almost sixty scored a try a game. They've got Cody Walker back at five eight, which I think suits what suits all the rabbit os. We've got Wayn Bennett back at the club. They've got Latrell Mitchell hopefully fit and firing, so I think it could be a lot of tries for Tyrone Monroe this year.
Speaker 4: You've also got Alex Johnson. It could be out for the first month, so if he's played on that left which we know south to just hammer that left hand side, that sixty could could very well be surpassed.
Speaker 1: Yep, That's what I'm hoping for. And they don't have a buy it till pretty late as well. Also, your mid range no go the guy to avoid from the start of the year.
Speaker 5: Yet mine is cooler Kefu Finny fool Archy. He's very popular at the moment, and there's just a lot of our of edges there At Recliff. You've got Felicie Cathusi, who's gonna switch from the middle to the outside backs. You've alsoly got Cannelli Lemouelo, who's done a job at Redcliffe the last few years and apparently they've been switching at training.
Speaker 6: I worry you with cooler kefe Is.
Speaker 5: He comes off the bench in that twenty minute role just an a nightman that you can't get out of his side.
Speaker 6: So he's the one I'm going to be avoiding.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he'd have to be starting and playing eighty minutes for me to consider him because he's PPM and work rate well, I love watching him play. You're not really a proper super coach player. A huge word crate. Who's your no go?
Speaker 3: Mine's at thirteen percent, so quite popular.
Speaker 4: Neurocup Blaze Ta Lenge five hundred and sixty two K no doubt he's a phenomenal talent.
Speaker 3: Let's not get that. You know, mistaken.
Speaker 4: But Jerome Luay in his last five seasons has gone sixty two, fifty nine, fifty six, fifty eight and fifty nine Blazers priced at that Louais arguably is the best six in the world. You're gonna have to, you know, surpass Lewis's output by a fair way, and I just don't think he's going to get that role to start the season. But he could be a guy that we talk about after the Buyers when he's bottomed out at say three eighty to four hundred k.
Speaker 3: I reckon once he gets famil with that pendusyst and he could be picking it up. But no, go for a round one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree, no going for a round one on him. I'm not sure five eight might be his best position in NRL. I don't think it is his best position. Coach, he'd probably want him at center, maybe even on the wing. Certainly our fullback would be good, but that's going to be hard to happen with Dylan Edwards there.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I only played the two games last year at five eight through a forty eight and a thirty. You're still young, but it's just a really unknown role with him in his panthide.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll be avoiding him and just wanting to see how things unfold there at penoth what's question Mark's there? My no go you're speaking of Jerome Lui before, I don't know if you're.
Speaker 2: Going to like this one. I'm saying no to Leui.
Speaker 1: He goes from the best team of the modern era to arguably the worst. I know that people say that he is better at half back and he's better when he's running the show, and that is true, but he ran the show for basically half the season last year when Cleary was out injured. So I just don't I don't get this, going from the best attacking team to the worst.
Speaker 2: Jerome Leui, don't even go there.
Speaker 4: Love, I love the content, I love what you put out every week. I can't get behind that.
Speaker 3: I can't get behind the LOUISLANDA Tommy.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: I just think that, like five eight is a very flat position. Even go with no guns there. I think half back into the position to target in the halves because you've got Cleary with a red hot start to the season. In terms of the schedule, you got Nico Hines with probably even better schedule to start the season. So a load up there. I'm going to load up at fullback and then at five eight. I don't want to spend too much cash, So no Lui. I think Luke Metcalf's a good option, and there's a lot of good mid rangers. We'll get to them later in the show, but for me, no, LUI might even go a sneaky Dylan Brown. At some stage, I was thinking Cody Walker, but then he picked up that cart. Yeah, it could be in doubt for around one. All right, let's just go through some of the most popular mid rangers. Terror or may do we even really.
Speaker 6: Need to talk Aboutnock him in?
Speaker 2: You were just saying before he's at what fifty?
Speaker 3: That's low, that's just ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's talk about him too much. We move on to Corey hawse Bro.
Speaker 2: I like him.
Speaker 1: He's looking really fit. He's kissed and made up with the coach. We'll see how They've got a trial this weekend. I'm not sure if he'll be named, but we'll see how trials unfold. But he just needs a slight improvement in minutes and we should see some big sid coach results.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're talking about hot takes earlier. My hot take Corey Haws right back in maroone this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I don't even think it's that much fun.
Speaker 3: He looks good.
Speaker 1: I just think if he's got his head screwed on. Now I think he could look, I mean, he can do anything.
Speaker 6: Has he meant that he relateship with Ricky?
Speaker 2: You think, well, that's.
Speaker 1: By the sound of it, they've kissed and made up talk for the entire season. How great coaching from Ricky show just not talk to a player.
Speaker 4: Look, he comes back in the best shape his career, so maybe maybe it.
Speaker 2: Let's get on to Tino.
Speaker 1: I've looked for full disclosure, I've got Tino in my team, but I am looking for someone else.
Speaker 2: I don't like the buying around one. I don't like the A C. L.
Speaker 1: I'm looking for someone else, maybe Lindsay Collins, maybe Leam Martin running off Nathan Cleary. But I do actually have him in my him currently.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Tino is an interesting one with the buying round one and the uncertainty with the ACL. I think it's actually a blessing because we can extra week to look at him. Come around three, Jet we're going to be scrambling to get all these cheapies that we've missed or the mid ranges that we have to jump off. We're not pressure to back it in the Tino in round three. We can wait the extra week and pick him up just before that price rising round four.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm keen of avoid him early, especially with the round one by I don't want to spend up at front row Ford. I want to throw a may in there and then the rest just sort of cheap guys like Corey Hawsbur and the like.
Speaker 6: But do they sort of easy him back in?
Speaker 5: You know, they got Read and Kenill Gillard there, so they don't really need Tino to be that Alpa male early on.
Speaker 3: No fight awaker as well.
Speaker 1: Ye yeah, yeah, I mean and he was only back to full training quite recently, so yeah, it's not like he's had an incredible run this off season into this. I think they do eas him back onto Jack Bird, who I've been on and off about four different times this season. I don't like the injury history, but when you actually look at the stats, he's quite durable. He doesn't get injured that often. He's just got the touch of the Dugans about him where he gets hit from somewhere and he's down, you think he's gone for the season, and then he comes back on the field fifteen minutes later. His record at Lock is pretty good, averaging around seventy at lock recently, which is predamn good.
Speaker 2: I think I've done a backflip on him. I think jack Bird's in my team.
Speaker 4: I am obviously keen with the stats are really good. The only concern to me is those stats basically playing.
Speaker 3: Eighty minutes a game. Is he going to get that with his body now? I'm not too sure, But you talk about his injury record, He's.
Speaker 4: Actually played more games in the last four years Nathan Cleary has, and everyone's jumping at the bit to get Cleary. So if you're gonna be kem Cleary, I think you've got to have a look at jack Bird.
Speaker 3: Sanawing is obviously the great duel for him as well.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, that's the best thing about him.
Speaker 5: I've had Benchaboy, which is my ten last few years, and he's been in valuable, just been able to switch him up and down just to make trades. It's so flexible on a snakey paying apes for jack Bird. He's what three hundred and seventy eight K twenty twenty two when he was healthy and playing on the edge at the Dragons.
Speaker 6: He obviously went to the centers last year.
Speaker 5: Flanagan came in a four week period he had scores of one hundred and thirty one, ninety eight and eighty eight, and he was doing a lot of offload and during that he.
Speaker 4: Can definitely look for work as well, which we talk about. You know, Finifi Wearcky, you're going missing in out of games. Jack Bird's a guy that wants the ball and wants to be in and around it. So it depends. There's a couple of Tigers options that we're going to chat about. How many of those do you want from apparently the worst team in the Comforcoy.
Speaker 3: This time, but not too sure.
Speaker 1: You'll be going Alex safer than Jack to Luke Metcalf, I like him. I've got him in my team. I think he looks there's about four guys going for those half spots for two half spots at the Warriors.
Speaker 2: Shawn Johnson's obviously left the club.
Speaker 1: I think Metcalf gets it and I hope kicks goals.
Speaker 2: That's probably the key. He's in my team for now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, in my team as well. The only concern for me is if they pick Adam Pompey in the centers. I don't think they have always too much of a threat for round one. Adam Webbs has spoken about Tanner bringing a lot of depth to half back, but if Metcalf kicks, I mean we started, we saw him last year yet start of the season he was great until that injury.
Speaker 3: We're getting him at that reduced price as well, which is great.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's got that tryscurring ability too, does and he scored maybe the first couple of games of the season, he scored a try and they'll.
Speaker 6: Straight through the middle.
Speaker 5: He's just he's a quick guy. The only thing about him is he can pick up an injury. That's the only concern, and you don't want to be spending trades on him early to switch him out for it.
Speaker 1: Still, he's quite under price, so I'm pretty happy to get him in. I've got him in a position where I don't really want to spend too much cash start the year.
Speaker 2: Ont far who White. I like him so thirty three.
Speaker 1: Minutes last year, No Jared Hargraves, No to Bernua and no mate. Yeah, so I mean you'd think he can improve on thirty three minutes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just by how much? Though?
Speaker 4: My concern is Radley can play eighty, Crichton can play eighty. You've got nap Butcher who's got a good motor in him, and some of like Lindsay Coins is going to command big minutes kind of Watson seems he tipped to play nearly eighty. So it's like, where are the minutes coming from? If you can get them? You know, his PPM has been fantastic. He loves, he loves and loves a tackle break and good jewel as well. You know, he could be flexible with guys like Aaron Clark or Corey Hawesbrough, but for me, it's just I want to see the minutes before I tack that plunch.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's no game breaker for me, but he's a solid pick there, like he's going to do his job every week. You're not going to want to play him every week, but he's got the duel and if you say you get ten o n tremain there one of them has by, you can easily plug in the file hit White in there and you know he's not going to get lower than twenty provided at the minutes to there.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about Isaiah PAPALII because I'm a little bit torn on him if he comes in obviously at the Panthers this year if he comes in plays eighty minutes to start the year, then you would think that he improves on what he did with Tigers last season. But they've got a few guys floating around there who can play that position. I think the key is going to be Scott Sorenson where he ends up this ipap maybe starting in the centers and then switch into the middle.
Speaker 2: I think that could be the case. But if he's playing eighty on the edge, he'll be in.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Of course, ady on Ag is locking him in good tip coach pegery, which is what we always look for. But you've got Luke Ghanner, You've got Leam Martin, you he's got sirens, and you ain't got guys like Press and Ricky and mav guy that probably aren't going to get minutes, but they're there.
Speaker 3: So it was like, where as you go, I.
Speaker 4: Paped can play in the middle, which we know he's probably going to be great for his minutes, but Jet, if he's playing eighty, it's going to be very hard to pass him up.
Speaker 5: Well, if he's playing his best footy, they're going to play Aim Maydy like if he goes back to what he was doing in PARAMOUNTA there's no way they don't play maighty minutes.
Speaker 6: And you've seen the last.
Speaker 5: Year or two Scott Thorrenson put up a massive scores on that left edge. Even if he plays in the middle and plays sixty minutes, he's going to get a lot of bass. So maybe we get a duel out of him later if he plays in the.
Speaker 4: Pressure, the screens already to be handed.
Speaker 1: I do like Leam Martin actually as well. If Nathan Clear is feeding at the ball, he's got a really good record with Cleary providing the ball for him. Jerome Leuai's next, I mean it's a note for me. Did we get your opinion on I don't think I was.
Speaker 5: I was scarred on the wire playing halfback last year because he absolutely decimated.
Speaker 6: My sharks at Shark Park.
Speaker 5: I think you put out about one hundred and seventy or something. He had the ball on a string. I actually liked Drome Lore. I don't think if I can have him, but I don't.
Speaker 6: I wouldn't. I wouldn't talk anyone out of get I.
Speaker 2: Just think it a relatively similar price. You can go Dylan Brown.
Speaker 6: I think be fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's gonna be fun to find I like.
Speaker 6: He's got a bit about him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, one of the guys that hasn't left my team since the picker came open. So well, I'm going to talk to a brick when it comes a little ay with me unfortunately.
Speaker 2: Well, let's move on to Connor Watson. You reckon.
Speaker 1: You said before he could play close to eighty minutes. I think that's I think that's true. And he's got that dual position where you can switch him around with someone or sand and Smith. I'm gonna I'm going to run with two hookers, two cheapy hookers, I should say, in sand and Smith and marmozellas I've got at the moment. So a great guy to have in that back row. You can switch him around. Look, I like it. He's got at least half a season to play close to eighty minutes. Proven super coach, performer, who's got work create an attack in him as well. I think that with the halves that me short on halves know Luke Keary obviously this year and Sam Walker has that ACL So a lot of the play is going to go through Connor Watson.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and no Brandon Smith for the first you know, a couple of a couple months as well. So unless they run like a Zach Docker cloff the bench, I can see a guy like Watson getting big minutes price at five to eighty. We saw Max Plath. Maybe you're gonna be coming off the bench of the Dolphins, which would rule him out. Then it opens up a door for a guy like Watson. Make a good point at double cheapy hooker. It can go wrong, You've got good cover there for Watson to come in and feeling.
Speaker 6: If need be ye, yeah, form me.
Speaker 5: He's a clear second or third option at hooker, and he's one hundred k cheap than Harry Grant, So I think he's out probably be pretty similar. I don't think he'll clips Harry Grant in total overall scoring. He might be missing over the origin period as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the.
Speaker 5: Thing they're considered. But yeah, he's got points in him as we saw last year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I don't. I just don't think he can touch Harry Grant to start the season.
Speaker 2: Give him. He's got that buying round two.
Speaker 1: So Connor Watson's one of the top guys in that position, but you can pick him in another position to start here. We'll get some questions in a second before that Finnish fur Rearky. We all agree he's a little bit iffy.
Speaker 3: Role is just uncertain for me.
Speaker 4: If he had a stranglehold in eighty minutes we saw him at the Cowboys, I think you have reached something like fifty five sixty points a game playing eighty.
Speaker 3: But yeah, with Lemonwelu Kafusi or in Keeley as well.
Speaker 4: He looked up in the trials last year and he's been back to full training as well, so they've got a lot of edges there and I'm just not too sure if it if he gets the full lady.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, As I said, he's my wonder a void, so I completely agree.
Speaker 1: Questions coming through. We've sent out the put the feelers out on Twitter. We've got a question from Hosking, who is your hot take my man from last week? Did have also news that's just literally popped into my phone from Fatima Kadoo. Some early mail out of this weekend's trials is that Hosking won't play this weekend, but he will play the second trial. He's been struggling a bit with a calf injury. So the question is Hosking, who you Reckon is the hot take maybe part of the year. Would you take him if healthy or Isaiah Papalii.
Speaker 5: Hosking every day of the week. Yeah, he's probably like seven sixty k cheaper. He's got a massive work rate. He's got points in him. As I said a few weeks ago when he was playing at the start of last year, he worked out maybe one hundred and ten eighty six the first two games start of the season. No Eliott Whitehead, I think he's going to be one of those out for sort of dogs in that forward Pack's Ricky's man too, so yes, I quite.
Speaker 3: Like it if he gets eighty.
Speaker 4: Now they've got young Maddy Nicholson's come over from Warrington and he is a specialist right edge player.
Speaker 3: He doesn't play anywhere else and that's Whitehead's role.
Speaker 4: I think Hoskin will start, But does Hosking get eighty that's the big question for me if he does. His pedigree is absolutely insane. We saw it at Panrith. We saw it at the Raiders as well when he got the stint when Whitehead was out. But it just comes down to minutes with a few of these guys, so trials, you know, it starts this weekend.
Speaker 3: It's going to tell us a whole lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just on Maddie Nicholson. So he will get named this weekend for timas telling one, so he will get it. Says he's going to get a bit of time up against the Panthers, but obviously no Hoskings. Well it's a good battle going on for that slot back. On to Twitter and we've got I want to wreck this one to you. What's the ideal draft position for.
Speaker 2: A twelf coach league? Asking for a friend.
Speaker 1: It's difficult because it depends if you're going snake yeah, or if you're playing captain, if if you've got it, depends how many people you depends on your leg's settings.
Speaker 3: Really, for me, it's it's pretty clear.
Speaker 4: I want Cleary not just because he's the best player, but because he's so much better than the next half back.
Speaker 3: If you look at full back, you.
Speaker 4: Know there's probably five or six guys that can all arrival for the best fullback. But if you're not going to get in that first, second or third pick, then I'm a really big fan of you know, eleven or twelve to get that hook to come back around and get two not premiums, but two really really good options.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I like going late as well.
Speaker 1: But Nathan Cleary, Yeah, I definitely if you're in a captain league, I think Nathan Cleary is is the top guy. And you look at the stats in Supergo's draft right now and he is the most popular number one pick as it currently stands, going off all the mock drafts that are currently going on at the moment. Ghoola Will he take Mollow's starting spot at the Dragons? First of all, I think Gula is a pretty decent signing for my Dragons. I know we're short on medals. You know, he's not a superstar, but the other option was Matt Lodge, so I'll take m Ray Gler. Is he a super coach option, No, he's not. Neither neither of the Molos are. In fact, I looked at the Dragons the other day. I do think they've got a player over ten percent ownership. Is a real dead spot for super coach this year.
Speaker 4: And that's surprising because they've had, you know, super coach guns in Damian Cook, Valentine Holmes. Clint Gustin's had his moments to super coach relevance too. But it's just so much uncertainty. As for Gooler great NRL signing, I think if you're looking for a dragon, Toby Catchman is only to r at the moment, he will get Jill because it looks like he's training in the mill.
Speaker 3: So really, if he does a good Jill, I'm gonna throw hands.
Speaker 4: But he's training really well and he's about four or fifty k great PPM. So if you're looking for dragons, I think Tobe Cashman might be the one for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So the word is that he had been training as starting. That was before the Guler signing, so I'm not sure what's going on there now, but yes, there is a decent chance that he'll get.
Speaker 3: I keep forgeting. I'm talking to the band that does the jewels.
Speaker 1: And the other thing with that, I know a lot of people think about round six, twelve, and eighteen. It's the rounds that we had jewels. We also do it before round one, after those round one teams are announced, so keep an eye out for that. What do you think about Gooler Cooler.
Speaker 5: I think he's a great football player. I don't think he's a good supercoach player.
Speaker 6: I really like it for the Dragon. I think he's going to add a lot.
Speaker 5: Flunnel will love him, but you know he'll be thirty to forty points a game.
Speaker 6: You wouldn't think he's going to be a.
Speaker 1: Superstar With starting two cheap hookers. Should we have covering the toro f position to make trades possible. That's basically what we're talking about with Connor Watson just before is a perfect cover for that.
Speaker 4: So I guess for me, in my personal opinion, I'd prefer to have Papolliti, but with my specific teams, ou up with having two cheapy hookers. I want to have that bit of insurance with Smith because he's my half back to.
Speaker 3: At the moment. I've also got kind of what's in there as well. So just a bit of flexibility for me.
Speaker 6: I think your man going two cheap hookies, I couldn't do it.
Speaker 5: You're going to have to play one of them every week and there's a big chance one of them would just get thirty to.
Speaker 1: Forty sand and Smith so he mid fifties when he was starting in the halves last year, so if I can get fifty five from him and the stats from mamozellea's pretty good when he plays big minutes as well, So I'm happy starting them for let's say five rounds to start the year and then hopefully just get to Harry Grant as soon as possible.
Speaker 4: Also, people are forgetting that with the new flex edition, you can take a bit more speculation with one of these players and if they do bomb out, then you've got insurance and they're not going to be in your top seventeen.
Speaker 6: So a point any consideration.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Next, we've got Camill Graham, so big news on him this week. He has broken his hand, but he is in contention for around one very cheap for super coach, but this preseason injury has me a little bit worried.
Speaker 4: I have to say, yeah, I mean very very underpriced considering what he's done in the years gone by, but had that Sternam issue. The only player that's ever had that has been Jack Byrd, who we've chatted about today. We've talked about injury issues and now his hand it's sort of like snowballing and I just want to see more.
Speaker 3: Before I take the plunge.
Speaker 5: As you said to Cody, Walker's black at five eight, So they're going to go left a lot more anyway, So is he going to get all that ball? I don't know, but I think he's await and see given he's played very little footed in the last few seasons, so he's obviously a gun footy player and when he's on, he's on. But there's a lot of options there, especially at south has a lot of options too, so.
Speaker 1: Nawaga Niawazi looks like he is a decent chance to get a center spot. With Joseph Sawyer, Litty and Joey Marnhu having left the Ruses, They've also don't have Michael Jennings anymore, who played quite a few games from them last year.
Speaker 2: He's locked him from my team for now.
Speaker 1: I might even go with two value players from the Roosters, with Robert Toyer or Billy Smith or who ends up in those sports.
Speaker 4: I think obviously three three can't go into two, but whichever should we get, they're both going to present value and has been training a favorite at center, looks very very good.
Speaker 6: He's a unit.
Speaker 3: If you're sending him down at Couldie Beach, he is. He's a monster.
Speaker 4: Obviously, big petigree coming from the Wallabies and impressing the right people at training.
Speaker 3: Which is always a good thing.
Speaker 5: We saw him once last year and how good was it? It was very exciting. But the only thing I've got is I don't think THEO is going to be much.
Speaker 3: Good this year.
Speaker 5: They've lost Suley, they've lost Miney, they've lost Torell May. I don't think that I'm the Chad Man. I love Chad, but the Chad's no service star. Like, I don't think they're just going to have anywhere near as amount of points that they did last year. They just don't have that strike that they used to have. And I want to avoid as many players from the rusters of that camp.
Speaker 2: It's just there's so many of them are so cheap, so we.
Speaker 3: Kind of, yeah, have to Yeah, it's the Tigers country, isn't it.
Speaker 4: You sit there and I don't want to pick players from the Tigers, but some of some of those underforming teams produced the best of kh assets.
Speaker 3: So it's like I've got to take it.
Speaker 1: With a take Kobe Heatherington thoughts on him. So the chat out of the Broncos and look, Michael McGuire is throwing around.
Speaker 2: A lot of stuff.
Speaker 1: It's I guess management one oh one where he's trying to fire up players. He's saying, this guy's in contention, this guy's in contention. Everyone's in contention for a starting spot, apparently at the Broncos this preseason. So how seriously are we taking that Heatherington will start at lock and Patty Carrigan will move to prop Because if it happens, Heatherington's a pretty decent by.
Speaker 4: I mean, there's been a lot of uncertainty over the Broncos his presets, but one thing's main consistent, and that's McGuire's love for Kobe Heddington seems to be speaking about him in such high regard.
Speaker 3: If he plays thirteen at three hundred and.
Speaker 4: Thirty k he's he's humping out fifty five minutes, then he's probably at least ten points under price, and that's that's what we want.
Speaker 6: He's a mage man.
Speaker 5: He's a tough, hard working player that you know, like he just his technique and the tackles is so good. He just takes a million runs a game. He gets in every single tackle, like his base is going to be a normal.
Speaker 4: He could be very similar to Morgan spin his last year. Not the most flashy player in the world. But if he's putting up forty five fifty points in pure base then at THRENDERD and thirty K it's hard to I think he's a lot more explosive than Morgan Smith's to be fair, which isn't hard.
Speaker 3: I think he'll do a job. He'll do a job for manage. If he wants that middle sewn up, then yeah, Coope, you could be that guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I've mentioned Tyrone Monroe before that he's a good sneaky little pod for supercoach this year.
Speaker 2: Jack Howarth, I look.
Speaker 1: I like pretty much everything allowed about Jack Howarth, except that he's got that buy in round two, so it's not for me.
Speaker 2: You can get on him later if he kills.
Speaker 4: He's in my team purely down to the fact that he's scored. His price is actually quite sub and injury affected. I think when he's playing eighty minutes in the centense. Yeah, whage is about fifty five points a game second full season. If we're going to back in some natural progression, then a bit of value there. And if you're having guys like a Billy Smith or a Jackson purd Off he's named or tamale F and the Raiders, you do have a little bit of cover there and you're sending bench in round two.
Speaker 3: But he's such a talent.
Speaker 4: We've heard for years and years and near about that reported five hundred k year deal. It seems like Bellamy's finally give him his crack, and when he gets he looks really good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's rock solid, isn't he. He's going to get forty to sixty every week. But I some think he has that upside. Like the storm go a lot, they go right a lot with Hughes elikatoa warbrick out there.
Speaker 6: They seem to get a lot of the points on the storm rather than the left edge.
Speaker 5: Even so that with Monster sort of taken a back seat last year. Obviously he was injured a bit. But if I on someone in the storm, it to be anyone on that right side attack, I wouldn't go left.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean the question marks for me is how many storm can you actually carry? Given that they've got that buying around two, I think he can only carry one. And look how if he is probably the number one for me because I don't want to go Harry Grand or Karen Monster. But still I think I'll be avoiding Blaysterlangy. We've spoken about it, and I think he's a risk. Casey McClain is an interesting one. So the Panthers team is going to drop this afternoon. He's not going to play, which is a good sign because it means that he's in contention for that round one spot, could have a little bit of competition from his brother.
Speaker 4: I think we forget that his brother was first choice at this time last year but had injury. His brother's also a specialist winger, whereas whereas case he's more of a more of a center, has been through the grades, and you've got, you know, study to Ruver that's now left for the Tigers. So it opens up a wing spot. So mcleana be named round one. It's just a question of which right. We obviously want we want Jesse to be cheaper, very consistent scas he punched out last year. It was just because all the base that those pans outside backs. Yet they're going to take a million runs a game.
Speaker 3: That's just there.
Speaker 5: That's their way, and he's obviously going to get a few trials. I think he was playing centerl last year when you field him, so you much prefer him on the wing. Yeah, I think he's a great choice.
Speaker 4: But there's a lot of choice there at center wing, absolutely, especially especially that Matt.
Speaker 3: Founder Key Rangers. We've had about so many guys. You know, Tom's keenan on one run keenon on how if.
Speaker 4: You've got other other guys there that we've had about, even Jack Bird that can feel in it. That that midle age center spot. So we say, very cliche, but definitely is a wait till teamless year. He's not cheap either, is he's about It's not like he's no spoiler at three hundred k. Now, he's not like his brother that's two to seven and you see brother gets the job of course.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And finally last one, Cameron Monster. He's in the mid range, but that's because he was so injured last year and he's still struggling with that injury. He had some surgery over the off season. I don't see this one with the buying round two. I don't even think you'll be getting on Cameron Munster presumably he plays Origin. I don't think he could be maybe a good pick for the run home, but I'm not thinking of getting him in before about round twenty.
Speaker 4: I think Monster's saving grace is just how Barren five eighters this year on the surface, so that's that's his only saving grace For me. I'm not keen on him, but I can understand why people would be because you've got Dylan Brown coming off pastal acl You've got Lua with an uncertain role.
Speaker 3: You've got other guys that are just like sort of price of what they're at. Munster has value, but you need to have full faith that he gets back to the months that we know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, love minus that round two by and Penroth they've got in round three, They've got a really easy run in Melbourne do so you can almost just get him in. You know, after that Penrith game. If he looked all right in the first round, you know, if he's not injured or anything, no one seems to be going him. So I did say just before that I much for anyone on the right hand side of Melbourne, but you don't really doesn't really matter.
Speaker 3: The company to a league of his own.
Speaker 5: When it comes to score, he could just make yeah, and he did have big scores in h last year. I think you had a few hundred and maybe had one hundred and fifty in there.
Speaker 4: Just bite being injured for probably most of the seasons. So he's got the pedigree, he's done it for years on end. It's just how's that how's that hip going to hold up? It's a very unique surgery.
Speaker 6: Six hundred k.
Speaker 5: It's like you're paying up like eight hundred k that you would in the previous season.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And a final question, not even a question, a sledge that's popped in on Twitter that we'll finish with the Whisperer is hitting the big time. Just don't bring up last year's rank.
Speaker 3: Yeah, look, do as I say, not as I do when it comes to last year.
Speaker 1: For me, mate, how about you bring up your AFL rank though you do better in Super kh AFL than.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean to be fair, it wasn't hard, but yeah, AFL was good. I'm gonna be back playing it this year and Tim, Tim and the boys did a great job down in Melbourne and we'll be handed again this year.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, big thanks, huge debut from you pick. Thanks again to Jet. We'll catch you next week.
Speaker 2: M