Speaker 1: Let's go click Chrissy's clickab Well.
Speaker 2: Finally the bell is ringing on the on the shop door one last time. Lynn McGranger, the Great Irene from Home and Away, is hanging up the apron. Oh, I know.
Speaker 1: I mean, I haven't watched it for twenty years, but still I love it.
Speaker 2: When I did it, I've actually never watched it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're a neighbor's gal.
Speaker 2: I've just never watched one episode. I don't know why, but you don't really need to for it to be part of your DNA.
Speaker 1: No. I feel like as an Aussie, you have to know Irene an alf of course.
Speaker 2: I know. Yeahby Creek, I know, you know, I know it all. What I love about Lynn McGranger is just how matter of fact she is. She's like, I'm not going to live forever. Particularly if I keep doing fourteen hour days. You get a bit tired, you need to sleep, You've got a bad night, You pay the price the next time. My body's not as resilient as it once was. To remember she had that great She wrote a book about her life, Yes, and our favorite quote from it this is a few years ago, now, four or five years ago.
Speaker 1: Like four years ago, We enjoyed this so much at the time, and.
Speaker 2: She's such a good sport about it, Like we shall get her on the show and get her to talk about it some more, because it's like, you know, it's like your grandmother talking about weed. It's heaven. She goes, she goes, it's going to be totally scandalous. And it was not just a little bit of marijuana. I smoked a lot of dope. Here's our favorite line.
Speaker 1: I just loved it. I just loved it. I just loved it.
Speaker 2: Smoke joints. She said. She stopped tobacco, she goes, because that's like rolling up a dog turt.
Speaker 1: I hope Lynn gets back on it once she puts the scripts away.
Speaker 2: I just hope she doesn't disappear, because she's heaven.
Speaker 1: She is Heaven. Maybe she'll rock up on the jungle or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, altly she will.
Speaker 1: She says she's going to go to Japan for a little holiday. No, lean have a big holiday. After thirty three years, you've earned a luxurious long holiday.
Speaker 2: Nineteen ninety three, she started, ah out.
Speaker 1: I mean, ray Mar's been there since nineteen eighty eight, eighty eight, and he is eighty What a man that.
Speaker 2: Is extraordinary old eight in Nikademu, she takes over the mantle.
Speaker 1: Now, is she still with James Stewart?
Speaker 2: I think so, Kiddy so and I haven't heard anything. Tom's working, so he doesn't know what we're talking about. Now, Rihanna, let's talk about her. She's teased her album again. Now I'm getting sick of this. I'm getting sick of these promises. Eight years she's been working on this album.
Speaker 1: Just how long does it take?
Speaker 2: Come on?
Speaker 1: I mean Billie Eilish and the likes of can pump one out in two years?
Speaker 2: I mean, look fair is fair? She's had a lot of other stuff on. She's had all that fenty business. She's also had two babies fairly close because her succession.
Speaker 1: It's actually been nine years. Jan twenty eight, twenty sixteen, Auntie was released.
Speaker 2: And that's her favorite album. She said she doesn't want to listen to any of her other She doesn't want to listen to any of the album She hates them all apart from Anti.
Speaker 1: Really yeah, well, my favorite one of my favorite songs of her is actually know I think it is my favorite needed Me, which she sung at karaoke terribly. He's on Anti enjoy it les go Heaven you me?
Speaker 2: It's so good. But you know, if Rihanna can't sing it at a karaoke joint, it shouldn't be on the books anywhere.
Speaker 1: What about enough? This is on Anti Yes.
Speaker 2: Featuring Drake.
Speaker 1: Kiss it better? Do you know this?
Speaker 2: Yes? I do? What's consideration? Am I throwing you in the deep end?
Speaker 1: Now you are there? Ask me what love on the brain is?
Speaker 2: What's on the brain on the brain.
Speaker 1: And the Keith person monsa.
Speaker 2: It is a great album I've forgotten and I'm going to get back onto that.
Speaker 1: I hope she sticks with that vibe. Me too, like a bit dark and well, this one's.
Speaker 2: A bit motowny, a bit solely I reckon. Yeah, I'm looking forward to it. I'm looking at a gorgeous photograph of her juicy bobb in there.
Speaker 1: That is a good butt.
Speaker 2: Magic anyway, Look, good luck at the album out, Please be waiting The Chrissy Swan Show, The Chrissy Swan Show, Chrissy's click Fit. I'm worried, Jack, I'm worried about Justin Bieber, really really worried. Did you see that footage? I mean we've already talked about it, so I know that you have of him, Like, what do they call it? No, they're goooning. He's almost good. He's got this weird smile on his face and he's.
Speaker 1: He's girning at some fans. I think it was an event for Haley Beaver's brand last week and it went viral on TikTok because it was quite concerning.
Speaker 2: It felt like he didn't know, he'd forgotten how to act, and he was like, this is what you do when you see a person, you smile. Yes, it was really odd. And there's been a few other bits and bobs. Most recently he's had a crack at the paparazzi, which is sort of his thing.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Why do you thank me because you're the best room than no? Thank youspectful? Thank me because I'm not asking to be here. You know what I mean? Okay, brother, I'm just I'm just saying. I'm just saying thank you for everything you do for us. But what I'm saying I don't want you to be here, so when you thank me, it's disrespectful. Just take your pictures and let me do my thing. Yeah, I agree to you, I do, but at this point I just I feel for him because it's like, bro, they're never going to leave you alone. Now, it's it's it's such a tricky scenario for him.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at this photograph. He looks like he died four weeks ago and someone's wrapped him up in a douner he does. It's like weekended Bernie.
Speaker 1: And I love a baggy like low crotch pant, but that is next level.
Speaker 2: No, they're falling down. I can see he's underpants anyway. Rep say, come on, He's fine, of course, they say, they say, listen, he's just going through a bit. The last year has been very transformative for him. He ended some close relationships and business relationships, and now he's moving on with his life.
Speaker 1: There's another relationship he needs to end with a certain someone, but that someone that wears a bum bag.
Speaker 2: Me, No, what have I done? Legally? Yeah, there's something going on there and call it. Do you think he and Haley are gonna make it?
Speaker 1: I get really nice, beautiful, warm vibes from her, and I think she'll want to stand by him, especially now that they've got a son together. Jack.
Speaker 2: It'd be like, you know, if she goes, what's the point ye all right, Kylie Minoga Girl has received a commemorative star at Melbourne Park. After thirty five years.
Speaker 1: Of concerts, she has earned that star.
Speaker 2: Tell me about the show that you went to on Friday, Swanny.
Speaker 1: It was as you would say, it was life affirming.
Speaker 2: Oh god, I knew it would be.
Speaker 1: Rod Labor Arena here in Melbourne. She absolutely nailed it better than I thought she was going to be. It was so incredible to see everyone standing the whole time. Yeah, like everyone just really feeling the love in the room. I've got a few highlights. Three highlights in my top three songs she performed.
Speaker 2: Was this.
Speaker 1: I've forgotten it is such a bop. And then also remember I said to her when we interviewed her last year that she needs to release hold Onto Now as a single. She sung that live.
Speaker 2: God, I wish there was a disco ball here. I was wearing red. Of course she did.
Speaker 1: And then she did a little a cappella number and she asked the crowd what they would like her to sing. I'm sure some of it's pre planned, but she sung your disco needs you and She's your favorite that song. Wow, shout out to everyone in Brisbane. I believe that is where she's performing next on Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, absolutely magical.
Speaker 1: Not check this out.
Speaker 2: The Chrissy Swan Show is a Nova podcast. For more great comedy shows like this, head to novapodcast, dot com, dot a you