Speaker 1: Lucky. You're so lucky lucky dip tarm it's mail and Monty.
Speaker 2: How lucky you're feeling today?
Speaker 1: Months Oh I'm feeling lucky. I'm almost was like, oh, should I do this? Should I?
Speaker 2: Not?
Speaker 1: Like our lucky dips are so random that you never know what you're going to get, but today's is really random. So if this is the first time you listen, I promise that they're not always like this. This is a very specific topic that I'm just going to barrow you with facts. And it's odd.
Speaker 2: It is on hollering as in yelling.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Okay, So something came up on my Instagram and I was like, what the fuck is that? So I'm going to play it for you now, just so you can see why it captured me. I just want you to picture a lady. This is probably a ten year old clip dressed a bit daggy. I reckon, she's on a farm, bit of a bob, wavy hair, massive dork and this is.
Speaker 2: What namer Wendy Wendy.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, the song that I hollered to and it is entitled Somebody Loves Me and it.
Speaker 2: Goes like this ten years ago.
Speaker 1: No, it's not ten years ago. It's probably forty years ago. So that's her hollering in a song. Isn't that amazing? I don't know why. For whatever reason, I was like, what the fuck, Wendy, this is fascinating, and then I did a eumail and I got into a deep dive of hollowing. Anyway, so before telephones, radio electricity, all of that stuff, people needed to communicate, and mainly farmers out on their farms.
Speaker 2: So if they were working.
Speaker 1: In like the same area but quite a distance apart, they'd use hollering to communicate, like that is how the communicate. So they would have a rhythm that would create an echo and travel a long distance. So they'd be standing there and they'd be like, I've got a chat to I've got to let John know that there's a plague of fucking brown snakes here, so I'm going to holler to him. So there are four types of holors. I know, thank you for.
Speaker 2: Of you in my life.
Speaker 1: I know this is a you. This is a you. Lucky dip, is it not. So there's functional hollering. So that's if you need something. So again, John, I need you to bring your tractor over and then there would be a horror that would let John know I need a functional Oh, this is a functional houler brings something. There's communication like good morning, so like a language. Yeah, it's like a kind of a language. So you wo'd get out there and you would holler, and it could be like the tone and inflection of your holler lets them know what kind of what one of these four holos it is. And there is distress obviously, which would be an intense duck yeah, exactly, and then expressive, which is just for fun. And that could be done in form in like ways of tunes or diddy. So how Wendy was doing that diddy? That was a former hollering So she could be out with the sheep, and then the other farmers would go, geez, Wendy's having such a great time out there.
Speaker 2: With the sheep. Sounds like she certainly is having a good time with the.
Speaker 1: Sheerestly and they do. They still holler in some parts, like You've got to think of really remote parts of the world. I guess in some countries where there still is an electricity, or you know where they live, yoldie, or in tribes, they use different kinds of hollering. Like it is still a part of some places of the world, and they also do hollering competitions like like who's the best, Who's the best hollerer? Yes, I got into a deep dive on YouTube of all the different hollerings and stuff like that. It reminds me a bit of yodling, Like remember, I feel like when we were younger, yodling was a thing. Like you never hear about yodling anymore.
Speaker 2: No, because it's probably something that has sort of died out for good reason. Maybe people are embarrassed now because it's like it would be imagine a kid at school.
Speaker 1: Mark stopped yodling, and Mark just in the playground yodling his little face off. The only kind of yodling I remember was from the sound of music.
Speaker 2: It's quite brilliant. Really, I was.
Speaker 1: Thinking it would be so hard, like give it a go.
Speaker 2: I can't you know what though, I do remember there was a girl on one of those talent shows here like Faces or something, right, blonde hair. She did the whole circuit at one point, igin the throat control recording.
Speaker 1: It's really tongue like, oh my god, I wish I could do it that.
Speaker 2: This is so funny because it's just the hollering has reminded me. Mark used to do this thing that used to fucking give me the shits, but it was also effective if we were out somewhere, say we were doing the shopping. This was earlier on in our marrying God. He used to do this thing where if we were separated, he'd go to call God, but almost like calling a dog. Oh my God, Like it was a joke, Like he'd do it as a joke at the start that.
Speaker 1: Would be cute. Now it would be infuriating, but it.
Speaker 2: Was so like I knew it was him straight away.
Speaker 1: So when he do it, like he'd be in the fruit section and you'd be.
Speaker 2: I know, I'd be like, and it would always end up laughing because it was that concept of like, come here, woman, that is or whatever doing that funny. But that's really probably what it was. He was hollering.
Speaker 1: He was hollering at you. Remember when you're a kid, you go.
Speaker 2: Like, that's a.
Speaker 1: You've never co eat no, no, craybe, I haven't. No. I think that was good.
Speaker 2: That was good. You would have done that with a friend who lived a couple doors down.
Speaker 1: I feel like I would have done it on school camp or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you probably would have shown you bullsh on school without doubt.
Speaker 1: Hey, guys, dare me to show me bush?
Speaker 2: Why am I that girl you know everyone needs? And you know what, everyone remembers that girl exactly.
Speaker 1: That's why you don't want to be that good? Remember when Katie showed hers her bush on you eate camp.
Speaker 2: You don't want to be totally forgettable. Who wants to be forgettable?
Speaker 1: Just on a side note, I've never shown anyone my bush.
Speaker 2: I haven't you've shown me Vagianta before. There is no bush there.
Speaker 1: Well, it's beautiful, is it not?
Speaker 2: It's it's penful. It looks very much like mine when I saw it, it looks it looks like mine. They look like little twins? Why did I show you? Like? Listen, I think I'm sure I've told this story before you. Me and Stace went away for the weekend in Lawn in twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Twenty twenty. How do you remember that? It's like old people always remember the years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, cool, be calling me old. But and we were unpacking stuff and we're just standing in the kitchen and you just pulled your pants down and looked at me and showed me your vagina and I was all your volva and I was just like, what are you doing? Just a reorg laugh yeah, great laugh.
Speaker 1: Would have been for a reaction. See that's something Stace would never do. You two would never do. So do it for shock that walue.
Speaker 2: You know what, I'd probably say something very that would be my thing. You do it, I say it. Stace keeps it in.
Speaker 1: Yeah she does. Remember Mark, your husband made us.
Speaker 2: A securitary board.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was yam, lots of different meats and we sat out on the balcony and there was Crooker Bars Australia.
Speaker 2: Yeah. You and Stays had to push me up that hill because you wanted to walk to dinner full and we were up on that really big, very steep It was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right. Anyway, reminiscing over, can you just play a tiny bit of Wendy again? Bye? Everyone, thanks for listening.
Speaker 2: Chop now, love yous