Speaker 1: We've got get you the morning every day day, every lady.
Speaker 2: Gentleman Adelaides, I we had to call through with some ideas, but I'd love to get you involved in this jode.
Speaker 3: You've got four girls with very very varying ages.
Speaker 1: Yes, that has been in that long time between drinks.
Speaker 3: It's a different story in itself.
Speaker 2: Twenty three eleven, so twenty three, twelve, eleven and four so you've seen it all. Yeah, I got a six year old and three months, a three year old and a six month old.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, how do.
Speaker 1: We go with our kids ages?
Speaker 2: Then my wife's listening, I'm in all sorts of trouble. But our six year old, in particular, is starting to go through these times where he's growing out of little things, and at the time you're like, oh jeez, when he stops doing this, it's going to save us time and et cetera. But then now that he's not doing it, I genuinely miss it. So the examples are both of our kids. Our daughters sleeps with us at the moment. She'll eventually move out. Our little fellow didn't move out.
Speaker 3: Till he was about four. I reckon maybe sort of l three four.
Speaker 1: I had one in the bed till seven.
Speaker 2: Really hashtag tazzy thinks. Anyway, when our little fellow moved out, he dead said it was quite brutal, like out of nowhere. So one night he just goes, I want to go on my bed tonight. I'm like, okay, yeah, go for it, mate, We'll see you when you get back next night. And he hasn't come back since.
Speaker 4: Oh no.
Speaker 2: But then what came with him being in his own bed is that we'd put him to sleep every night, and sometimes it would take up bards of an hour, ye hour and twenty minutes. A couple of books, got the stage where he could do his little readers, and we.
Speaker 3: Were not allowed to exit until he was fast asleep. It was to get you back.
Speaker 1: In long an exhausting process.
Speaker 3: Yes, absolutely it is.
Speaker 2: And then all of a sudden, just a few weeks ago, he said, out of nowhere, don't need you to come in tonight. And at the time we were like, great, more Netflix time for mom and dad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can get to bed a little bit earlier.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And then within about three or four days we're like looking at each other, going, I genuinely miss we missed tucking in Henry and sitting there and reading to him and watching him fall asleep.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So we've got still got Lottie and she's in our bed right now, but she'll go through the same process, and we are youngster coming through.
Speaker 3: But those little moments where you genuinely at.
Speaker 2: The time everyone says it don't take it for granted because it goes so quickly, and you go yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, and you're so sleep deprived and everything else that comes with it. But then when these little things disappear, and then straight away you're like, oh gosh, now I miss it. And then all of a sudden, my wife looks at me and goes, I wouldn't be against a fourth.
Speaker 5: No, calm down, lady, You've just had the third forgiveness sake. Calm down, lady, And it would be the same in your house too, because we're done, categorically done, and you can't get this sense.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 5: When I look at Harper, I think this is the last time I will ever experience some of these moments.
Speaker 1: That's a young child ever.
Speaker 7: Ever.
Speaker 2: Again, we've got a six month old, so we know that it's all about to happen again. So I was sort of half looking forward to that, but those little moments you would have had some solid ones.
Speaker 3: How did you go from twenty three years old to four years Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, some things that I genuinely will never experience again in my lifetime, which makes me a bit sad. I did have one with my twelve year old. We had a girl's netball weekend in Melbourne. I was flying back on the plane and I was you know, when you're on a plane, you're really close to their faces, and I was just looking at her and I just in my head, I went, oh my god.
Speaker 1: You're beautiful. You're so beautiful, and I just said it.
Speaker 5: And she's sitting there with her little blue eyes and her freckles, and I said, honey, when did you get so beautiful? And she just started sort of smiled at me, and we had a little cuple in a kiss. And I thought, she's twelve. She's not going to let me do that for much longer. Yeah, because she's going to be a teenager. So and we all know what teenage girls are like. And I just had this genuine moment of oh my god, life just passes you by in an instant, doesn't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's nice.
Speaker 2: That is really nice getting nice in DP thirty twenty four ten. The things maybe it's already started to happen, or the things that you know you're going to miss that Yeah, yeah, And unfortunately most people, like myself, you learn the hard way. So unless you've got multiple kids and they go, oh, just make sure you sit down and you really lock in and enjoy this moment because all of a sudden it's gone on.
Speaker 1: And as we all know Andrew Hayes not a fast lender.
Speaker 2: Who would have thought didn't learn the first time, didn't learn the second time. I have three kids there, so it's all good lucky third time. What things do you miss from when your kids were younger?
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, let's go to Amy.
Speaker 5: Hey, Amy, Hey, guys, what's that moment that you're going to miss?
Speaker 8: I think I'm already missing being on maternity le Oh. Yes, when you're in the stick of it, it's really hard and you can't wait to get back to work and you know, have those adult conversations. But you really do miss the slow morning, you know, the nap times, the long walks in the pram, taking them out for baby playdates, and you know, cooking all these fresh meals.
Speaker 9: Then when you.
Speaker 8: Become a working mom, you're like, yeah, I quickly touched the food in the microwave and you're good to go.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, funny Amy.
Speaker 2: Everyone says the same thing, and it's when you hear it you go yeah, yeah, yeah. But the whole living in the moment thing, like you're always thinking about what's next or this is where I want to be. And then the biggest fear is that you get to a stage where you're like, oh, actually, that was one of the best times in my life and I can't do that again.
Speaker 3: That sounds like that, Amy.
Speaker 1: Was the baby stage.
Speaker 5: Is that when you think, okay, if I get I just need to get to six weeks and then they'll start sleeping through a little bit, and then I'll get to this stage and then you look back and you go, oh my god, that's never going to happen again.
Speaker 8: That's right. We had a really good sleeper, but now we've got a three year old who thinks that's the game to come out of the bedroom.
Speaker 1: How funny.
Speaker 10: Five Time tonight the best game.
Speaker 1: My four year old came up last night. I said, what are you doing? And she literally jumped after the tenth time she'd ventured out of her bedroom.
Speaker 3: Hey, thank you so much for you caught.
Speaker 8: Thanks so much.
Speaker 11: Guys.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, taking your calls this morning on thirteen, twenty four ten, Kevin, good.
Speaker 12: Morning, good morning.
Speaker 10: Hell are you good?
Speaker 1: Goes quick, doesn't it?
Speaker 12: It certainly does. My daughter just had her tenth birthday on Sunday and she's the only child we've split up, as the parents have split up. But yeah, it just makes me realize how much time is so precious and you missed it so much. Like I was watching her get ready dressed up as you know, the little lady she is, and I just started tearing up. I just started crying, and I'm just like, oh my god, where did my baby girl go? Like I used to read her stories at night, and she doesn't want that anymore. But she always wants me to say I love you at night, So I'll keep that until forever.
Speaker 11: Kevin.
Speaker 5: One minute you're changing their nappy and the next minute they're asking for retinoald cream for their tenth birthday.
Speaker 1: Very quickly.
Speaker 12: The amount of beauty products, isn't it ridiculous? Oh my god, Mecca, And.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like you've got perfect skin. What are you talking about exactly.
Speaker 12: Why are you putting that stuff on? You don't need that. You're beautiful as you are, so whenever I say I love you or anything like that, she starts the cringe now and I'm like, oh my god, thank.
Speaker 1: You, Kevin.
Speaker 2: It even sounds like an absolutely beautiful dad. By the way, speaking of beautiful mother's producer, Emily, you've got a two and a half year old son.
Speaker 3: You are you missing anything yet?
Speaker 13: Yeah? So he is quite independent now at bedtime already, But just talking about this off out, I just think we used to. I used to sit and sit in the rocking chair in his room and give him his bottle or feed him whatever, and then just kind of rock him to sleep. And at the time I'm like, come on, go to sleep, like I need to go to sleep, or I need to shower or whatever. But now it's like, all right, mommy, good night, read me a book, tuck my teddies in, put my put my moonlight on, put the fan on.
Speaker 1: See you what a checklist?
Speaker 14: Yeah, put the fan on. So now I's like, all right, mate, see ya, no worries spy.
Speaker 5: So it is someone to that to me, rock me to sleep, put my moonlight, on.
Speaker 1: Put my fan on? Could you please? It's so nice? Good morning, Kirby. What are you missing.
Speaker 9: Morning, guys? I'm missing like my eldest is sixteen, then I've got like thirteen and seven, and just those cuddles, whether they'll come up and I'll snuggle with you. And I go to cuddle my sixteen year old and she looks at me like I'm an alien. It's like what are you doing? And it's like, oh, thanks for your heart.
Speaker 5: Oh fifteen sixteen year old girls. Tricky phase, Andrew, very tricky.
Speaker 2: What about in terms of the chat with your sixteen year old, Kerby? Ye, are you still having nice chats? Or is it physically and everything else? Like we you're just an absolute it's a blank war.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 9: It's like they're not too bad when she wants something, but obviously when you want her to do something, she does this face and you're just like, honey, your face and she's like what about it? And I'm like, yeah, you can't look at people like that. And she's like why and I'm like, yeah, no.
Speaker 2: No, because what you're doing with your face is your pivalent of me sticking my middle finger up in your face.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly thanks, care, go to my Heck is that right?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, good morning?
Speaker 15: How are you?
Speaker 1: We're good? Thank you? What are you missing?
Speaker 9: So I got a.
Speaker 12: Thirteen year old turning next month and a three year old.
Speaker 9: So the second one we missed being we're gonna miss is the babbling.
Speaker 16: And now he's talking.
Speaker 9: So it's half babbling and half talking, and it's so adorable.
Speaker 7: I'm going to miss that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know exactly what it mean.
Speaker 1: What does it sound like? Heck? Just battle halfday? Do you want this and that?
Speaker 9: And then you want is clear? And then the rest of this babbling.
Speaker 1: And I'm going to miss that, I.
Speaker 5: Tell you exactly, like working with Andrew Hayes.
Speaker 1: First two words clear, rest of it babbling.
Speaker 3: We just have to guess did you were you by the end of it?
Speaker 2: Meheck an absolute expert translator because my wife some of the stuff that my daughter would say, I'd be like, I have no idea what you're saying.
Speaker 10: Are you seriously said this?
Speaker 3: This, this, and this?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 16: My husband look at me, said I so he said this.
Speaker 12: He wants this.
Speaker 8: Now when he say you want me, he wants yes.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 1: Thanks for your calls. It's been quite emotional.
Speaker 3: It's nice, isn't it Just reconnecting with some of those memories.
Speaker 14: He's what you're waking up to, Adelaide, breaking news? What's the news today, snooziness?
Speaker 5: Well you know how you saw some people up in the trees that live golf.
Speaker 1: On the weekend. That was a six fifteen venue machine by the way. Sure, I just hanging out all.
Speaker 14: Right this minute.
Speaker 5: These are the top stories that you need to have this morning. Abby in the newsroom, go for it.
Speaker 1: Good morning.
Speaker 15: Yes, as we've discussed, Billie Eilish is not coming to Adelaide. So her hit Me Hard and Soft the tour Kinky is coming to Australia. She'll do four shows each Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne, but she will not come to Adelaide. Tickets are on sale from Thursday, the second of May. If you've got an American Express card you'll be from the first of May.
Speaker 2: So this is a question without notice to both of you ladies. But is Billy irish?
Speaker 3: Are we expecting the same sort of fanfare as Taylor Swift?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 3: How big is she?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 15: I can't see her selling out ninety five thousand crowds every night? In saying that though with the younger crowd. We'll talk about this before produces Zoe. She's a little bit younger than us. She loves Billy Eilish. We don't.
Speaker 3: We're not huge on the hype.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so whereas Taylor Swift sort of transcends all generations, doesn't she She had dads taking their teenage daughters and all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 15: Billy Eilish, I think she. I think that's what we sort of start to love and sees that she you know, she's got green hair. She's not the status quo of a chip star, a typical pop star. So I think that's why the younger generation like her so much, because she's a little bit different. But yeah, Billy Eilish won't be here, But do I have a surprise for you.
Speaker 10: Stop her.
Speaker 15: Tina the Tina Turner Musical rolls into Adelaide. It's opening night tonight. I highly recommend going and seeing it. I've had. Yeah, it's amazing. I love Tina Turner. She's just absolutely incredible. But yeah, there's still a few tickets available. It's opening night tonight, as I said, so yeah, head along, beautiful good stuff.
Speaker 3: All right, Jay, what have you got for a.
Speaker 9: Well.
Speaker 5: After sixteen years and two hundred and fifty five games for the Crows, thirty four year old Rory Sloan is hanging up his.
Speaker 3: Boots we go.
Speaker 1: How was that news met with you yesterday?
Speaker 3: It wasn't totally unexpected because obviously he's had two.
Speaker 2: Detached retinas now out training with goggles and all sorts of hers man.
Speaker 3: So and the way that explained it, and it was pretty obvious.
Speaker 2: I think his beautiful wife Belinda said a few weeks ago when they were part of a TV show that he needs to start thinking about his future, needs to be able to see the kids, et cetera. So when you really really break it down, does seem like a bit of a an obvious situation that he's come up with.
Speaker 3: But what a hell of a career.
Speaker 2: There's not a single Crow supporter on this planet that doesn't absolutely love and adore Rory Slane. And there's not a football fan on this planet AFL Football plan it doesn't respect Slane.
Speaker 5: Yeah, really lovely scenes down at the club yesterday when he announced his retirement. Got a little bit emotional, as most professional sports people do when they quit, will not quit, but have to retire and his little boy Sonny was asked by his mother Belinda, how he felt about his dad.
Speaker 1: Super cute and have a listen.
Speaker 5: He always concentrates and how we never ever says I can't do it.
Speaker 10: I'm clear of you, Daddy.
Speaker 3: That's nice.
Speaker 15: And then as he walked out, he goes, I'm hungry, and so he goes, I'm hungry too, mate.
Speaker 5: Little studdies like these media commitments are exhausting, dad, but I do love how football is.
Speaker 15: Obviously it's usually then like they're in their thirties or forties where they retire, so they've got always got something like they've young enough to go on and do something else or get into commentating or whatever.
Speaker 1: So you know, life isn't over.
Speaker 5: I don't think Rory will be short of opportunities in a media sense in this town.
Speaker 2: Yeah, discussing that offair, I'm very very interesting to see what not just Rory, but.
Speaker 3: The Sloan's soon next.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because they built this beautiful little platform and I'll tell you what if they were hosting a lifestyle show or something like that.
Speaker 3: Bloody tune in absolutely heye.
Speaker 5: Quick question about notice though, why if he's got this eye injury, why couldn't. Most players will persevere you and just keep going and going and going because you're a long time retired.
Speaker 1: What was the final straw?
Speaker 2: What happened twice, so once would be bad too twice and then I think got to the stage where if it happens again, maybe he would lose permanent eyesight in that eye.
Speaker 3: And he was training in the goggles to try and go down that path.
Speaker 2: But it's also it's also a bloke who he's not pushing towards something else. I mean, obviously Crow supporters will say, well the season, we'll see what happens in terms of a premiership. But if premiership's not in sight this year or maybe next year, there's nothing left for Roy Slane to achieve two hundred and fifty five games, everything that you could achieve personally, Yeah, he's done at all.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've got a theory on this. The final shore just didn't want to be like Mason Cox.
Speaker 17: This is what you will look like with the goggles on the field.
Speaker 3: Call a press conference to mine.
Speaker 15: It's a hard note from me, Yeah exactly, Hey, just round it out.
Speaker 3: It's a bit of showdown chat as well. We'll go over to Port adelaide. Hey, don't rule that kind of rosie just yet. Is that rageous?
Speaker 1: It's crazy.
Speaker 2: So he came off from the weekend with a genuine hamstring injury, a small hamstring injury, very insignificant, but to hamstring injury nonetheless, and he was running yesterday, he was doing run throughs, and the scam came back saying that there's some small damage there. So by all reports, main session today, they're going to give a bit of a test and see how he goes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, right, okay, that kind a rosy game change, isn't he? So will that decide your tips? Will determine your tips if Connor's.
Speaker 1: In or out?
Speaker 3: Oh, it's big business.
Speaker 2: I think that will genuinely decide a few people's tips whether Connor Rose is in or not, because Sport go into Obo his favorites. But the Crows have just got the wood over the power recently and showed up.
Speaker 5: And I would say to you, tip with your head, not your heart when it comes to Connor.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, all right, I always tip my heart. Dip my heart way too much, you do, don't. I tipped Port last year during the bye that was silly Joe's Thunderbirds had a nice tight win on the weekend. They're traveling pretty beautifully in nearly part of the season. Happy to say as well that we're in the presence of an absolute star Hazy.
Speaker 5: You know, I'm very excited to welcome Georgie Horges to the studio.
Speaker 14: Hello, Hello, thanks for having me. I say this with.
Speaker 5: Love, respect and a really good and kind heart. However, Jiji made it look hard on the weekend.
Speaker 4: I know we came out nice and strong, but then yeah, we made it very difficult in that third quarter, but luckily to get over the line there.
Speaker 1: How do you go in extra time? What are your nerves? Like I was watching, is hard?
Speaker 4: I guess just like staying connected on court. We were lots of talk out in court, and we'd played like lots of extra time last year, so we had that experience. So I think, yeah, that definitely helped. And yeah, we were very lucky in that last five minutes.
Speaker 3: Georgia sold started the season.
Speaker 2: And obviously now do you feel a difference being effectively the hunted?
Speaker 14: No, I don't think so.
Speaker 4: I think Amota this year is we want to hunt for better, so we want to be that better team. We want to have new strategies, so teams don't know what to expect from us. So I think, yeah, we just want to hunt other teams this year.
Speaker 5: And who amongst the team is the one you look to in a crisis situation like that, like extra time?
Speaker 1: Is it Hannah Petty?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 5: Is she the one that keeps everyone cool or you've all just got faith in each other.
Speaker 14: I think, yeah, we have in each other.
Speaker 4: But Hannah, I'm just her talk, like off the court and on the court is just amazing, and she would do anything to chase down the ball, So I think, yeah, her calmness is great out there.
Speaker 2: Who's got the worst talk like her? There's always someone who doesn't know what to say or tries to say something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just almost.
Speaker 5: Demailed in cricket, it was always Glenn McGrath, Like within years, six sledges. They were awful, truly awful. Do you have anyone like that in your team?
Speaker 4: We're not sure, but I reckon that last five minutes Lauren frewit was knacker like she was cramping everything.
Speaker 14: So I was trying to speak to her.
Speaker 4: She just had a blank face, so she was struggling that last time.
Speaker 14: But yeah, she did awesome job.
Speaker 5: Is there a lot of chatter in the court because I find with the Adelaide Wildcats, Sea Ones must be exactly, it's exactly. So there's a bit of lip out there. But with the opposition, now, is there much sledging?
Speaker 4: I've never experienced it, but lots of girls have, like from other teams, and there's definitely some culprits every week throwing a bit of lip.
Speaker 14: But I think it's good competition.
Speaker 3: Okay, here we go.
Speaker 5: Yeah, alright, we like to do this, Georgie with with our sports people that come into the studio. It's just a quick fire, rapid round of questions. So just your one two word answers. Whatever you feel like you good.
Speaker 3: To go, please under the spot, Georgie.
Speaker 5: Your favorite teammate, Oh, Lucys thing because I've.
Speaker 14: Known her for ever.
Speaker 1: Worst person to room with, Tillie, she's.
Speaker 14: A big snorer.
Speaker 5: Oh No, Which Super netball team do you despise the most?
Speaker 4: Maybe this Swifts because just because we played them so much last year?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, and you beat them in the Grand final.
Speaker 14: Crows report definitely Crows.
Speaker 1: What's the best show on Telly?
Speaker 14: I love it? A maths drama.
Speaker 5: George, what's your cheat meal on the days off?
Speaker 14: I love a chicken PARMI chicken.
Speaker 1: Parmy, and you'll pump up song.
Speaker 14: Please probably party in the USA that one who saw that.
Speaker 2: This takes you to the next level doesn't get your game ready, Yeah it does.
Speaker 1: Some people would go food Fighters or Metallica.
Speaker 11: No, you're would be surprised that.
Speaker 12: Georgie.
Speaker 5: Well, just thank you so much for coming in and all the best for this weekend and gets the giants.
Speaker 14: Thank you very much.
Speaker 17: Here we go.
Speaker 3: Love this space all right.
Speaker 1: Producers always joins us in the studio. You aredjudicated. I promise you love and respect this morning.
Speaker 14: Oh thank you. That would be nice. I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Can I start losing and I turn aggressively on you?
Speaker 14: Yes, and as does Hazy.
Speaker 16: But the score as it stands is nine to five in Hazy's favor.
Speaker 5: That sounded good nearly had.
Speaker 3: You wish cheery.
Speaker 16: Jody's on the epic comeback train. So watch this space and on Team Hazy this morning is Cassie from Seacliffe, and Team Jody is Lara from Clarence Arden.
Speaker 6: Hi, Lara, get into your head.
Speaker 14: Thank you, there you go. I actually gets it.
Speaker 13: Lara gets that.
Speaker 1: It's a mental game.
Speaker 2: I'm already there, Lara, and you should see what I've done with the place.
Speaker 16: It is the same as always three over hits and throw backs or kestralized. It is the best of three. And we're going to play nice song number one.
Speaker 14: Please here we go.
Speaker 10: Oh mm hmm, I think it's a tricky one. We're running out of times.
Speaker 14: Abby's got nothing. Come on, is it?
Speaker 12: Go on?
Speaker 9: Go on?
Speaker 14: It is three two one, Jodie, what you got n.
Speaker 1: Dynamite?
Speaker 16: But tell your instantly it looks me dead in the eye.
Speaker 2: And I knew you didn't know that.
Speaker 3: And then yeah, alright, I see exactly what's going on here.
Speaker 1: Baby.
Speaker 3: In fact, that's.
Speaker 15: Okay.
Speaker 14: I win default one zero.
Speaker 16: Jody Favor has he just come back with this one song number two?
Speaker 10: Yeah? Yepp t.
Speaker 11: T that you just got to sing the confidence you just say, yeah, really bad.
Speaker 10: Oh this is god.
Speaker 14: I love when this happens.
Speaker 10: Is quite a close.
Speaker 14: I love it. I love it. It's a time Broart's.
Speaker 1: Going a million miles. Now, all right, let's go, let's get.
Speaker 14: The song number three. You can do.
Speaker 7: It, queen, do you doty dancing queen, do.
Speaker 17: The right thing.
Speaker 14: You have to buzz in with your name.
Speaker 18: I believe it's ever dancing queen. O. My soul would be broken, that's all.
Speaker 14: She looks broken.
Speaker 10: Jody.
Speaker 14: I'm sorry, I.
Speaker 5: Said dancing queen, and then I said Jody because I realized what I die. Plet.
Speaker 1: We need some clarification.
Speaker 14: We'll talk later. That's two weeks in a rocket.
Speaker 17: We're to say some clarification. I guess you completely lost it last week.
Speaker 16: It means that Cassie is taking home Wallace Cinema's part.
Speaker 10: Thank you.
Speaker 5: Something to Lara too, because I feel like I've let her down because I forgot mine.
Speaker 14: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 16: We'll put Lara in the drawer for ten day may Thank you.
Speaker 9: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Hey, Lara, you want to come and hang out with me? Inside Jodie's head.
Speaker 1: I want to break something.
Speaker 17: It's fine ten five you come back from that.
Speaker 1: Now I know exactly what I want to break.
Speaker 10: My face.
Speaker 17: What a journey.
Speaker 3: Let's discuss. Ah oh boy, this is live audio. Jody just visiting the dentist getting smashed with a drill.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, I went to the dentist here today and in the lead up sort of the forty five minutes before. I started getting really anxious because I know that each and every time I go to the dentist, they will ask you the same question, do you floss?
Speaker 3: And then your eye starts.
Speaker 5: Twitching and I have to look down at the floor and I'm like yeah sometimes.
Speaker 1: And your voice goes really high pitched like yeah.
Speaker 5: And I'm knowing full well, I'll probably floss once every six months.
Speaker 2: And the best part is they go, okay, let's just test have a look, and then they floss you and then you literally hit them in the face with blood as it's swirting in their face, like, are you sure you say your flask? Because oh, signs point to.
Speaker 5: Know as far as gum health goes, your gums are awful. So they purely know that you get lying to them every single time. And it just got me thinking about this. On thirty twenty four ten, do you have a job where you know people are just going to lie to your face all the time?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would love to hear from you. And what's that like and how do you respond?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So, anyone else who works in the media, give us a call.
Speaker 15: Why are we talking about ourselves?
Speaker 5: When your program director goes that was a really great show today, really great show.
Speaker 2: Well then, why is your nose bleeding? Was the steam coming out of your ears?
Speaker 1: Have you been in that situation?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 10: I used to.
Speaker 3: I did a little bit of coaching as soon as I finished football.
Speaker 2: And that's a tricky situation because you've got to be a hard aus and I found out the hard way that you've got to be brutal because if you're not.
Speaker 3: And you tell blokes and they go, how are we going in my close? My close to playing? And go, yeah, you know, are you close to close?
Speaker 2: And all of a sudden you've said that to ten to fifteen blokes and they all think that they're about to play league footy the next week. Yeah, and they're not. So I've got to the stage. That was one of the reasons why I quit. Couldn't do it because of the harsh conversations. Yeah, and I was genuinely fake and then they go, we told me this, this and this, and I was like, well, I was trying to be a good guy.
Speaker 5: That's really tricky, like being being a medium manager at a football club, wonn't it.
Speaker 1: I just liked it. Oh no, no, he'll play this week.
Speaker 10: Bs.
Speaker 1: He ain't playing.
Speaker 3: He ain't playing, he's carrying his arm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and is that what the Bulldogs is to say to you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, big time, like, Oh, it's not us, it's not you, it's us where we can't make this work.
Speaker 5: We can't accommodate someone of your talent in our side.
Speaker 1: It's just impossible.
Speaker 2: You know, you're too good, You're too good to play for us.
Speaker 10: Okay, all right.
Speaker 5: So thirteen twenty fourteen, let's do this. Do you work in a job where people just regularly lie to you. One of the examples we were just talking about is the charity people in supermarkets. Oh my god, they must hear every excuse in the book for people not to stop.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the York passed like I've got notes who said that I can't see.
Speaker 10: Oh I got to go to play.
Speaker 2: You just wouldn't even say anything towards the end of it. The other one as well, Jase's haircuts. Oh I've had some awful haircuts.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you happy with that? I'm absolutely happy with that, Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: I'm so thrilled.
Speaker 5: I'll be back here again to pay for my fifteen dollars haircut.
Speaker 1: That looks truly dreadful.
Speaker 3: Not only going to save my head tonight.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Jackie.
Speaker 6: Hello, how are you guys?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 14: Good?
Speaker 1: Okay? What's your job and what are people lying about?
Speaker 6: I work in human resources across many aspects for you. I've heard a few goodies. Yeah, get lots of lots of stories of people that can't come to work and reasons why. I think the best one I've had is when a family member has passed away and then six months down the track, the same family member has passed away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very good, incredible, real weekend, the Bernie's type situation.
Speaker 14: Yeah, yes, yeah, very much.
Speaker 5: Yes, my grandma died but then she was reincarnated. It was incredible, but then she.
Speaker 1: Had to die again.
Speaker 3: Hey Grandma, do you have three?
Speaker 1: Thanks Jackie? Hey, Luke here you going good? What's your job and what are people lying about?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 19: I'm an audiometrist, so I do hearing aids. Yes, And they say have you been wearing your hearing aids? They go, yeah, I've been wearing them all the time and they're connected to the computer.
Speaker 6: You don't know.
Speaker 19: It says how many hours a day they've been wearing And Okay, the other thing is wax, So have you used cotton bud in your ear because the wax has push really deep in the ear. And I say no, And you know that's definitely a lie because wax doesn't grow.
Speaker 3: Where they put it.
Speaker 5: And I'll tell you why they're doing that, Luke, because the old cotton butt in the ear. You know you're not supposed to be doing it to get your wax up, But jeuse it feels nice all the buttons.
Speaker 3: I do it regularly.
Speaker 19: Get that dog leg going when you get that right.
Speaker 1: Special twitch, Luke, Thank you so much good.
Speaker 2: Put this out there, particularly to you, Joe. It's some of the little things that you did to keep you occupied and beat the loneliness as a youngster. Because they're doing things just a little bit different over in South Korea. How many times are we going to say that? How about this for a headline? South Korean millennials are using pet rocks to combat loneliness and burn out. It's both funny and sad all at the same time. South Korea's unique trend involves buying rocks online and treating them like pets, dressing them up, painting faces on them, and giving them names and beds.
Speaker 9: Why have they.
Speaker 14: What all?
Speaker 1: Why are they so lonely in South Korea, that's.
Speaker 3: A good question.
Speaker 2: This transferred during the COVID nineteen pandemic as a coping mechanism for loneliness, stress and burnout. Some companies in South Korea are now sell these pet rocks price between five and eleven dollars, with some selling hundreds per month. You've just got to beat those youngster blues, don't you.
Speaker 1: It can be very lonely growing up, it can be.
Speaker 2: I was born on the farm. Yeah, born Raisland farm. I went to a school. There were sixteen kids. I was the only one of my years. Quite some lonely dimes, sure, but I never wear down that level. I never had rocks, had pet rats.
Speaker 5: You would have, I was going to say, you would have found solace in the animals around you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sheep, cattle. We had horses as well, but I genuinely and a couple of pet.
Speaker 3: Rats as well.
Speaker 2: I still think about the rats occasionally. It brings me to you, though, because back in this nine day nineties, I just want to be specific in tazzy in a bygone era, Yes, how'd you be the lonely?
Speaker 6: Lonely?
Speaker 10: Well?
Speaker 1: I used to collect Oh no, here we go.
Speaker 2: Just just a warning Joe's about say something about rageous. Just got to make you shake your head and put your head into your hands.
Speaker 1: I used to collect erases.
Speaker 17: Collect what erases? Like rubbers? Oh my god, what does that even mean?
Speaker 1: I was a small child, but I used. Some people collected barbies or cabbage bach was.
Speaker 14: I collected erasers?
Speaker 3: Where'd you get them from? When people donate them to you?
Speaker 10: Would you find them?
Speaker 5: Been the news agents? And I remember once I stole one because I'm desperately so lonely.
Speaker 1: Another one from my collection. Coolleen found its, which she made me take it back.
Speaker 17: You know what, I've said it before, I'll say it again.
Speaker 18: Hashtag tazzy things