Speaker 1: This podcast was recorded and produced on gadigle Land.
Speaker 2: We would like to acknowledge the traditional custodians and.
Speaker 1: Pay our respect to Elder's past and present. Ladies and gentlemen, Can I please have your attention?
Speaker 2: This is my final Maths related interview?
Speaker 1: Are they talking about me?
Speaker 2: She's like, yeah, it was Australia's reactions.
Speaker 1: Because a lot of drama and they never got it.
Speaker 2: It just went nuts. Hi, guys, it's tany Alena and this is not a normal episode. We're coming at you because we'd have some things to discuss. Normal episode is dropping on Thursday.
Speaker 3: Hello, this is producer Hannah. As you said, we dropped episodes on a Thursday, we're sticking at that. But you guys have experienced Maths, You've lived it. And something happened this week that I feel like as a viewer myself, I was like, I need to ask the girls. So we saw a Fina very upset because Adrian walked out of a promo shoot. Yes, what the hell is this done? Promo shoot? And why was she.
Speaker 1: There without him? He was pissed off.
Speaker 3: I'm assuming this is promo for the show, correct, but I would think you would do it with your partner. Yes, you would do it before the show starts, It's okay.
Speaker 2: First yeah, break it down because first of all, you can't do it before the show starts because no one can have met yet. Right, So it's about it's literally the week after the intruders come in that you do a full day Channel nine press everything. It's literally from like the morning to the nighttime. Your your head shot, images, your couple photos, random publicity shots, your like media.
Speaker 1: Even the gifts on Instagram, all of that to do all of the awkward dances and even the commercial that's yes you shown yes to promote the show. I noticed there was one season where they didn't have like an actual commercial. Sure was that your season?
Speaker 2: No, we did. So here's here's the thing. Because we obviously saw Adrian get upset that he wasn't in it.
Speaker 1: I wasn't in the like the promo.
Speaker 2: So they had selected certain brides and grooms an hour and was like stuper dramatic black and white and had people turning back, like turning around as if they were meeting marrying a stranger. And they selected like very like a random mixed They also, I think they strategically.
Speaker 1: Didn't choose couples exactly.
Speaker 2: I think they try to have people that weren't together to not make it confusing, but it's also blended in with models, so it's like random people that aren't even on the show.
Speaker 3: So it's kind of like in Love Island where you see the hot people yes, getting out of the pool, and you're like, exactly, that's not the person. Because I remember, as an avid watcher of maths, the promo that stands out to me the most is Martha blindfold yes, and she's leaning up to kiss. And so the people that remember that season, Sam was with Lizzie, right, So Martha and Sam weren't a couple together. Would they have been in the same room shooting that pretending to kiss or would they have done separate shots and they've photoshopped it together.
Speaker 2: I reckon from that, I reckon they've shot that together with the whole When you see the imagery of like which is on nine now, of people sitting at a table and that kind of promo stuff. They do different scenes. So for example, I don't know if you had this, but I had to do something with Harrison where he was like had a glass of wine, like feeding me a glass of wine. It was very random and it was like Harris and then I think it was like Homer whose was like random mix of people and then Sandy was there with maybe Jesse and they just I don't know, I don't know why if that goes the storyline or then they can then edit people on together based.
Speaker 1: On what you pose as. Is that what happened to you?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think I was with Mitche Yeah, with Cody, Like it was really read.
Speaker 3: Trying to accuse people because these promos are obviously going out before the show starts. Eric, Yes, yes, so they're wanting people to guess who's with her.
Speaker 1: Correct even though it's always spoiled.
Speaker 2: But even when you do that, the reaction ones when the people are like angry or shocked. That's all shot on your publicity day, So when it's like bombshell, they'll use that image with the headline for that. So everyone has to shoot that. Everyone has to shoot happy, sad, excited like they have. Everyone has to shoot all these expressions, did you realize? Yeah, and then they edit it in when you have when it suits the storyline. So they have all this content and this is a key thing as well. You can always tell every year if people are not staying staying on the show because they don't have a professional image. So Tim Jake, if you look back at their promo images or they're like their key image, it's literally taken from the wedding day and they've just photoshopped on. If they cut past is giving, they couldn't be asked to go to.
Speaker 1: The promo day.
Speaker 3: Interesting, So, yeah, they've already had some of that drama. So some people have stormed out. Jules left. Yeah, so they never made it to that promo stage of productions.
Speaker 1: So you get photos.
Speaker 2: So I had took a photo with my partner, But some edit people together if they weren't happy, or they left, or they weren't on talking terms. So some cup could take it together and some would take it separately that they just edit them so that looked like they're standing there.
Speaker 3: I think I know the answer to this, but I'm gonna ask anyway, do you think Adrian is justified in being pissed off about not being included in the promo and leaving the woman who he is being intimate with and saying he wants to stay. But then that's the thing that makes you want to leave what's your thoughts, babe.
Speaker 1: On my season, there was a bit of drama around the publicity. Yeah, Cody did get upset that he didn't shut up, but I did. But then in the end, because he made a big deal, they got him involved. Right now, after my season, they stopped doing that visual of like you know the mathay.
Speaker 3: Sam, they get a model to do it.
Speaker 1: They do models now, But up until then, Brent was like to Tomorrow, who he was matched with at the time, he was like, Oh, I bet you we're going to get that. He was convinced that he was going to be the model for it, and then obviously they weren't doing it anymore. But he got so upset that he wasn't picked to do that.
Speaker 2: That's so interesting. Like I remember when I I was kind of like, oh, that's a bit shit to be left out, But I was like, okay, cool, Also go home and go to sleep like it's been a long day. Yeah, And so I think there was a little bit of me that felt like I was left out, which I didn't love that, But I don't know again, like like Mfina said, it's not the priority of why you're there to be in a stupid promo that no one watches.
Speaker 3: Sure, it would be a really fun experience and part of scene behind the hundreds. At the end of the day, if you're there for quote unquote the right reasons, it's not enough of a reason to leave the whole experiment. No, I feel like when I listened to that conversation, it felt like a lot of that conversation was cuts.
Speaker 2: It was choppy.
Speaker 1: It was very choppy. So I feel like, what nationality or ethnicity is Adrian? I don't know, do we know? I'm not sure because I'm like, maybe he's saying, like you know, it was I think he's Greek. I feel like he's great. Yeah, I feel like only maybe the Caucasians got picked.
Speaker 2: Or more like, maybe there's something more.
Speaker 1: But he was insane.
Speaker 2: He was the only one left out, But then the other girls.
Speaker 3: He wasn't the only one. This is a thing. It would be half and half, right, like half of the cast is in the shoot half or not.
Speaker 1: But the way that he just kept saying it's wrong, disrespectful. What else happened? I yuah, I'm not trying to no, no, no, But I feel like there's more.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess Also with the editing that happens where sentences are spliced together. If a conversation is coming to you through a phone and the phone is sitting there on speaker, you don't know what the order is. You're never seeing that come out of their mouths. The only thing that we know for sure is that he hung up on her because it hangs up and then you hear the producer did he just hang up on you? And she said yes, So we know he was obviously angry enough to hang up, but we don't know the full content.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 3: Another question I had is this the first time I'm trying to cast my mind back that we've seen this kind of out of show production element brought into a storyline. Yes, because usually they're not showing that side of stuff. They try and keep it really separate and really polished. They would never be like we're doing promo. It's just like these people are finding love, Like, what's that about?
Speaker 2: I agreed, I don't know if this is the same for you. You could never refer to being there as being on the show. You had to say the experiment, the experiment, so you were never allowed to refer to pretend the cameras weren't there. Yeah, you could never refer to it being a show and this like huge maps thing. So it's so interesting seeing like even just like the cuts of like the producers in the shots and like the drama of like the cameras at the.
Speaker 1: Bath that did happen for either of our seasons, because we had so much drama happen with us. At the promo day, even just with Cody and I, we had the biggest bite at that were ever like you guys, Because the other thing is when we've seen the recent intruder weddings, Elliot said, this is not my first time doing maths.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like he said, such a weird thing to see.
Speaker 3: Anyway, I feel like we could go on forever. But this is just a juicy little bit of exclusive content for you guys. Our normal episode will be happening me on Thursday. Stay tuned, really