Speaker 1: Welcome to the Code and I Roll Show Michael carry On showing by Brenton.
Speaker 2: Ree Ready, just two of us, make very intimate.
Speaker 1: Where's your man, Dave.
Speaker 2: He's somewhere assignment. He's probably the sharks.
Speaker 1: Sharks, that's all he does.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying that you've just said that.
Speaker 1: Concord. The other day, I heard him asking Hard let's start. We're not going to bang on about the Tigers because it has been the story of the last two weeks. Though just quickly. You're quite critical around Adam Dewey and been recorded back to the side of earlier this week. I was with you like I thought, yes, you were, you know.
Speaker 2: But after you sound like you had a backtrack there I am.
Speaker 1: I am reversing. After the press conference, I'm quite comfortable that he's going to play.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Look, I didn't think he should have come back in the side straight away. I thought he should have come back through news to the last Cup. I made that pretty clear clear. I still stand by that. But I can understand why Benji's done it when you consider they were both pretty well. I wouldn't say they're both remorse at the press conference this week, but they took Yeah, you could see there was a bit of yeah, you're right, ownership on both sides. And the other issue they've got is if you look at their hearts at the moment, farn who's suspended, Jock Madden's injured, Jav and Andrews played last week and look, I mean, with due respect, the Javin's first game in the NNA. He's going to be a role player for a long time. But he found the going really tough. So you've really only got Lua and Dewey to play. So I can understand why do you back on the side, because you know what, above all else, Mick, they need to win footy games like it's so die there at the moment, and the only way you stop a lot of the negative headlines and a lot of the negativity around the football club is to actually win. And Adam gives you the best then their best chance of winning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because the narrative would have been if they lost on signy, Adam wasn't out or wide and you play Adam when he had to play Adam right, And look, they still we'll probably lose like that. It'll be a tough game. It will be an interesting game against Paris.
Speaker 2: There are a chance there are any money chance.
Speaker 1: The reason I'm comfortable with him playing with him playing is I really like what I heard from Benji and Adam in terms of ownership, in terms of accountability, in terms of remorse around the way the whole week played out as well, and some contrition, particularly from Adam's party, was quite honest, saying he can be pigeted and hard to deal with and these sort of things, and working with you, please, I've never walked out. I think I think it was. Yeah, I thought I thought it trade some maturity, some levelheadedness, and because of that, I'm comfortable.
Speaker 2: Do you think did you believe Hi when he said I'm going to be here, I've never broken a contract. I'll be here for the next three years.
Speaker 1: When he said I'm going to be here for the next I've never broken a contract. Pretty strong words. Oh yeah, So yeah, I think he's going to be there. You're not convinced.
Speaker 2: I'm not one hundred percent convinced. I think my gut feelings said yeah, he will be I'm about ninety five ninety five.
Speaker 1: Would where were you in the lead up to that press conference?
Speaker 2: Fifty to fifty? I reckon. But when you front the media like that and you speak like that, and you're so definitive and so convicted, and what you say like that, I'm not going anywhere. I've got a contract. I've never broken a contract. I love this club. It's hard to turn around from that. It's hard to then turn around the off season and go I'm going to walk out of this joy. So look, I think you'll stay he was obviously Yeah, I think he's going to stay there, which I think is good news that Footag club because there's not a lot of halves in the mud. Well there's some good helves coming off at the end of next season, right, But they need him, they need him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, with Lua next year, you can't start the season with no Jerome and no Adam. My issue is around what's doing with his shoulder, Like if he does need a reconstruction.
Speaker 2: Do it now?
Speaker 1: Well, what are they waiting for now? Like they got to buy next week.
Speaker 2: I'm not waiting put him out the pasture, get the surgery done.
Speaker 1: Blade Lebanon like obviously in the World Cup. But like they need him, they without your Rome, they need him and they need him for a large chunk of pre season next year. So if he doesn't need a reconstruction. I'm not waiting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're fair cool. No, I'm with your mick. I mean, it looks mathematically they're still stop it, but mathematically they are, and you've got to give your fans some hope. You can't. I think once we're out of mathematical contention, then maybe you put him out to pass.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't think you do.
Speaker 1: What numbers you're using, they're not playing for one?
Speaker 2: How many games they won? Seven?
Speaker 1: Don't care?
Speaker 2: It's six left this week weekend? It's official. They lose this weekend, they're gone, ski right, officially gone, officially.
Speaker 1: Give you the tip.
Speaker 2: I'm not arguing with you. What I'm saying is they're mathematically still hope. So what message does it sending.
Speaker 1: The second last?
Speaker 2: How many wins are they got?
Speaker 1: They've got seven?
Speaker 2: How many games left? Six?
Speaker 1: Okay, it's six.
Speaker 2: I think that's right.
Speaker 1: We're not even arguing about this. They're not playing.
Speaker 2: We are. You've started, you have started argument about it.
Speaker 1: So you think they're going to play. Do you think they can play? You think they can play?
Speaker 2: For no?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I'm not saying you they will, But you think they can play finals.
Speaker 2: Well, know what I said was they're mathematically actually you know what, I've actually got it wrong. They've only got five games left, so theoretically they if even if they win five more games, only win twelve games, and twelve probably doesn't get you there. So they probably are out of math mathematical contention already. So yeah, she's telling me going already. So yeah, I'm with you now. They probably if he needs surgery, get the seon.
Speaker 1: If he needs a reco if it's just a clean out or whatever, fine, no where he can put off. But if he needs a shoulder reconstruction, I'm not wasting time now, I'm getting it done. And during bulls the other one, because he needs shoulder reconstruction.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because he hasn't. He's looked a shadow of himself.
Speaker 1: They've all looked a shadow. With a big game up against Paramatto, been up and down, a.
Speaker 2: Very winnable game.
Speaker 1: It definitely is a winner.
Speaker 2: It's interested in the Jerome Blue Eye up against his future one year club.
Speaker 1: He's probably thankful in a way that Adam's taking all the pressure off Jerome around Jerome, right, But because of the Adam situation, who you're tipping in in that one.
Speaker 2: I'm actually gonna tip the Tigers. Mick, I think the Tigers might get them. What do you reckon?
Speaker 1: I've got no confidence, no confidence at all, the second last up against third last word, no confidence in either of them. But you're going.
Speaker 2: Tigers the Tigers.
Speaker 1: I think I'm going to Speaking of size at the bottom of the ladder, Saint George Laurie, Dragons, Rising Dragons. Depends on if you're going to have a silly take.
Speaker 2: On night, it's probably guaranteed a silly take.
Speaker 1: So they signed cod nick Arema this week. That adds to Scott drink Water obviously. Nick Arema Watson metcalf Army coll coma tonguey six six players players that five of them will walk into their starting thirteen and Connor Watson just depends on how you use it, but is a weekly starter for or weekly fixture in their seventeen right, So five out of thirteen locked in probably six with Connor if you're going to start him at thirteen is probably where I like to play him, But just depends on that situation.
Speaker 2: Look at Hamish Stewart, they haven't had thirteen, yeah, but thirteen at that footy club.
Speaker 1: But depending on where you think Hamish's best position is on edge, oh whatever, but like so five locked in and then Connor's in there seventeen every week of course, So where realistically, where can the Dragons finish next year?
Speaker 2: I reckon ten's a good finish for the next year, tense great finish when you consider their stone muddlust last this year they've won two games. You need to win thirteen games, twelve to thirteen games to make the finals next year, right, that's the standard amount of games. I don't think to win another ten or eleven games, eight or nine games sorry next year in additional eight and nine games, that's a big leap. Not many teams make that leap. And I'm not sure. I still think if you look at the sides outside the eight currently Melbourne camera the Bulldogs are all outside the eight. Yeah, I think they're all better squads than the Dragon's going to have next year. So I'm not sure that. I think there's a lot of talking about that and then pushing for the top eight, and I'm sure inside the camp that's what they're aiming for. I think it might be beyond them.
Speaker 1: But if you've got them at tenth, they're pushing for the top eight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I think it's one of those tenths where you know they're always on the proof free and never really.
Speaker 1: I think I think it's a tenth, but a tenth that's pushing for the eight. Okay, Like, do you know I think if we're here this time next year, if we're still going, you know, they'll be they'll.
Speaker 2: Be you and I on the podcast either.
Speaker 1: Top eight contention. And if you're saying they're going to come tenth, you have to be agreeing with me.
Speaker 2: Well, no, I don't think they're a realistic.
Speaker 1: Five minutes ago that the Tigers are a chance of playing finals footy.
Speaker 2: Have four hundreds and third on mathematical.
Speaker 1: And at the moment, okay, tenth right now is mainly okay, do meinly have a hope playing finals footy this year?
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course they do.
Speaker 1: So the Dragons, you assume, by that same metric, have a hope playing finals footing.
Speaker 2: No, because I differ in my view of them. Right. My view of them is they'll never never never. Really mainly it's been in the eighth this year, right, they've just fallen out of it. My view is they'll never realistically be in contention, laws be floating around that tenth to fourteenth.
Speaker 1: Fourteenth would be a bad season. Yeah, I think tenth. I think tenth is part.
Speaker 2: Everyone's raving about their signings and I agree they've made good signings, right, But there's still some holes in that so le even their spine, even their spine, right, their spine to me, even with the signings they've made, there's a lot of question marks over that spine.
Speaker 1: Agree there is a risk factor to it that.
Speaker 2: Cuff hasn't played a lot of footing. Cody's thirty odd what, Yeah, hooker will be little.
Speaker 1: Probably hopefully it's little because Connor not.
Speaker 2: A and drink his drink. What is a really good player? Right? And people are bagging me because I said he wasn't the top you know, the top eight fullbacks in the comp And look, he's probably played at that level this year. He has been very good for the Cowboys, but if you stack them all up, he's not. He's not the top tier of fullback. So I still think there's a and for me, I always look at when I look at Premiership threats to top eight sides, final sides, I always like to look at this spine. I think that's for me, the most important part of any footy team, right, And I still say that spine is not among the elite spines in the comp. It's probably not in the top eight spines in the comp. That's the worry for me. And the outside backs are a bit lean.
Speaker 1: As we say, outside backs the number one issue. But you look at that that forward park and Keon it is very good, right, it is very good.
Speaker 2: You bang on about this for he is very young.
Speaker 1: And on into the mix, who's an world class player like that? And they've like they've marched up the field this year most games, most games they've at least matched the opposition forward pack. The next year, you know, if that's half the battle that they'll get, they will get to good positions on the field. They just can't score.
Speaker 2: Points they need. It's taken on a step forward. I think, of course, I can I ask you this. I meant to ask you this on three sixty last night about the halves Metcalfe, Nick Arema, like, how do you think that'll do? You think that will work?
Speaker 1: You speak to Luke. Luki is so sure of himself, and I want just to come across the wrong way because he's not arrogant. He's confident, right, he's so sure that he can run off footy side and direct a footy side and be I did Vegas with him last year, so speaking to him last year, he was he's a risk because what is he twenty seven to twenty eight hasn't played fifty first grade games? Crazy, So it's a weird stat line and it's weird to generally give someone that sort of money given their lack of footy that they've played. But I think it's very good player and what they will have in them. They're going to chance their arm. They're going to be a little bit loose at times. And you know Scott drink Water's got a clanger in him, right, we've seen it. That's going to be under the micros because he's at the Cowboys. Whilst he's been the main man this year because of Didon's injury, he hasn't had the expectation or the pressure to be like the main man that's going to arrive once against Sydney, like in Sydney next year at a big club. So that's that's going to be a different approach for him. And but I just think their creativity between the three of them will give the Dragons something they desperately crave. And I can't be critical of the club for getting themselves in a position now that for so long they've bought poorly and I've been so I've been so critical of the over the last few years. Right, I can't sit here and be critical of them because I can see the direction and the gaps that they need to fill in terms of the style of plower they've done that.
Speaker 2: I'm not being critical of the club for signing those guys like I think they could all potentially be great signings. Right, Drink, he might be a great signing for them if he maintains his form and this.
Speaker 1: Year Drink and I said at the time was the length of three years and the amount of money. That was what I was critical with at the time.
Speaker 2: And Metcalf Luke Metcalf may be a sensational signing.
Speaker 1: He'll either be great or element we've seen.
Speaker 2: We've seen the form he showed it last year. I started last year before he did his need unbelievable. Right, So they might be great signings, but there is a sense of there is a question mark over him.
Speaker 1: And Jacob Little is the other one who nine Who's I really like Jack a little as a player, but durability hasn't been any strength. Yeah, but he's another guy like he's fast, he's dynamic once he gets out of dumby half. So they've just got this well what it's given them now and this will help the outside backs. Right, They've got players that are threats now inside at the moment. Daniel Atkinson, Clink Guthas and Kyle Flanagan. They're not threats with the footy, right, So.
Speaker 2: I'll have some points in them, there's no doubt about and.
Speaker 1: I think you'll like get it right. I've been quite critical Valentine jins this like vow showing glimpses when he gets some space. He's still got speed and footwork, right, So if these guys can create those opportunities and he gets more one on one option like one on one opportunities, I think there's still life in val at that point. But the questions, as you said, is around their center spot. Does Guttherson play there, There's Atkinson play there, there's most of Souley resurrect his career and play there. You know that's that's an issue for him. And you know what they do with Atkinson and Kyle Flannagan, Now where do they sit in terms of peck in order. They got high hopes for caid Reid, so you know, I think cad Read is probably the back up half. That's the intention is that next year that cad Reid is the backup half. So there's a lot of dissect there and I feel like guthuson Atkinson planning again, or we know Sulei's on the market, but if any club came knocking for any of those players that they'd be open to let them go.
Speaker 2: You win me over, Mick. You're slowly winning me over with this.
Speaker 1: Well, but I'm not because I'm not saying anything that's unrealistic. I'm not saying they're a top four side. They're far from the top five side, right, But I think this time next year that will be they should be in finals contention because they've recruited really, really well and they could jagging outside back if some other things move. You know, they've shown that they're not going to be conservative in the player market. They're going to be active and then they can get deals done. The cod Nick Arema deal came out of nowhere. Really, we hadn't heard I don't heard a whisper about it. We thought he was going to I don't heard a whisper about it till about twenty four hours before it all sort of came out right, So it all happened discreetly. And I think he's a good signing from interesting Dragons Dolphins. Cody nick Arema plays on Friday up against the club that he's very rare that you get announcement of a player joining the club in the week that they're playing. But the Drags were absolutely disgraceful last weekend. They were wakeful. It was like the Dragons of old. Like it was like the Dragons of the Week five.
Speaker 2: It still feels like they've got that game in them every now and then, right, I mean.
Speaker 1: I thought they'd gone beyond that a bit. But I think the Dolphins could win and win well.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, I think I think I tip the Dolphins. Yeah, I can never remember.
Speaker 1: Tip I can, but there's no way you tipped the Dragon.
Speaker 2: Tipped the Dragons once this year last week. Unluckly, I tipped the Titans last week and get up son, Yeah, Dolphins, I tip a couple of times next year, given some players coming.
Speaker 1: They played the Tigers later this year. Who that's going to be an interesting one that.
Speaker 2: Will be an interesting game depends if the Tigers have sent after squad for surgery.
Speaker 1: Yes, Thursday night kicks off Cowboys v. Rooster's big game. But one player that won't be playing is Tom did And Read Money won't be playing for North QUEENSLANDA because of the concussion protocols as well. Daniel Tupa missing for the Roosters. Lindsay Collins still side and probably a week away. Lindsay Collins from being back. But lots of talk and chatter over the last six months around Tom did And injured at the moment. But what's your take on the Tom did in situation. The story is the rumblings that we've all heard.
Speaker 2: Well, this started in the pre season. I remember, I can't know where he was, but Triple M did a whisper, and the whisper was that Tommy did and was going to wanted to move to Sydney right because his partner is lives in Sydney and she's now pregnant. She wasn't pregnant at the time. She's now pregnant, and obviously the Cowboys at the time shut it down, but it's subsequently emerged and been some talks between his management and the Cowboys about his situation. Right his situation situation the Cowboy was given his partner lives in Sydney, has a business in Sydney, and whatever. Out of those talks, I believe tom agreed to stay and sort of try and work through things and see if he could work through things with his partner moving up to towns Were. Now Obviously the whistlers haven't gone away, Mick. You've heard him. I've heard him. They've rumbled again this week because he's part of us, I said, is now pregnant and she's due later this year. And as I understand that she's going to move up there, live in Townsville. See how it goes. I don't I don't think this is over though, Mick. You know, I think my sense is that at some point it might reretate again. At the moment, it's pretty it sounds like they've sort of the situation out the Cowboys, but there's club's keeping an eye on the situation with Tommy did because he's such a good player.
Speaker 1: Such a good player, but he's on big money, right, huge money. You had this around what's what's what's his contract?
Speaker 2: So his contract is next year he's on about I think it's around one two, one three, and then the year after he's on I believe twelve percent of whatever the salary cap is, So if the Caps will imagine it will be about fifteen sixty million, so he'll be on one point one point nine million.
Speaker 1: That would probably make him the highest player in the game just about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he be given be given a nudge. I mean, I think Mitch and Mitch Ma's and Nathan clearly highest paid. I believe they both probably got ratchets and their deals, so they might go beyond him actually, but yeah, it's a significant amount of money and the Cowboys have made that investment in him and they don't want to see him go, right, So it's one of those ones you've got to watch and see where this goes. Mick down the track. I don't think it's there's anything imminent.
Speaker 1: So you think he's at the Cowboys next year?
Speaker 2: I think, yeah, I think he'll be. Well, I think he will be, but I wouldn't put my house on it, just because when you're dealing with situations like this where potentially a partner may may be unsettled because as I said, she's from Sydney, got a business in Sydney. I imagine her family's in Sydney and she's about about to have their first child. You know that that can be difficult, right, So I think again, I think it's a watch and see thing with.
Speaker 1: Tommy, Cowboys, Roosters. What's your tip?
Speaker 2: My tip is the Roosters. I think for memory watch of you on the TI in situation.
Speaker 1: Oh well, it's something that we've all heard, right, and clubs, I'm sure in the background we're doing their calculations to see if they could try and get him in and what would take. And there's no way the Cowboys were even going to contemplate let him go unless they've got an elite player in return at the moment to hard basket for that to happen. But I feel like, as you said, maybe they've committed see how it goes in Townsville. If they can settle as a new fan like new parents and things like that, then he might see out his contract. But there was no doubt rumblings that we'd all heard and clubs were made aware of his not his availability, but the potential for his availability.
Speaker 2: And but look, he's such an important player, such a good player.
Speaker 1: Without drink water there turn out like he becomes so important because you know Perdue will go to fullback that becomes really young and things like that. So it didn't. Yeah, he is the long term Queensland potentially Queensland captor. You know, like he's got everything going for him. So on the Cowboys. Obviously I'm not letting him go without a fight. But so you've tip roosters, Tip the roosters. Who got me to a couple more games to run through radio Friday night, second game Storm the Bulldogs storm. Any hope, well there hope there still thought you would say that there's a.
Speaker 2: Hot tip that hated a young kid will make us to do in this game. Hayden Watson, good player, young nine in year old queens and kid. He was a strange schoolboys hooker. He's a half years a hooker. He played a lot of hooker as a kid. But they've moved into half half five eighted that the storm he's been playing. New said last cup, killing it, New said, last cup. Strong marlet he will actually start this game. So I'm not sure what's going on there, but.
Speaker 1: I mean Tyrone wish I to hooker or would that mean he plays hooker.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure what the movie is Mick that I'm not aware of, but tip keep an eye him because he is a gun. My tip is.
Speaker 1: Bulldogs, Me too, Bulldogs Top eight.
Speaker 2: I reckoning you to make it. You know them well camera, one of them will sneak in. They're most flying.
Speaker 1: He drops out Newcastle, I feel so. I hope Newcastle. Actually, I hope Newcastle don't drop out. They don't deserve they don't deserve to. But Titans Warriors. Titans really impressive against the Dragon the Warriors. We're talking about how bad the Dragons were. The Warriors were diabolically against the Titans.
Speaker 2: Where is this?
Speaker 1: What do you think of Luke Metcalf. We spoke around Luke Metcalf. Does he need to come back into that side?
Speaker 2: Mickle. I've actually been saying for an eternity that I think they need they need him in the team, but I haven't seen. Now he's been going on Caper, so I'm told he's been going good. I think they're a better team when he's in it and playing well, So I think they've got to bring him back eventually. They want to make a dent in the finals. I think gold Coaster win this game.
Speaker 1: Warriors.
Speaker 2: They're just playing so well.
Speaker 1: Play well. They are playing well by the Warriors need to bounce back. They look like a bottom four side. Really. Panthers Raiders the Mudgie Mudgie clash. What do you make of that?
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what big change of the Panthers dropping Blaze to Lungey out?
Speaker 1: I do you agree with that?
Speaker 2: I'm not going to second guess Ivan Cleary, right, I think defensively, we've all known defensively that's been a spot area for them, right, If you want to get at them, you target that left side of their defense where Blaze and Casey McLean. He's missed a lot of tackles this year. Blaze lunge her second most, I mean five. The comp behind as a man, So I can understand why they've done it, But I'll be interested to see how long it continues for I don't think it's a permanent thing, Mick.
Speaker 1: I think Jack Holler could do a real good job there, and if he does, it could be not a long term player, but in terms.
Speaker 2: Of the Philip the more dangerous side with the ball. When Blaze plays as opposed to Jack Couger. That fair enough.
Speaker 1: But when you've got points of attack on Dylan Edwards's back as I Nathan Cleary, Papa Lee, he Casey McLean, Tom Jenkins, do you need a date?
Speaker 2: Like? Maybe not?
Speaker 1: Do you know what I mean? Like? It's there's enough points of attack there. He's obviously a better attacking player than more dangerous than Jack. But I don't know. I think I actually like to move. I really like it because I think they've been vulnerable and makes a.
Speaker 2: Little suggestion here for Blaze to ling if I'm Paramatta right, he's in November one guy. Yes, I'm dead to having a last to try and get him back to Paramatta. Why not if he can't get a deal done in Penrith his brother still Paramatter. Yeah, I'm that they need a six. We know that they've also got to run there next year, but it's a twelve month thing. I know they've got some kids coming through, but Blaze telling is a para kid. I'm having to go to get him back.
Speaker 1: I can't believe he hasn't got a doing it next year Ronald Walkman. Obviously he's not at the top end, but in terms of backup halves, he's been so good for Paramatta, so serviceable. You know me, gosh, next to nothing to have him in your books.
Speaker 2: It's unbelievable, because you're right, he's been very good for par of this. He's surprised, surprisingly good right in difficult circumstances. And I can't believe the club hasn't sign him either, because you're right, he won't cost your bomb. He's a bargain basement pick up. Should pick him, make it happened.
Speaker 1: Broncos up against the Knights, Broncos. Broncos have done the Bronx. I really feel sorry. I'm tipping the Broncos too, but I really feel sorry for the night.
Speaker 2: That's the worst time.
Speaker 1: I hope it's just been. I don't observe it even like to get within a point of that game last week when they had the players they have got injured, plus no Callen and Seffeti and back this week and he's been named so yeah, they they they definitely need him. Dylan Lucas and Dylan Brown gone for the season, so huge two outs for him. But Broncos. For me too, the last time we haven't spoken about Sharks for Rabbits can Cronolin winning his competition like have they they've served? So for mine it was Penrith, then two three were very close in terms of Rooster's Warriors, and then I found the Sharks Dolphins sort of as that next tier. Sharks are now in that next tier above.
Speaker 2: Have they jumped the Warriors?
Speaker 1: They jumped the Warriors, Bryan in terms of their last performance. So for me now it goes Penrith dip Brewster, Sharks dip Warriors dip.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree with you man. They're playing such good Footio Nicko and Nicko's skin and trindle, but the question mark always with is the finals, whether they can do it in the finals.
Speaker 1: That's been They look different this year, but I do agree, not this year, the last six weeks that looked different.
Speaker 2: Nick We've looked at them before and thought this, so I can do something.
Speaker 1: Look I'm looking at a bit differently now. Well something of course, but there's just something a little bit different about it, with a bit more freedom or a bit more confident, a bit more swagger that like they don't there's going to be some big games before the finals, but they don't have that that era of uncertainty around them at the moment. So I'm really liking what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I agree with you. I think there's a different look to them, but I still want to see it in September until they do it. When the whips are cracking pointing into the season, what are the cliches can I drag out? That's when I believe in them, right, because they've got a great coach, like he's an unbelievable coach, FITZI. There's their squad looks cherry right right. Their halves are playing well and the key, the key for them is always their halves.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: When those halves play well, they're capable of beating anyone. They just need to do it in Septembers with you chucks, oh ducks.
Speaker 1: All right, Time for the b s Messages of the weak.
Speaker 2: I've got a message today, bick you do yeah for the fans. For the fans. I was looking on the ABC Instagram Yes this morning, Yes, and there was a clip up Dennis can't Dennis Carahan, I think that's his name. He's done a song song comparing you and about you, and Michael Chammas.
Speaker 1: Carry Nis and Chammers kick for the press. Carryanas and Chammers are such a pretty pair. Carrianas and Chammers. One's good and one's a pass.
Speaker 2: How you always get mixed up? Which does happen? Quite free?
Speaker 1: Bananas in pajamas?
Speaker 2: Bananas and pajamas. You're dressed up as a banana and pajamas thoughts.
Speaker 1: They played it on Sunday and it was quite very amusing. Dennis is a genius. But poor Dennis hasn't had a hit since That's in Queensland. He's a one hit one. So this is his back. Baby. I've made him relevant again, but I have made him relevant again, So den Dog, you're welcome.
Speaker 2: Did you get a cover of the royalties on that or what happened to? Well?
Speaker 1: ABC stuffed up the Bluey right, Hopefully they don't stuff up the Best Messages of the Week soft cause Dodger reviews by rounds. Nobody wanted. It's time to call it out. This is I call BS a segment where we tackle the nonsense in including the best messages you submit each week at Code sports dot com to AU. So let's get into it. This is from Steve from North Humberine, Tambourine.
Speaker 2: Tambourine is that look? Is that in Queensland. That's in Queensland. And there you go downs.
Speaker 1: The l persist with time wasting scrums. The scrum rules are ignored. Just give the board to the relevant team. So should they get rid of scrums?
Speaker 2: No, they shouldn't get rid of scrums. That is Tambourine. I think that's in Queensland near the Gold Coast. If it's Mount Tambourine north, you know what I'm saying. There's a place called Mount Tambourine, so maybe it's north Mount Tambourine. Anyway, No, they shouldn't get rid of.
Speaker 1: Steve knows where he's from.
Speaker 2: You got to keep scrums. It's part of the fabric of the game. What would you get rid of a basically redundant now anyways, let's just you know, they'ren't neat and tidy these days, and attack gives teams an attacking.
Speaker 1: I wish it would give teams they never use that.
Speaker 2: We saw it great? Great? What about the great scrum playing origin with Queensland scored.
Speaker 1: Great when they there were scrumb and they just turned an inside ball into.
Speaker 2: A Yeah, yeah, boring. I'm with you.
Speaker 1: That should be banned forwards in the stainless scrum.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you should push for that rule.
Speaker 1: I can't be bothered. Dale from Campbelltown. Time to drop leu Iron Dewey to reserve a out and close the door behind them. Talk to talk now, walk the walk Marshall. Wow, we disagree with that. Yeah, we're just a good disagree with everyone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think they can at the moment. They're a bit short short.
Speaker 1: I'm only saying, yes, he's going to get get his shoulder record had a shoulder. Okay, have you.
Speaker 2: From what I'm told and what I'm told from what I'm told about your football.
Speaker 1: But didn't do much at wasn't your chance? They did do a playing footy though, Did you kept dissiccating?
Speaker 2: I'll be able to put the shop put it back in. Did you? You're one tough hombro.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that wraps up. That wasn't the bees by the way. That wraps up second for this week.
Speaker 2: Who want to hear We want to see his stay. That was a long time ago.
Speaker 1: If you've got something that's driving you mad in footy or Brent Reid's driving you crazy, and you want to get it off your chest, Share with us on our BS message board at cod sports dot com dot A you