Speaker 1: Apologie production.
Speaker 2: Ins and outs, ins and outs.
Speaker 1: I love seeing what people are bringing more in and say goodbye to. I think it's so cool and really inspirational as well. My first in is more self development books, but listening to them. So I really struggled last year. I set a goal toory twelve books. I read eleven, which is really big for me, But the self development books I really struggle with, and Steve was like, why don't you try to listen to them? So I'm listening to twelve self development books this year and reading twelve nonfiction so I'm going to double the amount of books I did last year. But listening to them, I just feel like I retain the information a lot easier when it's self development. Yeah, but with fiction, I love being lost in reading the story.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 1: I don't carry this guilt or resentment like oh I can't get into my self development book and I was frustrated that I couldn't get through it, But listening to it of my walk, I'm like, cool, easy.
Speaker 2: Something else that's really helped me is if I highlight. If I highlight as I go when I read a self development I find it a lot easier. But audiobook's great, so good, so good keeping our spaces clean because I know you've been cleaning everything out in your house and I've just been really loving keeping up with everything. And when you've got a tidy space, it feels so nice. Tidy car, all those things, and I'm like, here, I just take the extra two minutes to take this shit out of your car literally when you pull up at home, and especially in my car, like my car can get real bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when I hopped in your car, I was like, don't judge me. I can't even put my feet on the floor. And I've been given a gifted a vacuum cleaner for my car, which I know sounds very unromantic, but I was saying to Super so long, I want to get a back and cleaner for my car because I love a cleaned car, Like it's just this new thing. Clean space me just helps me. I feel more calmer than my space is cleaned. And then you've got a vacuum cleaner for your car.
Speaker 2: I won't put one. You was telling me about it, and I was like, that's a great idea. I was like, I'm going to get one.
Speaker 1: I know, but it really does help you, especially I feel like if you are a creative person, if your space is clean and light and airy, and you feel good in your space, you have way more room mentally to be able to be more creative. Yeah, it makes a huge difference. And for me, more regular acupuncture now I've scheduled in every single month, I just find the biggest difference in my nervous system, my energy, how calm I am. It's like the biggest reset. I feel like going to one acupunctial appointment for me is like getting a whole extion nized sleep. It's so recovery. But because it helps me recovery and it helps me be calm, I feel so much more energized there. You go a week before my period.
Speaker 2: It's scared of acupuncture. I've never done it.
Speaker 1: If you've got a tight like there's a part of my shin that's always tight, so it kind of makes you jump, But I just don't get it in that point, and so.
Speaker 2: It doesn't hurt at all.
Speaker 1: Not even split second you feel a need I don't want to say needle because it's so easy. Yeah, I'm literally laying there with my eyes closed, and the lady I go to she does like a full back massage at the end, head massage, neck massage. It's honestly, you'd feel your nervous system. You would love it, and your hormones, your periods go a week before your period. It's helped so much.
Speaker 2: I should try it. I'm just a bit of a chicken, so that's in.
Speaker 1: More accupuncture.
Speaker 2: Well, my inn is more regular sauna use again. I feel like I was good, so good. I was doingly five times a week. I was really really good and I felt freaking fantastic. I felt so good when I was doing it regularly. It is so good for me. It's so great when I'm on my period. Yes, and I just needed to get back.
Speaker 1: On the bandwagon.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: More vitamin D. I feel like I'm not getting enough vitamin D. And when I spoke to a match path a little while ago, she was saying that majority of the population is actually deficient in vitamin D and it can really affect your sleep, your hormones, your moods, even how well your body absorbs nutrients, so they reckon. I think I heard it on Joe Rogan's podcast, like one of the best things you can do for yourself is like go out in the morning. Steve does it and get sunlight on your eyes for five minutes on your eyes and your eyes like open your eyes up and look at the sun, like five minutes of direct vitamin D like to awakens your body. Helps us great. So I can have said this word Cicadian rhythm. Yeah, it's so good.
Speaker 2: I was supposed to look at the sun.
Speaker 1: No, wow, apprent there you go. See feels so energized doing it too, for like wakes his whole body up. Oh, I love this. This is the thing. I think there's a fine line of us being sold this story that we have to always wear sunscreen, always cover up, and be so careful with the Australian some which yes, for sure, my mum's had skin cancer and chemo I think four times now. For sure, I understand that. But vitamin D is actually really healthy and really necessary for us to get. So it's like a fine balance.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: But I feel like I was not getting enough like the other way, so I wanted to just incorporate more vitamin D.
Speaker 2: So my next one is keeping solid boundaries. I feel like finally last year I had the self worth and self respect to put some boundaries in place. Respectfully, kindly from good place, not being rude or anything like that. But I'm really happy and proud of the way that I have honored myself and what I believe in, and I want to continue.
Speaker 1: To be that person you really work to stick in it. Yeah, it's really proud from the outsider watching you implement that. And we would have conversations where you'd be like, oh, I just said no to her. I'm not replying to that, and I'm like, wow, was she upset? And You're like, I'm not sure, but that's not my responsibility. I'm like, wait, oh, but you did it in such a loving, kind way, and it was really inspiring for me. And I'm glad you brought that up because I want other people to hear that that it's okay for you to say no. It's okay for you to be like no, that doesn't feel good for me. I'm not gonna do that. I'm not gonna write back to that person. I'm not gonna go hang out with them. Just because they've always hung out with.
Speaker 2: Them doesn't mean being rude. It's not you not not talking to you or ending on bad terms.
Speaker 1: But you know what you're saying, Yes, to yourself, Yeah fuck it. And that's so important and something I think all of us really struggle with. But the more we talk about it, the more we normalize it, the better we'll get at it. Ins for me is more solo dates with my kids. I really really love that one on one time because anyone listening that has a big age gap. Your youngest one takes up most of the attention. You know, she is very demanding and knows what she wants, and my oldest is a little bit more chill, but you have to watch everything they do. They're not independent, they're dangerous, so they're like I describe her as like sunshine with a tat of hurricane, Like you've got to watch everything she's doing. So my eyes are just on her constantly. And she's also having a lot of first moments, so there's a lot of like celebrating those moments. So I feel like having solo time a tage is really really special, and I've been doing that lately and it's just nice to have that one on one connection because when we're all together, I feel like, even with Taj, like the attention is all on Tala, so just separate them. Having that one on one time. That one on one time is so special. It's very quality time. It is, which is a love language of mine. Okay, so out some for me is perfume. It gives me a headache. Yeah, maybe not all of them, but I just notice, like it's just too much scent. Yeah, Like I love using Hideaway. It's obviously got a fragrance in there, but it's just light enough to make me feel and smell really nice. But Perfume, I'm like, oh heavy, it's a lot. Yes, yes, that's out for me.
Speaker 2: So and out for me, it's having reasons for doing what I do. I'm just gonna do what I do, and if somebody goes me, oh why are you doing that, or like more so online or like questioning why I do something, it's like because I want to and not feeling a certain way about it, but just not even having to tell somebody why I'm doing what I'm doing. If I do something and it aligns well with me, just kind of being like sweet, cool, cool, Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 1: For me, that's because I want to do it.
Speaker 2: That's because I want to do it like a half myself.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, I love that. Out for me is stagnant energy old friendships or relationships or connections that I feel like I have to get going. I have to keep trying, and it feels hard. All the conversations I walk away from just feeling a bit yeah, like not inspired and not challenged and not that every conversation has to be like that. Like I can literally sit in a room with my friends and it'll be silent and it's beautiful. Yeah, but the energy is matched. But I just feel like this stagnant energy. I'm like, oh, this doesn't feel good anymore, doesn't feel just like this inner knowing that soul contracts ended?
Speaker 2: So what does it out mean for you? Does it out for you? Mean? Just like not putting the effort in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's kind of allowing those friendships, relationships or connections to do it ale away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let them do their thing, let them take their course.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and not as I feel like I had attachments to friendships lasting forever, yeah, and feeling like I always need to help them and I always need to check in on them, and I always need to do this and that. It's like, actually I don't have to go Yeah, I don't have to do that, And that also opens up new space for me to get deeper connections, deeper conversations with the people that I really am to me it.
Speaker 2: Around, Yeah, I have more time.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Next one for me is not feeling like I'm worth investing in. Oh, I really like this one. So, whether it be for my health, whether it be for my fitness, whether it be for my well being, whether it be for my coaching, whether it be for any element of my life that I feel like I'm needing to put work into, not feeling like I'm worth investing in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's beautiful. Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 2: Whether it be money, whether it be time, whatever it is, because I feel like a lot of the things that I used to tell myself too is like, oh I can't find the time, But it's like, no, you can find time to like do this and do that, and be with your kids and have hours of your kids a day. If you can't have hours of your kids a day, just give yourself a little bit of grace to do.
Speaker 1: We need a few I had a DM from a girl just maybe remember yesterday. It's just like I really want to sign up to your challenge, but I just can't justify spending the money on your app. But if it was my daughter or my husband, I wouldn't even hesitate. Can you help me like unpack this?
Speaker 2: Oh wow?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And I was like, well, you don't think you're worth it then, But I was like, think of the positive impact, Like you doing this for you actually impact your relationship and your relationship with your daughter so much. Your daughter is going to roll model what you do. If she sees you putting time and effort into herself into health and fitness and knowing that she's worth that, she's then gonna copy that. You want to think that this is for your family, and like, you know, you wouldn't do it for yourself, but we're actually helping your family by doing this for you. Yeah, you know there's so many positive effects on you having a really healthy lifestyle. But she just didn't think she's worth that twenty dollars a month or whatever, but she wouldn't hesitate for her family. I was like, that's really interesting. But I was like, your little girl's watching everything that you do, and when you go for a workout and you eat healthy, you show up differently in your relationship. You have their energy, your moods are improved, your sexualves improved, like your confidence is improved and that overflows to everything that you do. So yeah, we are all worthy of investing in ourselves and it impacts positively on everything else in our lives.