Speaker 1: On scoring leads Ostrodia. This is the Wider Panalty Show.
Speaker 2: Good evening and welcome to the Rita Panehy Show. Coming up tonight, the ourb News and government's green hydrogen dreams in DISARRAYUS costs blow up fourfold. The Panel will be here to discuss that shortly the leading child gender physician in the country cops heavy criticism in the family court. Stepanie Bastian will join me to cover that unfolding story. Kosher Gator will have the latest from the US, including the violent far left protests and the always roll Alex Stein will be here to celebrate Pride Months. You don't want to miss that, and Left is losing It is a little bit nausea inducing tonight. You've been warned.
Speaker 3: This woman has been a heroin a hero for me for so many years.
Speaker 4: I've been myra from.
Speaker 2: Macfarre But first joining me is the Panel News Corps Senior writer Patrick Carline and research fellow and director of the Institute of Public Affairs rul's program, Colleen Hearken. Let's start with the Prime Minister's speech today. He addressed the National Press Club in a speech that was filled with all sorts of motherhood statements. Here is what I'm talking about.
Speaker 5: Our vision is for a society that is a microcosm for the world, where all are respected and valued, and our diversity is recognized as a strength, where our international relationships in the fastest growing region of the world in human history benefited us, but also provide a platform for us to play a positive and stabilizing global role in uncertain times.
Speaker 2: Colleen, all very warm and fuzzy. Diversity is our strength, all the usual nonsense we've come to expect. Was there much substance, No.
Speaker 6: There was a lot of lofty motherhood statements. It was like reading a Hallmark gift card early. You know, real difference in people's lives, global vision and leadership. But the problem with this is that it's not ambition, it's actually negligence because the real difference so he can make in people's lives is the cost of living.
Speaker 2: And their energy bills.
Speaker 6: And you know, the economy is driven by the cost of a foundation is driven Sorry, the foundation of the economy is driven by the cost.
Speaker 2: Of our energy.
Speaker 6: And he really should be focusing on what's broken at home. You know, people are barely able to keep the lights on. It was a sort of you know, like being at an afternoon tea with the girls and a few glasses of champagne and not really concentrating on what people need him to do.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 2: The Prime Minister's Patrick hoping to have some FaceTime with President Trump. How is he going to explain Australia's reluctance to increase defense spending So many of our allies have and we seem to be a little bit racalcitrant saying no, you're not going to tell us what to do.
Speaker 8: Well, there is one theory of thought that you will actually have that and then announce a rise in spending, which politically might be savvy if you like. Look, we've been like this country with the ostrich head in the sand for so long we're basically we're just denied talking about it or thinking about this fact that the world has changed. We have to be able to defend ourselves. And it's something that's become a separating soul over a long time that we're in this position where we don't spend any money on defense, we have no great plan for spending money on defense, and we're decades behind where we need to be in a quickly changing world.
Speaker 2: Colleen the plan appears to be America will save us if anything happens, and America is asking us to raise defense spending to three three and a half percent of GDP And if we're not willing to do that, can we have this expectation they're going to come and save the day.
Speaker 6: Well why would they if we're not going to be proper partners in this process, why would they come out and help save us?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, And just finally with the Prime Minister, he is in a blessed position. He's just one in a landslide. He's got the Greens in the Senate just he doesn't even need to deal with the crossbenches. But Patrick, the financial issues facing this country are real and a landslide doesn't change that.
Speaker 4: No, that's right.
Speaker 8: Look, energy bills is the obvious place to go on this. Energy bills are going up, cost of living is going up. These are things that Australands have been feeling since twenty twenty two, since Elbow was first elected. He's not really saying anything that's addressing those issues in a massive way, and I think that's why today's speech is so disappointing. He does have a mandate, really, he has the numbers in the House of Representatives, he can do things, and basically today's speech suggests that he doesn't really need to do much. He just wants to sort of dabble around the edges.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: On energy policy, let's check in on how the Abanza government's Future Made in Australia plan is going and Intercontinential Intercontinental Energy, the co owner of two massive green hydrogen projects in Western Australia, has conceded initial costs for delivering green energy from these facilities is going to be between eight and eleven dollars a kilogram. Eventually, they hope that falls to about four do dollars a kilogram, But according to MSD market analysts, sol cabinic hydrogen prices need to be below two dollars a kilogram to become close to competitive with other energy sources. Eight to eleven dollars a kilogram equates to over sixty dollars a giga jewel, which no major energy user can afford. Meanwhile, the average cost of natural gas patrick in Australia is just under twelve dollars per giga jewel. This is again one of the prime ministers the Labor parties dreams about green hydrogen. We're going to become this renewable superpower, and the evidence so far is not there. Our prices are going up, and the more we invest in this sector, the more prices increase.
Speaker 8: Look, countries and energy companies all over the world have looked at green hydrogen. They've tried to make it work. It's simply not viable at the cost that it comes at. At the moment, the technology doesn't exist. And the fact that green hydrogen is a pillar of our energy future according to this government is hilarious and it's really sad because it doesn't exist yet. No, it's not on the table. It's not an alternative, and it can't be an alternative until the technology exists.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're obsessed with green hydrogen, Colleen, but we've got plenty of gas, coal, uranium, all very reliable sources of energy that were not properly using.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and this is just recklessness, reader, because it's four to five times the cost of the gas and they're wanting to call this a plan for the future. Can you imagine as CEO announcing to the shareholders that we're going to invest ten dollars and maybe in twenty years time we might get a return on investment. You know, it's not an investment, it's ideological indulgence.
Speaker 2: It is so ideological. This is they've just completely abandoned reality and ideology is ruling the day. Now to Channel ten's decision to act its flagship current affairs program, the Project that's been on air for sixteen years, our colleague Steve Price is defending the unwatchable lefty talk Fairsie has been the sole conservative voice, some would say token conservative voice on the program, and he writes in the Herald Sun that people dancing on the grave of tens the project are ignorant. It means that virtually all live television bar some AFL panel shows and some comedy programs and the six PM news are now run out of Sydney. Melbourne is the big loser today and the city will never get back what it had ever Again. Colleen, I don't think the whole Melbourne Sydney rivalry comes into this. That's not why people are mocking this program.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so I have to confess I've never actually watched Project for sixty Yeah, I've never actually watched it for the reasons that you just said. You know, it's a lobsided not balanced perspective of the day's news. But to Steve Price's comment about business leaving Melbourne, IPA research will tell you that there's one hundred and thirty thousand businesses have left Victoria in the last year. So it's not just something like the project. It's not just this sort of lack of reflective of what people want to see in here. There's an undercurrent of businesses leaving Melbourne regardless of the project.
Speaker 2: Wow, one hundred and thirty thousand. What is the predominant reason that's happening.
Speaker 6: Well, red tape, difficulty of doing business in Victoria, all of those sort of economic pressures.
Speaker 2: State taxes were correct at all. Patrick, I can't believe Colleen has not watched any project in sixteen years. Surely you've caught an episode here and there.
Speaker 8: Not for many years, I think, to be fair, it is aimed at the audience far younger than us.
Speaker 2: It was sort of sixteen years ago you were that young.
Speaker 8: That's true, okay, But it always seemed that there was always a hint of sanctimony in the messaging of it.
Speaker 2: Wasn't that That's what I did like, it was the mix of sanctimony arrogance mixed with stupidity. I mean, if you have the sanctimony without the stupidity, or the stupidity without the sanctimony, could work. But is it sad though for Melbourne that it's no longer here?
Speaker 8: Look, I think Price you made a better point when he talked about panel shows being balanced. You don't see that on the ABC as a starting point. I mean, I always grow up to think that good TV was sort of disagreement and conflict and passionate opinions and heavy debating if you like, And you don't see a lot of that anymore. The middle has been lost on TV.
Speaker 2: But I I think the panel provided that. It really didn't. But I mean it is commercial TV. They're not obliged to have that balance. They don't have the charter like the ABC do. And here the ABC never live up to that. Now this is only in Victoria story another disappointment for the Victorian taxpayer. The Labor government here have spent two hundred and fifty million dollars on a high speed express busway from Doncaster to Melbourne that was supposed to be high speed as the name suggests, cut down travel times. But despite those promises from Premier Allen. It seems like this bus trip could take even longer, Colleen, because instead of one hundred kilometer speed limits, we might be down to as low as sixty in sections. So we've spent two hundred and fifty million dollars to have a longer bus trip to the city from Doncasters.
Speaker 6: It's like, well, it's like a Monty Python episode, isn't it It is. It's ridiculous, And apparently, of course there's issues with the trains as well.
Speaker 2: There's always issues with the trade.
Speaker 6: That the new trains don't actually fit on the gauge of the new infrastructure that's been built. So it's just a crazy situation and like an extreme waste of taxpace money not doing the planning that's required.
Speaker 2: Patrick the committee. Comedic value aside, this is a pretty massive stuff up, two hundred and fifty million dollars and very questionable value.
Speaker 8: It's not funny anymore. I mean, the Northeast links a little funny. The budgets are blown out. I drive through there going to and from home from time to time. It's just like a bomb site. It's been like that for years. And the idea that all that all that waiting in traffic jams is going to amount to something that's not even as good as what it was before. In this context is so galling. No, it's not funny anymore.
Speaker 2: It's a little bit funny, but you're not for the taxpayers. I've got to admit it before you go. The United Youth Bradge has made some unbelievable claims saying that Queenslanders young Queenslanders can't have a night out or see their friends because they're terrified they're being targeted by their government's adult crime at Old Time youth crime crackdown. I think you're only targeted if you're breaking the law. The UN's got no idea. They've tried to dictate to the Queensland government what to do. Premier Kristap fully had no time for that, and they're continuing on with their campaign.
Speaker 6: Right behind Christophully on this one. People have a right to feel safe when they go out, and I don't know what these people think that they do that they go out, that they can't just go out and have a good time unless.
Speaker 1: They break the law.
Speaker 6: I mean, it's an absurd sort of proposition to say that they're being targeted, you know, and Victoria is having a similar scenario about youth crime, and I know that the Coalition are talking about break what does it breach? Bail do jail time. It's the same scenario. I think people have fed up with not being able to live their civil life in a comfortable, expected way to be safe.
Speaker 2: Patrick, you've got teenage children. Are they scared to be out and about in Queensland if you're out there for a holiday.
Speaker 8: Look, I'm pretty sure this didn't resonate anywhere, but especially as Colin was saying, in Victoria. I mean the premier up there in Queensland has talked about adult crime, adult time. Wouldn't we love to have that down here?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 8: Yes, But I do invite the author of that report to come down and go shopping in Victoria and perhaps we'll have some machette wielding years running past.
Speaker 2: And it'll be very enriching for them, I'm sure, Patrick, Carli and Colleen Harkin thank you so much for your time tonight. Now, as reported by The Australian newspaper, Australia's foremost gender medicine expert and the lead author of the nation's guidelines on so called gender firming care Michelle Telfer was heavily criticized by family called Judge Andrew Strom for giving misleading evidence in support of a mother who wanted her child to be prescribed puberty blockers. Now this judgment has again called into question the integrity treatment of gender confused kids. Judge Andrew Strum in this case strip the mother of custody and effectively block the twelve year old from accessing these sort of gender treatments, but also criticize the Royal Children's Hospital here in Melbourne and its gender clinic. The Australian also reports that Justice Strum question the Australian Standards of Care and Treatment Guidelines for trans and gender diverse Children and Adolescents authored by Professor Telfer for not recognizing children may not be capable of making life altering medical decisions about their gender identity. Is said, it is concerning that an oddly binary approach is adopted in relation to children, especially of the age of the child the subject of these proceedings. That is, to affirm unreservedly those who present with concerns regarding their gender, brooking no questioning thereof. He wrote in the judgment, the case of the mother is is that because the child says so, the child is and must unquestionably be affirmed as being female in gender identity. However, that overlooks the obvious, namely that the child is still a child, and not even if it matters a teenager. Joining me now is Women's Forum Australia's head of Advocacies, Stephanie Bastian and steph everything I read there, the comments from the judge just seem like pure common sense. But it's common sense we have not heard in the family court on these sort of issues. How significant is this case?
Speaker 9: This is the most significant development so far. Michelle Telfer is the head of medicine at the Royal Children's Hospital. She's also, as you mentioned, the author of the so called standards of care, and the judge has delivered a damning appraisal of her standards of care and the treatments. It's very clear that these treatments are not evidence based, they are based on ideology. Children can't consent to these treatments. The side effects, which include things like infertility, cancer, damage to bone structure are horrendous. They cannot consent, and quite often also children who are struggling with gender dysphoria also struggle with other chomorbid mental health issues, including anxiety, depression and autism, and arguably adults young adults with these mental health issues also can't consent, which we will see. There's a case being run in the Supreme Court in Victoria with mel Jeffries. Will know where that sits in due time. But the fact of the matter is you're dealing with bunderable people who cannot consent and the treatments that they are being prescribed lack the evidence, which we know this should be enough for Health Minister Mark Butler and Prime Minister Anthony Alberesi to intervene immediately to halt these treatments and to hold a national review rather than the soft approach that they're taking at the moment.
Speaker 2: Well, if it wasn't for this case and this course of action being challenged in the courts, that twelve year old child would be on puberty blockers right now, and again, how can a twelve year old consent to that when the consequences can be quite serious, and when we know of so many cases where these gender treatments have had all sorts of medical consequences that the child will just have no understanding of at that age. Now nine newspapers columnist Peter Fitzsimon's The Pirate has declared shame on those who whip up hate against trans athletes for clicks and votes. This is an article he wrote recently where he said the nastiest and most ruthless purveyors of hate bait continually push out a catastrophically cliched warning that the sports world is a wash, with swarthy truck drivers wearing tutus and time's storming and swarming their way through girls' changing rooms and fields to lear and sneer their way to every trophy going. The truth of the matter that we are talking about mostly just a handful of gentle souls with the extraordinary courage to live as what they believe is their true gender and want to be included in sport. Doesn't rate as hate bait, So forget it. Your job is to whip it up. That's quite an amusing, unintentionally amusing little die tribe their Stephanie. But I think the Pirate is not happy with you or me, it seems.
Speaker 9: Look, I just hope female athletes aren't paying attention to this latest dribble from Pirate Pete but it just shows how out of touch he is. He is a man telling women who are talking about their sex base rights that they should be quiet to protect the feelings of these so called trans athletes. A young woman from Victoria called into Ben Bordham's show this week and she talked about her experience of being confronted with a transathlete and I want to share it because I think it's very relevant. But she is five foot to four. He was six point six foot two, and she talked about being confronted with him in the change room and her fear of being crushed into the pavement in the event of an accident, and she talked about the fact that the violation that she felt when his body brushed against hers to block her from shooting a goal. She is representative of many girls around this country and Pirate Pete has no concern or consideration for what these girls are going through. And it is absolutely ridiculous that he is so out of touch that he would mock these women and the very real plight that they are fighting but also fighting to be able to speak in public about.
Speaker 2: Well, this is I think what the consequence of this article is those of us who have been reporting on this, and I've been writing about it for a decade before he was a big issue. I'm not going to be silenced, but I do worry whether young girls, women who are competing in sports where there are men present, men who identify as women present, whether they're going to be discouraged from speaking because they're being called nasty and spreading hate bait and what are the other hyperbolic language the pirate used there? And that's really the effect of this activism from the left is to silence women who are being impacted by these men.
Speaker 9: Absolutely, and I think I'm fearful that that is the intent from Pete's article. He is trying to continue that culture of silencing people who oppose this ideology, and he will do it at all costs, with no regard to the women and girls that he is impacting.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Stephanie Bastian, thanks for your time. Still to come. Left is Losing at plus the latest from the US, including the violent fi Left protests in La Kosher Gator as the details. You're watching the Reader Patty Show, and it's time for Lefties Losing it, and we will get back to the demented Left's latest round of riots shortly, but first the Tony Awards were on overnight. You didn't know if near the did I until this dude caught my eye on the red carpet. Stunning and brave. That's Cole Escola, who beat out the likes of George Clooney and John Michael Hill to win the Tony for Best Leading Actor. And the media were of course keen to trumpet the fact that he was the first openly non by artists to win Leading Actor. Yes, a groundbreaking night, and the publications were also keen to mangle the English language to respect a scholars. They them pronouns. USA Today reported they are now the first non binary performer to win in that Tony category. I mean they are they multiple people. It was a piece just rendered nonsensical with deliberate grammar crimes. And let's not forget the non binary dude here says he prefers they then pronouns, but was nevertheless very happy to be nominated and win the very gendered Best Leading Actor award.
Speaker 10: All the scholer if you want to thank the other nominees, George and John and Harry and Daniel and Louis. It's an honor to be in your company, the most important people in my life, my friends who are here tonight, Jeffrey jen Ben, everyone watching at home, Christian Dakota, the whole Gang, John Claudia Oh and Tibo from Grinder.
Speaker 2: Can't forget Tbo from Grind. I here's fun na less one is this duo the Queens of Performative Caring, as Douglas Murray would call them, And gosh, don't they love each other? Or at least they pretend to get your buckets ready? This is nausea inducing.
Speaker 3: This woman has been a heroine, a hero for me for so many years I've admired from Afar, and this is the first time I've had the opportunity to sit down and have a conversation because she's written a book called A Different Kind of Power, And I love that you call it that because the different kind of power is kindness.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 11: It's all those things that you think are weaknesses or a taught are weaknesses. Empathy, sensitivity, self doubt and humility.
Speaker 4: That's powerful.
Speaker 3: What I admire is that you're a Prime Minister and you made a decision that I am going to have kindness as a principle from my administration.
Speaker 2: Told you it was gross, but we'll get through it together. It's okay. What did zindata and say? This is all about kindness? Empathy, sensitivity, self doubt, and humility are just like this.
Speaker 11: Breaking the rules could kill someone close to you to maintain compliance, and there will be spot check's implants for anyone who is not vaccinated right now. Unless you choose to be, you will not be able to enjoy the freedoms of other New Zealanders if you don't comply with the rules, who run the risk of forcing us to extend the period of lockdown. For that information, do feel free to visit at any time to clarify any roamor you may hear COVID nineteen dot govt dot NZ. Otherwise dismiss anything else. We will continue to be your single source of.
Speaker 2: Truth, single source of truth. Just in this truth not the truth truth. Yes, the former Prime min through New Zealand, who impose some of the most illiberal, inhumane lockdowns anywhere in the world. She even banned pregnant New Zealand women from returning home, even from a war zone. This poor lass had to seek help from the Taliban because Jaisinda Adurn was too busy playing the media's favorite leftist darling to take care of her own citizens. She's the leader who preaches about love, tolerance and kindness, but oversaw the rise of huge societal problems in New Zealand, from homelessness to race relations. Remember when she promised shelter for every homeless New Zealander. But because she's an inept clown and not really interested in exercising kindness or sound policy, the problem exploded under her watch. Just a couple of years after that promise. Well, there were record numbers waiting for public housing record and that was before COVID hit Well done, Jacinda a hero? Oprah called her, no, not a hero, a terrible leader who made life harder for ordinary New Zealanders. And you quit before that could boot out. But here she is with Oprah rewriting history.
Speaker 3: Did you have a kindness gathering of faminess?
Speaker 12: Do you know?
Speaker 11: We'd spend a lot of time looking at what was happening in New Zealand. And it's not just about what you do when you're in government, it's.
Speaker 1: About the way you do it.
Speaker 11: And I felt we've lost their humanity and we were there to serve people and kindness was a really simple way to embody there. So no, we definitely didn't. We didn't do a huddle, we didn't workshop it.
Speaker 10: It was instinctive.
Speaker 11: But I think it was what we needed at the time, and I think it's what the world needs right now as well.
Speaker 2: I do too, a different kind of power. I need that bucket now to La where the mostly peaceful protests continue. And as you saw there, they continue. You to fly the Mexican flag. They loot, burn and write and keep waving that flag. And they're still burning the American flag. They're not only burning the American flag, but they are spitting on it. Just vile, vile, anti American crims, destructive creams. And if you want to know why the National Guard was called in, well it may have something to do with cops being attacked like this.
Speaker 10: Oh my god, you got.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that looks like attempted murder. But the mayor, Karen Bass, is more concerned with ice. She wants immigration officials to stop doing their job administration.
Speaker 8: And if you can speak to MO when.
Speaker 13: I would say stop the reids, stop the reeds, period, I would say, give the power back to our governor, and if we need the National Guard, we can do it in the numerous circumstances, which is the request is made local and the governor decides or not to grant that to our city.
Speaker 2: And it's not just the mayor. Democrats across the US are disgracing themselves by standing with the lawless thugs rather than the rule of law. His Democrat Congresswoman Promila Jayapa.
Speaker 14: Donald Trump calling out the National Guard unconstitutionally, illegally without the governor's authorize approval. As Heimi said, that's something that has not happened since nineteen sixty five, and it's hard to imagine that this time the National Guard were sent out to attack protesters that were exercising their constitutional obligation.
Speaker 2: Constitutional obligation. Yes, she said that these people are nuts and they are determined to lose. This issue is a loser for the Democrats every day of the weeken twice on Sundays. But Congresswoman Jaya Powell wants to see more of this craziness. It's apparently good for the country.
Speaker 15: It is actually in the interest of all American people to stand up for these rates.
Speaker 10: They know they know that dividing us is what will.
Speaker 4: Make them strong.
Speaker 2: She's as mad as a cut snake, and so is this dude, Senator Chris Murphy.
Speaker 16: Obviously, this is a moment where we have to be on the streets all over the country to protest what's happening to our immigrant community, but more broadly, to protest what's happening to our democracy. This is the most corrupt administration in the history of the country, and we are going to rise to this moment by being out there on the streets. But you know, ultimately, I think the country sees what Donald Trump is trying to do here. He's looking for a fight. There's nothing in what he is doing that is about peace or about restoring order.
Speaker 2: Donald Trump started the fight. Was he the one who told these thugs to attack police, burn cars, loot stores right across LA And Trump's called in the National Guard not to restore order, but to continue the fight. Genius work there from the Democrat on MSNBC. Why don't you try saying that to LAPD chief Jim McDonald, who fears cops will lose their lives in this violence.
Speaker 17: This violence that I've seen is disgusting. It's escalated now since the beginning of this incident. What we saw the first night was bad we've seen subsequent to that is getting increasingly worse and more violent. Tonight, we had individuals out there shooting commercial grade fireworks at our offsters that can kill you. And we have adapted our tactics to be able to have a chance, to be able to take these people into custody and to be able to hold them accountable.
Speaker 2: Let's bring in Scott News contributor Kosher, Geeta Kosher. The Democrats are playing with fire here. Excuse the pod, but this is just dangerous territory for them.
Speaker 1: It really is.
Speaker 18: The shift in public support for getting illegal immigrants out, and especially criminal illegal immigrants, which is where the administration's focus is and where those initial people in LA were apprehended, has been unlike anything I've seen in terms of just even eight ten years ago, the public support was not there, and how it is completely shifted by double digits in the column of get these people out, because you don't have a country if you just allow ramp into illegal immigration, criminal or otherwise. So it is losing the only thing I can think of is Chris Murphy, Senator from Connecticut promilogae.
Speaker 1: Apart from the state of Washington, these are very.
Speaker 18: Blue sapphire blue states, and maybe they still believe that their constituency over their response to these comments, like you know, I'm here to defend democracy and role in this together, and that's why they're doing that. But when you look at just the global or the national picture, it doesn't make sense.
Speaker 1: And I think they're going to pay a price.
Speaker 2: I think they are. And what you said is one hundred percent accurate. The polls show that Donald Trump is on a solid ground when it comes to his immigration policy and the deportation plan as well. Let's check in with CNN for the latest data. This must have.
Speaker 12: Hurt, you know, if we just take a look at the baseline numbers here. This is Trump's net approval rating on immigration. It's gone up like a rocket compare now versus eight years ago during Trump's first term. It is his top issue so far. And the reason it is his top issue is because take a look at the individual nuggets in here. Why are people approving of Trump on immigration, approve of these different immigrans actions well, Trump's administration's program to deport those here illegally. Look at this fifty four percent approval. How about agents searching your hometown for those that they think are here illegally again, positive territory here above fifty percent for Donald Trump. So it's not just on the broad issue of immigration where Trump is doing well. It's on the specifics. When you dive into the issues, Trump is above fifty percent and his actions are above fifty percent.
Speaker 2: Now, what is really interesting is that this is an issue that Democrats used to win on. No more, and it seems that Dems are slow learners.
Speaker 12: The Democrats don't have a clue on the issue of immigration. I mean, you could just take it here closer to trust more and immigration. Democrats versus Republicans. Got three different polls for you across the board. They all tell the same story. Republicans lead on the issue of immigration. You see it here, CBS plus six, you see it here, CNN plus six, you see it here, IPSOS even bigger plus nineteen. No matter what poll you look at, no matter what which way you cut it, the American public is with the Republicans. The American public is with Donald Trump, and to a much greater extent than they were in term number one. And it's not just on the broad issue of immigration. It's on the specifics as well, in which the American public is with Donald Trump and the Republicans, and that is why Donald Trump is eager to take on this fight.
Speaker 2: The data there is pretty clear. It's pretty devastating for the Democrats and this despite the media coverage, and the media coverage we're getting in this country is being quite appalling and misleading. But that's the state of play. Could these protests extend to other parts of the country. Could we be looking at BLM two point zero?
Speaker 18: You know, that's the question everybody's asking, And sadly, rightly or wrongly, a lot of people wonder whether these are one hundred percent organic where there are agitators in the mix, given they're losing on the issue politically, and I'm sure it's hurting the media. Although I think Harry Enton is a secret Trump supporter, and those polling segments have become us.
Speaker 2: He knows to create the numbers. The numbers are the numbers.
Speaker 1: And he's very honest.
Speaker 18: He's always a little bit too excited when he reports them, and that is showing you that it just doesn't make sense if everybody is approving even of the tactics that go into my communities go into the home. Deepert go into the schools, find them and get them out.
Speaker 1: Those were the numbers you're showing.
Speaker 18: It doesn't jive why there are so many protests unless it just is a function of the number of illegal immigrants in the country, and there are many of them, and if they band together and start to create mayhem, then maybe that was inevitable.
Speaker 2: Well, California's response, other than ignoring the violence and generally not even protecting law enforcement from these lawless thugs, they now want to and I think they have started suing the Trump administration. Has that going to work out? I mean, the judges in that state, we know how they lead. But really, is this going to end in anything other than just a waste of everybody's time.
Speaker 18: Definitely a waste of time. That is their favorite tactic, using the judicial system to their advantage. If they do get something favorable on their side of the column, it's going to go up to the Supreme Court. That's a little bit tenuous and it's not a healthy system. If fundamental questions, is the commander in chief, the head of the executive branch, allowed to expel non citizens who are in the country legally, and if that is even going to be tested yeah, and hanging in the balance of four or five people in rules just to find that we have problems. But I do think ultimately the Supreme Court will rule favorably for this. This is within his purview as the chief executive of the country and hopefully you'll have success with it.
Speaker 2: Well, we can't have this situation continue. You keep hearing talk about a constitutional crisis. This is the constitutional crisis. The court's being used to usurpt the power of the commander in cheap and the will of the people. We had an election, it was a landslide result. The president has a man date and he's not being allowed to deliver on that man date. And the Democrats have got to be careful with these tactics because it can come back to them the other way as well.
Speaker 18: Definitely, and this side is learning how to play by those rules. I think for so long they didn't. And so the Left is very effective at these strategies. But Trump and his successors, whether is JD. Vans or whoever, are going to use that same playbook on them.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. Now, Donald Trump had a bit of fun today. He had a diagnosis and some advice for Greta Thunberg, who is accusing Israel of kidnapping her.
Speaker 7: She's a strange person. She's a young, angry person. I don't know if it's real anger. It's hard to believe, actually, but I saw what happened. She's certainly different anger management. I think she has to go to an anger management class. That's my primary recommendation for her.
Speaker 1: As she says, well she can, I can.
Speaker 7: I find it. I think Israel has enough problems without kidnapping Greta Thunberg. And secondly, are you guys to know what she said she was kidnapped by Israel?
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, she needs anger management classes kosher and he questions whether that anger is genuine. But if it is genuine, he wants her to get some help.
Speaker 18: That was Trump and it's comedic timing and it's finance. I feel like we're back in the Apprentice, But in real life she is not a sympathetic figure. I think she's suffering from relevance deprivation syndrome, where her climate mandate has fizzled and she's trying to inject herself into whatever the issues of the day are. Sailing into Gaza, being intercepted and then claiming she was kidnapped by Israel, and I think she's petitioning her country, the Swedish government to intervene, even though I think they're sending her back.
Speaker 2: But they're sending it back. They're not even faulting hers. I don't know what this intervention is going totally.
Speaker 18: She sounds like somebody desperate for attention and fame, and mebe anger management.
Speaker 2: As the President said, now, let's talk a little about Columbia. The leading Conservative candidate for president, thirty nine year old Senator Migail Urubay Turba, was shot three times, including twice in the head, while he was addressed supporters at the weekend. Here's how it unfolded and a warning viewers might find this distressing. In the aftermath, the presidential hopeful was surrounded by supporters who put themselves in considerable danger to try to help him. Let's have a look Tourbe has survived emergency surgery and is an intensive care has been non responsive thus far. His wife, Maria Claudia Tarrizona, has asked the nation to pray for his survival, saying, Miguel is currently fighting for his life. Let us ask God to guide the hands of the doctors who are treating him. A security guard has detained the alleged attacker, who is believed to be just fifteen years old. He's in police custody. Kosher. We've seen this sort of violence too often in South America. I can argue it's happened in North America in recent times as well.
Speaker 18: Indeed, now Latin America is a very dangerous place. I think it's eight percent of the world's population and one third of the homicides happened there. So that's just the baseline situation. But then you layer on top of that the political angle to this, and there's been quite a few I was looking it up.
Speaker 1: A presidential candidate for Ecuador was shot and killed.
Speaker 18: Recently, a mayoral candidate from Mexico was shot as well.
Speaker 1: A few years ago.
Speaker 18: Bolscenario, the former president of Brazil, was stabbed survived.
Speaker 1: It was stabbed in twenty eighteen.
Speaker 18: So this seems to be another part of the playbook with just as a political climate gets worse and worse and the stakes get higher, you do see that, whether it's the riots in La or these kinds of assassinations, and I think we'll see more of them.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, unfortunately, and the that so many of these victims tend to be on the conservative side of politics. Has not escaped attention either. Koshergator, thank you so much for your time. Time still to come. Alex Stein will be here to celebrate Pride months. You don't want to miss that. Welcome back. Joining me now is comedian and host of Primetime with Alex Stein on Blaze TV. Alex We've often remarked about Donald Trump being the funniest president. We saw some of his work earlier with his diagnosis of Greta Thunberg. His comedic timing is impeccable and it appears to have rubbed off on the VP. Here is jd Vance with comedian Theo Vaughn talking about the Big Beautiful Bill and the Bengals.
Speaker 12: You think Trey Hendrickson will get signed.
Speaker 15: That's the million dollar question or I guess the fifty million dollar question.
Speaker 12: Are you going to stub.
Speaker 15: That was actually an unknown? That's a big part of the Big Beautiful Bill is thirty million dollars to the Bengals to help with salary cap space. I mean, look, so Hendrickson in his market, dude, Dude, he's a generational talent.
Speaker 2: Alex is a rare politician. Vance just on the ho von. He revealed in that interview with the VP that he's got Tim Walls coming on the program tamp On. Tim is going to be on his show. How do you think that's going to go?
Speaker 19: Well, tam On tam the football coach and knows nothing about football.
Speaker 4: That is going to be very entertaining.
Speaker 19: But I just want to say something, Rita to your audience and Sky News. You know, I have been accused of being anti LGBTQ in the past, and I want to say that that is absolutely impossible because I'm a Dallas Cowboys fan, and being a Dallas Cowboys fan in America means that you cannot have any more gay pride than that. So you know, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't try to give the Bengals thirty million dollars to help with the salary cap.
Speaker 4: I mean, they need it. They have a bunch of good players.
Speaker 19: There is that tether and I could be afore be able to afford very much longer.
Speaker 4: So I wouldn't be surprised if JD.
Speaker 19: Vance put his finger on the scale to try to help out his home team.
Speaker 2: Well, it happens that JD. Vance was being interviewed there with THEO Vaughn as Elon Musk and Donald Trump were having their massive feud on X. Of course he was asked about it. It was happening as he was on his way to the interview, And this is his explanation at that early stage about why Elon had him melt down.
Speaker 15: Elon's new to politics, right, so his businesses are being attacked NonStop. They're literally like firebombing some of his cars. And by the way, we're looking into a lot of the stuff. I mean, some of that stuff we're looking into as an active terrorism at the Department of Justice, because I think it is an act of terrorism. So I think part of it is this guy got into politics and has suffered a lot for it. But I mean, and I get the frustration there, and I get the frustration that. I mean, look, Congress got the spinning bil, But the main purpose of the bill is not actually spending or cutting spending, though it does cut a lot of spending. The main purpose of the bill is to prevent the biggest tax increase. But I understand, like it's a good bill, it's not a perfect bill. Like the process in DC if you're a business leader, you probably get frustrated with that process because it's more you know, bureaucratic, it's more slow moving. So I think there's just some frustrations there. But I really, man, I think it's a huge mistake for him to go after the president like that, And I think that if he and the President are in some blood feud, most importantly, it's going to be bad for the country. But I think it's going to be I don't think it's going to be good for Elon either.
Speaker 2: Alex what's been the fallout. Will Elon ever be trusted again after that meltdown?
Speaker 4: I do not think that Elon will be trusted again.
Speaker 19: I mean, you're hearing stories too of Elon of Shelton cabinet members that had secret service, you know, detail with him at the time, and he's not getting in trouble, and you know, there's been allegations that he was supposedly potentially on some sort of therapeutic kenemine at the time of these tweets. Listen, if you really look at Elon Musk, I like Elon Musk, but and honestly, I'm actually I agree with him that.
Speaker 4: There's probably a little too much bloating this bill.
Speaker 19: But at the same time, Elon Musk called out Donald Trump, and I think that it needs to publicly apologize and try to harp back on the Trump train because him beefing with Donald Trump is a proposition that I think will only be a hindrance to his success in the future for Elon to continue to favor Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: Oh look, I think Elon very quickly realized his considerable mistake there. He's gone back and deleted some of those crazy tweets and he was tweeting in a far more conciliatory tone. But you know what, if you're going to have a meltdown behind closed doors, do not put it on X. That is not very clever at all. Now you've been up to mischief again, Alex. I know how much you enjoy Pride Month. He talked about that earlier. Here you are spreading the joy at a city council meeting.
Speaker 20: I just want to say that this is my favorite month of the year. So I wrote a little song about this month and why it's so special to me. So if you guys want to sing along, you guys are welcome to sing along.
Speaker 2: In that is That's enough. That's enough, Alex, I don't know what to say. Is the tune going to be out on iTunes? What were you thinking there? Some of those lyrics we kin'd even played at this time of night.
Speaker 4: No, we can't.
Speaker 19: But Rita, there is no lies detected whatsoever. This whole entire month, every corporation decides to put their pride flag right in our face and listen, I'm not anti gay. I love my gay brothers and sisters, but I'm kind of sticking of these companies virtue signaling for one month of the year. It's like, give me a break. You know, we should have a support for everybody year round. And you know I had to go up there and do a little primetime Alex Stein and I will say this that ruta you called it. We're having a better version, a much higher quality version of this song.
Speaker 4: Coming out this week.
Speaker 19: It should be a out I think within twenty four hours of this interview tonight.
Speaker 2: Oh wonderful. Maybe you could put it with a bonus track, the one you wrote about AOC What was that one called Big Booty Latina's I think again another bang out from you now before you go. Those crazy La riots have spread to Texas, the great state of Texas. Well, they're not rights there yet, They're just a protest if you doesn't confuse Souls have showed up in Austin, which is barely Texas anyway these days, but they refuse to explain their position. When Owen Schreyer showed up, I would just.
Speaker 12: Think, if you're out here for a cause, you'd be able to talk about it, and none of you can.
Speaker 2: Bunches, if you can't, le don't you just wait? All right?
Speaker 16: Think what we're all here for. I've been just shut up like everybody else, and all right, you're edituting everyone.
Speaker 4: I'm asking as do you believe it alone?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 7: I do. But the time in a place.
Speaker 4: States America at the time.
Speaker 2: I won rate the room, Alex, what do you think about these protests or that they're going to take hold in Texas?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 4: I think Texas is not going to be as bad as La.
Speaker 19: And great job of Owen Schroyer going into the Lions then and talking to the protesters.
Speaker 4: But this is the problem though real quickly. It is that these protesters, the.
Speaker 19: American ones, now we have our own military potentially fighting against American citizens.
Speaker 4: That's bad, and the other thing is the illegal immigrants.
Speaker 19: They don't even want to be legal immigrants because they want to be able to make money, send it back home, and not pay taxes.
Speaker 4: So these people that are fighting against Americans don't even want to actually be American. That's a big problem.
Speaker 2: Well, they're fighting the flag of another country, so that's a pretty good sign of where they want to be. Alex Stein, thank you for your time, and that's it from May. Up next is Newsnight, good Night,