Speaker 1: Appochie, production, goal setting, yay signing.
Speaker 2: A lot of people have been asking.
Speaker 1: About all right, let's get straight into it. First step that I recommend doing, and I did speak about this on another episode, but obviously I'm going to give you all the steps is to clean everything out. I just think when you clean everything out in your external space, your internal mind is nice and clear, then you can get clarity or where you want to go, what you want to do, what you want to achieve. So I'm talking clean out your inbox, unsubscribed to all the brands and SALSI and all the stuff that you get, like the jump that you get in your inbox, Clean out your emails. Clean out your bedroom, your side draws, your free your freezer, your pantry, your back sheds, your car, literally anything where there is a cartrol. Yeah, your clothes, things that you're not using. If you have not worn that dress in the year, I guarantee you're not going to wear it, donate it, sell it, get rid of it. Same with your makeup, everything like kids, toys. Clean it out. It's such a good place to start, and I really feel like it gives you that momentum and that motivation to be like, Okay, what's my next step? So then my next step is to do a reflection on the previous year. So I really do a lot of journaling right down a lot. I just spent a lot of time by myself, actually, And when I sat by the beach for three hours the other day, Steve had been out all day working. I was with kids and it got to like four o'clock and I got home and I said, I'm just gonna go out for the afternoon and just have some time on myself. And I used our Grow and Glow Healing journal. I reflected a lot in that, and then I also did chapter nine, which is manifestation and goal setting, and I just really reflected on and I'm going to give you guys some journal prompts at the end, but like what's working, what's not? What did I hate from last year? What annoyed me? What was flowing? What wasn't? What do I want more of? How can I incorporate more? Like what are my steps? And just prompted after prompt and just wrote down so much and I got really really clear. So that's my next step.
Speaker 2: And I feel like this is something we need to do more regularly than once a year because the direction I want to move in what comes up, what we want to change, what we once might have like absolutely loved to what right now might be like, no, that's not serving me anymore? Is changing so often? Definitely, I feel like this is something like every few months.
Speaker 1: It's just like a monthly ordered even just to check in to make.
Speaker 2: Sure everything's learning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love those check ins, Oh so good. Definitely. The next thing that I do is I break it up into categories, so all of the things that I really value or break them up. So for me, it's like my health and fitness, my family connection with like friends, work, finances, travel and variety, and I'd break them up, write them all down. I have Steve got this massive sheet of paper and would write them out and then would do little dot points off from that. Soh in health and fitness, I want to do this, this and this, How am I going to do that? Once a week I book them for this da da da, and then I make my action plan for every single step because it's nice and fluffy to set some goals. If you don't have an action plan in place, and you're setting up a system to how to get there, you're probably gonna forget about them. You probably won't achieve them. So break it up and then break it down even more every single thing that you've broken up.
Speaker 2: Do you guys do your whole goal setting together?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: See, we did parts separately and then parts together.
Speaker 1: I had the session by myself the other day, right, I don't a.
Speaker 2: Reflection on my own too. But then with say like Loveless Rose, obviously it's both our business. We got into that together relationship. We sat down and like did together family together. But then like goal setting for like business like grow and glowing this like all different things that I had and different things he had and like what he wants more in his life. We did like went off separately for an hour each my own as well. We just did it all together and on a time limit too. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we just had a big bits of paper and we were talking the whole time. But we were discussing it together, and he'd be like, oh, hi, do I want to do this? I'm like, oh my gosh, what about this? So we just bounced off each other. Yeah, So definitely break it up, get really really clear on what's important to you, and then what do you want to achieve. And also like, don't be scared put something down even if it seems unachievable. You aren't putting things down that like scare you a little bit and take you outside your comment zone. You're probably gonna be in the same position this time.
Speaker 2: Just be brave, challenge yourself.
Speaker 1: No dreams too big, na, Like, who's to say that you can't make that much money or achieve that goal or do this and that.
Speaker 2: And the thing is when you set a huge goal like that, anyway, even if you meet it halfway, you probably done way better than you would if you were low balling yourself.
Speaker 1: So it's like go for it, definitely, and like progress is progress, yeah right, And sometimes your goals won't plan out to be exactly how you planned it out to be. But like you said, if you have made a step or four steps or ten steps, that's better than where you were a year ago and should be proud of that. Yeah, I think it's really important. This is a new thing, which I talk about at the end too, but breaking it up into realistic time frames. So when it comes to especially financial goals and like products that want to bring out for grow and glow, it's like last night we were actually mapping out when we're going to release these products and having realistic goals around that. Okay, realistically, like we probably need a couple of months to be able to do that, develop it, get the samples, do all the content for it, the website. Like, there's actually quite a big process. So make sure your goals are still like realistic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can.
Speaker 1: Dream big, but I think you need to be what do they call it realist? A realist? Yes? Yeah.
Speaker 2: And another thing too that I'd like to pop in there is when you sit down and you get really clear on what you're wanting to do, what you're wanting to achieve, you may look at that and go ooh, do I have the space to that?
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: It's also a time to reflect and be like, I'm going to have to let golf something. Yeah, if I want to go all ham in on this, I can't keep doing this. So it's a great time to look out your life and be like, Okay, if I want to do that, where can I make this room? Where can I sacrifice time elsewhere? Because it's all a sacrifice if you want to reach these amazing big goals and dreams, it is a sacrifice. That's what it comes down to.
Speaker 1: It'll really highlight what is actually important to you. Yeah, what's important to you're put in front of the other thing.
Speaker 2: You will Yeah, Parnies, I love that.
Speaker 1: And the last thing that I haven't quite done, but I've printed it all out is I created a vision board on Pinterest and then transported the photos over to Camber and then printed them out. And now I've got a big canvas that I actually want to, like a real life one. I don't like a vision board it's on my phone.
Speaker 2: No, I agree.
Speaker 1: I feel like cutting it out and making it look pretty and then having it in your bedroom. When you see it every day, you're getting into that energy and it's reminding you of what you want and you're constantly working towards you, like, yes, yes, that's what I want. Like, I don't know, it's just I love a good vision board.
Speaker 2: Something really cool that I want to do that I haven't actually done yet, but I did do this probably honestly, is probably five years ago now. I was listening to somebody talk about it and they said that they'd never manifested as much in their entire life as when they did this, So they wrote out a list of three hundred things. And you know the cool thing about writing out three hundred things is you include all the small things, all the big things. You think about things you're like, you know, I would like that. You write out a list of three hundred things, and then every day you don't need to read every single one, but you just flick through it. You flick through it. And that year when I did that, I cannot believe how many things that I ticked off that list, and how many things felt so out of reach that I'd actually ended up achieving.
Speaker 1: Because it's just in the forefront of your mind, right.
Speaker 2: And you're reminding yourself. So every day when you flick through the book, you're like, oh shit, I did say I want to do that, and you kind of holding yourself a.
Speaker 1: Bound in might take a step there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I haven't done that yet, but I do want to do that because I feel like, wow, it worked.
Speaker 1: Do you know what when you told me about that? It must have been about a year ago, ages ago. I wrote out a list, but I think I could only get to like seventy or eighty or something. How do care I get three hundred? In a lot of times yeah, but it was so cool to even just list out that many things. I was like, oh, and that seems big to want that or to get that, but I was like, fuck, yeah, why can't I not get that?
Speaker 2: But it can be little things too, looking like I want those new pair of shoes. Yeah, I've been eyeing those off. I want to save up and be able to get those or hard yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, putting it out there, manifesting it and getting really clear on what you do want, because if you're not clear, the universe can't deliver no way. So I love that make a big list. See. That was my last main point was just to creat a vision board. So that's kind of my step by step process.
Speaker 2: The main other thing that I've written here is let go of old habits and old stories as well. I feel like when you go down and you're writing a big list of all these things that you wanted to achieve or goals you want to do, it is a bit scary. It is a bit vulnerable, and you're fucking worthy. You deserve it. Go for it. Don't tell yourself or maybe I shouldn't write this, or maybe I shouldn't do that. Write it down there.
Speaker 1: There will be that little mean girl voice that pops up and says like you don't deserve that, or like you've tried that before and I do that you've failed that, or ye, like Mum and Dad said, I could never achieve that. Like those stories and little voices will pop up, but it doesn't mean it's the truth.
Speaker 2: No, And even like you said, set the big goal, even if you reach it halfway, if you set a goal that was only a tenth of that, at leash have gone that far.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and just be aware when those stories come up and those old beliefs catch them, like hang on. You can rewire your brain by changing the language and creating a new story. But it takes repetition after repetition after repetition, just like going to the gym so you get stronger. That's how you grow that muscle. It's the same with your mind.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: There's a clip that Steve and I watch on YouTube and his name is Jesse It'zer. His partner owns spanks and he owns I'll have to look it up anyways, so you can look it up on YouTube. Jesse It's a it z Er and it's how he does his goal setting every single year. And I just took a couple of points away from it. I really really like. He said, you want to have one big goal that at the end of the year, and he does this the reflection on New Year's Day as well, one big thing that you did each year. So set yourself one big goal and at the end of you can have that one big thing you're like, Wow, that was a huge moment for me. But make sure there's one yeah that's like that's really really cool. That helps you really think big and dream big. Yep. And then he said, every eight weeks or so, do something that you wouldn't normally do. So this creates a lot of variety, a lot of adventure, cool new memory steps, you outside your comfort zone, have new things to look forward to, and it expands your creativity of like what can we do? What adventures can we get up to? And I was like, that's so yeah. But try new things and he does every single eight weeks he'll book something in it's rock climbing, you're going on a different high called booking a different stay ca or trying a new restaurant, or doing some new cool thing with their kids. He's got four kids and he's like I'm always looking for something that every eight weeks I do it. And sorry, I will say at the start. He sells these big three hundred and sixty five day calendars, so he actually maps out his whole year, so he books in every stay care that he wants to have every eight weeks, the new adventurest thing is going to try with him and his kids or whatever. He books in a solo trip, a friend trip, a coubles trip, and a family trip, so you go on a trip with his wife, a trip with his family, a trip with his friends, and a solo trip. So he maps out, and so Steve and I are going to do as well. Solo one scares me a bit, but every year he'll map out when he's going to do those. And then another one he said was every quarter he goes on a stay care with his wife because they've got four children, so every quarter they're going to book something in that's just them too. It's just like a couple of nights away. Steve and I are gonna do that. We're gonna implement that. So we went to office works and bought these big calendars. That's what we haven't done yet.
Speaker 2: You're going to map out a whole year and then you can book it in. It's there, it's exactly scheduled in, so I'm.
Speaker 1: Going to be in. It's not going to happen. Don't you do this with your work as well. So like I've got you know, three experts I'm going to run. We're going to run, and one in Melbourne, one in Brisbane and one in Sydney. We're marking those out. We've got those days booked in. It is happening. I put it down there, I've spoken to my team about it. I'm announcing it on here. It's happening. I'm held accountable. It was if I didn't put that on there, Yeah, my fear might get in the way, or time might get away, or like oh I'm too busy, I don't have the money. It's too scary. But now I've booked it and it's there. And then he's also got like his weekly appointments, like for me, my acupunch once a month. I've that in now, Yeah, your PT session, whatever it is, it's all marched on your calendar and it's somewhere like in your office or in your home where you see it and it's like cool, what a fucking cool year I've got. And if you use looking a bit boring, change it. That's these things in there.
Speaker 2: Egency's five day calendar.
Speaker 1: It's a huge. You get it from office Works. He sells them online, but it's very similar to when I go from Office works and it's a whole year. It's huge. So Steve and I got one each, and it's just so cool, Like when I do it, I can't wait to look at my year and be like fuck yeah, Like I've got to go to a wedding. I've got to go. I get to go to a wedding in Italy this year, and that's in September. I'm locked in and I'm going to book a staka in the staycase. Steve's gonna do two where he surprises me where we're going and I don't know where I'm going and I'll surprise him like bring that like romance and surprise back again. So I just loved his way of doing it, incorporating that into what I was already doing.
Speaker 2: That's really cool.
Speaker 1: And he also said one other thing was to incorporate one new habit every quarter, a new habit that you want to get better at. That's your focus to that quarter. If you have too many habits at once feel a bit overwhelming. Yeah, if you have one every quarter, it's helped every area of his life because there's always new things that he wants to get better.
Speaker 2: To get it, new habits a stick, it needs time as well, So that's perfect a quarter to focus on one thing and doing it repeatedly.
Speaker 1: Because sometimes it's week or two weeks. Three weeks isn't enough, No, but a quarter is like a good it's a lot amount to really put energy and focus onto it. Yeah, that's so cool. Yeah, so go check it out. It's really cool video to watch.
Speaker 2: Something I'd like to like throw in there too, is if you set goals as well, and halfway through the year things need to pivot or shuffle or change. Be okay with that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You know I feel like sometimes too, like setting goals so fun and so good, but don't hold it to be like this really like heavy thing. It's meant to be exciting and fun and uplifting. And if something's not feeling like that, then maybe it's not truly what you're wanting to do or what you're wanting.
Speaker 1: To aim for.
Speaker 2: It should feel scary, it should feel a littleit uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: I think just when you're in tune with yourself and what's aligning with you, yes, it'll speak to you. If it's not feeling good, yes, because then there's the other side of sometimes I'm like, oh do I really want I'm like, yes, I'm just being lazy. Different.
Speaker 2: Yeah, even if it's scared, Like being scared is fine. But if you're just like, oh fuck, this feels like a lot like this, it feels like too much, then it's like.
Speaker 1: Sweet, Yeah, the alignment thing I think will make it clear few whether you it's the right thing for you right now or if you've got the capacity and the same breath too. Like something could happen kids getting sick, I mean something really like big. Maybe you lose a family member, maybe you go through a divorce, maybe you're not coping with something. You know, someone has a car, I don't know. Something big happens and it really throws everything off and you just need that time to heal. That's also okay as well. So it's like, yeah, make the plans, but be adaptable and flexible definitely sure. Yeah, and also yeah, pick yourself up on your own bullshit when you are being lazy, because there's definitely times I'm like, come on, girl, get up, you can do this, and forgive myself that pep talk