Speaker 1: A lot of this is outside. Good morning and welcome to outsiders. The opinion show that is too woke, virtue signaling and anti Semitism on steroids. What office works is to attracting small business customers in predominantly Jewish localities.
Speaker 2: Yeah, doctor Hans Schmutzik again, head of the Jewish Affairs one, So you know who. I'm outside here of office Works on Huntly Furists choice.
Speaker 3: Shop of Zea.
Speaker 1: Been feeling so lonely.
Speaker 2: Saw I was looking for another flu line and I thought, maybe it's a frow line with mitta.
Speaker 1: Tattoos is in here, So let's go look inside.
Speaker 2: Let's go see if we can find some romance for doctor Hans Schmutzik.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's a spoof video that popped up on social media in the wake of the You're all surrounding office for Works turning away a Jewish customer. The video featured a fictitious Nazi heading into his local office works. I think he wants to get something laminated.
Speaker 1: Ad, there's your manager I'd like to talk to as a manager.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 1: We could go for a short walk on the beach.
Speaker 3: Look of courses. If you're a bunker in Berlin.
Speaker 5: We got everywhere to go together.
Speaker 3: We could read mine cump together.
Speaker 2: I have a signed copy I got leminated here. Actually, by the way, we have a security here. This is good, this is all Its okay. We've got political discourse.
Speaker 6: Here and not for the first time, Jews have shown an admirable ability to laugh and to laugh in the face of binggotry and prejudice.
Speaker 1: Is the front line upstairs?
Speaker 2: I would have thought she would have been downstairs in Zabunka. No, the far line's not here anyway, I'm going well anyway, good in that.
Speaker 1: Right? Well, office Works have now issued an apology. But this is precisely what happens when major corporations and individuals within those corporations believe that their power and authority over you, the consumer, gives them some kind of moral superiority to forcefully impose their own left wing political dogma and ideologies. This nonsense must stop, and it will only stop when Corporate Australia learns go woke, go or broke. Now, let's grab the latest Outsiders news. Well, funnily enough, that latest Outsiders news is about Office Works and their disgraceful performance this week. Rita tell us about it.
Speaker 4: Well, we've now learned thanks to the Australian newspaper, this wasn't the first time this young employee had imposed her political views in the workplace. She had similarly treated another Jewish customer, and that's why she was set to go to the Holocaust Museum as a form of training to understand not to do this. And that visit hadn't taken place when this second incident had happened.
Speaker 1: So let's have a look at this second incident. James tell us about it and then we'll show a clip of it.
Speaker 6: Well, we had a man come into the office works in Elston Welston, Victoria, a suburb of Melbourne, and this fellow wanted to laminate something from a Jewish newspaper. I think it was about a rabbi at the local shool. And this this worker had this response said, I'm not going to do it.
Speaker 5: Have a look.
Speaker 7: What's that I'm pro Palestine.
Speaker 8: That's okay, you're here to do a job of laminade.
Speaker 1: Yeah. We have the.
Speaker 4: Right to deny jobs.
Speaker 8: Is that an office works position or your personal position?
Speaker 1: It is an officer.
Speaker 4: We have the right to deny jobs. What's the reason of denying I'm not comfortably proceeding with it.
Speaker 6: So there's so much to unpack out of this. I mean, this idea that, well, I'm not comfortable with this because it's Jewish, the idea that she can refuse jobs on the base on the basis of her opinion for a profit making corporation. That's one thing. But here's the other thing, guys. The other thing that's remarkable to me is that the office works has not cashiered this woman. They've only transferred, and this is her second strike. Now, this is the same company that is owned by West Farmers that gave two million dollars to the Voice Yes campaign. So, you know, compare these two things and see do you imagine do you imagine that they would be anywhere nearest tolerant for somebody who had said, look, I'm a no voter, I'd rather not laminate your yes poster or your yes campaign material, not on your life. That person would be down at centerlink before you could say yeah, exactly, before you could say no, no.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: There's even more to unpack there. You would have seen in that short clip the employee question wearing a rainbow land so who kitten? And yet she is so pro Palestinian, a place where the LGBTI community is absolutely drapped down trodden, where they are beaten, they can be killed for their lifestyle. That doesn't seem to trouble her. Those those two commuting sort of advocacies, and the article that she was refusing to laminate. I had a look at it. It is written by the local rabbi. It's about the Jewish spirit, the spirit of the local people. It's got a picture of delegates holding up an Israeli flag and an Australian flag. There is just nothing there that is any reasonable person could possibly object to it.
Speaker 9: It's not some sort of not.
Speaker 4: That would be an excuse, but the fact that just because it was an Australian Jewish news and it had an Israeli flag in the image, that was enough for her to have this unhinged response. And if you watch the full video, at the end she threatens to call the police on this Jewish man because he's taming her.
Speaker 1: Well, Ritchie, you've got what we saw during COVID, which really infuriated me during COVID, and we talked about a lot on the show, was the kind of petty little authoritarians that popped up in all the office places and different working environments, entitled to suddenly not let you onto the premises, or why aren't you wearing your mask? Or where's your QR? All this sort of stuff. They loved that petty power. And this is what fascism. This is how fascism developed when you have people in corporate situations who believe they have some kind of worthiness, some moral superiority over the customers. And this is precisely what was happening here. Reata and James are referred to the lanyard. The full woke kitten kaboodle was there on display, and this particular individual felt they had the power and the corporation had given her that power to be discriminatory against individuals. Now, I've said on Twitter that Office Works aren't off the hook on this, and I will be boycotting Office Works until they donate one hundred thousand dollars to victims of October seventh. Put your money where your mouth is for a change, Office Works and we's farmers. You gave two million to the Voice, why not give two million to Jewish organizations? Stand up, show that you genuinely are apologetic about this disgraceful performance by your employees in a public space. Nowt at at video.
Speaker 4: She says she's the manager because the customer didn't ask to speak to manager.
Speaker 1: Part of that the laminating department.
Speaker 4: It's actually my local office works. I've been in there a number of times, probably been served by that girl. It is absolutely incredible that a company like West Farmer's, multi billion dollar company office works, multibillion dollar concern, would not only allow this to happen twice now, but the fact that she hasn't been sacked that that, I think tells you everything you need to know. And like James said, the advocacy for the voice, they've got political on other issues, remember the whole Woolly's Australia Day merchandise. And so this is becoming a pattern of political activism.
Speaker 1: Pattern that must be the one direction. It must be punished, and it must be punished by customers using your right to say I will not participate in a situation where Corporate Australia plays politics and lectures me and talks down to me and discriminates against me. Only the consumers and the customers can put an end there's woke garbage. It as us who can make them go broke if they go work, and we have to it's so important. Now. While while this was going on, jams, where would you think our political leaders were, Well, one of them was in Israel. Peter Dutton, leader of the Opposition, leader of the COLI, was in Israel making making the visit to Israel to the scenes of the atrocities of October seventh, the music festival, scenes, the kabutzim there in southern Israel. There was Peter Dutton this week and or this week making that visit, talking to senior Israeli leaders, doing all of the things that our prime minister is too scared and cowardly to do. Where was Anthony Albanizi while Peter Dutton was in Israel. Oh, Anthony Albanizi was wandering around getting all the applause from the Garma crowd. We'll be talking about that later. But Rita, tell us about Peter Dutton in Israel.
Speaker 4: Well, this visit, as you pointed out, he did go and speak to the families of people who lost loved ones during the October seven massacre. He visited those sites and he seems to have a real understanding of what that country is facing. And even today they're rockets flying in from Hesbula. So that threat and that fear is there, and it's not just going there and meeting the leadership. He's gone to those sides. He's watched the footage of those attacks, the barbaric attacks, the idea of footage that they've put together from the body camp that was worn by some of the Harmas terrorists. And so he's actually watched that and he knows, I think better than any other politician in this country now what we're dealing with, what the threat is.
Speaker 5: Well, you know more than that.
Speaker 6: More than that, It's got to be pointed out that from the very start of this whole conflict over October seventh and since then, Peter Dutton has had a very strong moral compass on.
Speaker 5: This actually right from the start alone.
Speaker 6: And everybody you know, you speak to in the Jewish community, they say that he knew exactly what the right from wrong was on this from the first element. And let's not forget here. You know, Ron, you mentioned Garma a moment ago, and I know you're going to speaking about later in the program, but it's a funny sort of parallel because when the October seventh attacks occurred, Anthony Albanizi was where he was up in the Northern Territory. He was trying to get the Voice referendum over the line, and you know you had prime ministers and leaders around the world. Rishie Sunak, who was Prime Minister at the time, given incredibly strong address to British Jews and Albanizi had to be dragged almost kicking and screaming to a dress a Melbourne synagogue shool after that, and you know it just shows where his priorities. He doesn't get it. Peter Dutton wrote a really, really good piece about his experiences in Israel on the trip where he visited you know, people who had were victims of the of the attacks, who were survivors, who have family members still being held hostage. He met with Bibi net Yahoo, he met with the Foreign ministery with the National Security Advisor, he met with everybody, and he wrote a great piece in which he said, you know it's not just about Israel. I mean, it is about issue, but it's also about civilization. Democracy is you're talking about democracies are on the line. We have to support Israel because hence block the who is comeas are a threat, not just to Israel, but the entire Western democratic wavelife.
Speaker 1: He gets it. Alban Easy does not get it.
Speaker 6: Well all we have to look at how divided his cabinet is and his party is over this conflict.
Speaker 4: Well, the Alban Easy government is now moving to provide a path to residency for the Palestinian people who are coming here on temporary visas, and I think that is something that needs a far greater discussion and scrutiny because we know from the polling that's done that a significant portion of that population, it's a majority, sadly support the October seven attacks. So when you're bringing people in and I'm not doubting that they're obviously in crisis, there's a war underway. But what sort of Australians are they going to me? Do they share our values or do they condemn her masters by barity? Because we know from the polling that's been done last year and again this year that that is not the case.
Speaker 6: And why read it is it on Australia, at the United States and Canada and country like that to take refugees from Palestine?
Speaker 5: Why aren't the Arab.
Speaker 1: Dations you know?
Speaker 5: And how do we know?
Speaker 6: How do we know, we all saw the footage of Gaza residents coming out, cheering, beating prisoners, hostages with sticks, cheering the days, celebrating, and how do we know that they're not among those who are coming out here. The background checks are virtually non existent. I mean, I know as somebody who migrated to this country. They do a pretty serious background check when you come from the US. But there's law enforcement authorities and other agencies they can check with to make sure you're a good character. Some people out there might say they should have kicked me out, but some of.
Speaker 4: These approvals are reportedly made within an hour, within an hour.
Speaker 1: With the authority that runs the Gaza strip those areas. But I've got great news, reassuring, terrific news that we can all settle down and take it easy. Fortunately we have a new immigration Minister, Tony Burke, so no doubt he will be screwed, absolutely screwed uless. Tony Burke will be there and ensuring that only the very finest and most upstanding individuals arrive in this country. Tony Burke was here on Sky earlier chatting away he's now got seven or eight nine.
Speaker 6: Well, he's got ammigration and whole affairs. But you know, Cyber, this is, this is, this is the the thing we've got to remember about Tony Brooke. You know, Tony Burke's seat is in Western Sydney. It is heavily Lebanese, it is heavily buzzler. We've seen this move to push the goalposts forward on these Palestine refugees when they were saying, oh no, no, this will never happen, when now it's happening. We see where this is going. And this is about appeasing these Western Sydney seats that they're desperate to shore up because Peter Dutton has to Let's remember that the fight is not going to be one of the next election by going.
Speaker 5: After this tlcs of the eastern suburbs, of the Wentworths and all that.
Speaker 6: God, It's going to be about fighting in those battleground Western Sydney seats. This is the most cynical play with our national security for an election I've ever seen.
Speaker 4: There you go, it really is. And there are plenty of people who are migrants to this country. This is not a anti migrant vance. There's a plenty of people who are migrants here who would be looking at this and be troubled by the detail because just the polling that we have seen even in the West Bank over seventy percent supporting the October seven attacks. And we know well well.
Speaker 1: In Germany, for example, Reacher in Germany. Now to immigrate, to migrate into Germany, you now go through a very lengthy questionnaire about your views or opinions regarding Israel, regarding Jews, regarding so and so forth. Now, of course people can lie in these things, but they have made that an absolutely determining factor in migrating into Germany. We need a similar thing here. I'm not sure Tony Burke's really the right person to be in charge of that. Maybe I'm wrong. Prove me wrong, Tony Burke bring in some really strict, strident regulations to ensure that the sort of people we played on this show last week individuals there in Guys, are individuals there in the West Bank who were saying, yeah, we support October seventh, Yeah we're all for that. Are those individuals coming in or not? That's what we need.
Speaker 4: Well, on a broad border protection issue, was Tony Burke over the years against boat turnbacks.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't go down the history of his immigration. I think we do need to.
Speaker 4: Go down to their history, because if you are going to select someone to come in and fix the mess that the previous minister made, then you can't pick a carbon copy of that previous minister was a failure.
Speaker 1: You can I rushing to office works to get lemonade to Tony Burke's references raud years when he was Immigration minister. I mean, what a shock of that was, as has been pointed out, and as he's strenuously denying. Now the Greens want more truth.
Speaker 5: Here we go.
Speaker 1: As I said, James said, I'll be talking about Garma later on, but we have the Greens who are desperate to revamp this whole thing.
Speaker 4: You mean, truth, tell it exactly.
Speaker 1: And we had Albanisi there at Garma who's going on about all the treaties and Macaratas. I thought we had a referendum in which we said no to all that stuff. Apparently not Labor are still flogging this and flogging this and pushing this stuff. But now we're talking about refugees coming from Gaza, and we're talking about Israel and the conflict there. Who better to chat to that? Of course Colonel Richard Kemp, who joins us now live from Tel Aviv. Richard, it's two in the morning there in tell Aviv. We really do appreciate you staying up as always to chat to us. A couple of things to go through. We want to ask you about these refugees coming into Australia from places like Gazare. What do you think their Palestinian sympathies are likely to be? What should Australians be looking out for in that instance?
Speaker 10: Well, I think you've got to first of all, ask how these people got out of Gaza. And the reality is going to be that you wouldn't get out of Gaza. And if you've had quite a lot of money to bribe your way through. And the people that have money in Gaza are almost invariably connected either closely or not so closely, but certainly connected with a mass. They're probably members of a mass or lease supporters of the mass, I would say in most cases. So I would say there's a pretty strong guarantee of where their sympathies lie. That those people who managed to get out of Gaza and get to Australia.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 1: Well, that's Richard Kemp's point of view. Richard, Now what's happening with the military situation there. You're under threat from Hesbela. There are rockets at the moment. Tell us about the security there in Israel at the moment that you're under.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean, within the last couple of hours has been quite a significant barrage of rockets fired into northern Israel by Hisbella. I can't remember the exact number, and it's quite a significant number, but frankly, nothing much out of the ordinary. It sounds bizarre when you say rocket attacks into a.
Speaker 3: You know, a country like Israel is perfectly normal.
Speaker 10: It is, and it's been going on Fromitbollaa in Leven and since straight after the seventh October massacres, so pretty much every day we've had missiles fired into the northern part of Israel.
Speaker 3: Fortunately, most of them have.
Speaker 10: Not done a great deal of harm because they've been intercepted by the IDFs their defense systems, or they've landed in open spaces. But some have killed quite a number of Israelis. And of course there was a devastating attack on you know, which your twelve dru's children playing football the other day. But I think you know, obviously the country is braced now for a more serious attack, and the Iranian spokesperson in the United Nations, of all places announced today, I think it was that that his Balla will be deliberately targeting civilian buildings deep inside Israel, could be as far down here as Tel Aviv.
Speaker 3: Or even further so, that's on the cards. That was the Iranian.
Speaker 10: Government spokesperson in the UN who was openly and publicly pre announcing a planned war.
Speaker 3: Crime by his balla.
Speaker 10: It's not unusual for his balla to attack the villion objects, but it's quite it's quite I think their departure for them to be publicly announcing it now, and of course, in every likelihood there's going to be, you know, there's going to be a serious barrel of attacks attempted, at least from his Bala in Lebanon, and that will probably be accompanied by a further serious barrels of attack from Iran like we saw on the fourteenth of April, and possibly from other Iranian proxies like the who he's in in Yemen. The Israelis are ready for it, they're prepared for it. We don't know what the scale is going to be when it's going to happen. Could be tonight, could be tomorrow. And the other interesting factor, of course as well, is on the fourteenth of April, Britain, the Royal Air Force, the US Air Force, Jordanian Air Force, other Arab countries and France joined in the defense of Israel, and I would expect a similar alliance to help Israel defend itself this time if it happens.
Speaker 6: James and Colonel we've heard reports that the US is moving more assets into the region, and as you say, there's all those diplomatic supports as well. But Iran has suffered a tremendous trifecta of humiliation through its proxy is getting killed in Beirut, in Tehrandi.
Speaker 5: Even when.
Speaker 6: At what point does their calibrated response ratchet up beyond something that could be absorbed by iron dome and would be more serious ballistic missiles actually from Iran or is Iran being very calculating saying we want to show that we're responding, but not do something that's going to kick off this regional war that people are worried about.
Speaker 10: Well, Iran has got to respond, There's no doubt about that. Iran is now the laughing stock of the Middle East with the leader of the mass taken out in under Iranian protection. In Tehran, they've got to respond that they can't afford this kind of embarrassment with over response, and the response also, in my view, has to come quickly because in the Middle East a delayed response is also seen as weakness.
Speaker 3: So they've got to do.
Speaker 10: Something, and it's got to be something I think pretty serious. Last time, fourteenth of April, they fired some three hundred and fifty four hundred projectiles at Israel and did almost no damage whatsoever because they were pretty much.
Speaker 3: All knocked out of the sky.
Speaker 10: And that was again a humiliation for them because they talked big about a retalia against Israel and didn't really deliver. So I think they've got to do something quite significant. But I also believe that both his Balare and Tehran will will not want to escalate this to the scale over full scale outright war with Israel. I don't think they can afford that at the moment. But again, you know, we don't know, and we don't know whether there could be miscalculations, might well lead to escalation.
Speaker 3: Whatever happens, I think we've.
Speaker 4: Vice President Kamala Harris met with Benjamin Nithan Yahoo, and afterwards she talked about the Israel Her mass war not being binary. I'm interested in your thoughts on that, and she said she wasn't going to stay silent about wanting an enter the war, wanting a cease fire. How do you think that Biden administration and a possible Kamara Harris administration will mean for the Middle East long term? There seems to be a fair bit of chaos within the Biden administration, But think ahead, if we do have Kamala as the leader of the free world, what does that mean for Israel.
Speaker 10: Well, I think it'll be a disaster if it happens for Israel, but also for the rest of the world. We've seen the consequences of the Biden approach. We've seen it in Ukraine, we've seen it in the Middle East, We've seen it elsewhere, the results of what is effectively a weak administration.
Speaker 3: Seeking to appease its enemies.
Speaker 10: And I think we would see a continuation of that kind of approach by Kamala Harris if she does take over. So it's going to be it's going to be devastating. And we shouldn't forget, of course, in any of these discussions that it's not just Iran that's behind what's going on in the Middle East.
Speaker 3: Standing behind Iran is Russia.
Speaker 10: And China, and particularly China is looking to see how the US responds to what's going on here, and I think they've been encouraged by what they've seen, and so I think that every likelier that if Kamala takes over and continues this indecisive week approach to foreign policy, it's going to just encourage and provoke China to who knows what, we know what their potential plans are with Taiwan and elsewhere in the region.
Speaker 1: Richard, you just got thirty seconds left. You mentioned Iran being the laughing stock. Just tell us very quickly your thoughts on the assassination of that character in the Bay Iranian assets we now learn Ismail Hamiev, the leader of Hamas.
Speaker 10: I think it shows the weakness of Iran that this was able to happen with presumably I don't know, but presumably a Mosshel operation, as you say, maybe using Iranian assets. Of course, it shows weakness that Iran around the region. But most critically, I think it shows the weakness of the Iranian regime to the Iranian people, many many of whom are dissatisfied with Iran, and this kind of embarrassment can only lead to potentially greater instability and possibly the downfall of the regime in the fullness of time.
Speaker 1: Well, that would be a great note to end on. Fantastic Richard Kemkonel Richard Kimp always great to chat to you. Thanks so much for coming on at this late hour there in Tel Aviv, and please stay safe. We hope everybody there in Israel stays safe. Is clearly things are going to happen over the next few days after the break Rita's reality Check and we'll speak to the former victor and police commissioner Kill. The're about the youth prime crisis sweeping the nation as well as Victoria.
Speaker 4: Welcome back. You're watching Outsiders with your Rowan x y D James observed Male at birth Morrow and our Rita Paney from such programs as the Riata Panete shows at eleven and Left is Losing It Friday nights at nine point thirty and talking about Left is Losing It, it doesn't get more absurd than the weapon grade gas lighting we're witnessing at the moment when we are told to accept that Olympians who have failed gender eligibility tests should be allowed to beat up women in the boxing ring at the Paris Games, and challenging this lunacy makes you a bigot. We should disregard the evidence before our eyes and those pesky x Y chromosomes. We're supposed to pretend that disorders of sex development give males a free pass to compete in women's events. On what planet is that fair to the female competitors. There was a time when men beating up women were well, they were considered cowardly losers, not brave and stunning and deserving of a clause and Olympic medals. To see boxes with xy chromosomes punch on with real women with xx chromosomes is appalling. It's something that belongs in a South Park sketch. Algerias Immann Kellef and Taiwan's Lynn Uting were only last year thrown out of the Women's World Boxing Championship for failing gender eligibility tests. But there they are in Paris, beating the Bejesus out of their unfortunate opponents. That the International Olympic Committee is allowing this travesty to take place at the Paris Games tells you just how insidious the LGBTQI movement's influence is in sport. And don't forget the I in LGBTQI stands for intersex. These boxes are not trans. But it's the trans or the LGBTQI movement that sees the IOC cowtow to radical gender theory. It's why we get absurd statements like this from ISIC spokesman Mark Adams.
Speaker 11: There has been some confusion that somehow it's a man fighting a woman and this is just not the case scientifically on that there is consensus scientifically this is not a man fighting a woman.
Speaker 4: Oh really, there's scientific consensus. Now, really, then, why would the pair who have x y chromosomes, according to the president of the International Boxing Association, why were they in twenty twenty three thrown out of the Women's World Boxing Championship for failing gender eligibility tests. There's no question there's scientific consensus. Really, why did they not appeal that unfair ruling? If there is scientific consensus that X Y chromosomes mean you can be a woman as long as you were raised as one or identify as one, or it says female on your passport. The IBA has released statements clarifying just why these two were bad, and it wasn't due to a testosterone test, but testing that conclusively showed the athletes did not meet the eligibility requirements to compete in the women's competition. The IBA also stated our committees have rigorously reviewed and endorsed the decision made during the World Championships. While IBA remains committed to ensuring competitive fairness in all of our events, we expressed concern over the inconsistent application of eligibility criteria by other sporting organizations, including those overseeing the Olympic Games. Olympic officials have now admitted that the pair have disorders of sex development, but that won't be taking action because apparently, while the boxes aren't that good at boxing, they get beaten by women regularly. I mean tell that to the Italian box. I had quit her match within a minute in tears, and then it looks like she was pressured into a apologizing. The truth is, despite the Casta Semna scandal, the ISOC is burying its head in the sand and happy to allow athletes with x Y chromosomes to compete in women's competitions as long as their passport says female. They have labeled conclusive sex testing as disgraceful, disgraceful to do sex testing, and, as Jacqueline Magnet reports in the Australian newspaper today, even if the sex testing was introduced, the Olympic movement wouldn't act on results because they have a different definition of a woman, which includes X Y athletes such as trans women and disorders of sex development athletes. So we are in the midst of this lunacy due in large part to the radical gender theory, where feelings trump biological certainties, like the fact that men know those with x Y chromosomes they're bigger, they're faster, they're stronger, they hit harder, and right now the activists are pushing all sorts of crazy conspiracy theories, including Russian conspiracy theories and Zionist conspiracy theories, to divert attention away from the simple fact that athletes with x Y chromosomes, regardless of how they were raised or how they identified, should not be competing in women's sport, any women's sport, but particularly a combat sport like foxing. Of course, we have sympathy for those who have disorders of sex development. But we cannot overlook the fact that if they have X Y chromosomes, they have an unfair advantage, and if they want to compete, it should be in the men's competition. No sane person with any sense of fairness and rationality thinks what is happening right now is fair. But too many have been cut into silence or worse, they have become advocates for a movement that is pushed dangerous anti women policies in the name of tolerance and inclusion. Now before I go today, Kamala Harris refused Donald Trump's offer of a debate on September four in front of a crowd. She wants the conditions of the debate Trump agreed to with Joe Biden. But Joe's gone, Kamala. You may have taken his nomination, but you don't get to take his debate conditions. To Look, I'm not sure what she's scared of. She's well, she's never been great at debates. We saw what Tulsa did to her back in twenty nineteen, but Kamala can switch it up like few others. This is her getting all southern and urban when talking in front of a mainly black audience.
Speaker 12: I said to the congressman.
Speaker 4: I didn't know he could preach like that.
Speaker 12: Yeah, girl, I'm out here in these streets and let me touch as.
Speaker 9: They say they I like us.
Speaker 12: Can I get a witness?
Speaker 4: So authentic? Isn't she Compare her accent there to what we just heard to how she sounds normally like when she appeared on the set of a Dragquen show.
Speaker 12: We are all in this together, and your vote is your power, So please make sure your voice is heard this November.
Speaker 4: Who's the real Kamala? And that's for the media outrage about Donald Trump pointing out that she has in the past identified as Indian as opposed to Black. Well, she is back in twenty nineteen talking about how proud she is of her Indian heritage.
Speaker 13: You are idiot, yes, okay, And I don't know that everybody knows that, but I find out wherever I go and I see Indian people at the supermarket on the street, Everyone's like, you know, Kamala's Indian, right, It's like our thing. We're so excited about to have you running for president. We're both Indians, but actually we're both South Indian.
Speaker 1: Yes, fantastic agree. Now well, in Victoria, a teen driver who allegedly killed a trainee doctor has been freed on bail again despite going missing within forty eight hours of his first release. To discuss this, as well as the broader issue of escalating youth crime across not only Victoria but Australia, let's chat to former Victorian Police Commissioner Kell glare Kel. Thanks so much for coming on outside. It's great to have you on here. First of all, just with this particular case of the alleged teen driver twice released on bail. How tough is it for the police when they keep arresting people and then the judiciary keep letting them off again. What's your thoughts?
Speaker 8: Joyal laws and dual laws and across the board in Victoria or a joke? I think whenever there's a death, the alleged defender should never be released on bail, no matter what. It is so traumatic for the friends and relatives of the deceased to see someone released immediately on bail, and particularly if they've been previously bailed. So although the matters yet to go to court and there are any alegass of this stage, I think that there's a very strong case for seeing that these people spend their time waiting trial in jail rather released, because we know that on the results that around the ninety six seven percent of them will be glibly convicted. So it is not a discourage of justice to keep these people off the streets until such time as their court cases are dealt with.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 4: In Victoria, we've got all sorts of issues. There was an attempt to tighten those bail laws that was defeated by Labor and the Greens. But at the same time, there's a move to increase the age of criminal responsibility. What are your thoughts on that, because that's something that goes beyond Victoria. Other states and territories are also considering that. Is that something that can help the youth crime crisis.
Speaker 8: In this day and age, Again, we see ten eleven, twelve year olds committing very serious offenses, and the number of offenses committed have increased. There will be older criminals, or we use kids, particularly as drug mules for example. So and in this information age, kids are educated at a much earlier age than they were.
Speaker 3: In my time.
Speaker 8: So I think that that's again misguided. It's ideology overriding common sense. The fact of the matter is that we do have a juvenile crime problem. There's a bill before Parliament at the moment which talks about diversion for all kinds of young peril, which is a great idea, except that the youngster concerned has to consent to the diversion. And surely that's a nonsense. If they don't have the maturity to know when they're doing wrong, how can they have the maturity to know whether they should consent to a diversion or not. So there's a contradiction in the Act. And there are all kinds of other provisions in the Act in relation to the doctriate of Dolly incipax, you know, incapable of crime. These kids know they're doing wrong. If they don't, why are they masked? Why they are and why do they run away when they're challenged? And yet the Act would say that even though a kid might have been told that what they're doing is morally illegally wrong, that information conveyed to them can't be used in future proceed eas to defeat the defense of Dolly incapax. So there are all kinds of problems, and I think there's a great deal of confusion in those who would change the laws that have worked pretty well over the years, and I really don't understand the unintended consequences of what they're proposing.
Speaker 6: James, is there a problem then, and you mentioned dolly incapacts, which we've seen young people in New South Wales actually heard on tape saying that they're dolly incapacs, that they can do what they want when they're stealing these cars and going on, you know, incredible joy rides at two hundred kilometers an hour.
Speaker 5: Through tunnels in Sydney. But there's a huge problem.
Speaker 6: It seems to me that the parliaments can pass as many laws as they want about tougher punishments, but if the judiciary isn't on board. Is there a problem with the culture of some judges that they are automatically biased to be soft on these alleged criminals and say, well, you know they're young, Well give them another chance, Well we don't want to put them in custody and so on.
Speaker 8: There's a process that could be adulted where they don't have to be incarcerated in a an institution. One of the things it's often said is that well if they're incarcerated, they come out worse than when they went in.
Speaker 5: They're doing violent.
Speaker 8: Home invasions, violent carjackings, committee, violent assaults. They can hardly be much worse. You know, there are deaths as well, what can make them worse. But in fact, with the technology that we have available now, they can be what we call ring fence. They can have a tracking device which can keep them confined to their homes so that their home would in effect become a jail and they would be able to go to and from school or auto medical appointments, but otherwise they would be incarcerated that home. That way, they're not associating with other offenders and they are able then to really have a normal education, but kept away from being able to run around in the middle of the nights stealing cars and committee mayhem. Because the technology is so sophisticated. But I've got a tracking device that tells me all the golf course where I am, to the mover. There is the technology to fit these young people with those devices, keep them home, keep them ring fence, so they could only go to certain places, and that overcomes the problem of incarceration with other people. The young people that have been in trouble.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 1: Former Victorian police Commissioner Kel Glare, thanks so much for your common sense. I think you better get back out there on the golf course this morning.
Speaker 9: Kel.
Speaker 1: Thanks so much for chatting to us on outsiders. After the break, we've got some net zany and some lefty lunacy in a tick net Zany the insane mad world of net zero policies. All around the world, they're realizing how incredibly luous lunatic most of this stuff is. Including here.
Speaker 14: Listen to this.
Speaker 1: This woman is a climate of fish in and environmentalis green to the gills. See what she thinks. Listen to her about the net zero madness.
Speaker 3: Have a listen.
Speaker 15: These so called green or ethical solutions aren't solutions at all, just very good marketing from the one point five trillion dollar a year climate change industry. That's four billion dollars a day. By the way, none of us can undo what's already been done. But what we can all do is make sure this doesn't escalate exponentially with fleets of unnecessary evs and acres of solar farms eating up our precious farmland.
Speaker 1: There you have it, in a nutshell, exactly what Chris Bowen is doing to this country. Acres and acres of prime Australian farming land being destroyed with these solar panels, windmills, transmission lines, fleets of evs that we're supposed to be rushing out to buy. And the environmentalists themselves around the world are saying this stuff is destroying the environment Rita, Well it is.
Speaker 4: You can only have to travel to the countryside to say it's scarred by these projects. And of course it's affecting land that could be farmed on. And we talk about food security, you talk about all sorts of issues and will that soil be fit for any sort of agriculture once a solar farm is removed or is it going to be too contaminated to act.
Speaker 1: Many instances, James, these things are just left there to right. The toxicities in the soil from the chemicals from the materials used in the windmills and solar farms is unbelievable. And the solar farms, by then the Chinese solar farm owner has moved on roble on the thing.
Speaker 6: This is the thing, and people, I think need to really be across what's happening here. You know, these companies that are doing this. They are not in this because they want to save the planet. Forget what their ads say, Forget about the brochures, forget about their wardroom commitments to net zero and you know, greening the planet and all of that nonsense. This is all about big, big, big money, and they do not care. And I have gone and I've met with communities in country New South Wales who have got these solar farms coming, and they have been treated like absolute garbage by huge international companies that have huge carbon intensive energy projects. They're using these projects to greenwash, to get subsidies, to get all of the sort of the renewable credits that come from these sorts of things. But they're not economic. They do not actually have much intention of really ever delivering a lot of power into the grid. And yet they're leaving communities, communities devastated by their presence, as well as the farmland. It's really really bad what's going on.
Speaker 4: It's large scale grifters. I mean they say the taxpayer funds. They see the guarantee of money that is going to be there. The market manipulation. If this was market led and we let the market, if there was genuine demand for these products, then fine, and if investors were going in recognizing an opportunity, But there is so much market manipulation here that you do have these opportunists to see the chance to make some easy money. That's what they do. We all pay for it through these exorbitant energy costs now, and those costs are going to continue because we got so much infrastructure work that needs to take place if we're going to get to net zero. That forget about a two hundred and seventy dollars Suppose it's saving the promise. We're going to be paying way way more than.
Speaker 5: What we wanted about children have.
Speaker 1: Children will be paying through the nose to clean up the mess that these renewable grifters and vandals are leaving across our country and in our oceans if Chris Bowen gets his way. And it's worth pointing out that at a political level, the grift is right on. You have the people like the Labor Party, the Greens, and particularly the Tills pushing an agenda which is clearly benefiting the big end of town in the renewables industry. That's all they're doing. They demonize nuclear because that's competition to the renewables.
Speaker 4: And we shouldn't be surprised that the green and till seats all happen to be in the most affluent parts of the country. They're not in the outer suburbs. They're in places where the people can afford the.
Speaker 6: Extra, well, they can afford to put the you know, oh, another two thousand dollars a quarter, who cares whatever.
Speaker 5: That's fine for them.
Speaker 6: But you know, also these communities too, These companies they come in and they say, oh, well, we're going to bring in local jobs, all these new local jobs, and again that is hogwash.
Speaker 5: There's utter nonsense.
Speaker 6: Many of these projects are actually done by foreign companies, bringing in foreign workers, foreign contractors, and the communities don't see a brass rezume.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, we've had Air New Zealand this week have come out and said nice of them, to be honest, that's good. We like more of this. I wish we'd hear the same from contestant Virgin in New Zealand. They said, no, there's no way we can ever reach this net zero stuff. Forget it, forget the targets ain't happening. A bit of honesty there. The truth is, will hurt, will hurt Bowen and other's but this is the truth. They can't reach these targets. It's it's just a more virtue signaling. We have the Capital Metro mob who are scrapping all their electric bus fleets because guess what reason. What happens if you have an electric bus. It doesn't get you to where you're going. The whole idea of a bus is to get you from A to B.
Speaker 4: But to be Billy crucial point, that's important, point.
Speaker 1: To point B exactly. So the grift is on there. Net zero is a complete fast Bowen and his mob are pulling the wool over your eyes. As soon as we kick them out of power, the better and get some common sense.
Speaker 7: And so back two years.
Speaker 4: Back, green hydrogen dreams because we course it's going to work. He pretty much said that. But no, no, no, he wants New South Wales James to spend good money.
Speaker 1: And it is what this all comes down to.
Speaker 6: Green hydrogen does not exist. This does not exist on any commercial scale. It is so expensive you cannot make it happen. It is energy negative. It has to be chilled to incredible temperatures. That storage is just incredibly difficult. That's idea that we're going to import this stuff around the world is insane. And yet the new South Wales taxpayer, this guy is going to this guy here too is going to be on the hook if Twiggy Forrest, who's already got plenty of money more than he knows what to do with, gets his way so we can all subsidize war of this green hydrogen dream. Well, you know, look at what's been happened to Forteskew and you see where that's going.
Speaker 1: And shortly we'll be chatting to Willie Packer, who's invested in uranium up in the Northern Territory, only to find out last week that the Labor Party go, oh no, no, we're not having any of that. We're shutting down potential jobs for Indigenous Australians and for Australians to make money. That's what the Labor Party grifters all around. When you hear them attacking nuclear they're just doing it so that they can promote renewables. It's a grift. Let's talk about JD.
Speaker 3: Vance.
Speaker 1: So they call him weird. They all call him weird Rita. Why do they call him weird?
Speaker 4: I don't know. He's happily married, he's got three beautiful biracial children, had come from absolute poverty, a mother who was a drug addict, raised by his grandmother, and he went on to have a very successful business after serving in the Marines. I mean, it's the American dream. I wouldn't have called it weird, but that's the Democrats line. He's weird, he's some sort of a Christian and he had a response to that. Let's have a listen.
Speaker 16: The people who call me weird want to give like hormone therapies and sterilized nine year olds. I think it's a lot weirder, you know, me just like living a normal life with my kids and my wife.
Speaker 4: He makes it except quite there. I mean, if you think three year olds can identify as a different gender than what they were preserved and birth or that can be catsled, you know, they can have six hundred different pronouns neo pronouns. Then calling this dude weird, I don't think it's going to wash with them. Am I washed with the media crowd and the activist class and the celebrity class. But with everyday regular people. I think they will look like a JD. Evans and go that's a bloke who seems to be pretty happy and well of Justed Well, I think this is.
Speaker 5: A thing here too.
Speaker 6: Is this this whole weird thing is so fascinating to be the way it just went out, you know, across the telegraph polls for everybody to certainly start seeing.
Speaker 9: Wed weird, we we weird.
Speaker 5: The whole media picked it up.
Speaker 6: Weird we were And it's funny because it signals to me that the way America is going, you've got this sort of media class and the people who vote that way, who are post ideological. It doesn't matter what actually his posif you have a sound position of the world. But now it's just about this kind of you know, it's a vibe thing.
Speaker 4: They might imagine it all a long time, because let's not forget when they had someone like Mitt there is an absolute just flake nothing. They were presenting him as some sort of monster. I was going to put glassing chains and how do you know, put make weir behind us full of women. So as long as you're a Republican candidate, you're going.
Speaker 1: To get that trip absolutely well. Take a short break after the breakwall deep they take a deep dive into Albanezy's Garma speech plus the Jabbaluk uranium deposit saga in the Northern Territor. You don't want to miss that in a tick. Hello, you're watching Outsiders, and thank you so much for watching Outsiders every Sunday morning. We certainly do appreciate you being here and making us, as you say, often do kindly the number one show on Sky News Australia. Well, you're watching Outsiders with Rita. You're who Panahe with James Macarata Morrow and myself Rowan treaty, Yeah, Dean.
Speaker 9: Tickets.
Speaker 1: Tickets to the Gama Festival, which is on this weekend as we speak, start at one thousand, six hundred and fifty dollars for a school kid, one thousand, eight hundred and fifty dollars for a UNI student because they've all got that much. Two thousand, seven hundred and fifty dollars for a single adult ticket, or a five thousand if you're a corporate person.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 1: Not sure how many every day Australian struggling with the cost of living crisis can splash out on those exorbitant amounts to watch various Indigenous celebrations and speakers, including the Prime Minister. But if it's not your cup of tea, never fear. I listened to the Prime Minister's speech at Garma this weekend so that you did not have to. Of course, the speech kicked off with loads of acknowledgements, well, thank you so much.
Speaker 17: I begin by acknowledging the people are the your no, their elders, ladies and families who have contributed so much to Australia. In particular, I acknowledge to gumach Klan, whose lands we are meeting on today.
Speaker 1: And then, of course came the entirely appropriate and sincere acknowledgment by the Prime Minister that the failure of the Voice referendum was entirely the fault of his own laziness in not reading the detail, and hubris and arrogance in thrusting this massive constitutional racist change upon an unwilling and skeptical public to guarantee his own place in the pantheon of labor heroes. Sorry, I'm kidding. What he actually gave us was the long and rambling account of how he had campaigned for the Voice, knowing all along that it might fail, but he did so because of his and his colleagues conviction which they clearly still hold that this was the right thing to do.
Speaker 9: Together, we go of our all.
Speaker 1: And we fell short.
Speaker 17: I understand, particularly for those who are dedicated years of their life to this cause, that the pain is still raw.
Speaker 1: To add insult to injury, the Prime Minister then dismissed the more than sixty percent of Australians that's you me opposed to the voice and to treaties and to Macarata and to all that malarkey, by saying it will all go ahead anyway.
Speaker 17: In this we welcome the work that state and territory governments are doing to advance treaties, agreement making and truth telling processes. Every approach is different.
Speaker 5: That's a good thing.
Speaker 17: It reflects the fact that the process is being shaped by First Nations people in each jurisdiction. Our government supports all of the efforts. We want to see them succeed and we will give them the time and space to do so. We remain committed to Macarata.
Speaker 1: Despite the fact sixty percent of the nation voted against it. Mister Albanesi, the Prime Minister also failed to mention that the two years Australian politics wasted on the referendum did nothing to help close the gap, indeed arguably exacerbated the problems. But mister Albanesi made it clear he wasn't there at Gama to dwell on the past, although he did an awful lot of that, but rather to offer Indigenous Australians a bright new future built around jobs and education. Excellent. That's what we've been saying here on the show. That's what you sent a namba jimp to Price. I've been saying, you'ng go Warren Mundane. We've all been saying that for so long. Jobs, jobs, jobs. Who can argue with that?
Speaker 5: Aha?
Speaker 1: But unfortunately, as there always is with labor, there was a catch. Most ideological left wing politician, it would appear, only wants a certain type of job for Indigenous Australians, ideologically driven green jobs.
Speaker 17: And right now changes in the global economy, I'm opening up these possibilities. Growing global demand for renewable energy, critical minerals and rare earths represents an unprecedented opportunity for our nation and for Northern Australia because the North is home to so many of the resources the world needs to make the transformation to klean energy and so much of the space and sunlight. Australia needs to become a renewable energy superpower. This is the biggest change in the global economy since the Industrial Revolution, and it also represents the best chance Australia has ever had to bring genuine self determination and lasting economic empowerment to remote communities.
Speaker 1: So let's be brutally clear here, Anthony Albanezi is directly linking the hopes and dreams of Indigenous Australians for a brighter economic future to his government's obsessive, insane green renewables ideology. Albanesi, at his speech in Gama, was literally saying that the only way forward for Indigenous Australians is to embrace his green ideology, even throwing in a spurious comment about the Industrial Revolution for good measure. He then goes on to reinforce this concept not once, but twice more, just in case you didn't get at the first time round.
Speaker 17: New careers in clean energy, construction, the care economy, technology, infrastructure and resources. These are creators of intergenerational opportunity, the same purpose under rights the community benefit principles in our Landmark Future Made in Australia Act that we introduced on the last parliamentary sitting day. We want government investment to drive engagement between businesses and communities, maximizing local jobs and long term benefit. And we want to see the same commitment in the First Nation's Clean Energy strategy we're developing with the States and territories. We want projects generating energy on country to bring new economic empowerment to communities.
Speaker 1: So did you catch that First Nations Clean Energy strategy directly linked to Albanese's laughable futures made in Australia campaign. A cynic would be correct in seeing nothing but left wing ideological boondoggles. Writ large. What the real message from Garma for Indigenous Australians is is this the future prosperity of Indigenous Australians depends entirely on labor and their allies in the Greens and the Teals being correct about another one of their ideological convictions, the climate change ideology, Your future prosperity Indigenous Australia is linked solely to the renewables industry. Yet again, just as they did with the Voice, the Albanesi mob are putting ideology first and are using Indigenous Australians to push their insane climate change green agenda. You think I'm being unfair, hardly forget about jobs, jobs, jobs, It's ideology first and foremost. And to prove the point, here's Albanese only last week at the New South Wales Labor Conference, shutting down down a potential uranium mine in the Northern Territory.
Speaker 17: Linda's approach has been defined by respect, listening and cooperation, doing things with communities, not to them, And today there is a fitting final chapter in the story. Today I'm proud to announce that our government will be working with the traditional owners to make Jabaluka part of Kakadoo National Park.
Speaker 9: Once and for all.
Speaker 17: This means they will never be mining at Jabaluka.
Speaker 1: Got that there will never be mining at Jabaluka? Oh oh, I thought we were about making jobs. No, then this is some kind of sop to Linda Bernie the failed Voice Minister. The Albanezi government is closing down a potential uranium mine by absorbing it into Kakadoo ideology. Trump's jobs every time, and the lesson to Indigenous Australians. Sure or will back you and help you if you want investment in renewables, but will block you if you want investment in nuclear power. This is a disgrace. Labor are literally tying the future prosperity of Indigenous Australians Boom to a green fantasy. There is no evidence whatsoever that Australia will ever lay claim to being a renewable energy superpower. Maybe we will, maybe we won't. The green hydrogen myth has yet to see any credible future. With investors already turning away, we are being warned we face blackouts and an uncertain future for our grid. Companies are admitting they can't reach their net zero targets. Countries in Europe and around the world are either ramping up their nuclear industries or they are re embracing fossil fuels to maintain the grid. Linking a bright future for Indigenous Australians directly to grid ma, green energy and climate change dogma is a cruel and unconscionable act of either monumental stupidity or arrogant ideological self belief. Indeed, the Albanesi government is so determined that they are on the right path they are prepared to demonize and shut down the one proven resource that Indigenous Australians should be able to rely on for future prosperity uranium. This week Labour shut down one of the world's largest potential sources of uranium. Jabluka and Albanizi even had the goal to reiterate this hypocritical message at Gama. It's loud applause. You couldn't make this stuff up.
Speaker 17: Just as we will continue to work with local leaders and traditional owners, as we are with the Mirror people answering their calls to bring Jabbaluka into Kakadu National Park, we will keep their land safe from uranium mining once and for all.
Speaker 1: Having duped Indigenous Australians into believing left wing ideology I either voice could deliver to them a political future, and failing, Labor and Albanesi are now trying the same trick all over again, duping Indigenous Australians into thinking green renewables ideology will deliver to them a glorious economic future when the evidence from around the world is that it never will. How cruel and patronizing and dangerous can Anthony Albanesi get promising Indigenous Australians a glorious, prosperous future laden with jobs and investments, but only if they embrace his green climate change, anti nuclear renewables madness joining us now, as I Said's fund manager Willi Packer. Prime Minis strength Andy Alberanesi announced on Saturday Jabaluka will be added to Kakadu National Park and after Northern Territory Government confirmed it would not renew the Jabaluka mineral lease on the advice of the federal government. Albanesi quote. This means there will never be mining at Jabbaluka, the mirror. People have loved and cared for their land for more than sixty thousand years. Our government will work for them to keep it. Saved YadA Yad, the managing director of Packer and Co. Says that Jabaluka is arguably the world's best uranium deposit, the best. With resources in the ground worth over fifty billion dollars, Jabaluka would provide the critical uranium fuel to power one percent of the world's energy grid with carbon free electricity for the next fifty years. Willie Packer, thanks for coming on outsiders. You're up in broom there. Thanks for coming here. This is unbelievable. You're an investor, you're one of the investors, key investor in Jabaluka. You learned last week that that investment you're millions of dollars that's gone. Tell us all about it and what this means for jobs for Indigenous Australians and for the uranium industry.
Speaker 14: So first up, Jabaluka is not the mind you just showed in the picture, which is the old Ranger mine. It's just a bit of land which is about forty kilometers north of Ranger and it's potentially the Jabluka depositive. Uranium is below the surface by three hundred feet and will be accessed as an underground mind with no big mess on the surface, and it can be treated miles away. It can supply ten percent of the world's uranium. And as you might know that at twenty twenty eight last year, the leaders of the world vowed to increase nuclear power by threefold by twenty fifty. Now that's going to need a lot of uranium. And this deposit is the biggest deposit in the undeveloped posit in the world, and it can do tempescent of the world's uranium. It could offset one three hundredth of the world's carbon emissions. And this is what people, you know, if we're thinking about the environment. It's something it's a dead set winner. You won't see any surface disturbance of any note and it will do wonders for carbon dioxide and looked at another way, it could offset thirty percent of Australia's emissions.
Speaker 1: And Willie, you've invested in this, mind, so what were you consulted about that suddenly goes into Kakadu? And that said the Prime Minister boasted twice at the New South Wales Labor Conference and then again at Gama Festival yesterday that no mining uranium mining will ever occur at Jabaluka. What happens to your investment and your investors, Well.
Speaker 5: We're not sure.
Speaker 14: We've got a thousand investors in my fund that's invested in it and meanwhile nine thousand other shareholders and you know, basically it's been compulsory acquired, so hopefully we're just compensation from the government and you know it's probably it's worth I believe two and a half three billion dollars at the current situation. You know it because it is blocked by the Mirror people. They've got a permanent veto over it, over developing it. So it wasn't ever going to be developed anyway, but it was always optional, it was always able to be developed. So when the future generations of Mirror decide that they'd like to get one hundred or more million a year in royalties, which is what they've been receiving, then they can do it. And meanwhile, the Australian government would receive was open today five hundred million dollars a year in tax revenue. So this is huge over it's lifetime, and it's over it's lifetime. It would pay for one of the submarines ten to fifteen billion dollars to this alien coffers, and we've shut that down and at the same time increased carbon emissions around the world by one three hundred by not allowing it to happen.
Speaker 4: GTA one hundred million in royalties per year. Would there also be job opportunities for the local population there if this project were to go ahead.
Speaker 14: The old range of mind that you saw before, the open pit that's fifty kilometers south, that employed one hundred indigenous people and in the area there's five hundred Indigenous people and the Mirror, which is the group stopping at the ad digital owners stopping at this thirty five. So the money was spread around previously. The one hundred million that you know went to actually two hundred million was paid out before the mind that range of mind shot, and that was spread around a bit, but mainly I think a lot went to the Mirror tribe.
Speaker 1: James, what is the objection of the Mirror tribe?
Speaker 6: Why are they holding out on what seems like it would be a very big win for everybody.
Speaker 14: Well, I think the leaders Evon Margarilla, and she's always had an objection to it. Her father was the one I think who signed up to it and gave its clearance to go ahead. But she's always objected, and you know that's her right and and that's that's great. But in the future and the people there might well decide we need this money and it can help, you know, I think you've seen just Center Price pushing for that. Indigenous people should own their own resource and they should get the money for themselves and have the right to invest them. And basically, you know, they could get one hell of a lot of money every year for thirty forty fifty years, depending on you know, how far this goes down deep and it's it's open and.
Speaker 1: So what do you make of Prime Minister Alban Easy at Gama, spooking all these amazing jobs that are going to come along in the future. It's going to be this and green investments and renewables and all the rest at the same time, the very same time as shutting down the proven technology and market for one of the world's great uranium deposits. Is this coherence? Does it make any sense to you?
Speaker 14: The problem you have with renewables up there in the Northern Territory is you haven't got a market for the energy, and so you've got a situation where hydrogen doesn't travel well, it doesn't go down pipelines well, it's very corrosive and it's extremely difficult to transport. It always seems to disappear to such a small atom, and so hydrogen economy up there is extremely tricky, and there's not enough demand for electricity. And actually what's happening in modern territory at the moment is they shutting the Gove alumina refinery in some I think in the next six years, and then they are shutting the Grout Island and so half the royalties of the Northern Territory which they receive to the Norn territory government will be disappearing over the next six years. So it's the Norton Territory is fast becoming a Mendican state. So I call it where it just relies on payments from the conwealth unbelievable.
Speaker 1: I think Anthony Albis Albanizi called that the care economy, where the government will care for you and look after you. Meanwhile, they're shutting down industry. Willie Packer, They're an investor in Jabaluka and this week the Albanezi government shuts it down, slams down its future. Thanks so much for talking to us, Willy. After the break, James' donkey vote and speak to former senior Trump advisor Christian Week about what's happening in the US.
Speaker 5: In a tick, Hello and welcome back to the program.
Speaker 6: I'm James Morrow, and you're watching Outsiders, the number one show on Sky. Thank you so much for watching with reader Unburdened, panihy and Rowan Coconut Tree.
Speaker 1: Dean.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna get to Kamala Harris in.
Speaker 6: A moment, but before that, let me remind you that Joe Biden, Yes, that Joe Biden is still President of the United States and let's check in on how he's going. Shall we watch here as the President, for reasons best known to himself, decides to walk up the steps of the jet that brought home American prisoners slash hostages just released by Russia. As Kamala Harris and other amused, all lookers wonder, just what is he doing here? I'll tell you what they say, I can't walk up a flight of plane step. Well, I'll show them anyway. Then a full two minutes later he emerges. Now some Biden apologists are claiming that he was just going up to say hi to the crew.
Speaker 5: Remember these are.
Speaker 6: The same Biden apologists who said the President, yes he is still the President, that he was fine when he was zoning out at the G seven in Italy. And as far as I'm concerned, the man doesn't know where he is or what he's doing. And it looks like he was just like, oh, plane steps, better show them, I still got it. And remember he is the only this guy, Joe Biden, is the only person on Earth with the authority to launch an American nuclear counter strike. As if sleeping wasn't hard enough. And I'm worry these days. God, look at where we are anyway on to Biden's number two or is she now one and a half?
Speaker 5: Kamala Harris.
Speaker 6: For the past two weeks, America and the world have thrilled to the closest thing the US will ever get to a coronation, the Democrats anointment of Kamala Harris as their unlikely dragon slayer to take on their great foe, Donald J.
Speaker 5: Trump.
Speaker 6: And, like her predecessor and with all the dignity befitting a new crown princess, she has not sat down for any interviews with the grubby press, not done a hard hitting interview, not done a press conference, but her verbal skills were still on display again with this one question she did take from the press, taking.
Speaker 12: Up this is just an extraordinary testament to the importance of having the president who understands the power of diplomacy and understands the strength that rests in understanding the significance of diplomacy and strengthening alliances. This is an incredible day.
Speaker 5: Did you hear your eyes on Joe Biden?
Speaker 1: There?
Speaker 6: Seriously, there's not a bouncer in Sydney that would have let that guy out of the guy that out of it into their pub But at least she understands the strength of the power of the understanding of diplomacy or something like that. And you can see why now they're keeping her in basically witness or witness protection program until the election. Catchs you, I mean earlier in the day she gave a brief statement to the press. But as her old boss Joe Biden was in the habit of doing, she has mastered the art of the walk away lest she put her foot in it again.
Speaker 1: Thank you all my present.
Speaker 4: Will you be meeting Heaven and Paul when they retire?
Speaker 5: She learned from the master.
Speaker 6: It's a bit late in the game now, of course, for a new pandemic to let her campaign do the entire campaign for the basement like Joe did in twenty twenty. So I guess that's the best we're going to do for a while. But despite the sort of deep coordination between the ruling party and the media to talitarian states can only dream of.
Speaker 5: There have been some miscues like this. It appears some.
Speaker 6: Staffer ahead of the expected announcement of Kamala Harris's running mate, supposed to be at an event in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, this coming Tuesday.
Speaker 5: Well, they hit the go.
Speaker 6: Button on an ad revealing that the vice presidential pick just well be Pennsylvania Governor Josh Shapiro.
Speaker 7: Are we ready to fight for he?
Speaker 4: She is the right person at the right time for this job that's.
Speaker 3: Gonna do right by labor. We're gonna do right by working people.
Speaker 1: And I can't be of a better apartment than governor.
Speaker 6: Could this have been a massive mistake by the Kamala campaign or maybe they let that out, But the campaign is foxing us all having cut ads for all sorts of different shortlisted vice presidential candidates. We'll find out soon. But Shapiro would certainly be an interesting choice. He might help deliver votes in a crucial state where people will be furious at Kamala Harris's multiple pledges to ban fracking, that being Pennsylvania. But on the other hand, the fact that he's I wish would surely infuriate the hard left, kafia clad brownshirt wing of the Democrat Party. And he's also, I have to say, very articulate, far more so than Harris, and he'll be upstaging her every step of the way. If he is picked, he'll want to be articulate too, because Mark my words. We're going to hear a lot more about Josh Shapiro, including a bizarre case of a young Pennsylvania woman who was stabbed to death in twenty eleven in her Philadelphia apartment, yet whose death by what the medical examiner found were as many as twenty stab wounds, was ruled a suicide and signed off on by a young local attorney general named that's the guy, Josh Shapiro. There's also claims that Shapiro acted improperly in hushing up a sexual harassment case involved a mail of his made of his for three hundred thousand dollars and failing to keep such a thing from happening in the first place in the office he ran so interesting times. But before anyone gets to cocky on the right, this choice is not a walk up hit for the Trump cap which has spent the last week arguing over whether Kamala Harris is black or Indian rather than punching hard on the economy, crime, and borders. In the meantime, this week, Harris will hold events in Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Michigan, North Carolina, Georgia, Arizona, and Nevada. She's on the road, on the road and there is this. In July, she raised a record three hundred and ten million dollars to Trump's one hundred and thirty eight million dollars. Even if some of that's funny money, and I'm sure it is, it's still money. And the battle for president is now well and truly joined finally in just over a on New York. Judge, let's keep this in mind while Merrichohn also presides over the sentencing of Donald Trump, which could add yet another wrinkle to this already wild race.
Speaker 1: Great, thanks, James. Let's bring in former Trump senior advisor Christian Witten live from Colorado. Christian, great to see you as always, So just give us your thoughts somewhere away at the very moment. Is Donald Trump up to beating? Can he beat Kamala Harris? Will Kamala Harris implode? What's your take? Oh?
Speaker 3: I think?
Speaker 8: So?
Speaker 18: You know, this was a big rollout of Kamala and a lot of the public wasn't all that familiar with her, even though she has been vice president, and almost all of the media, including media that sometimes will lean a little bit right, was just effusive in praise and so happy that Joe was out and Kamala was in and despite that, wald to while coverage of positive of pro Kamala press, if you look at the polls, they only tightened a little bit, and in swing states they really don't look good for the Democrats. As time goes by, you know, questions about why she won't take real questions from reporters. That's pretty odd because most of these reporters are very pro Democrat. If she actually does get into a debate with Donald Trump, probably isn't going to do good because she's never really had an adversarial situation. You know, the big thing coming up will be her choice of vice president. That often doesn't make a huge difference in a presidential race, but it is sort of viewed as as your first big decision as a candidate on the national stage.
Speaker 9: So we'll see if she gets a bump from that in the Democrat convention.
Speaker 18: But ultimately, I don't think it will be hard for Trump to tie her to out of control inflation and a terrible foreign policy.
Speaker 4: Well, I'll tell you, I'm devastated We're not going to see a Kamala jd vance debate that ah my gosh, she's so refusing to accept this invitation to debate Donald Trump in front of a live audience. She wants the old conditions that Biden got that Trump agreed to. When are we going to see a debate and are they going to ever agree to terms? Because she wants the no audience ABC moderating, Trump wants an audience and he wants Fox News to be broadcasting it. So how are they going to meet in the middle.
Speaker 18: Well, Trump is also engaged again in litigation against ABC for libel and one of its top political guys, George Stepaniflos, So I don't see them coming to agreement on that. He hasn't mentioned that that much, but that's got to be a factor. As for Fox, I don't know why Harris is concerned. Fox is, of course viewed as a center right Certainly you'll see more conservative voices on Fox than you will on CNN or MSNBC here in the United States. But the two debate moderators who are proposed are considered very fair, and I frankly would throw some hard balls at Donald Trump. So I think Kamala Harris they're trying to pull a bi and they're trying to see if she can pull ahead in the polls with the help of the media and by not exposing herself to the public. Accept in very careful circumstances. But if the polls aren't looking good, I think that will push her out of desperation to accept a debate. I think we probably will see one after all, James.
Speaker 6: And how do you make the way the media has been just relentlessly they've decided to focus on jd Vance I think almost more than Donald Trump. The whole idea of the cat lady comments and things like that, which I think a lot of people understood the context in which he was talking about, but they seem to be using this as a way to activate young, urban, affluent liberal females. And is this strategy, How is the strategy going to play out there in broader America or more Middle America is going to say, well, there's kind of something more going on here.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think it's not going to hurt.
Speaker 18: I mean, as far as vice presidential candidates who've been a net drag on their tickets, Kamala Harris is one of them. Dan Quayle with George Bush in nineteen eighty eight and Sarah Palin in twenty oh eight. That's debated, but a lot of people think she may have been a drag. I personally think she actually excited the base more. It's not going to make a big difference. I don't think it sticks because once you actually watch jd vance, you see he's quite reasonable.
Speaker 9: You see he's a family man, and that's what he was talking about, and that sort of.
Speaker 1: Interrupted Chris will just have a quick play of that drab. So just have a listen exactly what you're talking about. His jd Evan's responding to some of those allegations.
Speaker 3: Here you got a.
Speaker 14: Former president's comments yesterday to the National Association of Black Journals where he said that vice present and Harris's quote all of a sudden black as a father of three biracial children.
Speaker 1: Did those comments give you pause it all?
Speaker 16: They don't give me pause at all. Look, all he said is that Kamala Harris is a chameleon. She goes to Georgia two days ago, she was raised in Canada, she puts on a fake Southern accent, She is everything to everybody, and she pint ins to be somebody different depending on which audience she's in front of. I think it's totally reasonable for the president to call that out and that's all he did. I mean, look, she's running as a tough on crime prosecutor, even though she implemented open border policies. She's saying that she wants to support the police, yet she wanted to defund the police just three years ago. It's totally reasonable to call out the fact that she pretends to be somebody different depending on the audience she's talking to.
Speaker 1: So a superbly professional response there, Christian, your thoughts very good.
Speaker 9: Yeah, well, it's a good pivot. I've coached people on making pivots like that.
Speaker 18: So you taught you take a question that may not be advantageous to you and turn turn it into what you want to talk about. Let's said, if I were advising Trump, I don't know if I would have come up with the idea of talking about Harris's background. Her mother's from India, her father's from Jamaica. But on the other hand, this is what the Democrats do. Everything is based on race. Kamala's rollout, I mean, they had sort of a dozen different zoom calls with various ethnic groups, including white dudes for Harris. It was very weird, and so to sort of undermine that the signal that you're not going to be afraid of the Aggrieved Black Woman Act, which the American people I think have never been on board with, going way back to nineteen ninety one when it was Clarence Thomas versus Supreme Court nominee versus lying Anita Hill. The public overwhelmingly supported Thomas and overwhelmingly wanted him confirmed, which he was confirmed. So I think a little bit of a display of fearlessness here is fine. But yes, ultimately people are really furious about inflation, and they see America losing on the world stage, and they see the crime in the city. So as quickly as they can get back to those issues, I hope they do.
Speaker 5: Absolutely.
Speaker 6: I mean, I think, you know, the Trump campaign needs to focus shortly on those sorts of hard issues because at the moment, it feels to me like Kamala Harris is this sort of blank canvas and everybody's allowed to project on her what they want because there hasn't been we know, because we watch this stuff all the time what her true progressive positions are, but most people just kind of see her as this kind of compassionate, progressive sort of person who has kind of a gen z millennial mentality despite being fifty nine.
Speaker 5: Is that a danger though for the Trump cap.
Speaker 9: It is I'd say it's a serious danger.
Speaker 18: And if you look, the Democrats have done this before because their national figures generally are disliked by the publics of Jimmy Carter in nineteen eighty was an unknown governor from the state of Georgia who was seen potentially as moderate governed as a liberal.
Speaker 9: Bill Clinton was a moderate former attorney general governor from.
Speaker 18: Arkansas, and even Michael Dukakis, who came from liberal Massachusetts, was seen as this potential breath of fresh air. At one point he led by double digits against then Vice President George H. W.
Speaker 1: Bush.
Speaker 18: But I think there's still enough time to define Harris for what she really is. And also the American people very I think attuned to the exodus of people and businesses from the state of California.
Speaker 9: Chevron, the big.
Speaker 18: Oil company just announced it's moving its headquarters from there to Texas, and so to paint her as.
Speaker 9: A San Francisco liberal.
Speaker 18: And Trump does have this ability even without Twitter, just because of the force of his personality and different social media to blast through that media that's against him, in reach that reached the people. And you're also I think seeing this in just the lack of enthusiasm among younger voters first for Biden and for Harris.
Speaker 9: I really you don't see any bumper stickers, You don't see any outward signs of excitement. So I think that that could be, you know, the decisive Christian.
Speaker 1: Always great to chat to you, thank you so much for coming and outsiders. We'll just play you a little bit of the cat ladies how they responded to being called cat ladies. And this is we'll go to a break straight after this. And this is pretty funny how the cat ladies responded to JD Van's brandishing people cat ladies.
Speaker 12: Child's cat ladies young and all cats are pleasure and.
Speaker 1: Warm.
Speaker 4: The labs, wha we scorn there, we spo.
Speaker 1: Cat's camber. We short, can they need us to do? And well, Jacob cats do the pola came with them. Lady, Roll up, roll up, step right this way. It's the wackiest show on earth. It's the Canberra clown Show where this week the reshuffled clowns were all determined to convince us that it's business as usual. In the Burly Griffin big Top and nothing has changed at all. Indeed, here is everybody's favorite japester, Murray what a clown, making quite clear to us at least that he has no real intention of doing anything whatsoever about Labour's dodgy relationships with the nefarious CFMU.
Speaker 19: I'm glad you raised that, Sarah, because obviously, as much as the CFMAU issues are a very high priority for me, my single highest priority in this job will to be to make sure that we continue delivering the higher wages and more secure jobs that our legislation has begun delivering.
Speaker 1: So what will be Murray, what a clown? Where will he be applying his laserlike focus and renowned skills to why winning the next selection.
Speaker 19: Of course, we don't have any immediate plans to introduce more industrial relations reform around workplace conditions this term. From our perspective, it's mostly about betting down the legislation that's been passed and importantly highlighting the risk that Australians face we see a change of governor the next election, and.
Speaker 5: What a joke.
Speaker 1: Almost as big a joke as reshuffled Claire O'Neil, who after overseeing the largest ever intake of immigrants onto these shores, has suddenly discovered We've got a housing crisis.
Speaker 20: There's no question that Australia is experiencing a housing crisis, and a lot of the people watching at home would be feeling that in their own lives paying too much in rent. Rent's going up too fast, and for a whole generation of young people, a sense that that dream of home ownership is slipping away.
Speaker 1: Oh really, Claire, and whose faults might that be? Not yours? No, no, never unbelievable, Almost as unbelievable as prime the strength in the Albernizi's response to the report by the Productivity Commission this week that surprise, surprise, despite all that faffing about with the Voice and macaratas and treaties, and the Northern Territory has recalled ordered the worst results of any Australian jurisdiction in the latest Closing the Gap report, overseeing a litany of increases in disparity between Indigenous and non Indigenous people in the top end over the past four years. Slow clap for the Labor Party, the Greens and of course the ever so sanctimonious and compassionate teals. How did Alba respond to the news why evasively?
Speaker 17: Of course I will be talking and making some announcements tomorrow at Gama, but I'll also be listening because quite clearly, when you look at the closing the gap targets, we are not doing well enough. As no government, regardless across the spectrum, federal or state or territory, has done enough.
Speaker 1: That's right, Albo, blame everybody else, because if all governments are to blame for the failure to close the gap, then obviously no one government can be held accountable. But allow me to squarely point the finger at you Prime Minister, your obsession with trying to make your mark in history, your vanity, your hubris, and your chronic laziness in not even reading all the detail. What was it you said? Why should I? Why should I read the detail?
Speaker 3: You said?
Speaker 1: Your arrogance and your appalling judgment meant Indigenous Australians were let up the garden path and when instead they should have been focusing on jobs and education for Aboriginal children communities. Instead they got the voice full stop. You are to blame, but clearly you had other things on your mind, such as introducing a new clown who's hoping to run away to join the circus, I mean caucus, your new member for Griffith, did I here with Renee coffee?
Speaker 17: A fantastic candidate, Paul Griffith. Renee is a progressive who'll get things done. He'll actually make a difference, not just protest, on issues like climate change, on affordable housing, on better education and health.
Speaker 4: Thanks PM, I'm so thrilled to have you here in beautiful Griffith.
Speaker 1: Hmmm. Progressive is getting things done? Is why we're in the mess. We are in interesting choice of candidate who is conveniently dressed in a teal colored shirt. That should do the trick. Speaking of which, have a look at this. Yes, that's a Jewish woman screaming out that Anoir. That's United Nation Reliefs and Works Agency. We've talked about a lot on the show that Anoir kidnapped her son. Remember this is This is the letter signed by every single member of the Teals demanding that Penny Wong and the Australian Government find alternatives to delivering humanityt terry in a degaza, or otherwise work out a way to restore funding by giving your tax dollars to Anwah, a woman screaming out for justice and claiming that UNWHI kidnapped her son. Have you heard from a single one of these teal women a leg responder, Kate Cheney, Zoey Daniel, Monique Ryan, A single one? You heard from a single one? Zalie Stegel, Sophie Scamp, Kylie Tink, A single one? Have they been out revoking their demand in that letter? A demand which may result in your tax dollars going to the barbarians of Unwah. No, no, not a word, no ladies, no neither of I. As I always say, do yourself a faith and turf out a teal. But finally, no circus actors complete without the biggest clown of them all, crisp O and drum roll. Here he is sprooking his nonsensical net zero garbage.
Speaker 21: We know the opportunities are enormous for Australia and New Zealand to be key parts of the supply chain for sustainable aviation fuel across not just our region but the world.
Speaker 1: And then right on que A, New Zealand announced it will never ever ever meet its net zero target. Have you ever met a bigger clown than Chris Bowen, what would Steve Miller say? Hyperbole? Hyperbole as pronounced by Julia Gillard extreme. You have a listen to Kamala Harris getting very excited or not about Christmas.
Speaker 12: And when we all sing happy tunes and sing Merry Christmas and wish each other merry Christmas, these children are not going to have a merry Christmas.
Speaker 4: How dare we speak merry Christmas?
Speaker 1: How dare we? How dare we speak merry Christmas?
Speaker 5: Reader, James?
Speaker 4: How dare we speak merry Christmas? With her face? That should be for the Republicans. That's the real Kamala right there. This notion that she is a moderate, she's a centrist. Her voting record as a Senator the most radically left off any senator, and every position she has championed over the last decade at least has been like that.
Speaker 6: Wait sorry, sorry, sorry, yes, I know she was doing her hold Greta Thunberg impersonation there with the hell, let's not forget let's not forget this reader. She's also kind of dip. Have a look at her here talking about what she would do about inflation.
Speaker 12: Prices have gone up and families and individuals are dealing with the realities of that bread costs more, the gas costs more, and we have to understand what that means. That's about the cost of living going up. That's about having to stress and stretch limited resources.
Speaker 4: I lost about ten points just trying to get through that. And Trump today at the Georgia rally spoke about just how radically left he she is. So he's finally focusing on her record, which I think is going to be very well because the media is not doing it.
Speaker 1: Before we play the Trump clip, James that I mean, we laugh about that inflation clip, but that is serious, I mean blueless, you know.
Speaker 6: And it's like, and there's so many because here's the thing. Everybody is now going and looking for things she has said in the past because she's not saying anything new now. So all of these clips here she really comes off as just being so not across any of the stuff that she's supposed to talk about, and she's just grasping forwards. She's like Bart Simpson trying to give a book report and he hasn't read the books.
Speaker 5: So it's like, oh, well, yeah.
Speaker 1: That version.
Speaker 4: I prefer that version, the inept clueless version. Then where she actually speaks with passion because you know what, she has backed the Let's have a look.
Speaker 8: Kamala's radical ideas belong in a San Francisco commune filled with far left frinks, but.
Speaker 9: They do not belong in the White House. They do not belo in the United States.
Speaker 2: This November, Georgia is going to tell Kamala that we will not let her.
Speaker 1: Turn America into a communist country.
Speaker 4: Well, there you go, she's a San Francisco Liberal, I mean, and then trust me, in America, those words mean something.
Speaker 6: It does with this, they're gonna fact check this. They're gonna do a whole fact checking. Oh well, Kamala Harris never said anything about endorsing communism, so therefore, you know, Donald Trump gets a bunch of Pinnocchio's as you say read it. You're right, people understand what that code is there for San Francisco liberals.
Speaker 5: But you know, Kamala Harris, she.
Speaker 6: Is trying to skate through on the vibe and people who just think passion is a consumer good and don't really care about what that means. They just want to go along to be seen to be being nice.
Speaker 1: Well, absolutely going to stay on top of that but a quick bit of instant kama. Let's hit. He end the show on some good news instant karma. Here's a sting.
Speaker 8: Mm.
Speaker 1: Well it happened to Ismael Hannie who went along to welcome in the new Iranian president. Sat there going death to Israel, death to America, and then got blown up by the Israelis and a couple of hours.
Speaker 7: Later Israel he could have There you go, Outsiders, there you go, and that's it.
Speaker 1: We'll see you know, a little bit of instant karma, and we'll see you next Sunday here on Outsiders, See you