Speaker 1: On Sky Lives Australia. This is the winder Panale Show.
Speaker 2: Good evening and welcome to the Rita Panehe Show. I'm Danikiti Giorgio. Coming up tonight number forty seven. Donald Trump is officially sworn in as President of the United States. We will have full coverage of the historic event with Kosher Gada. Is this the end of woke? Trump immediately signs executive orders only recognizing male and female genders and has also banned DEEI programs. Josh Hammer is standing by Max Abrams on the president's crackdown on Mexican cartels and illegal aliens, and of course left he's losing it as we say farewell to a man who resembled a potato instead of a president.
Speaker 3: America is a nation that can be defined in a single word.
Speaker 2: I was joining me now is Sky News contributor Koshergada. Kosher, great to see you, Thank you so much. Look, it's been a huge day. Has it a very historic day, not just for the United States but for the whole world. There's a lot to get through, but firstly I want to start on this because Donald Trump has signed pardons for around fifteen hundred participants in the January sixth, twenty twenty one riot at the US Capitol Kosher.
Speaker 4: He was always going to do that. He's surprised so.
Speaker 2: That this was his first port of call.
Speaker 5: This was definitely a key signature issue. Expectations among his base were very, very high. There was a little bit of a question mark. There were some reports coming out there that maybe he won't do all of them, maybe it won't be a blanket pardon possibly, and there was a little bit of a civil war going on within his base about that. But he delivered to them. And I think on the heels of what Biden did today, which is the other big story of all his pardons preemptively to controversial figures and his family members, he just really paved the way for this. I think it's all fifteen hundred. There's six people where he's commuted their sentences, and they might eventually result in a pardon, but all in this is a full cleansing of what pretty much most of the country as an order prosecution of Americans have been in there for four years, with the punishment that far outpeaced the crimes committed.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, and I think that there will be a lot of supporters celebrating this decision. But yeah, interesting, it was one of his first orders. But speaking of Donald Trump has signed more than two hundred executive orders on his first day. I've got to say kosher. He really wasted no time because you look at the footage. He went from the inauguration to the actual celebrations themselves, and then suddenly he was ushered into an office where the cameras were on him as he was signing one executive order after another. What are some of the key items on that list?
Speaker 5: And you know, it's unlike anything I've ever seen, at least in the past several presidents. It's because six months leading up to this, he already had funded, privately funded his transition team, and all of these ducks were in a row ready to go legally, and everything else on his desk. It spans again at the pardons, like we just talked about hiring freezers for the federal government, forcing people to come back into work physically in the office five days a week. Post COVID declaring a national emergency at the border, which is going to unlock a whole host of other things that come out of that. On his immigration issue, we're drawing from certain international agreements. We're drawing from the World Health Organization, which many people are angry about post COVID. And there's another of fifteen that I'm not even mentioning.
Speaker 2: No, that's fair enough. I do want to go through some of the more international ones soon. But it feels like he's really trying to clean up the public service with these executive executive orders. Why do you think that is a priority for Donald Trump.
Speaker 5: That's one thing where with the swipe of a pen he can do it, because that is where the executive branch has jurisdiction, that's in his purview. And a lot of it is just enforcing laws around the books or trying to shrink the bloat of government. All the doge cutting and all that will fall into that as well. Some of them he's testing the limit of the law by design, for example, ending birthright citizenship, which I think no country, maybe one other country has this, ending birth right citizenship for illegally. For example, you come in illegally, you have a baby, you don't automatically eat you a citizenship that will be tested in the courts, and he knows that. So summer in that category, but a lot of the other ones, to your point is just it falls in his purview. He's not wasting any time and anything where he doesn't have to rely on Congress, doesn't have to rely on the judiciary.
Speaker 4: He's just going full speed.
Speaker 2: He's absolutely going full speed. And what do you think that this says about the sort of president that he will be, That he's not mucking around and a lot of them he made promises before the election he won on that mandate, he's getting straight down to business. What do you think the next four years will be like?
Speaker 5: If today's any indication, and let's hope he doesn't lose steam, we really are going to see huge change and huge disruption. You know, this was such a high contrast election in every which way, interests of policy, in terms of substance, in terms of style, in terms of energy, in terms of stamina, all of it. And today is finally the fruits of that labor of what was a very hard fought campaign is coming to light. And if this is an indication of what's to come, it's not going to be anything like the first time, because he's much more organized and it's also much more prepared. A lot of the attacks from the other side have fizzled out so that it's hard for them to rerun those attacks. And you'd have to think that somebody who's been impeached and dted, convicted, almost assassinated is a changed human being, has nothing to lose, and he's just going to leave everything out on the field for the country.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's going to be a very interesting four years ahead of today, is anything to go by, boy, We're.
Speaker 4: In for a fascinating ride.
Speaker 2: Now, we mentioned some of the international executive orders, and I found this one to be particularly interesting because Donald Trump has announced he is pulling out of the Paris Climate Accord.
Speaker 6: This is what he said, I'm immediately withdrawing from the unfair, one sided Paris Climate Accord ripoff. The United States will not sabotise our own industries.
Speaker 4: Well, China pollutes with impunity, Kosher.
Speaker 2: I want to get to the consequences for Australia in a moment. But firstly, you know, Donald Trump's been professing the new green scam, as he's been calling renewable energy for the last few years, so this doesn't.
Speaker 4: Come as a surprise.
Speaker 2: But what does it mean now for climate targets that were put in place by the Biden administration.
Speaker 5: It dismantles them. And this whole Paris Climate Accord has been a yo yo where Obama signed them in as soon as Trump won. The first time he withdrew there was sort of an expiration period where he could do it overnight, had to let it run its course. Finally Withdrew lost the election, Biden comes and reinstates it, and now back to removing it. So each time that yoyo sort of has been going back and forth. But I think you know, as he said there, that it runs antibetical to his agenda, which is US energy dominance, growing industry at home, and these types of agreements. Even if you support wanting to keep the planet clean, which I think most people do, these agreements don't get there. It's just a massive transfer of power and transfer of wealth from some nations to others, some sectorst others, and it means in time, when this stuff is unwound, it will not cease to exist.
Speaker 2: Well, hopefully this is a big wake up call for here in Australia with our renewable energy fantasy that we're going down under. But what does pulling out the Paris Climate Accord now mean for Australia because it had been foreshadowed for some time. Does it impact us at all?
Speaker 5: Hopefully it gives a little bit of a permission structure to push harder because there's been a minio yo here too. We're promised to abd I think signed on to it, and then he actually wanted to withdraw from it as the details came out, and then couldn't politically and all.
Speaker 4: The rest of it.
Speaker 5: So maybe this will We've got our own election coming up over here. This might give paid the way for that type of discussion. Also, just specifically that transfer of wealth and power that we mentioned, The United States taxpayer funds a lot of projects that other countries are beneficiaries of through this accord, and if we pull out, if the US pulls out, then that funding dries up, and that may have some ripple effect to other countries, including Australia.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm just quite it fascinating that he's putting America first, which is exactly what he promised to do, and I hope that that sets a standard for places like Australia first, put your own country first and stop relying overseas. Now, let's move on, because one of the other things that was quite notable was the big tech titans who were on full display at the inauguration. You had Mark Zuckerberg, Jeff Bezos, Sunda Pitchai, and Tim Cook. They all hung out together and apparently it was by choice. They looked very chummy in a number of the photos. But I read that the combined net wealth of the billionaires who attended the event was one point two trillion US dollars kosher, which is absolutely phenomenal. Now, some of these tech giants we know in the past, Mark Zuckerberg, Jeff Bezos, they have criticized Donald Trump, but now it seems the tighters turn. They're all suddenly kissing the ring. Why do you think it's important in particular, not just for billionaires, but for the technology world to be in with Donald Trump as opposed to out.
Speaker 5: This is a big story from the selection. The tight has turned because Trump turned it. They're sort of keen kicking and screaming because decidedly over the past I would say three or four decades have been while before Trump, Silicon Valley has been very favorable to the last in cash and kind. If you look at their donations, if you look at the issues set that they lobby for. It's not always in line with the America First, or sort of the populist mantra, and in kind, all the suppression of the Hunter Biden laptop story or of COVID origin theories and all of that helped one side much much more than the other. So it's really interesting from that to this where they're kissing the ring and donating to his inauguration fund and looking all chummy. I think some of it might be self preservation or expediency on their part, which is fine. You don't have to like each other, but if you've got common cause for the goal of America First, wonderful. And some of it might be that they just know that this is where the power is now and it's in their interest to get on board because if not, they'll be left behind.
Speaker 2: But also, what does it say about Donald Trump as a businessman, because you know, it would be easy just to snub these people who have been quite rude to him in public forums for many years. But he knows how to foster relationships.
Speaker 5: He really does, which is so funny given to us the caricature that most of the world's media put on him and painted him as he's actually very good at he will CounterPunch. We all know that he's coarse in his style, but he is actually very good at letting bygones be bygones when it's time.
Speaker 4: To forge a new alliance.
Speaker 5: You could see that with all sorts of people, from Megan Kelly as an example, a journalist, to these tact folks.
Speaker 4: Over here and everyone in between.
Speaker 5: If there's common ground to be found for his vision of America, first he will.
Speaker 4: Do a deal. He will do it, which is a good president.
Speaker 2: That's a good later, in my opinion, a very good later.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: President Trump also vowed to be the first commander in chief to put US astronauts on Mars.
Speaker 6: This is what he said, And we will pursue our manifest destiny into the Stars, launching American astronauts to plant the stars and stripes on the planet Mars.
Speaker 2: But I got to say, I really liked this. This response from a lot. Musk says it all. Oh, he's very happy, Alon Musks is stoked. But you know, look, the space race is interesting at the moment, Kosher, because you've got countries worldwide, China, Russia, everybody is competing in that sphere. Now, what role does the US.
Speaker 5: Play such a central question. So it's been fifty six years since America decidedly took the mantle there and sent the first man on the moon. Nobody else has done it since then, and you could argue that that era was the peak of US exceptionalism and ingenuity, and it all sort of manifests in that moment of Neil Armstrong going on there and having a phone call with Richard Nixon, and since then, the last half century it's been a managed declient in so many aspects you a society economically, culturally, and everything else. So Trump clearly has a vision all these things he's talking about in terms of economics, culture, regulations, foreign policy, all of that America first make it strong, and then the manifestation of that, the pinnacle of it is going back and winning the space race and out competing other countries that have come a long way like China since then. That's submission that something that Elon Musk has said is a big motivation, clearly. So that's that common cause that we talked about.
Speaker 2: No, I think it's terrific, it's going to be interesting. Plus it's such a it's a huge industry, the space industry. So I'll look forward to see what happens there.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: Vivek Bramaswami has pulled the pin as co leader of the Department of Government Efficiency, apparently due to his interest in running for governor of Ohio. Kosher I was quite surprised by this.
Speaker 4: It didn't take very long.
Speaker 2: It was picked by Donald Trump, but now he's left.
Speaker 5: It always probably was a conceptual thing having two leaders co CEOs, two billionaires with Elon Musk with Elon Musk and correct and the veak. Nice idea, but I always thought maybe, I'm not sure, too many cooks in the kitchen, one could argue, But I think the more important reason is the governorship. So he's from Ohio. The governor there, Mark Devine, is term limited in twenty twenty six. That's going to be an open sea. The Vak kind of came out of nowhere and just in fifteen minutes, really went from a nobody to a household name now in America, So strike while the iron's hot, and if he does win, then that's a good thing because he is generally speaking America first, and an alley of Trump and we need more governors Trump and needs more governors that support his agenda.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, absolutely, absolutely didn't last very long at all. Now we have to talk about Baronet Trump, the son of course of Millennia and Donald Trump, who has once again stolen the show at the inauguration. The internet is a buzz talking about how tall and stature this man is and say that he is a president in waiting. I tend to agree, Kosher. We know that he played quite a pivotal part in his father's election campaign. He was the one who encouraged him to go on podcasts like Joe Rogan, which really helped him get over the line.
Speaker 4: But you just look at him. He's so staunch, he's a strong man.
Speaker 2: And I think he's going to be a future leader.
Speaker 4: What do you think.
Speaker 5: He's got a lot of the ry ingredients. So people love the Trump kids and the Trump family. They're also well together, they're very attractive, they're smart, they're accomplished.
Speaker 4: All of that.
Speaker 5: And he was just a little ten year old boy the last time around, and they've sort of been keeping him out of the limelight, very private people in Milannia famously, and now he's back thrust onto the scene. So tall and that he's six foot seven. Yeah, he's completely grown up in front of our eyes. And as you mentioned, he pleaded a pivotal rule in his media strategy. He seems to love the crowd and the energy, but like his mother, he doesn't see much. He's a little bit of an enigma, and I think that will strive him well where he's creating a lot of interest and he may burst out onto the scene at some point in the future.
Speaker 2: I completely agree all eyes on Baron. I just think he's an absolute start. Now, speaking of his mother, we've got to talk about the fashion because Milania looked very sharp today, but her hat got in the way of an important photo opportunity. Have a look. Well, you can't help, you know. Trump gave it a go. But meanwhile, Jeffrey Bezos's fiance's outfit was a little laingerie number. It's raised some eyebrows, and I've got to say it looked like it raised Mark Zuckerberg's eyebrows too.
Speaker 4: We've got some vision there.
Speaker 2: He couldn't keep his eyes off her as well. But look, I thought, look, firstly, Milania, I thought looked lovely.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure about this outfit. What do you think? Agree?
Speaker 5: I call him Milania's outfit high fashion war path, because there's a message to send here. It's like, you know, this is my space. It's like an armor. Don't mess with me. And the fashion industry very openly snubbed her the first time around, you objectively as was gorgeous first lady, and they said they wouldn't dress her and never put her on the cover of magazines, as she'd already been on them previously, et cetera exactly. And Jeff Bezis' fiance, I think she should have.
Speaker 4: Chosen something questionable. It's questionable kosher, it certainly is.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 2: It's been wonderful to speak with you. Thanks for joining me to unpack what's been a historic day in the US.
Speaker 4: Appreciate your time.
Speaker 2: Coachher Gata, thank you joining me now. Is Newsweek Senior editor at Large and Article three Project Senior Counsel, Josh Hammer, Josh, thank you so much for joining me. Look, I've got to say it's finally happened.
Speaker 4: The world is healing. Order is restored already.
Speaker 2: Donald Trump will issue an order ending federal diversity, equity and inclusion programs. Hallelujah, finally now this order will instruct senior officials in the White House Office of Management and Budget and the Office of Personnel Management to determine what programs need to be gutted. Josh, it's finally going to be merit all the way, not based on race, not based on gender, but on merit. Has the post woke world begun? Do you think.
Speaker 1: It's definitely beginning? You know, this actually goes back to the final year of the first Trump administration. So in the very final months the first trumpministration, my friend Chris Ruffer was working really hard to get DEI banned in the federal government. And now here we are right out of the gate, and we're doing it literally on D one. And it's not just DEI that's being banned in the federal government. It's also gender ideology. It's also the transgender Agenda that was a separate executive order that that was implemented earlier. Today as well, the federal government of the United States now stands by the policy that there are two and precisely two genders. There is male and there is female, and that is it. So we are really seeing the prudential use of government power to fight back against the woll agenda. There and It's a beautiful sight to behold there. I mean, it's hard to keep up, frankly, with all the executive orders that are coming through there, whether it's immigration, whether it's energy, whether it's Trump withdrawing from the WHO, the World Health Organization there, putting American forces on the southern and potentially in the northern Warwick, Canada. But the point is that this is morning in America. Again, as Ronald Reagan would have said, there, it is a joyous day. I was grinning ear to ear watching this inauguration, watching him sign these executive orders. The thing about Donald Trump also, I have to say there, he's just such a funny, entertaining person there. I've been watching him on television here basically all day, grinning ear to ear. I miss this free daily Trump entertainment as well. I have to say that as well.
Speaker 2: Oh look and more to calm. I completely agree. And I just want to pick you up on what you mentioned there that Donald Trump has declared that the US will only recognize two genders, male and female.
Speaker 4: This is what he said.
Speaker 8: As of today.
Speaker 6: It will henceforth be the official policy of the United States government that there are only two genders, male and female.
Speaker 2: Josh, This would have been virtually unthinkable years ago. People said, no, you can't say that because it's offensive.
Speaker 4: You're a bigot. You can't do that. Can't say that.
Speaker 2: What does it say about where we are now in the world.
Speaker 1: Donald Trump understands something very important that a lot of other Republican politicians here in the US do not understand. Let me explain what that is. So there's been a debate on the American right for a very long time as to the relationship between culture and politics. So, for instance, the late great Andrew Breitbart, the founder of the website Brightbar, famously said that that culture is upstream of politics, basically that if you want to control politics, it's downstream of culture. You have to control the culture first. I have always thought that that's a little too qte by half, because culture and politics operating in a two way street, where the culture can fit the politic politics can also affect the culture. I think Donald Trump understands that, he intuits that he understands that, he understands that when it comes to civilizational issues, questions of the human person, of human anthropology, such as male and female, God created them, you have to choose you actually cannot take the so called neutral way out. You actually have to make a decision and put a thumb on the scale. Here. This is an example of making that decision, of having the courage to actually do that and to lead by political example, and the culture ultimately God willing to hear America will follow as well. There. So you know, he's a little older. He's won the older American president, not as old as the previous guy. But he nonetheless, I think in terms of his understanding between culture and politics is actually very new and edgy in a way that a lot of the Republican old guards still resists to this day. That's their loss in his gain them absolutely.
Speaker 2: I think that's a really interesting observation you spot on. Now, look, let's talk about transparency. Trump is vowed to release long classified government records on the assassination of John F. Kennedy, Martin Luther King Junior, and Robert F. Kennedy. This is what he said, we are.
Speaker 7: Going to make public remaining records relating to the assassinations of President John F. Kennedy, his brother.
Speaker 6: Robert Kennedy, as well as doctor Martin.
Speaker 4: Luther King Junior. Josh.
Speaker 2: So he's vowing to restore government transparency. Why is this so important in this administration.
Speaker 1: Well, it's important because Americans trust in government right now is at an all time historic low. I mean, Americans have not distrusted the government this much, probably in the entire history of modern American public polling. I mean, I couldn't even tell you when the last one I think will be even close to this, maybe the Jimmy Carter years of stagflation in the Iran hostage crisis. Probably even including that though. So, if you want to try to get the American people back on your side, well, the easiest way to do that is with good policy. You need to get the economy humming again, to seal the southern border with Mexico there, to get peace on the global stage in the Middle East, Russia, Ukraine so forth.
Speaker 6: There.
Speaker 1: Another fairly easy way is to show that you stand with the peoples. So when the American people have long standing questions that they're not getting clear answers from from the government, give them the answers again unless there is a truly, truly, truly compelling national security reason there. But frankly, when it comes to something like the JFK assassination. It's been sixty years. I mean, whatever national security implications there might have been at the height of the Cuban missile crisis with the Soviet Union, you know, that's literally decades in the past at this point there, So why not, I say, why not? Heck, I say, at this point, I want to know whether there are aliens at Area fifty one out in Nevada outside of Las Vegas. I suspect probably not. But while we're going down this rabbit hole, why not keep it coming. There's a lot of questions out there. I suspent Donald Trump's going to give us a lot of fun answers.
Speaker 2: Oh, look, what do we want to know the answers to that, I completely agree. You're going down the rabbit hole. So I think just just keep going, keep going, strike while the eye and is hot. Now, I thought this was particularly interesting, though unsurprising. Joe Biden and Kamala Harris were booed entering the capital for the inauguration.
Speaker 4: Have a look at this president in the.
Speaker 1: United States, Joseph.
Speaker 2: Of the United States, Well, Josh, look, they're all MAGA supporters there. They were never going to give them a rousing reception. But it brings into question because Biden leaves office with historically low approval ratings, Kamala is still dancing about like a moron with interchanging accents.
Speaker 4: It seems like America.
Speaker 2: Really has had enough of those two.
Speaker 1: You know, I think it's difficult to put into words just the utter shambles that the Democratic Party is currently in here. First of all, they all hate each other, Kamala Harris, Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi, Barack Obama, Bill and Hillary Clinton, the titans of the current Democratic Party throwing Chuck Schumer. I guess as well there they actually genuinely cannot stand each other. A lot of this gets back to the major divide this past summer as to whether or not to kick Joe Biden off the ticket and put in Kamala Harris. A lot of these simmering divides to this day have not fully heals from that, but more to the points their agenda, especially the post two thousand and eight, post Barack Obama, post woke, intersectional identity politics coalition of the aggrieved interest coalition. It's all been emphatically rejected one because it's totally divisive. There, Barack Obama and Joe Biden claimed to be uniers. All they did actually was pit one Americans against the other, whether it was white versus black, whether it was the vaccinated against the unvaccinated, Team red versus Team Blue, you name it. There they have been massive, massive dividers. And more's the point. Their policy has just been utterly catastrophic. Whether it is inflation, whether it is the economy, whether it is crime in America's urban corridors, people getting pushed, god forbid on the subway cars in New York City, stories like the Daniel Penny story there the women lit on fire. Foreign policy, I mean the Middle East, Russia, Ukraine, China looking like the gun invade Taiwan every day is basically a hot spot all across the world. There they have failed, and they have failed catastrophically. And the best part is, as someone's personally who wishes the Democrats nothing but horm the best part is I have no idea where they go from here. I genuinely am glad that that is not my problem because I actually do not know what the answer is. But I suspect that they're going to be in the political wilderness for some time now because there's no clear and easy answer as to how they possibly get themselves back to a place of respectability without somehow sacrificing their far left beast as well. I don't know how you walk that tape rope. I'm not sure that they know how to do it either.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean that they did it to themselves, didn't they. But this is all that their own doing. They're in this mess because that they were too slow to change the candidates. So look, we'll see what happens over the next few years.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: In his last Actors, President, Joe Biden issued sweeping preemptive pardons for his entire family, as well as former COVID advisor doctor Anthony Fauci, retired General Mark Milly, and members of the January sixth Committee to quote shield them from politically motivated prosecutions under the Trump administration. Josh, I don't know. I think this was unsurprising. He was always going do it. But what do you make of this at the eleventh hour to go and issue these pardons.
Speaker 1: It's just truly shameful stuff. You know, Joe Biden told us time and time again that the reason that you had to vote for Joe Biden, and then after the Democrats pulled their bloodless coup that you had to vote for Kamala Harris. He said, time and time again, you gotta vote for Team Blue. You gotta vote for the Democrats because the other guy, Donald Trump, he's a Hitler fascist nazi there, who's going to blow up the constitution. He hates norms. How many times over the past four years and we've been lectured time and time again about about how the January sixth guy is a great perpetrator when it comes to desecrating American norms there, and then you fast forward to the past few months here, especially since the election in November. How many norms is Joe Biden going to blow up in flames on his way out the door here? I mean, it's basically like he's taken the match. He's taken entire, entire reservoir of gasoline and just poured an entire box of matches on fire into this gasoline on the way out there. On Friday, he tweeted that he was recognizing a new constitutional amendment. The National Archives here was like, dude, you can't do that. That's not how the constitutional process works. These pardons at the last hour parentally partnering the Biden family, his brother Jim Biden, five or six family members there fifteen minutes, fifteen minutes before Donald Trump was to put his hand on the Bible and take of office. I can't believe this. I mean like, it makes America look so patently silly, so patently tribal, and frankly, so patently third world. I cannot wait for this guy to get out of office, to get the heck off my television screen. Frankly, I think it's going to be a very long time until we hear from him again. It actually went shock me. Frankly, if we don't hear from him again until his funeral.
Speaker 2: Look, I think we've all been thinking the sign let's be realistic, and I agree it was completely dodging, totally dodgy of him fifteen minutes before that inauguration.
Speaker 4: Now, look, let's move on.
Speaker 2: Because the family of Dorin Steinbercher, one of the three Israeley hostages frayed from Humus this week, has thanked Donald Trump for her release, saying, we also extend our gratitude to Trump for his significant involvement and support, which means so much to us. Here was Donald Trump talking about the situation in the Middle East.
Speaker 6: My proudest legacy will be that of a peacemaker and unifier. That's what I want to be, a peacemaker and a unifier. I'm pleased to say that as of yesterday, one day before I assumed the office, the hostages in the Middle East are coming back home to their families.
Speaker 2: Josh, how much of this deal and what's going on right now in the Middle East can be put down to Donald Trump's influence and his very strong words leading up to the inauguration.
Speaker 1: Well, I think that the recent ceasefire hostage deal is overwhelmingly due to Donald Trump and his Middle East Special ENVOYE Seek Steve Whitcoff. I mean, you look at the fact that Joe Biden, Tony blankn and Bret McGirk and that whole national security team, if you can even call it that, they tried for a very long time, literally over a year, to get a second deal since the initial one in November twenty twenty three, they couldn't do it. Trump and Whitcoff got involved. In a matter of days it was done. So I think they're overwhelmingly responsible for this particular deal. I guess though, if I'm being honest, I would sound the note of caution. I'm not frankly in love with this deal. To be very honest with you, it's amazing that these hostages are released. Obviously, if I were one of the family members, I would want to do everything possible that goes without saying there. I worry though about the incentives that this sense. When you are trading hundreds, hundreds, thousands, frankly of the most hardened jihad Is terrorists out there for just a few dozen hostages there, what incentives does that send about trying to reward terrorism, trying to incentivize further hostage shaking there. Ultimately, it's gonna be a push come to shove situation. Is prime mister net Niya, who's going to have the political capital and the political will to send the IDF back into Godz That finished the job there? Because I want to be very clear about this, Unless and until Hamas is decapitated and fully destroyed as a military and political organization, got unlessen until that happens, Israel will have lost this war. That's a very very very important thing to remember. I believe Donald Trump understands that there. But we'll find out sooner rather than later.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we certainly will. We'll see how this one plays out. Josh hammup, good to catch up. Thanks very much for joining me on the show this evening.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Still to come an extended edition of Lefties Losing It.
Speaker 4: Now, it's time for Lefties.
Speaker 2: Losing It coming up per Joe Biden Extravaganza.
Speaker 4: You won't want to miss this one. We've conned deep into.
Speaker 2: The archives to dig up the best of old gaffy Joe as he finally finishes up as president. But first q the inauguration lefty meltdowns because Donald Trump is back baby. Yes, some of those were even from the first inauguration, but this time round, it's music to my ears. The screams really warm my heart because we love to say it, don't we. It's over for the woke lefties who are just so desperately trying to stay relevant in this new era of optimism.
Speaker 4: You're the Karens. Please.
Speaker 2: I would rather wear underwear full of angry bees than watch the inauguration on Monday. Okay then, and of course, when all else fails, make a public service announcement.
Speaker 9: I don't know about you, but I will not be watching the inauguration, not during the inauguration, not after the inauguration, not any part of it on the news. Who's with me?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, please please stop everything.
Speaker 4: If Karen wasn't watching, is it going to watch?
Speaker 2: Trump should have definitely canceled that inauguration. That's a huge blow for number forty seven. He will be absolutely devastated. I mean, what will these lefties do for the next four years? A lying, felon and adjudicated rapist is going to be taking an oath on the Bible, and you wonder why the world is laughing at us? And look, please spare a thought for Alexandria Ocazio Cortez, who is just not okay all.
Speaker 9: These journalists really. Congresswomen, are you going to the inauguration? Congresswoman, are you going to the inauguration? Are you going to the inauguration? Let me make myself clear. I don't celebrate rapists, So no, I'm not going to the inauguration.
Speaker 2: Round Oh so so sad again, what will Donald Trump do without you?
Speaker 4: Now to Don Lemon, the.
Speaker 2: Sacked Sea host who is continuing on a slippery slope into the never never, I mean, the poor guy is absolutely grasping at every straw possible.
Speaker 10: Here's the breaking news for you. Remember people were upset that Joe Biden pardon his son Hunter Biden. Will Joe Biden? President Biden pardons his family on last day in office. Why is he doing that? Is it unprecedented? Yeah, it is unusual, But it's also because of the unprecedented unusual administration that we have coming in and he cannot trust his family in the hands of Donald Trump's Justice Department.
Speaker 2: Ah, yes, don Now is this the same preemptive pardons that the Democrats warned Trump against for years?
Speaker 11: Have you ever heard of somebody getting a preemptive pardon who was innocent of all crime, who's just an innocent person?
Speaker 4: Have you ever heard of that?
Speaker 12: Just somebody getting a blanket pardon and they're an innocent person. But no, it's the president's own family.
Speaker 8: It's people have been covering up for the president in addition to his own family.
Speaker 11: If he pardons people preemptively, he's essentially telling the public that these people have committed crimes and we may not be aware of what they are, but the pardon is clear evidence that crimes have been committed.
Speaker 12: The idea of a kind of prospective pardon, this sort of permanent federal get out of jail free card. That seems to be what we're talking about in the case of this right with Juliani and his three eldest children, who as far we know don't have not been convicted of a crime. Maybe they've committed a lot and they don't want to face action. I don't know, it's weird. I wouldn't ask for a pardon. I don't think I deserve one because I don't think I've done anything criminal.
Speaker 2: But like, where does that come from?
Speaker 12: That concept you can just kind of wave your magic pardon one?
Speaker 2: Ah, I never learned, and has anyone saying, don lemon, Donny your faults.
Speaker 4: On that place?
Speaker 10: Anyone Ask anyone who knows me, They'll tell you. I don't believe in belittling people.
Speaker 4: Link anyone.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's exactly what I thought, Donnie. Now to the moment you've all been waiting for, the Joe Biden Gaffriel, and.
Speaker 4: What a spectacle we have for you.
Speaker 2: Here is the now former leader of the free world, who we were told was healthy, thriving, sharp as attack and rigorous, when really he was a potato.
Speaker 4: This whole time being.
Speaker 2: Propped up by stage Mum Jill Biden, please cue the tape.
Speaker 3: The total initiative relative to what we're going to do with more border patrol and more CYBUN officers.
Speaker 6: President Trump, I really don't know what he said at the end of this center. I don't think he knows what he said either.
Speaker 3: America is a nation that can be defined in a single word. I doesn't foot him the foot. I wouldn't have picked Vice President Trump to be vice president? Do I think she was not qualified to be president? And now I want to hand it over to the President of Ukraine, who has as much courage as he has determination. Ladies and gentlemen, President putin, imagine what we.
Speaker 4: Could do next.
Speaker 1: Or more years or.
Speaker 2: Me?
Speaker 4: No one's seen them, no pall sense.
Speaker 2: Then look, it brings a tear to my eyes, doesn't it It really it's it's a somber moment.
Speaker 4: It's a it's a real sad moment. I mean, what are we going to do without him?
Speaker 1: Bye?
Speaker 2: Bye, Joe still to come? Professor Max Abrams joins me to explain what Trump's second presidency means for international security. Joining me now is international security expert Professor Max Abrams, Max, nice to see you. Thank you very much for joining me. Let's start with this story that's on the front page over in the US. Donald Trump, on day one, plans to suspend security clearances of fifty one intelligence officials who dismissed Hunter Biden's laptop as Russian disinformation in twenty twenty. Now this involves a so called spies who lies. You can see there, Max, What message does Trump's repeal send.
Speaker 8: I think the message is very clear, and that is, you know, the establishment is done. The twenty twenty election arguably was helped substantially by these fifty one shady Intel official because at that time their Hunter's laptop showed that the Bidens were extremely corrupt and at the behest of the Biden campaign. Right the Biden campaign actually asked for this. These fifty one Intel agents attested that, you know, essentially we could dismiss the laptop, that it probably wasn't Hunters, that it had the earmarks of Russian disinformation. And shortly after I'm talking within a couple of weeks, there was a major presidential debate between Trump and Biden, and when the topic of the laptop came up, Biden was able to dismiss it by pointing to this letter by the fifty one agents saying that you know the laptop was Russian. And so I think that Trump may blame these fifty one Intel agents. It's for Biden's victory at the least. What it shows is that the Intel agents are corrupt, that they're partisan, and they're perfectly willing to engage in election interference. So I'm happy for Trump to revoke their security clearances. They shouldn't be able to tack his presidency like we saw previously. These are clearly partisan hacks who certainly place no value on the truth.
Speaker 2: No which is a threat to America. I mean, these people are supposed to be in such high positions. So I think it's such a smart move by Donald Trump, straight off the back.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: The President will also launch a new anti drug advertising campaign to show the physical impact of taking drugs like fentanyl.
Speaker 4: Have a look at this.
Speaker 6: We're going to advertise how bad drugs are for you, how.
Speaker 5: Bad they are.
Speaker 7: They ruin your look, they're ruin your faith, They're ruined your skin, and ruin your teeth. If you want to have horrible teeth, take a lot of fent at all, do you want to have skin that looks so terrible?
Speaker 5: Take fent at all. We're going to do.
Speaker 6: We're going to show what these drugs are doing to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, straight down the line. Not mincing his words there, but Donald Trump has also revived a campaign vowing to designate Mexico's drug cartels as terrorist groups.
Speaker 6: Under the orders I signed today, we will also be designating the cartels as foreign terrorist organizations. I will direct our government to use the full and immense power of federal and state law enforcement to eliminate the presence of all foreign gangs and criminal networks bringing devastating crime to US.
Speaker 4: Soil Max.
Speaker 2: What will this mean to classify Mexican cartels as terrorist groups? And will it help fight the scourge of drugs from over the border.
Speaker 8: What I think Trump is trying to signal here is that border security is national security, and that was really one of his big advantages over the Biden administration, which saw an unprecedented number of illegal immigrants. I mean, we're talking large numbers, you know, maybe twelve million, thirteen million, fourteen million, We're not even entirely sure, but the number is big, and naturally, some of them came into the United States and produced heinous crimes. And so Trump, you know, who was mocked previously for saying that securing the border was important, is now fully committed to that agenda. And part of that is cracking down on the fentanyl. That's the main drug that is supplied by the Mexican cartels. And what he is trying to do is elevate the cartels to a terrorism problem by designating them as a foreign terrorist organization. And there are all sorts of ways that Trump might really crack down on these cartels. Some of it would be through the treasury, some of it would be deploying troops. We could be talking about kinetic operations inside of Mexico. I've heard that floated as well. I'm not entirely sure what Trump will do with these cartels. I don't think anybody knows at this point. But by saying this, he's elevating the cartels to a traditional national security problem in the form of a foreign terrorist organization like Al Qaeda, like Islamic State.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, look, I think it's a good move, no doubt it's a crisis. And he's also very very quickly standing firm. What it does come to that border crisis because he said that he declare illegal immigration at the US Mexico border a national emergency, send troops there, and ramp up deportations of criminal offenders. This is what he said.
Speaker 6: First, I will declare a national emergency at our southern border. All illegal entry will immediately be halted, and we will begin the process of returning millions and millions of criminal aliens back to the places from which they came.
Speaker 4: Max.
Speaker 2: It's interesting Donald Trump said he will invoke US seventeen ninety eight wartime law known as the Alien Enemies Act to target foreign gang members in the US.
Speaker 4: What will this do?
Speaker 2: What sort of an impact do you think this is going to have.
Speaker 8: I think that there are a number of steps in this process. One step is that there will not be new illegal immigrants coming into the United States. On top of that, the more difficult problem is what to do with the illegals currently in the United States. And the even more difficult problem is what to do in cases when illegal immigrants inside the United States have had children. And it's honestly not entirely clear what Trump is going to do with the extant illegal immigrants in the United States. We know that there will be deportations, even mass deportations. Those might start with illegals who, on top of that criminal behavior, have conducted other crimes. So we're not entirely sure which illegals, whether it's all illegals, will be forcefully removed, but certainly some of them. That's what he is pledging to do. And interestingly, that sets up conflict between the federal government and some seats which are left leaning, and especially in cities that are so called sanctuary cities, which say that they're essentially going to oppose federal law. And so we'll see how all of this shakes down. But a huge part of the MAGA movement has really focused on this porous border, the prevention of illegals, the removal of them inside the country, and with it a reduction in crime, which really has been elevated in a number of American cities.
Speaker 2: Oh look, absolutely, and this is one of the big topics that Donald Trump was elected on, so he's acting on it very quickly. Now I want to talk about this preemptive part and given by Joe Biden at the eleventh hour to General Martin Miley, a former top officer in the US military. Now this was all due to that chaotic Afghanistan withdrawal in twenty twenty one.
Speaker 4: Miley has previously admitted.
Speaker 2: That the withdrawal there where thirteen US troops lost their lives. He admitted at the time that it was a strategic failure. But Max, Okay, he may have been preemptly pardoned here, but does he still need to be held to account.
Speaker 8: Well, that may be the case. I think that there's a big political element to all of this, and I think that Trump really heats Miley for a number of reasons. I mean, one of them is this botched withdrawal which ended up killing thirteen Americans. It was also based on a very poor understanding of Afghanistan, which highlighted a much broader problem because with drop was predicated on this idea that the Taliban wasn't going to swiftly take over the country, which obviously was an assumption based on a terrible understanding of Afghanistan after all that time. On top of that, there's more to the bad blood between Trump and Miley. Miley, you know, was the joint the joint Chief of staff head under Trump, and he was seen as being almost treasonous making phone calls with the Chinese uh conversations, uh with the Roan going behind President Trump's back, and then after Trump essentially campaigning against Trump and calling him a fascist and a wanna be dictator. And so there was a concern that Trump was going to, you know, go after Miley, and you know, these are very partisan times, and Biden wanted to make sure that you know, might be you know, wouldn't get in trouble for it. So that's really the backstory behind all of this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's truly fascinating down at the eleventh hour, in those final moments of his presidency. Very fascinating. Max Abrams, nice to catch up with you. Thanks very much for joining me on the show this evening.
Speaker 8: My pleasure.
Speaker 4: That's it for me. Up next is News Night, Good Night,