Speaker 1: Five double a football post match callers.
Speaker 2: Well, Timmy, you sum it up almost perfectly. In that final play of the game. Jeremy Cameron just on a cake walk finishes with seven goals.
Speaker 1: Chris Scott striding out onto the ground.
Speaker 2: He'd be well pleased they bounce back to the winners list after that narrow loss last week to GWS and for Port Adelaide, another heavy defeat, their third in a row and almost getting out towards that fifteen goal margin which we've seen twice this season.
Speaker 1: Injuries also problems.
Speaker 2: Jason Horn France has said to miss at least a few weeks on the sidelines. Lockie Jones a similar fate, you would think, and Josh Sin he's probably in doubt for next week as well. We'd love to hear from you Port fans. Eight double two to three double o double oh is the number. It was a disastrous second half twelve goals to two. Treaders will get into our post game now, all thanks to right price roofing.
Speaker 1: Not a good night out for the Power now.
Speaker 3: It wasn't dominant performance by the Cats.
Speaker 4: They kept that them, Timmy, You kept saying, they just kept running and sadly for port Adelaide are exposed.
Speaker 5: It was a heavy loss. Again, it's so what have we got now?
Speaker 6: We've had the heavy loss to Collinwood obviously first Poor Dog's was a heavy loss.
Speaker 5: This is now the third one and.
Speaker 1: It's at home, Timmy, which always hurts a lot more. It feels like it doesn't know.
Speaker 5: They've got a record of their four to six.
Speaker 6: Yep, it's not a good ledger and those three are really damning on Port Adelaide when they're just not on.
Speaker 1: And the other thing they weren't on today. They weren't on today. You could feel it from the out.
Speaker 2: And the problem too is that the draw and I know, you know every game is difficult. We hear that, but it's not going to get any easier. Tread has mentioned a trip to Perth coming up against a Fremantle side that's had a fantastic win today. It's a week off, isn't it against g WS. Then it's a week off which they're going to need with on Francis out and that might be a good thing because that comes.
Speaker 3: Too soon though, Yeah, got to risk of.
Speaker 2: Replayers GWS away, you know, and then Melbourne at Heim. So it's a difficult month ahead, but we want to hear from your port fans. Eight double two three double A double A is the number. We'll get straight to the calls after the game. Thanks the right price, roofing. Let's get to Tommy No rather Trevor in Queensland.
Speaker 1: Trevor, your first cap off the rank. What do you think of the game.
Speaker 7: It was impressive, wasn't it not. Oh by the way, Warren, great podcast again the other day. I really enjoyed it. But anyway back on the real things, I am bitterly disappointed, said this many a time, not just with our fraud of a coach we know you can't coach, but out Board for allowing this guy to stay here for another season and produce this roach, for the players to come out and say, oh we love him. I'd love him til I was getting a game every week and I have performed this. That game is a disgreat. You can use injuries, excuse put your longhead injuries as well. Get our bloke showed no ticker, no heart, no desire, and that really frustrates me. I can get except getting bean, but that tonight was rubbish, genuine rubbish. And if our club allows us to keep on going. They are the blame, not just the fraud that's leading them. Thanks Fellows, Thanks Trevit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I mean it's it's difficult, Timmy, isn't it because last week so competitive, there was so much upside, you know, could it would have should have been.
Speaker 1: It was the Jacklin hide. Yeah, sir Jackel and hyde that.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 6: I saw several port supporters coming in and just said, you know, they asked, what do you reckon?
Speaker 1: And I say, what do you reckon?
Speaker 6: They say, we don't know, and I say, yeah, I don't know either, And then I watched the first five minutes and I go, there's no intensity in this, there's no there's no zip, there's no heat. And then eventually the harder working team got on top and really.
Speaker 5: Drove it on.
Speaker 1: Let's get to Sam out at maryon Hello Sam.
Speaker 9: Oh, Timmy, it's just embarrassing for the supporters made who paid money into the club, They gove their week in, week out, and we're just a laughing stock. I mean, don't worry about saying, you know, we're built for premierships. Them days are gone, Tommy. Everyone like I said last year, but everyone is just too comfortable there, Timmy, too comfortable. There's no one coming up. Our draft picks are scared to show what they've got. We're too from here, Timmy Geneva.
Speaker 5: Yes, Sam, I'm with you.
Speaker 6: I think I said it last year. You can't be comfortable with being comfortable. And a successful organization and or club is always on the edge. It's always on the edge, and it's driving that edge. And I find that we just turn up like tonight and you go, oh, first five minutes, no intensity, No, you're.
Speaker 5: Thinking, yeah, we're in trouble.
Speaker 6: And then cop a couple of injuries made it worse, but they did too, and I love the way they ran the game out. They thought, no, we'll take this on and there their ability to you know, take and roll, take and roll, take and roll. We were very, very caught up in the pushback, take your time, and that doesn't it doesn't work.
Speaker 5: Then we got into the over handble mode.
Speaker 4: Tommy, the baffling bit for me, right, and we have already one got to talk about coaching and whatever, But I'm not that's not dismissed right for me. But I want to concentrate on the player's mindset.
Speaker 3: Ten. If you can't self motivate to bring.
Speaker 5: Your best double time, like if you get if.
Speaker 4: You can't, Like when you pack your boots, you pack your bag, you pack your mouth guard, you rock up the game and unprepared, where's my boots?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 4: Does that tell me? I'm not saying to anyone's done that. So I'm just giving you just some.
Speaker 1: Ways of attitude.
Speaker 3: Bring the attitude. You're a professional.
Speaker 4: The average player is getting five hundred a year thousand with the new broadcus rights. So yep, we can't compare that every day living because it's totally different. Right, but you're in a fortunate position. You're a professional. You're playing sports for it. I'm not saying you're not trying, but I'm saying I think you think you're trying harder than you are, because if you don't rock up and pack effort, right, and we saw it last week all over Adelaide, people saying it's fitness. It can't be fitness. Last week when you're overrunning the opposition. It was execution last week. But timmy, if I asked you what last week's effort was, you'd have to say eight or nine.
Speaker 1: But then this week or four.
Speaker 4: So in the big losses, the gap and then you wonder why you can't get the job done consistently because you're not. It's like I'm driving to work on twenty ks and now, and then on the other day I'm driving a hundred.
Speaker 3: You're not going to get at the same time.
Speaker 2: The disparity between that effort it's.
Speaker 4: Too big a seesaw, and that causes an emotional response.
Speaker 3: All that stuff.
Speaker 4: But I'm bringing back to the mentality in the psychology of the individual going. I used to prepare exactly the same way too. It's stupid that two and a half hours before I'd be at preparing to leave for the game, three and a half hours before I'd be at Grange over with a Grange Cricket club place doing a kick around, whether with my dog or not, stretch music playing at a certain time, eat a certain time, routine, so routine full top, whether it's home or away, doesn't fall over no matter what. So even a stage of Grand Final day is totally different because you can't get on the ground in the entertainment you had your routine nudded. So what gives you confidence in your belief to rock up and give you A or nine is your ability to consistently do what your routine that works for you, and everyone's different, but for me the frustrating bit as a club official, former player, as a fan, like I'll drive home with my boys tonight and they'll be frustrated to go, oh whoa. But why are we having the same discussion around self motivation? You can't rely on like you didn't roll Timmy on John Cale getting you up every game. You relied John Cale tipping you to that final letch. You were ready to go and then he just made you run through the brick wall. You were standing there breathing. That's the bit for me, that is the missing link on all this. It's the self motivation to then be given that little.
Speaker 2: Extra after the game thanks to right price roofing will keep the cause coming. Tommy from Salisbury wants to ask about the list.
Speaker 1: Hello, tom there you.
Speaker 10: Goes there you're going put a genuine question about the list. But also I sort of thing it's going to be pretty going to be pretty.
Speaker 11: Shocking if the finishing bottom five, considering our first round pick's been given up this year.
Speaker 10: But also where is the list out?
Speaker 12: I mean, if you look at.
Speaker 10: Tonight's like who's in tonight? You've got a Leyear thirty, Really twenty nine, Power Pepper.
Speaker 11: Twenty seven, DBJ twenty nine, Burton twenty eight, fin LEAs and twenty.
Speaker 10: Nine with Tasmania coming in. No first round pick this year? I mean where where is the list headed? What is actually happening? I mean there's there's been a lot of first round picks given up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but unfortunate understand.
Speaker 8: Well, what do you actually sorry mate?
Speaker 10: Where is the list actually headed? Where are the There is some great players in the twenty three to twenty six marks, but it also feels like there's a big gap of what's coming through.
Speaker 3: And it's an absolute valid question is it Tom Tom? Tom?
Speaker 4: And this is a decision where it's probably not where I can interview you here a little Is this time last year what we were we talking about top four team finishing second on ladder and losing a home losing qualify home one home one, then lose a prelimb. So the mentality of the club was we want to get better. We think we're not far away, but we need to improve. We needed to improve our forward setup. You're going to get lacocious. You don't expect him to hurt his knee in the second round of the season and miss significant bit of time. You gave up a pick, and I'm not defending it, but the realies you gave up a pick, which is a weaker draft than it was last year. You have the Houston trade where you get yourself into that pick, and now you've picked up a couple of kids, and the kids are showing signs but not at AFL level yet, so you're replenishing on the run effectively while we believe you're contending. But I think the biggest discussion around this is if we look at it right now, from individual players, Tim who's having a career best year. Rosey's having a pretty good year, but it's just having a pretty good year, and two was taken out to Bergmann's had a pretty good year. Other than that, who else is having a Georgiada's pretty good year. Yep, radigally is improved, but you haven't got as many winners across the ground on form that you said previously. And I know there's some older guys that will tip out. That's absolutely true. But that's why it was so important with Tazzy coming to get into last year's draft, because it was so strong and knowing that Tassy's coming in in that period, so get every decision needs to be analyzed, absolutely, But I still think Nick last year's moves will be judged once Berry's played a significant amount of football, once.
Speaker 3: Whitlock's in the team.
Speaker 4: Marius, all right, So Whitlock is doing pretty well, Timmy, Maggie's level, he shows like he's got a future. Is he a finished article that Charlie Dixon at his best was no, But he's getting there. So not heed to defend the decisions, but I just think you've got to look at a little bit bigger than that, because when you play so Paul and you don't bring the effort consistently, then your best players look terrible.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, and they did.
Speaker 2: They all look pretty ordinary tonight didn't. Unfortunately, let's get out to Netbee. Hello George.
Speaker 12: Hey boys, this is a succession plan without success.
Speaker 7: If it can't be brave enough to make the right decision off field, how can we expect the players to make the right decision on field?
Speaker 1: Timmy.
Speaker 2: He's obviously talking about the coaching with Ken and Josh and four and six, and I suppose at some point they might ask the question it was a callers, what are they.
Speaker 1: Going to do in terms of, you know, moving forward.
Speaker 2: But it's it's it's a big decision, isn't it for I guess the club to manage it that they've gone down this path, But how do they, I guess work it.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 5: We knew with every loss that this discussion is going to happen.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 6: So I said it was at the beginning of the year when when they decided on it. I said, it's going to be a long year to carry that candle and and these things do.
Speaker 4: But the other side had, after a loss, as someone who was involved in the public decision to go public with it. If you didn't do it, what would the discussion be now? It'd be back to what we've previously seen spot on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's chicken in the egg is well.
Speaker 4: The facts that I think Richard said, this has been in the works for some time. Yeah, So it's not like it's new.
Speaker 1: Ye, no fair call.
Speaker 2: We'll head to the room, Sam Pa Pepper's been good enough to join us down there tonight. Obviously disappointing. How do you sum up that performance tonight from its point of view?
Speaker 13: Yeah, obviously very disappointed, especially after halftime we didn't have the energy we needed, and yeah, in the first ord we didn't take our chances either.
Speaker 3: So yeah, pretty disappointed, pretty.
Speaker 13: Flat, but yeah, we'll look back at it on Monday.
Speaker 5: By Sam Tim Jennifer.
Speaker 6: Just on today, at the start of the game, we always think, okay, let's let's have a look at the guys and see what they're doing.
Speaker 5: It just seemed like a really slow start again.
Speaker 1: Did it feel like that to you guys?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 13: I did, especially it didn't help making a few easy shots in front as well. You know, that's pretty deflating and you don't kick those easy ones.
Speaker 3: But yeah, we knew it was going to be a.
Speaker 13: Slug first because of a slug first because of the weather.
Speaker 3: But yeah, no no excuses.
Speaker 4: Sam Warrant tread Ray, appreciate your speaking, because, let's face it, it's not easily start to do it after such a disappointed Do.
Speaker 3: You think it's a mental thing or is it a physical thing?
Speaker 4: Where the boys are out in terms of the difference between last week's all over Adelaide, running over the ground, Pepper and the inside fifties to them having fourteen to the last sixteen goals kicks against you, is that in your head or is that physical?
Speaker 13: I think it's a little bit of both, to be honest. You know, we had a few boys go down. There's no uses, but yeah, I think it does when the momentum is on the other side and you know, they get on a roll and you don't quite wrestle the momentum back and people can kind of go pretty quiet and they can just get momentum gone pretty easily. So yeah, it's kind of it's more of a I think it's a bit of both, to be honest.
Speaker 4: It's difficult to come up with the answers so soon after a game you're probably just dealing with what happened as supposed to having the answers for it. That's probably more a coaching job. But twenty three touches two goals. I want to get into your head made. It's been a long roadback. You watched a lot last year getting back to your best. How are you feeling physically pulling up from games and how's the confidence coming back?
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you mate.
Speaker 13: It's been obviously a long, a long journey since since last year around seven, So I'm just happy to be back out there playing footy and just the body feels really good. So I'm just I'm happy to be out there. You know, I'd be a bit happy if we got some wins on the war, but yeah, we just need to work on a few things. I'm just grateful to be back out there playing, and yeah, just happy to be out there.
Speaker 4: We walk in the Carri's office this week and say, mate, put me back in the middle, get me back in there like you did in the first few years when you joined the club.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I haven't really done too much time in the majority, just my first couple of years, so I'll see you see what Carri says.
Speaker 5: But yeah, yeah, would have.
Speaker 3: Like you're getting there a little bit more.
Speaker 13: But yeah, whatever the coaches need, old do.
Speaker 6: They seem we were nine points down at half time and then it just seemed like they're out side run and their pressure. They just took over the game and it got away.
Speaker 5: From us, didn't the term.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 13: I think they came out and just put four or five goals on the board as soon as the second half started. So that's not the way we want to start. And you know, especially especially just fighting out the whole game and just give an effort, effort.
Speaker 3: For four quarters until the final sign.
Speaker 13: I thought we need to do weekend work out, but yeah, I think I think it fell off Gaffey in that second half.
Speaker 2: And Peep obviously disappointing for poor Jason Horn Francis and Blackie Jones, who was playing a really good game on a M. Cameron, have you faced to get around the boys. It looks like they've gone down with some handstrings.
Speaker 13: Yeah, obviously it's never never good scene your teammates injured and you know they've been playing such good footage, so that did hurt us a bit, the handy players of ours. So yeah, we'll get around and make sure they're right and see where we go from there.
Speaker 2: Well, Pep, we really appreciate your hunting up. We know it's a tough one to take, but look, you kept having a credit. We could see you were really trying out their disappointing performance but hopefully bounce back next week.
Speaker 1: Thanks so much for your time, Thanks thanks for pressure, Tam, good stuff.
Speaker 2: Sam Paw Pepper there, who is an absolute champion for fronting up and having a quick chat to us postgame after what was a really disappointing result. We're into after the game thanks to right price roofing, leaky roof, total roof restoration, do it right with right price roofing. Just having a look at some of the RAA insurance stats. As we get into the fall out, we'll get back to the CAUs rey shortly Port's lowest score since Round four twenty twenty two, which was thirty six against Melbourne when the club started the season at zero and four. Let's get to Adam from Blackwood High Adam evening.
Speaker 14: Oh, I don't know, I'm bit dumbfounder, but anyway, look, probably not surprising. I mean, you haven't got a just would argue with anybody, and I'm happy to argue very clearly that Geelong are the best professionally run football club on and off the field time and time again. They are well drilled exceptarate coaching from the staff up, not just Chriscott but the men around him as well. They hardly make a mistake and if they do get themselves into any sort of issue where they're trailing or anything like that, they think ahead and they plan ahead and generally they turn things around. You can't say that about Port Adelaide.
Speaker 4: And yeah also too, I don't forget the players and leaders out on the field.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I said on and off the field, letters on and off the field as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 14: Absolutely. Look, if you accept mediaurocrety, you generally get mediauro Crickey and basically Port Adelaide. I've been doing that for a long period of time. Also, I don't want to hear anyone Port supporters, officials, players supporters saying that they were flat because of the showdown.
Speaker 12: Well, I'll tell you what.
Speaker 14: Crows went to Melbourne. They're playing Collingwood in Melbourne at the MCG. You get pretty much every second game at the MCG. Fought it out right to the very end in tough conditions over there. Okay, they lost the game, but they didn't put up the white flag and they went toe to toe with Port Adelaide last week. What we saw today Port Adelaide had two games at Adelaide. Oval didn't have to travel, they knew were up against the quality team in Geelong. But there's just no fight, no fight. I mean, there's the difference chalk and cheese between two teams that we saw last week at Adelaide Oval and one team showed grip and fight still come up short today at the G. Port Adelaide had everything going for them, playing under the conditions of Adelaide Oble their home crowd. They knew they were up against it. They beaked along on their own home debt last year. Where's that all gone? I mean to me, they as I said, give it to my original point. If you accept mediocrity, you get mediocrity.
Speaker 2: Thanks for that, Adam, Yeah, it's probably summing up. I think that the murder amongst a lot of poor fans is that frustration and the lack of effort. Boys, you both touched on. It will keep on going. Andy, he's calling us from the Northern Territory. Hello, Andy, Can he said we got spanked by the Cats this time last year and say him again, nothing will learned. What do I think?
Speaker 15: Can I ask about Jerry mccameron Jeremy camera. I remember sitting next to him at the interview Games Day watching him was watching the footy and he's a beast six foot five running machine. What is this you habit of pressing into the football? I imagine testing the pressure of it. I mean soon he'll be running in from forty and stopping and saying UMPHI can you put a couple extra PSI in for me? So you kick it any differently, do you think?
Speaker 3: No. I think it's shape of the footy.
Speaker 1: Routine Again, traders, I think it's routine.
Speaker 3: But I think it's shape of the footy.
Speaker 4: If you look at the footies, I don't care what anyone says they're and even how they So he wants to squeeze it and feel which end. Generally there's a fatter end in the skinny and that sounds nuts, but he just does that as part of his routine because they're they've given brand new down kicked in?
Speaker 3: Are they They're bounced in but not kicked in. And what he does is that's his routine. See. I can't remember him at.
Speaker 4: GWS kicking around the body like he does now. So he's brought that to his game in there's latter a few years. But that's just part of his routine. May be a bit more method than Maddie Lloyd's throwing the grass up at the dome with the roof shut, but that's works for him.
Speaker 3: You kicked seven goals straight, I.
Speaker 1: Think it was, and there was some good finishes.
Speaker 3: Pretty much since the midway mark of the second quarter.
Speaker 1: It's working for him.
Speaker 2: He's a staff, he's an absolute gun. Let's go to Dave at North Haven.
Speaker 12: Hello Dave, Yeah, Timmy, Dave, listen they you know, I try and ring up. I don't think no one ever listens to you guys at pored Out Football Club.
Speaker 13: But people have.
Speaker 12: Rang up and they say the same things. Or to look a pal Pepper was our better player along with Drew. They tried their heart out. Yeah. At the end, he said, we're going to have a review Monday. This review Monday. I just don't get what they have they review because I don't go in there. But listen, walk up to Marius for instance, Yeah, how does he get a game in the first team? I don't know. Bergorne useless and need, useless, thin race and useless. Burn Jones runs around like a head does nothing. Yeah, Rose, he's our captain. Why doesn't he will himself and throw himself at the ball and get the team up or anything? He doesn't. He is a fringe player. He hangs on the outside where a captain should be doing all the stuff in the middle there. He's a great player, you know, Lord Useless, Richard's useless. I mean you got to walk for these players and ask them, why are you second to the ball. Why are you second to the ball? Geelong beat us to the ball every time because they wanted the ball. We just don't want the first ball. Well, just too gutless mate, you know. And the coaching staff they should get rid of half a dozen of not they've been They're too long. The same players fell comfortable. Just get rid of the Hinkley, get rid of it. Two or three others have been there with him and start all over. We ain't going to nowhere, you know what, I know it. That's all I got to say.
Speaker 1: Fellas good on you, Dave. Thanks for that from north Haven. We'll keep on moving.
Speaker 2: Give us a call eight double two three double a double. I let's go to Maddie out at Largs Bay.
Speaker 16: Hello, Matt oh, I'm disappointed guys. To be honest, I used to say to my mates it wasn't skills or a fitness, it was purely mental. But I'm thinking maybe some of the skills are drifting into that negative column. But I looked again. A goal efficiency terrible, just like last week, and we're drifting into that almost one to one ratio with kick to handbles, unlike Geelongho almost two to one and it's just is just killing us. They handle into traffic or back into traffic, they over handle how many times that they just haven't got the skill level like a team that maybe Hawthorne who've developed that sort of game. I don't know what the persists of that for, because when we do actually kick it, we actually sort of look good. I mean, we have made a lot of class tonight. But I just I don't get this almost one to one ratio kicking for handble. It's it's driving me nuts.
Speaker 3: I can I disagree with the handball over handball. I've always had the theory you said, you said pre game treaders, I said at the start of the year.
Speaker 4: I get how the one handball chain and it comes off. It's amazing. But in greasy conditions or high pressure games, it's rare.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And I remember many years ago the North Adelaide team of eighty nine ish Tim Yep, where they are really great at handle under Mick Noonan. Yes, but good, I reckon. The only thing that pulls that apart is pressure. And when the pressure is high or it's greasy and you're not playing at your absolute best, it comes undone. And we saw a lot of turnover goals tonight from over zealous handballs in greasy conditions.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: No, they were running nearly at one one to one at one stage, and I thought we'd got that out of their game. Geelong two thirty five kicks, one twenty eight handbles, Ye, Poort one hundred ninety six kicks, one hundred and sixty nine handballs.
Speaker 5: It's a very high ratio. And you got to say it, God got him in trouble several times.
Speaker 2: Well kind of Rosey could have had it been sent into next week when Lucky Jones sent that hospital handball. Let's go to some of them park Wheels on the line, Hello there, Will, Will, are you with us?
Speaker 3: Will?
Speaker 2: No, it might have just dropped off again a sandwich and mighty exactly right. We'll keep on going. Toby from Port Adelaide is on the line now, Hello, Toby.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, good evening, guys. Super frustrating obviously, but what was terrible to hear from watching the broadcast Ben Dixon, who interviewed quickly on the walk back after halftime, and Hinckley said, we're going to try and slow the game down and put it in the trenches. And as soon as I heard that. I was like, oh no, because we can't play skillful footy. I would much prefer us to play dirty footy. You probably can't have the fingers than Olli Laude out there tonight. We should have had am all forward line because we're not skillful enough and we're much better when we just attack the contest and go all out. So that's what we got. So that's the direction from the top from someone who looks pretty tired and probably, you know, as we go into the cold of winter, we're probably gonna have to make that change if we keep seeing this, because you're going to lose generational supporters that have just had.
Speaker 1: A guts full. Yeah it was. It was a tough loss, wasn't it. Stick fat with a though, Toby.
Speaker 2: It's tough times at the moment, I know, but hopefully things will turn. Let's get out to Ross Trevor good a, Zach, how.
Speaker 3: You going boys? Is Zach?
Speaker 8: Look, I'm concerned, genuinely concerned.
Speaker 12: Like look out, top end is great, but it appears when we get a couple of injuries, it just seems to all.
Speaker 15: Just fall apart and it's looking pretty bleak. I don't know where to go from here to me, what.
Speaker 14: Are your thoughts and traiders are your thoughts?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I know what you mean when you say, okay, we've got three players out and the like, you know, who's playing good footy underneath that doesn't seem like there's enough depth and to the point that the top end names you go yeah, yep, yep.
Speaker 1: But then I think from play like eighteen to thirty on the.
Speaker 6: Left and it is probably as low as that as far as who are really And I think it was Bran Taras saying you look at Brisbane, they'll they'll have thirty players on their list that can make an impact on a game.
Speaker 5: Could we where could we say that?
Speaker 6: And I reckon, we're hovering around the eight A mark, so we're well short, I think on depth, and we've seen it at sadful level.
Speaker 5: The midfield depth is.
Speaker 6: Not there either, and that's that's where we've been carved up in a lot of our our sandfil game. So we're trying to strengthen that area. So I think I think we really we're probably got to work really hard on strengthening that up in the next few years.
Speaker 2: One player who looked and sorry to button, Yeah, I thought he.
Speaker 3: Was I thought he was one of the better players.
Speaker 4: I thought he tried hard, and I think me I stripped it back to it's got to be effort.
Speaker 3: You got to, you got to.
Speaker 4: I touched on it before and a big rant about what you've got to pack in your bag. For me, it's the effort, consistent effort. We can't be relying when you consistent best player as your top ten players, and as Tammy says, fans are coming to into any function or walking through the gay to going what do you think we're going to get? You can't have the Hawthorne performance in the first half or the Adelaide performance in the second second half last week when you're all over and but you're struggling to score, but you're dominating play and then you get absolutely dominated. Because I'll argue that a longer better team than Hawthorne, it's questionable.
Speaker 3: So that for me is the attitude at bit.
Speaker 4: That's the missing piece is there is some massive talent, but massive talent when it's out of form still looks average, you know what I mean, and not consistent enough. But if you've got and you're you have everyone playing, so eighty percent of your team on the Field is that up there with career best form or playing eight out of ten, you're going to get a very good performance. But as we said before, the difference is a three compared to an eight. And that's the bit, that's the missing piece, and that's why Geelong is good. And our caller touched on a film talk about being an amazing club. Gelong wasn't that amazing club before seven, but they built it and they've now I got leaders and then they're replenish and they know, like Dangerfield had no influence and arguably he's one of the most influential players on the ground today and he wasn't even there yep. So for them to still get that result, For Karen to be totally wiped inside one and a half quarters and then kick seven goals from there on in, that's not anything other than in intestinal fortitude, that's guts determination. He's got talent, but he brought the effort to go I'm a proud bloke and I'm going to stand up. That's the bit we've got to work on. That's what we need to see. That that's the frustration. That's the frustration every fan scene. That's what the that's the annoyance every media person seeing there's no secret. There's no secret here. Everyone can see what needs to be fixed and that's the challenge.
Speaker 2: Let's round out the calls after the game thanks to Right Price roofing with Paul from albert and.
Speaker 17: Yeah good, how are you boys? It's disappointed time mm hmm mate. I'm just thinking the you know, there is a professional football team and when we got forwards that aren't kicking goals. As a back line player and I played a lot of back line football, you put the ball up there in the first kick of the night that Georgia Hardison missed it, and I think, mate, we're looking backwards all the time. Professional and you know they've got to lift their games.
Speaker 12: He missed one.
Speaker 17: You work twice as hard to kick your second one or to get your first one back. It's just so disappointing. There's second efforts out there. Back line be so disappointed putting it up there and we're missing, you know, time and time again, it's just happened.
Speaker 18: You know.
Speaker 17: It's almost each week a long day, which port Adelaid's showing up this week.
Speaker 2: And that's something that we've been talking about a lot of Paul. Thanks so much for your call. We are going to take a break. On the other side, we'll wrap up with all of the awards. It was a huge defeat for Port Adelaide tonight, suffering a massive result at the hands of Geelong, who are loving this ground. They've won five in a row here now and they won comfortably again tonight by seventy six points. He sees five double A football all thanks to the Fluriale Milk Company.
Speaker 18: Fine double a's after the game thanks to Right Price Heating and Cooling. Also your roofing and solar specialist Right Price Heating, Cooling, Roofing and solo for this is five double A football.
Speaker 2: And it was the dominant performance by Geelong tonight seventeen thirteen one fifteen to five nine thirty nine, a seventy six point victory after the game, all thanks to Right Price Roofing, Leaky roof, total roof restoration. Do it right with Right Price Roofing, Tim Jitiver, Warren tread Ray, Tom rem with you. We'll get into the awards, but we'll start with the injury report. Thanks to CLK Legal Personal Injury Claim for expert compensation advice, visit CLK Legal Dot com do you and boys?
Speaker 1: They were busy tonight, weren't they. Unfortunately, a couple of.
Speaker 2: Reasonably serious hamstring injuries to Lockie Jones and also Jason Horn Francis Treaders.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's and you know you look at even the other players to sind got the corked hip bows from Geelonga to Hammy Danger did a hammy. So yeah, the doctors are working overtime in our friends at c Okay Legal. Certainly we're out for the fight there will help us out. Also Goal of the day thanks to Beechwood Holmes. I've given it a power pepper for his snap. The Real Custom Owing Builders Mark of the Day thanks to m again and real Estate You're selling they have buyers ready to go. I've gone with Radigalia. I can't remember any others, but he took some lot amazing.
Speaker 1: They are reckon two good ones.
Speaker 4: Yeah really, I've really been impressed with him and I reckon he was one of the only winners from on the field from Port Adelaide. Rosie get to mention from just his sheer amount of footy, but I didn't get him in the votes.
Speaker 3: Gave one vote to Vycentini.
Speaker 4: Thought he was really competitive in the right for a guy didn't really have much of a break and had to go the distance.
Speaker 3: I thought he did really well.
Speaker 4: We spoke to the man who got two votes pow Pepper twenty three and two goals too.
Speaker 3: I thought he's getting better.
Speaker 4: Pressure is good, gets plenty of the footy, but they need more contributors than him, and I gave three votes to Radigallere. I thought he was a winner in defense from a defense that was totally under siege and had fifty eight entries and the Port only had forty three, so he did pretty well.
Speaker 2: All thanks to unique home style foods. That is our playoff spotlight the three two one and that is it for us here from Adelaide Oval.
Speaker 1: A big victory for Geelong. Andrew Reimer coming up next. Give him a.
Speaker 2: Call on eight double two to three double O double O. Big thanks to Timmy Treaders. Also, the whole team have been outstanding to help us get on air tonight. A loss for the Crows, a loss for Port Adelaide, A big week of soul searching ahead.
Speaker 1: The showdown fallout continues, the hangover. It's always difficult for the.
Speaker 2: Games afterwards, and so it continues but at seventy six point winn for Geelong.
Speaker 1: They were far too good today at Adelaide Oval.
Speaker 5: This is five Double A football