Speaker 1: Hello, super Coaches, Welcome to the AFL Supercoach Show, your in and out guide to the greatest game on Earth AFL super Coach. We've got round twenty in the bag and round twenty to preview. Your regular host, James Clements is on leave, so hi Al Paydenham in the hosting chair today and I will be joined by three of the brightest super coach minds on this little blue marble we call planet Earth. I think that's how James normally does is the Phantom will be jumping on very soon to talk. Well, there's not too many bubble boys, but there's plenty to talk about. Still with the Fantom and in studio. This is a big day because back with us is Patch.
Speaker 2: Hello, welcome, good a. How are you. I'm good and very excited, very excited. Do you do you want to? Should I introduce him?
Speaker 3: You're introducing him now? I suppose that it's the host spoke job. Yes, sitting between us is.
Speaker 1: One of the great men of the fantasy world of super Coach fandom out there.
Speaker 3: Will know let Dog.
Speaker 1: As readers of Code Sports might know him from the byline on some articles you've been writing this year. But welcome for the first time to the official podcast in this form, but certainly not the first time sitting beside the great patch to record a Super Coach podcast.
Speaker 4: No, well, thank you for having me al And it is very weird having done like ten almost ten years with the podcast and never being in the same room as the man next day. So the first one we've done together in the same room, and it's for someone else, but it's for someone else. It's a very good podcast to be joining each other on.
Speaker 5: It's Oh, it's very nice to be able to see your face in the flesh and being able to hang out in person.
Speaker 4: And we can touch, we can touch. It's fantastic. We can kiss, we could and we will we will later at the end.
Speaker 3: Of describer only content can be up there.
Speaker 1: But if you're not familiar with the Great Jock Reynolds podcast, of course some pats with the merge there now sadly in the rear vision mirror. But some of the piney of Supercoach podcasting is these two gentlemen, of course, part of that great institution. So great to have you on board and just keep the flame alive a little bit for the great job community which is still out there still out there.
Speaker 4: Some of them have their own websites, most of them are on Twitter. It's great and I'm still in leagues with everyone that used to listen, so it's fantastic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's lovely.
Speaker 1: Remember this show is proudly brought to you by Supercoach Plus. Follow your Supercoach scores live on Game Day plus break evens projected scores, a great optimizer button. We'll get to that in a minute, and lots more. Check out the show notes to subscribe. As always, let's start with the rap and the heroes and villains from round twenty.
Speaker 3: Do you want to kick us off patch?
Speaker 1: I think if my Twitter scanning was accurate over the weekend, you use your final trade.
Speaker 5: I did use, so we'll start with the villain and the villain is sitting next to me. Hello, Lec Dog, Hello. So I used my final trade this week. I had to get rid of Zach Fisher out. The rule was if he was out out of a donut, he was out. Mckirschell was out as well, So two donuts, one trade.
Speaker 2: What's a going to do? Panic?
Speaker 5: Anyway, Fisher had to go because I hope, think, maybe pray that mckirsch will be back next week. I had Zach Fisher's four hundred and seventy odd one thousand dollars plus my big bank of five hundred dollars, and I turned to the person I always turned to an a crisis, being lack, and asked him what the hell I should do?
Speaker 2: Who do I bring in?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 5: Surely is just Jesse Hogan right? And turns out it wasn't. Jesse Hogan was the correct answer.
Speaker 2: Do you want to talk?
Speaker 3: Sogan scored ninety something on the weekend?
Speaker 2: Yeah, something like that.
Speaker 4: Make it on my field. I had him on the bench.
Speaker 5: So do you want to tell all the wonderful people at home who did end up coming in?
Speaker 4: Well, there was a lot of back and forth.
Speaker 2: There was a lot of back and forth.
Speaker 4: We've decided ultimately that having DPP mid forward cover would be best suited for your specific circumstances. I think that's still true.
Speaker 2: Yes, it is true.
Speaker 4: We had plenty of off like James Petling was thrown out. He scored one hundred and thirty three.
Speaker 5: Was he was your first option? And I pushed back saying he'll be the sub at some point. Still believe that because GWS don't like him, he ran over to Adam Kingsley Cat obviously, so he was out and we ended up.
Speaker 4: With Mason Wood.
Speaker 5: Naturally, very good year for the most part he's had. He's a very very good draft like very like left field draft selection, which is what is now your wheelhouse is where I live on that front. But yeah, it was just very funny that I had Mason Wood scoring sixty something as every other secular player turned up and touristened into shreds and yeah, so that he's my villain this week. I just need to shout out the inside Mids who managed to be the one of twenty seven guesses on Twitter who actually figured out that it was Mason Wood.
Speaker 2: Heroes Harry shecheesel with a VC was Chef's kiss.
Speaker 3: And score ranked do we talk about it?
Speaker 5: It was twenty and three hundred and something. But like I keep sliding backwards, I will continue sliding backwards in rank as long as I have Mason Wood in my side and with no more trades with slide and baby.
Speaker 1: And leg How did you go in round twenty and maybe a quick recap of your season so far?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I finally got into the top one percent for the year I've been. That's sort of my goal each year is to finish in the top one percent. So we've hit that with four trades and two hundred and something came in the bank, So feeling all right twy five hundred and seventy two on the weekend, and that's with some loopholing that didn't quite work. Hey, that's the risk you take with loop holing. My year's been pretty standard, to be honest, I always aim to sort of jump the ranks from the buyers onwards. Outside of round two and three, I never sideways any primo. So that's probably partly why I've kind of maintained my rank because I've just backed in Kristen Cherry and Brody Grundy all year and they've just kind of done their job. I had no interest in sidewaysing them when Grundy had a bit of perform at the start of the year. But yeah, outside of sideways, Like my first team for some reason had Alex with It in it at the end of round one and he scored twelve and was dropped, so he got axed. Mason Redmond got suspended and he got axed, and then the next week Haden Young went who in hindsight probably should have been a hold. But aside from that, I've just backed in, bought in primos when I felt like they would make money and score points. From that point logically that makes sense. Didn't trade out any primos all year, and generally outside a bond, just started guys that I thought that were a bit underpriced, and at this stage it's going pretty.
Speaker 3: Well and taking a big break in the middle of the year to go over there. He's headed that impact your possib.
Speaker 4: Positively because I either couldn't make trades and didn't have access or forgot about it, or I didn't have time to think about it. So I just made the first trades that have that came to heapmind and to be honest, aside for some greedy points chasing ones with trading in zeros, it's worked. So I've had Hogan on the bench, Kerno, Hogan and Kerno swapping on the bench in the fard line. I've had a board in guys like Walsh and Brashaw. I've had all year who's finally coming climbing good and he's probably my hero for the week, to be honest. One hundred and thirty seven from him, So, yeah, life's been pretty good lately, to be honest.
Speaker 5: Well, there's an interesting correlation that we found between like being on a podcast and also being in Europe that correlates very nicely the supercoach scoring.
Speaker 4: Yeah, history says between the two of us that if you go overseas and you stop worrying about supercoach, like worrying about podcasting and making your team run smoothly, it just can't of organize itself and you do really well. And then I did further into it and looked at my overall finishing position year on year, and every year I haven't done a podcast, I've been in the top one percent. Every year I have done a podcast, I finished about twenty five thousand. So I don't know what that tells you. Over it probably means I was overthinking some things.
Speaker 1: Maybe hopefully we don't have to bring you down by bringing you back on into the podcasting world. My quick wrap up of the weekend a little bit of a I've been sliding for a few weeks and sort of resurrected things a tiny bit on the weekend twenty five six A weeks good to get over the twenty five hundred, though there were some pretty big.
Speaker 3: Scores out there.
Speaker 1: Shot back up the rankings about forty spots to just outside the top five hundred. So I guess that's probably my goal if I can get back in the top five hundred. Over the last month.
Speaker 3: Give achieved your first goal going past the Phantom.
Speaker 2: Going past the Phantom.
Speaker 3: That was a little more hmgoing the other way to be honest, but.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm sure we'll bring that up when it comes on, which I think is the only reason you brought him one of the podcast this week.
Speaker 3: There's no rookies or anything, but you just needed to gloat. I think that's very fair.
Speaker 1: I brought in Tristan Cherry this week, played about two hundred and grand more for him than Nudileck, but still, finally that was a very good move put the VC on him, so absolutely wrap with one hundred and fifty one points first up from him. And that was my second last trade going into the week. I think I had I was going to get two or three doughnuts as well. I've still got Fisher, I've still got m Kircher, and neither of those guys obviously were playing. But I used the medico Optimizer to somehow I've got Billy Dowling from my midfield into my forward line, even though I couldn't figure out how to do that.
Speaker 3: But there's some magic going on there for.
Speaker 1: People who have super Coach Plus and can use Optimizer, And it got Billy down to cover for me in the forward line and brought in Humphreys a couple of weeks ago, paid about ninety grand more for him than most people did, but he provided some cover in the back line for mckirchie. So that's a sort of helped me scrape through this week. And then ideally those guys will be back and put the cover back on the bench. But all in all, not too bad a week.
Speaker 5: In shout out as well another hero for me, Tim Mitchell for trading out Jack Steele. Jack Steel is finally good again. We were speaking about correlations. Tim Mitchell no longer owning a player is great for their supercoach scoring.
Speaker 4: I feel like he's had a lot of trades that have been Jack Steel related.
Speaker 5: I feel like I see somehow gone through sixty trades. I don't know how, but he has.
Speaker 3: Was a film.
Speaker 1: I mean, there was just a few seventies scores. I mean, Luke Ryan's an interesting one. I guess with Alex Pierce out he maybe had to play a bit more key defense he did, but yeah, score is obviously no I near what he was doing in the first half of the year.
Speaker 3: So just the seventy five from him, I guess.
Speaker 1: Most people sort of around just in the ranks have him, so it's not killing you. But yeah, if you had someone else in that spot who was scoring over one hundred, like a Tom Stewart or someone.
Speaker 3: You'd be pretty happy.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, Now into the super coach news for the week, and I wouldn't say it's massive carnage that we've had in recent times, but we do have a couple of little things.
Speaker 3: And we need to be aware of.
Speaker 1: Jordan Ridley got subbed oubt in that famous Essenon game on Saturday. Practice match, just the thirty three points at that stage, and he's got a hip flexustrain and apparently will miss at least this week's game against Frio. So if you do have him, it's probably a trade at this stage of the year if you can facilitate that. There was a little bit of news from the Mrrow last night. A week for NAT five people anyone still has him a week for body yuland which probably not too many super coaches have him in their team, but it might be good news for Alex Sexton, who might be able to come back.
Speaker 3: In to replace him. Maybe maybe yeah, maybe I'm reading there's enough.
Speaker 5: Then maybe Matt five will challenge that one week at the tribunal as well, So maybe there's good luck for anyone that's got him.
Speaker 1: And the other one as I did mention Fisher and mccurchis, so mckirche was there with just general soreness.
Speaker 3: The general. We haven't actually had the General too often this year, but.
Speaker 5: Well no, because now injuries have names because people are a bit smarter, I guess. But when we started the part it was General Sowness.
Speaker 4: General Sawns was a way to hide concussions before that was well that, to be honest, it was.
Speaker 1: And then Zach Fisher we were worried to get dropped, and then he was out with a foot injury apparently.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think that might have been away disguised the fact that he'd been booted from the team.
Speaker 1: So yeah, we'll be a watch on those two guys. And then I guess Jordan Dawson missed a week with concussion and then curvis as well. You would think they'll be back this week. I guess they have to get through training and prove it there they're ready to go for this week. But yes, certainly Dawson will be has been on a few benches, so people will be happy.
Speaker 4: I'll see him back on the lower end of the scale because I think I'm the only owner in super Coach that has these two players. Zane True was injured in the first opening contest of that game, but apparently it's only whitlash, not a concussion. I don't know. And Joe Fonti I think his first name is Joe. He's on my bench and he's been covered for the last couple of weeks, but he didn't even get activated as a sub. So I'm filled with dread.
Speaker 2: You've been named the last few weeks here human being?
Speaker 4: Was he's a playing human being?
Speaker 2: He got last week?
Speaker 1: Who sub's not getting activated? What about the probably the unluckiest man in super Coach. You're obviously big Carlton man David Cunningham last week or was the sub never got activated? Scored zero Super Coach points this week? Started injured in his first contest of the game, subedubt with zero Super Coach points.
Speaker 4: Yes, unfortunately, that's what we've come to express expect from our friend David Cunningham. So I look forward to finding out what he's doing for a job next year.
Speaker 1: And on that note, we're going to jump straight over to South Australia to check in with the Phantom and now, as he does every week, dialing in from Parts Unknown, the Phantom joins us. Now, Fantom, I can't quite give you the introduction that James does every week, but great to have you on checking in.
Speaker 3: First of all, how did you go on the weekend? What's your rank?
Speaker 6: Looking like this is unbelievable. Our Peyton's gone back past me in the overall rankings, booted James off the podcast, taken the host chair. He's pretty up and about how to go on me. I did slide down the rankings. You know my ranking, so don't ask me that out. But an indifferent week in Supercoach. No terrible scores from me, but no big scores from my pods either. Very tight at the top end. I've still got my sights set on you. You might have a bit more wigoroom with your trades, but I reckon, I've got your covered now.
Speaker 1: Normally we have you on to talk about bubble boys and rookies, but we've finally done it.
Speaker 3: After twenty rounds. There's no bubble boys.
Speaker 1: Even normally every week you look at the most traded in players and people are finding cheapies room somewhere, but there's really none around it all this week. But one name that is on the trading list was a very popular rookie at the start of the season, and I know a fantom favorite, Maddi Roberts, South Australian product now bouncing back producing massive scores for the Sydney Swes. I'm sure when we get into some trade talk will bring his name up at three hundred and eighty K. But if you had a trade, you see someone you would consider this week.
Speaker 6: Lair Zone Maddie Roberts. So there was some doubters over there in Victoria, maybe one or two on this podcast and ex members of the podcast who doubted his stand for under eighty numbers. He played three games in his draft year. We banged home about one hundred and seventy five, one hundred and eighty eight and two hundred and forty yaries three totals as a June. He's always been a bull bang that he's shown that this year. Given the role across half back to start the year, he was a great early season cashcow and now he's really flourishing. I guess with more license to get the foot in three ninety k awkward price would be, you know, a weird trade. Really, if you look by we get to the end of the year, we look back and you've traded Matt Robertson ahead of round twenty one, would be a weird thing. But here's a proven score, a big, big pod. When I say proven, I mean we know he's a ball magnet. We know he's got a super coach friendly game. It's just about the opportunity at top level. And hopefully Horse does stick with him because he could bring him in. He's shown he's got the ceiling and these are the types of guys and trades you need to maybe win a league final.
Speaker 2: He was taking a lot of kickings on the weekend as well.
Speaker 5: I was watching that Woodog's game as I sprang at all around the swelling SCG. But the fact that he was taking them really consistently Jake Lloyd ESQ role. Perhaps, I mean.
Speaker 1: What was most impressive there was that the fandom just knew those samful under eight numbers straight up the top of he said, no preparation whatsoever there. But I mean the other name that we know, the Phantom and the Lea loves is Billy Dowling and surprised to see him pop up on the most traded out players this week second most traded out players, nearly two thousand people trading him out.
Speaker 3: What do you make of that.
Speaker 6: Interesting one? Well done to you out there. If you do have enough trays to maybe make an upgrade, and that's probably what you're doing there. You'd think six in the sixties for Billy Dowling. On the weekend, Hawthorne torched the Crows at Adelaide Oval. On Sunday, Billy did a few nice things again, working up and down the ground. No big forty point last quarter finish off unfortunately, But again, if you do have the trades, got some cash in the bank. Billy's made a lot of money now, so that's probably what you're doing. But otherwise, here's good cover. He's showing his good cover, reliable cover with the ability to throw in a ninety or one hundred. We saw him with the first super coach tun of his career a few weeks ago.
Speaker 4: So if you can get to.
Speaker 6: A premium, if you've got trades in cash, do it otherwise easy.
Speaker 1: Coverlet throw this question, how would you value cover for the last four rounds versus you know, just throwing it out there and trading in someone like a Billy Dowling if it can get you a hopefully at higher score on field.
Speaker 4: Well, if I'm trading Dowling, it's to get more cover. Last year, I sort of jumped up the ranks at the back end of the year because I had cover on each line. I think I'd George Hewart in the midfield and someone in the forward line. This year, I've got Charlie Kurno to cover forward line, and I'm looking at trading Dowling out this week to someone like an Ed Richards. Maybe two trades could get me basically anyone in the game. But looking at one trade Richards, and I think having that the person on the bench who can score is going to be more important than saving one trade for the last round or trying to bring in someone super cheap. So if you can't get from dowling up to a primo. I think you're whold Dowling, but if you can trade him, I agree with Fan, go for it.
Speaker 1: And yeah, DPP is just almost, isn't it for So you've got cover as crossed as many lines as possible.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I think that's why a guy like Ed Richards appeals to me, because you can cover both lines. There's probably more forward mid zeros in your team, so dowling does give you added value there than there are defensive mid zeros. But you know you can make it work. But dowling is important if you have no casual traits.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which is plenty of are in that situation.
Speaker 2: So did everyone turned to look at me?
Speaker 5: Love that big fan changing the topic very rapidly, Phantom, We're going to talk about leagues a fair bit because it's now all attention on league finals which kick off and for people that might not listen to the Phantom's Layer podcast. Might you be aware of You should, absolutely you should might be aware of how intense the Tizer office league can get. Do you want to give us a bit of a rundown of the high stakes over an Adelaide.
Speaker 6: Big business super coach over here in the Advertiser building. We used to have five tier competition. We're down to two tiers given numbers, but still very competitive promotion and relegation. If you do listen to the Lair Hipster Matt Turner's been down the bottom of the top tier in the Work League. Had to win on the weekend to survive relegation. Unfortunately he did win, so he won't be going down, He'll be staying up in the bottom tier two. We've got the new kids on the block in the Lair Phantom Junior as he likes to call himself. Another lowly week for him, which is great content for the Lair listen this week. We'll sure lead off and spend most of our time on Dossi's weekend. But he's in the finals up against Bear Bear Torius, other new member of the pod and two different strategies. Dos no trades left like me just hanging on till the end. Bears kept his trades. He's a league man. He's going to trade his way through the finals now. So if you've done that, well done, because it is important I know you get into these league finals. If you've got a couple of trades in the bank. You can use them on the weekend. You don't have to use them going into the round. See how your match up is going. If you start slow and need a big pod to finish off, or need someone different, or there's a laid out that your opponent can't cover, having one or two trades could be the difference between making it to the Grand Final or bowing out early. So there's a lot of different strategies around to do that. But well done if you've done that, and keep till it. You've got this far with trades in the bank. Don't burn them all now, of course if you want to get through to the next week, but they can be important.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, any questions for the fansom before we sign off, I'll.
Speaker 4: Just throw one random name at you that's in my head. And he hasn't done anything since returning, But is there a chance that Callum Mills returns to the form of old Well.
Speaker 6: We need to get Dan Batton back on the show because I think early on the year Dan might have started almost started with Calum here as we know he missed for weeks. I think Dan might have missed that, but low time on ground again for him on the weekend. We know he's arrested after one week nurse through again, you think that probably only increases to the finals. Now they can't get to the last week around twenty four and he's playing half a game. They needing to be playing a full game. So I don't mind it. These are the type of options like a Matt Roberts a little bit out there, a lot of risk involved, but again you have to take a risk some time to win it, So I don't mind it. I think you get this guy back on our historic podcast, Lick and Patch back together. It's going to be some.
Speaker 1: Show, absolutely, thank you Fantom, and will pencil Kellum Mills down. I know Patch's working on an article which people can keep an eye for coming up soon on Code Sports and all the platforms about players. We're just watching with one eye to twenty twenty five, and I reckon Callum Mills might be on that list.
Speaker 2: He will absolutely be under consideration.
Speaker 3: Very good news, Thank you Fansom. We'll talk next week.
Speaker 4: Enjoy guys.
Speaker 3: Thank you Phantom.
Speaker 1: Always great to hear where he is ranked, obviously, and some news out of South Australia on the hot topics this week. I'm going to start with leagues, which we touched on there with Fantom, because four weeks to go in the home and away season means it's finals time for most super coach head to head leagues.
Speaker 3: So do we switch.
Speaker 1: I'm certainly someone who's been paying most attention to rankings overall up until this point of the season, But do we need to change things around now and start looking at leagues who we're playing?
Speaker 3: Are we knock out finals?
Speaker 1: You know, how does this influence how we approach going into this weekend the next four weeks patch?
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, I mean very much. Now if you are switching into that mode, if you've you know, sliding down the ranks, you know I repentive hypothetically where you beyond saving from a rankings perspective, Yeah, like I will certainly be switching to the leagues, and you look at those matchups, figure out if you can v se someone that they don't have gives you that real edge. Whereas you know, if you both VC Bond and Peali and you know, both take the score, doesn't really give you any leeway. So if you can v see someone they don't have any final, that's good. You start prioritizing your leagues, picking like this is my cash league that I could win something from. I'll focus on this one and focus on the matchups there, and then you know there's other ones are may be less important, or you know I can win those, or I can't win that matchup, so I'm going to forget about it this week, and you just kind of, you know, case by case play it pretty strategically for those leagues, I think.
Speaker 1: Because you're sort of in a stronger position going into League four and as was that by design or it's just worked out that way.
Speaker 4: Well, I did say this year I was going to focus on leagues instead of overall, and I am on track to have my best overall finished since twenty fourteen, So I don't know if that teaches anything, but having trades heading in. If you do have trades, it's for particularly for must win matchups. It's you can either trade to mitigate okay, bring in a player that they do have so you don't have to worry about their POD, or you can do the opposite, which is what I always do, and just go for the biggest swing hopefully it returns something. This guy's only in two percent of teams and he scored one hundred and twenty last week. I'm bringing him in, but you can. It does help. If you have trades, you can be a bit more flexible and you don't have to cop the Zeros that might lose you that game, or.
Speaker 2: Worse, the mason Woods that might lose you that game.
Speaker 4: I'm tell it, he'll come good. You'll have three turns out of him before the year's over.
Speaker 2: I will hold you to that at gunpoint.
Speaker 1: And as Phantom said, you can play it, you know, really watching the scores over the weekend, tracking your matchups, and like you say, with captains or even you know, holding back those trades. You know, if Sunday comes around and you're two hundred point ahead, maybe you just stick the trade in the back pocket or you pick a safe captain, whereas if you're behind, you can roll the dice and do take a few more risks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I always, even though at the moment, I do my trades on Thursday and don't think about it again, or Friday whenever the locker just before final lockout. But with if you're playing to win a league, having that trade in the bank, even if it's one trade, if there's a laid out of a I don't know, Zach Butters is a laid out and you're able to pivot from him to Adam Trelaw. It could be the difference for your season. So I like to hold on now for the last four weeks as long as possible to pull the trigger on those trades.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: Just scanning my leagues, I did finish on top of the ladder in one league in the office. When playing Glenn McFarlane in a qualifying final this weekend and looking at his team, he's got a few handy pods that I don't have. So he's got just Jackson Clearish not just saying Claire, one of the great names from the past, but he's got Tim English in the RK, Delan Moore and Jeremy Cameron up Ford a bit of a pod who could go be or not depending on the given matchup on the weekend. But in the other main work league, I finished outside the top four and I'm in an elimination final playing the AFEL editor who's got a very strong team. He's got Whitfield, Hayden, Young, Dunkley Caldwell and he's also got Dilan Moore.
Speaker 3: So a few names it will keep me nervous this weekend.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I guess it's like you say, you've got to try and prioritize which one you're worrying about the most.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, And if we are able to make trades like and you're in this fortuitous position, so maybe we just throw to you on this one.
Speaker 2: How many trades do you have leg for those playing along at home?
Speaker 4: I have four, and in the last three weeks, I've traded in two zeros intentionally, so I had eight as of you two weeks ago, old man.
Speaker 3: And I've got one.
Speaker 1: So I think we're in slightly different positions because really I don't want to use that trade, even looking at leagues, and you know, maybe if I was going to get knocked out in the first week, I might get desperate on Sunday. But I'm really holding that back into I did consider using it last week, and you know, Jack Sinkley was someone I really would have loved to get in, but I just would have left me potentially exposed with no cover on the bench, and I had enough bench players to at least not get a zero this week, So I thought I'll just ride it for another week. Maybe if it gets down to two or even three weeks left, the calculation changes slowly, but when you have four you definitely can afford to be doing some things. So who would you potentially be looking at this weekend? I mean we mentioned with the Phantom Matt Roberts is one of the form players of the Company's only three hundred and eighty K, and there's some some cheaper guys out there, but money's probably not so much an issue in your position.
Speaker 3: Would two hundred game to be?
Speaker 4: Yes? If I make two trades, I can buy anyone in the game. If I make one trade, I think Ed Richards, as I mentioned to Phantom is probably my target. But Caleb's wrong as someone I haven't had this year. I know he's a popular selection, but I've just he's never I've never had him. I know some people jumped off when he had a bit of a down patch, but came back another one to eleven on the week. I think he won the medal as well. He's five point fifty K, which.
Speaker 3: Is third medal.
Speaker 4: I think, yeah, well, yeah, that's a third medal in that matchup, right, So seventy K cheaper than he was at the start of the year. Freemantle or on fire, and I think they're relatively good in terms of when their games land.
Speaker 2: So hats on the weekend as well.
Speaker 4: Oh is that the matchup this week?
Speaker 2: Matchup?
Speaker 4: I highly recommend anyone from Freemantle this.
Speaker 2: Week and Chamswrakowski get on.
Speaker 1: You mentioned the Dogs, I mean Richards and Trelaw of two names that have been touched on. They have potentially the best run home for midfielders. When we saw they just blew Sydney away, but then they've got Melbourne midfield, you be decimated at the moment. Adelaide doesn't have the strongest midfield and North GW we also to be tougher in.
Speaker 3: The final round.
Speaker 1: But given that and you've got plenty in the bank, I mean, would you just go straight for Tillay?
Speaker 3: You look at you like a pot.
Speaker 1: I think he's only in about five percent of team still despite averaging near one hundred and twenty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no season. I do like him. He's a delicious selection. My issue with him is that everyone in my midfield and mid only, so I'm really looking for either a mid ford but probably a mid defender so that I can sort of cover decos and maybe probably turn Max Holmes into my bench player rather than have him on field. So because he's a little bit down on form at the moment, Trellaw is a great selection. He's just limited in that in a super coach sense and that he can only play midfield, and I think that means I'm playing Walsh or Tom Green on the bench every week, and I feel like there's more value in finding a DPP for me personally. Highly recommend for a Law as a selection if you can, if you can get to.
Speaker 1: Him, Yeah, absolutely, any other names that you like this week, it's just in the hypothetical.
Speaker 5: World that you get in a wonderful world where I had trades, I haven't. I would a shocking learn. I haven't really thought about it all that much this week.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean, if you need someone really cheap, like you mentioned before, James Petling, that big James Petling fan, he got a right up in the tackle. Robo pointed him out as playing his best game. Surely the Giants now after that, don't pull him back in. He's in that rounded k price bracket. If you've got a bit a spare cash laying around and you've got someone like Nathan Krueger on your bench, I would be heavily considering like a James Peteling.
Speaker 1: Or basically when he plays, he scores, and that's whether it's in the VFL or Yeah, AFL is just staying in the team and not being the sub with you only, I.
Speaker 4: Do have a sneaking suspicion he's out of contract, and there's obviously talk about Harry Perriman leaving, and since he's come back, he's basically been in the midfield in the guts, so I feel like they might be like going, no, please, don't leave. I think they might be kind of convincing him to stay at the moment, so that encourages me for him as a selection.
Speaker 1: And the other name you mentioned earlier too in your team already is Andrew Brashaw really coming good when and Freo have a nice matchup this week.
Speaker 3: As you mentioned some of the Freer players.
Speaker 1: The wrong picking up a little bit lately, but obviously Luke Ryan, you know know, any of the scores he was earlier in the year.
Speaker 3: But yeah, brace was really really coming good at the right time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So when I picked my starting team, because Brashaw was in it at the start, I try to pick guys who. I think at the end of the year they are total points, they'll be in the top twenty ish. Right now, he's twenty fourth for total points across all positions. He's had one hundred and thirty seven the last two weeks I believe, or two of the last three weeks three round average of one hundred and twenty five basically, so he's certainly coming good at the right time. If you can afford him, grab him.
Speaker 5: I do actually have a pod only there was one sliding around in the back of my head. If you're looking for a midfield up. Mid only is a bit annoying, as you've just mentioned. But Tim Kelly is coming off one O six ninety seven one thirty nine against Frio in the Derby, has Gold Coast, North Melbourne, Carlton and Geelong on the run home three of those sides. I would back him in to score a bunch of points in.
Speaker 3: The midfield that expensive.
Speaker 5: I don't think he is five hundred and seven thousand dollars four hundred so I think that's very good value for someone in the midfield who has the capability to do you know, an average of one fifteen of those last couple of games and is in no side whatsoever he is in.
Speaker 4: He hasn't even picked himself.
Speaker 2: He maybe not.
Speaker 5: Let me find how many teams he is in. He's in one thousand, one hundred and eleven teams, so maybe you could be oney one hundred and twelve.
Speaker 1: We're speaking of low ownership and another night I'll just throw out there. You know, you'd have to be pretty brave to pick him in the four line. Sharman looked up in the top sorry to elect special, in the top ten percent. He's owned by one player.
Speaker 4: And that's not just sure, it's not you.
Speaker 5: No, it's not in credits for the backstory lect Dog and I own a keeper league where you do need to play keep position players. And we'll probably touch on this a bit more on a second, but you own every single sin killed to forward. That's not Max Kins, not Max King. Yeah, so you own all the bad ones.
Speaker 4: Well, not Cooperman the greatest player of all.
Speaker 5: Cooper Coleman Sharman, that's what they'll call him. Atter he wins five in a row.
Speaker 1: He's actually i mean one nine on the weekend, but he did score eighty two and eighty eight before that, so it wasn't No, he's totally out of knowing.
Speaker 4: It's been reasonable three.
Speaker 3: Forty two K. But that is a brilliant segue.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Patch, because any want to talk a little bit of Super Coach Draft with Like we mentioned earlier, has been writing some articles, great articles for Code Sports during the season, pointing out some of the best waiver wire targets for your Super Coach Draft league. So we don't talk about draft really enough on this show, but obviously that's something that you guys love and know a lot about it, probably.
Speaker 3: More than me, to be honest, because I really focus on the classic game.
Speaker 1: So can you give us the two minute to sell on what's so great about Super Coach Draft and what's happening in those leagues at this time of year?
Speaker 4: Yes? So well, at the moment, it's in finals for Super Coach Draft for all formats, basically Supercoach Draft. It's different to Super Coach Classic. There's no salary cap. It's just pick your players in a draft format, believe it or not, and that's the team you get. And you can drop players at the wave of wire, pick them up through the year, trade team to team. But the beauty of it is that everyone's team is different because a player can only be selected once, so you can't you don't end up with everyone having I don't know, Sam Flanders, Yeah, Sam Planners or micros sponsoraneity because he can only be selected once. And it does let you find guys like James Petling or Cooper Shaman or guys like that off the wave of wire because you're looking because all of the good players in quotation have been selected in the draft. So you've got to really watch form, look at upcoming oppositions, look at historical averages. You know who averages well against the upcoming opponents. You kind of got to make decisions based on limited information, and you tend to find gems every now and then. And I've been putting together a few articles for Code Sports. One that just came out last week was sort of guys that you should target towards the end of the year, and we can go through a couple of those names because a few of them fired on the weekend. But right now, in draft world, if you're in a redraft league, which is just your draft for this season this season only you're in finals or you've been kicked out of finals, and you can start worrying about who you're targeting next year, and if you're in a keeper league or a dynasty league, this is the part of the year where you're sort of assessing who you might want to keep moving into next season, or who you might want to put up for sale or trade to other players and for draft picks and all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 3: Would you want to just pick out a couple of those names.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So there was a few that sort of stood up on the w week and that I liked. Jaden Hunt was one that wasn't massively owned. I think he scored about ninety six. From Stephen May and jud mcavay both scored reasonably well as well. For Stephen may's a lot more highly owned than McVeigh, but you kind of got to find the guys who are owned. I think McVay scored eighty. And then the one that I really liked and was really hot on was Connor McDonald from Hawthorne, who I believe he got well over the ton on the weekend and he's someone that I would be targeting for his run home because their opposition tend to give up points to sort of those forward midfield he kind of players, but also for if you're in a keeper league or a dynasty league, he's someone you should be trying to get your hands on because I think he's pretty close to exploding next year.
Speaker 5: So a keeper league and dynasty leagues for those that haven't heard of those, like we're on obviously a couple together. I'm a huge fan of them. Do you want to give the spiel on what those leagues are and wanting towers in terms of you know, keeping players year to year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sure. So a keeper league generally you'll keep or it depends you can set it up, but at the end of the season, a lot of keeper leagues, you keep half of your team and then you redraft the other half next next year. So you'll keep your best fifteen or your best ten players, and then you'll draft ten more next year. A dynasty generally is it requires a lot of Excel spreadsheets, but keeping an entire list of AFL players. So we are in one with like forty six players on each list. So you have players who are rookie list category B players who you're hoping just get that contract extension, and then you have guys as good as much as bonspelling your team. Generally dynasty, you keep everyone and you have draft picks, and generally keepers, you don't keep your entire team, but you keep a portion of it for the next year then draft again.
Speaker 1: I'm assuming those You know, if you're in a keeper league, that obviously changes the values of players, and you know, how do you trying to weigh that up whether you obviously you know something like a Harry Sheesel, you know, you right at the top of the list because it be so good for so long. But then yeah, when you're looking at new guys coming in, how are you weighing up you know some first year players like I don't know McCall of a Richmond versus you know, some of these other mid tier type of guys that you're talking about it with scoring points now.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, and now this is the time of the year where a lot of people will make the plays for you know, if you've if you're a finalist and you've got a Cane Mccaaloff on your lift list and someone comes calling and says, hey, I've got this Travis Boke who will be good for maybe four more games, maybe he goes around again next year, but he's largely the sub you know, as from a long term super coach value proposition worth not a lot aside from the next four weeks, or someone like a Mark Pittnette who you've spoken up a lot. You can then you know, go go to market and try and drag out some of these younger guys who you know, maybe they've got a lot of potential, they haven't shown it. You get to do some really fun horse trading and then you know, throwing in draft picks as well, where you know, you give me a third round pick as well. It really does kind of simulate trade week, but you just kind of get to do it with you know, imaginary versions of footballers, which can be a lot of fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a lot of fun that deciding am I going to go for the flag this year? But it's going to cost me my first Like whoever I drafted in the first round last year? Can I stomach that? And historically I say yes, I can stomach that. However, it's only worked once. But that's that's the fun of it.
Speaker 1: And it's really that real list management isn't by the sound of it, that you're trying to You need to know where your list is at, Like, you know, are you aiming for a flag now or maybe in three years, and.
Speaker 3: That would dictate your strategy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, Like I went through the big Rebeld where I sold off, I took over the team, sold off everyone had five top ten draft picks, and drafted row Sarong, Jackson Green, and then sold off one of the other picks for later picks. And yeah, you can like go hard at the rebuild and bottom out and crash, or you can kind of try and do what let does and kind of stagger it and make sure you're fielding aside the whole way through. And yeah, I know it's kind of very interesting and very fun and we'll dynamic mech As opposed to everyone having the same.
Speaker 4: Players, well, I mean it's ended up with guys like in my personal team, James Petling, Cooper Sharm and Matt Welfie. There are like some of my better players because just because they play games. And as a result, every year I finish about eighth, So I'm a really middling team. But I'm okay with it because it's fun and I get to watch Matt gwelf you play.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you get late in depth discussions about how much Matt Kennedy is worth at the trade table exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I mean yeah, I mean one of the things I love about too, because it's just, you know, it gives you a lot more reason to watch games over the weekend, a lot more investment in you know, you're watching Frero a g WUS play, but yeah, this time a lot of you know, looking at those pods in some of those finals matchups. You know, watching Freo, everyone's you know that I'm Playing's got Ryan and then well, what's.
Speaker 5: The wrong You might have five players that are different, Yeah, in in a final this weekend.
Speaker 1: But yeah, that's we got draft it's and yeah, the value of an eighty point performance suddenly is worth a hell of a lot more.
Speaker 5: And that The one thing we haven't mentioned that's one of the big draw cards for draft is draft day itself. You talk about draft day if you're doing just a redrafts, you're doing your pick your team, that's your team for the year.
Speaker 2: End of the year.
Speaker 5: You know, next season you're picking an entirely different team. Draft Day is the day of the year. It's Christmas.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it is. It's exactly that. It's Christmas. So we have a draft, we get together, we supply barbecued foods, American barbecued foods and beers and soft drinks, and.
Speaker 5: We put Draft Day or Moneyball on in the background.
Speaker 4: Yes, or most of the time both both. We've got a big on the sheet on the wall where we have everyone's name their draft picks, and then they have to as they're selecting, they have to go up write the name on the board and while everyone's watching and so like, it's very dramatic when you reveal who the first selection of the draft is going to be. And it's just a lot of fun and it's a great way to get together and it kind of obviously you've done a bit of research leading up to that, but for us it kind of kicks off the super coach season.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, you know you play around hypothetically with Classic whenever Team Picker opens it. Yeah, once you start doing your first draft, that's that's when it's footy season.
Speaker 4: I'll say this, I think if you're if you're a draft enthusiast, and particularly in deep league drafts where you've got a lot of players on your list, I tend to reckon you find you do better in terms of finding rookies or cash cows in Classic because you kind of done the research, like the way Phantom knows Maddie Roberts stats from juniors. You kind of have to know that if you're drafting, particularly in a keeper league or a dynasty league, you have to know what the young players do and where they might fit into their teams. So it does give you a little bit of a leg up in that in that sense, I find.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this week I'm looking at you know, someone like a Peeling or Keeper Sharman have just suddenly popped up on the radar for Classic, but you're all over them because you've been watching them closely for draft this whole time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they've featured in a few Code Sport articles over the journey.
Speaker 5: Subscribe if somebody wants to get into Supercoach Draft. Obviously the Supercoach platform doesn't really have the capacity to do the dynasty leagues, but obviously reading some of your stuff at the start of the year and you'll do stuff over summer, hopefully talking about where to get started. But for somebody that's interested and wants to know more, like what's the how would you go about starting a new draft from scratch?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well, the first thing I'd do is just find a few friends who are interested. Keep it simple for the first first year, get ten people together, let's call it ten people, and just have a basic we're you going to do a draft just for this year. Whatever it is five defenders, five mids, five forwards and a ruck or whatever the numbers and end up being, and just have a crack. Then you can practice on the super coach platform there is in the preseason. There's like practice drafts, mock drafts you can join. There's also open leagues you can just join if you want to. There's always message boards and stuff and social media as well. There's always people looking for draft leaks. But just have a crack. Basically, it's a lot of fun and I get way more out of enjoyment out of it or for filment out of it than classic classics fun and it's always been there, but it probably doesn't require the depth frustrating research this draft.
Speaker 5: You don't need to know you know, six hundred of the eight hundred players on AFL list. You just need to know maybe you know in one hundred of them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't need to know. Isaac Keel is kicking two goals a week for Saint Kilda's VFL. You do not know for Supercoach Classic.
Speaker 5: I don't need to be tracking Cane Baldwin's injury each and every week on the Esendon injury list.
Speaker 4: Ryan Gardner doesn't feature much prominence in Coach Classic. But yeah, so it's just a lot of fun. So if you're out there play Supercoach Draft, there's going to be plenty of resources next year, I hope. So there will be plenty of resources next year to teach you how to play.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, it's a mission for me for next year is definitely to get more into it, even for no other reason that I can understand what's going on when someone wanders around to Patch in the office and says, come on, you've got to give me two future picks for Tom McDonald.
Speaker 3: And I'm not sure what that was going on.
Speaker 2: No, neither do I.
Speaker 5: Tom McDonald's not worth much so anyway, Yeah, no, it is great fun, big fan, and I'm hoping that we'll be able to do some more content around it next year as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah hopefully.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is the plan. So there's a wrap quick prime BEFO. We're on Super Coach Strift. We better get into the last few segments for the show, starting with Stats with Our, which is normally where James throws to l who is me?
Speaker 3: So, oh yeah, it's.
Speaker 2: Time for stats with Al with al Al, do you have any stats for us?
Speaker 3: I do have some, says thank you, Patch. I touched on it earlier.
Speaker 1: Alex Sexton kicked five goals in the VFL scored one hundred and forty two super Coach points. So if you've got him on the bench as a but he a chance he could come back in what position?
Speaker 2: Was he playing?
Speaker 3: Well, he kicked five goals, so he probably fought.
Speaker 2: But he then comes in as a defender, you reckon? Or does he Well?
Speaker 1: I think he played forward and a bit of wing last time he was in it, So I mean it's kind of a positive that he can play anywhere, but I guess you'd rather be playing defense if he's in your.
Speaker 2: Super Coach team. Does he does his flexibility mean he might come back the sub.
Speaker 1: Yes, possibly, But I mean if he comes back and Fisher comes back, all of a sudden, you've got this forward defense swing back again.
Speaker 3: Which is that looks great for me?
Speaker 1: About three or four weeks ago and then it all sort of went out the window, but just quickly scanning some of the supercoach numbers from the VFL and the second tier leagues. You can see all of these on a Code Sports as of I think tomorrow morning. But a few other bench players who did pretty well Joe Clark, Bruce Revel, Hugo Ghusslie all scored over one hundred, so as a chance we might see a few of them back in the selection mix, which could be handy if you're just looking for some more warm bodies going into the finals. And another name that bobbed up scoring a season high ninety three super coach points in the waffle Cohen Livingston, which throw the cat amongst the pigeons.
Speaker 3: If he came in for a debut.
Speaker 2: That would be a wild term events, so.
Speaker 3: Just would't to keep it on. I think Matt Flyinn scored abou one hundred and fifty, so you'd think.
Speaker 2: He might be in first.
Speaker 1: Yes, maybe it's three goals for Cohen, so just keep an eye out for that one. So onto quick fire around we'll try and actually keep this quick. We haven't done very good job of this all year of actually making this quick fire. But ask both of you, gentlemen, yes or no, could you if you had trades like the great leg although you've got some money in the bank so you probably don't need to be Could you potentially consider trading Luke Ryan in the form and roll that he's in at the moment legally?
Speaker 5: Yes, I mean yeah, he's in a bad role. He's in everyone's team. Would be a great non pod for as long as Alex Pears is out. Yes, I don' get ever while boy, yeah, well his armies in a big cast, so that's probably a decent indication to be out for a while.
Speaker 4: Yep, yes, you can trade him, but if you don't have cash, the options, I would say, are relatively limited, so it's you basically got to go up from him for it to be a value prospect.
Speaker 3: In my eyes, how much money is he lost?
Speaker 4: What he's about? What is he five twenty four? Kow?
Speaker 3: It was like seven hundred grand?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yes, yes he was when I got him, and over the last five rounds he's averaging what ninety seven which isn't a lot for a defender, but.
Speaker 2: Is Lucky Whitfield worthy.
Speaker 4: Whitfield is five hundred and ninety seven thousand. Good Lord got him at sub five hundred I believe.
Speaker 2: I was very tempted, but Tim talked me out of it. Thanks Tim.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 5: When Tim traded him out of him, it was Yeah, that was part of the reason why I was considering trading.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the issue with him is that everyone who's informed basically costs more money.
Speaker 6: Then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you need some cash in the bank. Maybe you could trade out a billy dealing to free up some money next year. We'll go through a lot more of these, maybe over the next few weeks. But just one name off the top of my head, Tom Green, would you be starting him next year based on.
Speaker 2: Now, I'll consider it. Yep.
Speaker 5: We're saying that he can be a fantasy black, a super coach beast when he gets going. If he looks like he might get going, then I will probably start him.
Speaker 4: No, I'm not starting him. He he scored five of the week I traded him in and since, and he's averaged about one hundred, So I'm not interested. It's all right, My gut was right.
Speaker 5: But if you ignore all of his bad scores, he averages one hundred and fifty.
Speaker 4: That's true. That is true, that's maths.
Speaker 5: I believe that is mass Thus talking like a draft like used castles. When to sell someone in a draft league to someone who know all these bad scores.
Speaker 2: He's really good.
Speaker 4: No, I think I think we're going to have plenty of value next year, and I don't think he's going to be providing it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, mid only does hurt. Yeah, anyway, Yes.
Speaker 1: Talking about keeper leagues and draft leagues, if you had to pick one of Nick Dacos or Harry Shecheezel, Oh, could you choose between them?
Speaker 4: It's win win to be honest, is Nick Dakos going to retain deep?
Speaker 1: Well, that's kind of the next part of the question. Yeah, would you pick Daikos if he's a mid only? Would you pick Cheesel if he's a mid only? In Classic?
Speaker 5: Based on Yeah, I think I would for on both counts.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 5: Maybe just go with Dekos just ahead. But gee whiz, I'd be very happy with either of them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's a lot of moving parts in the north Side, so I need to know Shecheezel's role. I think Dakos is a safer bed. We saw on the weekend what he can do in both contested and uncontested. But I love it when a DPP or a player changes into mid only because they become an instant pod, so she has a defense. Everyone would pick him. Comes amid, everyone goes ah. I don't really know about his role, but he'll be in a lot less teams and he'll be very, very interesting.
Speaker 5: From a long term keeper perspective. The slight worry is because she's had such a highly tattered junior prospect as a forward and if they know these mids do develop for North Melbourne, maybe he becomes like the reverse Iszacini and becomes more of a forward and where he could be a fantastic player but not as supercut relevant. So I think that's the only thing that could tilt it. Also probably not going to happen. It was incredible and I.
Speaker 4: Think three goals against the Blues and looked pretty good.
Speaker 5: But yes, yeah, I think he's I think he's.
Speaker 1: Thinking differently when you're talking about the long term keeper leagues. What's he going to be doing in five years if obviously you're playing a fee bit for him now. And random question, just to finish off enjoying the Olympics, what have you got a favorite sport?
Speaker 3: Maybe one of the more off Broadway.
Speaker 2: I'll give me competitions, give me some European handball.
Speaker 3: That's what I had down. I love the European it.
Speaker 2: Was so good.
Speaker 5: I think we were talking about this in the office in the day. It's just I love it. It's fantastic, bizarre sport. I adore it.
Speaker 4: A breakdancing obviously at the top of my list.
Speaker 2: I mean you are obviously an amateur breakdancer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think you do enough Google searching, you'll find me doing some breakdancing on the internet for sure.
Speaker 5: You just got to sort through all the breakdown videos from the breakdancing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that was intentional, all right, that wasn't it.
Speaker 1: It was expecting back to super coach. Can we pick a captain this weekend? Obviously it was massive last weekend if you got a cheesel or if you've got a cherry versus people. We were relying on a bond and then we had obviously Dacas went pretty big as well. But seeing anyone we like this weekend, actually think it's pretty tough, partially because for some bizarre reason, maybe Olympics related, the AFL has scheduled two matches on Friday night, including West Coast versus Gold Coo. So our friend Cohen Livingston if he doesn't make the team popular loophole. But he'll be playing on Friday, so that does, yeah, make things a bit more tricky.
Speaker 5: Good thing, I've got six other guys show are not playing. Yeah, that does throw the spanner in the works a little bit. I mean the bondsibous one that stands out, or any of those Bulldogs players or Max Gorn on Friday, if you had a law or oh if you've got Trelaw, absolutely slap it on him, that would be. Yeah, that'd be my shout. I'm looking at Harry Cheezel against Richmond.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think that's that's the one that really stands out. I mean midfielder's end sort of. Half backs have both scored extremely well against Richmond this year, including Deekos as we saw on the weekend, and they decided not to tag him for a quarter and that didn't go so well, and then sort of had a bit of a Liam Baker a bit of seth gamble running around with him. Slowed him down a signy bit. But yeah, I'd still back in Harry. Sheees to go pretty well and even you know an LDU type or of mkirche comes back should score well as well.
Speaker 4: Yep, yeah, I think Bonds the obvious one, except I have a rule that I won't VC on the first night of the round. I don't know why that's the rule.
Speaker 2: I don't understand it.
Speaker 4: I also have a set of rules I apply my captaincy and vice seventy two. He's the only one that actually passes those rules this week. But my other option, my slight pottish option, is probably Tom Stewart, who won thirty four, ninety nine and one seventy four in his last three against Adelaide. The one thirty four was from this year, so a bit, and he seems to be back in form at the cost of Max Holmes.
Speaker 3: It looks like midfield.
Speaker 2: I mean's Sam Flanders on a Friday night.
Speaker 1: Well, I was going to ask about him, your favorite that we forget to mention every week, but I mean, coming off of one thirty, yeah, plays.
Speaker 5: The Eagles coming off of one forty, well, please our disrespect to our Lord and savior, Sam Flanders.
Speaker 4: He still hasn't dropped below one hundred this year, still low one hundred. That's remarkable, incredible, that's remarkable.
Speaker 5: So I think it'll be at Flanders into Sheeesel situation for me, but also if you've got to bra sure us a wrong, yeah, I don't.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to elaborate, but you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I mean the other team that gives up points to defenders is some Kilda. I've got a reputation for that. And you've got Dane zorco playing on Sunday the Saints in some decent form at the moment, so maybe that doesn't quite apply. But yeah, that's been been a sort of a long standing thing in Super Coach. And the only other one I'd keep in mind is Tristan Cherry was obviously massive on the weekend. If Nank doesn't get up, he'll be racking against you know, a combination of Samson Ryan and Noah Bolter and Jacob Kaski. So you think you'd probably go right as well, you'd think so. Now, I looked up the head to head prediction last week and I in my memory this was definitely me backing in Harry Sheesel versus James's Nick Dekos.
Speaker 2: Allow its exactly.
Speaker 3: Let's just go with that.
Speaker 5: Anyone who objects, please raise their hand. No objections, all.
Speaker 1: Right, chect the tape and it didn't exactly say, Harry Sheesel, but that's I'm certain that's what it was.
Speaker 3: So we'll we'll run, we'll call.
Speaker 5: It, we'll call it a win to you and James can mail in his objections from Noosera wherever he is.
Speaker 3: Good, good plan.
Speaker 1: So I don't actually have one down for this week and James is in here, so do we just call it a four.
Speaker 4: Foot potentially yeah, football club versus Harry Sheesel's score.
Speaker 2: Harry Chesel, I'm backing in the shees there.
Speaker 1: And the last topic on the rundown is Monday moves. But this is going to be a very short segment to anything for you.
Speaker 5: That I will be playing with some DPPs and swings.
Speaker 1: I mean looking at those order of games quickly. Is there any much loopholing we can do? Obviously, as you said, you've got a few zero so it gives you some options. Hopefully I can loot mason Wood and Kolby mcirtchhill. Please somebody else talk.
Speaker 2: Begging.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've just got the one trade. I don't want to use it, so probably no trades for me this weekend, but like you will be well weariously.
Speaker 4: Through are you trading as discussed earlier. It's it's a decision if I use what twenty five percent of my remaining trades or fifty percent. If it's twenty five percent, dowling, the riches is locked in. If it's fifty percent, it's going to be dowling to a Sinclare who was also defense mid eligible bit Pottish scoring relatively well, and it allows me to probably fix up one dead rookie in the back line.
Speaker 3: I like it, yeah, and simply as a great run home.
Speaker 1: I think you were playing every game at Marble from here on in, so I mean as Wane Miller for another if you want more of an even more potty pod, I like it.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 4: The only sure I have is I keep choosing. I keep loopholing all these big scores and choosing the wrong one, like taking Hogan's one fourteen last week and Kerno's one nineteen this week. Actually lost fifty points both times. So I just you know, you never know.
Speaker 2: Well, let me go get my tiny vale.
Speaker 1: Remember to subscribe to super Coach Plus to take your game to the next level. Follow Code sports latest supercoaching news and analysis, leave a rating or review on Apple or Spotify, and subscribe on YouTube to get a notification whenever the latest episodes drop. Of course, follow all the official Super coach AFIL social accounts for all your finals action and reaction across the week and across the weekend.
Speaker 3: Thanks to Patch, Thank you, Hello, yes, hi, I think we did that.
Speaker 4: Hell long a bit?
Speaker 5: Yeah no, Thank you for having me yet again and putting up with my utter nonsense.
Speaker 3: And thanks huge. Thank you too, Lech for jumping on.
Speaker 1: It's been an absolute pleasure talking draft and hearing about your Supercoach adventures this season.
Speaker 4: Oh great to be Thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Hopefully we'll get you back on pretty soon. And thanks of course to the Phantom for jumping on as well. Thanks everybody for watching and listening. I've been Al Payton, have a great Round twenty one and happy super coaching.