Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome back to the Math Funny Podcast with me Joshua Fox. Now, I know you've all just clicked on this episode desperate for me to say it isn't so and prove to you that true love will always prevail and Dave and Jamie make it through this rough patch and they're still together present day. But on that, I have an update to you. For weeks now, everyone's been asking, well, are they still together? And the answer is, as far as I'm told by multiple sources, no, they're not. I'm afraid sorry that I went a bit andrew g there during an Australian Idol finale dragging out. I just wanted to build some suspense before I explain why I believe this is true and they're not together. Let's quickly recap how we've even got to this point. Things started falling apart this week when Jamie admitted she'd fallen in love with Dave and told him she loved him and he wasn't quite ready to say it back. Things then got even more awkward during the couple swap task, as Adrian convinced Jamie that Dave just isn't into her, doesn't fancy yet and that's why it doesn't want to shag us so much.
Speaker 2: Do you honestly think Dave and I will last beyond this experiment?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Adrian planting that seed then led to this huge fight between Dave and Jamie.
Speaker 4: Because I'm so much more deep. I feel like sex and all those things are connected to all those feelings as well.
Speaker 2: Then you're so. Then you're saying we don't have that much sex because you're.
Speaker 4: Not right in your fields. I'm not there yet. You're in a different spot to I am. So you said you'd love me six weeks into this, I'm not there. I'm not there.
Speaker 2: I'm having a lack of sex because you're not in the love stage.
Speaker 4: I feel like.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 1: And then during this week's dinner party, things exploded.
Speaker 2: Dave under the microscope many future with you, and you're telling me today, You're like, I don't have those feelings haven't progressed for you? When did you want to tell me that?
Speaker 3: Jamie. There's her song as she fights for her marriage.
Speaker 4: It's it's just a struggle with at the moment, So I encourage.
Speaker 2: Really, he's hurt me so much. Who am I trusting with my heart? That's not okay?
Speaker 1: And now, well we're here, and you're probably wondering, well, Josh, why am I so sure that they're over? Well, firstly, Marina pretty much said as much during my recent interview with her a few weeks ago.
Speaker 3: But Dave, I want to thank you every single day your hearts, the way you you held me tight, you got me through some really dark moments. You're a beautiful young man, Dave, and you really are going to get a beautiful woman one day.
Speaker 1: Still with Jamie.
Speaker 3: Oh, sorry, I forgot, I'll take that out.
Speaker 1: I'll take that. I purposely kept the out of the interview as I wanted to go do my own digging into it a little bit more. And I suppose I also didn't want to put that out there weeks ago because I didn't want to destroy everyone's dreams so early into the season. But now the season's nearly over, they're falling apart on screen. And here's my second piece of evidence why I believe they're not together. I don't know if anyone remembers, but after their wedding aired on TV at the start of February, all the websites and blogs were convinced that they had solid evidence that Dave and Jamie were still together present day, and all of this was solely because of the fact that they did an interview together live on the Today Show while sat next to each other in the same studio, and that interview started with them sounding, oh, giggly and flirty like this.
Speaker 3: Jamie and I've dressed out from Melbourne.
Speaker 2: Hey you too, I just abassed Jamie. Obviously, look at what you said. I mean, you really did grab an old lamp and rob it and look out comes you Jennie.
Speaker 4: What what did she rub?
Speaker 2: I like to think of myself as a masterman, first star.
Speaker 1: And then all of the journalists quickly wrote those articles titled proof Dave and Jamie are still together. But you know what those journalists didn't do. I don't think any of them listened to the whole interview, because if they made it to the end of that chat, it got a bit awkward as they reflected on their time in the experiment.
Speaker 4: Ah yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean the whole experiment. For me, I absolutely loved it, especially you know, walking away in such a good headspace and like, I really got a lot out of it, learned a lot about myself, and kudos to Jamie as well, she's taught me so much.
Speaker 2: So yeah, we definitely definitely you guys will see what's to come. But I don't think we regret doing it.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I.
Speaker 1: Described now to me, that doesn't sound like two people who met the love of the lives and are living happily ever after. Now it sounds like two people who met I don't know all right time, learned a few things about themselves, and have now moved on with their lives. Interestingly, as well, since they did that joints interview at the start of February, they've done no more press together and all other media interviews have been solo, and recently, as Jamie sat down solo with the Advertiser in Adelaide, this video she did for them went viral.
Speaker 2: Hi, I'm Jamie from Married at First Sight your Outlaide girl. I hope everyone's enjoying the season so far as you can see. I'm currently married.
Speaker 3: You're gonna have to watch and.
Speaker 2: See what happens. But I hope their frand's be enjoying and there's plenty more drama.
Speaker 1: And last come. Now, if you're thinking why did that go viral, will it is because everyone quickly went Oh my god, she's still wearing a ring. That definitely means they're still together. But it doesn't. What you guys don't realize is contractively, every participant is required to wear their wedding rings until their storylines end on TV. And if you're now thinking, well, that doesn't necessarily prove anything, Joshua clutching at stras here, I might be. But let's remember that Dave and Jamie both live in Melbourne and how many times have we spotted them out together since this show started airing seven weeks ago now? Zero Dave and Jamie have been spotted by fans and paparazzi out on their own. They've been spotted out with different co stars, but they've never been spotted together. And remember, Dave is like seventy five feet tall, so every time he steps out the door, people are recognizing him and taking pictures on the phones and it becomes a thing. And if you're now thinking, well, maybe they're purposely avoiding going out together in public to prevent spoilers now, because as far as I'm told, this show actively wants any successful couples to be seen out together because it kind of balances out all of the negative press and fuck me, there's been a lot of that this year. So if Dave and Jamie were a thing, trust me when I say Channel nine would be pushing them out anywhere and everywhere they can, just to kind of reinforce this message. Hey, it's not all bad. Look at us. We've got one happy couple. Also, on the subject of them being spotted out individually, another telling clue they're not together is the fact that when Jamie was recognized at the Billie Eilish concert last week, not only did she find herself stun on a balcony giving an empowering speech to like a hundred teenage girls, but listen closely to what she was saying, Fuck men who are going to disrespect women out there. And while Jamie's been out there screaming about, well how much she dislikes men, what's Dave been up to. He's now selling video messages on Cameo for seventy five dollars each.
Speaker 4: Hey, guys, Davia, I just got a little surprise. I have signed up to Cameo so I can spread the love and the positivity to your spouse, your parents, your auntie, your uncle, your family, whatever it is. Let me know, best wishes, congratulations, Abby, gender reveals, whatever it is, just let me know I can help you out. I'm here at your disposal. Shut on, Cameo, I'll be.
Speaker 1: Here waiting now. I'm all for cast members making money off the back of this show, like they all have some financial gain for the shit they have to endure. But Dave doing this now while the show still airing is very telling to me because if he was one half of this year's big hero couple, there is no way he'd be doing stuff like this now because Channel nine would be offering him and Jamie the world, like they'd be saying, like, follow your contract, don't do this, don't do that, because we're gonna make you stars. We'll put you on this show. We'll do that, you can have this job, like that's what they do every year. But Dave is already out there kind of going rogue and making his own money. So make of that what you will. All of this socidety, I suppose time will tell what actually happens. But that's my theory, that's my thoughts, and there's my evidence. Goodbye and good night,