Speaker 1: Late General Man, welcome the late base.
Speaker 2: Well, good evening and thanks for joining us.
Speaker 3: I'm James Macpherson with Liz Storer and filling in for Caleb Bond Joe Hildebrand on this historic day as US President Joe Biden announces he's dropping out of the presidential campaign.
Speaker 2: We'll get to all of that in a moment.
Speaker 3: Plus a little later, we want to show you an AI fashion parade featuring world leaders. It's incredibly realistic, demonstrates just how advanced AI has become, and it's gone viral forty million viewers in less than twenty four hours since it was posted. Plus, when we look at what's making news tomorrow, we'll detail how the papers are covering today's US presidential news. Now, we've got Annalie Nielson, our Sky News correspondent waiting for us in Washington, d C. We'll go to her in just a moment to get the very latest. But just before we do, Liz and Joe, just give me your first reactions when you heard the news today that Biden had said, that's it.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to stand for reelection.
Speaker 1: I just want to know if he knows that he's resigned, because very few people are talking about how utterly insane it is that the president of the United States of America has resigned.
Speaker 4: Via a tweet. A tweet.
Speaker 1: Nobody's seen or heard from him today. The last we saw of him was im boarding or rather I'm getting off air Force one. After announcing that he had COVID, many people were like, does he even have COVID. He's not wearing a mask. This just doesn't seem believable. And the next we hear from him is this tweet from a Twitter account. We know that he doesn't tweet to himself, it's always one of his staffers, So I want.
Speaker 4: To see the man himself.
Speaker 1: To me, this just seems it's so unprecedented that one would simply resign the highest office in the.
Speaker 4: World by tweeting. That is nuts. That is absolutely nuts.
Speaker 5: Luzzie Joe, what about you?
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's an old saying, how did you go bankrupt? At first very slowly and then very quickly? And that seems to me how Joe Biden lost the presidency, Like he wouldn't go, wouldn't go, dug In, didn't go when he should have, and it could have been of some benefit to the actual party and the nation then and then suddenly he just it's just like bang, that's it. And apparently those around him, and there's been reports. I haven't confirmed them, obviously, I'm not in Delaware or the White House, but there are reports that even those closest to him, and we had his own co chair of the campaign hours early. No, he's definitely the nice. So he's made fools of those around him, and he's suddenly spontaneously going, that's it.
Speaker 5: I'm out, not even planning.
Speaker 6: It or executing it, giving it the dignity of a farewell speech or standing up in front of the it's embarrassing to be all right.
Speaker 2: Well, let's go live to Washington, d C.
Speaker 3: Where our Sky News correspondent and Aalise Nielsen is waiting for us.
Speaker 2: At least thanks for joining US Legal.
Speaker 3: Liz Store has already preempted my first question, but I'm going to ask it anyway.
Speaker 2: And I can't believe we have to ask this.
Speaker 3: But bearing in mind, no one's seen Joe Biden for days. He's hiding away with COVID, and he made the announcement via a Twitter account he does not control. Are we absolutely sure the US president knows that he's not running for reelection.
Speaker 7: Look, it is bizarre that they've chosen to do it this way. And when they announced it via Twitter yesterday afternoon, there had already been a lid called on the White House press course, so that's essentially the White House says, there's nothing happening today, so you can stand down. You don't need to be on standby for any potential changes. And the assumption was that that was going to change, that there'd be some kind of announcement in the hours after, there'd be some kind of address, like we saw with Lyndon Johnson when he resigned from the campaign. When Richard Nixon stepped down, we saw an address, and then as it became clear that we weren't going to see him, it really did raise questions about why, especially considering that the Press Office hasn't been forthright about his clear decline that we've been witnessing in public. They have called it cheap fakes when we all saw the same plane videos showing that he was having issues.
Speaker 8: So it is a real question.
Speaker 7: It is on the minds of many, and they've said that he'll address the nation later this week. They're circulating now potentially Tuesday, night.
Speaker 8: But it is utterly bizarre.
Speaker 1: Annally's given that in the twenty twenty primaries Kamala had to drop out because she got less than two percent of the vote, we know that she's not exactly popular with the lay party of the Democrats. They've of course got to make their own decision at the DNC. Roughly four thousand delegates four thousand votes.
Speaker 4: Are involved there.
Speaker 1: What do you think is the likelihood that given so many of the people that we have been considered as maybes who would put their hands up, whether it's Newsome, whether it's to Jedge, the list wears long, so many of them have now pledged their.
Speaker 4: Commitment to backing Camala.
Speaker 1: What do you think we might see at the DNC next month.
Speaker 7: Well, it would have to be a revolt from the ground level up, because you have to look at it from the perspective of all the maybes.
Speaker 8: Why would you want to get into this mess?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 7: The reason that Joe Biden apparently really decided to tip this to the direction of pulling out was that he was shown polling that showed not only was he going to lose every swing state, he was going to start losing safe blue states. He was going to be looking at risking New Mexico and Virginia's been on the line for a while and they were saying, look, you're going to lose that too, So it was going to be quite a humiliating defeat if the trends continued. You can imagine all these young up and comers who have time, who have states that they're already the governor's self, why would you jump into this now? And especially running alongside Kamala Harris. She needs someone who really wants to put forward her agenda, who wants to work with her personally, and she hasn't come up through that traditional party route. You're right, she dropped out of Iowa before she ever had to face a voter. She basically made that one appearance on stage where she insinuated that Joe Biden was racist because he perpetuated racist policies from his time in the Senate and then dropped out and ended up on the same ticket as him.
Speaker 8: That's all completely true.
Speaker 7: So when you're looking at who's going to jump into this, it could be that the delegates themselves decide, and this is what's going to be happening over the next few days, that these delegations were seeing from Connecticut. They're going to hold a special meeting and they'll decide are we going to support collectively Kamala Harris. I mean, there's nothing to stop these delegates saying no, actually we like someone else and picking whoever they like, and then it might force the hand of someone else to throw their hat in the ring.
Speaker 6: Annelise, I wanted to ask what your response was, and that of the press pack generally in Washington, and indeed the community in Washington. There seems to be from a distance a sense that that you know, Rome is burning while the Democrats fiddle. It must seem pretty sort of crazy and chaotic there at the moment.
Speaker 8: Look, I can.
Speaker 7: Tell you I was copying it a bit from people here that I was going too far in my reporting of Joe Biden's clear cognitive decline, and I just thought it was this kind of ridiculous scenario where I was just trying to tell people something different than what they could see with their own eyes. It was just absurd, and I think it was just such a foregone conclusion. The panic really set in after the debate, and then for the last few weeks it's just been kind of a day by day prospect. But I will tell you the one thing we did all expect, and we were all as we were among tons of journalists at the R and C. We were discussing how Biden was going to pull out, and the collective just assumption was, of course, it will be an oval office address. So none of us thought it would happen over the weekend because we thought he's still got COVID, he'll have to come back for it. But also there's similarly a lot of of Kamala Harris and Washington DC. So I think a lot of them think this is kind of the thing that's saved the more and but need to spend a little more time outside the Beltway and alise.
Speaker 3: This decision by Biden not to recontest certainly throws the election on its head. Do you think Trump might be regretting doing so well in that debate that he essentially ended Biden's presidency.
Speaker 7: I think they knew exactly what was coming. And I've said this a few times and I do truly believe it that we're looking at a very different iteration of Donald Trump and that he was so restrained in that debate that he let Joe Biden kind of do it to himself on the stage. She didn't steamroll him, he wasn't bullying him. He really just let it happen. And so I think he's also got quite a strategy laid out for dealing with Krmla Harris as well, because I don't think she'll do as well on the debate stage as she did against Mike Pence, who's definitely more of a kind of reserved womanly type. But I think from their perspective it was just a win win. But to say that as well, I mean, anything can change in the next few months. I don't think this is just a foregone conclusion that we have a Trump presidency coming back in. I mean, we've already seen so many twists and turns in this there's always the October surprise and US elections. I wouldn't be putting my cash down on it a bet just yet if you're so inclined, because anything can still change, an Alie.
Speaker 1: There's been an ipsource poil Reuter's pole just earlier out this month that put up Michelle Obama as the only Democrat in hypothetical matches who could beat Donald Trump. We know that the Obamas are one of the big names that have not yet come out and endorse Kamala as so many have.
Speaker 4: What are you hearing there on the ground in Washington.
Speaker 1: Do you think there is any chance of an Obama Trump face off.
Speaker 7: I think it's kind of funny because it turned out it started out to such a right wing talking point that oh, yeah, they're secretly trying to parachute Michelle Obama in And they've spoken about it long enough that I think people on the other side have said.
Speaker 8: Hey, actually, that's not the worst idea.
Speaker 7: It's kind of one of these things that they've brought into reality themselves. I mean, you just can't rule anything out at this point. I just don't think she seems particularly interested in it. It would also be very hard to take to the voter's her track record, because she doesn't really Being a first lady is a tough task, of course, but to try to spin that into being qualified to be president. It didn't work very well for Hillary, and she had much more experience in governance. She was former Secretary of State, and so.
Speaker 8: To try and spin that would be hard.
Speaker 7: But they are banking on people just hating Donald Trump that much, and the problem is that they've found that people have kind of moved on forgotten about it. I've met a lot of people who are saying voting for Donald Trump for the first time this election. I've started calling them Trump rounds because they come around to Trump and it is this kind of phenomena where they're just so frustrated with what's happening now that they'll take anything different and they don't hate Donald Trump as much as the Democrats were banking well.
Speaker 3: And Ales, thanks so much for your time tonight. We really appreciate you filling us in on the latest there in Washington, d C. Let's talk about how all of this unfolded, because it was quite hysterical.
Speaker 2: We've already alluded to how unusual this.
Speaker 3: Announcement from Biden was, but it was made all the more unusual by the fact that the co chair of Biden's election campaign, Cedric Richmond, just a few hours before Biden dropped out, assured TV viewers Biden was well and truly staying in the race.
Speaker 1: Has Joe Biden lost control of the Democratic Party.
Speaker 9: No, he's not, and he's heard those concerns, and I want to be crystal clear, he's made a decision and that decision is to accept the name domination and run for reelection when reelection. And I think that there are those out there that need to hear it again.
Speaker 3: I want to be crystal clear, LI is and there's those that need to hear it again.
Speaker 2: A couple of hours later, whole story had changed. What on earth are they doing?
Speaker 3: Do you think this was the plan all along and there's just a few Obama and so on knew exactly what was happening, or they literally making this up as they go the.
Speaker 1: Whole world's stage like after what we have seen over the past few where it's hard to believe that most of this isn't perfectly orchestrated. Certainly someone knew what was going on, but many of Biden's team, enough of them have come out and said.
Speaker 4: We didn't know.
Speaker 1: Minutes before his tweet dropped, we didn't know either, So they were very much on the back foot. So perhaps his campaign co chair Cedric Richmond there was completely blindsighted.
Speaker 4: And who knows.
Speaker 1: I mean, Biden has received a lot of flak saying, you know, it was selfish to leave it this long and he should have done this sooner. Now the Dems are on the back foot, and they've.
Speaker 4: Got to have a big flurry because.
Speaker 1: The election is breathing down our necks, et cetera, and so on. But given this guy's mental capabilities right now, you can understand why this would have been a very hard decision for him to reach. His IQ isn't exactly peaking, neither is his EQ. It was only until I guess enough of his nearest and dearest said to him, mate, you have to get out.
Speaker 4: We're just going to lose in a landslide.
Speaker 1: At least if we put somebody else in, we can put up a better fight.
Speaker 2: You know, today is National ice cream Day. In the art of that's cruel.
Speaker 3: There is a cruel line that maybe they just offered him.
Speaker 6: Look it's true ice. Yeah, I have no doubt that it's true.
Speaker 5: I think that the incredible.
Speaker 6: I mean, you talk about the criticism that Biden's had heaped upon him. He deserves absolutely every last leak. See very good. I thought i'd do that for it is nationalized friend Day after all, But it wouldn't be the first coin that Hunter had.
Speaker 5: I can promise you that has.
Speaker 4: He wasn't capable.
Speaker 5: But that's right. So the ve becomes those around him.
Speaker 6: Well, I think he has periods of lucidity, and you know, according to some reports, he was seething as he realized he was going to have to do.
Speaker 2: This between ten am and four pm.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 6: I'm not I'm not convinced that the window would be that long. But clearly, you know, even people until like people with dementia and you know, still have moments of lucidity for a very long time. Clearly, Biden, even from what we've seen publicly, it has you know, it is usually more more lucid than not. But but the fact that he couldn't or didn't come to this decision himself when it would have been a benefit to the party and to the nation is disgraceful. The fact that he couldn't or didn't or wouldn't, that those around him would refuse to do the same, presumably for their own personal interest whatever they may be, whether they be future political ambitions or whether it just be because they like the cushy life of the White House, is absolutely disgraceful. Now people talk about Joe Biden making a sacrifice or serving the nation, bullshit, that is not his house, that he lives in the White House, is not his house. It is a house that belongs to the American people. It is a house that he got to because of the Democratic Party machine that rally behind him. It's just like, you know, it's just like Senator Senator Payman, or it's just like Senator Thorpe, who think I suddenly now that I'm on top, now that I'm here, then it's all about me. That is the opposite of what is supposed to be collectivist or progressive politics. You only get there because of the machine, because of the people that put you there. And then you say, oh no, but I'm the president. It's all mine now and I'm not giving it up, even though day after day after day after day it is clear to absolutely everybody that you are just handing over state after state after state to Donald Trump, who you yourself say, is some crazy dictator who's going to destroy the country. So, even by your own reckoning of what this person is and what their threat is to democracy and to the country that you prepare to love, you still value your own cushy lifestyle in the White House, even after all the evidence coming through that is showing that you are going to burn that house down, and it is a disgrace. I feel nothing but absolute fury and anger at him, and he's in a circle. They do not deserve a jot of sympathy from me or anyone else who believes in progressive politics or America or democracy.
Speaker 3: Well, just on that point of people loving the trappings of the White House, Jill Biden, of course, we know, really did love her husband being president.
Speaker 1: I mean, in their defense though they both spend most of his presidency and Delaware.
Speaker 3: But I mean, you've got to feel for Jill Biden because she's on the cover of Vogue magazine next month. In just a couple of weeks this was due to be released. I don't know if they'll still print it, and I'm not sure if you can see the subheading on the magazine cover, it says, we will decide our future. If they that magazine cover, maybe they go with the photo. They still call her the first Lady, but instead of saying we will decide our future, maybe they just change that to read George Clooney has decided.
Speaker 4: Our future has been decided.
Speaker 1: But speaking of people that I just utterly despise, I think Jill has to be held responsibly.
Speaker 4: What kind of vile.
Speaker 1: Human being, knowing her husband has ailing mental faculties props him up for years. At least that guy's sick. Okay, that guy has clear issues. Everyone can see it if you listen to him speak for thirty seconds. We've had people who are professionals in Parkinson saying I could have diagnosed this guy.
Speaker 4: Just watching him walk through a car park.
Speaker 1: It is that obvious. Mentally and physically, he is ailing. It has been that way for years. What kind of wife forces their husband just keeps propping us up. She should have been the first one to say years ago, honey, it's time to tap out.
Speaker 4: Instead, she's been the one that he's been.
Speaker 1: Like blindly groping for a thousand times on stage. Is he's sitting down in chairs that don't exist, He's staggering off to the wrong side of the stage. He's referring to her as somebody else. The eyes of the world have been on this for a very long time, and that woman has done nothing but prop him up, pretend like nothing's going on. If anything, I despise her more than him, because at least he has dementia. At least he's living in an alternate universe in his own head, whereby he probably thought he was doing what was best for the nation by staying in the race and hanging on to.
Speaker 4: It with everything.
Speaker 1: People his nearest and dearest surrounding him knew the truth, and they just kept him in the race. And is there any wonder that it then took him so long to come to the same conclusion because they had been dis on for so long. They propped up his delusions. I'm up to it. I can take Trump on again.
Speaker 3: When you said his nearest and dearest, I wasn't sure whether you meant Jill and Hunter or MSNBC and CNN.
Speaker 4: All of them.
Speaker 3: An Alie Snelson was talking about the fact that, having announced he was dropping out of the race via Twitter. Joe Biden is expected to address the nation at some point, I suppose. But Joe, maybe the reason he hasn't addressed the nation immediately is because he should get quit. I say should, because you can't trust the media to ask if he's not fit to run for reelection, why is he fit to remain in the oval office for the next six or seven months. And the other question is, just sixteen days ago, he made a public address at which he said, let me be as clear as I can. I'm staying in the race. What's changed in sixteen days? Those are questions I can't imagine, And.
Speaker 5: That is why answer.
Speaker 6: That is why taking so long to make this decision is such a despicable move. And that's just one of many reasons. But yes, he's invited all this criticism, Mary. He could have easily said I beat Donald Trump. I got the highest ever vote in US political history. Clearly, I'm now over eighty years old. This is it's time for me to pass the torch onto the next generation and bow out a hero.
Speaker 5: He didn't do that.
Speaker 6: He had that opportunity, whether it was Laidy Macbeth in the wings who was egging him on, or whether or not it was his own pretty healthy ego. It has to be said, this is a bloker's wanted to be present for a.
Speaker 5: Long, long, long, long long time and has.
Speaker 6: A very very you know, as you do anyone in Washington, a very very healthy self regard and elephant tye hide. And so you know, I don't think he was just the innocent one. It's a trope throughout Roman history that it's always the evil wife or the evil stepmother that does it. All, but I reckon. He's got to own this. And again, the fact that he was so adamant was digging his heels in even after it was clear at all and Sundry that was untenable. It now makes his announcement via Twitter so absolutely absurd, and it does raise questions about what is left the five months that has left of his legacy as president, which just underscores their own own goal. And furthermore, it actually f's up the next candidate, who everyone knows was always probably going to be Karmla. But again, if he's just sided you know what, screw you all, I'm tweeting that I'm gone.
Speaker 5: You just sort it out, which is what it looks like.
Speaker 6: It looks like an active spite that blindsided those closest to him, even those who were still doing it. He's made them look stupid, he's made them look like lies. He's undermined their credibility so they won't necessarily be trusted when they're out on the campaign trail for the next person.
Speaker 5: So he sabotaged them too.
Speaker 6: And of course he's sabotaged whoever the next candidate is because by not telling anyone that, all right, I'm going to do this. I'm going to go out, How are we going to do this? How are we going to orchestrate it? Who are we going to endure?
Speaker 5: So are Karma Barrack? Are you going to do that? Are you going to do that?
Speaker 6: Clearly he's just decided no, it's all too toxic, and he's just cracked a hissy fit and got no, screw you. I'm putting out a twist.
Speaker 1: People have said, oh, well, he has COVID, so he couldn't have like faced up to the nation and done a proper address. But why wouldn't you just wait a couple more days so you can do it properly? If it is true that COVID is the reason why.
Speaker 4: You've had to just tweet this.
Speaker 1: From your basement or rather get a staff at two. Let's remember the last time a president of the United States actually resigned pulled out of the race, it was Lyndon Johnson back in nineteen sixty eight.
Speaker 4: At least the guy did a proper job of it.
Speaker 5: I do not believe.
Speaker 10: That I should devote an hour day of my time to any personal partisan causes, or to any duties other than the awesome duties of this office. The presidency of your country. Accordingly, I shall not see and I will not accept the nomination of my party for another term as.
Speaker 5: You're a president.
Speaker 4: I've course similar reasons.
Speaker 1: The polling was so bad they knew he was going to lose, and Nixon went on.
Speaker 4: To become the most popular.
Speaker 1: US elected president of his day at the time in American history.
Speaker 6: Well, this is the thing, and this is what happens. I'm not sure exactly, to be honest, how much Lyndon Johnson would have lost compared to the person who ended up replacing him. This is at a time when the Democratic Party was under a huge amount of pressure from dirty little hippie activists who were out there in Chicago. Mayor Daily of course cracked a few of their skulls with the local constabulary. Good to see the Democrats cracking down on left wing tritz, which the Labor Party would do the.
Speaker 5: Same thing here.
Speaker 6: But the point being this, this anti Vietnam sentiment, the protest, the activism spook the party, so the party weren't going to endorse endorse Lyndon Johnson, despite the fact he was the one who you know, put the pieces back together after Kennedy. In one in sixty four. First time time, This is the first time now and more than half a century later, that anyone has actually any party is actually not endorsed a sitting president.
Speaker 5: They even backed Carter for a second go. So there you go. So the party, I'll give it.
Speaker 6: The party decided, nah, we're not going to go with LBJ, We're going to go with mars ba For anyone.
Speaker 5: Who can name the candidate.
Speaker 6: I keep forgetting it myself, but have a look at how the nineteen sixty eight election ended up playing out. I think we've got a nice little graphic there. So what happened was Richard Nixon got three hundred and one of the electoral votes right, the electoral college votes right, That is an absolute landslide, that is more than fifty percent higher and more than times and a half what Hubert Humphrey, the Democrats candidate, got one hundred and ninety one. So an absolute landslide. And oh, they say, oh, but it's not fair because it's the electoral college vote. You know, that doesn't reflect the will of the people. Nixon also won the popular vote by about half.
Speaker 5: A million I think it was. Now and again, just remember, how do you remember.
Speaker 6: The sixties peace love protests against the Vietnam War, the left right, flower children, you know at Berkeley's, you know, Berkeley hate Ashbury, all this stuff, right, and that produced the biggest conservative landslide in US political history. Because it wasn't just Nixon that got up, because this was also the time of the Civil rights movement as well. So all these activists going down the South and doing voter registration, which is fantastic, that is one thing, absolutely one hundred percent support. But if we show that graphic again, there was another third candidate that ran.
Speaker 5: In this election.
Speaker 6: He was a bloke called George Wallace, who was a former Democrat himself a Southern Democrat, the mean and nasty, racist kind. He was an ardent segregationist, and he picked up almost fifty I think it's forty six electoral college vote, So he picked up those a few of those Southern states, and of course that tore away support from Hubert Humphrey, who will go down as history's smallest ever footnote.
Speaker 5: The interesting thing though, of course.
Speaker 6: Is he's JFK even if you put even if you're well the RFK that's right, even if you put all those.
Speaker 5: Votes together, but still don't come close to Nixon.
Speaker 6: So point being, Nixon gets in an absolute landslide kills it.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 6: Even with this other Democrat, even if you combine them both, they still don't get close to him.
Speaker 5: Now you've got Trump.
Speaker 6: Where people would walk through boiling hot lava to vote for Donald Trump, and he's no matter what happens with the Democrat number, Trump's number is not coming down. In fact, it's slightly kicked upwards, right, And so you've got Trump up here, comel up, maybe a bit down here. Maybe she gets in some of the swing states within five, it's not going to get it. But anyway, but RFK, who's he going to take votes from? There's no way any Trump voter is going to go at the last minute. Oh maybe I'm not a Trump guy.
Speaker 3: After I guess the difference, Joe, between nine sixty eight and now is that, as opposed to Hubert Humphrey, Biden has a brilliant successor and plan for succession in Kamala Harris.
Speaker 2: What could possibly go wrong?
Speaker 3: Biden tweeted today, I want to offer my full support and endorsement for Kamala to be the nominee of our party this year. Democrats it's time to come together and beat Trump. I'm not so sure they're going to come together around Kamala Harris, but who knows. And of course she will be unburdened or is that unbidened by what has gone before?
Speaker 11: I can imagine what can be and be unburdened by what has been. You know, what can be unburdened by what has been? What can be unburdened by what has been? What can be unburdened by what has been?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: I know you're thinking that's ridiculous, no one would ever vote for that, but trust me, there are some people who think she's quite brilliant and she's going to absolutely kill Donald Trump.
Speaker 11: It's going to get his ass eaten up by Kamala in the next to beat.
Speaker 8: That's their strategy.
Speaker 1: She's got light his ass up in front of the world and they're going to see it boom.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: She's got a wider floor with him, and that lady can't wait to see it. I mean, you've got to laugh, right because Biden's out due to his lack of cognitive abilities, so he's endorsed the woman with the IQ of a human lump of ham. I mean, it's not much different, really, And let's keep in mind, because we can all laugh about Kamala, her words salads, the fact that she never makes any sense. She kind of talks in rhyme. Nobody ever really knows what she's saying. One wonders if she knows what she's saying half the time.
Speaker 4: But this woman has a terrible track record.
Speaker 1: Take a listen to the debate back in twenty nineteen where Tulsi Gubbard wiped the floor with Kamala Harris, and every word that you're about to hear come out of Tulsi's mouth gospel truth.
Speaker 12: She put over fifteen hundred people in jail for marijuana violations and then laughed about it when she was asked if she ever smoked marijuana.
Speaker 13: She blocked evidence, She blocked evidence that would have freed an innocent man from death row until the courts forced her to do so. She kept people in prison beyond their sentences to use them as cheap labor for the state of California. And she fought to keep cash bail.
Speaker 12: System in place that impacts poor people in the worst kind of way.
Speaker 1: And that's to say nothing of the fact that this woman Kamala Harris created a bail fund for.
Speaker 4: Black Lives Matter rioters who.
Speaker 1: Were literally burning cities to the ground. She was also tasked with solving the border crisis, what in abject failure. She supported two propositions in California that made it much harder for law.
Speaker 4: Enforces to you know, enforce the law.
Speaker 1: And that includes what Tulsey just brought up there, the no cash bail against the will of Californians. Californians were like, we do not endorse this. She went ahead with it anyway. This woman is nothing but a DEEI Higher. We know that she became VP despite being incredibly unpopular, less than two percent of the vote at the DNC back in twenty twenty. She became VP because Biden said out in the open everyone knew it. Everyone knows it to this day he needed a woman and a woman who wasn't white. And now this DEI Higher is looking like the first pick for president of the United States of America just because the guy at the top of the ballot has dementia.
Speaker 3: I don't think that the Trump campaign, though, can attack her as a DEI Higher, because you run the risk of offending women who Trump already has a problem with. You also run the risk of offending the black community, who the Republicans are sometimes having trouble with. So exactly I agree with you is but Trump's Trump can't afford to go there.
Speaker 6: That doesn't matter because he doesn't like these are not his votes. He doesn't need these, so he's you know, again, he doesn't have the women anyway. So Karmala is not going to get this huge block of women voters who have gone to Trump, and they're going to somehow come back to the Democrats because it's Karmala. And again she's not going to get the black vote. The African American viots just all there.
Speaker 3: Somala's only really got one policy right, and that is abortion that that will be the major issue in this election. She did famously did a tour of abortion clips a few months ago. I can't think of another thing that Kamala Harris aside from Marxism, that she really stands for other than and abortion rights. Roe versus Wade reinstigating that will be a major issue.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I think I don't think the female vote can be discounted as a major issue here.
Speaker 6: But I suppose they've already what I'm saying is it is a major issue, but they've already made that decision. So sixty percent of women have done Yes, we are worried about reproductive rights, we are worried about abortion. We're voting Democrats, even when it's the demented guy who can't remember where he is or who the president.
Speaker 5: Of Russia is.
Speaker 6: So they're already there. So this is what I'm saying. They're already And there are plenty of female conservatives.
Speaker 5: Obviously as well, who was still voting for Trump. And just think about that.
Speaker 6: Forty percent of women vote for Trump, even after all his history, even after everything everything he's ever said about women, done to women, whatever, has all been laid back, they're still with him. They are not going anywhere, and they're not going anywhere.
Speaker 5: Just that.
Speaker 6: So this is what makes and again, she doesn't speak to Middle America. You know, she's she's an elite, she's obsessed with identity politics, she's from the co You know, these are all things that working class rust belt American voters hype about what the Democratic Party has become. In fact, we've got a couple of grabs here. This is Kamala Harris's policy on equality versus equity, and she explains it.
Speaker 5: Just pretend you're four years old. Have a listen.
Speaker 11: Equality suggest often everybody.
Speaker 8: Should get the same thing.
Speaker 11: Well, that often assumes everybody started out in the same place, as opposed to equity, which is everyone should end up in the same place. And if you then understand not everybody started out in the same place, you understand some people need more.
Speaker 4: So we all end up in the same place.
Speaker 5: So imagine your day day.
Speaker 6: Vance's people living in a trial of park thinking why am I working? You know, three jobs, no minimum wage? You know, I can't afford to put food on the table. What are they going to think?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 6: Again, she sounds like Megan Markel. Yeah, it's this sort of but it's also this kind of like like it's horrible, kind of like Instagram, Marxism. Yeah, like all these kind of cool little buzzwords, and I'm going to explain it to you like you're a moron.
Speaker 2: Well, it gets even worse.
Speaker 3: So, I mean, can you imagine her on the world stage, meeting with say Jijingping or Kim Jong is how she would introduce herself.
Speaker 11: I am Kamala Harris my punouns a.
Speaker 1: She of her.
Speaker 11: I'm a woman sitting at the table wearing a blue suit.
Speaker 3: I mean, can you imagine no one on the world stage will take her seriously? Jijingping and friends must be sitting back absolutely.
Speaker 1: So you can't blame Obama not backing this woman. I'm pretty sure you would have seen him on the few occasions where he's attended different events with President Biden. He seems to be pretty reluctant about it even then. So it comes with no surprise to anyone except for the person who wrote this headline. Barack Obama's surprise response to Joe Biden's bombshell. He says, we will be navigating this, is Obama. We will be navigating uncharted waters in the days ahead. But I have extraordinary confidence that the leaders of our party will be able to create a process from which an outstanding nominee emerges.
Speaker 10: I e.
Speaker 1: That outstanding nominee is no way in heck, Kamala Harris in Obama's estimation. I just think this is smart. Everybody else has come out. The Clinton's, all the people that you would say, oh, well, you know that's the that's the golden kiss.
Speaker 4: You've got it. Now, this poison Chalice that nobody else even wants.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's why she'll end up with it, because nobody else is stupid enough to go up against the Trump train. Nobody wants to burn their political collateral. They're all holding on till twenty twenty eight, when Trump obviously won't be able to run again, and the Dems are like, well, okay, whoever gets the gold this time as the presidential nominee actually as a chance.
Speaker 3: Except why has Obama clearly left it open? Pelosi has not endorsed Kamala Harris yet that I'm aware of, and neither is Chuck Schumer. So it does raise the question, I think, is there that October surprise or earlier as the I think the fact August that alast mentioned.
Speaker 6: The endorsement that matters the most is the endorsement of all of Karmela's would be rivals at the convention. So Gavin News, the Michigan they're just they're all just saying, They're all just.
Speaker 5: Saying, no, you have it, you take it, you take it.
Speaker 6: And because it's a poison Chalice, and they know she is going to crash and burn and Barack Obama, there's a certain other black woman that he wants to make president and it's Shaw's heck, ain't Kamala Harris exactly?
Speaker 2: Well, we're going to go to a break.
Speaker 3: When we come back, look at how the newspapers are covering all of this tomorrow.
Speaker 2: You'll hear it from us first, and mister Mumoth, welcome back.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look at how the papers are reporting this tomorrow. Obviously most of the national papers around the nation are going with the Biden story. We'll start with the Herald's Son. The headline reads, by Biden, Hello, Harris ailing, Joe finally quit selection race back's vice president to take on Trump. What I like about this front page Liz and Joe is the photographs. They've got a very clueless looking Joe Biden on the front page and a picture of Kamala Harris mid cackle.
Speaker 2: Which of course she's famous for.
Speaker 6: So I just thought it was one of the better shots of both of them. So there's a nice bit of a literation.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 6: I always love seeing how you know, when everyone just has to cover the same story, You're going, right, how do we make it.
Speaker 1: Different to the front page of the Courier Mail. Now, who did it better? Their headline Biden won't stand for second term.
Speaker 4: Time for a rest. Joe there, he is looking at his watch.
Speaker 1: Endorses VEEP to beat Trump, despite the fact that the polling shows that, as.
Speaker 4: It stands well, she can't beat Trump.
Speaker 6: I liked I like that, you know, time for arrest. They've got the point of difference. You know, he's looking at the watches, though the watch is going to explain to him and this is like what And also the whole thing is.
Speaker 1: Because they've given him a straight tend so he's he's looking very orange in this shot looking at his watch.
Speaker 5: Looks like Sylvia Bela Sconi.
Speaker 1: I bet that watch is one of the digital ones, because you know, it's harder to tell the.
Speaker 6: Time every one of those giant ones that sort of old people have where it's got just nothing but the time, like in giants.
Speaker 5: And digital letters.
Speaker 6: Yeah, one of those emergency buttons where the paramedics.
Speaker 4: And he's still not sure.
Speaker 3: I think the point clearly is his watch has stopped pretty much as.
Speaker 2: He has time has run.
Speaker 5: That's right exactly. This one.
Speaker 6: I like, this is the TiSER, which is out with the old And look at that look in Joe Biden's eye that is someone who is a card carrying member of Alzheimer's America. He is just absolutely like it's the glassy eye. You know, love Alzheimer's causes and got plenty of it in my family. But they have really just out with the old you don't even need to say the rest.
Speaker 3: They've also gone with the subheading there lame duck Biden quits race, alluding to the fact that and this will be a story over the next number of weeks that we now have a lame duck president or is he a lame duck? I mean he could literally do anything he wants in the next few months because he looks beholden to nobody.
Speaker 6: If anyone wants to be pardoned, now is your time?
Speaker 3: You've done somewhere, alluding to someone particular, Joe.
Speaker 1: I read some hilarious commentary today where they were talking about the reason why he didn't just be like, Kamala is.
Speaker 4: President, now I'm out, She's it.
Speaker 1: Tag team was because he needs the next few months to pardon, namely his family members for certain things that have I.
Speaker 3: Mean, just on that, I mean he said that he would not pardon Hunter Biden, but surely all bets are off now. I mean, he's clearly been pushed out of the presidency, so he'd be pretty ticked off. And the only thing that would matter now is ensuring the future of his himself and his immediate family.
Speaker 2: So it would not surprise to see him. Pardon.
Speaker 1: I just hope this does not mean the end of the investigative. There's several inquiries into the corruption of the Biden family. I hope that all still goes full steam ahead because there is so much.
Speaker 6: I'm pretty sure it will under the new guy.
Speaker 5: Sorry I said, I'm pretty sure it will under the new guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well I.
Speaker 1: Hope so rather than them just being like, well, he's out of power now, so we can, you know, spend our time on other things.
Speaker 3: Well, let's see how the Canberra Times is reporting the story. They've gone a bit more traditional drama in race for White House. Joe goes but ken kamala win is the question?
Speaker 5: Can I say? This is another?
Speaker 6: So there used to be a golden rule in newspapers where you would never ever put a question mark in the headline. They've started creeping back in a little bit now, but even so, the old rule used to be if a headline has a question mark, the answer is no.
Speaker 3: So when you say, what's the psychology in terms of selling newspapers though, is it bad for sales?
Speaker 2: People don't want to buy a.
Speaker 6: Head because you're meant to be You're meant to be the authority. People have questions. A newspaper's job is to provide the answer, so it's considered lazy. But also, as the saying goes, if the headline has a question mark, the answer is no. So it's like a lazy way of sort of stuff trying.
Speaker 5: To create drama or create you know, you.
Speaker 6: Don't quite you can't quite stack up the facts of the story to say this is it, This is the facts, this is what it is.
Speaker 5: So you sort of raise the question. So it's a bit sort of half baked.
Speaker 6: So again saying Joe goes, but can come all in and question mark The answer is no, So.
Speaker 3: Put on your editor's hat, just quickly rewrite the headline for us, Joe goes.
Speaker 6: Joe goes, but the Democrats are still tased.
Speaker 1: I love the work included by Kamala, which is already a lie. I will do everything within my power to unite the Democratic Party and unite our nation to defeat Donald Trump at his extreme Project twenty twenty five agenda. He himself has repeatedly poopooed Project twenty twenty five. Okay, so maybe start with getting you fats right VP to the front page of the Australia Now, switch for the Ages, Pudus pushed out DEM's back Harris as Trump card or like we did their cool play on words. Is it really a switch for the ages though, it's like twittled and tweedled dumb.
Speaker 4: It's like.
Speaker 2: Nine year olds the top that is.
Speaker 5: For the ages.
Speaker 4: But switch, Yeah, I was thinking numbers in terms of IQ. I wasn't thinking it's literally okay.
Speaker 6: That's good, very high brow of the oars. That's why I couldn't get it. That's why I got it that The Cans Post is also all in on the switcheroo the new presidential candidate.
Speaker 5: Time for a new route.
Speaker 6: Actually no, that's about a Corunda Range road that's not fit for purpose in the tablelands. So nothing to do with the presence in or.
Speaker 3: All right now in Tasmania, not quite as big a story in the Apple Aisle. The Mercury has gone with other news, but they have, to their credit put what do you call that at the top of the strap, a strap at the top of the paper. Harris steps up as Joe goes, and you'll find a story buried on page eight and page spread.
Speaker 2: Not quite so interested in life of a story.
Speaker 1: The crumb of Australia literally doesn't care. But you know who cares even less back on the main and the Northern Territory their front page, you wouldn't know anything was happening in the States. Nope, they've just got absolutely no interest here what soever.
Speaker 4: Doesn't even get to mention absolutely nothing.
Speaker 1: Although this is really sad down the bottom here a cops plea for change as nine lives lost in twelve days enough is enough. The Northern territories drink drive laws could be reviewed in the wake of a horrible road toll.
Speaker 4: With thirty nine lives lost so far this.
Speaker 1: Year, police have revealed a concerning trend among drivers they want to end.
Speaker 4: Nine lives lost in twelve days.
Speaker 5: That was a bit of a downer, Yeah, I.
Speaker 6: Mean I thought we were just I just love it the fact that the nten years doesn't like it's just like it just doesn't happen in the territory, just didn't happen.
Speaker 5: We don't care.
Speaker 2: There is a new band, Joe.
Speaker 5: He's right.
Speaker 2: That's page three.
Speaker 3: But just before we finish with the papers, there is one interesting story that is a non Trump slash. Biden's story lives on the front page of the in relating to the Greens and their plans for housing prices. If you're a homeowner, you will want to hear about this philis Inla's.
Speaker 4: Says Greens housing spokesman. I'm surprised to hear they have one.
Speaker 14: Max Chandler Mather has made clear the part minor parties policies are aimed at achieving a real decline in housing values over time to ensure the next generation has a better chance of buying a home.
Speaker 1: The headline reads, your home will be worthless with us, I mean way to sell yourselves.
Speaker 4: That's that's just great.
Speaker 2: He actually says, this is a direct quote.
Speaker 3: I think our goal, our stated goal is to stop house price growth to zero, so we'll get zero growth percent. So they're coming out and saying we want you. That's right, and value that's most people's only asset.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so this guy is obviously off the reservation. But this is the guy who stole what should have been an unwinnable seat for the Greens, and he he has gone, has made housing his whole thing. Housing is the biggest week spot for Labor. It is the biggest strength for Greens. They know it, Labor knows it, and that they don't stand to lose any voters as a result of this, because, of course, all their voters are young renters, not homeowners.
Speaker 3: Percent of Greens voters or their renters. Apparently we're going to go to a.
Speaker 2: Break when we come back.
Speaker 3: An AI fashion show featuring world leaders shows just how advanced AI really is.
Speaker 2: You want to see it. It's coming up in a moment. Welcome back.
Speaker 3: Well, listen, Joe, I've got admit I'm not really into fashion shows, which you can probably tell by the word address most of the time. Sure, but what about you, you a fashion officionado.
Speaker 2: Have you ever been to a fashion show?
Speaker 4: No, not what they call fashion nowadays.
Speaker 1: I'm very old fashion, So I like the vintage stuff, you know, the stuff that actually looks good on people and that you could wear in everyday life walking down the street without looking like an absolute freak. But someone has found a marvelous use for AI and has put together a world Leader's fashion show.
Speaker 15: What do you think, yure.
Speaker 5: Hillary actually looks better takes the cake?
Speaker 4: Surely?
Speaker 6: I found that quite quite sort of unsettled, felt very gender fluid.
Speaker 2: Elon must put that online now.
Speaker 3: Admittedly he's got a lot of followers on ex but it had had forty million viewers in less than twenty four hours, and it's pretty Why would you ever have a real fashion show ever again when you can get AI like that?
Speaker 6: But why would Elon Musk, who has all the AI, make himself look like newman from Seinfeld?
Speaker 1: Well he didn't put it together, he just shared it, so clearly he was happy with his appearance where he starts out in underpants. But I mean, when you're saying, just before the show jo that the vast majority of models won't be actual models?
Speaker 5: Reads up.
Speaker 6: I just read a post that must've mean. I haven't read the whole story because I'm part of the problem. But the Daily Telegraph said that a model agent said by twenty twenty five, Maybe it was a type of twenty thirty five, but it did say twenty twenty five, ninety percent of modeling shoots.
Speaker 5: Will be AI.
Speaker 4: That makes sense.
Speaker 5: You're watching one right now.
Speaker 6: I'm just very muchemaker talking about the White House and the leader of the free world. The real power is in the Vancouver Park Board, which has decided once and for all which attire is suitable for the local swimming pool. Finally, apparently you are not allowed to wear lingerie in the swimming pool amen anymore.
Speaker 5: So that's it.
Speaker 4: There goes going on degeneracy. There's a difference.
Speaker 6: There isn't where the g banger down the deep end anymore. Why go swimming in the first place.
Speaker 3: Well, that's it from us. Enjoy the rest of your evening, don't go anywhere. Coming up right now is the Rita Penney show.
Speaker 2: That's up now.