Speaker 1: Welcome to the Daily Telegraph and Roll podcast. I'm Michael, carry on its Dave Rick over and read Howie blakes down? Good?
Speaker 2: Nick pretty good?
Speaker 3: Nick pretty good?
Speaker 2: Nice, Yeah, staying out of the headlines ready, trying.
Speaker 3: Mate, not working, not not doing a really good job of it. But anyway, we'll just new bag of blokes as well soon.
Speaker 1: But well, speaking of dating countdown, he's on. Yep, it's gone through the house. It's still good.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's start with you, Dave, Nicko hines.
Speaker 1: You had a chat to him recently, the first chat post his origin snubbing. I guess we'll getting droped from the new Southwest Side. Well, as you read on it, how is he? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Firstly, I was pleasantly surprised to see how upbeat and and with clear of mind that Nick I was.
Speaker 1: Wasn't holding any hard feelings. Look, it would be ridiculous to suggest that he's not disappointed. Clearly disappointed.
Speaker 4: He wants to continue to stay in those rep teams, but at the same time, he understands its cutthroat didn't make the most of his opportunity, knows that his kicking game fell short, and ultimately wants to get back on track with Cronulla, he was, Yeah, I would say that twelve months ago, guys, he would.
Speaker 1: Be in a much deeper hole, but certainly not this time around.
Speaker 4: And I reckon the cold hearted nature of that acting coming on from the interchange bench into the centers for whose taboo probably stealed him for this decision. He knows that if a couple of things had gone his way, maybe with the Spencer Lenu Troue, maybe the forty twenty things might have been a little bit different. But at the same time, Blues, the Blues need to go and win the series, and Mitch Moses has got the jump on him.
Speaker 1: Big back half of the year for Nico, isn't it, because obviously it just fuels the chatter around him in the fuck you know, there's a stigma not there yet but starting to get there, whether it's fairly or unfairly, around Nico being able to win big matches, And obviously that's alleviated if you can guide into deep into the finals of the back half of the year and.
Speaker 3: The Sharks needing to bounce back right, was having a bit of a hole themselves. The Sharks when they're struggling defensive defense, horrible, So they can't afford for Nico to have a bit of a lean patch now. And look, I'm sure it'll be falling, as you said, David, and he went through it last year, so he's I think he's better equipped this time around to handle it. And it's hard to argue that he should have been there. I mean, he's didn't play well ultimately, and he's got to find a way to fix that. One of the things were smiling.
Speaker 2: Is your coffee spilling over there? Leaking the cup?
Speaker 3: Yes, a whole lot of leaks.
Speaker 2: Got it like plug, It's.
Speaker 1: Like an endorsement, he got there. You usually love a leak though.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, my coffee sadly.
Speaker 1: One of the things.
Speaker 4: It was interesting talking to him about, you know, the Dolphins performance last week all the Sharks and look, I really don't think attack was their problem. Crinla, Like, they laid on twenty eight points and put a huge comeback on the defensively, they need to seriously have a look at the start of that game was cool.
Speaker 3: How do you feel about the kick? Just felt like he was going to.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I asked him and he said, and it looks I know the narratives then and I'm going to get to that in a second.
Speaker 1: But he goes, I got my blood I put my bloody tea in the wrong spot. My ball position on the tee was the problem. I stuffed it up. You know that was his first miss at Sharp Park this season.
Speaker 4: Well he was so I'm talking about the conversion. Yeah, he didn't place the ball on the tee like he normally does.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's a worrying sign. That's a sign of panic. That's a sign of stress. There one hundred percent is that's not a clear mind going into the What are you talking about?
Speaker 3: That?
Speaker 1: That is a concerning that is worse than a miscue. Really not placing the ball correctly. He wasn't in the exact same well he placed the not readomly thrown on the round. He got it wrong. We're going to get fat wrong. That means his head's not there, mum in a in a big moment.
Speaker 3: That's a are you that's a strange because you would have thought you'd take extra care because that was the game.
Speaker 4: I thought it was a very detailed explanation on that he didn't have jelly legs and sprayed the key.
Speaker 2: I think it's a detailed explanation that his mind wasn't totally focused.
Speaker 3: It's a strange it's a strange mistake to make given the gravity of that situation, where you've been and the games. Basically the line that's bizarre. It is bizarre. It's a bit bizarre.
Speaker 1: Guys, it's not a tribute.
Speaker 5: One more point, one more point, and let me just put this ability to handle pressure, no doubt, needs to needs to continue to develop and mature as a half back because he's three seasons into his half back journey, three seasons.
Speaker 4: Daily Cherry Evans Mitch Moses eleven years, eleven years. If Daily Cherry Evans isn't kicking Nic off the park, well there's a problem.
Speaker 2: He should be.
Speaker 1: He should be.
Speaker 3: Is he working with someone on handling the big match, that big one of his big match temperament?
Speaker 2: Absolutely goal kicking coach.
Speaker 4: Ironically, ironically, Halligan was down there two days before that Dolphins game.
Speaker 2: That is one of the strangest things I've heard.
Speaker 1: Really, Yeah, I'd rather that he was nervous or like he had jelly legs, Like the fact that you can't in your moment to kick a goal to send the game into golden point that you can't center yourself and get your mind clear enough to line up a conversion attempt.
Speaker 3: I've got to say it is a concern. Big matches are becoming a concern when it goes and that becomes it just it's just magnified compounds and compounds, and.
Speaker 1: Its going to be it's going to be the native. Plenty of player movement over the last couple of days involving the Dragons and South. Let's start with the Dragons first. They've signed Damian Cook. Well, they will sign Damian Cook for the next two years from next season getting released from his final year a Day't over hype it, don't over hype it.
Speaker 3: Both getting in the ring.
Speaker 2: You're trying to try to no, Okay, what is she?
Speaker 1: What is she? Twofold? Right? Like, I love what he's going to bring to the club off the field, Okay, because you look at that site and aside from Ben Hunt, there's just no leadership, right, We've seen it at times when Ben Hunt's been missing through Origin there's just no senior players. So he brings that he's such a good guy, he's a good trainer, he can change standards and the like. Right, that's the positive The negative thing for me is that he is a thirty two year old hooker who spent some time in reserve grade this year on a two year deal. Okay, so say the Dragons and there are suggestions are that they're going to extend ben Hunt for a further twelve months, So in two years time, the Dragons will have a thirty four year old hooker and a thirty six year old halfback. I'm not sure, aside from Cooper kronk Le Cameron Smith, that that's ever been set up for success. Right, the two year deal, I feel like it blocks the Dragons potential now of signing a dummy half for the next two years to potentially be their their long term hooker.
Speaker 3: They weren't going to get one next year, mooted, And like.
Speaker 1: I honestly, I honestly believe at the stage of Cookie's career now that he's not far far superior to Jacob Little, right, And like, if I'm like Jacob Little, for me is a backup hooker. Okay, he's not a week in, week out, eighty minute. He's done a really good job for the Dragons this year, but if he's your number two hooker in your thirty man squad. I think that's a good balance, right, But I just I don't know. And the other concerning factor for me is that you've got Wayne Betett coming in, right, What does Wayne want to do next year?
Speaker 3: He wants to win?
Speaker 1: So Wayne's in and Cookie only had twelve months left on his contract. Okay, So if Wayne then believe that Damian Cook could help SOUTHENDI win a cop next year, regardless of the money he's on, he'd be at south Ini next year. No, no, No, they need to Doy need to shed players. They kept stuff. Of course, they need to shed players, Dave. But if if Wayne thought.
Speaker 4: But Cookie's gonna Cookie knows that he's still got football left in him, he was probably going to sus and said, I do you think you're going to extend me.
Speaker 1: Beyond the next tour. But we've seen Wayne, We've seen Wayne before go well no, like he did it with was it George Burgess who was going to get released to go to Paramatta knowing that there wasn't a contract left for him long term as well, and he opted to keep it because he thought he could win a comp. If Wayne and Wayne could have convinced Cookie that mate, I can get the best back out of you. If he truly believed that he could get the best forty back in Damian Cook, I think Damian Cook would be still be at South Sydney well, but then they're not signing anyone because they need to get rid of players.
Speaker 3: Is another areas I think I agree with you to an extent. I don't necessarily think it's a monumental signing for the Dragons.
Speaker 1: Like I said, I don't think it's maybe and I don't think it's a monumental blunder. Yeah, do you know what I'm saying, Like I'm sort of if we're like I'm on the this side of being.
Speaker 3: He'll do a good job for them, but they might have been better serve keeping that money and directed in another way because he's at the back end of his career. But in South's case, I actually think it's a smart move right because they've got Mamoizilla's there a lot in he's been ordered. I think it's a smart hook with the future and they need to direct funds into other areas, notably the their front row and their middle so you know, it freeze up a lot of cash from to go and go and strengthen deficient deficiencies in their squad, and Hooker wasn't a deficiency because Memoizilla's is there. So you know, for Souths it's a great move. For the Dragons, it's let's I don't know, let's wait and see. Now.
Speaker 1: I think it's a decent move.
Speaker 3: It turned out to be a master stroke.
Speaker 1: I think it's a decent.
Speaker 4: Move by Saints because I saw Shan Flanagan do it with Michael Lennis.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent different, totally different circumstances though, because Bernola we're in a Premiership window. They needed that polished Michael and Hiss game wasn't built on speed.
Speaker 2: No, no, won't Cook.
Speaker 1: He's gaining, understand but he wanted experience.
Speaker 2: Experience he does, he does, and any need that.
Speaker 3: Now, Ben Hunt and Damien Cook, do.
Speaker 1: You think it's a good It's good to have a thirty four year old hook and a thirty six year old I'm not.
Speaker 2: Worried about that.
Speaker 1: Cookies one of the fittest bikes I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: But we've seen we know it used to be a beach printer.
Speaker 1: I'm not worried about the age. Yeah, I think you have to be at that at that point when you're gonna have your seven, I.
Speaker 4: Think you're also completely dismissing the fact that you can only fish with a fish are if you Saint Georgia Laura, and right now they're not able to land big fish.
Speaker 3: The idea of moving Coyle Flanning. I know Corl has done really well at five eight this year. But what happened the idea idea of moving Coyle Flannag into.
Speaker 1: I've got the sense it was he's gone too well, and I think it was he has gone really well, And I think it was the sense of what they could sign first sound if they found a gun high then potentially that would have opened up the door for nine. I think, you know, and he's been really good, has been.
Speaker 2: I don't think.
Speaker 1: I don't think the doors closed on the Dragons signing a gun.
Speaker 3: Half.
Speaker 4: Look, you're you're completely locked into the ben Hunt thing. I think Cole could play. He could play if the Dragons went and signed a gun half. Cole could play back up nine or fourteen. Yeah yeah you know, so yeah yeah yeah, and still have a grading out there. There's no gun anyone.
Speaker 1: But that's why we see it so often with all these players and you've just I don't know, they've been pretty patient. The Dragon has been pretty meticulous in like, they haven't landed a lot, but they've been they've been going after some players. I don't know. I just so the thing is to.
Speaker 4: Build a roster, you've got to start with a roster, and cook signing one becomes too very quickly. It gives them a little bit more gravitass than what they've currently got.
Speaker 1: I just don't think it. I don't think it's a huge elevation the guys at news. That's what I was origin. He was exactly like, where would you rank him? No, if we're sitting down and it's hard because this is off the top of your head, but if you're ranking hookers, he's well down the pecking order, top top six seven.
Speaker 4: So you got Rye Robson, Happy Happy har Harry Grant, there's three.
Speaker 1: Do you throw Blake Brayley in the mix? Brayley is ahead of him, for sure, Yeah, fo Marny's ahead of him, you know, Wade Egan's ahead of him. Okay, So Jerry Mushall kings ahead of him. Jerry mush Jerry Marshall. I would pick Connor Watson ahead of him.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: What, Then then then you could argue.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't.
Speaker 1: When does Brandon rank, Canny rank.
Speaker 3: She's slipping down lits pretty quick.
Speaker 1: He's top ten, thank you?
Speaker 3: Top ten. Just I mean he's going to be good for the next year. The issue's issue is what he'll be like in twenty twenty. I tell you what, I'd be worrieds chilling. You know, it's probably gonna be his last year. So but it'll be good from next year. It'll be an upgrade. I think. On on little, I'm going to give some some depth Hooker and sow Saul. You know they can go out and sign someone sign the middle so to win win.
Speaker 1: Next year quickly. The Dragons jack Bird, Yeah, if it was a one year deal for the Dragons, I would have been sweet with it. Jack Bird. Twelve month extension, well, not an extension. It was that weird deal where there was mutual options of Dragons opted not to take their side of the option at X amount. It as significantly high value. Jack Bird decided to take that for a further twelve months at a lower value. So he gets another twelve months. Doesn't hurt the club in their salary cap. Jack's been okay this year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the injury a bit too much that one.
Speaker 4: In the meantime, if he does come out and play well and then he can still leave the club. I mean he's taken his option up, but it still it allows him he can get out of that if you think it's a better offer from a rival club in between now and November, he can leave, Okay.
Speaker 2: Is that the way that option works?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Interesting, interesting option?
Speaker 1: So what wouldn't you just take it up there? Exactly? Yeah, exactly, that's strange.
Speaker 3: When it's check back.
Speaker 1: He should be back after the bike's got the buyer. They're thinking he could be back after the bill.
Speaker 3: He's good playing, Jack Feller, You.
Speaker 1: And Aikan, So now let's stay our attention to the South Sydney. Now looks like they'll sign you an Aiken for two to three years. I think it's a good depth signing.
Speaker 3: I think he's twenty nine.
Speaker 2: He's twenty nine, play out for a while. Screw the Dragons, c back row.
Speaker 3: He's a professional. He'll be good.
Speaker 1: For what he's good in that in that balance for squads and benchers when you've got to shift players during games and the like, and you know Wade knows what he's buying there. I'll tell you what.
Speaker 4: Anyone coming from the Dolphins is a good signing the way that the way. But Bennett's got those Dolphins going.
Speaker 2: Whe any other names on the raidar for South Boys.
Speaker 3: Well you I think Royce Hunt's been met from Cornella. He's been giving permission for twenty twenty six.
Speaker 1: But we saw the way I worked with kind of Tracy, and you work backwards and then if someone signs him then it's smart, Like I Actually, this is an understated thing that Cornelli are doing at the moment. We saw it with kind of Tracy and we're seeing it with Royce Hunt. Guys that they don't think you're going to have long term futures at the club despite having twelve months there. They're like, Okay, well if we sell them while they're still contracted, what can we get out of it. I think it's a pretty shrewd way to get And if they're if they're with him for another twelve months, they're not pushing him out the door.
Speaker 4: So they're not going to told Royce stick around, mate, there's twelve months there if you want it.
Speaker 2: They're not going to look at the same time.
Speaker 1: But I know that when Adam Vanilla Blake comes.
Speaker 3: He looks like a guy planned for a contract. Last week.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he was standing. Yeah.
Speaker 4: The problem is and fan of Royty of what he's doing at the moment, he's only got about sixteen minutes, a good sixteen minutes, and he's twenty nine years of age, so he's sursing.
Speaker 1: How would he talk about like gosh, but I was surprised by when I was speaking of someone when we're doing that yeah story, like, oh you know, he's probably chasing his last content years and I was like, wow, I have to go and have a look at how old he actually was, So that is surprising.
Speaker 3: I reckon the clubs Newcastle now that Peter Sullivan's got.
Speaker 1: For hunt for movement. Oh yeah, no, yeah, movement. I think we've all heard names, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but Peter O. Sullivan's there now, he started this week. He's going to take a look at that roster, and that roster needs a rejig. Yeah, I agree, So I reckon there could be some movement there keeping on the Knights.
Speaker 1: And finally Reach. It's interesting too. The one thing that's just quickly meck is.
Speaker 4: The Damien Cook signing at Saints rules out the Jade and Brayley constant speculation and around his future at the Knights.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I thought he was end up with the Dragons.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think a lot of us did. I think that if you said to me a month ago with Jayden Brody could potentially play next year. I thought it would have been. The Dragons had a sniff around Jerry and Marshall King as well.
Speaker 3: I think Adam locks Jayden and I think Sally losed Jaden, so I think Jayden may end up staying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, given his relations week with Shane Flanagan, Adam, do you Dave shut to him yesterday? Yeah? Yes, I like this because well it works for both parties. Really.
Speaker 4: Adam obviously coming back from three torn acls, fourteen months out of the game, comes back in New South Wales cuple on Saturday, and I thought.
Speaker 1: He did a really good job.
Speaker 4: Like if you if you went to like art Oval and sat on the hill and tried to find the player that's been out for fourteen months, you wouldn't have selected Adam Dewey. He had some really nice moments clearly, you know, first run back and it'll only be better for that. Three days later, Shane Richardson calls him and says, how about we get a com track done for next year. They work out the terms. Adam's happy with the figure. Listeners people watching Adam do He now represents himself. He doesn't have a manager, did all the negotiations with himself. He's happy with the terms and has resigned for next season. However, in all that, he still remains will become a free agent come November one. So if he does have a good block of footy between now and November one, it does give him the opportunity to sign elsewhere beyond twenty five and then potentially do the Tigers say, hey, go for your life now.
Speaker 3: He's too a bit of luck for all of him, do he? That's from rotten luck in recent years. He's not that old?
Speaker 1: Is he twenty five?
Speaker 3: Twenty five? I mean, it's unbelievable to think he's only twenty five? So plenty of football left.
Speaker 2: And here did you play a guessing game next week on y?
Speaker 3: I mean he's got a lot of footy left in him. If he can stay healthy, that's the key, because you know, three knee recos pretty hard to come back from one.
Speaker 4: He's been na in the extended preserves this week. I'm my understanding is Justin Olham hasn't really trained much this week, and do he's been training at center might come in.
Speaker 1: No, No, I'm not going to go that far.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying so it pumped up the supercoach. No.
Speaker 4: So the tip around is Justin Olan doesn't train that much. He's a training load management guy. Do he's been slotted in its center at training? I think Olim will train that final session and eventually get there. And the goal is for Adam to play. He didn't play eighty minutes in reserve grade last week, but he will play eighty minutes at halfback.
Speaker 3: What position I've got to Mike's going to say if he can come back and be anywhere near the player he was one position now I'm looking for as a center the Tigers, he can answer that fill that hole for them because I need they need more quality out wide than the centers.
Speaker 2: What position does he see himself?
Speaker 1: Daved he wants to play half back?
Speaker 3: Does he? Okay? Well, it's probably not going to happen at the Tigers.
Speaker 4: Though, is it?
Speaker 1: No? He just he just.
Speaker 4: But at the same time he's dead set focused on let's just I just want to get out and play some food.
Speaker 1: You do my best.
Speaker 2: Rip and tear and see where it takes me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll think he'd make the perfect thirteen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thirteen Yeah, interesting the modern style of thirteen.
Speaker 1: Speaking of modern style, Paramatta, modern style of coaches. We've got your man, Josh Hannah, your man, Jason Rowles. I'm just in the middle. Usual observer to shoot baby. Yeah, he can't split them right. No one knows how it's going to land. We'll just thought this was where it would Yeah, if we're doing the one and two to start the process, I think we both had these guys quite rightly as the one and two candidates. Josh Hana will get interviewed after Origin two, and then I think we'll have an answer in the next couple of weeks at Paramatta. But ready, you've got some He spake with Michael Checker. It was a paramount I was hopeful put his hand up for the job.
Speaker 3: Had an interview, apparently interviewed really well, but ultimately the club decided that they didn't want to take the risk on Michael because they were worried about his capacity to handle the day to day NRL coaching the grind, which I mean this is like he's a coach the Wallabyes Argentina eleven eleven and rugby league, and he's coached the French Top fourteen league for a couple of seasons, and if you know the French top fourteen.
Speaker 1: Yea, I well across the fourteen well, I played thirty.
Speaker 3: Four games a year. He built roster up, built the roster up there. And what you've got to deal with up there there is these French billionaire owners who are very erratic, got very short fuses, very fickle, and Michael was able to handle out. So if you're going to make a decision not to go with Michael Checker, the actual last reason you would not go with it, the last reason you would give for not going with him, it's his capacity to handle the day to day grind of the NRL because his coach and the French this is a walk in the park compared to the French Top fourteen. I mean, it's full of these megala maniac owners who are raving lunatics, whose sack coaches the drop of a hat. So you know, that's the bit I find. I think Michael found a bit amusing about it, that that would be the justification for not pressing ahead with granting him a second interview. But I will say this, Mick, he's still determined.
Speaker 2: To be an Yeah, that's the interesting part.
Speaker 3: So he hasn't given up on me an eral coach, he says, you know this is if anything, this has stelled him to continue down that path. So hopefully someone gives him a chance at some point. The probably is what would help him is big getting the system. I know he was at the Brusters as an assistant coach. Come in the system and work for a club that was.
Speaker 1: More part time coaching. It was Yeah, he was pretty hands on there for a time. But yeah, I don't think it was a he could do it money.
Speaker 3: He's not a problems inion there right, because he's got that it works, he's got that fashion company.
Speaker 2: He can get us to the sponsor sponsoring, be able to fix your club.
Speaker 3: You looks like you're chopping the wood or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thanks man, Dave.
Speaker 1: Anything on the Paramata coaching situation.
Speaker 4: I think I think it plays out for at least another week. If you if you factor in the candidates and where Josh Hannah is. He's currently in Coinnsland Origin camp. That plays through until at least next Thursday morning. Sharks then play against the Bulldogs next Friday. He'll be consumed by that. That takes us through to the weekend Paramatta play. So I reckon next week's right off para fans. As far as working out who your next coach is.
Speaker 2: Any issue with the process?
Speaker 1: Boss? This was something that was spoken out on three sixty last night. I don't have an issue. No, I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't even a great issue with it. I think there's no one that screened now. Yeah, that's the fact I should be the head coach of Paramatta. So I think in that case, you go down that path and you interviewed.
Speaker 4: I don't think you can underestimate the most significant decision the club's gone through in eleven years. So they're going to take their time, They're going to exhaust every opportunity. There's a vast difference between going after Wayne Bennett and then after that it just drops away, So you've got to do your homework quickly.
Speaker 1: On Origin boys, do we like this last year? Dave new South Wales team? I don't know that's not sure.
Speaker 2: What's no?
Speaker 1: I don't know something, something's not right.
Speaker 2: I love this team.
Speaker 3: It's a team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's a I think it's a fast superiors side than the game in Game one, the team in Game one.
Speaker 2: It's a better balance. I think, as ready said much, I've got.
Speaker 1: I've got worries in the on the bench.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just think we done Mitch Barney, and I think we're down a big man, Jake Traboy, which.
Speaker 1: We all love him, we all love him, but but.
Speaker 4: We've got workers. We've got workers. The Blues have got workers, and that's what Jakie boy is. He's a worker. You've got Cameron Murray now into the side. How many minutes did you play in his comeback game? How many minutes is he gonna last? In a a in a state of Amergin? What are you saying you have done? I would have I would have Camp. I don't understand was a yo on the bench. What's you are we going to come on and do?
Speaker 1: Play?
Speaker 2: So you'd have him started? Would you have him started or not at all?
Speaker 1: Probably not have him?
Speaker 4: Yeah, i'd have Mitch Bona in for Yo. I really want to see something from yes, definitely.
Speaker 3: The game wasn't made for though it was original one.
Speaker 1: It's interesting I think Watson's unproven so that the bench is a concern.
Speaker 3: For me.
Speaker 1: Podcast about six weeks ago.
Speaker 3: I mean, obviously, I think they're a better team starting team Latrellan and Mitch Moses and Dylan, Yeah, Dylan as well. I think that makes him instantly.
Speaker 2: Cam Murray if he's yeah, did you say if I was surprised, I was surprised squad.
Speaker 3: The extended squad somewhere, but I'm surprised he's in the starting side. They might change that. They might change that for the game, don't you.
Speaker 4: Think, Well you start, Yeah, well, because Murray is seen as a versatile player who can play back row.
Speaker 3: You can play edge or middle.
Speaker 4: And even throw him in at the centers. So if you dropped him back to the bench, he does give you a little bit more Versatiley.
Speaker 3: I would misurprised that that flips before the games. Anyway, it probably doesn't matter because Queensland Queensland side.
Speaker 1: You've gone back to Dad's army on the bench there. Yeah, speaking of it's.
Speaker 3: A cable fan, I'm not sold on.
Speaker 4: If you look at the Broncos issues right now. It's largely due to that left edge going to water.
Speaker 3: It's probably Adamster heard him as well. Yeah, yeah, that's a fact that's contributed. But they're leaking points like they haven't been in the past, and he locked.
Speaker 1: It down on that side.
Speaker 3: I'm not the Grand Final when he missed. That's my issue. I think you know there's much of the sort. Well, they kept mass blakes right, the two changes Capable and my CONFUSI coming in is intimidated. I think he's had a pretty good year for the Dolphins. Yeah, the cables. Look, I don't know how many minutes or play and his heady player off the bands because he can play in the centers of the back row and I'm sure he'll do a job because he always does some queens and to be fair, so I'm probably being a bit unfair on Kirk Capable. But again, he's missed a lot of footy this year.
Speaker 1: If you're about yeah, he's missed a lot of a lot of foot Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think hopefully he doesn't have to play fifty minutes like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, if there's ten minutes, that's the concern.
Speaker 3: But yeah, they've got plenty of strike and they're one up, which always helps, but they've got a horrible record of the MCG.
Speaker 2: Each year in Queensland.
Speaker 1: Just for clarification, what do you mean are you Queen's later this week or in your south?
Speaker 3: What do you mean this week? Just a queens.
Speaker 1: Also, one thing was interesting because of Billy yeah cheering, I am yeah, it's been noted.
Speaker 3: Billy, stop it. Did Billy text your bank? No, he didn't text me back anyway. I send Billy's comments that he made in relation.
Speaker 2: To the Ready do you want to go?
Speaker 1: There?
Speaker 3: A problem with it?
Speaker 1: What's is she?
Speaker 2: What do you reckon?
Speaker 3: So? I think it was a bit churlish of Billy to be honest, and it was a very selective memory from Billy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Ready fires back.
Speaker 3: Well, I think see he talked about the tackle. He talked about it, so it was a bad look for parents, bad look for the game. He talked about it, talked about the outcome of the tackle and then when he was put when Madge had a shot at him. And I love the fact that Madge through the glasshouses. Yeah, it's great because Origin needs a bit of spice, a bit of spice, and Origin is always its best when the teams are going at each other, made through the burly in the water and Billy just ran a mile from it.
Speaker 4: It's not really his go yeah can you window? Yeah yeah they can look you know. I said, I've got my reservations because they can the cats to it. This is and I think it's really interesting. The noise coming out of Queensland is that we've all focused on how the Blues were forced to play with twelve men, but what we haven't focused on is how Queensland had to change their style with Reecee Walsh off the field and they weren't They weren't very happy with the way they were unable to get the plays on that they wanted to that they trained all week full and there's a feeling that they we didn't see the best of Queensland either.
Speaker 3: Resbalsh makes a huge difference.
Speaker 1: So that's frightening, huge difference.
Speaker 3: And I can see them trying to maybe isolate the trail and Reswalsh on the trail where they came and they're sweeping back likes Reese is huge for queens Then, Yeah, the Hammer was very good though. He was just playing good football anything that trial last week, So just a Silkie.
Speaker 1: And I to the NRL this weekend Origin ravage, lots of buyers, split rounds, but important games for plenty of sides.
Speaker 2: Which game you're looking forward to?
Speaker 1: I like the Dogs Roosters game boys.
Speaker 4: I think that's a really good test now for Canterbury on this trajectory that they're going and the Rooster's side that's depleted, but I think they have six sorry, they have used six Origin players this series the Roosters so and clearly going into Origin too. They have some players out, so I think it's an opportunity for the Bulldogs. I didn't know that Villa Army Kicking has been named in the extended reserves. Could be a huge in for the Dogs.
Speaker 1: So yeah, spoons could have been a point to prove. The benefit for the Roosters is having Teddy Krey Walker and Brandon Smith back, with Victor Bradley still on the side and Hard Graves and those sort of fellas. So I think, you know, there's still a lot while I got a lot of players out, there's still some big guns there.
Speaker 2: But can we have been so cool to watch this year.
Speaker 1: They've been awesome, how gritty they've been and how much they're turning up for each other. What about you.
Speaker 3: I was going to say Dolphins Storm, but I'm going with Tigers Raiders. Well, firstly, I'm at that game a Cameltown stadium allowed, which is a proper stadium. I'm allowed a Cameltown.
Speaker 1: How would you go walk in the streets of Lightheart.
Speaker 3: That's so good. Campbelltown's a proper ground, Mick. So I'll be going there on Sunday. And look the toys is coming off, wasn't it. They didn't play the best.
Speaker 1: Football last week was one of the lowest games, but.
Speaker 3: They one day and it took a lot of heat off them. So and Canerra have been great this year. Interesting clash of the five eighths. There ethan strange v Big Lockn's two young guns are playing great football. So I'm looking forward to that game.
Speaker 1: Mine.
Speaker 2: South be Manly obviously South on Shaw and.
Speaker 1: Kept the cup your man a you're going to present it and Homy's got him going on a good trajectory South Sidney and then big win for Manly, huge win. Like no I know Coreydelle limped through that second half, but they really had no one on the bench against the Dragons. The Dragons fell apart in that second half. They blew an opportunity, but massive win for Manly.
Speaker 3: I like.
Speaker 4: We might get a little window just to peek behind the curtain of how much influenced Latrell Mitchell's having on this currency Sydney side on the weekend. Yeah, and then give us an indication on what he could do for the Blues because Mike I tipped Manly because I just don't like the fact that Latrell's out. I think Cody has been great, Jack Whiteen's good, your guys man, Damian Cook is playing hooker.
Speaker 1: I think Colam Tungey is getting back to his best as well. And you know, while there's that Manly side's almost unrecognizable, there's a lot of names there that you know, Nathan Brown and Luke Brooks that I think maybe I did tip Souse. I can't remember tipped. I think Gods house boys questions all right, getting etched. Hopefully that's nothing rude there. NRL look at having eighteen nineteenth man on game day so the coach can bring on who they want, depending on who's been ruled out with concussion.
Speaker 3: Well, we do have any man, yeah, and they need like the flexibility to be activated, so you can pick which place.
Speaker 1: I don't mind just having an eighteenth We don't see eighteenth man activated too often as it is. Yeah, yeah, then you'll go, what about a twentieth man? It just keeps going.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm simer there for a second. What about the twentieth man? What did you think of.
Speaker 1: Sein folded on Sunday? He was pretty It was pretty good. You just tell me the movie.
Speaker 3: He was pretty good. We were there for the bit when he got he got sledged by the crowd.
Speaker 2: What happened early?
Speaker 3: We were in the earlier was the second second. He's pretty good, it's pretty funny. Not go, I'll find a comedian. So just just quickly, can't digress. I reckon, I've got a half hour of a comedian in me, and then I lose interested in you. I don't find them funny anymore?
Speaker 2: What if they're really funny for half hour?
Speaker 1: Max?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: So Helen was on.
Speaker 3: Hour second, half hour, dragged on a bit.
Speaker 1: I thought that's short. An hour It was short.
Speaker 3: The guy had my wife brought them a hundred bucks. Maybe we were in nosebleeds blind me couldn't have any further back.
Speaker 1: You need to.
Speaker 3: I can tell you a quick little story about that. We were sitting there waiting a couple of beers, and wife brought me a wine. Sitting there with the red wine, got a new white shirt. Some woman walks in and we're sitting in those seats. They're quite tired. I'll pull my glass back like this. She's walked in, bumped, ruined the shirt, brand new shirt.
Speaker 1: Did she recognize is that what she kept walking?
Speaker 3: Didn't did not even say sorry?
Speaker 1: Seinfeld episode, and you talk about many nosebleader doesn't matter. If you're a nosebley to see comedian, you.
Speaker 3: Know it doesn't know.
Speaker 2: It's not like footy.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying it was cheaper. It's good half hour max, just to tip away your comedians out there on the half hour.
Speaker 1: Chris wants to know, why do you think there's no appetite for the Adelaide rams to return to the NRL Blues.
Speaker 3: I don't think there's an appetite either way. I don't think I think the NL would potentially go there if if someone if.
Speaker 2: There was interesting Adelade. Yeah true, yeah, that's a good.
Speaker 3: But there's no real interest in Adelaide. That doesn't seem to be any rugby league.
Speaker 1: Where you've got Perth fighting, you've got New Zealand's fire people playing the game. Yeah, but I think that's more to your point. Yeah, the fact that no these guys are coming to the NRL playing we want in where it's just we're not getting anything around Adelaide at the moment. Once you go to twenty that's it for a long time.
Speaker 3: Twenty two down the track another team and Brisbane team.
Speaker 1: Is if we get to twenty two twenty four, we're in two conferences. Wearing twenty four is not bad.
Speaker 3: I think play everyone wants.
Speaker 1: Still, I don't know if any of us will still be covering the game when it gets the twenty four. Yeah, you definitely won't.
Speaker 3: Mat I might make it to twenty.
Speaker 1: POWI wants to know why is there always escapegoat in the and created a new South Wales media In origin, it was Mitchell Pierce for years now Niko Heinz appears to be copying it from you lot.
Speaker 2: It's not from Dave, it's you guys.
Speaker 3: It's the Brian Smith line. You guys.
Speaker 1: It's not a skategat.
Speaker 4: It's the fact that Nathan Clear is injured and then once the once the best half back in the game is injured, the Blues are always going to struggle to find their answer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they lost its origin. It gets dissected more than anything else in rugby league. And when you play poorly and you lose, then.
Speaker 1: I guarantee if Players Queens lost a series three nil, you wouldn't say I doubt you see Dally Cherry Evans better. Can't all those guys in next year here? Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like guys at the back end of their career.
Speaker 1: So I just think it's just a matter of who wins and who loses. So addressing question, Yeah, we'll get to that one last because it's food related. Emails guys, if you want to send me an email Michael dot Carriana C A R A. Y Able an I s at News dot com dot Au and we can read them out. Harry wants to know if you're picking an Australian back five to play a play a hypothetical game at the end of the year, who's in it? So they should be in Australia. Australia will play against New Zealand and Tonga at the back end of the year, so boys if we're doing this. We did a little bit of homework, which is rare for us in these questions. But who's your Fullbacke Welsh? So we got two one No Dylan Edwards wingers, I got vel and a car. I definitely don't have that ocr. I definitely don't have that care Mel loves him.
Speaker 2: Does matter what your team does?
Speaker 1: Read you love him?
Speaker 3: So I thought picking what we think it would be, it's my team, it's your team. I didn't know that select Valin. I'll go with that a cart I've got Vow and Hammer. Okay, I've got Zach Lomax, oh intriguing.
Speaker 2: And I will go amos. I haven't liked what I've said from.
Speaker 1: Vow this year.
Speaker 3: You've said that numerous times and.
Speaker 1: Hamas on the wing of my centers A Latrell, Mitchell and Tom Travoyvich.
Speaker 3: I got Latrell and Hammer.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah. Is there any way I can sway Stephen Crichton into playing for Australia.
Speaker 2: You can try maybe?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I'm going to go have a meeting and a coffee with Stephen.
Speaker 2: Do you reckon? You coululd? You could do what MA couldn't Ricky.
Speaker 3: Can we stress that I didn't pick Crichton or because there's smart.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I'm going to turn him and you're going to play for Australia this year. Well, I would have Crichton if he plays, I would have Criton and obviously if they going to play for Austrain struggle to make more team Josh had a car.
Speaker 3: No, Valen Hammer would be on the wings. Oh you've changed now if Crime is playing, Sorry, okay, you don't know who you are?
Speaker 1: Fair enough?
Speaker 2: Well, and none of us have Dylan Edwards, No, no, no, no, he played in the wing last year.
Speaker 1: I don't have him on the wings playing back or not at all? Yeah, full back on, not at all, and there's a yeah, and I would.
Speaker 3: Put him third. I'd have pung A walh Dylan Edwards in that order.
Speaker 1: Brendan wants to know what is the thoughts or the panel with the scenario was saying more and more of a player in bracketts Cole Flannagan stays down to milk and penalty and it gets put and then the player gets put on a report only to then to trigger the player to be sent for a HI.
Speaker 4: All well, yeah, that the key to that is, don't stay down, and yes, you won't be sent off for Hi A.
Speaker 3: I think they should do it more for bloke stays down, get them off, spend fifteen in the HI.
Speaker 1: It was quite pitot at that moment too, because when Cole came off, the dragons fell apart a little bit. Don't stay down, No, no, okay, yeah, I agree, Okay, we're all agreeing with you, Brendan.
Speaker 3: We love Corlon. Let's just stress that good fellaw hates you playing good.
Speaker 1: For you wants to know. Hey, Michael, I'm not sure if it's worthy of mentioning on your podcast featuring Brent Reid, but he says right every second sentence.
Speaker 3: Is that right?
Speaker 1: The eals could extend Blaze to Lange if we've got one dollar for every time he says it.
Speaker 2: Once you realize he doesn't. I didn't realize it did that, so Rod, just a bit of feedback the right.
Speaker 1: Sorry, didn't probably come on it doesn't like that. And just finally, a lot of I haven't noticed. This is from Kevin for everyone there surname you spelled r E I D Come on, Rod, lift, don't do it to him, keep coming right if you you know what Rod.
Speaker 3: If you're going to spell spell my name wrong, then I'm going to keep saying right, right.
Speaker 1: Right, Kevin, Guys, I would like to know when the porkupine meat balls will be on your menu again for dinner. I love them as a kid, and say hi from Midland, Ontario.
Speaker 3: Never heard of Ontario. This requires deeper discussion. You've never heard of Ontario?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: God, we started the show.
Speaker 1: We started the show. Suggest you need to get out what's there?
Speaker 2: What's like? Canadians think it's Canada. Is a beautiful part of the.
Speaker 3: Is it the city?
Speaker 1: Or Okay?
Speaker 2: Into your knowledge, we're.
Speaker 1: Going to get way great. I don't know if you guys are aware of the porcupine meatballs situation. Porcupines so well, you know how we end the segment with what we're having for dinner? A couple of years. It might have been last year, I said, because my wife obviously does most of the cooking at home. That said, no she does. Everyone that listens wouldn't know. Okay, we're having porcupine meatballs. I know what they were, right, but Buzz thought I was eating porcupine.
Speaker 3: Yes, is it mince porcupine?
Speaker 1: It is not mince porcupine meats with like spikes, like they look like spikes in the shape.
Speaker 2: Of you create the spikes?
Speaker 3: Is that dangerous look?
Speaker 1: Col wowser for those that are watching, For those that are watching, we actually have I did send this tweet to Clara and Clara has said it's on the menu, So not tonight, but maybe next week we're gonna have the porcupine meatles.
Speaker 3: That's You're right, Dave, that's rice inside the meatballs is all right, that's intriguing.
Speaker 2: They were pretty good. I've never had them before, but it's created a.
Speaker 1: Stir, a little bit of well, I'll come maybe I'll come with a.
Speaker 3: What's that?
Speaker 2: And the ingredients?
Speaker 1: Next week? Well, I can ask Clara and see what we come up with. What's on what's on the media for dinner tonight? Boys?
Speaker 3: You know what, I'm thinking we might go tacos at Hut.
Speaker 2: We'll go, well, what's you know how we do Mexican Night at my house? What happens.
Speaker 1: Wednesday night? It's a good sold lemon everything.
Speaker 3: What I've done, what I've done lately to reduce my intake of I'm going with the give the family the tacos and I have like an air fors with only a little bit of cheese on.
Speaker 2: Okay, I like the heat is better than tacos.
Speaker 3: That's a good idea. You know what we're going changed my mind. Steak for heaters. That's a good idea. Now we'll go steak. We have a lot of chicken.
Speaker 2: We have a lot of chicken too. You're going to have some shots, do you.
Speaker 3: What do you have with your feeders? You have a bit of red onion caps.
Speaker 4: Lips as well on Sorry, yeah, we're doing the whole lemon sod.
Speaker 2: So it depends on we're having a couple. We're not having one. We're not having a light that's loose.
Speaker 3: That's loose in the.
Speaker 1: I'm not a big drink. I don't drink midwek. I very rarely drink, so I'm not a spot when it's Mexican.
Speaker 3: I've had two nights about the water. We've col won't let me go and bindy we have polished. The house is empty of white.
Speaker 1: Wow. I said it last night.
Speaker 3: It was five minutes to go. I said, d up the shops water. She said, no, you're not coming, And what happened? I didn't go?
Speaker 1: You mid week? You have a mid week drink. No very.
Speaker 3: I don't drink wine mid week. I don't drink any beer. Okay, fair, it's half the calories, drink twice as much.
Speaker 2: Can you have the shot to kill a shot?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll do it.
Speaker 1: Wow. I don't even have any tequila like to kill it?
Speaker 2: Some good I don't know which one.
Speaker 1: We had the nostrils.
Speaker 2: I had this one when I went. I went to Cancun and we brought.
Speaker 3: So he's been aunty.
Speaker 1: We brought something. We went to this dodgy market we thought anyway, so we brought two bottles of tequila. Her me and my mates. We had four bottles. Best tequila ever. It just it was just beautiful. And then I tried to find the brand, the brand, and just it was like some roadside. It was some weird market, which is a shame. But it was beautiful. But you find good to killer.
Speaker 2: It's nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'm not.
Speaker 2: I don't drink wine like a little shot class.
Speaker 3: What do you ever bite? Bang?
Speaker 2: You never had? You haven't done a tequila shot before?
Speaker 3: Sounds about eighteen okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Dave at your house.
Speaker 4: Shot We've got to do last hour under fifteen footage training. This afternoon this evening, so it'll be again. I understand that we are roast chicken going in the oven.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a little bit of the secret is what's your secret?
Speaker 1: Well, we go aregana on top on top of the Yeah, on top of the roast chicken.
Speaker 3: Chicken, we go your pizza of it to cook your chicken in the pizza up.
Speaker 1: It's too cold outside cold? Are we going on a little bit of sot and oregona on top of your roast chicken? You watch it go in laws tonight.
Speaker 2: So we're having some sort of roast.
Speaker 3: It looked completely unimpressed about it. See your mum and you cooking roast for.
Speaker 1: You be good. Well, I don't know what sort of race it is. I've just been told you what do they normally do generally, But I'm not sure. Well, this time next week we'll know if the Origin series is alive and well read. He is celebrating with another Queensland victory. Enjoy the footy, guys,