Speaker 1: The Chrissy Swan Show.
Speaker 2: Well, I've had a shower and put on some fresh threads and got out of bed. Here I am back, Jack.
Speaker 3: You're Backswany. We missed you. The last couple of days.
Speaker 2: I've been resting. I've been resting like a medieval lady, lounging on a bed. You know, I just had no energy and it just didn't feel great.
Speaker 3: You know, You've got to take time for yourself sometimes and.
Speaker 2: Look to be honest. I really could have had today off. But I am back for one reason and one reason only. I need to talk to you about holding space for the lyrics of defying gravity. Are you across this viral trend nod? I cannot wait to take you through it. I'll do a full deep dive in a sec. But you're going to love this.
Speaker 3: Am I? Actually?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay? Because usually it's me bringing you across the viral trends.
Speaker 2: I know, but I've been laying in my bed doing nothing.
Speaker 3: Just scrolling full doom scrolling. Did you start to get a bit of depression?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Good? After three o'clock in Chrissy's Queisy, there is a Frank Green holiday pack to be one. It's got some epic stuff in there. For the first time this year, we're bringing back Who Am I? There is five hundred dollars cash to be one that's just before three but next Misstic Chrissy thirteen twenty four Tan if you would like your mind read and you will win two hundred and fifty dollars cash the Chrissy Swan Show.
Speaker 2: Ah, Troy my friend who doesn't know that we're friends yet.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm going to tell him when you meet that you didn't go to his concert but I did, and then he won't be your friend.
Speaker 2: Yes he will. He will love me more because I'm not a star, you know? Person?
Speaker 3: Are you trying to call me a start?
Speaker 2: You're stick to the Christy Swan Show and I'm in the mood for this.
Speaker 3: You Speke Savers is helping Chrissy with her mystical visions.
Speaker 1: Should have gone to Speke Savers, Christian.
Speaker 2: I really hope Troy Sevan did not hear us then to grown adults fighting? Which one he's going to like more?
Speaker 3: Well, he didn't invite me to the after party that they hosted, so I think it'll be you no offended?
Speaker 2: Hello Lauren, Hello Christy. Hmmm you're deep in Christmas vibes, Lauren. You don't know how you're going to afford it this year.
Speaker 5: Oh, yes, truly correct.
Speaker 2: You also like Halloween, but you sort of have to choose between the two this year, if you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: Funds don't go that far for Halloween unfortunately.
Speaker 6: Ah, they died.
Speaker 3: I mean it's a white sheet cut some holes in the eyes, and Bob's your uncle.
Speaker 5: I do that one.
Speaker 2: Lean protein?
Speaker 5: Yeah, not lately.
Speaker 2: No, not me, someone around someone around you, Yes, sushi is the ultimate lean protein.
Speaker 3: Wait where did sushi come from?
Speaker 2: She just said to sushi count. Oh there's someone around you though that is obsessed with lean protein.
Speaker 5: Ah no, no, not really.
Speaker 2: No, it might be news. Sadly, it might be a news resolution happening for somebody. I can see. God, no, I can see it at your place, Lauren. I can see containers and containers of meal prepping. I believe it's called is.
Speaker 5: That muffins muffin? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, for the kid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a scandal in your family background, Lauren.
Speaker 4: Oh, you can tell me more.
Speaker 2: Someone isn't who you think they are.
Speaker 4: I wish I can know more.
Speaker 5: I need to know more.
Speaker 2: We'll get onto ancestry dot com. That'll give you all the answer unless you have killed someone, and then don't do that because then the cops can get you by your DA.
Speaker 6: Radio.
Speaker 3: Wait till you're saying you've killed someone. That's what I heard.
Speaker 2: You're very weary and you need to get your iron checked. There's the low iron problem around you, Lauren.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, that could be me.
Speaker 2: Direct. You have a wistful expression on your face, not unlike a cocker spaniel. Probably there's something in your house that's brown and you wish that it was not brown.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, yes, my lounge.
Speaker 3: Oh you got lounges.
Speaker 4: Yes, brown leather and I hate them, oh god.
Speaker 2: And there's nothing you can do with brown leather.
Speaker 4: True, and I'm stuck with them for years.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, chuck them on, Chuck them on Facebook marketplace and upgrade.
Speaker 5: Was yeah, yeah maybe do you like that?
Speaker 2: Do you like the shape? Yes?
Speaker 5: In the comfy?
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, instead of putting them on Facebook Marketplace, go on air Tasker and write rearpolster required, and then you can pick beautiful upholstery and get them done. Now there's an idea cheaper than a cap Yeah.
Speaker 3: Christmas, all right, one last year.
Speaker 2: I can see the term's well off, and that means you've either got a second story or a fridge with an ice machine in it loaded.
Speaker 3: Hey, Lauren, we're gonna add to that wealth of yours because you have just won two hundred and fifty dollars cash and a VIP Specsavers voucher.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Guys, Go get an infusion, Lauren, go get an infusion.
Speaker 3: Next, we're gonna talk about this holding space for wickedly Oh.
Speaker 2: God, I can't waste. The Chrissy is one show at Priceline Pharmacy. They're all about keeping you sun safe, the best thing you can do to protect yourself from harmful UV rays and Premisu are aging sunscreen every day.
Speaker 3: Head online or in store to shop down at Price Ligne the Chrissy Swan Show.
Speaker 2: Now, as you know, I've had a couple of days off.
Speaker 3: Yes, you've not been well, very unlike me.
Speaker 2: You've worked with me, you know, every day for how long now, I nine years? How many sick days have I had?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 3: Maybe four?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had two in a row, and frankly I'm not well enough to be back at work. But we needed to talk about something and this is the reason that I'm here. Okay, we need the whole time I was sick, I was watching these this story unfold, and I'm speaking specifically about holding space for the lyrics of defying gravity. I have never wanted to talk to you more about something in my life. Are you across this viral moment? I'm not, And I was.
Speaker 3: Really busy over the last week, but usually I'm across everything, So I'm surprised.
Speaker 2: You know, we've been so excited about Wicked and we are mad for it, but very very rapidly, Arianna Grande and Cynthia and Cynthia, Arianna and Cynthia are becoming insufferable.
Speaker 7: Insufferable because if I see them make crapping on in that earnest style for one more second about a film that they start in and did not write or create, I'm going to cut a bitch.
Speaker 3: I will cut a bitch with you, right, you what I want to say to them? Gales? People have been doing this on Broadway for years, four years? Do you see them sooking it up with smallsy No, you don't exactly, So give your form in an interview and on your go.
Speaker 2: And haven't they been giving the interviews. They've been good in that way. So many interviews, and I draw your attention to one but with Tracy Cuff, but I think her name is it doesn't matter, Trace, Trace, an American woman who I believe did not come fully prepared to the interview. And you know what this is like. You sort of find yourself in the interview and you haven't done it very much much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you feel like a panic attack's coming.
Speaker 2: On, and then something just comes out of your mouth. Okay, keep that in mind when you hear the absolute schmaltz that occurs after this.
Speaker 8: This week, people are taking the lyrics of defining gravity and really holding space with that and feeling power in that.
Speaker 6: I didn't know that that was happening.
Speaker 8: I've seen it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's really powerful. That's why I wanted. I don't know that was happening.
Speaker 2: Can we just play it again? Okay, just play play the viral line again.
Speaker 3: That's what I wanted.
Speaker 8: This week, people are taking the lyrics of defining gravity and really holding space with that and feeling power in that.
Speaker 6: I didn't know that that was happening.
Speaker 1: I've seen it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I've seen it.
Speaker 2: I've seen it.
Speaker 6: Really powerful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's why I wanted. That's what she wanted.
Speaker 6: I don't know that was happening.
Speaker 2: So it is so funny the idea that people are holding space for the lyrics of defining gravity.
Speaker 3: But can you explain to me, am I missing something? What does that actually mean?
Speaker 2: So what that actually means? It's corny speak for they are really listening to the lyrics I'm defining gravity blah blah blah. They're identifying with it, and they're just letting those lyrics sit with them long enough to really affect change in their own lives.
Speaker 3: I mean, they are redefining the word cringe on this press trail, like what is happening to people?
Speaker 2: But what I love about this is that the sense of humor is absolutely universal because everybody is using this on the bottom of their business emails. I'm sorry, I can't get back to you right now. I'm holding space for the lyrics of defining gravity. Bratt has been you know, that's all been redesigned with those words. I mean, the options are endless. How you can Yeah, and I just think we just use it now in everyday please language. Yeah, let's start while while we are slamming these two. Can we please also enjoy a piece of cheesy audio.
Speaker 3: Yes, this is my favorite. Wait is it the one that where we both love?
Speaker 6: Yes.
Speaker 9: So.
Speaker 3: The interviewer in this case, her name was Darcy Edkins. It was the first time she'd done a junket interview, and she told the women, so, a.
Speaker 2: Junket interview, in case you don't know, it's where the stars sort of stay in one spot. It's like getting a photo with Santa. They stay in one spot and the interviewer moves in and out.
Speaker 3: In and out. And this woman at the end, at the end of the interview says, this is the first time I've done one of these junket interviews, which was really lovely. But listen to their response.
Speaker 6: The later today were such a will, such light into the room.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much.
Speaker 6: We're appreciate today. We knew we needed to come in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we needed you to come in.
Speaker 2: That's how I greet you every time I see you before work.
Speaker 3: We needed you to come in. I do love Cynthia and Arianna.
Speaker 2: I've got to say that, but play this song. I'm busy holding space for the lyrics of defining.
Speaker 3: Thirteen twenty four to ten. Next we are bringing back who Am I? With five hundred dollars cash.
Speaker 1: The Chrissy Swan Show. The Chrissy Swan Show.
Speaker 2: Isn't it that for a while?
Speaker 3: A bit of pink case? She's done herself in after all of her touring. What do you mean she's like ruined both of her knees. She's pulled her a hammy or something she had. She wasn't able to reschedule shows that she needed to.
Speaker 2: Are you going to send her some?
Speaker 3: Yeah, dear Alicia, I hope you're feeling better.
Speaker 2: She ad to do the Grizzy Show and nover, let's do.
Speaker 1: This, Chrissy Swans am I?
Speaker 2: I'm excited about this because I love this game.
Speaker 3: I know, Swanya. It's the first time we've played it in twenty twenty four, and you know.
Speaker 2: I have happy memories of who Am I? The first time I would have played it would have been seven, six or seven years old. There was a television show called Sale the Century hosted by Tony Barber. Yeah, he used to do a round of who Am I? Great game and I never knew the answers and my dad always did, and I was like, you.
Speaker 6: Are so smart.
Speaker 3: The major would have smashed it.
Speaker 2: Oh, I loved Salath Century. Hello Sam, Hello Chrissy, are you old enough to remember Sale of the Century?
Speaker 9: I am?
Speaker 4: I love Sale of the Century?
Speaker 2: Tiny barber, tiny barber, and the full carpeted seton. If you've got it right, you got to pick a famous face. Love it all right, Let's see if we can we can get you some cash. Sam. We've got five clues here about a particular celebrity, one of our favorites. And I've also got five hundred bucks cash here to give away to you. Each incorrect answer you make, I'm going to snatch away one hundred bucks.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, I'll try hard.
Speaker 2: You got five seconds after I read out every clue to guess. Let's go questions. Clue number one.
Speaker 3: This is tricky, No, okay, this is where Sam. Just stay on the line for me. You are to read these clues word for word. Otherwise the game just ends within the first clue. Okay, So Swanny, pretend you are on TV reading an auto queue and just read the sheet. Baby. And she's not even looking at me, Sam, she's reading. She's looking at Okay, thank you, Sam wants to win some Cashlue.
Speaker 2: Number one, Ye, this popular singer was born in Johannesburg in South Africa.
Speaker 5: So do I have to repeat that back to you?
Speaker 3: No, you've got a guest.
Speaker 2: I guess who it is?
Speaker 4: Okay, Sorry, I've had a beer. Oh Johanna's food.
Speaker 5: Where's joh Hannah's food?
Speaker 2: I said it's in South Ambrica?
Speaker 4: Oh tu, I've had a really bad week?
Speaker 2: Yeah, me too?
Speaker 5: Are you right?
Speaker 2: Do you understand? You understand it's only Wednesday? You kind of had to better.
Speaker 4: Way, I do understand, but you don't understand the week of anyway.
Speaker 3: Continue on, Alrighty, we're a clue number two. There's four hundred dollars cash up for grab, steel Sam. Now, so we know that we know that this person is a singer born in Johannesburg. Now, as soon as Christy gives you this next clue, try and guess who it is. Okay, Clue number two, swany for four hundred dollars cash.
Speaker 2: Have you designed this?
Speaker 3: Just read the clue otherwise I will just read the clue.
Speaker 2: I'm a singer, but I and I live in Melbourne. But I also have a fragrance and a homewhere brand and a really fancy house, and I was in the design five not Keith Urban Listen. I don't know if we're a lab, but I want to give Sam everything we've got.
Speaker 3: Clue number three for three hundred dollars cash.
Speaker 2: I just finished the Sweat Tour alongside my friend and Charlie xc X.
Speaker 4: Charlie XX finished the Sweat the Sweat Tour.
Speaker 3: They're on tour together.
Speaker 2: This the Sweat Tour. Is he dark?
Speaker 5: Is he lovely and brown?
Speaker 3: It's not. He's very pale. All right, You're on the right track though. It's a dude, and he's a singer, and he's pale, all right. Question Clue number four for two hundred dollars cash.
Speaker 2: I sampled the bag Raiders on my recent hit Something got mistarted, and I don't think I can stab it. Oh, baby, baby, it's beautiful. He's so beautiful.
Speaker 4: But I forgot his name or sugar.
Speaker 3: Already went down to clue number five for one hundred dollars cash, Sam Chrissy.
Speaker 2: Feel the rush addicted? Do you listen?
Speaker 4: I Dan say his songs all the time. He's beautiful, he's skinny, and he's good looking, and.
Speaker 3: He his name is not Jack Charles. His name's choice of Vane say choice of Vane one hundred dollars cash for you, Sam.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much.
Speaker 5: You don't know what it means to me today.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Sam. I'm going to send you some other things whatever I can find around here.
Speaker 3: You're the Price Farmacy voucher too.
Speaker 2: I love her.
Speaker 1: Chrissy Swan show.
Speaker 2: Let's go click.
Speaker 1: A Chrissy's Click.
Speaker 2: You know vand Pump Rules. The cast has become such a massive star stars they have, but it's easy to forget how they started. You had to remind me that they were just staff members at her restaurant.
Speaker 3: Literally, just want to be actors and actresses at sir. And then they were lucky enough to be working there when Lisa van der Pump put the cameras up, and then they became these massive stars. And if you don't watch vander Pump Rules, you would have heard of stand of Old Yes, and that comes from that show.
Speaker 2: Well that's where I made my entree into vander Punt Rules. But I mean, how do you feel about this? The entire cast has been scrapped. Everyone that you know and love gone, and she's going. Lisa vander Pump is the only remaining one. She's the Star shows and she's going back to the drawing board, going back to the kitchen and the way to start.
Speaker 3: Look, I'm sad because I loved the characters, but this needed to happen. Like the scandal Oal brought the show, There's nowhere else you could have gone with those characters.
Speaker 2: It came to an end, and they must be very happy with the way things went.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, I think some of them would probably be sad at the idea of not being on a show anymore. But a few of them swanny and this is for proper fans. There's a spin off already from vander Park Cross Rules called The Valley, and that's already sort of been going for a season. A few of them, so La La, Sheena and Tom Schwartz, they're going to move on to the Valley.
Speaker 2: Every time Lala is referred to, I just see one of the Telly Tubbies La La. Yeah, yeah, one of the Telly Tubbies is Lala. I think what's the Telly Tubby doing there?
Speaker 3: And our favorite James Kennedy, who gave us this quote, poop poo head both of you. Can you believe that he said that a grown man out of reunion, he'll be no longer sad.
Speaker 2: So he's gone as the end the end of JA and he doesn't have enough of star power to turn into something else.
Speaker 3: No, I think he'll just keep being a DJ trying to be a DJ. But yeah, that's about it. Hayes Wannie. I'm hijacking this final clickbait story because in a sweeping statement segment not long ago, you said that there's nothing you hate more than a riddle. Oh I hate So when I came across this headline this.
Speaker 2: Morning, I was like, no, you know that I'm low energy.
Speaker 3: I'm saving it from you, and I'm going to deliver this to you. The headline is baffling, riddle leaves people stumped, but the solution is right in front of you. So I'm going to deliver the riddle to you and see whether you can get it. The riddle is, there's a woman in a boat on a lake wearing a coat. If you want to know her name, it's in the riddle. I just wrote again, there's a woman in a boat on a lake wearing a coat. If you want to know her name, it's in the riddle. I just wrote.
Speaker 2: I hate you and I hate this.
Speaker 3: Like the answer is so annoying. Do you want to have one guess or no? No. There's a woman in a boat on a lake time. If you want to know her name, it's in the riddle. I just wrote her name. The answer to the riddle is Teresa. If you look at the first two words of the riddle and push them together, you get the woman's name, Teresa, albeit pronounced differently to theirs are.
Speaker 2: Oh god, if I had some buttons and I could turn you off.
Speaker 1: Yes, is the Chrissy Swan Show.
Speaker 3: Oh hey Swanny, good to have you back live with us.
Speaker 2: Yes, I am back. Had a couple of days off.
Speaker 3: Unwell, what did you do on the days off? Just bed rest?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I've just mainly a held space for the lyrics of defying gravity.
Speaker 3: Don't We're not going to try and make that a thing so good? Should we enjoy it? Just really quickly?
Speaker 8: Yes, this week people are taking the lyrics of defying gravity and really holding space with that, Yeah, and feeling power in that.
Speaker 6: I didn't know that that was happening.
Speaker 1: I've seen it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Yeah, that's really powerful. That's why I wanted. I don't know that was happening.
Speaker 2: See those conversations are why I can't ever go to like dinner parties or drinks or something, because if I find myself as the third person in that, I stay out loud. I've got to go.
Speaker 3: But that's like Connie, I have to go home. This is why I want you to go out more and people to see chaotic Crisy in those moments. But honestly, when does that press to her end? Sorry, when will that press to her end? Between Ariana and Cynthia.
Speaker 2: Oh like never, I've had enough?
Speaker 3: Now seriously, have We've got a massive hour? Next in Chrissy's quizzy. Stuffed inside the bum bag, not sure how we got inside the bum bag is a Frank Green holiday gift pack. Now, Swannie, you had to look at these last week. You've got a little exclusive because like.
Speaker 2: A lunch bag and a backpack.
Speaker 3: Seems more than just a drink bottle.
Speaker 1: The Chrissy Swan Show, The Chrissy Swan Show.
Speaker 2: I could be really annoying and said, you like that, look up super Tramp on your streamers. Okay, you're listening to the Christy Swans.
Speaker 3: No idea what you mean.
Speaker 2: But sample you know, one of those annoying months like oh you like that too?
Speaker 3: A lot about this.
Speaker 2: Let's give away a Bombero.
Speaker 5: Drain Greens you holiday collection has just arrived this week only get free standard shipping on orders over fifty dollars on an Olt Frank Green Dog on today you.
Speaker 3: Crissy's Quizzy.
Speaker 2: Well this is exciting because stuffed in the bum bag is more.
Speaker 3: Bags, more bags in the bum bags.
Speaker 2: My grain needs to call it. It's a bag of bags. It's a bag of bags. They're Frank Green. That is extraordinary. Guess what, Jack what I'm looking at an ancient document from Friday show of the Quizzy, which I'm not going to read.
Speaker 3: No, I think you should read today.
Speaker 2: I reckon Jay would be wonderful. And now I'm not throwing shade anyone. That is all my fault.
Speaker 3: Inside this Frank Green holiday gift pack is two drink bottles, a coffee cup, an iced coffee cup, stainless steel bowls, and a car cup holder.
Speaker 2: That is good?
Speaker 3: How good is that?
Speaker 2: Can I tell you? The car cup holders are great? They're really great because cvs don't fit in the in the car cups. You put the car cup holder in and bang, Bob's your uncle, you know, what I'm saying, Katie Kate.
Speaker 5: Oh, I agree, I'm all about it.
Speaker 2: I'm all about it too. Hey, wouldn't this be nice? Wouldn't it be nice? What would you do to Julana to win the bum bag and the green holiday gift pack? Oh?
Speaker 5: Not a lot.
Speaker 9: I'm in the middle of a hot, hot flush, but I will definitely try to answer some questions.
Speaker 2: Oh the Katy Perry menopause. I hear you all right, Jelena, are you ready?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 9: I am.
Speaker 3: That was That was amazing. I love Katie's I love Kate's honesty. The Jelena, what are you in the middle of right now?
Speaker 9: I've just pulled over into a car wash. So I just picked the kids up from school and now I'm getting all hot.
Speaker 2: Oh my god? Are you taking the kids through the car wash? They love that.
Speaker 5: No, I just needed to stop concentrate.
Speaker 8: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, let's go. You know how it works your names of your buzzes. Best of five means first person to get through ounces to create. My kids very old. They still love going through.
Speaker 3: A car wash. I love going through the car wash.
Speaker 2: A disco one that's opened at the end of my street. It's amazing.
Speaker 3: Does it play tunes? Okay? Oh, I need to go.
Speaker 2: It plays tunes and like flushing lights? Oh, like puff, it's amazing. Question number one higher cast from which American reality show? Yes, Jelayna correct, they've all been given the question number two. Cape York Peninsula is located where in Australia? Yes, Julna, Northern Territory. No, it is Queensland. I'll allow that.
Speaker 3: No, but you get you get one guess and then that's you're out.
Speaker 2: Well no, but Kate didn't come in and go Kate.
Speaker 3: No, but I'd already played the Red the buzzer. So unfortunately, it's currently one point to Julina and we're up to question number three. Let's go may give in you a hot flash.
Speaker 2: No, I am not. I am not going through those changes. I keep on getting tested to explain my terrible mood and Sames was when I was twenty one.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, Question number three.
Speaker 2: Fourteen years ago today, Taylor Swift released this song as the third single from Red. What's a Call?
Speaker 4: Do You Chilna? Cape?
Speaker 2: Yes, Julena trouble, Yes, come on and you got a little bit of it? Is it gonna plan on?
Speaker 3: The Cold Hot.
Speaker 2: Treboo Shaboo. What a song.
Speaker 3: It's technically I knew you were trouble, but I'm gonna give it to you. Julana, we've got Jelena on two points, Kate is yet to score. How's your hot flash going? Kate?
Speaker 5: Still there?
Speaker 6: Present?
Speaker 3: But your present question number four?
Speaker 2: What does the G stand in?
Speaker 3: Wait, let's just get the full question then, I'm.
Speaker 2: Sorry in three G four G five GNA Yes, Jelena generation yes, Wow, Jelaina really impressed with that.
Speaker 3: That's hectic. Jolina, You've just won a Frank Green holiday gift pack valued at three hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Congratulations.
Speaker 2: Kate, what you've got is just a you know, I'm gonna say something is to dried up old life. You know, lack yeah, lack of hormones. Get some barm or whatever. They give you a glass of wine.
Speaker 1: Cake asked the Christy Swan Show.
Speaker 2: I'm just reaching into my Bagra, you are what's in there? Never you mind you're listening to the Christyow. Now were you scouted to be a model?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: I remember these stories were oh that's my back rap. Oh, someone wanted to reach.
Speaker 3: In my Bagra was Eminem These stories.
Speaker 2: Were legendary in the eighties and nineties when supermodels were kind of found because there was a time when there wasn't, you know, agencies or modeling wasn't a thing. Yeah, so all of the huge supermodels were scouted. They were found that concerts, restaurants, working like I think Anada Cole Smith was working at a supermarket so she can show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that would be so fun if I lived in that era and I was hot, I'd just like walk around New York all day strutton hoping to be scouted.
Speaker 2: Apparently they didn't know that they were hot because they invented hot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, like.
Speaker 2: You know, they always I never understood all these supermodels going, oh I was so geeky and tall, and I was like a giraffe, and I'm like, oh.
Speaker 3: Boo, shut up, what a shame you look in there's mirrors, mate, you know you're hot.
Speaker 2: Anyway, all of them were found in very ordinary places. Thirteen twenty four ten Were you ever asked to be a model at a restaurant or somewhere? Because on Reddit, this girl says I was asked to model while I was eating at a restaurant. My husband is upset about it. I was eating at a sports bar today. Oh, oh, hard pass.
Speaker 3: I'm not a fan of the sports bar.
Speaker 2: Oh no. In fact, if your restaurant has a television in it, I will dine anywhere else. I will dine from a skip.
Speaker 3: No, yep, what about Okay, I understand a sports bar, but what about like my second home, for example, the Erica, a beautiful pub here in Melbourne. They have TVs. But they're nice TVs. They're not overbearing like you don't. They don't take away from.
Speaker 2: The I don't like a television in an establishment.
Speaker 3: Wow, you're not a pub gal then.
Speaker 2: No, not really No, I find it deeply depressing.
Speaker 3: I can't believe I didn't know this about.
Speaker 2: And they've normally got like greyhound races on them, which is equally depressed.
Speaker 3: I mean, when the greyhounds come on, you know it's time to go home. Let me tell you.
Speaker 2: Anyway, this girl, no judgment, was eating at a sports bar and one of the restaurant managers asked me to be in a photo shoot for social media. That's not really being scattered, is it. Anyway? They offered me and my husband a free meal and free drinks, and I said Okay, we wouldn't.
Speaker 3: You if you're trying to be a model.
Speaker 2: No, the husband was upset. What doesn't look good for me professionally, he says.
Speaker 3: If she's modeling.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, they took a photo of her holding two glasses of beer and then one of their servers holding me hold her in the air.
Speaker 3: What kind of scouting? What are they scouting for?
Speaker 2: Post was Christmas themed? So she's holding two beers in her hand, and then two of the servers from the pub are holding her over their shoulders. And he was dressed as Santa.
Speaker 3: Okay, so now we're not scouting for models here, we're scouting for like a sports bet campaign.
Speaker 2: Well, I think we're just scouting for Christmas steak and chip snut on a Friday night on one of those rolling things on the table.
Speaker 3: I was at the races about seven or eight years ago with a very good friend of mine who used to work here at Nover. I won't say her name, but you know who I'm talking about it, yes, And we were walking through and a woman came up to her and tried to scout her. She was gorgeous, still he's gorgeous, and she sort of had a little bit of small talk and a bit of banter, and she goes, anyway, I work for a plus sized model company called X y Z. We want to see if you'd like to come in into a shoot.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 3: And my friend was sort of taken aback because I I personally, because.
Speaker 2: The word plus size is demonized by everybody.
Speaker 3: But to put it in your pitch, maybe just say we want to scout you for a modeling campaign. To say it to her in front of people.
Speaker 2: That anything bigger than a size ten is plus size Jack, this is what it's like to be a woman.
Speaker 3: But I just think to do it in front of other people, just say, why don't just say modeling company? Oh?
Speaker 2: Is plus size a dirty word? Is it? No? But you can only say it in front of friends or privately.
Speaker 3: But this person was not Maybe I think she was a size ten.
Speaker 2: She's not a size ten?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: Can I tell you I was scouted stop restaurant. Yeah, so when I was fifteen young, I was out for dinner with my family and it was when plus size modeling had just become a thing. Okay, I would have been sixteen, okay, late eighties and a woman I can't remember her name approached me and said, you know, he's my car. Do you want to you know, do you want to do it? And I did do it when in my teen years, while my friends were, you know, busy flipping burgers at macas you were modeling, I was. I was looking over my glasses on a bike in the botanical gardens, making one hundred dollars an hour.
Speaker 3: I pic. I want to see those photos.
Speaker 2: They are so bad. Chrissy Swan show And have you ever been scouted at a restaurant? Or where are some other popular places people get scouted? Right? Clubs?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Or I feel like often at public events or at like corporate events because there's different people there.
Speaker 2: And people come up to you with a card and they say, hey, you never thought about modeling? And you go, oh, you're gonna take me away and kill me. I've watched way too many true crime.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're like Wendy Williams with the Killer. Oh it's the Killer. Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 2: Four ten. Have you ever been scouted? Hi, Michelle, Hey, Hey, what happened to your daughter?
Speaker 9: I was shopping as Annomen at Chadston and I get out of the city room and this woman is sitting there talking to her. I was standing there talking to her, and I thought it was going to be a scam, and she was telling me, I'm a model agent, scout, I'm really interesting your daughter coming in and doing some photos for us. And anyway, we end up following up and she got work out of it, like quite a bit of work.
Speaker 2: Isn't that great?
Speaker 3: That's awesome?
Speaker 9: With all of money too for a teenager.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, the hourly rate was ridiculous. Yeah, And what did your daughter? What was the conversation like on the way home.
Speaker 9: I was just asking her if if she thought it was a scam, I really did, but if she wanted to do it, and she was pretty excited about it. Actually, it's kind of like every teenage girls dream, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah? Because imagine how many like beers you've got a port to earn the same amount of money is.
Speaker 3: That I was earning like nine dollars twenty at subway or a general pants is a curee?
Speaker 2: How much is it per hour for a model? There'd be one hundred and fifty bucks, wouldn't it. No.
Speaker 9: I don't know about the hourly rate. It depends on the job. I think because she did some work where it was the day thing and it was like over a thousand bucks.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: Imagine that Priceline farmacy voucher for you. Michelle.
Speaker 4: Hi back, Oh hello, Hi?
Speaker 2: What happened to you? Where were you scouted?
Speaker 4: Okay, it wasn't to actually be a model. It was actually to be a door bitch or nightclub in town. This is going back in the It would have been late nineteen eighty, so it was a long time ago.
Speaker 2: So what does this say about your attitude?
Speaker 3: Back?
Speaker 9: Oh, I love it.
Speaker 4: No, I look back now, and you're oh god, we would. I would look at somebody if I didn't like his shirt or I didn't like her dress. I was terrible, like, no, you're not coming in, and I just think, oh my god, I will shut.
Speaker 2: A b that is Jack's job.
Speaker 4: No, I look back down and oh my god, I should.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then beg Did people beg you, like, oh come on please?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yes they will, but you just you just say stand in the line that you just wouldn't let them in, can you? Then eventually they.
Speaker 5: Would just leave.
Speaker 2: Can you remember the name of the night club?
Speaker 4: Oh god, it was on Burke Street. It was the top end. I can't remember the name of Melbourne. The Underground. Yeah, it was in Melbourne. It was the Undergrounds on King Street and it was just around the corner. I was on Burke Street.
Speaker 3: Like that.
Speaker 2: I can't I mean, I can't think I never left the house.
Speaker 3: Then pharmacy voucher for you back. That's fun though. Being scouted as a door bitch is fine.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't you love that.
Speaker 3: I'm really good friends with like the club I go to Electric Jane who runs the door, I'm mate with her, and I'm like, I like that coat tonight. It's given. You're not getting in. Let's finish with Jess. What you scouted to do.
Speaker 5: It's probably the most insulting modeling job you can do. But it was hand modeling.
Speaker 2: Where did somebody see your hand?
Speaker 5: I was a meeting with my father and I think I might have been picking my nose or something. But anyway, I was recruited and I was in commercials like for Gillette and stuff where I was rubbing guys' faces. Yeah, because it was so smooth while I was not shown my face and I was like, just how sun see.
Speaker 2: I don't think that that is that's a terrible thing. I think a beautiful set of hands is a wonderful thing.
Speaker 3: Take that back, Jess. That's a massive compliment. I appreciate good hands and good price like pharmacy voucher for you, Jess.
Speaker 1: The Chrissy Swan Show, Let's do this Chrissy's cliche.
Speaker 2: Ballet. Wendy Williams. I don't get too sad. She hasn't passed away. Wendy Williams. We're all dying, aren't we.
Speaker 3: We are.
Speaker 2: Wendy Williams is just an iconic American radio broadcaster and television host.
Speaker 3: The Wendy Williams Show was one of my favorite things to watch on YouTube when I was a teenager.
Speaker 2: She's just icon. She is the moment, and unfortunately she's been unwell for a long time and isn't getting better, And now we're never going to hear from her again, which we're sad about because we bloody love her and love her. You would know our obsession with Wendy Williams really started in earnest for me when she was dressed up as a statue of liberty and she got wonky and passed out. Yeah, but then she went on to do such other iconic things as but burping and farting at the same time.
Speaker 3: It's just a matter of time. She's not lonely. Good apologize, I apologize.
Speaker 2: That is the funniest.
Speaker 3: It's so funny.
Speaker 2: We just watched a great best of montage. It's the one thing that you and I could watch for hours.
Speaker 3: And still laugh. My favorite thing outside of the fainting is the way she would miss pronounce and misname singer.
Speaker 2: She always got the wrong artist.
Speaker 3: That singer Adriana Grande.
Speaker 2: She took my breath away.
Speaker 6: And Meghan the Trainer is another one going through it.
Speaker 3: See Megan, she's twenty five now, but she was only twenty when she signed her first I mean Megan Meghan.
Speaker 1: Huh, her name's yeah, you call.
Speaker 2: Her Dula Peper dulla people, I'm sorry, Doula Peeper. There was a real sneaky one at the front there, Adriana, one of our favorites.
Speaker 3: I didn't realize she actually hard until this has come out today that she actually had dementia.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and she's not that old.
Speaker 3: No, I think she's around she's sixty. That's really really the word that permanently incapacitated are awful, awful.
Speaker 2: And you know, remember there was that documentary that we saw was being made.
Speaker 3: I watched that and it was like, it's just too sad. Yeah, too sad. People around her just trying to make a buck yuck, and it was yet awful to.
Speaker 2: What So just remember her as she was correct. Now we're going to we're going to round out the show talking about Wicked again. Arianna and Cynthia ra A Revo were paid the same amount. There's been a lot of rumors going on that Arianna got paid more. That is absolutely not true. A Universal spokesperson says reports of pay disparity between Cynthia and Ariana are completely false and based on internet bodder. The women received equal pay for their work on Wicked, and I'm just going to take that and I'm going to add it accepting to the lyrics of Wicked, of defying gravity, which I'm just going to hold space or today it.
Speaker 3: Makes me cringe so bad, and it's going.
Speaker 2: To hold space for it.
Speaker 3: If you don't know what we're talking about there, jump on the Nova player up and listen to our podcast from today.
Speaker 2: You are going to be sick at the earnest cheesiness of this theme.
Speaker 3: I wonder what Joel Creasy thinks of it because he's such a wicked stand.
Speaker 2: Oh, he will definitely be holding space for the lyrics of defying gravity.
Speaker 3: Speaking of that regulates him and Joe next, have a beautiful night.
Speaker 2: The Chrissy Swan Show is a Nova podcast. For more great comedy shows like this, head to novapodcast dot com. Do you