Speaker 1: Lately.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the Late Debase.
Speaker 3: Good evening, and welcome to the program. I'm Caleb Bond with Liz Storer and Joe Hildebrand. Well, what happens when gay rights activists and pro Palestinian activists meet in the street. It's not exactly tea and biscuits. We'll show you that later in the show when we.
Speaker 2: Get to the papers.
Speaker 3: The federal government has come up with an ingenious way to get more people into the military. Will tell you what it is. And politicians, really they should not try to be cool.
Speaker 2: It never works. It's always bad.
Speaker 3: And we have for you a forty four gallon drumsworth of cringe worthiness to show you later in the show. But first, Anthony Fauci, of course, the former Chief Medical Advisor to the US, best known for hits such as I Loved the nightlife before lockdowns came to town. No kissing in the back row of the movies because you're wearing a mask. And then we all know that he co wrote the song Don't Stand so Close to Me for the police.
Speaker 2: Well, it's turned.
Speaker 3: Out that everything he came up with during the pandemic, or at least a lot of it, was.
Speaker 2: All made up.
Speaker 3: Today US time, he is due to give testimony for the first time since his retirement at a public inquiry into COVID, but earlier in the year he sat down for a two day, fourteen hour interview behind closed doors. Well the transcript of that interview has been released, in which he has asked some pretty pertinent questions about decisions that were made at the time, such as, you know, when we decided that we would have social distancing, which in the US he decided would be six foot, was there any basis for that? Had he read any studies that suggested that six foot would work? He said, you know, I don't recall. It just sort of appeared out of thin air. Presumably he was not aware, he said, of any status that supported the concept of social distancing, and that it would be very difficult to conduct any such study. He was also asked if he had followed any studies into mask wearing on children. He said no. He paid no attention to the impact on children that it had caused, including that they couldn't read the words coming out of teacher's mouths, and that that, of course had affected their learning ability.
Speaker 2: He had not.
Speaker 3: Looked into whether this would be a problem before he instituted those rules. He's even admitted that the lab leak, which he four years ago poo pooed as a conspiracy theory, was a possibility. Isn't it amazing how all these things start to come undone. All these rules that we were told we had to follow for our own safety were not based on fact.
Speaker 2: They were basically pulled out of thin air.
Speaker 3: I think many people, including me, will be pulling out the popcorn for him his testimony overnight. I suspect that his discussions with his advisers and in his testimony tomorrow might go something like this.
Speaker 2: What am I going to say?
Speaker 1: Tell them? You make him me say?
Speaker 4: Brilliant?
Speaker 3: Brilliant?
Speaker 1: Is that what made Brittain great?
Speaker 3: Hand?
Speaker 1: Thirstfully?
Speaker 3: And I'm so sorry, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, but my wife has made a mistake.
Speaker 5: I don't know how she did, but she's made a complete putting in the whole thing.
Speaker 3: Is he was a little bit perfect? Right? Would say I saw it all that, I'm faithful this im but you know what, women and they got one break between the lot and what not all but.
Speaker 5: I mean something, So please do stare and see all later on.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much because quite frankly, what else is he going to say? How is he going to dig himself out of this one? Li is? I mean, you know the blook the chief medical advisor, who you would hope was making decisions when we're told constant during COVID you know, or it's all based on the medical advice.
Speaker 2: It's the medical advice, the.
Speaker 3: Medical advice, and the medical advice it turns out, was literally made up on the spot with no evidence whatsoever.
Speaker 4: Trust the experts, ladies and gentlemen, Trust the experts.
Speaker 1: Little wonder this.
Speaker 4: Guy stepped down in December twenty two after fifty four years of working in government. Can you imagine how many palms you grease, how many deals behind closed doors you strike?
Speaker 1: Four years in government? What was that show?
Speaker 4: How bigs is, how big pension is, which this guy is the best paid in pension terms federal employee ever. He's stepped away with over four hundred and seventeen thousand dollars annually.
Speaker 1: For the rest of his life.
Speaker 4: This is the legacy of the face of the US COVID response. And get this, during during the pandemic, when his views were in vogue and he was basically the messiah of.
Speaker 1: The US and could do no wrong.
Speaker 4: He was more than happy to hand down these edicts and implore us to follow the science. But this was one of the many guys who said that the science said that the vaccine stopped transmission.
Speaker 1: The science is very clear on that now.
Speaker 4: But everything he said, he was so bulshy about it at the time, and in the succeeding years he's slowly not taken responsibility and said I made a mistake.
Speaker 1: I don't think you'll ever hear.
Speaker 4: Those words come out of Fauci's mouth, But instead it's always complete denial, like oh, he's literally said, I've never locked down schools. I was never a party to that whatsoever. There's zero responsibility. In my books, that's the kind of guy he is. There's a lot of articles written about the narcissism of this, and he's simply, in his own eyes, ten do no wrong joke.
Speaker 5: I think it's about more than Fauci as a man. I think the problem is not so much that there wasn't a sort of perfect settled science on say, social distancing or mask wearing. Right now. I remember listening to the radio when people were saying, no, don't wear masks because you're more likely to fidge it with your face, you're more likely to touch yourself as you adjust it, and there you'refore you're more likely to transmit the disease. And I remember someone saying, yeah, there's not really any studies into mask wearing, whether it's effective, and things like this, we should probably do one, And then suddenly it's wear a mask otherwise you're killing people, and you're killing grandma and you're a murderous psychopath. And so again, I think if you had just said these things, if these guidelines had been as said, Look, it's probably just common sense that you're less likely to spread the disease, especially if it's going through you know, if it's water borne on you know, spittle or whatever, it's grost. But you know, if you're two meters away from someone, you're probably less likely to give it to them. Then if you know, it's probably better if you wash your hands. These are the guys like the fault. The problem was that this kind of you know, vibe was turned into a horrendously nasty and politically charged kind of doctrine or orthodoxy that forced people to do things. So again, was there probably was there a justification for some social distinct some restridents. Absolutely. Does this mean we had to shut down schools or children's playgrounds. Absolutely not. But because people turned this kind of thing into a sort of almost a messianic cause, and people were staking their virtue on it but also staking their political capital on it and looking at how popular it was making them. By beating back this disease that everyone was scared of, you had this old sort of one two trick where you terrorize people about how deadly the disease is. Then you go even harder than you need to over it, and people go, thank you, dear God, thank you, dear leader for saving us from the disease. And so it's not necessarily the fault of an inni science. It's a fault of that being weaponized by scared and quite frankly often ignorant people with no sense of proportion, but also that being exploited and manipulated by governments and public health efficients for their own standing.
Speaker 3: Well was the point where it turned into mandate and drive and rule, where it became a problem because you can you can have a you can have a doctor stand there and say we think on the balance of probabilities that it's probably better if you don't stand so close to someone. Fine, you can choose whether or not you take that into account.
Speaker 5: Stand don't someone, then you're an evil killer and you need to be shots.
Speaker 3: And if you don't do it, there will be a rule to say you can be punished for doing it.
Speaker 2: I mean, you never forget that.
Speaker 3: Here in Australia, you know, we had people terrorized in parks for sitting there having a cup of coffee in the morning with no one else around them, because that was supposedly a danger.
Speaker 2: It was so patently stupid.
Speaker 3: And what keeps coming to light is that these decisions were not made on the basis of any evidence.
Speaker 2: They were made on.
Speaker 3: The basis of, well, maybe that's the right thing to do. And it's fine to tell people what you think is the right thing to do. But when you then start saying you're going to copy fine because you were sitting in the park at ten am having a cup of coffee when you were literally.
Speaker 2: Of no danger to anyone.
Speaker 3: And by the way, there is still no evidence anywhere in the world of transmission outdoors.
Speaker 2: That's when it became.
Speaker 3: A joke, and that's what people like Fauci and the various Chief Medical offices and chief health officers in this country allowed to happen. I mean remember in South Australia when they went into lockdown pat football in know there was that, But in November of twenty twenty they went into lockdown because Nikolas Spurria thought that COVID had been transmitted on a pizza box.
Speaker 4: I mean, there was no.
Speaker 5: Evidence anywhere in the whole formula where you have a very preachy, judge, comfortable inner city progressive class telling everyone else what they have to do for their own good, really your own and it's the same thing. And again I say this as someone who wants to see action on these things, but it is just so damaged. You see the same thing on climate change, the same thing on COVID, this catastrophism, this certainty, and the shaming of anyone who dares question it or who dares suggest a more moderate approach. And then of course when a crack appears in that certainty, when a cheek appears in that certainty among say mask wearing or social distancing people on the other well it's all bullshit. Then it's all rubbish, and so they throw the baby out with the bathroot, and some people are saying all vaccines are killing everybody and again, so you've got an extreme position on this side leads to the very extreme position on that side that this light think that they're actually trying to suppress, they're fueling it. I mean, you could write a formula for it. It's like going after Donald Trump for paying hush mantivers storming Daniels. The harder you go, and the more indignant and judgy and morally pure you make yourself out to be and morally impure you make your opponents out to be, the more you actually make people just look at you. We know what you're wrong. You're a wanker. Maybe you're the one who's hysterical. Maybe you're the one who's and fount She.
Speaker 4: Was also responsible, because of his seniority, for demonizing any doctors who were saying, you're asking us to choose between never being able to practice again in giving individual advice to individuals who we know their medical history. Very intimately, you're asking us to choose between that. You're basically asking us to throw our duty out the window and just follow you come what may. There's also the issue of the gain of function research, which throughout his career he'd been a very big advocate for public funding of gain of function research, and everyone was told, oh, no, the US hasn't got any publicly funded gain of function research happening in Wohnt.
Speaker 1: Yes they did.
Speaker 4: That's another thing that everyone knows now it's rather common of fact. But again, who was one of the biggest cheerleaders saying oh no, nothing just here when it is inconceivable that he didn't know that, Yes, there was some US funded Now I'm not saying they were involved in COVID, but this manipulation.
Speaker 5: When you say something with absolute authority and say that anyone who dares suggest otherwise is a liar or malevolent or evil or stupid, and then suddenly one little thing, I mean, it's probably completely benign the game and function stuff they were doing, or funding.
Speaker 1: The gain of function. My definition is not benign. Is the manipulation of.
Speaker 4: Virus not to make them even more deadly and more transmissible.
Speaker 5: That is the may not get it may not have been the cause of COVID, It may not actually have been the result of COVID. We don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm not insinuated.
Speaker 5: But the point the point. The point is once a little again, once a cheek in the armor, like that, if you if instead of just being honest with people and saying, listen, this is what we think is probably the best thing to do. Use your common sense, you know, protect yourself as much you can. Here is the best advice if you give. Once you go from that to saying if you do not do this, you are evil or stupid or selfish, and then suddenly a chink in that armor appears, so a little bit of uncertainly peers. Suddenly people like your good self or others are completely within their rights. And then say, well, if you lied about this, and you told us that this was a matter of life and death, then who's to say you're not lying about all the other stuff. And so they end up just kicking over their own house of cards.
Speaker 3: And if only we would have a royal commission into all of this here, I mean, you know, we.
Speaker 2: Were promised, if only, and the best.
Speaker 3: We've had is some you know, weakers piss investigation where the premiers aren't even forced it to.
Speaker 5: There will be a release of the teams of documents as calling the latest decision in Victoria the admissive decisions. Tribunal I think it is has actually said, no, you have to hand over all the advice, you have to hand over all.
Speaker 1: Oh glory, so.
Speaker 5: Truth and nail.
Speaker 1: We can't wait.
Speaker 4: Let's no one holds your breath for them to deliver on that.
Speaker 1: But we all know that.
Speaker 4: Certainly most of you watching would be sick to death of welcome to countries. Well, the Department of Justice and Attorney General decided to take this to a whole new level. Recently, were bureaucrats working at one William Street during a welcome to country and an awards ceremony were asked to remove their shoes and wiggle their toes, close their eyes so they would.
Speaker 1: Feel more connected to the earth.
Speaker 4: My first question upon reading this was were they even outside or were they asked to do this? Because it's an award ceremony Unless you're outside, that doesn't even make any sense.
Speaker 5: What about and die Hard? When John mcclan takes his shoes off so we can scrunch up, helps him, helps him? We could we could have an entire army of bureaucrats who were finally in June to fighting terrorists with submachine guns.
Speaker 1: Because they've done daily ground.
Speaker 5: Crunched up the carpet and skyscraper under their little But they.
Speaker 3: Keep coming up with new ideas every day, new wig. Is it more to kill welcomes to country? I mean, last week we told you the story about a bloke who went to a job interview and was subjected to either a welcome or acknowledgment of country. Now we find out that at an award ceremony with all these public servants that they've got to take their shoes off. I mean, I could think of nothing more that would turn me off the idea of a welcome to country than all of my colleagues taking off their smelly shoes to unfool their smelly feet, to wiggle their toes around of it.
Speaker 4: I want to know how many browbeaten bureaucrats were like, well, I guess we got to or whether wether the the unspoken agreement as they looked at each other was like yeah, because they were asked to.
Speaker 5: It's kind of like they're taking the knee thing. It's kind of like and again it's that kind of collective show, like if you don't do this, you must be a racist or you must hate We've we've got to get to the bottom of this thank you for a mining mehab because I know we talked about the guy who got the welcomed country of the job in the country at the job interview. Does that mean if he didn't get the job, he's not welcome in the country.
Speaker 2: Ooh, that's a very good point. That is a very good.
Speaker 5: Surely, if it's a welcome to country, if you're doing it, you're saying, well, well, welcomed me here, part of the you're part of the family.
Speaker 2: You're not welcome anymore anyway.
Speaker 3: I think what we've learn is taking your shoes off to solve racism. Perhaps will pass that one onto Laura Tingle while we're in Queensland, because that was an event in Queensland. A large tract of Queensland has now been given over to the local Aboriginal population, or a portion of them anyway, through native title. We're talking about seven eight hundred square kilometers worth of land that stretches its way towards rock Hampton and it's the Barada Cabal Bara Yetti Malara people. And I'm sorry if I didn't pronounce that correctly, but they and given native title over this land through the Federal court. This month after a ten year fight. Now, of course, what happens with native title is someone makes an application claiming that they have an ancestral connection to this land.
Speaker 2: In this case, it's a small.
Speaker 3: Group of people who have traced their ancestry back to five people who they say were on the land at this time, and that then gives them the rights to perform certain ceremonies and have certain use of the land. They don't have freehold access to land, of course, under native title, but what it does give them is the ability to camp on the land. It gives them the ability to hunt on the land, and of course it allows them to make money off the land, and this is where it becomes important. They can't use it for commercial purposes. But what happens now is you have these Aboriginal land corporations set up and they then deal with government outfits and electricity companies and whatever when they look to do any kind of work on the land. And we've seen a few examples of this out of South Australia, particularly the Barangala people, who of course were successful in scuppering a nuclear waste dump near Kimber because they had so much money in the bank that they were able to go off to the court and fight it. Now they're also fighting against a desalination plant because they say the place where it will go will interrupt some old fish traps in the water. And the way these land corporations make their money is by doing deals with big business, particularly electricity companies and mining companies that want to do stuff on the land. You know, they do cultural studies and they advise them on where they should or should not go, and for that they get millions and millions of dollars. So through native title they actually build up a big bank by which they can start dictating to government and everyone else what they should and should not be allowed to do.
Speaker 2: I have no issue with.
Speaker 3: Saying, sure, come through and hunt on the land. I particularly couldn't give a toss. But when it starts turning into a venture that allows these land corporations that operate under different corporate law to the rest of corporate Australia. And if you go through and read some of their annual report, it's a bit murky as to where they are where the money goes.
Speaker 2: But they have real power now because of these.
Speaker 5: I had absolutely no problem with this whatsoever. As you say, there are often question marks over exactly how that money is spent and who it goes to. And there's often competing voices in the community, as often competing elders. So for example, there might be a bunch of people and you see this often with you know, Twiggy Forest minds. Quite famously, we have a bunch of Averaginal people who definitely want the mind to go ahead because they want the jobs that go with it and the betterment that go with it. And you have Aboriginal businesses that are often prioritized and these projects they should be. And that's good because we want to do things like tackle Indigenous employment and tackle Indigenous education, make sure that these guys, you know, have as much a strong future here as the rest of us. So often often you know, Indigenous people aren't just one sort of homogeneous thing, will think the same way. We know that and again sometime, look, we all know there were things like, you know, the ridiculousness of the secret women's business decades ago.
Speaker 2: That stopped the hind Marsh Island.
Speaker 5: We've been built to hein Marsh Island. But if it's if it's legit, and if it's actually doing it, I have no problem whatsoever you've got You know often you know big mining companies or energy companies making it absolute matza out of this land. It has been their land before we came along. If they're taking it, and if they're using that money, and if they're being reasonable and using that money for the betterment of their people, I have no problem with it whatsoever.
Speaker 2: But we don't have approve.
Speaker 4: How much of Queensland isn't native title now, because I still remember reading a ministerial media whatever they put out by Scott Stewart, who was the Minister of Resources back in July twenty one for Queensland, saying veryly that now one third of Queensland was recognized as native title, and I remember thinking at the time, gee, whiz okay, that's a fair whack. Now we're talking about another chunk. And I don't know how much has happened in between that, but we are now talking about ginormous packages of land. Check Out this map of the entire nation which is on the government's website. This is the native title state of play ten years ago. They haven't gotten updated one on their website. Why is that government, mister transparency so blue? It islaments, the claimant native title is approved, the dark green is sorry, the blue is there. There's claims in place, So who knows what that looks like now because ten.
Speaker 1: Years ago those claims are in place.
Speaker 4: The dark green that is exclusive natal Native title r. The pale green is non exclusive natal Native title territory. So when we talk about native title and we talk about these parcels of land now being recognized as a native title, I always just remember this map because there's already.
Speaker 5: Affect none of those I just told you.
Speaker 1: Affecting our lives. We've got a decil in.
Speaker 5: Terms of people are having in terms of people have a millions waste of square kilometers who want to develop it or want to use it for mining or agriculture or whatever. Yes, they have to go.
Speaker 1: How it affecting our lives. You just heard how it's affecting our lives.
Speaker 4: Nation building projects are getting scuppered because a handful of Indigenous Australians are saying no, you don't like it.
Speaker 5: So it seems like this get contested all the time. There's a decl nation plant that was proposed for Sydney that Penny people opposed that it wasn't indigenous people. It was everyone else.
Speaker 4: Well, this is a rather no, because in the case of the nuclear dumping Campbell, wasn't.
Speaker 2: It kim Kimber.
Speaker 1: My apology I need.
Speaker 2: Campus people of Kimber.
Speaker 1: Literally went to a vote.
Speaker 4: Over sixty percent of them said yes, we want this nuclear waste dump. It'll bring us jobs, et cetera, and so on. The Bongala people who got that scuppered weren't included in the vote because.
Speaker 1: They didn't live there.
Speaker 4: They were actually just reaching far too a thingle to be like this thing in Kimber.
Speaker 5: There are plenty of There are plenty of people. There are plenty of residents action groups that as wide as the driven snow, that oppose everything, including you know, it's half the reason we've got a housing shortage, about plenty of mosques opposing plenty of nuclear reactors power. And I think just to single out one particular group across the entire nation.
Speaker 2: But I can.
Speaker 3: I can go off and start, and you know, let's use my example. I live in the inner West of Sydney amongst all the lefties. So I don't think my residence group's going to get much support, but I can start the Inner West action group or whatever it might be. But I can't just go around making money out of surveys that have been done on the land, because you know, I only have the patch of land that I live in, whereas, of course with native title, they get vast tracts of land from which they are being able to make money that flows into They didn't live on it.
Speaker 2: They weren't there years ago, were they.
Speaker 3: Well sure, I mean my ancestors lived on land near gaul Or in South Australia.
Speaker 2: But I don't have any claims to.
Speaker 5: That land, to it. But this is land that your parents, land that your parents had would come down to You understand that the land gets bequeathed down the generations, right, you have a will, you might get your parents house when they pass on, you might give your house to them down the track. You know how that works, right, So.
Speaker 1: It's a very different system.
Speaker 5: But sure, so you know that like terror nullius no longer applies. But they had the land, but we have come.
Speaker 3: But you're suggesting that from that point onwards that Aboriginal people have been removed from the ability to gain freehold old land.
Speaker 5: They haven't, no, but they have been removed from the land that they lived on.
Speaker 3: But what do you think haven't in every other country on the face of the planet when.
Speaker 5: All data Title says is all right, you just have to consult these people on these things. And yes, sometimes money changes hands, or sometimes people want projects to go ahead. Sometimes they don't want projects to go ahead. It's not a cookie cutter approach where they're just blocking everything. And usually when they're blocking something that everyone else wants, it gets called out and it gets found out. And that's why you have things like the hind Marsh Bridge, or like the nuclear dump site. I guarantee you there'll be plenty of non Indigenous people who wouldn't want a nuclear dump site anywhere near their looks.
Speaker 4: The majority small handful of people who by.
Speaker 2: Virtue have a four handful of blocking.
Speaker 5: Look at Western City Airport. Look at Western City Airport. It took seventy years to get off the ground.
Speaker 1: Because all hands talking about.
Speaker 5: People complaining about aircraft in.
Speaker 1: The past come bearable. And you know it, that was not of Native title. That's a pile of people saying.
Speaker 5: I don't want to pile.
Speaker 1: They are valid concerns.
Speaker 4: Everyone's I don't want the value of my house because I'm in the flight path being being made.
Speaker 5: We should have blocked the airport from people who bought their house thereafter already been zoned for an airport. But we should not even consult with people have lived on the land.
Speaker 4: They have never this generation of Asis have never lived on the land in the way that you're describing. As far as I'm concerned, and as far as many Aussies are concerned, they have no more claims to land.
Speaker 5: Then you don't.
Speaker 1: You can still say that.
Speaker 2: But they're not living in the communities, Joe. You know that.
Speaker 3: And the people who were you talking about that, the people who end up in charge of these Aboriginal land corporations that then rather they don't.
Speaker 2: I didn't say none of them, not all of them live in the community.
Speaker 3: You know that most of them, dear anyway, Let's move on to Pride Month in the US. If you weren't aware, incase you probably are aware, because it's a bit hard not to take note as June is set aside in its entirety for Pride Month, and we know how much time everyone else gets.
Speaker 2: Usually get a day.
Speaker 3: If you're very lucky, you'll get a week, But if you are LGBTQ plus whatever you might want to add on the end, you get an entire month, and they've kicked off in the US with the Navy. Of course, there's nothing else to worry about in the US at the moment. There's no rising China, nothing else with which they should be concerned. They have joined in, of course, the chorus of virtue signaling that unfurls at this time.
Speaker 2: Of year every year.
Speaker 3: Take a look at this post here from the Navy Seals talking up how important this time of year is, you know, a dignity, service, spector quality.
Speaker 2: On and on it goes. It staggers me.
Speaker 3: Every corporate outfit, nearly every corporate outfit in the world this time of year decides that they're going to slap something on their Facebook page or slap something on their Twitter page right and say.
Speaker 2: Oh, look at us.
Speaker 3: You know, we're all on board with lgbt isn't it lovely? It's all about pride. If you go and check their pages over in the Middle East. Of course, the Navy Seals don't have a page over in the Middle East, but you go and check all these businesses and their stuff in the Middle East. There's no mention of pride anywhere is the It is the ultimate corporate It's the ultimate corporate virtue signaling, and it means absolutely nothing.
Speaker 2: I mean and no wonder.
Speaker 3: We talked about this on the showdown last night, Joe, But I mean, no wonder. People don't want to sign up to the military. And we'll get to that in the papers as well a bit later. When you know, I think I'm going off to defend my country. No, We're actually going to talk about pride.
Speaker 2: Isn't that?
Speaker 1: Forever?
Speaker 4: Everyone in America this meme that you're about to seize an accurate depiction of their life during the month of June.
Speaker 1: They just want to go about their lives and they have this Can we get that meme up?
Speaker 4: They have this propaganda basically funneled down their necks every single day.
Speaker 1: Oh that's not the one I had in mind.
Speaker 5: New South Wales also stood for naval special warfare.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 4: But of course this came to a head when pro Palestinian protesters clashed with a Pride parade, in which we see a wonderful example of the left eating itself because I think my issue is more important than yours, and you think your issue is more important than mine.
Speaker 1: Here's a little bit of how it went down.
Speaker 4: But Queers for Palestine right, So I would have thought it would have just turned into an even bigger party. Here's a little clip of a fellow in Palestine. It's actually longer than this, but we got it down to just one.
Speaker 1: For you being us Queer's for Palestine. Are you happy for their support?
Speaker 2: Adam Palestine like you.
Speaker 1: Against that totally?
Speaker 3: Why why don't you need the support?
Speaker 1: But I'm.
Speaker 4: Madame Pales, but I'm he said that was to say it is against for general being engaged. Maybe we should show that to Quiz for Palestine and see how much their support fares in the face of that. But here's the mem I was trying to get up earlier, of people.
Speaker 1: Just trying to live their lives, try to go about their business.
Speaker 4: And as you and I know, when Marti Gras is in town, it's a little bit similar. There is absolutely no way of going about your everyday life without having some sort of LGBTI propaganda shoved down your throat, even if you just ventured out for a cough.
Speaker 3: I mean, at least Marti Gras is a one night event, and I know it sort of morphs out into a week. But I mean, seriously, why do you need an entire month for Pride? When we talked about the Navy Seals before, I mean, you know here in Australia, if you're in the military, you get Anzac Day and you get Remembrance Day. But you know, if you gay, you get a full month. Why do you need an entire month for Pride?
Speaker 2: Why can't you just have you one day?
Speaker 5: Maybe they get it done. You know, you got to think about, Hey, look what you're gonna do. You're gonna tell where you're going to go, what you're going to order. Come on, it's a party. You got to relax, Oh, come on it.
Speaker 2: But it's just out of control. And have a look at this out of Orlando. This is a hotel.
Speaker 3: The hotel had been hired out for an event for Pride month. And if we've got a photo here, I think of this teddy Bear bondage themed teddy Bear that was shown out the front of the hotel.
Speaker 2: We don't have a photo of it, sorry, but it was just the whole thing.
Speaker 3: Well, put it this way, put it this way.
Speaker 2: It's a peak.
Speaker 3: It is a pink to purple inflatable teddy bear that would be about ten to eleven foot high with a ball gag in its mouth and bondage gear on.
Speaker 2: Right now, I looked at this well.
Speaker 3: I didn't have to look at it for very long to gather what was on it.
Speaker 2: But now the hotel, it didn't speak for itself the hotel. The hotel received complaints and they took it down. What is surprise?
Speaker 3: Why even do that in the first place. I've always said, what you do in the bedroom is none of my business. Keep the government out of the bedroom, and that's exactly how it should be.
Speaker 2: But the bedroom is no longer in the bedroom. The bedroom is everywhere for these kinds.
Speaker 1: Of things, and it raises a lot of questions.
Speaker 4: Remember just last year we had some similar graffiti put up here in Sydney of I think it was also a teddy bear wearing bondage, and some legend went out there and painted over it. Liz saw a condoned graffiti right there, and I said on air, how great I thought that was. That I got several dms from people being like, oh, you liked my works, did you? Because when you're right, when it comes out of the bedroom and is flagrantly, especially using a Teddy bear, which again that's recognized as something kids gravitate towards, not question about.
Speaker 1: None of us want to know it's not that later show.
Speaker 5: Joe to be Bears, not Gilligans. There are no kids there, I can.
Speaker 4: Promise with that far more important matters now, Bill Shorten has decided. Although he says it wasn't his decision to have a speech writer being paid three hundred thousand dollars a year, this is more than most sitting MPs. Their base salary doesn't come near that, but he is him saying, yeah, look, it wasn't even my decision.
Speaker 1: I just ended up with this guy. What am I supposed to do about it?
Speaker 6: I think that service the hiring of a speech writer was done by Service Australia. I had no idea what the payment was, so if you're trying to link me to that, you know, good luck. The point about it is the person involved is a speechwriter does a very good job. I'm not responsible for negotiating a contract.
Speaker 1: We would hope he does a very good job.
Speaker 4: Although your speech is don't quite reflect that.
Speaker 1: What do they should be guilted with gold? Right now?
Speaker 4: Also, this excuse of oh I didn't know, he was just handed to me.
Speaker 1: How was I supposed to know?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, now you're aware, you're not going to do anything about it. This is the minister responsible for welfare in this country.
Speaker 1: That's essentially what he looks at.
Speaker 7: After that, here he is while Australia suffers and groans underneath the cost of living crisis that is putting the middle class and everybody else underneath, to bringing them to their knees, and he was all.
Speaker 3: Like, hah, well he's also he's also the main responsible for, of course cutting the waist out of the nda IS. But before very good, before Julian Stewart writes into complain that you've missed jin her.
Speaker 2: She she is a woman.
Speaker 3: Before before she went off to work for Services Australia on three hundred thousand dollars a year, which like, if you're a staff or a speech writers as a political staff, you'd been on about one hundred and forty at the good end of things, so three hundred is pretty good going. But before going to Services Australia, Missus Stewart was a speech writer to Alan Joyce at Quantas, so I'm not sure how good an endurance and was then a speech right to the vice Chancellor of University of New South Wales. Now, I can't blame her for taking to three hundred thousand dollars a year.
Speaker 5: I understand she's not Bill Shorton's speech right, sure, but she is a woman. She is not Bill short and speech right. She's not employed, she.
Speaker 3: Is not in his she's not employed in his office. But part of her job description is to write speeches for Bill Shorten.
Speaker 5: Yes, but he clearly had no idea who she was, or why she'd been hired, or that she'd been hired, or how much you'd been hired for. So obviously, when you are a minister, you have departmental the aison officers, so you have people in your office who either are from the department to give you advice what they know based on being a public service, so they're non political, right, And you have people who, of course these services you can call upon if you want them, but they are not your staff. So he did not hire this speech writer, and indeed, if you had to hired a speech wrider would have been made. Well.
Speaker 3: Look, I think there is one question on many people's lifts and art, that is who leaked this story. Therein might lie some interesting bits and pieces. After the break we'll get into the papers. We'll talk about the ingenious idea from the federal government to get people into the military.
Speaker 2: They just won't be Australian that. After the break.
Speaker 3: Radio, let's get into the papers, starting with the Courier Mail tomorrow, where they say exclusive ADF's plans to fix recruitment crisis. An army of foreigners, foreign citizens, including New Zealanders presumably ones that Andrew Charles has had no connection to, and permanent residents from the UK, US, Canada and Pacific Island nations will be able to join the Australian Defense Force in a move to tackle the nation's military recruitment crisis. They've got to do something, I suppose to try and get people involved. But as we were talking about last night, I think part of the problem is that people don't want to defend their country because they've been told that there isn't much here worth defending, so why would you sign up in the first place. The population is far greater than it used to be, and yet we struggle to get enough people to fill spots in the military.
Speaker 1: And to their six point plan that they rolled out last year.
Speaker 2: We come on, we'bout six point plan.
Speaker 5: It's popular.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 4: As of January first, the ADF is seven percent, well over four three hundred people short of their authorized strength, which is something like six just over sixty five thousand. So clearly nothing's worked. This has been snowballing for years now, and I think the Career mail, I mean, good on them for the concerning headline, but when you read those countries New Zealand, UK, US, Canada, Spacific islander nations, you're like, here around, mates, that's okay.
Speaker 5: They're the people we'd be relying on to defend us anyway, like we're not going to be fighting China on our own. Spoiler alert. Also, this is exactly what This is exactly what made the Roman Empire last for one thousand years or two thousand years, depending on how you count it. Obviously, I like to go right up into the fall of Constantinople in the late obviously, but this is perfect. I think this is very, very sensible. And yes, we do have more people these days than we used to, but they're older. The reason why we have to rely on immigrants coming here and doing jobs for us, as well as joining our army is because we are not having enough babies. So unless you're getting out there and having one one for that and one for the country, you have no right to complain about immigration or foreigners.
Speaker 1: I can get behind, that's right. Yeah, come on people.
Speaker 5: Personally, I'm too pusched to push, so you can just get a cut out. It's fine anyway. How you doing that for another I've done that. I'm fine, that's right. Okay, Yeah you are you.
Speaker 3: One of these you know, small number of men that's actually had a child, Joe, because you said you didn't push, you had to cut out.
Speaker 5: Yes, that's well. Firstly, I find your assertion that men can't have children to be offensive. Stop stopped me.
Speaker 3: So tonight we've misjindered someone and now I have.
Speaker 2: Offended men who have babe.
Speaker 5: I am a very proud Okay, that's going to go. That's not the moving number of days since Charles last Blunder reads the front page of the Australian Spoiler Alert. Zero Immigration minnes Andrew Giles has admitted he falsely claimed criminals released from detention were being monitored by drones because it simply did not make any bloody sense whatsoever, even as he was saying, sorry, that's not what the story says. But how again, like what I don't honestly, I'm trying to feel sorry for Andrew Giles at this point, so we'll move on from that. I just don't understand, Like I don't feel so, is it like The Avengers where Falcon has a little buzzy drone just following people around or just hanging outside? What? How did he picture it in his head?
Speaker 4: It was Senator James Patterson's tweet today being like, here's Giles's drone whatever it is, drone program in action, and there's just some dude dancing around with this bird looking drone hovering around his kneecaps.
Speaker 1: So this is now just a running joke.
Speaker 4: But you're quite right, why would you even bother making up such a massive being like.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, everyone's safe. They're being monitored by drone.
Speaker 5: Saying the department this is advice he got from his career apartment.
Speaker 2: He's he's blaming.
Speaker 5: Let's pretend that you know you're Andrew Giles, you're the department. Oh well, you know, we're using drones to monitor detanism. How like, how how does that work, like what like, wouldn't you It's kind of like saying I've invented a cold fusion reactor using a pizza.
Speaker 2: But it just proves what it proves what a dunderplunker.
Speaker 5: This part from that, everything in the Albaneze government is going really really well.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, great.
Speaker 3: He is such a dunce that he was supposedly advised by the department that they were using drones to monitor these people, and then he's like, jeez, I really need an easy win here. I'm going to go into this interview with Kieran Gilbert and say that we're using these drones even though I've been given no further information on what they are, or how they work or how they do their job because they don't exist. But it's going to look good on Telly when I go on and tell Kira and that.
Speaker 2: Also now he's here apologizing it made.
Speaker 5: It's the same department who's blaming for giving him all the other misleading advice that he double check.
Speaker 3: That one he claimed that he didn't get the advice, and now he says.
Speaker 5: That it's say, how are we monitoring the detainees? You know, it was the Director General from the Department. Oh, we're using iron Man. We've got the flying Purple people letter comes in and chases them around the country. Anyway. Second, yeah, I liked it in the eyes my cat boss's career quote online. No, he hasn't got a website. It's on the line. Lawyers for Northern Territories Anti Corruption sheet. Oh god, I love the territory. Michael Riches offered his wife twenty thousand dollars to stop her complaint against him being decided in a court hearing, saying the matter would end the senior Laura for Enforcements officials career if it were to come in front of a judge. Well, you got that right.
Speaker 2: How dumb?
Speaker 3: I just don't under how dumb can you get? And like, not only are you just you know, some bloke doing it.
Speaker 2: You've got your lawyers.
Speaker 3: You are the anti corruption bloke and your lawyers have gone.
Speaker 5: Off to the white But this is honey, trust me, I'm an anti corruption officer. I know how bad this is going to look.
Speaker 1: Going to get me too good to the bright name of the herald Son.
Speaker 4: Now new SRL tax via the Suburban rail loop tax should be on the cards as the Allen government scrambles to find ways to plug the mega projects multi billion dollar black hole.
Speaker 1: Because that's what Victoria needs right now.
Speaker 4: Another tax, that's what you guys need down there.
Speaker 5: I mean, seriously, isn't the multi billion dollar black hole just another name for Victoria.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so far they've just ruled out not doing it, which means they're probably going to do it.
Speaker 5: That's right. Well, but I still don't have trained to the airport.
Speaker 2: No, they don't have it.
Speaker 3: They don't have anything because of course some round and round, but not to anywhere. The last time that there was actually a big infrastructure road infrastructure project in the pipeline, the East Westlink, mister Andrews got rid of it and then invented other ones that are far more expensive and you've.
Speaker 2: Got to pay for it. The States broke. Let's go to the advertisers tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Three year old Kindy's seven hundred and fifteen million dollar costs. The state budget will include seven hundred and fifteen million dollars over five years to deliver preschool for three year olds in South Australia. Kindy for Tops will be delivered to long day care providers from twenty twenty six and ow the kindergarteners will phase in between twenty twenty six and twenty twenty third twenty thirty two, because of course everyone has to be off being good little worker. But he's earning their attacks for the governments.
Speaker 5: How dare you be at hope brilliant? The universal preschool is the most brilliant I know, Dominic Parita.
Speaker 4: Yes, this is what Albany he has always SAIDNY one of universal kindy, universal preschool.
Speaker 1: How about you.
Speaker 4: Support mothers to stay at home with their own children, free money to give those kids over to you so that the state can raise them while these women go back to work, which is not where the vast majority of them one to be.
Speaker 1: They want to raise their own increase paral.
Speaker 5: They just interest the length of time and the rate.
Speaker 3: Ye.
Speaker 4: But because you've popped out a kid, I'm talking about staying at home and raising your own children instead of handing your little three year olds over.
Speaker 1: To the state to raise. Because the government just wants your tax money.
Speaker 3: Exactly, and as I've seen, as I've said many times, they should just give the money that they give to childcare subsidy to people cash in hand families if they want to look after the kids at home, but they don't do that because they don't make tax if you're not at work.
Speaker 2: Coming up after the break, we are going.
Speaker 3: To show you one of the most cringe worthy ofpisodes from a politician ever.
Speaker 2: I don't think it can be beat that's coming out now.
Speaker 3: Liz tell us about a senator in Canada who wanted to get down.
Speaker 2: With the youths.
Speaker 4: So she's presenting a bill to reduce the voting age to sixteen. Sounds a bit like the Greens. Maybe it's trendy amongst people with barely a firing neuron between them. So she thought, well, while I'm presenting this, I'm going to try and appeal to those young people.
Speaker 8: Here she goes, honorable fam reading the vote until eighteen is a big yikes and mad sugar. But as to a one hits different, today's youth slays and stays busting. That's why we got to give them.
Speaker 2: A chance to clap back.
Speaker 8: If not, how will we be able to see that they eat that up? No cap, This bill slaps and is electoral glow up. I am its number one stand for real MESSI thank you, nyaw with you.
Speaker 4: The harder they try to be cute, the more vomitous it is. Also, who's watching that and being like, oh, yeah, now I'm going to vote for it. Only the members in parliament get a vote for crying out loud like.
Speaker 5: That was meant to be a speech in favor of Laura.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: It's so.
Speaker 5: It looked like she was suffering from some kind of medical episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think she can do.
Speaker 4: You with your opposition being like the state of our sixteen year olds.
Speaker 1: This is how they talk. It's barely legible, and these guys should be allowed to vote.
Speaker 3: I think she was having an aneurysm at the time. Politicians, please just don't try to be cool.
Speaker 2: It never ever works.
Speaker 3: Before we go, there's a mob is set up in Manly in Sydney. They're calling themselves the Pea Patrol because apparently, particularly during summer, a bunch of drunken lauts like to go down to es Esplanade Park at Manly Cove and get on the beers, as Daniel Andrews once said, and they then go and urinate all over everyone's fences. And of course they've been complaining about this for a while, no one's been able to do anything about it. The area is colloquially known as the office in the local area, so the locals are now going around filming and taking photographs of people pissing on their fences in an effort to get rid of them.
Speaker 5: Although I was interested in the coverage of this cub because it says the revelers urinately outside homes are causing a quote world of pain. If that's happening, you really should consult.
Speaker 3: A do well. At the very least they're pissed off anyway. That's it from us to night up next to the rid of Paddy Show.