Speaker 1: We got get morning every day, Adelaide. Really it is so time for it.
Speaker 2: Let's go girl white, Yeah, the girls, yeah, the girls.
Speaker 1: Girls took me a hot minute.
Speaker 3: But I got it.
Speaker 4: These are the conversations that US ladies have offware and we're like, you know what, screw, let's talk about it on air.
Speaker 1: Why not got news reader Abby in with us?
Speaker 5: I don't know in morning.
Speaker 4: It's a fluctuating relationship status single this week?
Speaker 1: What are we doing hooking up?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 1: Just live in life?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, live life, love abs. That's what we always say. Yeah, we got producers are in with us as well in the twenties. Loves a job, we presume.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we've laughed over live.
Speaker 4: Laugh Nova on what we always say. We need to talk about pick up lines, please we do.
Speaker 7: All right, I'm on Hinge again. I'm on the dating app. Thank you Andrew for the of coause. So I got out of my last placeship about three months ago and going back on here and you see the old regulars app do you very familiar?
Speaker 3: Hop back on? You're like, you're still here? I haven't found someone all good.
Speaker 1: That's a massive red flag, isn't it.
Speaker 3: I guess so? But here I am back on it.
Speaker 7: So and this bloke who will not be named, who i'd met before my last partner, saw me on it again and thought, oh, shoot my shirt again and this is how he opened it.
Speaker 3: Not gonna lie.
Speaker 7: I thought you and that last fellow were pretty solid. Guess my judgment sucks. I'm not sure why he thought that would work.
Speaker 1: Is that that is such your backhanded compliment? Yeah, like I thought you were in a good relationship. It turns out you suck at them.
Speaker 7: Turns out you're a failure want a hooker? I wouldn't have thought. So it did get me talking to some of the girls though about the most outrageous pick up lines you come across on these apps, because there are a lot, they're a bit outrageous.
Speaker 3: I'm sure you've come across one or two.
Speaker 4: Yes, just sure she's written a few.
Speaker 5: I'm a pickup line gal, But I do remember so working in hospitality, it was so much easier to meet people. And also when I wanted to get on someone's radar, I just give them a little free drink. Just give me a free drink anyway, So.
Speaker 1: One particularly that please.
Speaker 5: So one particular night I went to the pub and I wasn't working the pub that I was working out, I wasn't working, and I was all dressed up. We've been out and they were getting absolutely pumped, and I said, let me behind the bar and I'll help, and my boss went, ye, all right, go on.
Speaker 8: Then.
Speaker 5: So I'm behind the bar in this beautiful dress heels, and I'm serving people just being an absolutely the e because I'm probably drunken than them. And one guy goes, that is such a beautiful dress, and I went, oh my god, thank you so much. And he goes, it'll look better on my bedroom floor. And did it work?
Speaker 2: Did it work?
Speaker 5: Maybe?
Speaker 4: Do you want to know what's really disturbing about that pickup line? That was the one that I was going to use for the one that Gregor gott he used one?
Speaker 2: Greg said that certainly worse.
Speaker 5: Later say yeah, you got marrying kids out of it, And I did.
Speaker 4: That is as you're saying, I'm going, no, no, oh my god, this guy's shot is shot, and yeah he did.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 2: It's a good Ones thirteen, twenty fourteen. Best maybe worst pick up lines that you've used or had used on you. Yes, of course we get on air. You gounderstand by this ten k may. I've got some ladies, okay, you want to hear them. And I haven't necessarily used these, but I've seen these and you just wonder if they work or not. Some of these are on Reddit as well, a little bit dodgy. I like this one though it is, hey girl, you a fire alarm because you're really loud and annoying. I'm not sure how much that one's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and what time is it?
Speaker 2: Is it early enough for me to say this one? I'm just going to go for it. Okay, you remind me of my little toe. I'll probably bang you on the coffee table later when I'm drunk.
Speaker 9: And also very.
Speaker 2: Much this one, Hey girl, is your beaver because damn looking at because of a beaver's association with building down.
Speaker 1: Okay if you.
Speaker 5: Said that with the.
Speaker 2: Not now, not ever, Joe's still at the bar trying to work out what Beaver's doing. It's talking some of those best pickup lines that just took you to the next.
Speaker 4: Level, you know, Yeah, just some really unbelievable lines going out there, a lot of which we couldn't read out on the road to be.
Speaker 2: Fair saucy, lot of saucy lines getting used with some success as well.
Speaker 1: It's interesting, is so we had some success.
Speaker 7: I know, I've just bagged pickup lines on apps, but then I've also admitted that my last relationship started with a pickup line on it AP, which was he sent me a message saying, have you got any raisins?
Speaker 3: I said no, and he said how about a date?
Speaker 2: So the immediate response to that one.
Speaker 7: I thank god he was good looking, because at first I thought that's tragic, but we donated for you.
Speaker 4: I tell you what, though, Like it's a very precarious position, and I feel sorry for men because like it can either really hit or miss, can't It can either be super cheesy or actually that's quite clever.
Speaker 3: I would argue ninety nine percent of the time it's a miss.
Speaker 2: I would have thought, and news red Abby, who has been on the end of a few and has thrown a few of these pickup lines out there as well, I would have thought that was a straight away. When you're a situation where you're getting a pickup line delivered to you, you're probably on the back foot. Is it almost a bit of a red flag?
Speaker 5: I yeah, but I would say, like sometimes yes, okay, it can be clever half the time, though they're a bit cheeky. But people have lost I'm gonna sound so old. People have lost the art of conversation. They have so you go to a pub and people sit there on their phones, head down instead of looking up. And I've watched it. You see these men who they struggle to even just go, hey, how are you going? It's not hard to start a conversation. Hi, how are you? What's your name? Where are you from? What are you doing here?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Right, okay, I think I was.
Speaker 7: Pickup lines existed well before phones, and they are going strong still.
Speaker 2: Okay, thirty twenty four ten your best, maybe worst pickup lines. Go on, see if you can get producers Zoe or maybe have you on?
Speaker 3: So true? We're single?
Speaker 2: Just try to pick us up this one then, ladies, I'll try a few hours. Just pretend I'm a younger, handsome bloke at the bar, just trying to work the art of conversation. What there do you like science? Because I've got my ion? You ion? That's clever? Oh do you know it's on the menu? Me and you?
Speaker 3: Oh clever?
Speaker 1: That's not bad?
Speaker 2: Are you're a bank line? Because you've got my interest as well. If you're a triangle, you'd be a cute one.
Speaker 3: Oh that's good. Aute.
Speaker 5: I walked off after the first one. I also love I also love how you dinged yourself. You keep yourself.
Speaker 1: This is what happens when he's in charge of the button.
Speaker 2: You guys don't have access to the button. What about this? On a scale of one to ten, you're a nine and I'm the one you need? You want me to ding that joke?
Speaker 4: You're genuinely going okay till then that moment that was truly dreadful.
Speaker 1: Let's go go the phones. Thirteen twenty four to ten. Good morning, Kaylor, Good morning, How are you good?
Speaker 3: Good?
Speaker 1: Has this been used on you?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 10: No, but I kind of want it.
Speaker 1: To use for me, all right?
Speaker 4: Hit us?
Speaker 8: Do you believe in love at first fight?
Speaker 2: Or should I walk past you again?
Speaker 1: Or just do a lack?
Speaker 2: If that was delivered to you, Kaylor, your immediate response is, well amen.
Speaker 1: Let's go, Thank you so much, Kayla, Good morning, Haley.
Speaker 3: Hello, how are we good?
Speaker 7: Good?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 1: What'd you pick up? Line?
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 7: Are you a parking ticket?
Speaker 2: Because you've got fine written all over? It's good isn't it.
Speaker 1: Hope is working on you, Hailey.
Speaker 3: It didn't work on.
Speaker 2: Me, absolutely not, especially when you're aggressive. You're like, what do you mean? Did I park in a cleeyways? How much is it worth? Fifty bucks?
Speaker 1: Again, Hailey, thank you so much for the call.
Speaker 5: He's where you're waking up to Adelaide.
Speaker 2: What's the news today, snooziness.
Speaker 4: Well, if you're just getting up to go to the gym or getting up to go to work, will you're coming home from work, you need to know the top three stories that in the last twelve to twenty four hours.
Speaker 1: Let's go to news read Abbey.
Speaker 5: First of all, good morning, Happy Tuesday to you.
Speaker 1: Just couldn't let it go good yomp a.
Speaker 5: So today we're talking about the Southeastern Freeway. Basically, obviously it's a very notorious intersection at the bottom of that freeway we've had over the last or ten to fifteen years. Trucks lose their breaks and they come down and they've got nowhere to go, they've got nowhere to stop. So basically, the state government is investing one hundred million dollars. The federal government is then investing another one hundred million, and they're looking at some key initiatives to basically try and stop anyone else from being killed after a truck rolled last week. Luckily the driver walked away with some serious injuries, but he'll be okay. Essentially, what they're looking at doing is moving the traffic lights back forty meters. There was discussion that they were going to put another arrested bed in, but the Transport Minister, Tom Cookson Tonas doesn't think the trucks will use it, so they're going to bring the lights back forty meters, which then means that if the trucks lose their breaks, they don't barrel through cars and they can kind of make it like a managed motorway. So if things start going haywire earlier on means I've got longer to try and stop it and stop them from getting into cars. I don't see how it's going to work at all. But they've had a round table, they've talked to about it with key industry stakeholders. So this is what they've come up with.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right, why don't they use the arrest of beds because they get fined.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've heard that they get fined, and I don't know if it's them personally. I think it's the companies that they work for, So that's what I've been told anyway.
Speaker 1: But you look at the alternative exactly.
Speaker 4: There's been so many horrible accidents there and people have lost their lives.
Speaker 5: And we had we had those nine people luckily didn't die, but we're injured in twenty twenty two. It's shocking there, you go.
Speaker 4: I just get nervous sitting there. Yeah, it's not use the freeze freeway a lot and I always want to sit there. I'm just very very edgy with the Kinsninger.
Speaker 2: Yeah, watch the space come with big decisions to be made. Some footy news around the out as well, by the way, not good news for Crows fans. Oh hi sack Ranking three weeks downstream, Oh dear.
Speaker 5: You and he can do rehub together.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, it's so cute.
Speaker 2: That's where the similarity is finished. Three weeks unfortunate was a dying seconds as well when Ranking was almost of his own boot trying to win the game on the weekend against the Pies. And he's right now in that sort of all Australian form as well, so that is really quite tragical.
Speaker 1: When he ran about ten meters and then got pinned by the umpires.
Speaker 9: Good.
Speaker 2: Thanks, Well, he actually ran, they measured hims running his twenty four meters, you ran to run fifteen. But he's so quick that when he runs twenty four meters it's probably the same time that a normal person runs fifteen meters.
Speaker 1: So are you saying the umpire was right?
Speaker 2: Well, technically the umpire was right, but also we will the moment.
Speaker 1: We much prefer to blame Collingwood in this space.
Speaker 2: I know our good friend, our good friend, Graham Corns said on the weekend, and I completely agree with him. I just wonder if the ball was in the hands of Joshua Nick Dakos, Yes, whether the mPire would have blame the whistle.
Speaker 4: I wonder how much the umpire fear for their lives going to their cars after a game out of Collingwood loss.
Speaker 1: That's what I reckon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he updated his well from Port Adelaida. Oli wines he's going to be okay to play this weekend. So he does have a hard condition, so it's not unusual for him to have situations where he has heart palpitations. He's on medication and being cleared to play this weekend against a ruse. Okay, So there you go, a bit of a health scare, but in.
Speaker 1: Clear a lot for a young man to deal with this.
Speaker 2: So there you go. That's your post a snooze news.
Speaker 1: I had it so old, then, didn't you.
Speaker 5: A lot for.
Speaker 1: A young man in this day and age, A young man health problem so early, and I'm so proud of him. I'm very proud of my only.
Speaker 2: Nine minutes past six. I'm very proud of the way that you delivered the first question for the six fifteen Vendom Machine quiz.
Speaker 1: Each and every morning, Joe, don't speak too soon this morning.
Speaker 5: You do it so well normally, double check the top of the sheet says Tuesday, not Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Okay, thanks abs.
Speaker 2: Or it's this space we'll get back to asaps.
Speaker 10: Case is a raining sun call super neir Borld Champion Geez that rolls off the tongue. She's a south I was born and bred and we're dinner. Playing for the Mighty Magpies netball club. She captains the t Burs in their quest for back to back premierships.
Speaker 1: See us together here if you need please.
Speaker 10: Welcome to the studio.
Speaker 1: Hannah Petty, good morning. How to welcome to the studio morning.
Speaker 9: Thanks for having me on.
Speaker 4: What are you doing two Thunderbirds fans at the moment because I just had a quick look back three games decided by a goal, like this is hard attack material for us.
Speaker 6: Oh, it's hard attack of material for us, And unfortunately we didn't get the job done on the weekend. But I mean we know where thereabouts and it's a matter of one or two shots throughout the game that we can fix up and naylor and get the wins.
Speaker 4: We're sitting in third at the moment, but you have to feel like you can beat any side in the competition.
Speaker 6: Oh, we definitely do. We've got a lot of confidence going in each game. We know that we've got the star power but also the connection through the court that we can bring and really stick to our processes in our game plan and know that whoever we match up against, we can get the win.
Speaker 2: So that is a big thing, isn't it? Off the back of a premiership is can you back at our promiership hangovers and things like that. Clearly you guys are in a good spot because you've lost some key personnel as well. So it's clearly a brand of netports.
Speaker 1: To bring up the Eleanor word.
Speaker 9: No exactly.
Speaker 6: I mean we have lost players, but we've also gained a lot of experience and a lot of new youth with Laws coming through as well when she's been nailing her role in the team, and that's all we ask. And the fact that we have a similar game plan but we're able to bring different strengths to that has really proven something different for us this year. And I'm loving hitting up Rameilda and not having to do as much running as the center and just forming it in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is nice to watch.
Speaker 4: I want to ask you about this new dangerous play rule that no one seems to understand. So we saw our first sendoff in netball in the so called Super League weekend Jamielye Price.
Speaker 2: So prior to this you couldn't get sent off.
Speaker 6: It's new this year but instead of a warning, you just get sent off, which I think is kind of good for the game in the fact that players know where the line is.
Speaker 9: It's very clearly marked out.
Speaker 6: But also you don't want to take away someone going for an intercept and then the umpire interepprinting that dirty And yeah, I mean it's a fine line, but I.
Speaker 9: Think go for the intercept even if you can.
Speaker 4: Have you ever been sent off? Have you ever witnessed someone being sent off?
Speaker 9: I haven't, but I heard you have.
Speaker 2: That's there you go. So information is getting out. How I was going to say, obviously you'll be able to get up to date with everything that's happening with the Adelaide Wildcats. Yeah, see once the ins and outs. Yeah, not the sea once, but two weeks ago, just absolute scenes in the exact location, Joe' where was.
Speaker 1: It just down at it well Lea Stadium?
Speaker 2: Yeah, how close with that at calling the police?
Speaker 1: No, it wasn't.
Speaker 4: You make it sound so dramatic, and it definitely wasn't. I just went for a contest and the umpire said that was a little bit dangerous. But I, in my defense, Hannah, my head thought my body could get there, and it definitely didn't.
Speaker 1: They're just a little bit too late for the umpires.
Speaker 2: And then how do we go from that to the previous week And even on the weekend where Jode is just a a few nipple games, Junior matches Carnival, parading her dog around into a different space, not even as a player, effectively got herself sent off the quart as well.
Speaker 1: I've got a toy Kavoodor.
Speaker 4: I was watching my daughter in a country carnival and they're like, you can't have the dog on the court, so I had to remove myself again.
Speaker 2: Had some leaked audio for the incident. Incredible scene.
Speaker 4: Been an unfortunate turn of events and also the fact that I'm very very old.
Speaker 1: We go again this Saturday night.
Speaker 4: It is the Grand Final rematch at the Entertainment Center.
Speaker 1: This is a huge game for you guys.
Speaker 6: Yeah it's massive, but I mean we always have a good match up against the Swifts, but being Grand Final rematch, it's got that little bit more and we're in front of the Pink ARMI and I can't wait to see your pack stadium and hopefully get another win.
Speaker 2: Do you genuinely dislike them? I don't want to set you up here for something that's a bit outside the whole one week at time and every respect you opposition, But is there more in it? Is there more in it when you play the Swifts?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 6: I guess there definitely is. I mean they've got a lot of SA girls as well, so it's always nice to get one over them. But yeah, they're a great team and they've been up the top of the table for a long time, so it does meet a little bit more.
Speaker 9: And yeah, we'll go out there to get the winner, hopefully, can we.
Speaker 1: Can we do it by more than a goal?
Speaker 6: Just for my own I would like that as well, So hopefully I.
Speaker 1: Might bring Sid another Yeah, I'm shooting the three.
Speaker 2: Definitely not allowed his idea.
Speaker 1: Petty, thank you so much for joining us in the studio. Thanks for having to get out.
Speaker 2: If you want to head along to the Blockbuster give score right now thirteen twenty fourteen. We've got a bunch of Thunderbirds tickets to give away. Catch Dudelaid Thunderbirds take on the Swifts Saturday, twenty fifth of May, Adelaide Entertainment Center tickets from Adlaid thunderburs dot com. Dote you Joe's your prediction.
Speaker 4: Oh at Thunderbirds only by a small amount, but the Thunderbird's nonetheless. But you know when it's only Tuesday and you can't wait for Saturday night already, that's me.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So if you want to head along and see a woman just really really going off her head, that's Jodie. By the way, what a beautiful, relaxing space for Jod not it's not.
Speaker 4: And I'll tell you what because I'm sorry, luckily horribly competitive, and I don't like losing, and yet I seem to do it with alarming regularity.
Speaker 2: You're the most recent winner. This is this is where you need to tell yourself. You go, hey, hey, and as good as your last week. Okay, this is your last contest.
Speaker 1: All right, growth mindset, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 7: You got this joke. Okay, Andrew, you got this too. I guess we are at the score of eleven six in Hazy's favor, so Joe's ultimate comeback incoming.
Speaker 2: I just know that everyone in this room, everyone in this room is one hundred percent going for you, except for me.
Speaker 7: I get told off when I go for either of you. So just go, both of you go team same as always, three songs, okays, never hit throwback. We've got a couple of listeners who have got a Wallace Cinema pass up for grabs. Kerry from Oldinger Beach chose team Jody this morning.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Kerry, appreciate the vote.
Speaker 4: Confidence, Let's get you some movie tickets.
Speaker 7: And Jared from Andrews Farmers on Team Hazy.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 9: Did your leg on the weekends.
Speaker 2: Do you need to win from Jared? That's a very good call.
Speaker 3: Alright, let's get straight into it.
Speaker 7: Song number one, come on, yeah, the guest watch songware Owners song, don't believe we.
Speaker 1: Just watched No.
Speaker 3: Guesses Town Fun that's the one. Yeah, you're up soon. I didn't I do all the work for you.
Speaker 1: I do all the work for you, all.
Speaker 2: That you do because you're both yourself not knowing your song I did.
Speaker 1: I did know in my head. Not a convert.
Speaker 7: Create work for me by kicking the bin across. Now I've got to clean upmandain pill.
Speaker 3: Is cleaning up.
Speaker 7: Thank you to h all right, one zip Dazy, there's still a chance for a damption.
Speaker 3: Song number two, Please.
Speaker 9: Come on, Hazy, go on?
Speaker 2: That would be yet are you going to be my girl? You?
Speaker 6: Ye?
Speaker 3: Sorry?
Speaker 1: Really that's impartial.
Speaker 3: I really like this song.
Speaker 2: It's good Journing, it's good. Hey, Joe, should we for this sake?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, no.
Speaker 4: What do you mean?
Speaker 3: You win?
Speaker 1: You win seven forty two. You're Jody and Hazy.
Speaker 2: On nover.
Speaker 1: Play a song. Nope, I'm not doing it. I'm not doing it.
Speaker 3: We that means fast for Jared Andrews. I think we do the third one. I think it'd be fun.
Speaker 2: Do you reckon?
Speaker 6: Joe?
Speaker 1: Who's having fun?
Speaker 3: I am Emily, I am, he's having fun. Go on then song number three?
Speaker 5: Come on, this is an easy one. Nas is on it, Abbie.
Speaker 1: That is Jody. Yeah, and that is Taylor Swift. No, no, no, just gadule. When I got he ended, I don't know.
Speaker 2: It is Taylor Swift.
Speaker 1: Don't look at the screen.
Speaker 7: Don't look at this.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Do you know what?
Speaker 6: Jody?
Speaker 2: You didn't get it, but I didn't get either, So that's cool.
Speaker 1: Consolation? How was playing the first new rule?
Speaker 4: If I lose two nil, don't make me stand here and keep playing.
Speaker 1: Okay, we all got it.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's completely fine. Congratulations to Jared. Is one of a Wallace Cinema family past.
Speaker 1: Sorry Chary Kerry want to.
Speaker 2: It's good morning.
Speaker 4: Our next guess is one part of the Magnificent Trio. It is Fitzy and Whipper with Kate Richie. After completing his building certificate a Tafe.
Speaker 1: He took up his.
Speaker 10: First radio job in bording Us to South Australia.
Speaker 1: He's quoisting it. Jon and Hazy Show is in force.
Speaker 6: Wings.
Speaker 4: Please welcome to the studio, Michael Whipper.
Speaker 3: We flee.
Speaker 4: We say a very good morning to Whipper, and I don't want this to sound creepy, but we're just looking at you on a video down the line, and you look really handsome today.
Speaker 2: Very nice.
Speaker 11: It's a really good point. Thank you. It's not what I'm here for, although our show he's doing a singles party very soon.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 11: Look, I'm a married man, but I will take any compliment that's possibly thrown at me. Normally with Adelaide's favorite Ryan James Fitzgerald, he just makes overweight, hairy jokes. So to get to get a compliment on the Nova network is an absolute gift. O.
Speaker 1: Gosh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we do speak to fits every single Friday, but I feel like we've gone top shelf today.
Speaker 11: Yeah, you have congratulations. This is the boutique range we offer here at Nova, and I've had some.
Speaker 2: Cut through, which is great news.
Speaker 11: So thank you for having me on.
Speaker 4: Please tell us about this new initiative thirty six months because my goodness, something needs to happen with our kids and social media.
Speaker 11: Yeah it does, Jones, And that's exactly as you say that I'm representing you. I'm representing all the parents, the schools, the teachers, and having a platform I think means somebody needs to stand up and say enough is enough. So the initiative initiative is called thirty six months and we encourage everybody to go to thirty six months dot com dot au to sign the petition. The thirty six months is basically the current age limit for a lot of the social media platforms is thirteen. We want to bump it to sixteen. We want thirty six months back. We want to give the kids their life back in a chance to get to know themselves before the rest of the world does. That's the idea. So when you look at the statistics of social media harming the mental health of one in two kids, it's just so alarming. And as we were saying on air this morning, imagine if there was a product that was on the shelves, was available to kids, and every second person that used it experienced some sort of psychologue damage, most likely in depression or anxiety, and in extreme cases, which does happen death, that product would not sit on our shelf any longer, be gone within a second. So I can't really see the difference to some product out there, to what the kids are doing on social media. There are so many, so many parts to this.
Speaker 2: With your kids, what are their ages and what are your rules in your household for social media? Great question.
Speaker 11: We're not at social media stage yet, although the interest is there. But we go nine eight four, so we're into computer games. It is coming and I can build it, and they want to be on Snapchat and we say no, no, no, no, and that'll be a strict rule which I think we'll be able to enforce in our house. But a lot of the parents I think are left powerless because that idea that well, you're creating social isolation if you don't let them be on a social media platform because everybody else is. You know, we want to take that power away from the kids to have that pressure on the parents, and we want to take that pressure away from the parents as well. So that's what it would look like.
Speaker 4: I'm just looking at an article here and the headline is some teams are so addicted to social media in Australia and online gaming platforms that they're pulling knives out on their parents when they cut them off from Wi Fi. Oh my god, can you let that sink in for just a moment.
Speaker 11: I know. Do you know the other reality of it too? You've got to realize that your child is the product. So for social media platform, it didn't If it doesn't have us and you and me, then it doesn't work. So your child is a product, and that social media, through its smart algorithms, is designed to keep your kid on there for as long as possible. Yeah, so what they're really doing is they're making money from stealing and then selling your child's attention span.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's what they're doing. Tell us how we can make a difference. Tell us about the petition.
Speaker 11: Well, the petition obviously we need you to sign it, guys, to spread the word thirty six months dot you'll see it there. But really we just want to prove that for one thirty six months is about not only telling everybody about the issue, but it's all sort to realize we've got an opportunity here and as a positive if we can make this change in bump at to sixteen, we're giving kids back to families, we're bringing the unit back together again and we're reconnecting. And then we're thinking to ourselves, well, thirty six months what education can we build into that time between thirteen and sixteen where we can then release a child on to social media if it's right for them and they're able to be balanced a lot more balanced. There's a reason kids don't drink and drive and they don't go into casinos before the age of eighteen.
Speaker 2: These rules exist for a reason.
Speaker 4: Well, I think you're doing such a wonderful thing. It's got to the stage where we've brought a lock box in our house to.
Speaker 2: Put them roh, my gosh, is it working?
Speaker 1: Yes, it does.
Speaker 11: It does with a sledgehammer.
Speaker 4: Not yet, But I also hide my marvelous creation's chocolate in there, so it's got like a double row.
Speaker 11: And where do you hide that key to the chocolate? Is that just in the asking for a friend? Did you hear this on the front door? If you know exactly who it is?
Speaker 4: Are you doing such a wonderful thing and it is you to be applauded for using your good yep, well done, thank you.
Speaker 11: So you guys are doing exactly what I'm doing. You're putting it out there and I appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Do you want to do a regular segment on a Friday Fitz?
Speaker 2: You are gone.
Speaker 9: It sounds a lot better, doesn't it.
Speaker 2: Guys. Yesterday, Joes, we spoke about something which is just beautiful. That's your home.
Speaker 3: You good for your home.
Speaker 2: Yes, there'll be another installment of Happy Gilmour.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: But then also we discovered something quite shocking, and that is that you've never seen Billy Madison Grow Up Journey. It's all swine on, Joe, even though it's one of the most immature movies of all time. Grow up and watch Billy, mate.
Speaker 1: You couldn't even tell me the plot. You were like, I can't even describe it to you.
Speaker 2: It's not about the plot.
Speaker 1: Oh what's it about?
Speaker 2: It's about everything but the plot.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Well, can't wait to go and watch that this week? Then good. Thanks.
Speaker 2: And further to this discussion, we started speaking about some of these iconic films that people within the team haven't seen, just the sort of pressure that we're going to put on each other ye to perhaps go and see these movies. For example, News read to Abby, what haven't you seen them full?
Speaker 5: I haven't seen a full episode of the simps.
Speaker 2: What is going on?
Speaker 5: Because I just seriously I wasn't a fan of it. Of funny.
Speaker 2: I feel like Marge and Home with my second Parents.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well that explains a lot.
Speaker 4: Doesn't you have a Simpsons reference for every situation in life? It's quite remarkable. But I get that, Like I'm a bit like that with Seinfeld.
Speaker 1: I don't get I.
Speaker 4: Just yeah, I know, Simpsons is Simpson's is funny. Simpsons is laugh out loud funny.
Speaker 2: Absolute thirteen twenty four ten. What haven't you watched that? You're getting pressure from your peers maybe family, that you really really must go and watch because everybody else has. For example, I mean producers, Zoe, he hasn't seen The Castle? What you haven't seen the beginnings? The roots of a young Eric Banner. It's the culture, Daryl.
Speaker 9: The place is full of cold schalkers.
Speaker 2: There were so many stories.
Speaker 11: And the hotel Trace and I were staying in they had this one channel kick boxing twenty four hours a day.
Speaker 2: I mean I could watch The Castle on repeat twenty four hours a day.
Speaker 4: Well, goodness, we have to get onto it. We have to watch these movies. But thirteen twenty four ten, let us know, are you getting pressured to watch something at the moment? Baby Reindeers all wring that's a big one. Baby, Reindy, is yougue?
Speaker 1: It's very good. It's good, isn't it.
Speaker 5: The Tattooist of olsh Switch yeh.
Speaker 1: I don't want to watch that, though you need to.
Speaker 5: It is absolutely amazing. Also the documentary on Ashley Madison. Oh yes, yeah, have.
Speaker 1: To watch that all right, Third and twenty four ten, that's one that I'm waiting for. The kid is not to be home to watch?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, because you want to pop up. Jeez, Jodes, are you too good for Happy Gilmore? That's your home?
Speaker 3: You too good for your home?
Speaker 2: Come on, we put this out there because you haven't seen Billy Madison.
Speaker 4: No, right, come on, Well that's not fair. I love Happy Gilmore. I have not seen Billy Madison.
Speaker 2: Well, we're gonna get you up to date, okay with one of the greatest Adam Sandler movies of all time.
Speaker 4: Only if the rest of the team gets up to speed with everything they haven't watched that.
Speaker 9: They should have.
Speaker 2: It's very, very true.
Speaker 1: In the newsroom the Simpsons, we've all.
Speaker 2: Got things that we need to watch to make sure that we're all in this together. Okay, that's completely fair, isn't it.
Speaker 5: Sorry, I'm scheduled in washing my hair, sweet no chin hairs, pluck them out.
Speaker 4: Okay, sorry, we digress. Let's go to Stacy from Prospect. Good morning, Stacy, Good morning guys. What are people pressuring you to watch Sinfeld?
Speaker 8: See an episode? Not one? So and I have no desire to at all.
Speaker 2: Similar, Similar, And I reckon, Stacy. The people who love Seinfeld, it's such an incredible institution from like they live their lives based on moments in Seinfeld, probably like we do for the Sims.
Speaker 4: But it's like, well, it's like you do you don't wes in that, Yeah, Stacy, And people always cite scenes from Seinfeld and I'm like, yeah, okay, I just yeah, I just don't get it.
Speaker 8: I know who Framer is and that's it.
Speaker 1: And I learned.
Speaker 8: About Sorry Seinels more from the B movies than I.
Speaker 1: Did from.
Speaker 6: You.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's going to sit very well with Jerry Seinfeld.
Speaker 1: No, do not bow to peer, precious Stace. Whatever you do, it.
Speaker 8: Just seems very annoying to me. Even just a commercial settle scene. I just cannot yet watch it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm with you.
Speaker 2: What about when when a c c's Jerry siinfer walking down the streets. He goes, Oh, oh, you're the dude from the bee.
Speaker 4: Man Shane from Davron Park. Hey, Shane, we're good. What are you being pressured to watch?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 8: Jam of Thrones and Harry Potter?
Speaker 2: Oh yep, I don't do it either. I have never watched Game of Thrones or Harry Potter.
Speaker 1: I've watched Shane. I watched probably I reckon. I maybe got through the first season and I was like, I don't get it.
Speaker 2: Is this Game of Thrones?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I'm telling you right now, Shane. We've spoken about this before. We got through maybe the third episode and it was a genuine incest moment. And I was telling my mates about it and they're like, yeah, how good is that? Might know that that is not a drawing point.
Speaker 4: Even I can say that's not good. And I'm from Tania from Tasmania. Yeah, Harry Potter, Harry Potter to all a bit odd for me.
Speaker 1: You're a wizard, Arry, You're a wizard, Harry.
Speaker 2: Gay clear you go. We're kind of all on board with this together, aren't we. All right, let's get it going. Thirteen twenty four ten. Some of these movies, maybe TV shows things that you just haven't seen, but you're getting pressure from your peers and a.
Speaker 4: Watch watch a little bit of Harry Potter once and it was like the little boy was they made him sleep under the stairs.
Speaker 1: I was like, that's enough for me. That's mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is mean. That's not right, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Then Harry apparently has revenge.
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, who knows.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to just indulge himself in conversation, but I know nothing about Harry Potter whatsoever.
Speaker 4: We need to watch more TV and movies. That seems to be the takeaway from this conversation. But we're asking on thirteen twenty four ten, what are those movies or TV shows that you're getting pressured to watch. Let's go to Dominica from Forreston Hills.
Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning. Okay, who's pressuring you to watch what?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 8: It's Friends. My friends are always saying to me, you've got to watch it. You've got to watch Friends, And I'm like, no, not interested.
Speaker 2: We're interested at all. Okay, So I feel like every single friend in the show is such a different character. Do you feel like are you not into that sort of real So it's it's very canned humid.
Speaker 8: Do you know what I mean, Dominica, Yeah, yeah, yeah, I just think of they're just drinking coffee and doing what we normally do, and it's.
Speaker 1: At the Central Perk Cafe.
Speaker 2: Drink the coffee Central Perk.
Speaker 1: Thanks Dominica. Let's go to Emma from Monopara. Good morning, Emma, good morning, Hello, good What haven't you seen The Lion King?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, one of the greatest movies of all time? And what happened? What happened to you?
Speaker 6: Tell me?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I know, we didn't really.
Speaker 7: Watch movies that that often when I was a kid.
Speaker 6: But it's the cartoons.
Speaker 1: I don't like the cartoons problem. That's fair enough. It's the first cartoon that's ever made me cry. Though it's really good.
Speaker 11: Oh no, my son likes it, but I've never seen that.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll do yourself a favor on the weekend, sit down and watch it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Fusserusa, my fuzzer obviously talking about the time where Skar kills me, Fussa, and that's when you cried.
Speaker 6: Then.
Speaker 2: Also there's some other messages mixed message to Moow and Pumba got together as this little duo, and I remember being up in North Queen's in one time and I saw a wild pig of boar, and I tried to pay it and almost took my hand off. Wild pigs are not friendly at all.
Speaker 4: Julie from Morphod Welcome morning, Julie. What haven't you seen?
Speaker 2: I haven't seen Diddy Dancing, any Rocky movie, any James Bond movie. And I've only just recently watched Titanic. Oh my god, Juli, you're saying, Julie, is you've been deprived of such unbelievable beautiful scenes like this about how hi you hit. It's about how high you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how weird it has done.
Speaker 1: I've missed it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, wow, Julie's that's quite the trifecta of thinxing.
Speaker 1: You've never seen.
Speaker 2: I'm quite proud.
Speaker 5: If there was.
Speaker 1: One to go back and watch, it would be Dirty Dancing, I.
Speaker 2: Would say so. I would say so.
Speaker 8: I love Patrick's Fazylo Thin Ghost a million times, but Dirty Dancing none.
Speaker 1: Yeah, pretty much, very similar characters in both.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he plays that heartthrob really well, doesn't he. Yeah, we did, we did, being honest, Patrick, all right, let's round this out with Annie from Golden Grove. What have you got any what have you been deprived of? What have you seen? I'll just turn her up?
Speaker 1: There go again, there Annie, what have you seen?
Speaker 5: Hello?
Speaker 10: Guys, I have you never seen bluie?
Speaker 4: I had a fear new guys would say that, So is this a case of you're not having any kids or grandkids?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: No, hells no.
Speaker 8: I have five children and five partners and five grandchildren.
Speaker 7: And that all always that Every family do we have? Every family night is always no?
Speaker 2: No, no?
Speaker 7: What about this episode of Fluid?
Speaker 2: What about that episode of Fluid?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 7: I've never succom.
Speaker 2: I've never felt the need. It's a beautiful show, Annie, like it is. There's so many episodes where you just sort of finish and I'm watching with the kids and they love and like, hey, what's that? And I look up a dad and he's got Tearsney's eyes, Like what the hell is going on here?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Very sweet?
Speaker 2: Hey? Any Annie, I would feel like in amongst your family, that's not a very popular decision to we.
Speaker 1: Don't want to go to Grammar's not a.
Speaker 8: Very popular decision.
Speaker 2: I can agree with you. There, can we make you popular then and give you some reserve tickets to Disney on Ice.
Speaker 7: Oh, they would be amazing.
Speaker 2: A bunch of tiggers to give to you right now. So thank you for going.
Speaker 11: Oh my lord, no way.
Speaker 1: I'm shaking.
Speaker 4: To the grand children, they're going to be like Dovicetuba grammar. You don't even have bloe if they're going to Disney on us.
Speaker 2: They was being blown away your.
Speaker 5: Oh, thank you so much, guys.
Speaker 8: I love your show.
Speaker 2: Good every morning.
Speaker 8: It's it's my go to my garage.
Speaker 9: Every day.
Speaker 11: Oh, thank you so much.
Speaker 9: Guys.
Speaker 2: Sorry, we just need to finish that sentence. You got to name to blue. No, hang on, we had a blue cake.
Speaker 8: No, but it was the orange thing.
Speaker 1: Yes, the orange thing. We had a.
Speaker 8: Blue fingo cake for my granddaughter's third birthday, my daughter in law, Mader.
Speaker 2: There you go. That'll do.
Speaker 1: Goodness that what an adventure that was with Anny