Speaker 1: The Crissy Swan Show. Hello Friday, Am I right?
Speaker 2: Oh Friday is here? Baby?
Speaker 1: How are you today? Because you've had all sorts.
Speaker 3: Of I know I've had I'll say, gastro all week so I'm so excited.
Speaker 2: I started tell me lies on Disney Plus last night.
Speaker 1: What's that?
Speaker 3: I'll tell you off fair because it's quite It's hectic and great, but I'm just literally going to lock in all weekend and binge watch TV.
Speaker 1: Oh how lovely? Are you going to go and see your mom and dad tomorrow?
Speaker 2: I will? How are you lovely?
Speaker 1: I want to talk about gastro for a minute. Do you, if you are just very quiet in your mind for a moment, can you pinpoint the thing that gave it to you? Because I feel like you can get onto that cosmic wavelength and all of a sudden for me, I had it once and it was mushrooms. It was just some mushrooms that I ate.
Speaker 2: I And can you not eat mushroom anymore? No?
Speaker 1: I'm a bit turned off by a certain kind of mushroom. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, guess what my food that I think it was?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 6: Is it oysters?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 8: I know?
Speaker 1: So how do you feel now about the idea of a beautiful oyster, which is one of your favorite things.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'll never say no to a Sydney rock I just I'd love them too much.
Speaker 1: But at the moment, at.
Speaker 2: The moment, I couldn't know. But like by next week, I'll be back there.
Speaker 1: Also, by the way, that is going on your gravestone, I'll Sydney Rocke twenty four ten. It's time for you to say get a to me. We've got a little musical theme going on, because all of a sudden I have found a new and invigorated love for an old classic, the Doobie Brothers What a Fool Believes?
Speaker 2: What a tune?
Speaker 1: When I put that on, everything is o kay. And I've always loved it, but I've just got this new love for it.
Speaker 3: I love it when you rediscover new songs. We did it last week. I think it was on Friday with Black and Gold by Sam Sparrow. We played it four ten. What sort of old song are you obsessed with again? What's your current pump up song?
Speaker 1: Yes, the Chrissy Swan Show that is originally a very old song but still a banger everywhere, was of course by Flick Wi. You're listening to the Chrissy Swan Show on Nova and God, I love hearing the sound of your voices Chrissy say today. Yeah, sometimes you just like revisit an old song that you've known forever and it does something chemical to you. And I have rediscovered this by the Doobie Brothers. I mean it is magic. Do you love it?
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 3: I just have an image of you, like mopping your kitchen, like as if it's like the seventies. Yes, singing hand dancing with an apron.
Speaker 1: Exactly what I do, and it makes everything bearable. I've cleaned the entire garage to it. I've moved furniture. I can do ten loads of washing with a smile on my face. I just love it. Norell, What is the song that you have refound a love for? Hello, NoREL, Oh, there you are no start again. We missed the beginning.
Speaker 9: Fountains of Wayne and Stacey's Mum and listened to it on a CD player at home because I bought the single.
Speaker 2: I bought You've got.
Speaker 1: The CD single? And what is your CD player? What is it a new one?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 1: Is it a relic?
Speaker 9: I've got five CD you know ones that say five CDs or affordable ones, Still buy them, Still buy record players. The lesson a CD player.
Speaker 1: I had forgotten about the CD stacker and the absolute deliberation about what you would put in that CD stacker. Noelle's a Priceline Pharmacy voucher on the way for you, and also, welcome to the show Fountains of Wayne. Haven't heard that for a very long time?
Speaker 2: Is that the band behind that?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 2: I did not even know that Fountains of Wayne? Did they do anything else?
Speaker 6: I do think so?
Speaker 1: I mean, look, once you've given a Stacy's Mom, what else do you need to give us?
Speaker 2: Hi?
Speaker 1: Julie, Hello Darling.
Speaker 9: I am still into and love playing Doctor Cook.
Speaker 10: Oh my jee, it takes me.
Speaker 1: Way back.
Speaker 9: In the seventies.
Speaker 1: I love that. I have forgotten Doctor.
Speaker 10: Cool.
Speaker 1: But do you know what my favorite was for a while, Sharing the Knight by Doctor Wook looking Candelone the girl. Oh my god, it's.
Speaker 2: Magical Priceline pharmacy voucher for you, Julie and.
Speaker 1: Look in honor of only sixteen. Maybe you know Priceline could reinvent the q Tex blue open lipstick that was mad blue blue opal it was called It was like an iridescent and it was by q Tex and I miss it every day. Hello, Carolyn, let's finish with you. What is the old song that's giving you new life at the moment?
Speaker 10: Ah Christy, I've been searching through my Spotify and I found a bit of Snoop Dogg that I'm loving at the moment. It's really bizarre because I'm not normally into that type of music and would drop it like a.
Speaker 2: What are you doing when you're listening to this? What are you doing with this? What are you doing when you listen to it?
Speaker 10: I just I'm going for a walk or on my bike ride, and it's just give me a different vibe to start the day.
Speaker 1: I love this, Carolyn, and I am going to do that in honor review and Snoop Dogg this weekend.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: The Chrissy Swan Show one Pass is now available at Priceline Pharmacy and Sister Cob members are getting exclusive.
Speaker 6: Access to boosted perks.
Speaker 1: Start your free thirty day trial today.
Speaker 2: Learn more at Priceline dot com, toda U Slash one Pass TCUs Eligibility criteria and exclusions apply.
Speaker 1: The Chrissy Swan Show PowerPoint presentations are coming back thirteen twenty four to ten. I have noticed in the universe, in the zeitgeist, if you will, that people are talking about getting back onto PowerPoint.
Speaker 2: Yeah. On Instagram stories.
Speaker 3: I've been seeing them a lot as well, from like gen Zas using them for a variety of reasons.
Speaker 2: But I'm here for it. I like, I grew up making powerpoints. That's what we did in school.
Speaker 1: See, I never is that part of the original Microsoft Office? Sweet?
Speaker 2: I believe it is one.
Speaker 1: See, I just could never. My brain is not capable of working out that sort of stuff. I know, word that's it. But like spreadsheets no, Oh, I never got to excel PowerPoint. No, but have a look at this thirteen twenty four ten. By the way, have you recently made a PowerPoint presentation?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we want to hear about it and what you did it for.
Speaker 1: Actually, a friend of mine caught up with a friend who just come home from overseas. This is what I mean by the zeitgeist. Just come home from overseas, invited his friends around for dinner, and then after dinner there was an impromptu PowerPoint presentation about the holiday.
Speaker 2: Yeah it's a thing.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. And on the New York Post today a woman has confessed, really that she's dating a pig. She didn't say so much, but she is the She lives with her boyfriend. She is the designated cook, and she likes it whatever. He doesn't cook anything, he says, by his own admission, he can't boil water without setting off the smoke of limes, which is a very convenient excuse, by the way, isn't it. Anyway, She made him dinner, and then he delivered I've got goosebumps thinking about this. He delivered a PowerPoint presentation with different slide It's entitled too much Well that the whole presentation was called improving our Home Dining Experience. And then is.
Speaker 3: PowerPoint the one that you click through as if you're like Lavinia reading the weather.
Speaker 1: Oh god, I would have loved that. Slide one was entitled too much Garlic. Slide two was entitled pasta consistency. Slide three more salt less sas.
Speaker 2: I love this guy to you, it's funny.
Speaker 1: I feel like this is very insulting.
Speaker 3: You've got to be able to have a laugh about it, because if he was serious about it, he wouldn't be putting effort into a PowerPoint.
Speaker 2: I think he's done it in a comedic way, not in like a massag Joe way.
Speaker 1: I think so too, But he's got to read the room because she did not like it, and it took her two days to get over it. Of course, the first thing that came out of her mouth was buddy, cook yourself then, which is fair? And then after.
Speaker 2: Yes, exactly what I mean, like talk out the cash for break law to make.
Speaker 1: An omelet, and you'll never go hungry again in your life. And then two days later he said, I was prepared for this, and then this is unwise. You've got to admit it. He put up another PowerPoint presentation called how to Take a Joke a Comprehensive Guide.
Speaker 2: I like this guy, I mean this guy.
Speaker 1: The next PowerPoint presentation he needs to see is one entitled how to find a new place to live and a new girlfriend. If you rediscovered your love for the PowerPoint or new love? When was the last one that you made the crissy swe Have you heard the latest, John Rihanna, She's hired somebody to come and rub the cream into her bottom.
Speaker 2: I was looking at those images. She's doing anything not to record music.
Speaker 1: Exactly. You'll be receiving an email from head office NOV to say that your duties have changed. Here on the Christy Swan Show. You're listening to the Grizzy Swad Show. No, but we're talking about PowerPoint presentations. Everything old is new again, Like my obsession with the Doobie Brothers, people are re finding the joy of a PowerPoint presentation.
Speaker 2: I used to have so much fun in school, picking like the color gradients because you could mix the colors together, picking the fonts, how they would like enter the slide, Riddle me this.
Speaker 1: What sort of subject matter were you putting into a PowerPoint presentation?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 2: What would we have been doing? Tom?
Speaker 3: Tom and I went to school together, because I sure as well can't remember. Maybe I actually remember one I did on Italy because I was obsessed with Italy because I thought it was really sheaic and I wanted to go there and eat the food.
Speaker 2: So I did an Italy PowerPoint.
Speaker 1: And was there like you know, a pizza and all that sort.
Speaker 2: Yeahah, yeah, it was green, red and white.
Speaker 3: Obviously.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I would love to see this again, Swanny.
Speaker 3: There's someone here at the NOVA office that I saw do it in this very office. A couple of weeks ago because she returned home from holiday, so I've got her on the line, Ebony from.
Speaker 1: Yes, hello, Ebony, Hi guys, Now can I ask how old are you?
Speaker 11: I'm twenty six right, So.
Speaker 1: You were not around when PowerPoint was a thing?
Speaker 2: No, we were not really. Yeah was it secondary.
Speaker 1: Because when it was introduced it was cutting edge, But I for a freckon that was about eighteen hundred and forty anyway, Ebony, please tell me why you chose PowerPoint.
Speaker 11: Well, I thought it was the easiest way to rehash my entire six week Europe trip to my colleagues. So I literally started working on it like the day that I landed back in Australia, and I just put all these photos in there of like each country I visited, and obviously all the juicy speaking notes with a highlight. So I didn't actually put anything in writing that was too chaotic. But yeah, I just wanted to flex how good my trip was that PowerPoint was the best.
Speaker 1: Were people delighted with the with the presentation or were they like are Uoka, Ebony?
Speaker 11: They loved it. I did put in half an hour for the quote unquote meeting and it went for forty five minutes.
Speaker 1: That is a good side.
Speaker 2: I love it. That's so good.
Speaker 1: Hi Gina, Hey Christie, Hey Jenergy. It says here that PowerPoint is your love language.
Speaker 12: Oh, it's a tough tide between PowerPoint Excel, but PowerPoint.
Speaker 8: Takes the cake.
Speaker 2: Why, Gina, Oh, I don't know.
Speaker 12: It's just like creative freedom, telling stories, taking people on the journey. I mean, I don't know if i'd tell my husband he was a bad cook through one, but I do it for like some other things.
Speaker 1: Hello, when was the last time you made a PowerPoint presentation?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 12: So the last time I actually made a PowerPoint presentation was a year ago Melbourne Cup Day, one year to the day I found out that I was diagnosed with breast care and all good. I'm on the other side now in remission. But I've got three young kids, and I thought, how am I going to tell them. I don't want to rock the world, you know, I want to make sure this is a positive experience for them. And so I put together a PowerPoint presentation of one of these shows they watch on Netflix and made it all relatable and told them a story, and it was animated and it was brilliant.
Speaker 1: That is very smart. You're amazing and well done on being in remission. That is great news.
Speaker 12: Oh, thanks, Chrissy.
Speaker 3: Priceline Pharmacy about you on its way to Eugene. Let's go to Kylie Swan.
Speaker 1: Hello, Kylie, Hi, Chrissy. Please, you're not making the PowerPoint presentation. Your daughter made it.
Speaker 8: My eleven year old daughter decided the best way to get across her Christmas birthday this year was to put together Is it cancer?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Janva is like a new version. Yeah, absolutely cooler? And how long did this presentation go?
Speaker 10: For?
Speaker 1: Kylie?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 8: The presentation is several pages long. My issue is it keeps getting updated.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I asked her to put it together so I could let other people know what she wants, and I tell them then it changes, so she's driving me insane.
Speaker 1: Oh that is genius. Luckily, my kids don't know how to make presentations. I just get links or oh do you get linksy.
Speaker 3: My sister, still to this day, at the age of twenty six, has a shared notes page with my family and her for her birthday and Christmas, and she updates the shared note on our iPhone.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like, I don't know how I feel about That's the point. Of a present, well, I know that you ignore it is the point of a present to just be like, the whole point of it is that somebody has thought about something for you.
Speaker 2: I know it should be. But in her defense people not many people are like you, and at a gift giving, she just knows what she wants. I voucher for you, Kylie, Hey, Keeley, let's finish with you.
Speaker 13: Oh thanks, Chrissy.
Speaker 10: Hi.
Speaker 13: I love your shows, love you kill. I actually did a PowerPoint presentation yesterday and what was the topic.
Speaker 1: Was it about cooking? Was it about the gifts that you want me?
Speaker 10: For my job?
Speaker 13: So it's in a sales role, So unlike some that used canra, I've never got into it. My age sort of dictates what I used and it's done me well. But I'm always very mindful of a thing called death by power point. Yes, a presentation simple and talk to the.
Speaker 1: Fly, Keeley, can you really just put the final nail in the coffin and give us what the PowerPoint presentation was entitled.
Speaker 13: Well, it was a presentation to a school and it was what my business could do for them to make their life easier. So it was very much planted towards that, so I had lots of graphics.
Speaker 2: I had lots of just fell asleep.
Speaker 1: The Chrissy Swan Show, bloody madness observation coming in. Every time I hear that song, I imagine it's Travis Kelsey singing. Why I don't know it's it looks it sounds like Travis Kelsey.
Speaker 2: Oh, I wish she told me at the start of the song, so I could imagine.
Speaker 1: Do we have a grab of it or can you rewind or something on all this equipment because it's important.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I agree, let's of course there's no hook there. Can we just listen to the start? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I think it might start quickly. So in your mind, imagine.
Speaker 14: Tomas and.
Speaker 1: Imagine you can see it, are you?
Speaker 14: I can?
Speaker 3: I mean knowing he'll try to start singing in the next six months, so you're probably.
Speaker 1: On the mane and he'll be just as good. Let me carry up Chrissy's click fait. I have fallen in love anew with Whoopi Goldberg. We love her, I just love I love her. When someone is on a shadedly, unabashedly salty and cranky, she's no. Actually, because Ellen DeGeneres went that way and it was awful. Remember she had those dead eyes towards the end of her season, and it was like, oh, there's.
Speaker 3: A difference, and I can tell you what it is. Ellen still pretended to be happy and joyous on the show. I know we could pick but she was pretending behind the scenes. She was an asshole where bhoopy, her saltiness is laid out in front of all of the audience.
Speaker 2: We see it.
Speaker 1: She's clearly too tired and too over it to be there, and yet she turns up every morning into that makeup chair and I for one saluter and to.
Speaker 3: Hear her then on like like we're about to on a different talk show. She sounds happy and joyous.
Speaker 1: She's okay, she's she's appeared on a different talk show, as you said to talk. Sister Act three now their Sister Act, which was legendary, Ye, Sister Acts two back in the habit, I don't think I've seen it.
Speaker 2: I've not seen that either.
Speaker 1: Having said that, I'm looking at a still here, a very young Lauren Hill from the Fujis, and I feel like I've seen that, and that's from Sister Act too, So I don't know. But Sister Act three is much anticipated and it is coming. But the great Maggie Smith, who is synonymous with the Sister Acts, has recently passed away, and that is what needed to be addressed by Ms Goldberg.
Speaker 4: We're having to make some readjustments because we just lost Maggie Smith, as you know, and so we're we will get it done.
Speaker 2: We'll get it done.
Speaker 6: It just as a yeah, as a shift.
Speaker 1: I hope it is just like a shift in the script and not some spooky computer generated that never film and never work.
Speaker 3: That's almost insulting as well to do. Hey, speaking will be being salty. So I check up on the views socials to see her saltiness. Yeah, and the day the morning after Trump won, they all went through the women and that gave their sort of opinion on it all.
Speaker 1: And keep in mind Trump recently very openly dissed Woopie Goldbert. He did and she was a stupid woman.
Speaker 2: We enjoyed that. But she in this speech.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to play much of it, but she sort of again showed saltiness and sort of lifted the curtain on how she works and how she operates on that show.
Speaker 4: Have a listen, people, When I got out of the car today because nobody will let me drive. I saw people walking around look at you know, drink and then what is the coffee stuff from Starbucks?
Speaker 2: Starbucks? I don't drink coffee, so I never remember.
Speaker 1: I think you sort of know what Starbucks is, even if you're not a coffee drinker.
Speaker 2: I can you remember what Starbucks dream? She's crag and the fact that the production don't let her drive herself, ine.
Speaker 1: I wonder why that is? How old is she that they called that on her?
Speaker 2: Say? They must have because she clearly isn't thrilled about her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's not allowed to drive. Apparently, here you go, she's only sixty eight.
Speaker 2: Let the girl get behind the wheel.
Speaker 1: And it's her birthday on Wednesday, which is World Kindness Day and my best friend's birthday as well. Now let's move on to bon Jovi and Pitbull.
Speaker 5: This is not.
Speaker 1: This is not a typo. Now I'm going to play you something. It is the teaser for a song that bon Jovi and Pitbull are releasing together, and then I'm going to come back and tell you my thoughts. Oh wow, I mean, in a weird twist of fate, the computer screen in front of me just had the big words. Whoops, something went wrong, and I think that is exactly what's happened with this collaboration.
Speaker 2: Why are they doing this?
Speaker 1: Come on, Dad's get out of the gart. Stop playing air hockey and drinking Budwise up, This is the Chrissy Swan Show. Welcome to your three o'clock and welcome to some really big breaking news. I cannot wait to see my kids this afternoon because Jojo Seawhy is coming to this country. Karma is a bitch. I should have known better. I love Jojo Seewha.
Speaker 2: Hey, people are going to go nuts for this.
Speaker 1: I can't believe that I'm going to see I have to go. Is she I don't I'm just so excited. I haven't even worked out what's going on.
Speaker 2: So she's here for always.
Speaker 3: I believe the Victorian government will be bringing her to town, and I imagine this means she'll be performing in some capacity.
Speaker 2: Swanny, So I want to see you all dressed up with your kids.
Speaker 1: Yes, with or without them. I'm there because I'm mad for Georgiel. I want to make a rough little you know, lasstar.
Speaker 2: I want to meet it. I want to interview her. Can we please I would lose my mind so many questions.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. And also Georgina Pellegrino, who's commented on the on the website, going, what a fantastic use of money. Not surely this is a joke. Just center, get a grip. Excuse me, speak for yourself, Georgina, I am all for this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we love Jojo Hey.
Speaker 3: Next thirteen twenty four to ten, we have our final Mitsubishi Electric air purifier to give away. The Mitsubishi Electric Air purifier helps improve indoor air quality and reduce exposure to asthma and allergy triggers including dust pollend, pet allergens, and some gases.
Speaker 2: Quizzy is next The.
Speaker 1: Chrissy Swan Show. The Chrissy Swan Show, speaking of older songs that still slap in the parlance of our times. You're listening to the Christy One Show on Nova. Let's give away our very last electron Chrissies Quizzy. I never was good at rote learning.
Speaker 2: Hello, Lauren, how are you guy?
Speaker 1: Look you sound really excited. Are you a oh my davy.
Speaker 14: Val?
Speaker 2: Do you want one?
Speaker 9: Lauren?
Speaker 1: Are you one of those gorgeous longtime listeners first time callers?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 8: Definitely.
Speaker 5: On you.
Speaker 1: I love them. Welcome. I'll make you a drink later.
Speaker 2: Lachlan. Hello, Hello, hey, young good mate.
Speaker 1: You've been gallivanting all over the world.
Speaker 3: I have. I just spent five weeks in the UK.
Speaker 4: Come back to this amazing weather.
Speaker 1: That's nice. But have you got a bit of jet lag?
Speaker 8: I survive, so I kind of used to that match fit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, was the best? What was the best pub you visited over there? Lachlan?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 2: There was plenty of them.
Speaker 3: Why Actually didn't notice as an aim to be honest, but there was a few on the Royal Mile.
Speaker 6: Are they are?
Speaker 1: They all called you know, the King and the Clown.
Speaker 2: The Hour pussy Cat and the Wheel.
Speaker 1: Exactly all right, It's Lauren v Lachlan. May the best l win. Your names are your buzzes. It's the best of five, meaning the first one is to get three answers correct, wins the game and walk away with this incredible mitspishial electric air purifier. I never thought I'd say this, but I hope one of you suffers very badly from hay fever because your life is about to change. Question number one. Earlier this week, Kim Kardashian wore a piece of jewelry that used to belong.
Speaker 8: To Lauren, Lauren, christ Bess, Diana correct.
Speaker 1: What are your thoughts about that? Is that yukie or okay?
Speaker 8: Unusual?
Speaker 1: I guess it is. Ques number two omar is the word for grandma in what language?
Speaker 2: Lauren?
Speaker 1: Yes, I think there's a few. It says German here Italian is nona?
Speaker 5: Sorry?
Speaker 1: The rules that goes to you does wrong?
Speaker 2: I'm giving it to Lachlan. He's a vibe alright, it's one.
Speaker 1: See this is the problem in this show. Cheekiness will pay because I love it and you love.
Speaker 10: It all right.
Speaker 2: Question number three.
Speaker 1: Six years ago, Lewis Capaldi released this hit.
Speaker 2: What is it called the song the Dayly?
Speaker 1: Yes, Lachlan I was cunning used to being someone you love. Yes, No, that's so what he said. It's two for Lachlan.
Speaker 3: I know, I mean a point for it though, so yeah, so currently lachlans on two, Lauren's on one.
Speaker 2: Lockey. Question four is for the win. Lauren, you're still in it?
Speaker 5: Okay what Lachlan, you're the best and also Lauren, you are too. I love your little gig welcome mag What do Americans call tomato sauce?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Lachlan, it is ketchup now, Lachlan, True answers only. You've obviously won the Mitsubishi Electric air purifier, which is magical, and you want that? Do you really want the bum bag? True danswers only. Oh no, Lauren, you've got the bum bag.
Speaker 2: We're all winners here on a Friday.
Speaker 1: You get the massive mitsubishilctric air purify. It's worth nearly eight hundred bucks. Mate, well done, you are welcome.
Speaker 2: That was a Friday quizy. If I've ever heard one.
Speaker 1: The Crissy Swan showed swims. He doesn't sound as much like Travis Kelcey in that one.
Speaker 2: No, a lot of teddy in the show today, there is.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, too much teddy is never enough teddy. You're listening to the Chrissy Swan Show on Nova and I have patented equipment for you to get inside my.
Speaker 2: Head pray for us all. Are you going to be paying for psycho bills?
Speaker 9: Oh no, no no.
Speaker 1: When you hear this segment, win mills of my mind. Do you hear it and go? That's not familiar to me. My brain doesn't sound like that. Like, what are you? What is your feedback? And then I'll tell you what the general sensors from my hundreds of thousands of.
Speaker 3: People have made hundreds of thousands your reckon, that's how many dms you're going through?
Speaker 1: Seven million?
Speaker 2: Wow for a busy lady. I can't believe you find the time for everyone.
Speaker 3: I have thoughts, obviously, we all have thoughts, but yours are just a lot quicker, like there's a lot more going around that windmill whereas mine.
Speaker 2: So if I take my thoughts for a walk, I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I don't have I have no time to take anything for a walk, because all of a sudden there is another unrelated, illogical thought that pops up. Anyway, I give to you the second recording from inside my brain, and keep listening because there is a special guest in this one.
Speaker 14: Oh like a circle and a SPI like a wheel within a wheel, never end again.
Speaker 6: I'm a nervous smelling week.
Speaker 1: That's a dusty springfield.
Speaker 7: By the way, I'm miss Raspberry elbas in shoe pastry from Patterson's Bakery.
Speaker 6: I wonder why they went under that song Don't call me up by Mabel Banger. She's Nina Cherry's daughter.
Speaker 1: I'm sure I had some green paint leftover, actually some of that funny baby.
Speaker 6: Poo yellow stuff too. Hm hm. When did Gwyneth Paltrow's dad pass away?
Speaker 7: Because I'm pretty sure Chris Martin must have written Fixed you for her.
Speaker 1: Tru Fix.
Speaker 7: Plants near the garage are dying. Bob Geldof's kids have the greatest names. I wonder what Bob Geldof is doing right now?
Speaker 6: Hi, chriss, I'm right here, Bob Geldoff.
Speaker 14: Yes, it's me.
Speaker 6: I'm inside your head roomier than I imagined. Oh, thank you? I think, what are you doing here? Doing Australia next year?
Speaker 8: So I don't pop in through your rear role into this vast empty space and say hello, hello, hell.
Speaker 14: Yeah, no that.
Speaker 6: Thank you for entering my whole beg your pardon. I feel strangely compelled to say that.
Speaker 7: If you want to enjoy an evening with Bob Geldof, go to takedaity dot com.
Speaker 14: Good girl. Now, how do I get out of here?
Speaker 6: I wish I knew Bob. I wish I knew. I've been stuck in here myself for fifty one years.
Speaker 1: I didn't even feel him come inside.
Speaker 2: Way ahead. We should have just gone straight out there. Oh well, oh my god, went from my.
Speaker 1: Little last this year, the Chrissy Swan Show. Let's empty out that correspondence bag, Chrissy's correspondence. Every time we do that, I imagine a big, you know, fabric sack emptying.
Speaker 2: Out, say like Santa sack.
Speaker 1: Yes, oh my god, Christmas is around the corner, my friend.
Speaker 2: Like I said, start a shared notes with your loved ones of what you want. No, you don't.
Speaker 1: You know what the sad thing is is when you get old like me, you really don't get any presents. I went out for dinner with I mean, I digress. I'm supposed to be reading the mail bag. But I went out for dinner with friends last night and he said, he's a grown man. He said, what do you get for your birthday? And I was like, not much. You don't get. You know, when you're little, you get pressive.
Speaker 2: Lots of stuff, lots of physical things.
Speaker 1: I've got some beautiful things from my kids, and gorgeous things from you, of course, bunch of flowers, but like not you know, lists of things, you know, which is how I like it. I don't need anything.
Speaker 2: Do your kids buy you stuff for Christmas? Do they like that?
Speaker 1: Yes, they do, yeah, yeah, because I've taught them from a young age that it is a superpower to give a good gift, and they're getting it. Let's go to Danny C who has written us and emails specifically about my new segment, Windmills of My Mind, because a lot of people say, hey, what's it like to be inside your head? Chrissy A penny for your thoughts? And I've done you know, as you've previously heard on this show, I have worked out the technology to record my inner thoughts.
Speaker 3: Grab today's podcast on an overplayer app if you missed part two of them.
Speaker 1: Yes, there's a special guest involved today, Danny says, for your information, your Windmills of Mine Mind segment cracked me up because I thought I was the only one who thought that way. Can I tell you, Danny I have I wish I had a dollar for every message I got going, oh my god, are you in my brain dead? How reassuring is.
Speaker 2: That you know that it's not just you.
Speaker 3: Obviously I have thoughts, but that just your thoughts are just so funny and whack. I wonder if fairs are.
Speaker 1: The same, and did you know that they are my actual thoughts. I believe every time they pop into my head, I send myself a message.
Speaker 2: Jot them down.
Speaker 1: Good. Yeah, okay, here we hear from Liz. She says after hearing, Oh no, sorry, I was listening to you on the radio yesterday and you're explaining what you got for your birthday. Have your birthday, by the way, And I'm just trying to remember the brand name of the pens you said were really good. Well, I love a good pen, and I came across these by accidents in my daughter's bedroom, if one could say, I was sniffing them out. They are called a Stetler Tripless. And when I responded to Liz, I did say they come in a pack of sixty, which no doubt you will get eventually. But I started with a small pack of twelve.
Speaker 2: But you did what did you show me the other day? You had sixty the other day?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 1: That was my birthday present peg.
Speaker 2: They were the sixties.
Speaker 1: Sixties.
Speaker 2: They looked like hectic, but you've got to work up to that.
Speaker 1: I started at twelve. Do the sample pack first, and then you'll go for the sixty, no doubt. While we're still on my birthday, Mandy had a query after I said I was born on Melbourne Cup Day my whole life. Dad has said that I was born close to the big race on Melbourne Cup Day, and he could even quote who won, right, and never questioned.
Speaker 3: I loved hearing that because I love the idea of Pats is laying there on the bed with the Melbourne Cup up on the yeah.
Speaker 1: And Dad's smelling like four seven eleven and you know, come on exactly, exactly, No, apparently it was all made up. I shall get Dad on the show next week to clarify. She was listening Mandy and she's said, hang on a minute, I was born on Melbourne Cup Day. And I'm fifty one and the same age as Chrissy, and it's been folklore in my family. But I was born on the sixth of November and Chrissy was born the third, so we can't both have been born on Melbourne Cup Day. And so she googled the date and in fact, Melbourne Cup Day in nineteen seventy three was November sixth, not the third.
Speaker 2: So the major has been lying to you your whole life.
Speaker 1: Everyone's been lying to me. Unless it was like Derby, I was.
Speaker 3: Gonna say it could have been another race day though it's still it could have been Derby or something.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna have to clarify this with you this weekend. You need to call him.
Speaker 1: Chris with a K reached out after hearing his talk about Jason Kelsey. I did say that Jason Kelsey punched somebody who used a homophobic slur, and Chris very sternly says, give us a Chris voice. Just hoods up about some news that you guys passed out a few minutes ago. Jason Kelsey didn't punch anyone. He grabbed the idiot's phone through it on the ground. Please watch the video if you're going to report him.
Speaker 2: Fair call Chris.
Speaker 9: I love cool.
Speaker 1: I didn't watch that video. I didn't. I didn't need to. I just read the believe their headlines.
Speaker 2: It was a swat.
Speaker 1: Dean wants to do a new segment. She loves the show and she wants to do a segment called Ask Jack, and she's going to kick it off. Her current dilemma is that her youngest son is turning eighteen. What should she get him? Because you've got such fine taste.
Speaker 3: Ooh okay, off the top of my head, really quickly. The presence that I've loved over the years would be in really nice wallet. Yes, a really good overnight bag. I feel like when you turn eighteen and you start maybe flying places or mates. There's a brand that I love, Rains. They do a really nice black overnight bag. I also received my Teini glasses that I really loved and use at home. That probably is a little bit too Jack.
Speaker 1: Charles, it's glorifying alcoholm.
Speaker 2: I'll keep thinking for you, and I'll reach out to you with anything else.
Speaker 1: And do you know what I think is really nice for a newly hinted man, and really nice fragrance. I know that because my son is mad for fragrances. Let's finish with our favorite ones, Jack, you love them, I love them. Yes, we have got some negative male here. You and I were talking about how subjective senses of humor are. We both don't find Adam Sandler that funny. He's too shouty for me and he's too foolish for you. Well end Scott eight says I don't find you funny, and ask Tito says you're Australian. You don't admit anybody funny or even imagine somebody outside.
Speaker 2: I was doing better your wee.
Speaker 1: Chrissy swanshow oh not long until the kid Lerroy is in the Nova Red Room, very exclusive gig.
Speaker 2: I'm still mad that I'm not going.
Speaker 1: I can't believe you're not going.
Speaker 2: I mean, I could fly myself up for it. But do I love him that much?
Speaker 1: Chrissy clicks, yes, you do.
Speaker 9: So.
Speaker 1: I don't know what you're up to. I think you're you're just cocooning a little bit. I get it after the week that you've had James Bond. Frankly, the Daniel Craig who played James Bond recently is in the news and it just made me miss James Bond, and like, how long has it been since we've had a James Bond film. I'm looking it up right now, twenty twenty one?
Speaker 2: And was that who did the song for that? Was that the Billie Eilish one?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 2: I think so, No Time to Die?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I feel like we're do you another one? And there was a big like fural kfuffle rumor mill about who was going to play the new James Bond because Daniel Craig stepped down.
Speaker 3: We still don't know, no, and we don't even what's her name. Barbara Brockley is at the Bent Barbara Brockley, Barbara Brockley. Usually she's in the press like sort of dropping hints on who it might be. We haven't had that for like six months. Yeah, which means they're not even in production yet.
Speaker 1: It is crack.
Speaker 2: We only have one for years.
Speaker 1: Well, James Daniel, I just call him James Bond. He's synonymous with it. Daniel Craig doesn't want to talk about James Bond any more. He sat down to do a s junket for his new film Queer with an actor called Drew Starkey, who's got the most exquisite angelic face and vibe. I've not seen him in anything out of ten. He's a really beautiful boy, like you would say that anyway. They're in this film together. They were, you know, put through some twenty questions by Variety and have a listen to the answer given actually by his co star Drew Starky about how many Bond films Daniel Craig had made.
Speaker 2: How many Games Bond films has Daniel meade? Are you asking me that I have to write the answer.
Speaker 6: I'm going to get it wrong.
Speaker 14: I answer gone.
Speaker 2: Too exactly. I don't know either.
Speaker 1: Five five, Drew Starkey wrote, too many is the official number.
Speaker 3: Which makes me think, like on set and when they've been sort of chatting that Daniel Craig's opened up about the fact he was over James Bond those last couple of films.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. How many has he made?
Speaker 14: Fast?
Speaker 4: Was it?
Speaker 1: Five?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 1: Then the questioning turned two Daniel Craig about James Bond and his replacement.
Speaker 2: If you were to pass the Gems Bond torch, who would you love to see play him?
Speaker 14: I don't care.
Speaker 1: I don't I don't care. He's one of the greatest answers of all time. Now, someone that we do care about is the Block and the episode that we've all been waiting for, the big auction episode is this Sunday I Reckon. It's the sort of TV that even if you've not watched a frame of the series, you will tune in.
Speaker 2: And watch it, watch the auctions. It's good fun.
Speaker 1: You absolutely got to. And there was a little bit of an expose or one on one an evening with Oprah's style interview last night with Kylie and her forgettable husband Spread. They sat down with said, Costello want a current affair, and you know they seem good.
Speaker 2: Kylie and Brad are back and we're told together we definitely learned some things along the way.
Speaker 14: Did I learn anything?
Speaker 6: She wouldn't have meant it if she didn't.
Speaker 15: I just stuck to my guns, and we just have to see the ending be the ending. We just want everyone to like, we love everyone and we actually want them all to do. But we want everyone to come away from this with something achievable.
Speaker 1: And I don't even understand what that means. What do you mean come away with something achievable?
Speaker 2: I think she means come away with a lot of money.
Speaker 1: That's what That would be nice. That would make the ordeal that they went through worths.
Speaker 3: I kind of hope they win, like I hope they make the most money out of everyone, because they provided the most drama.
Speaker 2: They deserve yes to get the cash.
Speaker 1: And then they delivered a cheating scandal which wasn't really to scandal. They nearly broke up their long term relationship flash marriage over it.
Speaker 2: She nearly ran into a penguin in the pitch black of the Night in Philip Island.
Speaker 1: She would have really hurt her feet when she was barefoot on the freeway, so it's called compensation.
Speaker 2: I do agree.
Speaker 3: By speaking of Channel nine, Swanny, Chrissy's couch is back Monday. That's where we set you a task on Monday. You have to call us back Tuesday with the answer and you get a thousand dollars cash.
Speaker 1: Couldn't be easier.
Speaker 2: Enjoy your weekend, Swanny. I hope it's RESTful and relaxed.
Speaker 1: Thank you and saying to you Rickie, Lee, Tim and Joel taking you all the way up to the prespers of the weekend. We'll see you Monday. The Chrisy Swan Show is a Nova podcast. For more great comedy shows like this, head to novapodcast dot com.
Speaker 9: Do you